Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
March 22nd, 2011 at 11:13:47 AM permalink
It depends of course on just what values and roles are expected.

In Edwardian times the wife and husband were expected to have separate bedrooms and parties were arranged so as to have cards indicating the name of the lady in each room. A morning bell would be sounded before maids were sent to the various bedrooms so gentlemen could exit prior to the maid's arrival. Amongst all this actual activity outside the marriage there was the expectation that the wife would appear loyal and would be able to display children.

Cheating? The female seeks adventure too. And in nature the female who copulates with the adventuresome and cunning male receives good genes while Alpha and Bravo male are sorting each other out. Females want variety and a bit of spice too. Is it necessarily cheating? One partner might expect certain behavior from the other but each partner knows there is always a range of behaviors, a range of values and a range to the degree to which people live up to their values from time to time.

A man who comes home and finds an attractively clad, perfumed and freshly bathed wife is getting what he bargained for, even if her reason for taking the bath is to rinse the smell of another man off her body.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
March 23rd, 2011 at 5:53:37 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

In Edwardian times ...

In Edwardian times, Camilla's great grandmother was sneaking around with Edward. In Edwardian times they understood that the pretty girl is supposed to be the mistress.

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 23rd, 2011 at 6:26:16 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Are you a divorce lawyer or something?

Bingo!

Give that client a kewpie doll ...
"What, me worry?"
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 23rd, 2011 at 7:40:36 PM permalink
Hot Blonde's problem is that she does not understand how men think. Doubt she can solve the following. A prince has a choice of marrying 1 of 3 Princess. He ask each what honeymoon they would plan for him. 1st Princess wants to buy them $10,000 entries at the World Series of Poker. 2nd wants to bet $20,000 on black or red at Bellagio. 3rd wants to bet $20,000 as the banker in Baccarat . Which one does he marry in Las Vegas, Not a trick question. All are beautiful
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 23rd, 2011 at 7:41:56 PM permalink
... the one with the biggest breasts... very good.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
March 23rd, 2011 at 7:45:51 PM permalink
See a man answered in less than a minute. And he had both hands on the keyboard too
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
March 23rd, 2011 at 10:36:26 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I was going to suggest earlier when you asked if you were doing something wrong - how's your volume, or that is, if you're not doing things where you're meeting new people, rather than worrying about what you're doing wrong - up your volume first, if that's lacking.

I don't mean clubs or bars though.

Well, the funny thing is, I really don’t have the time to date right now. Other than work, I have some personal projects that I’m working on and I’ve been pretty busy (which is why I sometimes don’t log on here for a week or two).

It is perhaps more likely that some nice married men have been flirting with her by PM.

Hmmmmm… I’d never know!

Quote: boymimbo

Marriage is alot of work.

You know, I’ve heard that a lot. Even my friend who had her first baby, told me about her 1 year old “It’s a LOT of work.” I hear that a lot about marriage and kids. It makes me wonder if I ever really want to do either.

Quote: RobSinger

I'm not so sure she wants advice as much as she wants a good man. I kind of agree she's a she, but it would still be funny if she wasn't. Either way I'm betting she's fulfilled by New Year's.

Good Hunting, HotBlonde!

I am definitely female, as you may have been able to tell from the couple of pictures I put up in another post. I think it would be cool if everyone on here could upload a picture of themselves and have it show next to their handles. That way we all know what we all look like.

The best independence is achieved by wealth but often marriage is viewed as a way to obtain wealth.

Interesting, huh? I think if I could be rich on my own then I may not ever have any interest in finding a man. I get along quite well on my own so maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal.

Quote: MrV

Bingo!

Give that client a kewpie doll ...

What the heck is a kewpie doll???
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
pacomartin
pacomartin
March 23rd, 2011 at 11:22:40 PM permalink

What the heck is a kewpie doll???

They were invented over 100 years ago, based on a popular cartoon strip. Kewpie as in a sweet way to say Cupid. Popular gift at carnivals. Their creator died in WWII. You can safey assume that MrV is older than you.

But just as I'm starting to believe that, I start thinking how I am a woman and that that's natural for women to feel that way, to look for someone to provide for our family, and that's just the natural order of things.

Well, your certainly not a guy pretending to be a woman.

The greatest dialogue on this issue is from Gentleman Prefer Blondes with Marilyn Monroe. As a fellow Hot Blonde, you should watch the movie. A woman is accusing MM of being a gold digger. Her response is one of the greatest in movie history, and her delivery is superb.

Quote: Gentleman Prefer Blondes

Oh, shut up! Young lady, you don't fool me one bit.

MM: l'm not trying to. But l bet l could.

You might convince this jackass, but you'll never convince me.

MM: -That's too bad. l do love him.

-Certainly. For his money.

MM: No! Honestly.

You expect me to believe that you aren't marrying him for his money?

MM: -lt's true.

-Then why do you want to marry him?

MM: -l want to marry him for your money. -There! That's why we need his consent, silly.

We're getting down to brass tacks. You admit you're after money.

MM: No, l don't.

Aren't you funny?

MM: Don't you know that a rich man is like a pretty girl?
You don't marry her just because she's pretty.
But, my goodness, doesn't it help?
Would you want your daughter to marry a poor man?
You'd want her to have the most wonderful things in the world.
Why is it wrong for me to want those things?

Well, l concede that--

Say, they told me you were stupid. You don't sound stupid.

MM: l can be smart when it's important. But most men don't like it.

thecesspit
thecesspit
March 23rd, 2011 at 11:46:57 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

See a man answered in less than a minute. And he had both hands on the keyboard too

I'm not that old, but that joke is as old as Cleopatra.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
March 24th, 2011 at 5:15:13 AM permalink
>I am definitely female, ...
Just as Tarzan and Casper Milquetoast are each males, there is a range of behaviors for females based upon pre-natal testosterone levels, nutrition, social and cultural training and opportunity. We have two boxes: male and female, but those two boxes are not really as informative as we might think.
In our society, wealth often allows escape from cultural norms. The highly paid movie star leads a life quite different than the women who read the fan magazines while saddled with wet diapers. In the UK, baby farming was often a choice of a wealthy wife. She would bear her husband's child but it would be raised by a woman who was poor. Wet nurses were utilized as often a wealthy woman's breasts were viewed as a symbol of her status.
In the world of the arts, its often a story of conflict between career and kids.
Even the Negro male with a banjo on his knee (ie, desiring a career as a minstrel show performer), sings to an idealized Susanna whose buckwheat cake (symbol of loyalty taken at a wedding) is already in her mouth while he is off in a distant land seeking his fortune.
>I get along quite well on my own so maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal.
It depends really. A good many women view a husband as a Vibrator with a wallet and rudimentary conversational skills. Wealth allows a woman greater freedom to compartmentalize her life. She can bear children, but need not raise them. She can have a husband, but need not be faithful to him and can get rid of an oaf with greater ease than if she were poor. She can defer marriage and or child bearing if she is wealthy far more readily than a poorer woman.

The Irish Travelers are wealthy but still cling to traditional roles. Marriages are arranged by parents when the children are very young. Little girls are often paraded around in off-the-shoulder evening gowns made specially for them at Neiman-Marcus. On the parade they will be doing a carefully coached model-walk and engaging in feminine gestures such as placing their hands on their as yet non-existent breasts. The Irish Travelers bring up males to be big, strong and aggressive and bring up females to be cunning felines aware at an early age of how to use their bodies. Females make several grand a week as shoplifters, males work about three months a year and make several hundred grand. Yet despite all the wealth and leisure time, marriages are consummated in the early teenage years and traditional sex roles are usually followed, so wealth is not the sole determinant of how much a woman must abide by convention.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
March 24th, 2011 at 10:39:27 PM permalink

A good many women view a husband as a Vibrator with a wallet and rudimentary conversational skills.

This is so funny! I like that. Now if only I could find a boyfriend like that..............
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 25th, 2011 at 9:07:24 AM permalink

This is so funny! I like that. Now if only I could find a boyfriend like that..............

You'd ahve to settle for two out of three. Rudimentary conversation skills may be too much to ask for :P
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
March 25th, 2011 at 3:44:47 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Rudimentary conversation skills may be too much to ask for.

Perhaps that is why so many women these days are opting out of relationships. Rather than boyfriends they seem to be choosing to use men for sex.
thecesspit
thecesspit
March 25th, 2011 at 4:05:27 PM permalink

Perhaps that is why so many women these days are opting out of relationships. Rather than boyfriends they seem to be choosing to use men for sex.

I told y'all women like sex as much as men, but I was making it all up....
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 8th, 2011 at 11:34:30 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I told y'all women like sex as much as men, but I was making it all up....

I agree that women enjoy sex as much as men, at least I know I do, but I do believe that men want it a hell of a lot more than women do. I enjoy sex but I don't have to have it all the time, whereas men could do it every day of their lives and even several times a day and be perfectly happy with that.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 8th, 2011 at 12:31:08 PM permalink

I agree that women enjoy sex as much as men, at least I know I do, but I do believe that men want it a hell of a lot more than women do. I enjoy sex but I don't have to have it all the time, whereas men could do it every day of their lives and even several times a day and be perfectly happy with that.

Would depend on what kind of a bankroll I had that week and how soft the poker room was. Poker can go for hours.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 8th, 2011 at 12:34:21 PM permalink

The ability to restrain yourself from liberally bestowing your favors is what enhances their value. The male of the species usually stands out as brightly colored and calls attention to himself. The female often selects a male based on a display of his advantages: strength and courage such as winning a fight, skills such as might be displayed by singing a complex mating call proving his memory is good, displaying plumage that is free of parasites, etc. This gives an advantage to a female that takes her time to make a choice. Although some species will have females making rapid selections based upon olfactory clues it takes time, particularly for human females to make a decision. In humans, females have a heightened sense of smell just prior to ovulation and the timing allows for the detection of innate immunity benefits. Although a female mouse can choose instantly which male mouse will confer the greatest immunity on her offspring, a female human takes a rather longer time to decide which male's smell will result in offspring with the best immunity profile. It takes even longer if she is on the pill. Nature gives an advantage to females who wait and denies any advantage to males who wait.

I knew one young lady who, perhaps aided by the values expressed by her father and older brothers, simply posted a chart on which men were scheduled for certain times. She soon learned which men in the department were "oncers" and she would adjust the scheduling accordingly so that several oncers would be scheduled for a certain night rather than a more modest number of men who were more capable. One Hollywood starlet was famous for having such an arrangement. It was viewed almost as selecting according to the vibrator's battery strength and not much else. This was fairly common in Edwardian times with all those weekend parties requiring name tags on the doors and a schedule for the males. In the times of the Italian city states it was common to have parties in which females would arrange themselves in rows and a male would start at the first woman in each row and race each other to see who would arrive first at the last woman in their respective row. This allowed the female to have a sense of anticipation and allowed time for certain conversation and rest, but all parties were always aware that the race was on. Females can and do take time to make choices, but they also pay a penalty for such delays too. In earlier times, females still took time to choose but it was not usual that delays would be quite so long as they are today.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 8th, 2011 at 12:49:27 PM permalink

displaying plumage that is free of parasites

I think that is where I went wrong at first [g]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 8th, 2011 at 1:09:08 PM permalink
What function did you think a peacock's tail serves? The peahen views how free of parasites he is.
Not much different than a woman liking a man with a good complexion.
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
April 8th, 2011 at 1:21:46 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Would depend on what kind of a bankroll I had that week and how soft the poker room was. Poker can go for hours.

LOL, would just depend on how many hookers I could find.
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 8th, 2011 at 1:24:42 PM permalink
Quote: TIMSPEED

LOL, would just depend on how many hookers I could find.

Actually I had a marketing idea on that one. Girl comes to your room, business is transacted. When she is due to leave her ride knocks on your door with a cold six-pack of Miller Lite and a hot peperoni pizza. She leaves.

Is that patentable?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 9th, 2011 at 5:13:16 AM permalink

Why in the world would a man get married, and lie and make a life-long commitment to someone just to go out and cheat anyway?

Well, its socially expected to have a wife and kids. That doesn't mean its desired or desirable. Hormones and habits tend to over-ride rational decision making in some areas.
Do YOU define marriage as a life-long commitment?
Some wives consider it a life long commitment to the consumption of Bon Bons. Some wives consider it a life long commitment to alimony and child support payments. Some wives consider it a social and sexual and economic arrangement of convenience. Some husbands do too. That guy on Married With Children didn't know he would be a shoe salesman all his life. He didn't know his daughter would be an over-sexed airhead. He didn't know his son would be a bratty little wimp. The wife probably met with some disappointments too. She watches tv, does her nails, reads the tabloids and teaches her daughter how to lead men to their doom. She didn't know that buying the nail polish and buying the tabloids would be a major financial outlay for her when she married the oaf. She had dreams too.

>So why do men get married if they're just going to cheat?
>So they can make babies or have someone at home cleaning and doing their laundry? I don't get it.
As good a reason as any perhaps. Better than some certainly.
Some couples never even discuss these things prior to marriage. The women usually don't want to hear "open marriage" even if that is what they prefer to have. Many marriages are the traditional: If the wife catches the husband with another woman, she kills him; if the husband catches the wife with another man, he kills him. Many marriages involve multiple relationships often on a continuing basis. Some marriages end in murder, some in divorce, most marriages continue with some form of accommodation to differing perspectives. Men cheat because they can. Women cheat because they can. Cheat has different meanings. For some it means getting pregnant by another man or a man spending too much money and too much time with another woman. For some marriages, there is a formally established date-night in which the man and wife ditch the kids and go out for a night on the town as if they were still single and dating each other. For some marriages, "date-night" is also a formally designated romantic adventure, but its experienced with separate partners but with full knowledge of the activities. Is one marriage any more "correct" than another. An Edwardian wife had to exhibit proper wifely behavior but was not expected to limit herself to it. An Edwardian male had to attend to his wife first, but not exclusively. They were still considered to be married.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
April 9th, 2011 at 7:39:41 AM permalink

That doesn't add up for me. If men and women enjoy it equally why would men want it more? Show me who wants it more and I'll show you who enjoys it more. As I wrote earlier in the thread, I think the fact that virtually all customers of prostitutes are men says something about who wants/enjoys it more.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 9th, 2011 at 8:40:37 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

That doesn't add up for me. If men and women enjoy it equally why would men want it more? Show me who wants it more and I'll show you who enjoys it more. As I wrote earlier in the thread, I think the fact that virtually all customers of prostitutes are men says something about who wants/enjoys it more.

I don't agree with the "wants it more/enjos it more." You are saying "wants more of it" by the way I take it. But peron B may want more of it than person A simply becuse person A has other interests. For example, assume the following items give both parties eqaual enjoyment ("utils" as they say in ECON 101/102) and require an equal expenditure of effort. To keep it "Vegas" will fgo with a casino theme.

Sex (however you obtain it)
Play Poker all evening
Dinner at best place on the strip
See your favorite show
Handicap, watch, and win a bet at the sportsbook.

Assume on your five night stay your budget of money and time allows one and only one per night. How do you break them up?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 9th, 2011 at 9:13:04 AM permalink
>Assume on your five night stay your budget of money and time allows ...
Okay.
Now that you've all worked out your responses...
What if you lost at poker? Much more you lost to a female player? ... sort of alters things. And if a man lost big time to his wife at poker,,, he will have sex that night. It just won't be with his wife. He will let the wife fume in the hotel room.
What if the person allocating this time and budget is a female ... and is in town for a convention... sort of alters things. Females who have to go to a local bar to get picked up, often don't do it. Females who can go to a bar while out of town often have different choices.

Economic Utility from Economics 101??? I ain't never encountered a "marginal dollar" yet.

Consider a professional commune: a female member of the commune will still date, but not often. Her sex life and social life are separate. Many females now live a lifestyle wherein sex and dating are only loosely related. When dating progresses to marriage, attitudes don't always revert to a social-construct often referred to as monogamy. The breaking of economic bonds and social bonds leads to altered views on just what "cheating" means.

I wonder if the thread could have been entitled: Why do women who intend to cheat get married?
pacomartin
pacomartin
April 9th, 2011 at 9:25:25 AM permalink

Former NBA star Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with over 20,000 women in his lifetime.

Warren Beatty slept with 12,775 women, according to his biographer.

King Edward VII (1841-1910)—7,800 women ts estimated he slept with about three different women a week for nearly half a century. He barely topped his great uncle, King George IV.

King George IV (1762-1830)—7,000 An apparent hair fetishist, he would ask each of his lovers for a lock of hair, which he would place in an envelope to be properly categorized and labeled. After he died his brother went through his personal belongings and found 7,000 envelopes, containing enough hair to stuff a sofa.

I think that goes a little deeper than just enjoyment.
gofaster87
gofaster87
  • Threads: 3
April 9th, 2011 at 9:25:33 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 9th, 2011 at 9:29:25 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

That sounds like a lot of enjoyment to me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 9th, 2011 at 9:44:51 AM permalink

Former NBA star Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with over 20,000 women in his lifetime.

Warren Beatty slept with 12,775 women, according to his biographer.

King Edward VII (1841-1910)—7,800 women ts estimated he slept with about three different women a week for nearly half a century. He barely topped his great uncle, King George IV.

King George IV (1762-1830)—7,000 An apparent hair fetishist, he would ask each of his lovers for a lock of hair, which he would place in an envelope to be properly categorized and labeled. After he died his brother went through his personal belongings and found 7,000 envelopes, containing enough hair to stuff a sofa.

Some of those numbers are suspect. At one a day it would take 27 years to hit 10,000. Even with some 2fer or more nights there will be nights where you are sorking, sick, or would just rather hit that poker room (or whatever.) Katherine the Great is rumored to have had 10,000+ guys. Thing is when you do the math you wonder how she (or these guys) ever did anything else.

But I agree it gets to be more than enjoyent. At some point it is bragging how many you bagged. It is an obsession and addiction. To me someone bragging is boring as if it is not me hooking up I could care less to hear about it.

For those who want to see how sex addiction can destroy your life I suggest watching "Autofocus," the story of Bob Crane's rise and fall.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
April 9th, 2011 at 9:45:13 AM permalink

I agree that women enjoy sex as much as men, at least I know I do,

I think women enjoy sex a lot more than men. At least the women I've been with get a real kick of it. [g]

Think about it....if you stick your finger in your ear and move it around, which feels better afterwards? Your finger, or your ear?
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 9th, 2011 at 10:39:11 AM permalink

... Former NBA star Wilt Chamberlain claims to have slept with over 20,000 women in his lifetime. ...

When Magic Johnson first went public about being HIV positive, he was asked how he became infected. His reply was, "You have to understand the lifestyle." Apparently many NBA superstars are greeted in each city of a road trip by a gaggle of groupies wanting to share their beds. Unless one has a lot of self control, it would be easy to become infected without knowing the specific source. Wilt, presumably, increased his count via a similar lifestyle.

One of the better quips I heard on this topic was from a guy criticizing Magic's subsequent preaching about how to avoid contracting HIV. The guy said, "I don't want to hear from someone who got infected; I want to hear from Wilt as to how you have sex with 20,000 women and don't catch something!"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 9th, 2011 at 11:21:37 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

a gaggle of groupies wanting to share their beds.

That implies hordes of teeny boppers. I would think Magic Johnson's infection was from a male.

Warren Beaty? Wasn't he raised in the Bible Belt? His arrival in Hollywood must have been a real transition and it might have been easier to overdose in Hollywood than in the Bible Belt's "procreation not recreation" atmosphere.
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
April 9th, 2011 at 11:50:13 AM permalink

That implies hordes of teeny boppers. I would think Magic Johnson's infection was from a male.

I have no reason at all to believe that Magic was infected by a male (unless it's one of those rarely-if-ever-documented cases of transmission through blood transfer during sports events) -- his wife was two months pregnant in 1991 when he first tested positive, and I have never heard any plausible allegations of homosexual conduct. In 1991, he was considered by much of the public as a bit of an anomaly as an HIV victim: a heterosexual man who did not use drugs. That's why the explanation of "the NBA lifestyle" has been pretty much accepted as the source. I didn't necessarily mean to imply "teeny" boppers -- just groups of females of some age who have high interest in sexual activity with superstars and the ability to make it happen.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 9th, 2011 at 12:05:57 PM permalink

I would have to agree. A male contgracting HIV from a female is both difficult and uncommon. In the 1980s and even early 1990s activists kept trying to say AIDS was not a "gay disease" and soon heterosexuals would catch it in alarming numbers. Has yet to happen.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 9th, 2011 at 12:54:05 PM permalink

activists kept trying to say AIDS was not a "gay disease" and soon heterosexuals would catch it in alarming numbers. Has yet to happen.

Of course. They wanted to create a panic that would lead to funding. AIDS was originally named Gay Related Immune Disease and the name change from GRID to AIDS was a political act.

Non sexual transmission is possible and so is female to male transmission its just that each is unlikely.

We live in a world where diseases are politicized. Breast Cancer and that 1 in 8 nonsense is nothing but useless propaganda. Homosexuals were sensitive and well organized. So instead of quarantine we got nonsense such as "people living with aids" rather than "aids victims". We got a political campaign that funding starved scientists were only too willing to support.
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 9th, 2011 at 3:44:26 PM permalink

I would have to agree. A male contgracting HIV from a female is both difficult and uncommon. In the 1980s and even early 1990s activists kept trying to say AIDS was not a "gay disease" and soon heterosexuals would catch it in alarming numbers. Has yet to happen.

Would the large numbers of AIDS-related deaths in Africa suggest otherwise?

And just because something is unlikely doesn't mean it can't happen.... if the chance of transmission is small, (1 in 100 if I recall for female-male) but the rate of exposing to that risk is high, and there are several people taking that risk, why would it imply male/male sexual activity had to happen?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
April 9th, 2011 at 5:47:22 PM permalink

Of course. They wanted to create a panic that would lead to funding. AIDS was originally named Gay Related Immune Disease and the name change from GRID to AIDS was a political act. .

I can't think of a serious disease that anyone involved doesn't want to bring it to the forefront of research. I think it depends on the size and power of the lobbying, but I don't think it's restricted to HIV/AIDS.

There's a good reason to take "Gay" out of the title other than a political act. Two good reasons. One is to keep people less stigmatized since anyone can catch the "gay" disease, even if your chances are small, leading possibly to more people to keep it a secret and thus risk spreading it. Second, it could mislead people to think they can't get it unless they're gay.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 12th, 2011 at 12:54:17 PM permalink
I don't have much to say about this gay andAIDS talk, however...

Is one marriage any more "correct" than another.

I think this is a great question. I think it's wise for 2 people who are going to get married to discuss what kind of marriage they are going to have. I titled this original post "Why do cheating men get married?", but I guess what I was trying to get at is not the situations where a husband and wife have an open relationship, but where a man marries a woman and she is under the impression that they are entering into a lifelong monogamous commitment, and the man just decides he's gonna do what he wants and go out and fuck other women behind her back, basically living a lie. I guess the whole reason I am interested in this topic is cuz I would hate for me to be in that situation. If I were to meet someone and think strongly enough about them that I would commit myself to marry them, and then later found out he was cheating on me, I think I would be devastated and just feel completely betrayed. To have loved and trusted someone that much and then have that happen would just be crushing to me. Maybe that's how Elin Nordegren felt when she found out Tiger Woods was cheating on her. To realize that your whole marriage was just a facade and see all the walls come crumbling down.

So that's my thing, to trust someone completely and then be betrayed like that. Like when that guy in Braveheart betrayed William Wallace. So not cool.

Ok, like I enjoy sex, it's great, but I don't feel the constant urge to have it where guys do. I think it's a testosterone thing. So just cuz women don't want it as often as men do doesn't mean that they enjoy it less. I think men just want it more cuz their biology is just programmed that way, to go out and do it a lot. I think women can and do enjoy it just as much as men do. I thoroughly enjoy sex but I don't have to have it constantly. I thoroughly enjoy blackjack but I'm not flying out to Vegas every month. I thoroughly enjoy chocolate but I'm not going to pig out on boxes of chocolate every day.

Also, I do have to say from experience that an ex-boyfriend of mine said that when we were together that I would complain to him saying, "You're just using me for sex!" Although I barely remember that, I thnk that I wanted to feel he was with me cuz he loved me and not cuz he just wanted to have sex with me. And I think a lot of females are like that. Have you ever heard of the saying, "Men give love so they can have sex and women have sex so they can get love." Something like that. To me, I enjoy the act of sex but if I'm with someone and I have feelings for them, to me I enjoy the closeness and "lovemaking" part of it.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 12th, 2011 at 1:49:55 PM permalink
I don't think its so much a matter of whether you enjoy sex or intimacy or whatever... its that you seem to have a very high priority for exclusivity. Many women do. Certainly for you a marriage means exclusivity. I just noted that you seem to feel its men who cheat and that its wrong for them to do so.

Some women get married because the big 30 or 40 is approaching and they don't want to be single when it hits. Some women get married because its expected of them. Some women get married for career reasons. And many of these women have discussed fidelity and many have not. Some women have men (or other women) on the side. They still consider themselves to be married. Some women find out about hubby having something on the side and they change the locks that very afternoon. Its a matter of expectations and tolerances. Some women become fast friends with their hubby's other interests. Some don't.

Not all men expect to have a monogamous marriage. Not all women do either.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 12th, 2011 at 2:02:44 PM permalink

Not all men expect to have a monogamous marriage. Not all women do either.

Ok, but if I'm going in to a marriage where we both agree to remain monogamous then I would expect exactly that. If you're going to sit there and lie to my face then I'm going to have a big problem. Why lie to me and try to convince me that you're being loyal to me when you're not? I think it's rude and inconsiderate. Why waste my time? Go waste someone else's time.
pacomartin
pacomartin
April 12th, 2011 at 2:04:08 PM permalink

I think men just want it more cuz their biology is just programmed that way, to go out and do it a lot. I think women can and do enjoy it just as much as men do.

In 1900 in America the life expectancy at birth for a white man was age 48, and for non-white men was age 32. When the species was "programmed" the life expectancy at birth for most humans was age 18, and there was less than a million people on the planet. The dangers of being snuffed out were fairly high. Many scientists think that several species of humans were wiped out, leaving only cro-magnum and neanderthals to fight it out to the end. The neanderthals were the only alternative species to make it as far as they did.

So programming makes sense. When living a few years beyond puberty was the norm, men were in a desperate need to spread their seed, and women to survive the vulnerability of pregnancy and to try and get some of their children to adulthood.

But nature usually balances things out. Because sex innately has more consequences for a woman, the female body has the potential of getting more pleasure. The key term is potential. Men don't have an innate ability for multiple orgasms, but men can't get close and "lose" their orgasm either.
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 12th, 2011 at 2:07:43 PM permalink
18 was life expectancy at birth. Life expectancy at a later age (5?) would have been higher. 30-32 wasn't considered old by the time we got to the Roman's and Greeks., but life expectancy at birth was around those numbers.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 12th, 2011 at 2:22:36 PM permalink

Why waste my time? Go waste someone else's time.

Its not your time he is interested in. You make him jump thru a hoop, so he jumps thru the hoop.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 12th, 2011 at 2:39:09 PM permalink

Its not your time he is interested in. You make him jump thru a hoop, so he jumps thru the hoop.

What I mean is if he's going to marry me and make me think that he's being loyal and then I find out that he wasn't then I just wasted my time with someone who was dishonest when I could've been with someone who loved me and respected me enough to not do that. And I believe there are plenty of men out there who would be honest and treat me right.
pacomartin
pacomartin
April 12th, 2011 at 2:45:39 PM permalink

. And I believe there are plenty of men out there who would be honest and treat me right.

I've always thought that the vast majority of men have no interest in cheating. I mean most men enjoy looking at women, but that's all. But I think most women enjoy looking at handsome men as well.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
April 12th, 2011 at 2:52:08 PM permalink
Well, what you seem to be saying is that you view him as a con man and for some reason think that a con man should not choose you as a victim. Do you think a con man should choose a pauper as a victim?
>there are plenty of men out there who would be honest and treat me right
Maybe. Though when you meet them will you be talking about monogamy or taking your clothes off?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
April 12th, 2011 at 2:52:43 PM permalink
I'm confused. Which one of these statements is true?

I'm here to tell you you are way off my friend. You remind me of a guy friend who has said to me, "Women want sex just as much as men do!" My god, I LMFAO every time I hear that. That is the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard! If you guys think that then you really do not know women at all.

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 12th, 2011 at 3:09:47 PM permalink

I'm confused. Which one of these statements is true?

The first one I'm saying that women don't WANT sex just as much as men do (we're talking about frequency here), where the second one I'm saying that women ENJOY sex as much as men (the enjoyment of the actual act itself). Does this clarify?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
April 12th, 2011 at 3:10:29 PM permalink
So maybe my grandmother enjoys Disneyland as much as I do, but maybe I enjoy going more often than she does. Make sense?
thecesspit
thecesspit
April 12th, 2011 at 3:24:27 PM permalink

So maybe my grandmother enjoys Disneyland as much as I do, but maybe I enjoy going more often than she does. Make sense?

Neither sounds like the biggest bunch of crap I've ever heard :)

My experience is that women want to visit Disneyland on a regular basis once they've established that it is clean, safe and reliable and has the right mix of thrill rides and candy stores. Men want to visit any old theme park on a regular basis as the idea of a theme park is enticing in itself, regardless of it's safety levels. Whether they actually DO visit the theme park varies.

This is of course a big generalisation.
  • Jump to: