Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 216
December 21st, 2017 at 6:02:00 PM permalink
Quote: Doc

Depends a bit as to whose wife you are trying to name. Edith Bunker was Archie's wife. "Elanor" is a misspelling of the given name of FDR's wife.

Oh, how did I not catch that as Edith was not meddling, just a bit of a dingbat.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 413
December 21st, 2017 at 6:02:56 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Quote: EvenBob

Quote: MaxPen

I loved Archie, I disagreed with little
he said. Especially about FDR. And
his big mouthed meddling wife,
Elanor.

Edith

Was referring to FDR's big mouthed
wife, Elanor. Archie didn't like her
either.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
  • Threads: 0
December 21st, 2017 at 6:37:18 PM permalink
History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~ Karl Marx

Hey, no fool like an old fool.
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 34
Thanks for this post from:
AZDuffman
December 21st, 2017 at 7:09:06 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

A 90s joke was that women liked Bill because he married the dumpy girl who did his homework.

Feminism taught women they could be like men. Then they could not find and keep husbands because men do not want to marry men, they want to marry a woman. Feminist still do not see this lesson. They just try to blur the lines. Now we have men who act feminine because they (hope this is not suspension bait!) think women want that. It backfires. Traditional women wonder where all the men have gone. Feminists get wimpy guys who let them rule the roost but they are unhappy because both are breaking biology.

I still remember what I saw leaving the Hillary rally here last year. Talk about metrosexualized guys! I doubt 1 in 10 of them could tell me the difference between a rachet and a socket.

AZ you are a damn genius! Great post!!! "Feminists get wimpy guys who let them rule the roost but they are unhappy because both are breaking biology."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 413
December 21st, 2017 at 7:38:26 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

AZ you are a damn genius! Great post!!! "Feminists get wimpy guys who let them rule the roost but they are unhappy because both are breaking biology."

Tom Leykis says he's found that the crappier
you treat a woman, the more you let her
know you're in charge, the more she'll
want you. Guys doubt him until they
try it and holy smoke, the worse they treat
them, the more they keep coming back,

Leykis says it's because attractive women
have poor self images, and the more you
feed the image they have, the more they
feel like they have to convince you they
really aren't that way.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 259
December 22nd, 2017 at 1:03:15 AM permalink
Breaking biology, breaking news, breaking bad ...

Breaking biology: women were often soldiers, particularly the US Civil War. Women fought on the frontier, held local offices well before the suffrage movement. Was biology broken then? When women voters were pushed aside at the NYC polls was biology repaired? Or did that take place when a court ruled a wife could be committed to an asylum even if not insane? What about Meryl Streep being targeted by today's feminists?

Eleanor's mouth and FDR's treason. Neither was 'the good old days'. Such days do not exist.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 216
December 22nd, 2017 at 3:32:47 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Breaking biology, breaking news, breaking bad ...

Breaking biology: women were often soldiers, particularly the US Civil War. Women fought on the frontier, held local offices well before the suffrage movement. Was biology broken then? When women voters were pushed aside at the NYC polls was biology repaired? Or did that take place when a court ruled a wife could be committed to an asylum even if not insane? What about Meryl Streep being targeted by today's feminists?

Yes, they were breaking biology. As Tom Leykis explains, we cannot go over the 1880 census woman by woman and explain what they did. Lets look at the frontier. There, women generally fell into three groups:

1. Wives (or widows, who remarried fast)
2. School marms
3. Prostitutes

Doubt me? What was the percent of male population in most frontier towns?

The point is not that women *can't* do most things. It is that the prefer not to do so. See the quote: "Feminists only want equality for the 'fun stuff.'" Even then, there are issues. The desire to get those outliers is so great that women get pushed where they should not be. John Stossel showed tape of women training to be firefighters. It was a mess. They lowered standards so they could make it.

Now, are there women firefighters? Of course! At volunteer and professional levels. Are they an outlier minority? You betcha!
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 73
December 22nd, 2017 at 4:24:43 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I'm pretty sure the Russians got the short end of the stick on that whole Cold War deal...

Where'd you hear that? Snopes? You ain't pretty sure bout nuthin.
Don't believe anything until it is officially denied.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 138
December 22nd, 2017 at 4:27:13 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

They had us hiding under our desks with
our hands over our heads at school, do you know how
terrifying that is to a little kid?

because of that TO THIS DAY I have nightmare like daydreams of an atomic blast incinerating everything around me including me and my people.
90% 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 259
December 22nd, 2017 at 4:43:47 AM permalink
Really? I laughed at the people changing the water in their bomb shelter every two weeks and I laughed when I saw those black and white duck and cover drills.
NYC even had a mandatory off the streets drill as part of the civil defense junk that was going on.

• Jump to: