Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 118
August 8th, 2018 at 8:41:12 AM permalink
Yes, but if you pick those teams every week and each of them have a bye, thatís a loss due to invalid pick.
Vultures can't be choosers.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 8:59:35 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Yes. 2-1 you dont make top 3. 5-1 you dont win. I assume you will just make it a 'fair' bet, and not AP it. Meaning you wont offer $100 to a player ahead of you to forfeit, you won't collude with other players, stuff like that. I'm assuming a minimum of 25 bonafide players, which I don't think will be an issue. Even money on top 5.

Agreed that I'd hope BOTH of us would have a gentleman's bet, aka no funny business, aka nothing pieces moved privately, no places 'bought', etc.

Hmm, I'll have to ponder the odds a bit more before committing. 2-1 on the top 3 and even money on top 5. I'll get back to ya =P.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 8
August 8th, 2018 at 9:56:52 AM permalink
Feels like a decent overlay in this pick Ďem. Should be fun.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 30
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 10:22:48 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

Agreed that I'd hope BOTH of us would have a gentleman's bet, aka no funny business, aka nothing pieces moved privately, no places 'bought', etc.

Hmm, I'll have to ponder the odds a bit more before committing. 2-1 on the top 3 and even money on top 5. I'll get back to ya =P.

lol, Romes, your first year picking was last year and you started out very humble about your chances, sort of like troopscott is this year. But, you finished quite well, as I remember. Now, you seem cocky. Do you really think your odds are 1 in 3 to be in the top 3?

I would take some of that action, I'm pretty sure you won't be in the top 3. I'll give you 2.3 -1.

My favorites for the top 3? Wizard has a record that is hard to deny. And, Babs has impressed me with her picks. Miplet always worries me. Of course, MidwestAP won last year by a large margin. And I think I finished tied for 5th last year - that was my first year and I'm determined to improve this year. And there will be twenty other pickers out there, most of them sharper than tacks. This is a tough field, son. I'd advise you to go for Mr. Average.
Mission146
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 10:39:04 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

My favorites for the top 3? Wizard has a record that is hard to deny. And, Babs has impressed me with her picks. Miplet always worries me. Of course, MidwestAP won last year by a large margin. And I think I finished tied for 5th last year - that was my first year and I'm determined to improve this year. And there will be twenty other pickers out there, most of them sharper than tacks. This is a tough field, son. I'd advise you to go for Mr. Average.

Well then!

Iím only third ALL TIME among players with a huge sample size, but okay.

Funny thing is, I donít know that Iíve ever actually finished in the Top 3.
Vultures can't be choosers.
troopscott
troopscott
  • Threads: 20
August 8th, 2018 at 10:42:38 AM permalink
If someone wants to offer me some decent odds for my $25 I will take all teams to Cover the Spread. Bet would be if I can make top 10 with set picks no changing with the exception if this runs into the playoffs

I will take my first 5 teams the first 6 weeks (from previous post)
Week 7 will sub in Giants and Eagles
week 11 I will sub in Eagles, Broncos, and Saints
------------------------------------------------------------------
adding from previous posts

My guess is I might go 0-85. I quit watching football when Kapernick decided he needed a knee. Actually a little before that when the rams wore those shirts in the debunked story of Michael Brown. I will be throwing darts for my picks

I think (though I may change) I will take weekly no matter the spread What kind of odds can I get if I take these same teams every week to finish in the top 10? $25 bet?

Jets
Dolphins
Pittsburgh
Raiders
Patriots

All teams who Drafted or signed some of my favorite Marshall University Players in the past
Chad Pennington
Byron Leftwhich
Randy Moss
Troy Brown
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
August 8th, 2018 at 11:21:27 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

lol, Romes, your first year picking was last year and you started out very humble about your chances, sort of like troopscott is this year. But, you finished quite well, as I remember. Now, you seem cocky. Do you really think your odds are 1 in 3 to be in the top 3?

I would take some of that action, I'm pretty sure you won't be in the top 3. I'll give you 2.3 -1...

Can't seem to get 3-1 out of anyone and I should be a clear non-favorite! Ha, not being cocky at all (still think I suck at this) but hey given the right price I'll give it a whirl. I still don't have any kind of knowledge on the sport past a hometown team (and still can't even name all the players on it). Would you be interested in any action for me making top 5?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 88
beachbumbabstroopscottAyecarumba
August 8th, 2018 at 11:58:28 AM permalink
FYI, if anyone doesn't pay up then they should always be outted. It could save someone else the trouble down the road.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 12:06:28 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Well then!

Iím only third ALL TIME among players with a huge sample size, but okay.

Funny thing is, I donít know that Iíve ever actually finished in the Top 3.

You finished 3rd in 2016.

2012 6th
2013 17th
2014 15th
2015 6th
2016 3rd
2017 9th
Mission146
Mission146
August 8th, 2018 at 12:15:28 PM permalink
Victory, Sweet Victory!!!