odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 30th, 2023 at 12:10:15 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: odiousgambit

it appears that the Graz 99ers are ahead by 3 goals to one ... so I have to ask you, would you take this bet? Ahead by 3 goals to one, 3rd period winding up, and you get offered a bet that would seem to be paying 19 to one.

Would you sort of suspect they've made a mistake and take that bet? No, because you are a lot smarter than me, and not as greedy to boot!

Live right now

link to original post

I would have tried to bet $1 to see what would happen. If the resulting bet would have shown $1 pays $20, I would have bet a larger amount. Not sure how much…..

Indeed it paid correctly, checked that

Quote:

Other team pulled goalie and Graz won 4-1.

I hope you bet something on them!!!!
link to original post

I'm gratified to see you say that.

I am illustrating what they did to hoodwink me. I did not bet this one, but this is exactly what I was talking about when I whined about it upthread. This is really, really bad to show this as they do ... and clearly it goes on all the time, all I had to do was wait and I could show you, just as I suspected

My suspicion was that they were showing the score backwards on the one I actually bet on, so before I bet, I went to another site and confirmed the score. So I said 'what the hell.'

I didn't shoot the moon, fortunately

They have this failsafe for them. When you think you are betting for the team that is ahead 3:1 , it switches on you, and you actually are betting for the other team . If I had been more careful, I would have caught that of course. Greed got me, yes, but this glitch [probably what it is] is persistent I believe, and I believe they "love it" even though players must be complaining right and left and they should be fixing it! another thing, all sites seem to put up -10,000 or -20,000 [edited!] for bets where they don't want any more action, but here they leave it blank instead and it causes a glitch and they don't giive a crap
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
December 30th, 2023 at 12:12:46 PM permalink
maybe I should have been more clear when I said "No, you're smarter than me, and not as greedy". Hope nobody took action
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
December 30th, 2023 at 1:50:32 PM permalink

it appears that the Graz 99ers are ahead by 3 goals to one ... so I have to ask you, would you take this bet? Ahead by 3 goals to one, 3rd period winding up, and you get offered a bet that would seem to be paying 19 to one.

Would you sort of suspect they've made a mistake and take that bet? No, because you are a lot smarter than me, and not as greedy to boot!

Live right now

link to original post

I would have tried to bet $1 to see what would happen. If the resulting bet would have shown $1 pays $20, I would have bet a larger amount. Not sure how much…..

Indeed it paid correctly, checked that

Quote:

Other team pulled goalie and Graz won 4-1.

I hope you bet something on them!!!!
link to original post

I'm gratified to see you say that.

I am illustrating what they did to hoodwink me. I did not bet this one, but this is exactly what I was talking about when I whined about it upthread. This is really, really bad to show this as they do ... and clearly it goes on all the time, all I had to do was wait and I could show you, just as I suspected

My suspicion was that they were showing the score backwards on the one I actually bet on, so before I bet, I went to another site and confirmed the score. So I said 'what the hell.'

I didn't shoot the moon, fortunately

They have this failsafe for them. When you think you are betting for the team that is ahead 3:1 , it switches on you, and you actually are betting for the other team . If I had been more careful, I would have caught that of course. Greed got me, yes, but this glitch [probably what it is] is persistent I believe, and I believe they "love it" even though players must be complaining right and left and they should be fixing it! another thing, all sites seem to put up -10,000 or -20,000 [edited!] for bets where they don't want any more action, but here they leave it blank instead and it causes a glitch and they don't giive a crap
link to original post

I’m not sure what you are saying!? You clicked on Graz 99ers at + 1900, but the bet slip said you picked the other team?

As I’ve mentioned, in the soccer games I’ve looked at, often times the huge favorite, in this case the Graz 99ers, would have a ‘lock’ appear in the money line position. And some really high opportunity (maybe +5000) in the other teams money line position.

I’ve never seen what you describe.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
December 30th, 2023 at 2:05:20 PM permalink

I’m not sure what you are saying!? You clicked on Graz 99ers at + 1900, but the bet slip said you picked the other team?

Yes, except note that it was this same situation, yesterday I think, not this very bet

link to original post
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 30th, 2023 at 2:39:47 PM permalink

Yes, except note that it was this same situation, yesterday I think, not this very bet

link to original post
link to original post

You should have bet the -2.5 plus money bet. Super +EV
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 30th, 2023 at 2:51:29 PM permalink
Don't those selection committee members look foolish for keeping Florida State out of the playoff?
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 30th, 2023 at 2:54:43 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Don't those selection committee members look foolish for keeping Florida State out of the playoff?
link to original post

The team on the field today has no bearing on the team that would have played in the playoff. 20 opt outs and transfer portals.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DRich
DRich
December 30th, 2023 at 2:59:43 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

The team on the field today has no bearing on the team that would have played in the playoff. 20 opt outs and transfer portals.
link to original post

That is true but Georgia has even more people sitting out and the score is 42-3 at halftime.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
December 30th, 2023 at 3:34:54 PM permalink

link to original post
link to original post

You should have bet the -2.5 plus money bet. Super +EV
link to original post

spent too much whining about the other bet, and lost my focus .... *whine*

those b^%#$^%$#ds were too busy gleefully rubbing their hands , thinking about th suckers, and let the other go unnoticed
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 31st, 2023 at 9:36:42 AM permalink

link to original post

You know better than that! That was NOT the FSU team that would have been playing if they were in the playoffs. Those were, well, imposters in FSU uniforms! How many times do you have to hear ‘first catch of the year’ or ‘first tackle of the year’ to realize this game had ABSOLUTELY NO MEANING?

For as much NCAA FB you watch I’m surprised you’d make that comment?

Do you think OSU is not a top 20 team after watching them stink it up against Mizzou?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 31st, 2023 at 9:44:29 AM permalink
My really bad beat yesterday…. Pollard in a parlay needing 50. He had 50…. until…. lost 1 yard on his last run of the game…. 49……

But got lucky as well….. Bunch of parlays start with Cowboys ML. Bad reffing combined with Neanderthal Coach Campbell.

My wife’s parlay still alive only needing Bills -13. I have some others with Pats +14.5. Bills 31, Pats17…..!?!

One gravy train source just dried up. The 50% profit boost given for $10 soccer parlay bet is no more..,,,
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 31st, 2023 at 10:40:08 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Players that quit on their team have no business playing for a championship. Why would a coach want a transfer who has proven he puts himself above his team? These guys accepted their luxury car leases and $850-an-hour jobs checking fire extinguishers, then bailed when their team needed them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 31st, 2023 at 11:02:10 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

link to original post

Players that quit on their team have no business playing for a championship. Why would a coach want a transfer who has proven he puts himself above his team? These guys accepted their luxury car leases and $850-an-hour jobs checking fire extinguishers, then bailed when their team needed them.
link to original post

If they have not transferred yet they are still part of the team. Who cares if they are leaving?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 31st, 2023 at 11:19:19 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

If they have not transferred yet they are still part of the team. Who cares if they are leaving?
link to original post

Not sure of the rules….. but once in ‘the portal’ they seem to not play anymore. And let’s say you are a QB. If there are 50 teams looking for QBs in ‘the portal’ those spots fill up. You don’t want to miss out on the ‘good’ opportunities.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
December 31st, 2023 at 11:46:32 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Not sure of the rules….. but once in ‘the portal’ they seem to not play anymore. And let’s say you are a QB. If there are 50 teams looking for QBs in ‘the portal’ those spots fill up. You don’t want to miss out on the ‘good’ opportunities.
link to original post

I can see them not wanting to play as if they get hurt they are boned. I can see a coach figuring why develop guys not going to be there. OTOH, they are still on the team and still eligible. My point is just who cares if they are leaving? There is a thing about disowning players who leave your team. It's just a sport, they decided to move on. People should get over it.

I will admit I used to be in the other camp, getting older has made me care less.
DRich
DRich
December 31st, 2023 at 12:42:08 PM permalink
There is a lot of money to still be made by transferring and collecting NIL money.

The backup QB at Texas who has never started a game makes about three times what San Francisco 49'ers starting QB makes.
billryan
billryan
December 31st, 2023 at 3:59:06 PM permalink

There is a lot of money to still be made by transferring and collecting NIL money.

The backup QB at Texas who has never started a game makes about three times what San Francisco 49'ers starting QB makes.
link to original post

That's great, but they already accepted the NIL money for this season. They should earn it.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
December 31st, 2023 at 4:58:00 PM permalink

link to original post

That's great, but they already accepted the NIL money for this season. They should earn it.
link to original post

I agree completely and I would assume there is something in their contract like that. They probably lose a percentage of it based on games they voluntarily don't play. The big thing for the players is that they can change schools if someone offers them a better deal. I hate what it is doing to the schools and rivalries, but it is still the most fair thing for the students.
billryan
billryan
December 31st, 2023 at 5:40:49 PM permalink
Doing the right thing isn't always fair.
Twenty-plus players bailed on their coach and their teammates. How is that acceptable?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2024 at 2:43:05 AM permalink

Twenty-plus players bailed on their coach and their teammates. How is that acceptable?
link to original post

What is the "right" thing? We are no longer in the era of reserve clauses and staying with one team forever. From sports to a regular career, people come and go.
billryan
billryan
January 1st, 2024 at 7:23:41 AM permalink

link to original post

What is the "right" thing? We are no longer in the era of reserve clauses and staying with one team forever. From sports to a regular career, people come and go.
link to original post

What a ridiculous statement. What does the reserve clause have to do with quitting on your team before the season ends?
Can you imagine what would happen if free agents to be decided to sit out the MLB playoffs? If the star QB decided to sit out the Super-Bowl to avoid injury? These people committed to their coach, their teammates, and their school. They also got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. There were players at FSU making $8500 a week checking fire extinguishers for ten hours. Then, when things didn't go perfectly, they quit. To me, that tells me more about them than their on-field stats.
Whose brilliant idea was it to allow a few pampered twenty-year-olds to ruin a historic football program?
billryan
billryan
January 1st, 2024 at 7:27:53 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I agree completely and I would assume there is something in their contract like that. They probably lose a percentage of it based on games they voluntarily don't play. The big thing for the players is that they can change schools if someone offers them a better deal. I hate what it is doing to the schools and rivalries, but it is still the most fair thing for the students.
link to original post

NILs are unregulated, and supposed to be independent of the school. If a sponsor from FSU offers $100,000 payable after the season and the guy from Clemson offers $100,000 upfront, where is Joe Bob Billips playing next year?

IF FSU had shown up and beaten Georgia, their tale of getting screwed over might have been Hollywood worthy but instead, they were shown to be petulant man-childs who stood around and watched their team get embarrassed.
These " students" are signing employment contracts. I see nothing wrong with enforcing them and a lot wrong with letting players walk away from a contract unharmed. The players were taken advantage of for a century, but kids are making life-changing money these days. Car dealerships are giving every incoming player $100,000 pickup trucks. They are being paid as adults, so why not expect them to act like an adult. Finish the job you committed to. It's what good men do.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2024 at 12:53:59 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

What a ridiculous statement. What does the reserve clause have to do with quitting on your team before the season ends?
Can you imagine what would happen if free agents to be decided to sit out the MLB playoffs? If the star QB decided to sit out the Super-Bowl to avoid injury? These people committed to their coach, their teammates, and their school. They also got paid hundreds of thousands of dollars. There were players at FSU making $8500 a week checking fire extinguishers for ten hours. Then, when things didn't go perfectly, they quit. To me, that tells me more about them than their on-field stats.
Whose brilliant idea was it to allow a few pampered twenty-year-olds to ruin a historic football program?
link to original post

What was their contract? Was it to play post-season? If it was not then if they want to bail, fine. If not charge them back for the pay they received.

College football sold out decades ago. Time to stop complaining when players look out for their own interest.
DRich
DRich
January 1st, 2024 at 5:09:56 PM permalink

These " students" are signing employment contracts. I see nothing wrong with enforcing them and a lot wrong with letting players walk away from a contract unharmed. The players were taken advantage of for a century, but kids are making life-changing money these days. Car dealerships are giving every incoming player $100,000 pickup trucks. They are being paid as adults, so why not expect them to act like an adult. Finish the job you committed to. It's what good men do.
link to original post

In some ways I agree with you but in others I don't. I don't think many adults are committed to a job, most would leave without giving any notice if the new job paid enough and required an immediate start.

I think that I am a pretty standup employee and I would give proper notice even if I won the Powerball. I respect the people I work with most of the time, But, if someone offered me a position that I think I would like and it pays triple my current salary but I have to start tomorrow, I would probably do it.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 1st, 2024 at 5:22:31 PM permalink

link to original post

In some ways I agree with you but in others I don't. I don't think many adults are committed to a job, most would leave without giving any notice if the new job paid enough and required an immediate start.

I think that I am a pretty standup employee and I would give proper notice even if I won the Powerball. I respect the people I work with most of the time, But, if someone offered me a position that I think I would like and it pays triple my current salary but I have to start tomorrow, I would probably do it.
link to original post

Then stop with the bullshit like…. We play for our brothers….
It’s not about me, it’s about the M on my uniform….

It’s simple to me. If the person giving the NIL money who really wants to win that Bowl game does not have something in the NIL contract requiring the player play in all games when healthy, then the booster is just stupid. The top kids are getting 7 figures. I’m not sure the OSU booster who gave MarvinHarrison the 3 or 5 or 7 million enjoyed writing the check to see Harrison in a $4,000 suit on the sidelines while OSU had no offense.
DRich
DRich
January 1st, 2024 at 5:38:50 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

Then stop with the bullshit like…. We play for our brothers….
It’s not about me, it’s about the M on my uniform….

It’s simple to me. If the person giving the NIL money who really wants to win that Bowl game does not have something in the NIL contract requiring the player play in all games when healthy, then the booster is just stupid. The top kids are getting 7 figures. I’m not sure the OSU booster who gave MarvinHarrison the 3 or 5 or 7 million enjoyed writing the check to see Harrison in a $4,000 suit on the sidelines while OSU had no offense.
link to original post

Definitely. If their contracts don't address it blame the attorneys.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 2nd, 2024 at 8:43:09 AM permalink
DraftKings just downgraded me from Gold to Silver based on last years play. I wasn’t even close given the MUCH tighter requirements to earn points. It was expected. Still getting probably over $10 a day in EV, maybe a little more.

Caesars has not downgraded me yet. Still Diamond and got monthly Diamond free bet today. I wasn’t close to reaching the threshold this year. I think I was earning points at around 10% of previous year. Not sure when they turn me Platinum.

I don’t actually check exactly….. but if I had to guess last year…. Draft Kings>BetRivers>FanDual>Caesar’s>BetMGM
for money earned.

I really am enjoying it though. I can’t help but wonder if I would have made a real business of it if I was younger and had more energy…and need….
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 5th, 2024 at 7:54:40 AM permalink
Last night the sportsbooks seemed in competition to offer +EV bets on Antetokounmpo, Jokic, Wembanyama, and Curry performance parlays. I think the most +EV one was curry, Jokic, and Antetokuonpo to score 25 at +250. Hit quite easily.
I used a boost to get Cantlay to win this weekend…. 20-1…. He’s still in it…. Down 2 after round one.

I’ve cashed in 2 DK free pools recently. That’s almost $10 for me! I think I average $1 a week in those…..

My coin toss has me going Washington+4.5.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 6th, 2024 at 7:45:42 AM permalink
Finally got the lucky break. FanDuel boosted parlay had Embiid 30 points/10 rebounds. Embiid is on some record streak of 30 point games. Averages around 12 rebounds. With a few minutes to go he has 28/8…. but the score is lopsided and under normal circumstances Embiid would be pulled. I’m sure he was left in to get the 30…. which he did. He finished with 30/9. But this morning it’s 30/10! I’m not sure when NBA stats are made final, but I’ve lost when I’ve thought I’d win in the past.
Bigger + odds parlay (MGM) also hit with Embiid 30/Mitchell 25/Brunson 25. Im sure in addition to hitting both we’re +EV.
I’ll keep riding him 30+ until I fall off that horse…
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 6th, 2024 at 8:20:25 AM permalink
just started reading Stanford Wong's "Sharp Sports Betting"

I'm sure it's going to be great but I can't help notice something right off the bat.

well, this is just a pet peeve, perhaps you will sneer about it, if so you'll be gratified because I have to confess something stupid again at the end

he says a "-110 bet means risking $110 in an attempt to win $100." Well, that is only correct if you bet $110. What -110 actually means is a lay bet RATIO of 110 to 100. If it's +110 it's the opposite but same ratio. You can bet much less at almost any book, and online you can bet ridiculously small, sometimes 10 cents even. So here is where I have to say why it's a pet peeve to see that [you know I'm new at this]. When I first looked into sports betting I thought you had to bet hundreds of dollars if the bet was presented that way, or stay home.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 7th, 2024 at 5:01:48 AM permalink

just started reading Stanford Wong's "Sharp Sports Betting"

clearly out of date for online sportsbetting, but it's cheap to get a copy
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 7th, 2024 at 5:15:30 AM permalink
Away Underdog Panthers beat the pants off the Avalanche 8 to 4

SGP3 Picks +1500
FLA Panthers +1.5, Over 6.5, Even
Won
Wager: $0.10 Paid: $1.60

I have stated I've now gone to 10 cent bets for no-sweat same game parlays, so I didn't get rich winning this 15:1 bet. Now you might ask why it would pay 15:1? The 'even' portion of the parlay was whether the score would be odd or even, and 'odd' is always more likely than even in hockey due to the number of games that go into overtime. This particular combination where you take the underdog [I wanted +1.5] , and take the over [better chances for underdog if there is a lot of scoring I think] and the 'even' , well, as you can see DK thinks you have to be nuts. Evidently, the chances of overtime are huge IF the underdog is to win.

If the chance for an upset is underrated, you have to consider this I think. It was 'no sweat'
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 12th, 2024 at 2:27:45 PM permalink

Away Underdog Panthers beat the pants off the Avalanche 8 to 4

SGP3 Picks +1500
FLA Panthers +1.5, Over 6.5, Even
Won
Wager: $0.10 Paid: $1.60

I have stated I've now gone to 10 cent bets for no-sweat same game parlays, so I didn't get rich winning this 15:1 bet. Now you might ask why it would pay 15:1? The 'even' portion of the parlay was whether the score would be odd or even, and 'odd' is always more likely than even in hockey due to the number of games that go into overtime. This particular combination where you take the underdog [I wanted +1.5] , and take the over [better chances for underdog if there is a lot of scoring I think] and the 'even' , well, as you can see DK thinks you have to be nuts. Evidently, the chances of overtime are huge IF the underdog is to win.

If the chance for an upset is underrated, you have to consider this I think. It was 'no sweat'
link to original post

If I’m taking ‘even’ I’m taking over 7.5, not over 6.5…..

And of course it makes no sense either to take +1.5 if you are taking ‘even’. Please don’t make me explain why…

In reality you had this bet…. Panthers to win, over 7.5 goals total, even total.

Good win!

Time for my rant on my NYS online sports betting. I’m away for a week so can’t legally place bets. It makes NO sense. Why does this law exist?

I did get some bets in before I left the state. Of course I’ll be rooting for the Bills no matter what my bets are, but I think the harsh weather ‘evens things out’ more than gives the Bills the advantage against another cold weather team (Steelers). I have a few parlays starting with Steelers +10 or 10.5.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 12th, 2024 at 4:56:41 PM permalink
I hadn't thought about those things but you are absolutely right!

alternate lines for NHL games don't exist at DK anymore, and it's too bad

Getting a second chance is the only reason to go 3 leg same game parlay [a no sweat, that is]. As far as 'even' often paying +200, oddsmakers know what they are doing there.
DRich
DRich
January 12th, 2024 at 8:36:40 PM permalink
Do any of you remember the casino in Northern Nevada that had so much success with football teasers that they did hockey teasers giving +6 or -6 in hockey? It lasted for a couple of weeks,
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 13th, 2024 at 6:44:02 AM permalink

Do any of you remember the casino in Northern Nevada that had so much success with football teasers that they did hockey teasers giving +6 or -6 in hockey? It lasted for a couple of weeks,
link to original post

How did it last past one day?

Seriously, if you found such a teaser, the only limit would be the book’s limit on how much you could bet on any one ticket. That would certainly be an offer to ‘kill’ rather than ‘shear’ as you know there is no way it lasts. Do you have any details?
DRich
DRich
January 13th, 2024 at 8:04:27 AM permalink

link to original post

How did it last past one day?

Seriously, if you found such a teaser, the only limit would be the book’s limit on how much you could bet on any one ticket. That would certainly be an offer to ‘kill’ rather than ‘shear’ as you know there is no way it lasts. Do you have any details?
link to original post

I don't remember any other details but I believe it was written about in Chris Andrews autobiography.
DRich
DRich
January 13th, 2024 at 8:21:00 AM permalink
My prediction is that if Dallas loses to Green Bay this weekend McCarthy will be fired and replaced by Jim Harbaugh.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 13th, 2024 at 10:06:45 AM permalink
Game on Buffalo postponed. Any word if all bet’s especially unders will stand?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 13th, 2024 at 2:33:02 PM permalink

link to original post

glad I couldn't parlay 3 unders [incl Bills] to get a second chance type bet at DK ... they just declined to let me parlay them. That unusual?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
odiousgambit
January 13th, 2024 at 3:20:12 PM permalink

link to original post

glad I couldn't parlay 3 unders [incl Bills] to get a second chance type bet at DK ... they just declined to let me parlay them. That unusual?
link to original post

The line at WindCreek moved 3 points to the Steelers after the postponement!

It is not usual but I can see it. Still too much weather uncertainty in Buffalo so they may not be letting you do the parlay.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 15th, 2024 at 4:52:49 PM permalink
Another(costly?) lesson. Maybe? I used a free bet ($25) on Bills game to pay around $75. The bet had to be used by today. I won. Buttttt….. not sure if the bet didn’t count because the game was moved a day. And if it doesn’t count even if they refund my free bet it’s expired before I can get back to NY.

I have a different (losing) $10 bet on Bills game on a different site. Will see what happens….
DRich
DRich
January 15th, 2024 at 4:56:39 PM permalink

Another(costly?) lesson. Maybe? I used a free bet ($25) on Bills game to pay around $75. The bet had to be used by today. I won. Buttttt….. not sure if the bet didn’t count because the game was moved a day. And if it doesn’t count even if they refund my free bet it’s expired before I can get back to NY.

I have a different (losing) $10 bet on Bills game on a different site. Will see what happens….
link to original post

My free bet on the Bills paid. Mine was at HardRockBet. I have another free bet on the under in the Tampa game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 15th, 2024 at 5:03:20 PM permalink
I have 4 leg parlay waiting on under 44 in Tampa game. I felt as soon as I saw that finger on Hurts throwing hand 🤚 liked the under. If I was home I’m sure I’d hedge a little! But I’m all in….
DRich
DRich
January 15th, 2024 at 5:05:25 PM permalink

I have 4 leg parlay waiting on under 44 in Tampa game. I felt as soon as I saw that finger on Hurts throwing hand 🤚 liked the under. If I was home I’m sure I’d hedge a little! But I’m all in….
link to original post

You got a better number than I did. Mine is 43.5
PenguinsOfPit
PenguinsOfPit
  • Threads: 11
January 15th, 2024 at 11:30:11 PM permalink
I took Austin Reeves under 16.5 at +114 tonight vs OKC. He’s at 13 with 28 seconds left, Thunder hit a 3 to cut it to 5. I IMMEDIATELY think I’m screwed because of foul shots. 13 seconds left OKC fouls Reeves. Hits both. Then OKC cuts it to 5 with FOUR seconds left and then foul(?!?!?!). Luckily for me they fouled Davis. I won but come on man must they make it so obvious?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
January 16th, 2024 at 4:58:40 AM permalink

link to original post

You got a better number than I did. Mine is 43.5
link to original post

We both won due to lucky FG taken off the board so Philly could go for 4th and 5.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
January 16th, 2024 at 5:12:12 AM permalink
no 'no sweat' promotions this morning at DK. Used to be something they crowed about, all the no sweat offers, then they went to one only and you had to use a same game parlay to start it. Of course I could be working my way towards the ol' non grata status
DRich
DRich
January 17th, 2024 at 11:19:42 AM permalink
Soopoo, I need a same game NBA parlay tonight as I have a free bet for it. I barely watch or follow any NBA so I will default to your expertise.
billryan
billryan
January 17th, 2024 at 12:55:12 PM permalink
There is an article on Yahoo News about a guy who hit three big-money parleys on the NHL and the casino tried to cancel the bets.
It talks about how books keep 20% of the handle on parley bets compared to 5% on straight bets.
I can't link it, but I thought it did a good job of explaining the complexity of these types of bets to non-gamblers.
A person bet that eight players would be held scoreless and one team had to win. It happened and it should have paid well over $100,000. The casino, in Tennessee, refused to pay and then offered him $25,000 for this and two other parleys he hit. The casino claimed they made a "fat finger" mistake on the tickets. He went to the Control board and the casino paid, while claiming they weren't told to.
  • Jump to: