Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 13
December 22nd, 2017 at 10:39:24 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Where'd you hear that? Snopes? You ain't pretty sure bout nuthin.

Tell me which country you would rather live in, right now, or at any point in the last century: The United States or Russia/U.S.S.R. And I don't give a tinker's cuss what Snopes says about the Cold War.
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 66
December 22nd, 2017 at 10:47:48 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Tell me which country you would rather live in, right now, or at any point in the last century: The United States or Russia/U.S.S.R. And I don't give a tinker's cuss what Snopes says about the Cold War.

That's a tough one. I bet this is going to be deep.
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 13
December 22nd, 2017 at 10:55:07 AM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

That's a tough one. I bet this is going to be deep.

Merry Christmas!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 157
December 29th, 2017 at 10:46:38 PM permalink
Remember when bald guys were bald on top, but had hair on the sides of their head. It's a rare thing these days. I noticed something rarer today, a bald man in the traditional sense, but he had about 15 lone survivor hairs on top of his head, each about 4 inches long just floating there curled over, the last hope.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/peanuts/images/b/bd/Pigpen.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20160715070328
Sometimes I think it's a sin when I feel like I'm winning, but I'm losing again.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 212
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
December 30th, 2017 at 5:51:15 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Remember when bald guys were bald on top, but had hair on the sides of their head. It's a rare thing these days. I noticed something rarer today, a bald man in the traditional sense, but he had about 15 lone survivor hairs on top of his head, each about 4 inches long just floating there curled over, the last hope.

Gen X seems to be when guys decided it looked better to go shaved bald or just really, really short than to let what survives survive and comb it all over to make it look like it is still there. Might have something to do with hairstyles being biased towards longer from the late 1960s to about 1981.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 108
December 30th, 2017 at 10:42:27 AM permalink
By shaving your entire head, you create the illusion of possibly having a full head of hair.
If there was a sadder look than the 1960s comb over, I can't picture it.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 30th, 2017 at 10:55:37 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

By shaving your entire head, you create the illusion of possibly having a full head of hair.
If there was a sadder look than the 1960s comb over, I can't picture it.

Nothing funnier than seeing the comb over fly off on a windy day, like a lid on a box flapping out.
Sometimes I think it's a sin when I feel like I'm winning, but I'm losing again.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 108
December 30th, 2017 at 12:30:06 PM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Nothing funnier than seeing the comb over fly off on a windy day, like a lid on a box flapping out.

In high school, we had a teacher we all thought was pretty cool. He was in his early thirties and prematurely balding. He had decent hair on the sides and an elaborate comb over that didn't look all that bad. Then one day he joined us in a spirited game of BBall and his comb over flapped around pathetically.
He lost a lot of respect that day. Knowing early on the fate that awaited me, I vowed I'd never wear one.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 34
December 30th, 2017 at 1:27:14 PM permalink

Just wondering...if a woman had thinning hair would it be ok for us to make fun of her comb over?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
December 30th, 2017 at 5:20:26 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Just wondering...if a woman had thinning hair would it be ok for us to make fun of her comb over?

No, but that's ok.

• Jump to: