9 votes (14.06%)
2 votes (3.12%)
1 vote (1.56%)

64 members have voted

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 9th, 2023 at 10:16:32 AM permalink
Wembanyama: 21 points, 20 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 blocks.

That kid will never be able to make it in the NBA
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 9th, 2023 at 11:53:41 AM permalink
DRich you ready for no throw football with Army Navy?
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
December 9th, 2023 at 12:22:35 PM permalink
Ohtani’s new contract number was a little bit of a jolt for me. 700 million over 10 years, it’s only been maybe a decade since entire major sports franchises were selling for numbers at or less than that amount iirc.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 9th, 2023 at 12:57:36 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Ohtani’s new contract number was a little bit of a jolt for me. 700 million over 10 years, it’s only been maybe a decade since entire major sports franchises were selling for numbers at or less than that amount iirc.
link to original post

If it’s all guaranteed it is VERY risky for Dodgers. No one can be sure how he returns from ‘Tommy John’ surgery. If he is only a hitter it’s a large overpayment. I’m not well versed on baseball’s salary cap stuff but it has to hamstring the Dodgers somewhat!?

Angels to be relegated to the minor leagues?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
December 9th, 2023 at 1:08:55 PM permalink

link to original post

that is quite amazing
of course, Uncle Sam will get a gigantic chunk of that and the State will get a huge chunk too
and inflation of the currency explains part of it
still - with good investments over time he could easily become a billionaire
you didn't used to think of ballplayers as being billionaires -
Please don't feed the trolls
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 9th, 2023 at 1:16:49 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

link to original post

that is quite amazing
of course, Uncle Sam will get a gigantic chunk of that and the State will get a huge chunk too
link to original post

Easily if that’s his goal. He’s got to be worth $10+ million a year in endorsements. Probably a lot more….

I assume LBJ has already surpassed a billion. Messi too.
unJon
unJon
December 9th, 2023 at 1:22:35 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

that is quite amazing
link to original post

Easily if that’s his goal. He’s got to be worth $10+ million a year in endorsements. Probably a lot more….

I assume LBJ has already surpassed a billion. Messi too.
link to original post

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/list/top-50-richest-athletes/

Who knows how accurate that list is.

List has LBJ and Messi both at $600m
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
DRich
DRich
December 9th, 2023 at 1:44:40 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

I was disappointed to see Army come out slinging the ball. Eleven pass attempts in one half should be against the rules.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
December 9th, 2023 at 3:07:03 PM permalink

link to original post

If it’s all guaranteed it is VERY risky for Dodgers. No one can be sure how he returns from ‘Tommy John’ surgery. If he is only a hitter it’s a large overpayment. I’m not well versed on baseball’s salary cap stuff but it has to hamstring the Dodgers somewhat!?

link to original post

No such thing as salary cap in baseball, the one major sport without it. Yankees and Dodgers often in their own league for spending, Dodgers are already paying Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts huge money.

High payroll teams have luxury tax like penalties they effectively pay to the lower paid teams I believe. Don’t know the contract details but baseball is traditionally all guaranteed.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Dec 9, 2023
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 9th, 2023 at 4:03:10 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

No such thing as salary cap in baseball, the one major sport without it. Yankees and Dodgers often in their own league for spending, Dodgers are already paying Freddie Freeman and Mookie Betts huge money.

High payroll teams have luxury tax like penalties they effectively pay to the lower paid teams I believe. Don’t know the contract details but baseball is traditionally all guaranteed.
link to original post

Right. No cap but the luxury tax at least is supposed to try and even the playing field. It doesn’t. The Yanks are paying $$$$$ to Cole, Judge, Stanton, Rizzo but that didn’t stop them from getting Soto.
The Mets showed last year that you can pay the biggest $$$ but still suck.

I’m still liking the Braves next year.
DRich
DRich
December 9th, 2023 at 5:32:48 PM permalink
Ohtani $700 million for 10 years. The easy math is $70 million a year for one player. Two teams total payroll is less than $70 million a year.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 10th, 2023 at 3:24:15 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I was disappointed to see Army come out slinging the ball. Eleven pass attempts in one half should be against the rules.
link to original post

the game was a first for me
the first time I've ever seen a game end with an intentional safety
it was a great game imo
Navy's 2 pt. attempt on their last TD was a very wrong move imo - not that it mattered

unJon
unJon
December 10th, 2023 at 7:23:07 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

it was a great game imo
Navy's 2 pt. attempt on their last TD was a very wrong move imo - not that it mattered

link to original post

The book says go for 2 down 14 if you score a TD.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 10th, 2023 at 7:38:34 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

it was a great game imo

link to original post

The book says go for 2 down 14 if you score a TD.
link to original post

Correct. Not even close. Over a decade ago I sent in the math on this to our local sports talk radio guys. They ignored me. Now they talk about stuff like this all the time!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
December 10th, 2023 at 3:11:07 PM permalink
Speaking of counterintuitive but not even close coaching strategy, Montverde’s high school basketball coach yesterday in a game between two powerhouses left his star player in the first quarter with two fouls. First time I’ve seen that in a high school game. One the data would say clearly to leave them in for but basketball coaches have historically loved to effectively foul their own players out by limiting minutes when they have early foul trouble.

Yes 4th quarter minutes CAN be more important, but it’s guaranteed the minutes matter now, 4th quarter doesn’t matter if you’re already getting blown out aided by benching your star. And how often do you see a guy lose 5-10 minutes of normal play to foul trouble then only pick up 1/0 the rest of the game? Way more often than a coach saves a guy from fouling out.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
odiousgambit
December 11th, 2023 at 3:03:28 AM permalink
the Chiefs took a very tough loss yesterday
with almost no time remaining Mahomes threw a pass to Travis Kelce who lateraled to Kadarius Toney for a TD - a truly great play by Kelce
it looked like the Chiefs would go ahead and win
but Toney was called for lining up offsides - the Chiefs were penalized - could not score and lost the game
Toney also dropped an easy catch in the first half

after the game Mahomes and Andy Reid criticized the offsides call - it looked obvious that he was offsides - Reid was saying there should have been a warning

in related news Taylor Swift excitedly cheered her hero after the great play from Kelce and hugged her companion
later she had to console him after the TD was called back

those are the ways of love, life and NFL football

here is the great play by Kelce that was called back - you can see Toney lined up offsides at the start of the play

I usually don't write this much about just one game - but this was quite exciting and unusual

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 11, 2023
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 11th, 2023 at 8:34:13 AM permalink

Speaking of counterintuitive but not even close coaching strategy, Montverde’s high school basketball coach yesterday in a game between two powerhouses left his star player in the first quarter with two fouls. First time I’ve seen that in a high school game. One the data would say clearly to leave them in for but basketball coaches have historically loved to effectively foul their own players out by limiting minutes when they have early foul trouble.

Yes 4th quarter minutes CAN be more important, but it’s guaranteed the minutes matter now, 4th quarter doesn’t matter if you’re already getting blown out aided by benching your star. And how often do you see a guy lose 5-10 minutes of normal play to foul trouble then only pick up 1/0 the rest of the game? Way more often than a coach saves a guy from fouling out.
link to original post

THANK YOU. I’ve thought this for years.

Same concept with Jokic ‘rotation’. Up a dozen going into 4th quarter it seems standard for Nuggets to sit Jokic for start of 4th quarter until opponent comes back to tie. There are so many stoppages/time outs/reviews/foul shots at the end of NBA games that there is plenty of ‘rest time’ for all players. Let Jokic start 4th quarter, give him a minute or two break after first media timeout…….
When players play over 40 minutes due to OT, they don’t melt.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
lilredrooster
December 11th, 2023 at 8:41:01 AM permalink

the Chiefs took a very tough loss yesterday
with almost no time remaining Mahomes threw a pass to Travis Kelce who lateraled to Kadarius Toney for a TD - a truly great play by Kelce
it looked like the Chiefs would go ahead and win
but Toney was called for lining up offsides - the Chiefs were penalized - could not score and lost the game
Toney also dropped an easy catch in the first half

after the game Mahomes and Andy Reid criticized the offsides call - it looked obvious that he was offsides - Reid was saying there should have been a warning

in related news Taylor Swift excitedly cheered her hero after the great play from Kelce and hugged her companion
later she had to console him after the TD was called back

those are the ways of love, life and NFL football

here is the great play by Kelce that was called back - you can see Toney lined up offsides at the start of the play

I usually don't write this much about just one game - but this was quite exciting and unusual

link to original post

Watched live. At the snap I told wifey idiot (Toney) was blatantly offsides but refs won’t have balls to call it. I was wrong!

Had that play counted would have been an ALL TIME top play.

Overshadowed, but Josh Allen had a ridiculous pass play to win the game. Was running left, three Chiefs about to cream him, inches from out of bounds, hurls ball across his body to Latavius Murray for huge reception. (I thought it was incomplete actually…!). There was also a great Allen ‘run’ for a TD. He basically stayed upright for a dozen yards while 5 Chiefs were trying to take him down, and 5 Bills were helping him advance. Like a rugby scrum.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 12th, 2023 at 4:58:11 AM permalink
there have been some great vids of NBA greats posted in this thread
here's yet one more - one of the all time greatest
"The Hick from French Lick"___"Larry Legend"__________of course, he was no hick
at 2:42 Bill Walton explains how Bird told him he would play the last game of a series all left handed
he did that - and got 27 - all left handed

he retired in '92 - 31 years ago - hard to believe its been that long - seems like yesterday he was burning up the courts

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 12, 2023
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
lilredrooster
December 12th, 2023 at 3:21:23 PM permalink
Ronnie Fields was a three time high school all american basketball player and Kevin Garnett's teammate rumored to have a 50 inch vertical who seemed destined for NBA stardom but had a career derailed. During his senior season he broke his neck in a severe car accident, was ruled academically ineligible college and would ultimately become a baskeball mercenary playing professional basketball in 8 countries over 13 seasons.

His hops looks like Vince Carter in some of his high school highlights.

Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 13
December 12th, 2023 at 4:45:45 PM permalink
Kelce's reckless lateral was almost batted down. If so, it would probably have been recovered by one of the three Bills. The penalty would have been declined, of course. I don't think it was a smart play.
This forum is more enjoyable after I learned how to use the 'Block this user' button.
DRich
DRich
December 12th, 2023 at 5:23:01 PM permalink
Quote: Mental

Kelce's reckless lateral was almost batted down. If so, it would probably have been recovered by one of the three Bills. The penalty would have been declined, of course. I don't think it was a smart play.
link to original post

Kelce has a history of reckless plays.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 13th, 2023 at 3:05:35 AM permalink
imo the most fun NBA back in the day play to watch was the "Coop - A - Loop" - Magic Johnson throwing a lob to Michael Cooper for a slam
amazing timing and sync between the 2 of them

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 13, 2023
DRich
DRich
December 13th, 2023 at 6:27:07 AM permalink
How about Ohtani getting $70 million a year but is only being paid $2 million a year for ten years and the other $680 million will be paid in the following ten years?

I guess it makes sense for him as his endorsements are currently around $40 million a year and those will drop almost to zero when he retires. So for now he will have to try to live comfortably on $42 million a year if he can manage with that little and then get his $68 million a year after he retires.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 13th, 2023 at 6:52:35 AM permalink

How about Ohtani getting $70 million a year but is only being paid $2 million a year for ten years and the other $680 million will be paid in the following ten years?

I guess it makes sense for him as his endorsements are currently around $40 million a year and those will drop almost to zero when he retires. So for now he will have to try to live comfortably on $42 million a year if he can manage with that little and then get his $68 million a year after he retires.
link to original post

He almost certainly will not be living in California when he gets the big money, so saves 13% there. Not even sure he will be living in US by then. I am no tax expert, but this seems like a loophole his advisors and the Dodgers have found. Not to the same degree, but Betts and Freeman have 9 figures of deferred money as well between them.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 13th, 2023 at 7:40:43 AM permalink

link to original post

He almost certainly will not be living in California when he gets the big money, so saves 13% there. Not even sure he will be living in US by then. I am no tax expert, but this seems like a loophole his advisors and the Dodgers have found. Not to the same degree, but Betts and Freeman have 9 figures of deferred money as well between them.
link to original post

He works and earns his salary in Califonia. It doesn't matter where he lives. I can't imagine they are going to not tax the $680 million just because he deferred his compensation. He's postponing his salary, and the taxes that go with it. Chances are inflation will make the dollars worth less and there is a good possibility the tax rates will be higher. In terms of real dollars, this is more of a $450 million deal than a 700 million one.
BTW- Derek Jeter is long retired but made twenty million in endorsements last year. O can look forward to endorsement deals on both sides of the Pacific for a long, long time.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
December 13th, 2023 at 8:47:18 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

He works and earns his salary in Califonia.

Actually, that is not true. Ball players are taxed based on where the games are played. So he would be taxed in each state that he has games in.
billryan
billryan
December 13th, 2023 at 9:27:38 AM permalink

He works and earns his salary in Califonia.

Actually, that is not true. Ball players are taxed based on where the games are played. So he would be taxed in each state that he has games in.
link to original post

The majority of his games are played in California. NY will tax him on the games played in NY, but it all goes thru California, where he gets his checks. Under normal circumstances, the Dodgers would withhold his taxes, pay the state their share and then California gives credits to the other states.
it's amazing that working stiffs are limited in how much of their salary they can put into tax-deferred accounts, where the rich can put 95%
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
lilredrooster
December 13th, 2023 at 10:32:46 AM permalink
Are you familiar with Earl "The Goat" Manigault?
He is a NYC legend. After shattering all the NYC Junior High School records, he started selling and using drugs. He dropped out of high school and hustled people at the 98th Street courts. He played in tournaments against Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Connie Hawkins, and many other future pros. He was in and out of prison and rehab but was a fixture at the courts when he was free. Julius Irving used to travel from Long Island and credits The Goat for showing him how to play above the rim.
Unfortunately, his feats have been elevated to near mythical. People claim he would do a windmill dunk with his right hand, grab the ball after it through with his left hand, and dunk it a second time. No less than Dr. J claims to have seen him do it.
Another story had his leaping ability performing seemingly impossible feats. He was listed as between 5-11 and 6-1, and he is said to have been able to leap up, put a dollar on the top of the backboard with one hand while taking quarters off it with his left hand. That would require a vertical leap far surpassing anything on record.
In his autobiography, Kareem said Earl was the best player he ever played against and called him the best small man NYC had ever produced.
The Utah Stars(ABA) coach invited Earl to a try-out camp, but he left after several days. He said he quit, and the coach said he cut him. He negotiated with the Globetrotters, but it's thought that he was reluctant to leave NY and his heroin dealers. His addiction caught up with him, and he died young. The courts at 98th St. are known as The Goat Courts and still attract the best playground players in the nation.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
Thanked by
unJon
December 13th, 2023 at 11:01:41 AM permalink

Are you familiar with Earl "The Goat" Manigault?
Another story had his leaping ability performing seemingly impossible feats. He was listed as between 5-11 and 6-1, and he is said to have been able to leap up, put a dollar on the top of the backboard with one hand while taking quarters off it with his left hand.
link to original post

love this pic
looks like his feet are up in the air at least 18 inches higher than the other guy______________{-:\
there are quite a few playground legends (but not the equal of Earl} mostly from big cities who definitely could have used up some NBA pros - but never did - for many different reasons

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 14th, 2023 at 2:53:06 AM permalink
Draymond Green's greatest hits
he clocked a guy a couple of days ago
the 3rd time this season he's been ejected and suspended
this time he was suspended indefinitely
imo he needs to be warned - one more time and he's gone for good

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
December 14th, 2023 at 6:09:43 AM permalink
RIP to ABA and NBA all star, hall of famer George McGinnis, passed at 73.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 16th, 2023 at 4:01:12 AM permalink
pretty mindblowing
Aaron Rodgers praising the use of the hallucinogenic drug ayahuasca
he states that he and his teammates have benefitted greatly from it
it's been made legal in the states of Oregon and Colorado but is still illegal under Federal law
ayahuasca is a psychedelic brew made from various Amazonian plants

for a superstar athlete to come out and state this - wow - it's a Brave New World

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jun/22/ayahuasca-48-touchdowns-mvp-rodgers-says-psychedelics-helped-nfl-career

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 16, 2023
DRich
DRich
December 16th, 2023 at 6:44:14 AM permalink
College football is back. Lots of good games today. I am particularly interested in the Avocados from Mexico Bowl.

Another game that I am looking forward to is Grizz vs Bison at 4:30pm on ESPN2.
Last edited by: DRich on Dec 16, 2023
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
lilredrooster
December 16th, 2023 at 7:49:19 AM permalink

RIP to ABA and NBA all star, hall of famer George McGinnis, passed at 73.
link to original post

Scoring machine! Mac could really palm the ball almost like Dr. J or the Hawk, has that funky one hand jumper.

DRich
DRich
December 16th, 2023 at 7:50:46 AM permalink
There are six NFL teams playing today and five of them have a 7-6 record. I love the parity in NFL football.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 60
December 16th, 2023 at 8:16:52 AM permalink

There are six NFL teams playing today and five of them have a 7-6 record. I love the parity in NFL football.
link to original post

well yeah,but wasn’t the last NFL game a 63-24 blowout? At halftime it was 42-0. This is a very strange league at times
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 22nd, 2023 at 3:50:29 AM permalink
the Dodgers will reportedly sign Japanese star pitcher Yoshinobu Yamamoto to a 12 year $325 million contract

he gets great reviews but he's never thrown a single pitch in the MLB

adding this to their contract with Ohtani will push their free agent spending this winter to more than $ ONE BILLION

https://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/id/39165813/japanese-star-yoshinobu-yamamoto-agrees-join-dodgers-sources-say

billryan
billryan
Thanked by
lilredrooster
December 22nd, 2023 at 8:17:05 AM permalink
Yamamoto is generously described as 5-10. Two pitchers under six feet tall have made the Hall of Fame in the last sixty years.
Only a handful of pitchers in MLB right now are under six feet, and they go on the injured list about 50% more than their taller compadres.
On the contrary, pitchers under six foot had an ERA half a run lower than pitchers 6 foot six or over. Long-term stats indicate the perfect height for a pitcher is between 6'2" and 6'4".
There is a lot of debate over this. Shorter pitchers like Ron Guidry, Tim Lincicum, and Fernando Valenzuela have all had dominant seasons but not long careers.
Here is hoping the tax-Dodgers shoot themselves in the foot with these deals.
DRich
DRich
December 22nd, 2023 at 8:52:18 AM permalink

Here is hoping the tax-Dodgers shoot themselves in the foot with these deals.

I wish just the opposite. I hope they are very successful because then the other teams will have to act accordingly and raise the pay of all the union members.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 23rd, 2023 at 3:56:36 AM permalink
pretty enjoyable to watch the highlight of Yamamoto
of course every pitch in the vid he throws is a strike
I'm no expert on pitching
but he definitely seems impressive
lots of movement on the ball

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 23, 2023
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 29th, 2023 at 4:27:44 AM permalink
Jeremy Sochan shoots free throws using just one hand
I've never seen this before
his % is far from great - but has improved greatly from his rookie season when he started out 11 for 24

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 60
December 30th, 2023 at 6:08:43 PM permalink
Is this the beginning of the end for College Bowl games?

Georgia 63, Florida State 3 is the head-liner for a stinkfest of bowl games with outcomes that are representative of nothing. The systematic change is top players/starters opting out of these games in large numbers, making them more meaningless than ever. They are becoming analogous to NFL pre-season games.

The slippery slope is this:
Players don't care --> fans don't care and ratings drop --> ESPN doesn't care and payments for rights drop ---> Bowls stop

This may spell doom for the much-anticipated Victoria Secrets Tampon Bowl and others like it.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
unJon
unJon
December 30th, 2023 at 6:49:22 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Is this the beginning of the end for College Bowl games?

Georgia 63, Florida State 3 is the head-liner for a stinkfest of bowl games with outcomes that are representative of nothing. The systematic change is top players/starters opting out of these games in large numbers, making them more meaningless than ever. They are becoming analogous to NFL pre-season games.

The slippery slope is this:
Players don't care --> fans don't care and ratings drop --> ESPN doesn't care and payments for rights drop ---> Bowls stop

This may spell doom for the much-anticipated Victoria Secrets Tampon Bowl and others like it.
link to original post

Hard to see how you stop this. Hard to unring the NIL and transfer portal bells. I predict we eventually get a 24 team playoff in response. 8 teams with buys. 23 games in total replacing the slate of bowls.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2023 at 6:52:14 PM permalink
An NFL player who sat out a playoff game because he is an upcoming free agent would quickly be an ex-NFL player.
Football is a team sport, and players owe much of their success to their teammates. Walking out on them in a big game should be considered cowardly. A generation ago, Marvin Barnes was a superstar. He'd gotten in trouble and was set to serve a several-month sentence in jail. He announced he would enter jail the day after the regular season ended. The NBA told him if he sat out the playoffs, he would be suspended indefinitely.
I suppose this shuts down the Florida government's attempts to sue the NCAA for FSU not making the playoffs.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 30th, 2023 at 7:04:29 PM permalink

An NFL player who sat out a playoff game because he is an upcoming free agent would quickly be an ex-NFL player.
Football is a team sport, and players owe much of their success to their teammates. Walking out on them in a big game should be considered cowardly. A generation ago, Marvin Barnes was a superstar. He'd gotten in trouble and was set to serve a several-month sentence in jail. He announced he would enter jail the day after the regular season ended. The NBA told him if he sat out the playoffs, he would be suspended indefinitely.
I suppose this shuts down the Florida government's attempts to sue the NCAA for FSU not making the playoffs.
link to original post

These kids sign contracts for the NIL money. I’m surprised it’s not made (somewhat) contingent on them actually participating in the games.
FSU literally should have forfeited saying they don’t have enough bowl caliber players rather than embarrass themselves like they did.
I think the nadir was Ohio State’s offense.
billryan
billryan
December 30th, 2023 at 7:34:46 PM permalink
Tighten up the transfer portal or, better yet, eliminate it. It's obsolete. These guys are not student-athletes. They are paid employees whose job responsibilities include going to class. An offensive lineman who sticks around for four years will make $500,000 or more before starting his career as a gym coach. Do the job you were hired for. Talk to an insurance agent if you don't want to risk your future earnings.
The NCAA broke the Bowl system. Now they need to fix it. There's too much money in it for everyone to let it die.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 31st, 2023 at 1:17:15 PM permalink
a couple of slams that are in the running for the most amazing dunks I've ever seen from a college player who is not really well known; although he did very well at Notre Dame
Jerian Grant circa 2013
he's only 6'5" -
he's way, way up there - unreal - fun to listen to the commentators freak out as they watch it

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Dec 31, 2023
DRich
DRich
December 31st, 2023 at 2:54:02 PM permalink

I think the nadir was Ohio State’s offense.

Lucky you, their starting QB just transferred to Syracuse. Although the team was 11-1 with him at QB, he was merely average.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
December 31st, 2023 at 3:36:07 PM permalink

a couple of slams that are in the running for the most amazing dunks I've ever seen from a college player who is not really well known; although he did very well at Notre Dame
Jerian Grant circa 2013
he's only 6'5" -
he's way, way up there - unreal - fun to listen to the commentators freak out as they watch it

link to original post

Former veteran NBA player Harvey Grant’s son (Horace is his uncle), brother Jerami is a starting forward for Portland.
  • Jump to: