EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
November 16th, 2013 at 9:19:07 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I was tempted to take a picture, since they seemed to be sleeping, but thought better of it. I should have taken it, just for your benefit.



Go back out there now and use a flash, I'm sure they're still there.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
November 26th, 2013 at 4:13:58 AM permalink
Just added the Pittman Wash Trail. I welcome all comments.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
November 26th, 2013 at 7:58:38 AM permalink
Ever see any snakes on these trails? I hate them, I didn't
even like typing the word.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
November 28th, 2013 at 4:44:08 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Ever see any snakes on these trails? I hate them, I didn't
even like typing the word.



Nope. I saw one on the road once, and once heard a rattler while hiking, but never saw it.

I just added the Historic Railroad Trail. I welcome all comments.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
November 28th, 2013 at 6:25:29 PM permalink
"Let's just say the dog was black and his name is used many times in Huckleberry Finn."

Jim? The dog's name was Jim?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
November 28th, 2013 at 6:44:00 PM permalink
Once I finish with the best, I mean west, side of town I'll use that site to write up some Henderson trails.

That is a MASSIVE matter of opinion :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
November 28th, 2013 at 7:20:19 PM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

Once I finish with the best, I mean west, side of town I'll use that site to write up some Henderson trails.

That is a MASSIVE matter of opinion :)



You may be happy to know I removed that remark, since I know have six trails east of the I-15, and growing.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
  • Posts: 2019
Joined: Jul 12, 2013
November 28th, 2013 at 7:24:38 PM permalink
You may be happy to know I removed that remark, since I know have six trails east of the I-15, and growing.



I saw that, and anyway I was merely attempting some humor. There will always be a big rivalry between Summerlin and Henderson. I'm sure if we landed in Summerlin with some friends there we would still be there.
As it happened, we landed on the "other" side :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 20th, 2013 at 10:16:27 AM permalink
Quote: Tomspur

There will always be a big rivalry between Summerlin and Henderson.



To say one nice thing about Henderson, you're closer to the River Mountains Loop Trail, which I just wrote a guide to. This 34-mile trail is the best yet, by far, and something that should be more widely known about.

Please have a look and I welcome all comments. Especially the question of that "B."
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
December 20th, 2013 at 12:10:59 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

To say one nice thing about Henderson, you're closer to the River Mountains Loop Trail, which I just wrote a guide to



Thanks for removing the skeletons of the riders
still clinging to the handlebars of their bikes
alongside the trail, before you took the pics.
Looks more touristy without them..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 20th, 2013 at 12:51:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Thanks for removing the skeletons of the riders
still clinging to the handlebars of their bikes
alongside the trail, before you took the pics.



Thank DJTeddyBear. He is a wonder with PhotoShop.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 1:40:59 PM permalink
Here's a small one I don't see mentioned yet ... Hualapai Canyon Trail:

http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Publications/21783.htm

It's located east of Hualapai, north of Alta. Below I've marked it in pink on your map of the area:



It's a 0.8-mile loop. This is the welcome sign:



The surface seems harsh for running, and the length is inadequate for bicycling, but it might be good for a tricycle.

All the benches are molded with bum blockers:



You could consider that mean-spirited, but I'm ok with it because it's funny.

Here's the wide view looking east from Hualapai, with the trail to the left:



The Suncoast is in the background to the right. The photo is poor-quality from my cell phone, but if you look carefully, you may see a video poker player exiting the casino after being trespassed. (It was a multiplier day.)
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
December 31st, 2013 at 2:00:46 PM permalink
Quote: gpac1377



All the benches are molded with bum blockers:




Any bum worth his salt would put a stack
of newspapers on either side of the divider and
he would have a flat surface. With a blanket,
he'd have a place to sleep off the ground.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 31st, 2013 at 2:04:58 PM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

Here's a small one I don't see mentioned yet ... Hualapai Canyon Trail



Thanks! That one is very close to my house too. I previously didn't consider it long enough to fuss with, but I have others about this short, so will check it out shortly.

Stay tuned for some trail videos.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 2:15:00 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Any bum worth his salt would put a stack
of newspapers on either side of the divider and
he would have a flat surface.


Good point. Maybe they should have opted for something more definitive, like sharpened spikes.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 31st, 2013 at 2:19:05 PM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

The Suncoast is in the background to the right. The photo is poor-quality from my cell phone, but if you look carefully, you may see a video poker player exiting the casino after being trespassed. (It was a multiplier day.)



He probably got the 8x multiplier, instead of the usual 7x, and played 9-6 bonus poker deluxe. That is exactly what I'm going to do if I get 8x or higher today.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 2:21:43 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

He probably got the 8x multiplier, instead of the usual 7x, and played 9-6 bonus poker deluxe. That is exactly what I'm going to do if I get 8x or higher today.


If they let you record video from the interrogation room, that would be fun to see :)
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 2:21:50 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Stay tuned for some trail videos.


Awesome! When I moved to Summerlin, I posted some of my cellphone videos for friends and family. A few of them threatened to sue me for motion sickness.

(I thought the shakiness added authenticity.)
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 2299
Joined: Jul 13, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 3:05:37 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: gpac1377



All the benches are molded with bum blockers:




Any bum worth his salt would put a stack
of newspapers on either side of the divider and
he would have a flat surface. With a blanket,
he'd have a place to sleep off the ground.



This comes from my tramping around days. If you are going to sleep on concrete you need a piece of cardboard. The heat from your body sucks the moisture up out of the concrete.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 4:18:13 PM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

This comes from my tramping around days. If you are going to sleep on concrete you need a piece of cardboard. The heat from your body sucks the moisture up out of the concrete.


And I assume the cardboard would also provide a cushion. I like a firm sleep surface, but bare concrete is too much of a good thing.

I'm glad you didn't take offense at my remarks, but if we ever meet, you're welcome to beat the crap out of me. It's not difficult.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 31st, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM permalink
I got myself a GoPro camera for Christmas and have started to make some boring videos of the Vegas bike trails. Here is my first one -- the Angel Park Trail.

It plays at 2x the normal speed. Sorry the sun is directly ahead much of the time.

I wanted to add the Benny Hill theme, also known as Yakety Sax, but couldn't find a free copy that didn't require downloading some mystery piece of software. If anyone more technically savvy than me can get that audio file, please PM me.

If anyone is wondering, that casino at the end is the Suncoast. The golf course is Angel Park, where I've played with SOOPOO and teddys.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
December 31st, 2013 at 5:59:45 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I got myself a GoPro camera for Christmas and have started to make some boring videos of the Vegas bike trails. Here is my first one -- the Angel Park Trail.
.



You sure you weren't on the face of the moon? This
thread has cemented for me that I'll never move to Vegas.
It's a desert wasteland.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 31st, 2013 at 8:11:31 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

This thread has cemented for me that I'll never move to Vegas. It's a desert wasteland.



Hey! What do you have against desert wastelands?

Here is my next video, the Bonanza Trail.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
December 31st, 2013 at 10:19:31 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard



Here is my next video, the Bonanza Trail.



The best parts are where we can see your shadow
on the roadway. These are like videos you show
to political prisoners of where they'll be sent to
live if they don't cooperate. It always works, they
spill everything they know. Just don't send us there!
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
December 31st, 2013 at 10:54:56 PM permalink
My next video is the Pueblo Park Trail. I figured out how to add audio for this one. It keeps getting better and better!
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
December 31st, 2013 at 11:18:53 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I got myself a GoPro camera for Christmas and have started to make some boring videos of the Vegas bike trails. Here is my first one -- the Angel Park Trail.

It plays at 2x the normal speed. Sorry the sun is directly ahead much of the time.

I wanted to add the Benny Hill theme, also known as Yakety Sax, but couldn't find a free copy that didn't require downloading some mystery piece of software. If anyone more technically savvy than me can get that audio file, please PM me.

If anyone is wondering, that casino at the end is the Suncoast. The golf course is Angel Park, where I've played with SOOPOO and teddys.



Benny Hill Theme

It's converted from You Tube so may not be top quality but at least there's no hidden viruses.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 1st, 2014 at 6:12:41 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Benny Hill Theme

It's converted from You Tube so may not be top quality but at least there's no hidden viruses.



Thanks! However, since I made my request I bought a copy for 99 cents at Amazon. I tried yours and it said the download was no longer available.

In other news, the Lone Mountain Trail video is now available.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
January 1st, 2014 at 7:08:18 AM permalink
Oh cool. I wonder if there is a time limit for those. Interesting to know, first time I ever used Filedropper. Yeah I was going to tell you about the Amazon one but you said you wanted free. I was going to say you could click through your own link and make yourself money, well hope you did anyways.

I actually red through all of these yesterday. Was a fun read. Have you ever had any issues going through those long tunnels or underpasses? Figure people up to no good could ambush bikers there.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 1st, 2014 at 7:27:08 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

I actually red through all of these yesterday. Was a fun read. Have you ever had any issues going through those long tunnels or underpasses? Figure people up to no good could ambush bikers there.



Thanks for reading them. I've put a fair bit of time into all these trail reports so it is nice to know at least one person appreciates it.

No, I've never had any trouble in the tunnels. Sometimes there will be a group of teenagers hanging out in them, especially in summer, but I've yet to be bothered. Sometimes they even say "hello." In the western tunnel on the Bonanza Trail sometimes there is a guy playing the harmonica. The most disturbing thing I've seen is on the Pueblo Park trail there used to be an old fat guy who would sit on a bench all day and bake in the sun. He was extremely over-tanned and wore only a shiny black thong-looking thing that European men think is a bathing suit. Fortunately, I haven't seen him for a while. I still can't get the image of him out of my head.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
January 1st, 2014 at 12:39:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard



In other news, the Lone Mountain Trail video is now available.



How do you get to these trails, put the bike
in the car? That means you have to ride back
to the car.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 1st, 2014 at 3:12:55 PM permalink
The video for the Sleeping Bum, I mean Hualapai Canyon Trail is up. Thanks, gpac1377, for letting me know about it.

This was such a short trail that I didn't need to speed it up. Enjoy.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
January 1st, 2014 at 3:31:02 PM permalink
For me, these would be better if you had a headset
with a mic plugged into the camera and said something
once in awhile. Also, if you stopped a couple times and
panned the camera around and talked a little, they
would be a lot more interesting. As it is, all we're getting
is a single POV, the cam pointing straight ahead and
no voiceover.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
January 1st, 2014 at 3:34:39 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The video for the Sleeping Bum, I mean Hualapai Canyon Trail is up. Thanks, gpac1377, for letting me know about it.

This was such a short trail that I didn't need to speed it up. Enjoy.


Loved it! I thought it was awesome, although I've been told that I'm easily entertained.

I'm not sure I understood the issue about the music, but you can obtain an MP3 download of the audio from almost any YouTube video. Just google "convert youtube to mp3," and there are a bunch of sites that will convert for you and give you a download link. Some songs will be disallowed due to copyright issues.

There's also the problem of YouTube taking offense because you posted a video containing copyrighted material. I would think it should be ok as long as you avoid the latest hits, but I'm always wrong.

Or you could take EvenBob's suggestion and talk your way through the videos. That would be sick!
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 1st, 2014 at 3:48:32 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

For me, these would be better if you had a headset
with a mic plugged into the camera and said something
once in awhile. Also, if you stopped a couple times and
panned the camera around and talked a little, they
would be a lot more interesting. As it is, all we're getting
is a single POV, the cam pointing straight ahead and
no voiceover.



The commentary would be pretty boring. "I just passed another bench. And there is a tree. How about that cactus? Here comes an old woman walking a dog."

Quote: gpac1377

Loved it! I thought it was awesome,



Thanks! You should hang around EvenBob more often.

Quote:

I'm not sure I understood the issue about the music, but you can obtain an MP3 download of the audio from almost any YouTube video.



I was having trouble adding music yesterday. I found out it was because I didn't have some particular software, which I downloaded, and then adding music was pretty easy. Hopefully nobody will come after me for using copyrighted music in the background. I plan to at least pay for the music I use, as I did with the first two pieces I've used.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
January 1st, 2014 at 4:00:38 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The commentary would be pretty boring. "I just passed another bench. And there is a tree. How about that cactus? Here comes an old woman walking a dog."



If that's you said, sure. You could say more interesting
things, but you run it 2X, so you'd sound like a chipmunk.
I do like when we can see your shadow, it adds something
personal to it. Like I said, I watch them to remind myself
of how butt ugly Vegas is. I'm very tempted to move there,
but I really think I'd be miserable.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 2nd, 2014 at 6:49:56 AM permalink
The latest video is up for the Trails Park Trail. This is the closest one to my house, about a quarter mile away. I've jogged it hundreds of times.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
January 2nd, 2014 at 6:59:44 AM permalink
One thing I wondered while watching these is say you get a flat or you hit a rock and the bike gets messed up. Do some of these more well known trails have people that cruise by to help or are you pretty much on your own? I remember there was the one trail that is like 34 miles and the stops had no water. Just seems like a long walk if something occurs.
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
January 2nd, 2014 at 7:07:19 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The latest video is up for the Trails Park Trail. This is the closest one to my house, about a quarter mile away. I've jogged it hundreds of times.


I remember the first time I walked that trail (only the early portion). I was very impressed by the landscaping/maintenance -- not a rock out of place. But it looks like the quality diminishes as you proceed west (which seems odd).

Off-topic, but I have two problems with the neighborhood: (1) the Vons grocery store has no self-checkouts, and (2) the roads have roundabouts, which honestly, confuse me. And it worries me that I may not be the only mentally deficient driver.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 2nd, 2014 at 7:44:08 AM permalink
Quote: Perdition

One thing I wondered while watching these is say you get a flat or you hit a rock and the bike gets messed up. Do some of these more well known trails have people that cruise by to help or are you pretty much on your own? I remember there was the one trail that is like 34 miles and the stops had no water. Just seems like a long walk if something occurs.



You're pretty much on your own. On my road bike, I carry a flat tire kit, which has come in handy many times. Most long distance bikers also carry them. As a backup, you can also call a friend to pick you up. If you don't have a phone, hopefully a good Samaritan will let you borrow his/hers.

Quote: gpac1377

I remember the first time I walked that trail (only the early portion). I was very impressed by the landscaping/maintenance -- not a rock out of place. But it looks like the quality diminishes as you proceed west (which seems odd).



The quality of the entire trail seems good and consistent to me.

Quote:

Off-topic, but I have two problems with the neighborhood: (1) the Vons grocery store has no self-checkouts, and (2) the roads have roundabouts, which honestly, confuse me. And it worries me that I may not be the only mentally deficient driver.



Summerlin has more traffic circles than any other American city I've ever seen, with the possible exception of Washington DC (Dupont Circle is the best!). At first I was uncomfortable with them and was unsure of the etiquette. However, you eventually get used to them and annoyed at the other drivers who don't know when to get in and out. I can't quote any studies, but I think they would show they save time compared to traffic lights.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
January 2nd, 2014 at 7:58:11 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The quality of the entire trail seems good and consistent to me.


It looked like the surface narrowed toward the finish, and I thought I detected a leaf out of place around the 5-minute mark.

Quote:

I can't quote any studies, but I think they would show they save time compared to traffic lights.


I would think so. I haven't actually bumped into anything yet, but I get lost and exit the merry-go-round at the wrong place.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
January 2nd, 2014 at 11:31:16 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

The latest video is up for the Trails Park Trail. This is the closest one to my house, about a quarter mile away. I've jogged it hundreds of times.



Best trail you've shown. Lots of trees and green grass
and landscaping. Lots of live humans, no dead bodies
kicked into the sagebrush like the other trails you
showed. You might survive in July on this trail if you
break down, unlike the other ones.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 5th, 2014 at 5:51:30 AM permalink
I haven't shared the Rampart Trail video yet. This is a nice short trail near the Rampart casino. If anyone died on this trail the body might not be found for days as I never see anybody using it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
January 5th, 2014 at 5:56:25 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I haven't shared the Rampart Trail video yet. This is a nice short trail near the Rampart casino. If anyone died on this trail the body might not be found for days as I never see anybody using it.



Short? I've seen driveways longer than this.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 8th, 2014 at 2:48:10 PM permalink
I just added a trail description of the Hualapai Canyon Trail. Enjoy.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
January 8th, 2014 at 2:57:35 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I just added a trail description of the Hualapai Canyon Trail. Enjoy.



Do you think the animal tracks were made as part of the design or some animals just walked across wet cement during the night?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28862
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
January 8th, 2014 at 3:21:31 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I just added a trail description of the Hualapai Canyon Trail. Enjoy.



I'm hooked on the videos now, sorry.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
January 8th, 2014 at 4:35:56 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

Do you think the animal tracks were made as part of the design or some animals just walked across wet cement during the night?


It's mentioned on the welcome sign. The tracks are (intentional) distance markers, occurring at intervals of 0.1 miles along the 0.8-mile loop.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
  • Posts: 610
Joined: Sep 3, 2013
January 8th, 2014 at 4:37:22 PM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

It's mentioned on the welcome sign. The tracks are (intentional) distance markers, occurring at intervals of 0.1 miles along the 0.8-mile loop.



Goes to show my observation skills, I must have been mesmerized by all the pretty sand. Thanks for the heads up.
gpac1377
gpac1377
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 676
Joined: Apr 7, 2013
January 8th, 2014 at 4:51:04 PM permalink
About the bench dividers ... here's an article from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/metro-s-bench-dividers-at-bus-shelters-seen-by-some/article_fa966d07-8aac-5678-a08a-ab3c4f12a451.html

The St. Louis metro area transit authority is retrofitting its bus stop benches with dividers.

"Keeping homeless from sleeping on the benches 'is not a primary reason, but obviously it's a factor,' said Metro spokeswoman Patti Beck."

That's diplomatic, I guess.
"Scientists tell us that the fastest animal on earth, with a top speed of 120 feet per second, is a cow that has been dropped out of a helicopter."
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1496
  • Posts: 26619
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
January 10th, 2014 at 7:50:05 AM permalink
I don't want to violate my own rules and post the same thing twice, but regarding putting music on the videos, please see this post about how my Mission Challenge video got blocked in Germany over this.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
  • Jump to: