Thread Rating:

LostWages
LostWages
  • Threads: 38
February 14th, 2017 at 9:38:05 AM permalink
Happy Valentine's Day, BBB!
Eat real food . . . and you won't need medicine (or a lot less!)
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
February 14th, 2017 at 11:11:34 AM permalink
Trump administration now undeniably has had backroom ties with the Kremlin. But we are all still libtard conspiracy theorists, right?
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
February 14th, 2017 at 11:20:20 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Very intelligent, responsible and capable people don't want to run for President or be involved in politics anymore.

Dumbest thing I've ever read.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 14th, 2017 at 1:10:04 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Dumbest thing I've ever read.

And that is saying something, he reads the National Enquirer!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
February 14th, 2017 at 1:29:24 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

And now we know why he's tweeting again.

Quote: @RoguePOTUSStaff
The good news for POTUS is that accepting Flynn's sudden resg gave him leverage to negotiate the return of his phone. Such a deal maker.

LOL

So, either these guys aren't as "inside " as they claim, or Sean Spicer is putting out revisionist history aka alternative facts. Trump supposedly demanded Flynn's resignation yesterday, with Bannon being the last holdout against it. Would seem there was little opportunity to negotiate the phone return when you're the one instigating the demand. But what do I know: I've never had a 4 year old.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 14th, 2017 at 1:36:33 PM permalink
And, of course, while the reports are wall-to-wall Flynn, where there's little left to see, 45 signs an EO gutting* Dodd-Frank on behalf of the tbtf banks. Real news gets overshadowed again.

*disclaimer: I haven't read the EO so do not know the impact. "Gutting" is a descriptor taken from an early report. I expect someone knowledgeable will parse the changes in the next day or two.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 14th, 2017 at 1:51:48 PM permalink

And that is saying something, he reads the National Enquirer!

'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 262
February 14th, 2017 at 6:05:21 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Would seem there was little opportunity to negotiate the phone return when you're the one instigating the demand. But what do I know: I've never had a 4 year old.

Good one !

I thought this was interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-vocabulary_us_580d458de4b0a03911ed69b6
There's emptiness behind their eyes There's dust in all their hearts They just want to steal us all and take us all apart
ams288
ams288
February 14th, 2017 at 6:30:30 PM permalink
The NY Times is breaking this story right now. This seems.....big.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
February 14th, 2017 at 8:15:11 PM permalink

The NY Times is breaking this story right now. This seems.....big.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

This is happening.
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
February 15th, 2017 at 1:55:54 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

This is happening.

I'll believe it when I see it on Fox, RT and Breitbart :o)
MSNBC
CNN
NYT
Washington Post
BBC
Reuters
All fake news!

Actually, I can see RT might switch it's angle just out of a sense of mischief. That would be funny.
So, will Tumpy be able to put a stop to the security services investigations given the chain of command?
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ams288
ams288
February 15th, 2017 at 5:53:41 AM permalink
Still not hearing much from the Trump supporters...

It's almost like they're not even interested in defending treason!
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
February 15th, 2017 at 9:36:29 AM permalink

Still not hearing much from the Trump supporters...

It's almost like they're not even interested in defending treason!

This is because we are getting ready for a civil war while your side is spending all of its time crying on social media, forums, protests and fake news. It will be glorious... hope your armed and ready as much as I am.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
February 15th, 2017 at 9:48:50 AM permalink
Quote: monet0412

This is because we are getting ready for a civil war while your side is spending all of its time crying on social media, forums, protests and fake news. It will be glorious... hope your armed and ready as much as I am.

And here lies multiple problems:

1) "your side"... Does anyone understand the idea between having the 2 "major" parties? It separates and divides us to argue amongst each other while the politicians make laws to give themselves raises and to be members for life, take bribes, etc, etc, etc.

To me, this is the exact same thing as Nationalism. The thought that your country is "better" than someone else's is just STUPID. Tell me, do you ever meet up with a good friend from another town and go "lol my city is so much better than yours!" ...who cares? Or how about a good friend from another state? Do you ever tell them (with strong conviction) "my state is the best state!" ...No, because again who cares. So then why do we burn with passion when it comes to our country? OMG AMERICA IS THE BEST AND YOU'RE THE WORST PERSON EVER IF YOU DON'T AGREE! Why? Because prior politicians filled you with "national pride" to brain wash you in to this line of thinking so that they could use that against you to do whatever the hell they wanted... "Our nation is the best, and we have to show others we're the best so we're going to start this war that has NOTHING to do with oil I promise you!" and we as brain washed sheep go "Yep, we gotta show everyone what 'MURICA is all about!"

2) People are being active because it's what we CAN do to combat the disaster that is our politics/presidency right now. The nation doesn't agree with him. The nation doesn't want him. He won by a technicality and by TRICKING people by playing off of their fears by LYING his way through his campaign with breitbart articles (not facts). He still today thinks there's 3-5 million cases of voter fraud because breitbart posted it. You wanna talk about fake news? Talk about where trump gets his information. He's completely unprepared for the job, let alone his falsified information/beliefs that he panders to his followers for them to pander out to the public because if donny said it then it must be true! There are some of us interested in FACTS and checking things we don't have enough information about. Those are the people trying to raise up, share information, discover new information, and PROTEST the FAKE information from this president.

3) Absolutely no joke I wouldn't mind another civil war. Seems to be the only "legit" way to get rid of the idiots who worship their gut feelings and lies rather than facts and logic. Just an FYI just from the election alone, you're already out numbered and on the wrong side of history.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
steeldco
steeldco
  • Threads: 52
February 15th, 2017 at 10:32:05 AM permalink
Heil Trump!

The 25 Points of Hitler's Nazi Party

1. We demand the union of all Germans in a Great Germany on the basis of the principle of self-determination of all peoples.

2. We demand that the German people have rights equal to those of other nations; and that the Peace Treaties of Versailles and St. Germain shall be abrogated.

3. We demand land and territory (colonies) for the maintenance of our people and the settlement of our surplus population.

4. Only those who are our fellow countrymen can become citizens. Only those who have German blood, regardless of creed, can be our countrymen. Hence no Jew can be a countryman.

5. Those who are not citizens must live in Germany as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens.

6. The right to choose the government and determine the laws of the State shall belong only to citizens. We therefore demand that no public office, of whatever nature, whether in the central government, the province, or the municipality, shall be held by anyone who is not a citizen.

We wage war against the corrupt parliamentary administration whereby men are appointed to posts by favor of the party without regard to character and fitness.

7. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens (non-citizens) must be expelled from the Reich.

8. Any further immigration of non-Germans must be prevented. We demand that all non-Germans who have entered Germany since August 2, 1914, shall be compelled to leave the Reich immediately.

9. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties.

10. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. No individual shall do any work that offends against the interest of the community to the benefit of all.

Therefore we demand:

11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.

12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.

13. We demand the nationalization of all trusts.

14. We demand profit-sharing in large industries.

15. We demand a generous increase in old-age pensions.

16. We demand the creation and maintenance of a sound middle-class, the immediate communalization of large stores which will be rented cheaply to small tradespeople, and the strongest consideration must be given to ensure that small traders shall deliver the supplies needed by the State, the provinces and municipalities.

17. We demand an agrarian reform in accordance with our national requirements, and the enactment of a law to expropriate the owners without compensation of any land needed for the common purpose. The abolition of ground rents, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.

18. We demand that ruthless war be waged against those who work to the injury of the common welfare. Traitors, usurers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished with death, regardless of creed or race.

19. We demand that Roman law, which serves a materialist ordering of the world, be replaced by German common law.

20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life. The conception of the State Idea (science of citizenship) must be taught in the schools from the very beginning. We demand that specially talented children of poor parents, whatever their station or occupation, be educated at the expense of the State.

21. The State has the duty to help raise the standard of national health by providing maternity welfare centers, by prohibiting juvenile labor, by increasing physical fitness through the introduction of compulsory games and gymnastics, and by the greatest possible encouragement of associations concerned with the physical education of the young.

22. We demand the abolition of the regular army and the creation of a national (folk) army.

23. We demand that there be a legal campaign against those who propagate deliberate political lies and disseminate them through the press. In order to make possible the creation of a German press, we demand:

(a) All editors and their assistants on newspapers published in the German language shall be German citizens.

(b) Non-German newspapers shall only be published with the express permission of the State. They must not be published in the German language.

(c) All financial interests in or in any way affecting German newspapers shall be forbidden to non-Germans by law, and we demand that the punishment for transgressing this law be the immediate suppression of the newspaper and the expulsion of the non-Germans from the Reich.

Newspapers transgressing against the common welfare shall be suppressed. We demand legal action against those tendencies in art and literature that have a disruptive influence upon the life of our folk, and that any organizations that offend against the foregoing demands shall be dissolved.

24. We demand freedom for all religious faiths in the state, insofar as they do not endanger its existence or offend the moral and ethical sense of the Germanic race.

The party as such represents the point of view of a positive Christianity without binding itself to any one particular confession. It fights against the Jewish materialist spirit within and without, and is convinced that a lasting recovery of our folk can only come about from within on the pinciple:

COMMON GOOD BEFORE INDIVIDUAL GOOD

25. In order to carry out this program we demand: the creation of a strong central authority in the State, the unconditional authority by the political central parliament of the whole State and all its organizations.

The formation of professional committees and of committees representing the several estates of the realm, to ensure that the laws promulgated by the central authority shall be carried out by the federal states.

The leaders of the party undertake to promote the execution of the foregoing points at all costs, if necessary at the sacrifice of their own lives.
DO NOT blindly accept what has been spoken. DO NOT blindly accept what has been written. Think. Assess. Lead. DO NOT blindly follow.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 15th, 2017 at 10:56:12 AM permalink
Wait? Isn't Trump supposed to hate Jews, just like Bannon does? Isn't Bannon really running the country? Seems liberals didn't think this one through.

Or it's just part of the evil plan.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 15th, 2017 at 10:59:57 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Wait? Isn't Trump supposed to hate Jews, just like Bannon does? Isn't Bannon really running country? Seems liberals didn't think this one through.

Or it's just part of the evil plan.

So he hates his son in law and daughter?
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
ams288
ams288
February 15th, 2017 at 11:01:48 AM permalink

Yeesh. Someone needs to send the FBI to this person's house...
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 15th, 2017 at 11:03:45 AM permalink
Trump is blaming fake news for the Flynn downfall
WTF
Trump fired Flynn
why
Does Trump believe the fake news regarding Flynn
If the news is fake, why fire Flynn?
weird
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 15th, 2017 at 11:10:53 AM permalink

Yeesh. Someone needs to send the FBI to this person's house...

The government will fix it.....always your answer.
terapined
terapined
February 15th, 2017 at 11:49:26 AM permalink
Trump said today
"General Flynn is a wonderful man, I think he's been treated very, very unfairly by the media, as I call it, the fake media in many cases."
ok
My question
Why did Trump fire Flynn?
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 15th, 2017 at 12:24:06 PM permalink

So, that's what 'your side' seeks in the interest of your country. That's what you hoped that Trump would deliver, a chance for a few militias to play with their guns. Well, the truth is out.
Now, one or two problems with that:-

It ain't horses and sabres any more. It's missiles, tanks, fighter jets, stealth bombers and gunship helicopters. Let's see the gun-toting militias against those.
There's foreign adversaries who might not have been around the last time you had civil war. They are there now all tooled up with nukes and tools of terror. They'll p155 themselves laughing as they plunder or wreck the earths resources as you riot and bomb yourselves to oblivion.
Your glorious leaders would just love martial law. NO-ONE will be safe, not least their loyal footsoldiers.

Some who voted for Trump wanted a brighter future where they would get full employment, lower taxes, improved standards of living all round. Civil war doesn't tend to deliver those. Then again, fsk knows why they thought a bunch of fascist billionaires would deliver those either. Talk about misguided!.
Some voted for Trumpy because they want the sort of anarchy that he would inevitably bring. The chance to shoot a few Muslims, Mexicans and non caucasians.

Well, you broke it. You bought it. You enjoy it.
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
ams288
ams288
February 15th, 2017 at 12:31:16 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

The government will fix it.....always your answer.

I prefer not to mess with crazies with guns. Let the proper authorities take care of them.... what's so wrong with that?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
February 15th, 2017 at 12:34:35 PM permalink
Putzner is withdrawing his nomination. 2 down.
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 15th, 2017 at 12:48:32 PM permalink
http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/opinions/reasoning-with-trump-voters-mallicote/index.html
Quote:

There are unquestionably people who voted for Trump for ugly reasons, and those folks are probably beyond persuasion...

The reality is that you voted for Trump because you got conned. Trump is a grifter and the American people were the mark. Hey, it happens, and there's no shame in being taken in by a pro. But now that you know the score, quit insisting the conman is on your side.

monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
February 15th, 2017 at 1:29:22 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Well, you broke it. You bought it. You enjoy it.

I swear you guys on here are slow in this thread/forum. Once again... I DIDN'T VOTE ... I NEVER VOTE. I don't care who is in office or in power. That isn't my racket. I could care less what happens or doesn't happen. I didn't cry and complain when Obama was in office. I didn't care about the Clintons in office or lying or getting impeached. I didn't care about either Bush or Reagan or any other president. My point is I don't care if Trump is in office or not. It doesn't bother me. I wouldn't complain if Hillary was in Office and I won't complain if Trump is thrown out or quits. I won't care if Mike Pence is in office. My point is that we could very well be in for a civil war and I won't cry about that. I will just take the proper action. I am well prepared compared to the Liberals who think they have more numbers which they don't. Even if they did they do not have the firepower to back anything up nor do they have the cold blood flowing in their veins to be able to handle such a nightmare.

Quote: Romes

3) Absolutely no joke I wouldn't mind another civil war. Seems to be the only "legit" way to get rid of the idiots who worship their gut feelings and lies rather than facts and logic. Just an FYI just from the election alone, you're already out numbered and on the wrong side of history.

Once again Romes proves that he and his way is the smartest best way in the room and anyone who doesn't agree with it is either labeled a MORON or an IDIOT or IGNORANT. Go back to making your 300k per year with minimal hours Aping and just enjoy your Life of Riley.
Last edited by: monet0412 on Feb 15, 2017
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
Boz
February 15th, 2017 at 1:41:52 PM permalink
The press is crying, what is Trump doing, no
president acts like this. During the campaign
they cried, what is Trump doing, no candidate
acts like this. How quickly they forget.

Steve Bannon said today the press is basically
the enemy now, he could care less about
repairing the relationship with them. Three
days in a row Trump calls on conservative
news outlets only. When Obama cherry picked
who he called on, it was fine. Trump does it
and the world is ending.

Like I just read, Trump is a master manipulator.
He'll throw the press one liners that have them
jaw boning for days, while behind the scenes
they have no idea what's going on. Neil Cavuto
says they call Trump thin skinned, while in truth
nobody but nobody is more thin skinned than
the press.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
February 15th, 2017 at 1:45:31 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

and the world is ending.

the press.

I've missed these "head in the sand, everything is great!" posts from EvenBob.
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 15th, 2017 at 1:46:43 PM permalink

I swear you guys on here are slow in this thread/forum. Once again... I DIDN"T VOTE ... I NEVER VOTE. I don't care who is in office or in power.

'You guys' That's clearly aimed at a plural number of guys. Sincerest apologies if when I wrote 'You broke it' It was not clear that I was also refering to multiple people. I wasn't trying to imply that Monet was soley responsible.
I could also apologise for lumping non-voting Monet in with others who had voted Trumpy in. But I won't. To me, it's enough that Monet aligns himself with those who find Trump acceptable as a President. 'You' in the context that I used it could even be construed as 'You Americans' in aggregate ( though that's not what I meant ).
Quote:

I could care less what happens or doesn't happen.

I read a similar mis-use of that expression by Steve Bannon today. It did make me wonder Why don't you guys use the meaningful expression "I couldn't care less"
At least I haven't heard 'Nucular' for a while. Bush used to say that stupid non-word.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 15th, 2017 at 1:51:00 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Putzner is withdrawing his nomination. 2 down.

Only 2? By March 2010 Obama had 10 that
didn't make the vetting process, or resigned
before they got to it.

“Green Jobs” czar Van Jones
National Intelligence Council, Chas Freeman
Tom Daschle (D-South Dakota) withdrew his nomination to become Health and Human Services Secretary
Nancy Killefer, Obama’s nominee to serve as the government’s chief performance officer
Bill Richardson (D-New Mexico) withdrew his nomination to become Commerce Secretary
White House Social Secretary Desiree Rogers resigned
Jonathan Z. Cannon, nominated to serve as deputy director at the Environmental Protection Administration
Jide Zeitlin, Obama’s nominee to serve as U.S ambassador to the United Nations
Erroll Southers, Obama’s nominee to serve as director of the Travel Security Administration
Maj. Gen. Robert A. Harding, Obama’s second nominee to service as director of the Travel Security Administration

Tax problems and fraud charges killed most of
these people's chances. What's happening with
Trump is what happens in every new admin.
Vetting.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 15th, 2017 at 1:52:57 PM permalink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 15th, 2017 at 2:28:50 PM permalink
Send lawyers, guns and money
The shit has hit the fan.....
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
OnceDear
OnceDear
February 15th, 2017 at 2:50:17 PM permalink
Such arrogance from trumpy.*
He congratulates Sara Murray on her 'nice article', but then goes deaf again, when he doesn't like the question.
http://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/02/15/president-trump-ignores-media-questions-about-russian-contacts-orig-aa.cnn

Could it be that CNN used CGI to make those fake news clips**? Pretty brazen in front of all those other cameras and reporters.

* I'm going to stop capitalising the T in trumpy. He doesn't deserve that much respect.

**I'm being facetious: Of course it wasn't CGI. But how can trump's refusal to even acknowledge the straightforward questions be explained or justified? Has he really got nothing to say in reply, even if only to push back?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
February 15th, 2017 at 8:59:00 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

and the world is ending.

the press.

That's cool.

But what about Trump working with Russia to rig the election?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 15th, 2017 at 11:48:56 PM permalink
> Liberals call conservatives and Trump supporters idiots, morons, racists, ignorant, etc.
> Liberals confused why we'd rather just ignore them and not discuss stuff.

I think a civil war would be awful. Definitely not something I'd want to see. That being said, if there was a civil war, the liberals would be in for a rude awakening once they realize they have no guns and the conservatives tend to have more guns. See how many liberals are in law enforcement, the military, and even the government.....and compare that to how many conservatives are in those fields. I imagine fighting in a war when you're scared of just seeing a gun is not going to end up too well. If you think there are too many "safe spaces" now a days, imagine how many safe spaces there'd be in the event of a civil war. Whew!
LVJackal
LVJackal
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
SOOPOO
February 16th, 2017 at 2:10:32 AM permalink
So wanted to avoid politics, but this has yet to be mentioned or even approached...

Imagine what level of anger with the status quo that brought about the election of Trump?

I can understand both sides... Those who voted Hillary make sense "Oh lord, not this douchebag!" as well as those who voted Trump... F@#K career politicians who solve nothing... deal with this Douchebag!!

Everything failed... the Republicans who failed to understand their base and vet their candidates... the Democrats who propped up Bernie in a quasi show of democracy to give Hillary some perceived competition - when in reality the outcome was predetermined. The entire system that failed to understand Millenials would embrace social democracy or that nobody could swallow Hildebeast and four more years of shoveling crap while bowing to the rich.

So now here.. screw you.. deal with Trump... god help us... what do we do to ensure this never happens again?

This election cycle has revealed so much, the Dem party is in shambles.. as is the Republican... the populace is perhaps irrevocably shattered. A proper education system may have avoided this, a true devotion to party ideals rather than anything to kill the other side.

FWIW at least democracy was preserved, and the system put into power the narcissistic nimrod it selected. Once again, I abstained from voting.. if it matters to anyone... I refused to choose which form of rectal desecration i preferred...
terapined
terapined
February 16th, 2017 at 4:57:41 AM permalink
Quote: RS

> Liberals call conservatives and Trump supporters idiots, morons, racists, ignorant, etc.
> Liberals confused why we'd rather just ignore them and not discuss stuff.

I think a civil war would be awful. Definitely not something I'd want to see. That being said, if there was a civil war, the liberals would be in for a rude awakening once they realize they have no guns and the conservatives tend to have more guns. See how many liberals are in law enforcement, the military, and even the government.....and compare that to how many conservatives are in those fields. I imagine fighting in a war when you're scared of just seeing a gun is not going to end up too well. If you think there are too many "safe spaces" now a days, imagine how many safe spaces there'd be in the event of a civil war. Whew!

I am liberal
I don't call Trump supporters "idiots, morons, racists, ignorant,"
There are smart people on the left and right
I have smart friends that voted for Trump

As to a civil war. We are not even close to one. I have no idea where this is coming from. I have Trump supporters in the neighborhood. Good people. We are civil and talk about issues regarding our neighborhood. A good friend is a Trump supporter and pretty loud about it. His family still invites me for dinner. Real friendships rise above politics.

As to guns.
Many don't own due to depression
2 suicides in our neighborhood due to gunshots to the head due to depression
I am still mourning Butch Trucks, Allman Brothers drummer that recently committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.
Sometimes deciding not to own a gun has nothing to do with politics
Its that depression and gun ownership is a dangerous combination.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
February 16th, 2017 at 5:37:08 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

As to guns.
2 suicides in our neighborhood due to gunshots to the head due to depression
I am still mourning Butch Trucks, Allman Brothers drummer that recently committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.

BINGO

Very personal, but I'd 100% kill myself if I had a gun. I guess it's my weak liberal blood.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
February 16th, 2017 at 8:10:58 AM permalink
I don't know what will happen with the current investigation, but if it is proven that Trump and his minions colluded with Russia to throw the election, that could lead to an unprecedented Constitutional crisis if an impeachment succeeds.

The impeachment process is designed to focus on one culprit, who presumably screwed up big time while in office; he/she would be removed, and the next in line of succession would take the throne, typically the Vice President if the President is impeached..

But here, when the legitimacy of the entire election is questioned, an impeachment would arguably mandate that Trump and Pence both be thrown out of office, as Pence would be as tainted as Trump would be.

What would be the correct procedure to install a new President if the current heads of state are ousted?

I assume the line of succession would lead to Paul Ryan, speaker of the House, until a new election can be held, but that is not clear as it would be uncharted and unforeseen legal territory.

The issue would be dumped into the lap of the Supreme Court, currently split 4-4 on ideological lines.

A "tie" vote would by the court would lead to: what?

Anarchy?

Political meltdown?

The law as laid out by the Framers:

The Constitution, Article II, Section 4:
The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

The Constitution, Article I, Section 3:
The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present.

Judgment in Cases of Impeachments shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust, or Profit under the United States, but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment, and Punishmnet, according to Law.

Strange days.
Last edited by: MrV on Feb 16, 2017
"What, me worry?"
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
February 16th, 2017 at 8:52:10 AM permalink

...Once again Romes proves that he and his way is the smartest best way in the room and anyone who doesn't agree with it is either labeled a MORON or an IDIOT or IGNORANT. Go back to making your 300k per year with minimal hours Aping and just enjoy your Life of Riley.

Um, only thing I've "ever" said about my team was that we did very well the past year and we put in a bunch of hours to show for it (~1,000 hours in 2016 alone - all with full time jobs).

Where are you getting your Alternative-Facts?

trump isn't going to make it one full term. He can't. The point of a con is to hit your mark and get out. He conned his way in, but no way he can last 4 years. National security advisor gone, labor nomination withdrawn, nearly direct ties to russian officials during and after the campaign (treason)... and the best all of the lies already piling up that have even some of his supporters going "Wait, what?"
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
ams288
ams288
February 16th, 2017 at 10:20:35 AM permalink
Anyone watching this press conference?

Donald just said he had the "biggest electoral college win since Reagan."

How long until our resident righties start claiming that's true?

(It's not).
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 16th, 2017 at 10:37:36 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

3) Absolutely no joke I wouldn't mind another civil war.

The liberals, who have never learned to shoot a Daisy bb gun, against the good ol' boys who learned to shoot a gnat in the navel at age 10, blindfolded.

Yeah, BRING IT!
ams288
ams288
February 16th, 2017 at 10:46:15 AM permalink

The liberals, who have never learned to shoot a Daisy bb gun, against the good ol' boys who learned to shoot a gnat in the navel at age 10, blindfolded.

Yeah, BRING IT!

Should we take this post to mean that you want to murder liberals?

Cause that's basically what you are saying.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 16th, 2017 at 10:50:38 AM permalink

You sure skipped over Romes actually saying that (about conservatives).
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 16th, 2017 at 11:07:39 AM permalink
More likely, it would be the good ole boys with their fancy militia outfits against a young Officer a thousand miles away launching hell fires down on their treasonous asses. But let's not bring reality into it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 16th, 2017 at 11:20:12 AM permalink

I'm not a good ol' boy, and I can't shoot the broad side of a barn.

But if anyone favors playing 'little hitler', what part of Romes' liquidation rant did you not understand? I believe he stated something like "absolutely no joke", that we need to get rid of "the people who use emotion instead of logic", or something like that. Can you get much more zieg heil than that?

You can't word-game me Ams288, you're not at my level.
terapined
terapined
February 16th, 2017 at 11:25:22 AM permalink

But if anyone favors playing 'little hitler', what part of Romes' liquidation rant did you not understand? I believe he stated something like "absolutely no joke", that we need to get rid of "the people who use emotion instead of logic", or something like that. Can you get much more zieg heil than that?

I am liberal
I don't call Trump supporters "idiots, morons, racists, ignorant,"

As to a civil war. We are not even close to one. I have no idea where this is coming from. I have Trump supporters in the neighborhood. Good people. We are civil and talk about issues regarding our neighborhood. A good friend is a Trump supporter and pretty loud about it. His family still invites me for dinner. Real friendships rise above politics.

If I was a gun owner, I would be dead
Because I don't own a gun, I AM ALIVE :-)
ams288
ams288
February 16th, 2017 at 11:29:31 AM permalink

You can't word-game me Ams288, you're not at my level.

Agreed. I'm far far above it.

Maybe you should arm up and go check out Comet Ping Pong. Apparently there's some bad stuff going down there.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 16th, 2017 at 11:31:47 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

More likely, it would be the good ole boys with their fancy militia outfits against a young Officer a thousand miles away launching hell fires down on their treasonous asses. But let's not bring reality into it.

No, let's do bring reality into it. Romes "absolutely no joke" thinks a civil war would be a good thing, get rid of all those dumb folks who ain't as smart as him. You know, kinda like Mao Tse Tung did, reduce the population to manageable proportions.

I notice you assigned "treasonous" to a "side". I didn't catch which side you fell on, though, in your little war fantasy.
bobbartop
bobbartop
February 16th, 2017 at 11:33:17 AM permalink

Agreed. I'm far far above it.

In your dreams, lover.
  • Jump to: