Thread Rating:

Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 882
June 13th, 2019 at 7:28:52 PM permalink
If you don't like players just dropping dice onto a game board, you might consider getting a dice tower...



There are many styles...







It's about as fair as real world dice rolling gets.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1248
  • Posts: 20591
Thanks for this post from:
IndyJeffrey
June 14th, 2019 at 4:17:28 AM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

If you don't like players just dropping dice onto a game board, you might consider getting a dice tower...



Thanks! Good suggestions. I should get my son one, he is always rolling dice off the table.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 498
  • Posts: 2835
June 14th, 2019 at 2:42:19 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks! Good suggestions. I should get my son one, he is always rolling dice off the table.

yell at him like he's the shooter and you're the craps stick man :)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1248
  • Posts: 20591
Thanks for this post from:
MrCasinoGamesAyecarumbaIndyJeffreyZuga
June 14th, 2019 at 5:47:13 PM permalink
Since I think a lot of people watch the replays, but few show up in the chat room, I'm going to take questions in advance. Feel free to leave them to me here. Questions for Heather on dealing stuff is fine too.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 293
  • Posts: 8132
June 15th, 2019 at 4:38:07 AM permalink
Recently there was a thread about a "Risk Free 1st Sports Bet" in which the OP wanted to know how to best handle an offer to "Download the Borgata Sports app ... and if your bet loses, get a refund up to $250 in cash back"

You may have ignored this thread as it got hijacked in several directions

However, it was interesting to me that he got a lot of conflicting advice, and I would say the advice was largely *not* coming from the usual assortment that includes the dubious. Instead most posters were clearly smart people, yet the advice conflicted pretty badly. I think this is partly legitimate dissension in that there is a genuine conflict. Best advice seems to be playing it so that you have low chances of a big hit and high chances of merely getting your money back. This vis a vis deploying a scheme where you play it with no chance of hitting big but have a better chance of getting at least some value out of it. When you merely get your money back going for the big hit it feels a lot like failure [not to mention you have to deal with getting your money back, often made difficult ]

I feel that generally we have not heard much from you on this over the years and wouldn't mind hearing more - I think the most you have said about it at WoO has been in connection with promotional chips.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1248
  • Posts: 20591
June 15th, 2019 at 4:57:43 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Recently there was a thread about a "Risk Free 1st Sports Bet" in which the OP wanted to know how to best handle an offer to "Download the Borgata Sports app ... and if your bet loses, get a refund up to $250 in cash back".



I would bet a big long shot on the money line. Another idea, if they allow it, would be a long parlay ticket.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
kuroshivo
kuroshivo
Joined: Jun 8, 2019
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 8
June 15th, 2019 at 6:20:58 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Since I think a lot of people watch the replays, but few show up in the chat room, I'm going to take questions in advance. Feel free to leave them to me here. Questions for Heather on dealing stuff is fine too.



Dear Wizard, would you comment on Edward Thorp and Claude Shannon's attempt on preducting roulette outcomes with the allegedly first wearable computer in the early sixties? I assume that they had a sound solid mathematic theory, didn't they? Can that be done?

Regards from Argentina (I will be in Vegas next week though :-) )
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 293
  • Posts: 8132
June 15th, 2019 at 6:28:53 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I would bet a big long shot on the money line. Another idea, if they allow it, would be a long parlay ticket.

thank you, but how about going into detail as to 'why' on your next u-tube AMA [or ask-the-W]. I feel like it is hard to convince many reasonable people this is the way to go.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Gialmere
Gialmere
Joined: Nov 26, 2018
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 882
June 15th, 2019 at 11:18:46 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Recently there was a thread about a "Risk Free 1st Sports Bet" in which the OP wanted to know how to best handle an offer to "Download the Borgata Sports app ... and if your bet loses, get a refund up to $250 in cash back".


Quote: Wizard

I would bet a big long shot on the money line. Another idea, if they allow it, would be a long parlay ticket.



I'd like to see an entire show on sports betting. Now that it's legal and quickly spreading, most people will have easier access to it than casino games and many of them will be considering such wagers for the first time in their lives. Subjects could range from simple office pool plays to Grand Salami betting. It's a BIG topic though. In fact, since each sport has some unique wagers, you might consider having a "sports corner" segment on the show where you can examine one are two types of bets at a time and discuss the math for them.

Adding a few 5-10 minute segments (not necessarily on sports) would also give the show some structure. The "ask me anything" format (which could still be the lion's share of the show) moves chaotically all over the map.
Have you tried 22 tonight? I said 22.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1248
  • Posts: 20591
June 15th, 2019 at 12:30:45 PM permalink
Quote: Gialmere

I'd like to see an entire show on sports betting. Now that it's legal and quickly spreading, most people will have easier access to it than casino games and many of them will be considering such wagers for the first time in their lives. Subjects could range from simple office pool plays to Grand Salami betting. It's a BIG topic though. In fact, since each sport has some unique wagers, you might consider having a "sports corner" segment on the show where you can examine one are two types of bets at a time and discuss the math for them.

Adding a few 5-10 minute segments (not necessarily on sports) would also give the show some structure. The "ask me anything" format (which could still be the lion's share of the show) moves chaotically all over the map.



Thanks for the suggestions.

With such a small audience, it's hard to have a specific topic. People ask questions on other topics, and we're kind of forced to take them, for lack of on-topic questions.

I am thinking of bringing to the show topics I want to address, like my parking ticket the last time, so I'm not entirely audience dependent. At this point, I'm still feeling out what works.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.

  • Jump to: