Thread Rating:

Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 232
June 27th, 2019 at 8:28:01 PM permalink
Thanks for answering my questions today on air. I enjoyed Heather’s “rant”.

I found your “Limitless” answer a surprise. I don’ t recall how it worked out for Bradley Cooper’s character in the end.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1248
June 28th, 2019 at 5:17:14 AM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Thanks for answering my questions today on air. I enjoyed Heather’s “rant”.

I found your “Limitless” answer a surprise. I don’ t recall how it worked out for Bradley Cooper’s character in the end.

You're welcome! Happy to take more. Contrary to what I said yesterday, the next LiveStream will be July 18.

What would your jeanie's wish have been? I would take the "limitless" ability without the side effects. And it did work out for him anyway, as he used to take the pill in the right dosage.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
June 28th, 2019 at 6:49:06 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

...What would your jeanie's wish have been?...

In the confines of the rules, I would think there aren’t many things ten trillion dollars can’t buy...
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 28th, 2019 at 7:37:58 AM permalink

In the confines of the rules, I would think there aren’t many things ten trillion dollars can’t buy...

I was just thinking that being made of liquid metal, like in Terminator 2 and 3, would be cool. I'd be a vigilante fighting crime.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 498
June 28th, 2019 at 8:11:21 AM permalink

I enjoyed Heather’s “rant”.

what time point was that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2o-lU-_oBY

and what was it about?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 293
June 28th, 2019 at 11:18:02 AM permalink
my comments on the latest:

*Mike evidently missed the discussion about dna testing at DT or would have mentioned it

*how is it possible that ashkenazi is spelled ashke-nazi? 

*you can't tell me Heather doesn't have a thing for the Wizard

*I am all for shooting zombies, but is wanting to kill them a healthy thing? I have always been bothered by that. 

*I was surprised Michael had duck and cover nuclear war drills as a kid, I thought those got dropped everywhere by the time he came along

*I think my question, offered ahead of time in this thread, was a victim of TLDR-itis
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
June 28th, 2019 at 4:40:16 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

*Mike evidently missed the discussion about dna testing at DT or would have mentioned it

Thanks for reminding me. I just posted my results there: http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/2520/4/#post121449.

Quote:

*how is it possible that ashkenazi is spelled ashke-nazi? 

*snort*

Quote:

*I was surprised Michael had duck and cover nuclear war drills as a kid, I thought those got dropped everywhere by the time he came along

I recall having them at Weaver elementary school through 6th grade, which would have been 1976. We didn't have very many, especially compared to earthquake drills. I also recall in high school having one, and that was the early 80's.

I lived close to the Seal Beach Naval Weapons Base, not to mention Los Angeles, so figured I would be one of the fortunate ones to be killed immediately in the event of a full blown nuclear war.

Quote:

*I think my question, offered ahead of time in this thread, was a victim of TLDR-itis

Save it for next time.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
July 11th, 2019 at 11:47:32 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

You're welcome! Happy to take more. Contrary to what I said yesterday, the next LiveStream will be July 18...

In anticipation of next week's Live Stream having an "Ask Me Anything" segment:

- Eldorado's recently announced merger with Caesars will probably result in layoffs. If there's a strike, would you cross the picket line for a really juicy promo?

- Two players, call them Heather and Mike, are playing a game. They each put in $5 and decide that the winner of the pool will be decided by a best of 5 coin toss. Heather takes heads and Mike takes tails. After three flips, Mike is ahead 2-1 when an earthquake hits, interrupting the game. Due to post-quake conditions, the game can't continue. Mike proposes that he be declared the winner since he was ahead when the game was interrupted, but naturally, Heather objects. Mike counters with an offer of a 2-1 split. Should Heather accept the offer? If not, what is a fair offer?

- If I'm playing craps, and an earthquake hits just as the dice are settling on a winning point, changing it to a losing seven, will I still get paid?
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
July 18th, 2019 at 8:42:32 AM permalink
Thanks for the questions, Aye. Today is the next live stream and I'm seeking some more. Sorry for the short notice.
bahdbwoy
bahdbwoy
  • Threads: 14
Thanks for this post from:
IndyJeffrey
July 18th, 2019 at 10:09:48 AM permalink
when is the next nugget challenge... or fries, pizza, ice cream, ect

• Jump to: