Thread Rating:

Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
March 13th, 2016 at 8:49:22 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

I don't want, need, or give a flying crap about your respect. As far as wanting a respect handout, I've never asked for a handout. I am not going to start now.

Have a nice day!!

You are going to ruin his and other leftist elites day by refusing their generous offering of a handout. You need it and trust me, they know better than you do what you need.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
March 13th, 2016 at 8:54:20 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Quote: MichaelBluejay

Here's what you said, precisely:

That was in direct response to the quote from Boz in which he said:

But why does my opinion even matter because according to Michael BlueJay, [sic] I'm an idiot who cannot spell 3 letter words, not worthy of debate.

So, in your own words, you equate a third-grade education with being part of an "educational elite". You apparently think we live in the Middle Ages.

As for the rest of your argument, when you engage in ridiculous hyperbole like the above, you don't deserve a response. Respect is earned. Or maybe you want a respect handout.

No, we EARN things on our side. The left has a lock on the handouts, that's why they win elections and will probably win this one. You can't win a majority when your message is hard work and sacrifice, but it nice to hear and know some still believe in it.

As for you Mr Bluejay, I would love to know more about what you did to become so much better than the average person. Again, were you just born special and others were just not so "lucky", or did you make the choices that you know others just can't or won't make? It has to be a heartwarming story for others to hear. Please tell a less educated person like me, what can we all learn from the Michael Bluejay story? The world needs uplifting tales in these dark days.

My story is also here for others to hear, but it's just not as exciting. Nobody wants to hear about so guy who can't spell so good (well??) and still turned out alright. Kind of makes it seem regular people can do well without the help of elites by making good choices and working hard. But that doesn't fit you storyline and doesn't make you seem so special then, does it?

Boz you could not be more on point with your first paragraph- very very well said and 100 percent spot on-
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Boz
Boz
March 13th, 2016 at 9:01:03 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's all about the math, now. Rubio takes FL, Kasich takes OH, both winner-take-all, and the mountain gets that much steeper for Trump , nearly impossible, to go into the convention with enough delegates to win a first ballot. He won't win another one if he doesn't already have the delegates.

Are you accepting bets on Rubio winning Florida? I'll give you the hometown boy, what odds do you want?
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 13th, 2016 at 9:16:59 PM permalink

As for you Mr Bluejay, I would love to know more about what you did...Please tell a less educated person like me, what can we all learn from the Michael Bluejay story?

I'm sure you would, but like I said, no handouts. Respect is earned. You want me to engage, you have to make me believe you're not an extremist who lacks the capacity for reasoned discourse. You think the left cares only about handouts and disdains hard work? Really? Pass.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 13th, 2016 at 9:57:57 PM permalink
Mb- can I ask who you are in favor of in the election?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 13th, 2016 at 11:00:32 PM permalink
Lets put politics aside for a minute. America
is screwed in this election. Trump, Clinton,
or Cruz? Really? That's the best we can do?

Trump was put in a military school when
he was 13 because of his temper. He was
constantly getting into fights in the private
school he went to and his dad made the
decision. Trump has always had a bad temper,
his reaction is to overreact in every situation
and tear out the other guys throat. We see
it every day. Oh sure, he's generous as hell,
a good father, a good employer. But do
we really want a hothead as president? He
acts like he's a former Mafia don, not a real
estate mogul.

Hillary. What can you say. She's a serial liar,
an unconvicted criminal, nobody likes her even
in her personal circle because she's an
unhinged shrew. Secret Service agents
have written books on how vile she is.
Leadership? She's leads by screaming
at everybody and placing blame elsewhere.

Cruz? His fellow senators hate his guts. They
despise him more than they despise Trump.
He's the ultra conservative Pentecostal Bible
thumping hypocrite. If he's elected nobody
will work with him, nothing will get done,
he'll be worse than Obama for gridlock.
Cruz has no idea how to work with others.

And one of these fine examples of humanity
is going to be president. God help us all.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Mar 14, 2016
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 13th, 2016 at 11:28:58 PM permalink
EB speaks the truth
Boz
Boz
March 14th, 2016 at 4:38:48 AM permalink

I'm sure you would, but like I said, no handouts. Respect is earned. You want me to engage, you have to make me believe you're not an extremist who lacks the capacity for reasoned discourse. You think the left cares only about handouts and disdains hard work? Really? Pass.

OK, I'm going to try and say this while trying not to violate any forum rules on here about insults. Let's see how it goes.

No handouts, I did the work as always and visited your website. I know now all I need to about you assuming it is not some publicity seeking piece of fiction. Using the word extremist about anyone may be the funniest thing ever. If just a few of the titles I saw are for real, Bernie Sanders would be called mainstream compared to you.

You will not fly because it creates global warming? Hell I want to charter a plane today to go to dinner by the shore just because hard work and lack of an education has allowed me the extra cash to do it.

I left the light on in my office last night in your honor after reading a title because I can afford the bill. Sunday night is recycling night in my town, but I took a few things that I was going to take to the curb and threw them in the trash, thinking of your website.

All of these are things I see as great about America, I can do what I want and so can you. You care about the future you leave in regards to the environment and such. I care about the debt we are leaving and the general condition of America in what kind of a country are we going to have. One that works hard and leads the world by example or one that brings people up to feel they are victims and have been cheated their entire life?

So in the end I'm going to move on, I may chuckle when I see some things you write and I may be angry, but there is nothing to discuss between you and I. You see me as someone not worthy of a debate based on your perception of me based on my spelling and education efforts and I see you not worthy because of extremist opinions that do nothing to help anyone and are hard to be taken seriously by 99% of the population.

I hope you have a good day and life, and hope you feel the same for me. Because in the end we are all here together, like it or not.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
March 14th, 2016 at 7:10:17 AM permalink

...there is nothing to discuss between you and I.

He says after repeatedly trying to engage me.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
Boz
Boz
March 14th, 2016 at 7:25:37 AM permalink

He says after repeatedly trying to engage me.

As I said, wasn't looking for the liberal handout, did the research, got a good laugh and moving on. If someone actually had the views you posted, there would be nothing to discuss. That just isn't stuff you see or hear everyday in the real world. Although I have to give you credit for putting a lot of time into all the nonsense you have posted. It had to be hard work and I have to believe you are not serious about it, but if you found a way to make money off it, HUGE credit to you.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 14th, 2016 at 7:56:09 AM permalink
What are the odds that Little Marco will still be in the race come Wednesday? The polls show Trump winning Florida, and Marco may even come in 3rd behind Cruz. That would be devastating for him.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
March 14th, 2016 at 7:57:49 AM permalink
After reading the spelling posts, I’m willing to concede most liberals can spell “personal responsibility”, but they have no clue what it means.

Indeed, they're too busy lusting over my wealth.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 14th, 2016 at 8:33:10 AM permalink

Obama has to accept some of the blame with his attitude from day 1 when he told the GOP in his first meeting "Elections have consequences". He made it clear they would accept his plans or get out of the way.

And the GOP lied to their base by promising things they were not willing to do. For me, the failure to keep the government closed locked my wallet from donating to any of them again.

Without Trump, I would have stayed home this year, which I know only helps Hillary, but the candidate they would have put out there would not have been much different in the end.

But why does my opinion even matter because according to Michael BlueJay, I'm an idiot who cannot spell 3 letter words, not worthy of debate.

In case you didn't realize it (I'm pretty sure you don't care), I think the 3-letter word to which he was referring was 'its.' You had used the possessive instead of the contraction or vice-versa; I don't recall. It's is a pet peeve of mine too.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
March 14th, 2016 at 8:36:04 AM permalink
I am so tempted to go see the whole Trump circus this afternoon
He's got a rally about a 20 min drive away this afternoon here in Tampa
Really leaning towards going
Its a slow day at work today and have plenty of sick time.
Just ordered a ticket and it got sent to me via email.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 14th, 2016 at 8:38:04 AM permalink
Marco will definitely be in the race Wednesday morning, he might make it to Thursday morning.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Boz
Boz
March 14th, 2016 at 8:43:04 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

In case you didn't realize it (I'm pretty sure you don't care), I think the 3-letter word to which he was referring was 'its.' You had used the possessive instead of the contraction or vice-versa; I don't recall. It's is a pet peeve of mine too.

Thanks for pointing it out, I do appreciate it. And larger Thanks for not being a dick about it and questioning my intelligence. Life is so much easier and simpler when people are civil instead of thinking they are better than others.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
March 14th, 2016 at 8:43:09 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I am so tempted to go see the whole Trump circus this afternoon
He's got a rally about a 20 min drive away this afternoon here in Tampa
Really leaning towards going
Its a slow day at work today and have plenty of sick time.
Just ordered a ticket and it got sent to me via email.

Pay attention, you might learn something.
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2016 at 8:49:04 AM permalink

Thanks for pointing it out, I do appreciate it. And larger Thanks for not being a dick about it and questioning my intelligence.

Careful....

Can we move on from this boring grammar debate? Who cares if someone forgets an apostrophe... we all make simple mistakes sometimes. It's pointless to devote pages of this thread to pointing them out.
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 8:49:58 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Pay attention, you might learn something.

Just pulled the trigger
Seeing Trump the Trump circus this afternoon :-)
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2016 at 8:55:10 AM permalink

Just pulled the trigger

I look forward to hearing your report.
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 14th, 2016 at 8:56:30 AM permalink

Just pulled the trigger

Are you gonna try to start some trouble? Should I tune into the news to watch you being hauled off in cuffs or sucker-punched by one of the people actually there to hear what he has to say?
Jdawg
Jdawg
  • Threads: 0
March 14th, 2016 at 9:05:52 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Just got off the phone with my mom. My parents live in Ohio. I asked who she's going to vote for on Tuesday. The conversation went something like this:

Me: Who are you going to vote for?
Her (sounding displeased): I don't know....
Me: don't vote for Trump
Her: did I say I was going to vote for him?
Me: you should vote for your governor...
Her: yeah, that is probably the best choice that we have left. If it comes down to Trump and Hillary in November, I'm probably going to stay home. I know that's awful, but this is ridiculous....

I've heard so many people say they are going to not vote in November if it comes down to them. It's crazy.

HAHA first little man said Trump had no chance. said Trump didn't want to be pres. said Trump was only doing it to help his business.

now little man is franticly calling everyone he knows in Ohio and begging them not to vote Trump. HAHAHAHA

next he'll try to forget that he said this
Quote: ams

No one on the left fears him. He is not a viable candidate. He will never be President. You can take that to the bank.

Especially when literally every liberal on these boards laughs at your incorrect assertions that we are afraid of Trump. Seriously, when has any liberal on here said they are afraid of Trump??

I think he now know what a dumb assertion that was!
HowMany
HowMany
  • Threads: 13
March 14th, 2016 at 9:21:31 AM permalink

Just pulled the trigger

Enjoy yourself, man. Look forward to reading your report.
Are you planning to storm the stage?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 14th, 2016 at 9:25:10 AM permalink
Quote: HowMany

Enjoy yourself, man. Look forward to reading your report.
Are you planning to storm the stage?

You mean to be one of those great people who try to disrupt the rally and get hit by those lousy people who are mad because some idiot tried to disrupt the rally? It seems is if the media thinks only the guy who doesn't want the rally disrupted is bad...

I don't see that happening with our on scene reporter--he is just going to observe and, hopefully, report...
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 14th, 2016 at 9:47:36 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It's all about the math, now. Rubio takes FL, Kasich takes OH, both winner-take-all, and the mountain gets that much steeper for Trump , nearly impossible, to go into the convention with enough delegates to win a first ballot. He won't win another one if he doesn't already have the delegates.

LOL at Rubio winning Florida. Trump is leading all the polls I can find by between 6 and 24 percentage points. And most of them are 15 points or more.

Obviously they still have to count the votes. But anything other than Trump victory would be surprising.
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2016 at 9:51:38 AM permalink
Quote: Jdawg

HAHA first little man said Trump had no chance. said Trump didn't want to be pres. said Trump was only doing it to help his business.

now little man is franticly calling everyone he knows in Ohio and begging them not to vote Trump. HAHAHAHA

Oh my goodness....

JohnCena, is that you brotha?
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
March 14th, 2016 at 9:52:47 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

Isn't that the median? I wonder if there is a big discrepancy between the average intelligence in the US and the median intelligence and if that has changed over time. Sounds like a research project for some University PhD with time on his/her hands.

"Average" can refer to either the mean or the median. Most people assume that if the word "average" is used, it is referring to the arithmetic mean. But in statistics terminology, both mean and median are types of averages (as is mode, the most frequent data point).
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2016 at 10:14:39 AM permalink
Quote: Jdawg

I'm waiting for Jdawg's name to go red before I fully respond to this.... ;)
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 14th, 2016 at 12:41:57 PM permalink
That's hysterical
RonC
RonC
March 14th, 2016 at 1:29:18 PM permalink
Little Marco is visiting a place called That Little Restaurant in Melbourne, Florida today.

My sources tell me there is no traffic jam. The restaurant is packed if it has 50 people; it is a good place for breakfast.

Not so much for Little Marco, apparently.

Dude should have never talked about "little hands"...
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2016 at 1:30:45 PM permalink

Little Marco is visiting a place called That Little Restaurant in Melbourne, Florida today.

My sources tell me there is no traffic jam. The restaurant is packed if it has 50 people; it is a good place for breakfast.

Not so much for Little Marco, apparently.

Dude should have never talked about "little hands"...

I think it's funny how well "Little Marco" has caught on. That is going to haunt him for the rest of his political career...
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 14th, 2016 at 1:39:06 PM permalink
He's not very tall without his 4" heel
cowboy boots he always wears. Trump
still towers over him. The boots are
built up inside also. Rubio gets really
mad if you mention them. He claims
all Cuban men wear them.

terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 2:24:39 PM permalink
Trump rally report
Scheduled start 2pm
Got to the Tampa convention center at about 1230p
Got in a real long line
After after about 30 min was only about 40 people away from entering
They shut the doors :-(
Full house
Sucks
I would estimate about 500 still in line when they shut the doors
Should have held the event in the much larger arena accross the street
About 75 protestors
A lot of political arguing betweeen protesters and Trump supporters unable to get in
Everybody was pretty civil and pretty much agreed to disagree
Very large police and sheriffs presence
I took a lot of videos of the whole crazy scene outside with the protesters and Trump supportes
Protesters had pinata with Trumps picture
Some of the Trump supporters got upset regarding the pinata being whacked with a bat
Trump suportes yelling violence wrong, protesters yelling is just a pinata
I will post pictures and videos later, chilling at a nearby bar having dinner
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 14th, 2016 at 2:29:30 PM permalink
'When the left stops Trump from speaking, Trump wins. He gets to tell his people that the forces of far-left activism and political correctness are trying to silence him.'

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/14/new-poll-left-wing-protesters-drive-peop
RonC
RonC
March 14th, 2016 at 2:35:29 PM permalink
Go ahead...charge him...if it is not a felony or something that bars him from office, it will get him elected:

"The agency now says Trump himself could also face charges for “inciting a riot.”

"We are continuing to look at the totality of these circumstances, including any additional charges against Mr. McGraw, including the potential of whether there was conduct on the part of Mr. Trump or the Trump campaign which rose to the level of inciting a riot, and including the actions or inactions of our deputies," according to a statement from the Sheriff's Office."

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/article/Donald-Trump-could-face-charges-for-allegedly-6889240.php

Make his day!!

I don't like the guy, but negatives are often positives for him...
ams288
ams288
March 14th, 2016 at 3:08:05 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

'When the left stops Trump from speaking, Trump wins. He gets to tell his people that the forces of far-left activism and political correctness are trying to silence him.'

http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/14/new-poll-left-wing-protesters-drive-peop

They're blowing that poll out of proportion.

11% are less likely to vote for him, 22% are more likely to vote for him. 66% remain unchanged.

The vast majority of people have already made up their minds on Trump (and they hate his guts).

About 35-40% of the Republican primary electorate loves him. What proportion of the general electorate is that? Not enough to get to the magical 538...
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
March 14th, 2016 at 3:08:44 PM permalink
Terapined, in your estimate were over or under 50% of the people at the trump rally redneck white trash with approximately 50% of their teeth remaining?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 14th, 2016 at 3:10:26 PM permalink

I don't like the guy, but negatives are often positives for him...

Well, at this point that's either what you accept from Trump or like if you like him.

For us, that don't care how many circus ring acts he produces we aren't going to be signing on either way, for the next one or the next thousand.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Gabes22
Gabes22
March 14th, 2016 at 3:36:38 PM permalink
I get the appeal of Trump. Part of me has always wanted a businessman in politics. I always wanted someone to clean up government and make it more efficient. Every government office I have ever entered is a monument of inefficiency. Take the DMV for instance Do you need

1) A person to check your paperwork when you enter
2) A separate person to hand you a number
3) A separate person to check it again and make sure it's legit
4) A separate person to take your photo
5) A separate person to hand you your ID
6) A separate person to handle the financial transaction.

Personally I think if we were really serious about cutting government waste, we could probably slash spending in government by 40% and not notice a dip in services. Now, I haven't paid close enough attention to whether that is what Trump will do or something similar, but it is my hope, and in my opinion his business acumen provides the best opportunity to make that hope a reality, that said, Trump is not my guy, but he could probably earn my vote in November, if and when my guy drops out.

He also, if you like him, pisses the correct people off

He is a master at manipulating the media. As a conservative, I have waited my entire life for a conservative who stood up to the liberal media (if you don't feel the media is liberal based, I am not interested in debating it, just illustrating why people who like him do and that is the impression many of his followers have of the media) rather than just letting them bully him. My number 1 criticism of Bush, was acting as if getting into the day to day minutia of the Presidency by answering critics was beneath the office caused him to lose his message and vision with the American people

I personally think both sides have some good ideas, and both have some awful ones. I see the need for social programs, but at the same time, I don't measure the success of them by how many people are taking advantage of them, but rather by how many people no longer need them. I have been in many poor areas of towns, done volunteer work and have concluded that while these programs help these struggling families week to week and month to month on the surface, they provide them a baseline that is sufficient enough to not seriously seek to improve their lot in life. Please don't interpret that as if I am saying there aren't success stories from people coming out of social programs, there certainly are, but they are more the exception than the rule. With that line of thinking that he is liberal on some things, conservative on others also gives the impression he isn't tied down to any one single party, despite the fact he is running as a Republican. I think many Trump voters are tired of voting for the lesser of two evils,

There is more, but I think that is a basis of why people who like Trump, like him
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 4:09:32 PM permalink
Outside the Trump rally this afternoon protesters beating up the Trump Pinata.
video taped by yours truly

terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 4:43:51 PM permalink
Just the general atmosphere outside the Trump Rally
You see many civil discussions between Trump supporters and protesters
Yea I Took this. Yea its shaky. its raw
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1494
March 14th, 2016 at 4:54:13 PM permalink

Outside the Trump rally this afternoon protesters beating up the Trump Pinata.
video taped by yours truly

What came out of it?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 4:55:51 PM permalink
Candy of course
Last edited by: terapined on Mar 14, 2016
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 14th, 2016 at 4:58:55 PM permalink

Candy of course

Did you get any?
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 5:02:11 PM permalink
Yes I did
I'm looking at a piece I saved as a souvenir
dum-dums original pops
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 5:13:40 PM permalink
Link to pictures I took
http://terapined.imgur.com/all/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 14th, 2016 at 5:16:43 PM permalink

Yes I did
I'm looking at a piece I saved as a souvenir
dum-dums original pops

Dum-dums?! Somebody has a good sense of humor.

Link to pictures I took
http://terapined.imgur.com/all/

It said "terapined's images are not publicly available." Sharing is caring.
terapined
terapined
March 14th, 2016 at 5:27:42 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Dum-dums?! Somebody has a good sense of humor.

It said "terapined's images are not publicly available." Sharing is caring.

Should be public now
Just pictures of the huge police presence and some protesters with their signs
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 14th, 2016 at 5:37:05 PM permalink

Just the general atmosphere outside the Trump Rally
You see many civil discussions between Trump supporters and protesters
Yea I Took this. Yea its shaky. its raw

Makes me realize why I never go to
events like this. I'd have to pretend
I find anybody there interesting,
including Trump.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
March 14th, 2016 at 6:02:51 PM permalink
I get the feeling most of those people who are protesting don't even have a clue about life. Watching the interview with that guy that rushed the stage on cnn made me want to vomit- how was he even given bail and a normal rate
  • Jump to: