Thread Rating:

Nareed
Nareed
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
September 19th, 2014 at 1:27:06 PM permalink
I hope there's a backup of the forum data somewhere...

On other things, who set the DeLorean for 1999?
You can visit my blog Kathy's Cooking Corner at kathyscookingcorner.blogspot.mx ... .... When someone offers you friendship with one hand and stabs you in the back with the other, you tend to notice the knife a little bit more.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 9686
September 19th, 2014 at 1:28:53 PM permalink
Am I alone here?

I don't get where all the paranoia is coming from.

I mean, just how much personal intimation will the new owners have access to? Our email address? Big deal. It's not like any of us don't get contacted by a Nigerian princess on a regular basis...
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 6614
September 19th, 2014 at 1:32:27 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Am I alone here?

I don't get where all the paranoia is coming from.

I mean, just how much personal intimation will the new owners have access to? Our email address? Big deal. It's not like any of us don't get contacted by a Nigerian princess on a regular basis...



Right? and, really, what are the odds that the new owners of this site are NOT among the internet casinos who are already spamming my Gmail account as a result of Caesars or MGM or Penn Gaming or Resorts or...selling my info?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
wudged
wudged
Joined: Aug 7, 2013
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 997
September 19th, 2014 at 1:33:45 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Am I alone here?

I don't get where all the paranoia is coming from.

I mean, just how much personal intimation will the new owners have access to? Our email address? Big deal. It's not like any of us don't get contacted by a Nigerian princess on a regular basis...



They will have access to any information that may have been shared in private messages - names, phone numbers, plays
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 5017
September 19th, 2014 at 1:38:27 PM permalink
I'm not worried but have no reason to worry. It's almost like an episode of Three's Company right now with all the people jumping to conclusions. Something written on the internet is always taken with a grain of salt and therefore unreliable. Loveman would just say I do not recall and neither do I.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 81
  • Posts: 3645
September 19th, 2014 at 1:40:05 PM permalink
I've always wanted to order a bunch of stuff at nobu without looking at the menu...... I'm just saying :)

Congrats mike. Always great to hear the honest guy with some integrity win. Remember the talk we had about integrity don't pay.... Well I was wrong.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
aceofspades
aceofspades
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
  • Threads: 330
  • Posts: 5531
September 19th, 2014 at 1:42:21 PM permalink
It is true that images taken by people and posted are still copy written to the original photographer
"Just because you're winning don't mean you're the lucky one" -- Breakdown Guns 'n Roses
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 9351
September 19th, 2014 at 1:58:02 PM permalink
Mike has published a blog about the sale in the last few minutes:

New Owner
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 70
  • Posts: 6270
September 19th, 2014 at 2:08:50 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

It is true that images taken by people and posted are still copy written to the original photographer



yes that is true. Say you are on vacation and you ask a friendly tourist to take a picture of you with your camera. In the backround something remarkable happens like a UFO. You have the picture on your camera but the tourist actually owns the rights to it.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 134
  • Posts: 5017
September 19th, 2014 at 2:11:48 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

yes that is true. Say you are on vacation and you ask a friendly tourist to take a picture of you with your camera. In the backround something remarkable happens like a UFO. You have the picture on your camera but the tourist actually owns the rights to it.

Unless you pay them to take the picture.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!

  • Jump to: