Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 10th, 2011 at 10:07:41 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

if I am faced with a proposal at some point.

We've seen your photo! You've been faced with proposals!!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 114
March 10th, 2011 at 10:09:14 PM permalink

No, of course, someone can keep some things hidden. And also I believe no one person can ever really thoroughly know another person. Hell, sometimes I can't even figure my self out!!

I meant to say NOW, not NO.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 114
March 10th, 2011 at 10:11:28 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

We've seen your photo! You've been faced with proposals!!

Not sure exactly what you meant by that but sounds like you may be complimenting me. Don't know if you're serious in regards to ever actually being proposed to but I have never been engaged. I have never really been in love either as a matter of fact.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Scotty71
Scotty71
  • Threads: 19
March 10th, 2011 at 10:16:55 PM permalink
No, of course, someone can keep some things hidden. And also I believe no one person can ever really thoroughly know another person. Hell, sometimes I can't even figure my self out!!

I think you can get a good read on their moral compass over the course of a year or two. You just cant let your biological clock get you into rushing things... that happens a lot
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." E.E. Cummings
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 10th, 2011 at 10:51:00 PM permalink
People cheat for all sorts of reasons. I don't believe it's in everyone's nature to cheat, or it's anything to do with opportunity, means or social status. It's just the sort of thing that some people do. And 7 times out 10, there's a simple lack of communication... one party thinks the relationship means something else, or one party is too scared to tell another that they don't want to be "exclusive", or aren't meeting there "needs" or whatever. And the other 3 time out ten, one party is just a selfish ass who wants their cake and eat it.

Some people believe deep and spiritual love is a long term unchanging condition. Others will be in lust one day, in love the next and bored on the third day (I exagerate for effect). And people from the first group will change and people from the second group do as well.

Cheating men get married because they don't think they are going to cheat, because they want a steady woman at home, because it felt like a good idea, because they cheated before and some reason they cheated during the marriage. Probably much like the reasons cheating women get married too...

Personally, I think cheating on someone is a huge betrayal of trust, shows a deep lack of respect, and would never get a second chance. I also know that both sides better agree on what cheating actually is...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
P90
P90
  • Threads: 12
March 10th, 2011 at 11:23:36 PM permalink
The simple reason is, when you smell a wet slutty beaver in front of you, the parts of your brain that are able of processing a construct as complex as cheating go into hibernation.
Resist ANFO Boston PRISM Stormfront IRA Freedom CIA Obama
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
March 10th, 2011 at 11:23:48 PM permalink
There is also an interesting phenomenon where once a man is married the amount of women who hit on him grows. I did not believe this until I got married but soon after women I had known for years started getting flirty. I asked my closest friend (female) why and she told me that 1/2 think flirting is now "Safe" since your are married and the other 1/2 now find me desirable because I can "commit".

Lesson learned is I still have no clue about women. That must be why I have married the same person 3 times.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
clarkacal
clarkacal
  • Threads: 42
March 10th, 2011 at 11:31:10 PM permalink
Quote: P90

The simple reason is, when you smell a wet slutty beaver in front of you, the parts of your brain that are able of processing a construct as complex as cheating go into hibernation.

So true. Anyone who thinks a man can overpower his sexual instincts with reasoning has never been in the position to try. The ability to even attempt to do so decreases the closer you get to the bedroom.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 10th, 2011 at 11:48:06 PM permalink
I found some statistics for what they are worth
22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.

Most married women are aware of their husband's affairs. About half of the married men are aware of wife's affairs.

50 percent of Americans say President Clinton's adultery makes his moral standard "about the same as the average married man,'' according to a Time-CNN poll.

Only 10% of marital affairs are one night stands. The majority lasts for several months to several years.
==========================

But your question actually makes me very sad. I picture a friend of a friend. I would watch him ignore his children and go online and patrol for lonely vulnerable women to sleep with. The ability to lie right to his wife, and go out with another woman.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 11th, 2011 at 12:17:47 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Statistically speaking, only about half of marriages end in divorce. It is worth taking the chance for the right person.

"Only about half".

Sounds like baccarat. And like baccarat, it can be exciting and rewarding, or the most boring and frustrating thing on the planet. It's all in how you approach the table.

And scorecards also mean nothing in both.

If only I could prove that Asians are way more into marriage than logic calls for, this analogy would be complete =/.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.

• Jump to: