Thread Rating:

DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2280
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
March 9th, 2016 at 11:46:34 AM permalink
Quote: RS

This has to be the weirded forum I've ever been on. So if an admin changes a rule in the ACP, like changes how long you have to edit, it only applies to posts made then on, but not before?

Well then, just learned something new. After seeing this, I went back and checked some random posts of mine that are over a year old. And found that I do have the option to edit them. But not posts I made recently, such as an error I made a few days ago on a calendar list of upcoming Derby preps (which I already knew). This is not a gripe, or not very much of one; I can't imagine why I or anyone else would ever care about any of my musty old posts. Just idle pointless curiosity here.

Though it is satisfying to now have the means to "discover" that I was actually exactly right about every Derby and Breeders' Cup race and baseball wager made since the day I signed on. I'm a lot richer now. Please consider providing a mobile app that does the same thing for editing my history on other games in the casino, thanks in advance.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 9th, 2016 at 11:58:16 AM permalink
Quote: RS

This has to be the weirded forum I've ever been on. So if an admin changes a rule in the ACP, like changes how long you have to edit, it only applies to posts made then on, but not before?



I can't make a general statement about any of this. I wasn't told about the editing change, I don't know what the break point is for editing old posts, nor what the time frame is for edits before a member can't change anything. Don't have an understanding about why the change was made, nor do I know the different access levels of different admins and members. :)

Sgt. Shultz
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 9th, 2016 at 12:00:18 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Mhmmm. Keep thinkin' that.



Why wouldn't I. Try to edit a post you
made Monday.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 9th, 2016 at 12:36:53 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Why wouldn't I. Try to edit a post you
made Monday.



Quote: RS

This has to be the weirded forum I've ever been on. So if an admin changes a rule in the ACP, like changes how long you have to edit, it only applies to posts made then on, but not before?

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
March 9th, 2016 at 2:00:02 PM permalink
I thought the rule was that you have x minutes to edit a post that was initially created after a particular date. Posts initially made before that are grandfathered and may be edited at any time. This was mainly to allow Doc to edit the first post to the Chip of the Day thread.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
  • Posts: 4300
Joined: Jan 5, 2012
March 10th, 2016 at 8:23:06 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I thought the rule was that you have x minutes to edit a post that was initially created after a particular date. Posts initially made before that are grandfathered and may be edited at any time. This was mainly to allow Doc to edit the first post to the Chip of the Day thread.


This rule is in effect on lots of other forums and I think it's good. Prevents people from going back and making themselves look better or outright change what they said weeks later.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 7287
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
March 10th, 2016 at 9:22:01 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This was mainly to allow Doc to edit the first post to the Chip of the Day thread.

In the spirit of openness, I should acknowledge that I was even granted what appears to be slightly more editing authority than has been mentioned, though I don't know the mechanics of how it is done.

At one point, it was suggested that there could be special situations where an original poster should be allowed to keep updating the initial post of a thread. Examples: the Casino Chip of the Day thread index; threads planning a gathering (with the initial post maintaining an attendees list); something like the suspension list and discussion, etc.

I then pointed out that some time ago we had needed to expand the CCotD thread index to two posts because of limitations on the number of characters in a single post. That meant I would need to be able to edit the first two posts of the thread to keep it up to date. (Still have no idea how we're going to handle the situation when the index must expand to three posts!) It was then suggested that maybe I should have some sort of moderator-like editing authority, but that sounded a bit like a loaded weapon that I didn't want in my possession.

Eventually, someone came up with a way that allows me to edit any of my own posts, but just in the CCotD thread. I had pointed out that even the ability to edit both posts of the index would not allow me to point to all of the chip images that someone might be looking for.

An example of that situation may be seen here, where in April 2014, Miplet posted a 50¢ chip from the Angel of the Winds casino in Arlington, Washington. Then, on 3/1/16, Konbu posted a $1 chip from that same casino, not as representing a new casino but just a new chip from a casino already included in the index.

Someone who looked at the index and found Miplet's chip, would have no easy way of finding Konbu's. The best I could do in this case was to edit my post just three entries below Miplet's to add a comment that points folks to Konbu's chip. Note that while I included in my revised post a note about when I made the change, the fact and date that I edited it was automatically added as a footer to my post, so nothing could be "hidden" about such a change.

I acknowledge that I have used this extra permission on editing to correct errors that I have found in my old posts, and I really wish I had that ability to correct goofs in all of my posts -- not to try to hide something (not even my fallibility) but to make certain that I do what I can to relate things accurately, even if I do not notice the errors until later.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1067
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
March 10th, 2016 at 4:26:56 PM permalink
I don't understand the difficulty people have in controlling their own words, especially after being suspended multiple times.

Unless it gets edited, there is going to be another long suspension soon.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1067
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
March 10th, 2016 at 7:34:33 PM permalink
I had a thought. It might help to keep threads from being derailed by only announcing the suspensions here, rather that in the thread with the offense.

I think it is too easy and maybe too tempting to respond to a suspension announcement right there in the thread with the offense and the announcement. If the announcement is here, with or without a link to the offending post, then I think it more likely that any responses would also end up here.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 11th, 2016 at 4:44:06 AM permalink
I ten *to 5o 5both. 5 5eybor 5i 5reing 5out 5thi 5m 5or 5i 5wou 5to 5o 5BOTH. 5HE*P? 5 5RGGGHHHH...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11125
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
March 11th, 2016 at 4:49:00 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I ten *to 5o 5both. 5 5eybor 5i 5reing 5out 5thi 5m 5or 5i 5wou 5to 5o 5BOTH. 5HE*P? 5 5RGGGHHHH...



Did you have a stroke?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 11th, 2016 at 4:52:11 AM permalink
PHONE 5H 5NO 5EIT 5OR 5POT 5BUTTON, 5UT 5ORMTTING. 5 5O 5CNT 5EIT 5BOVE.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 5607
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
March 11th, 2016 at 7:00:58 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

PHONE 5H 5NO 5EIT 5OR 5POT 5BUTTON, 5UT 5ORMTTING. 5 5O 5CNT 5EIT 5BOVE.

You really like the number 5, huh?

#555555555555555555
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
wudged
wudged
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 998
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
March 11th, 2016 at 10:15:54 AM permalink
phone has no edit or post button, but formatting so cant edit above (i think)
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 11th, 2016 at 10:48:05 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I ten *to 5o 5both. 5 5eybor 5i 5reing 5out 5thi 5m 5or 5i 5wou 5to 5o 5BOTH. 5HE*P? 5 5RGGGHHHH...



Looks like someone's had a few too many...don't worry, I remember my first beer.
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2280
Joined: Jun 13, 2014
March 11th, 2016 at 11:34:44 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I ten *to 5o 5both. 5 5eybor 5i 5reing 5out 5thi 5m 5or 5i 5wou 5to 5o 5BOTH. 5HE*P? 5 5RGGGHHHH...

She's been held hostage by AxelWolf. Obviously.
Suck dope, watch TV, make up stuff, be somebody on the internet.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 11th, 2016 at 12:36:15 PM permalink
So. 2009 computer has crashed for the last time. 2013 computer has had a partial keyboard failure as demonstrated above. . My attempt to fix it has been in vain; scan is clear of viruses, driver is up to date, taking it apart indicated no physical point of failure. . Tablet is refusing to load wov. Phone (earlier) refused to load the post . review. Cancel buttons when I tried to edit my mess.

Now down to phone, seems to be loading.

I think I liked the Axel's holding me hostage idea better.

If any computer gurus can tell me why the asdfjkl8, and ( don't work and the rest do, I'd appreciate it.

Would also request a split so the thread's not hijacked. I don't have anything capable of doing it myself at the moment . Thanks!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 5607
Joined: Jul 22, 2014
March 11th, 2016 at 12:47:47 PM permalink
Quote: RS

...don't worry, I remember my first beer.

Yeah, I had to put a nipple on it for you.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: May 22, 2013
March 11th, 2016 at 1:20:10 PM permalink
Testing....one....two....
Can you hear me now?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 11th, 2016 at 1:40:48 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Testing....one....two....
Can you hear me now?



Welcome back!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
Joined: May 22, 2013
March 11th, 2016 at 2:10:28 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Welcome back!

Thx, they forgot about me, again. Just one day this time, two days last time. I got three days on deposit now, prolly not insured by the FDIC..;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 90
  • Posts: 6365
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
March 11th, 2016 at 3:41:41 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

So. 2009 computer has crashed for the last time. 2013 computer has had a partial keyboard failure as demonstrated above. . My attempt to fix it has been in vain; scan is clear of viruses, driver is up to date, taking it apart indicated no physical point of failure. . Tablet is refusing to load wov. Phone (earlier) refused to load the post . review. Cancel buttons when I tried to edit my mess.

Now down to phone, seems to be loading.

I think I liked the Axel's holding me hostage idea better.

If any computer gurus can tell me why the asdfjkl8, and ( don't work and the rest do, I'd appreciate it.

Would also request a split so the thread's not hijacked. I don't have anything capable of doing it myself at the moment . Thanks!


Ive had laptops that after several years don't act right
I bite the bullet, restore to original factory settings and it works great again
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Artemis
Artemis
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 441
Joined: Nov 20, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 9:51:25 AM permalink
Why was Mr. Inprecois nuked? I've learned somethings from 3 of his 15 links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MrqyVrQWck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4yPAKOinwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCtciQ3my7g
I only watched above 3 videos, but then all the links were redacted out thereafter.

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/craps/24843-charting-a-table/28/#post519059
I'm OK with Corps which pick and choose clienteles. Both insurance companies and casinos have the right to pick and choose customers. They may keep profitable ones and kicked out the rest. But, I'm not OK with a casino supervisor who says counting cards... is like stealing food from a buffet (a foodlifting offense), or video-taping a movie in a cinema (a piracy offense).
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 101
  • Posts: 14268
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 14th, 2016 at 11:15:12 AM permalink
Dupe ID of a previous troll. Sorry; he may have started with value this time. That happens.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 6599
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 12:30:53 PM permalink
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/off-topic/15693-2016-election/140/#post519311

Can we get a nuking on aisle 6, please?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
March 14th, 2016 at 6:58:26 PM permalink
It is with my much regret that I have to nuke kewlj. Normally we don't consider what goes on at other forums in our suspensions here. However, he has been spreading private and untrue information on other forums based on events here.

Aside from the feud with QFIT, kewlj was a very valuable member here. I would highly recommend to him that he let his feud go as nothing good can come of it. The sad thing is that this feud has been so overheated that nobody seems to remember what their point of departure really is, if there even is one.

I would like to remind everybody else that passing on messages from banned members is prohibited. In particular, I will not stand for anybody linking to or quoting Kewlj's posts on other forums.

Goodbye kewlj. Thank you for your many valuable contributions to the forum. I wish you well.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
March 14th, 2016 at 7:17:23 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

It is with my much regret that I have to nuke kewlj. Normally we don't consider what goes on at other forums in our suspensions here. However, he has been spreading private and untrue information on other forums based on events here.

Aside from the feud with QFIT, kewlj was a very valuable member here. I would highly recommend to him that he let his feud go as nothing good can come of it. The sad thing is that this feud has been so overheated that nobody seems to remember what their point of departure really is, if there even is one.

I would like to remind everybody else that passing on messages from banned members is prohibited. In particular, I will not stand for anybody linking to or quoting Kewlj's posts on other forums.

Goodbye kewlj. Thank you for your many valuable contributions to the forum. I wish you well.



Damn, I have no reason to question you, but we are losing a valuable member here. I think you said it best. We will miss him. I think we all know he will do just fine with or without this forum, just like you. The difference is he can make money in casinos day after day based on his skills. How many of us can say the same thing?? All of us are less knowledgeable without him here.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
March 14th, 2016 at 7:40:20 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Damn, I have no reason to question you, but we are losing a valuable member here. I think you said it best. We will miss him. I think we all know he will do just fine with or without this forum, just like you. The difference is he can make money in casinos day after day based on his skills. How many of us can say the same thing?? All of us are less knowledgeable without him here.



I agree 100%.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 14th, 2016 at 7:59:32 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

It is with my much regret that I have to nuke kewlj. Normally we don't consider what goes on at other forums in our suspensions here. However, he has been spreading private and untrue information on other forums based on events here.

Aside from the feud with QFIT, kewlj was a very valuable member here. I would highly recommend to him that he let his feud go as nothing good can come of it. The sad thing is that this feud has been so overheated that nobody seems to remember what their point of departure really is, if there even is one.

I would like to remind everybody else that passing on messages from banned members is prohibited. In particular, I will not stand for anybody linking to or quoting Kewlj's posts on other forums.

Goodbye kewlj. Thank you for your many valuable contributions to the forum. I wish you well.



So Norm did NOT send you 19 PM's about KJ? I think we all know where you stand on how to go about making suspensions (ie: You don't suspend without a complaint).
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 8:07:43 PM permalink
We lost more in this than we gained. Too bad.

Feuds have two sides; otherwise, it would just be trolling.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 8:10:15 PM permalink
Private messages should be just that...private unless they are threats or something that that is scamming, con like or blatant spam.

KJ said he wasn't coming back anyways so I don't think a nuke makes any difference.

I really don't understand what the big deal is or was I can only guess is... it turned into an Ego thing.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 8:22:01 PM permalink
Quote: RS

So Norm did NOT send you 19 PM's about KJ? I think we all know where you stand on how to go about making suspensions (ie: You don't suspend without a complaint).

If they made an agreement they should should honor it. Norm should be Nuked as well. I seriously doubt he cares, and that's the sad part. He may give out lots of free stuff. I have a feeling that all leads to a profit maybe not directly but probably indirectly. Lots of sites give out free content but that leads to profits.

Personally I wouldn't have nuked him just suspended until further notice. And perhaps something could have been solved.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
March 14th, 2016 at 8:25:36 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I think we all know where you stand on how to go about making suspensions (ie: You don't suspend without a complaint).



I suspend without complaints lots of times. Probably the majority of times.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1497
  • Posts: 26671
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
March 14th, 2016 at 8:28:22 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Personally I wouldn't have nuked him just suspended until further notice. And perhaps something could have been solved.



Well, when you run a forum you can do so however you wish.

However, around here I take spreading private information and lies very seriously, even on other forums. It is definitely nuke-worthy. This is not one I was on the fence about.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 8:29:19 PM permalink
Can't wait to read the comments from the peanut gallery somewhere else when they read this.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 8:36:28 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Can't wait to read the comments from the peanut gallery somewhere else when they read this.

Oh god I just found out they have an entire forum dedicated to trashing WOV and it's members(Ok not an entier forum.. just 3 people and most of the sites posts) with a play by play what's going on here. How sad is that?

I guess you know you have made it when people spend each day of their lives trashing you.

PS. The 3 people are probably all the same person.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 8:38:48 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Oh god I just found out they have an entire forum dedicated to trashing WOV and it's members(Ok not an entier forum.. just 3 people and most of the sites posts) with a play by play what's going on here. How sad is that?

I guess you know you have made it when people spend each day of their lives trashing you.

PS. The 3 people are probably all the same person.


It's best to just read it, laugh at them and keep quiet.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 8:46:48 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Well, when you run a forum you can do so however you wish.

However, around here I take spreading private information and lies very seriously, even on other forums. It is definitely nuke-worthy. This is not one I was on the fence about.

I didn't realize what he was saying was that serious.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 8:57:17 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

It's best to just read it, laugh at them and keep quiet.

Who's owns that site? Originally I was sent an invite thing as a founding member.

I disregarded it and forgot about it.

The other day I took a look and I seen there's some well known respect gamblers who are now members. Some I know in RL. I'm certain they can't possibly like what's being said about Mike and others here.

Perhaps most of them don't use that site and they signed up prior to all of that BS. But I know Franky N and Dan paymar often contribute. I'm surprised they would support a site that allows that kind of BS.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
  • Posts: 11933
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 9:28:09 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Who's owns that site? Originally I was sent an invite thing as a founding member.

I disregarded it and forgot about it.

The other day I took a look and I seen there's some well known respect gamblers who are now members. Some I know in RL. I'm certain they can't possibly like what's being said about Mike and others here.

Perhaps most of them don't use that site and they signed up prior to all of that BS. But I know Franky N and Dan paymar often contribute. I'm surprised they would support a site that allows that kind of BS.


That site is dead except for maybe the stock market stuff, the stolen roulette nonsense, and of course, the whiners.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
  • Posts: 8158
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 10:08:36 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I take spreading private information and lies very seriously, even on other forums. It is definitely nuke-worthy.



I seem to recall a mod here chimed in to the effect that people on this board were not likely to be sanctioned for the content of posts they made on other boards.

IIRC I had asked whether someone posting on another board something negative about this board or a member of this board would be subject to suspension.
"What, me worry?"
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 14th, 2016 at 11:04:51 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I seem to recall a mod here chimed in to the effect that people on this board were not likely to be sanctioned for the content of posts they made on other boards.

IIRC I had asked whether someone posting on another board something negative about this board or a member of this board would be subject to suspension.

Mission also told people not to tell people they have been blocked and to just block them. Unfortunately Mike didn't agree to that.

I thought it was a good idea. Saying you're blocked is just a drama queen childish move.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 14th, 2016 at 11:30:49 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

Saying you're blocked is just a drama queen childish move.



I haven't blocked you yet. However, you'll
be the first to know if I ever do..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22296
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 15th, 2016 at 1:12:32 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I haven't blocked you yet. However, you'll
be the first to know if I ever do..

I rest my case.

I haven't blocked anyone, I haven't had to. I can just ignore them if need be.

There's has been a few people that post lots of gibberish I have considered blocking them, but instead I just try to skip over their posts'
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28986
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 15th, 2016 at 1:15:49 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I haven't blocked anyone, I haven't had to. I can just ignore them if need be.



So you don't know the giddy pleasure of
blocking. Ask any of the scores who have
me blocked. They'll tell you it's wonderful
and fulfilling..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8626
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
March 15th, 2016 at 2:12:52 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I suspend without complaints lots of times. Probably the majority of times.



You're implying you did not receive a complaint [from Norm] regarding KJ's posts on ZZF....but I highly doubt you're on that site just browsing around and/or posting. Plus, I don't think there are any privacy issues saying I PM'd someone, someone PM'd me, or someone PM'd someone.

Is there actually a rule about "what you can or can't say on other forums [regarding WOV]"? And I certainly haven't seen any posts from KJ that would require a 'nuclear option' to be invoked.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 6281
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
March 15th, 2016 at 2:22:02 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I rest my case.

I haven't blocked anyone, I haven't had to. I can just ignore them if need be.

There's has been a few people that post lots of gibberish I have considered blocking them, but instead I just try to skip over their posts'



I'm like you here. Never blocked, but have occasionally thought about it.

Sucks to hear about KewlJ. I would be a lot more disappointed if he kept planning to actively post. Worst loss in a long while.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
March 15th, 2016 at 2:25:44 AM permalink
It's a shame KewlJ is gone, whatever the circumstances. If we ranked people in terms of value to the Forum, I just went up one slot, as well as 90% of the people here, I'll put it that way.

I'd wish him luck, but his skills far surpass any need for luck.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
March 15th, 2016 at 4:13:23 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

It's a shame KewlJ is gone, whatever the circumstances. If we ranked people in terms of value to the Forum, I just went up one slot, as well as 90% of the people here, I'll put it that way.

I'd wish him luck, but his skills far surpass any need for luck.



I have read some of the stuff on other forums and it seems as I stated earlier--that it takes two to feud. I'm not sure the exact nature of the "personal information" that caused the nuke to be imposed, but there was a lot of really negative stuff said from the other side. One side of the feud would not exist without the other. I would hope at the very least that the Wizard would consider any insults here by the other party as unacceptable also. KewlJ is not here to defend himself and usually that means say whatever you want about him. Since this is a feud spreading across a variety of forums, I don't think allowing the opportunity for the other party to come here and insult him freely is a good idea.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
  • Posts: 3493
Joined: Jul 3, 2015
March 15th, 2016 at 6:06:09 AM permalink
I know wizard has autonomy but I'm upset by this..... It seems like overstepping the bounds of free speech , so what happens if I meet up with a member in real like and we bash content in this forum- can I be banned? I'm not sure how you can be kicked off for things said in other forums, but again obviously it's his call I just don't think it's right, I don't know all the facts but seems like norm and wizard have some sort of strong friendship or long history, just my two cents
No longer hiring, donít ask because I wonít hire you either
  • Jump to: