2 votes (3.12%)
1 vote (1.56%)

64 members have voted

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 6th, 2023 at 9:09:10 AM permalink
The reorganization of the college conferences is all about concentrating the available revenue from TV on a smaller number of schools -the schools that are a significant media draw.

I suspect that in 8 or ten years we will see conferences start to expel schools that are dead weight so they don't need to share TV revenue with them. Schools like Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Miss State, Arizona State, Iowa State.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
August 6th, 2023 at 9:54:23 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

The reorganization of the college conferences is all about concentrating the available revenue from TV on a smaller number of schools -the schools that are a significant media draw.

I suspect that in 8 or ten years we will see conferences start to expel schools that are dead weight so they don't need to share TV revenue with them. Schools like Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Wake Forest, Miss State, Arizona State, Iowa State.
link to original post

I wouldn't think Northwestern would get tossed as they bring in the Chicago market. Arizona State brings in Phoenix which is still a reasonably valuable market.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
August 6th, 2023 at 11:52:45 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

link to original post

I wouldn't think Northwestern would get tossed as they bring in the Chicago market. Arizona State brings in Phoenix which is still a reasonably valuable market.
link to original post

I don't disagree. I just casually threw those college names out there. People armed with the right info would make these value judgments. However, a game like Purdue-Northwestern doesn't have much value beyond a small local region, IMO. Or Vanderbilt vs anybody. The SEC-CBS contract required that CBS show at least one game with each member college of the SEC, and CBS hated that they had to show Vanderbilt. The question is: which schools just dilute the value of the product you are selling?
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
August 10th, 2023 at 2:46:42 AM permalink
ESPN is jumping into the sports betting bandwagon big time with something they call "ESPN Bet"

now everybody will soon be able to enjoy watching and tracking losing picks from ESPN "experts"_____________________-:)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/08/business/espn-penn-entertainment-gambling.html

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 10, 2023
Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
August 10th, 2023 at 5:42:22 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

ESPN is jumping into the sports betting bandwagon big time with something they call "ESPN Bet"

now everybody will soon be able to enjoy watching and tracking losing picks from ESPN "experts"_____________________-:)

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/08/08/business/espn-penn-entertainment-gambling.html

link to original post

ESPN is not really entering the sports betting business, they are basically just selling their name to Penn for their new app. It will still be great for the industry as people with think they are betting with ESPN.and ESPN should make a lot of money from the agreement.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 10th, 2023 at 5:59:59 AM permalink

link to original post

ESPN is not really entering the sports betting business, they are basically just selling their name to Penn for their new app. It will still be great for the industry as people with think they are betting with ESPN.and ESPN should make a lot of money from the agreement.
link to original post

my bad - my op was a bad one - I didn't realize - just searched it - ESPN guys have been making picks all along

double bad - and actually - I looked at some of their picks for the NFL last season - week 16 - and they gave very compelling and intelligent reasons for their picks

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 10, 2023
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 11th, 2023 at 2:19:52 AM permalink
in his new book Billy Walters claims that golf legend Phil Mickelson wagered over $1 billion on sports

and sustained losses of about $100 million______________𝙒𝙊𝙒___________!!!!!

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/10/golf-legend-phil-mickelson-wagered-more-than-1-billion-over-decades.html

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
August 12th, 2023 at 7:56:08 AM permalink
Jon Singleton was once one of MLB's brightest prospects. He was signed to the largest contract ever given to a player without experience.
He was suspended twice for smoking pot while in the minors and then received a third 100-game suspension while playing for the Astros. He was released and out of baseball for several years before attempting a comeback.
From the low minors to the Mexican League, Singleton outperformed on every level, but it took him eight years to work his way back to the show. Last night, he hit his first big league in eight seasons, the longest gap between home runs in MLB history.
It's been estimated that Mr. Singleton has missed out on over a hundred million in salary because of his propensity to smoke pot.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
August 13th, 2023 at 8:18:55 AM permalink
The first week of pre-season pro football is almost over. The rookie QB's have had their first action.
Results:

Bryce Young: 3 series; 4 of 6 passing = 21 yds.

C J Stroud: 2 series; 2 of 4 passing = 13 yds.

Anthony Richardson: 7 of 12 passing = 67 yds. ; 1 pic

Max Duggan: 19 yds. passing; 20 yds. rush

Stetson Bennett: played 2 and 1/2 quarters: 17 for 29 passing = 191 yds.; one TD no pics
On one series, Bennett was sacked on first down for a 12 yd loss, and on 2nd and 22 he passed a laser and picked up the 1st down. He played very well, not mistake free, but looked good and confident.

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 121
August 13th, 2023 at 5:49:07 PM permalink
I don’t think I’m under the influence of any hallucinogens. I’m watching ‘professional pillow fighting’ on ESPN. Like any sport, there is a set of rules, a referee, judges scoring the fight…. The woman’s division is coming up next….
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 14th, 2023 at 3:02:09 AM permalink
DC hoops memories
the greatest college player ever who was born and raised in DC
Austin Carr - 61 points in an NCAA Tournament game
a record that still stands today more than 50 years later
no 3s back then - if there were - he prolly would have had 75
I saw his Mackin team end Dematha's very, very long reign as the no. 1 h.s. hoops team in the DC area
Dematha, known for its great defense, had no chance at all of slowing down Carr - he was way, way too much for them
a few years earlier Dematha had become nationally famous by beating Lou Alcindor's (Jabbar) NYC Power Memorial h.s. team
Austin came to our local hoops playground a couple of times - what a thrill it was to see him there
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 14, 2023
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
August 14th, 2023 at 7:58:46 AM permalink
You can have your Dr. J’s and Icemen, for my money NOBODY palmed the ball like The Hawk, Connie Hawkins.
billryan
billryan
August 14th, 2023 at 8:29:59 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

You can have your Dr. J’s and Icemen, for my money NOBODY palmed the ball like The Hawk, Connie Hawkins.
link to original post

I'd read and heard about Hawkins but never seen him play until the NBA playoffs in his rookie year. It was a Sunday afternoon when The Suns took on the Lakers. Hawkins took on Wilt, Elgin Baylor, and Jerry West almost singlehandedly. I remember a sequence where Hawkins swooped in to block a layup, brought the ball downcourt, and dunked over Wilt.
It's a shame the NBA blackballed him for all those years.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 14th, 2023 at 9:09:34 AM permalink
the internet imo is a junkyard - a scammers paradise - but hey - YT has got some great stuff
they've got a ton of stuff on this amazing dude - even when he was in h.s. and on the Globetrotters
if you take the time to watch some of it you'll see him go over top of Wilt, Jabbar - yeah, he was truly incredible

billryan
billryan
August 14th, 2023 at 9:27:47 AM permalink
There was a game fairly late in his career where he went up for a right-handed dunk only to have a Knick defender come out of nowhere to block it. At the last second, Connie somehow switched hands and dunked left-handed as the Knick swatted at nothing. It was a meaningless bucket in a regular season game, but even Knick fans went crazy.
Jimmy2Times
Jimmy2Times
  • Threads: 2
August 14th, 2023 at 2:00:09 PM permalink
Was it an urban legend or was it true that Hawkins had an extra joint on each of his fingers (e.g., three functioning joints on each finger after the knuckles)?
I 'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
billryan
billryan
August 14th, 2023 at 3:09:15 PM permalink
Quote: Jimmy2Times

Was it an urban legend or was it true that Hawkins had an extra joint on each of his fingers (e.g., three functioning joints on each finger after the knuckles)?
link to original post

I've never heard that.
billryan
billryan
August 14th, 2023 at 3:17:01 PM permalink
Someone went 12 for 12 on a parley for over $90,000. They bet eleven MLB games and won them all. The 12th bet was an NFL preseason game. Imagine having $93,000 on the line and your fate is in the hands of a bunch of third-stringers and guys who'll be looking for a new job next week.
Jimmy2Times
Jimmy2Times
  • Threads: 2
August 14th, 2023 at 3:20:55 PM permalink
Yeah, probably just a playground/urban legend. Did find this:

https://howtheyplay.com/team-sports/14-NBA-Players-With-the-Most-Impressive-Hand-Sizes
I 'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 14th, 2023 at 4:09:52 PM permalink
who could ever forget Pistol Pete_______?_________not me

when I watch this - it's like - this isn't really basketball - this is an artistic performance -

mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
rainman
August 14th, 2023 at 4:41:27 PM permalink
Connie Hawkins was such a cool cat that when he retired he said “they either got to lower the rim or raise the floor, because The Hawk can soar no more.”
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
August 14th, 2023 at 5:21:00 PM permalink

Connie Hawkins was such a cool cat that when he retired he said “they either got to lower the rim or raise the floor, because The Hawk can soar no more.”
link to original post

Never heard that, pretty awesome.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 15th, 2023 at 2:21:22 AM permalink
I wondered if MLB totals were an efficient market when the totals are set high or low

doing no handicapping - using covers.com - the final line which they show the day after the game - I've tracked the entire 2023 MLB season when the total was set at 7.5 or lower

below are the results for about the first half of the season

the over won the first half - going 134-100 - 57.6% - I also tracked 50 games of the previous season when the total was 7.5 or lower and got the over winning 29-21 - almost the exact same %

I have continued to track and the results have continued to be very strong - over on all MLB games this season that were offered at 7.5 or less is now 156-114 - still at 57.7% - this equates to an r.o.i. of 10.2% for anybody who bet the over on all these games -

I don't really know the reason for this - don't want to make a guess - but if I had to guess I would guess the books are pushing the line down beyond what it really should be knowing more bettors will bet the under when there is a very strong pitcher or pitchers

I also tracked the o/u when the total was set high - at 9.5 or greater - I tracked about 100 games and found nothing interesting - no edge to be found

unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
August 15th, 2023 at 5:20:21 AM permalink

I wondered if MLB totals were an efficient market when the totals are set high or low

doing no handicapping - using covers.com - the final line which they show the day after the game - I've tracked the entire 2023 MLB season when the total was set at 7.5 or lower

the over won the first half - going 134-100 - 57.6% - I also tracked 50 games of the previous season when the total was 7.5 or lower and got the over winning 29-21 - almost the exact same %

I have continued to track and the results have continued to be very strong - over on all MLB games this season that were offered at 7.5 or less is now 156-114 - still at 57.7% - this equates to an r.o.i. of 10.2% for anybody who bet the over on all these games -

I don't really know the reason for this - don't want to make a guess - but if I had to guess I would guess the books are pushing the line down beyond what it really should be knowing more bettors will bet the under when there is a very strong pitcher or pitchers

I also tracked the o/u when the total was set high - at 9.5 or greater - I tracked about 100 games and found nothing interesting - no edge to be found

link to original post

Did your data also show if the O/U was -110? In baseball totals I routinely see -115, -120, -130, etc on one side or the other of the total before they move it a half point.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 15th, 2023 at 5:51:48 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

Did your data also show if the O/U was -110? In baseball totals I routinely see -115, -120, -130, etc on one side or the other of the total before they move it a half point.
link to original post

Also can be -105, +100. But certainly must be looked at before coming to any conclusion.

I’ve been betting the over on these consistently without doing a deep dive. Adding the starting pitcher’s era’s doesn’t factor in unearned runs, relief pitcher foibles, or extra innings. I remember a game which was tied at 3 -3 that each team scored a few runs in extra innings. A lucky cover.

But good work, LilRed
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 15th, 2023 at 6:14:35 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

link to original post

link to original post

good point
no, I didn't consider that - that would have been just too much work
I figured it would all average out to be -110 - but I could be mistaken and the r.o.i. could be considerably less - but still, I believe profitable
I just looked at DraftKings o/u for today - the worst payout they had on any o/u was -122

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 15th, 2023 at 6:25:10 AM permalink
I don't even bet anymore - what's the point - I'd have to bet many thou to really make a difference in my finances and I don't wanna do that

but I love doing this kind of tracking

in this one I also did not track if the lines were different than -110 every time - but I just scoped out DraftKings very early lines for the NBA and they're all set at -110 and the one WNBA game for today is also set at -110

the most potentially profitable tracking that I've done is of the NBA

this was doing no handicapping at all other than home/away records

a bettor might even be able to improve on this by at least seeing if a star is out of action with an injury and eliminating that game

the NBA and also college hoops is different than the other major sports because NBA home teams wins 62.5% of their games - a much higher % than any other major sport

college hoops teams win a little higher % at home I believe

I wanted to see if the record of great home teams ats was very good and if terrible away teams would have a horrible away record ats

for the last season I only considered teams that were great at home winning over 67% of their home games

and teams that were horrible away losing over 67% of their away games

as you can see from the link their were 6 teams that had great home records winning over 67% of their home games - Bucks, Celtics, 76ers, Cavaliers, Nuggets and Grizzlies

all 6 of these teams also had a great home ats record - winning 143 games and losing 97 ats - winning 59.5% for an impressive 13.73% r.o.i.

there were 3 teams with terrible away records losing more than 67% of their away games - Rockets, Spurs, and Pistons

every one of those 3 teams also got crushed ats when away

they lost 79 times and won 47 times - losing 63.8% ats of the time and giving the bettor who bet against them every time a fantastic 19.7% r.o.i.

of course, you can't know at the beginning of the season which teams will be great at home and which teams will be horrible away

but you can know it by mid-season at the All Star break and the % will likely follow for the entire year

we're talking about teams that are great at home with an overall home record such as 32-9 -

and teams that are horrible away with an overall away record such as 8-33

I could not find records such as this for other years - but it is a fairly significant sample size - over 350 games total - of course there's never a guarantee - I will for sure track this next season

pushes were not considered

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/against-the-spread/

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 15, 2023
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
August 15th, 2023 at 11:38:33 AM permalink
The History channel has a series: The Mega-Brands That Built America

Episode 3 is about how various sports got started/popular and centers around Spalding and Wilson and how they built their brands and helped change and catapult sports into what it is today.

All the _______ That Built America series are very good IMO.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
August 15th, 2023 at 12:11:33 PM permalink
If I had to pick five players for an all-time college basketball team, my first player would be Pete Maravich.

I haven't thought about it much, but I imagine I would also pick Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlin. So many other great players, not sure who I would pick for the other two (based only on college performance.)
DRich
DRich
August 15th, 2023 at 12:18:07 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

The History channel has a series: The Mega-Brands That Built America

Episode 3 is about how various sports got started/popular and centers around Spalding and Wilson and how they built their brands and helped change and catapult sports into what it is today.

All the _______ That Built America series are very good IMO.
link to original post

\

I watched about six episodes of that on Sunday.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 15th, 2023 at 12:28:40 PM permalink

If I had to pick five players for an all-time college basketball team, my first player would be Pete Maravich.

I haven't thought about it much, but I imagine I would also pick Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Wilt Chamberlin. So many other great players, not sure who I would pick for the other two (based only on college performance.)
link to original post

I wouldn't want to try and pick - so many great ones

would just wanna say Bill Russell should not be left out
easy to forget his college career because it was so long ago
he averaged more rebounds per game than Chamberlain did in college and prolly blocked more shots - they didn't keep stats on them back then

he won 2 national championships with USF including winning 55 straight games
one game he had 26 rebounds, 27 points and 20 blocks

Bill Russell, I believe, is the only top ranked hoops superstar ever, who was acknowledged as such for defense, not offense

he had a truly amazing career in college and in the pros especially in terms of winning Championships

he holds the record with 11 NBA Championships including 8 straight and 2 as a player coach

he should never be left out or forgotten

billryan
billryan
August 15th, 2023 at 12:38:10 PM permalink

link to original post

Bill Walton
Lou Alcindor
Bill Russell
Pete Maravich
David Thompson

Far too many modern-era players do the one-and-done to even be considered, IMHO. Thompson played in the no dunking era which was like playing with one hand behind his back.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 15th, 2023 at 1:17:19 PM permalink
Give me Ralph Sampson and Oscar Robertson. 3 national player of the year awards that’s gotta be top 5 despite no title. So Alcindor, Walton or Chaimberlain, Sampson, Maravich and Robertson I guess.

If judging by single season/peak then Bird and Magic come into play. I’d think you’d actually include Bird on any of these 5 man teams of the guys mentioned if you were playing them together in a game as he’s the best off the ball player of the group, Maravich only one close as a shooter.

Sampson kinda makes an ideal complimentary player when you’re putting him alongside Alcindor or Walton as well.
So gotta put them on the floor and play them together?
PG: Maravich
SG: Oscar or Magic
F: Bird
F: Sampson
C: Alcindor

Oh and if you didn’t already know, NONE of those guys could palm a ball like The Hawk.
Last edited by: mcallister3200 on Aug 15, 2023
DRich
DRich
August 15th, 2023 at 1:44:00 PM permalink

Oh and if you didn’t already know, NONE of those guys could palm a ball like The Hawk.

I had no idea Andre Dawson could palm a basketball.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
August 15th, 2023 at 1:52:15 PM permalink
Billy Barty is in my top 5.

tuttigym
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 15th, 2023 at 2:03:01 PM permalink
amusing to remember that before 1972 freshmen could not play varsity

Lou Alcindor (Jabbar) and Oscar had to play on the freshman team_____________________(-:\

DRich
DRich
August 15th, 2023 at 2:19:08 PM permalink
I just read a list of the richest former NFL players. Number one surprised me and I would have never guessed it. My guess for number one was Roger Staubach but he was number two.with about a $600 million net worth.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 15th, 2023 at 2:51:01 PM permalink
Walton outscored Sampson by a lot
outrebounded him by a lot
and shot a much higher FG %
and had many more assists
Walton was way better than Sampson
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 15, 2023
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
August 15th, 2023 at 4:41:14 PM permalink

Walton outscored Sampson by a lot
outrebounded him by a lot
and shot a much higher FG %
and had many more assists
Walton was way better than Sampson
link to original post

Well, now that you put it that way…you’re right. And of course Russell too.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
August 15th, 2023 at 10:53:43 PM permalink

I just read a list of the richest former NFL players. Number one surprised me and I would have never guessed it. My guess for number one was Roger Staubach but he was number two.with about a $600 million net worth.
link to original post

I had no idea about Staubach or Fran Tarkenton stories. I did guess the richest though his NFL career is easily forgotten.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 16th, 2023 at 2:30:22 AM permalink
just about everybody knows that the abilities of athletes improves over time
tour h.s. hoops now and you can see lots of 5'11" dudes who can do spectacular dunks
that would be unheard of 60 years ago

here is a story of the phenomenal abilities of a couple of today's college football players -

Nyckoles Harbor - S.C. Wide Receiver

from the article:

"At 6 feet 5, 243 pounds, the prized former five-star recruit is insanely fast.

Harbor put up some eye-catching track times in high school, clocking a 10.22-second 100-meter dash, a 6.64 in the 60 and a 20.63 in the 200. In training with the Gamecocks this summer, Harbor hit 22.9 miles per hour on the GPS.

Earlier this month, I asked one of his coaches at South Carolina, Jody Wright, who has coached in the NFL and with Alabama — where he worked with both Julio Jones and Derrick Henry — how he compares. “I would say a taller Julio with a Derrick Henry-type build is a great comparison,” Wright says. “He has the potential to develop into a mismatch nightmare with his size and speed.” Harbor is much taller and heavier than both former Alabama stars, and yet his 100 time in high school was almost a full second faster than both of theirs"

unreal - like totally - imagine being hit by this guy when he's running full speed

his h.s. time in the 100 meters is only .24 seconds off the world record time

https://theathletic.com/4768413/2023/08/15/bruce-feldman-college-football-freaks-list/

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 16, 2023
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
August 16th, 2023 at 7:15:37 AM permalink

just about everybody knows that the abilities of athletes improves over time
tour h.s. hoops now and you can see lots of 5'11" dudes who can do spectacular dunks
that would be unheard of 60 years ago

here is a story of the phenomenal abilities of a couple of today's college football players -

Nyckoles Harbor - S.C. Wide Receiver

from the article:

"At 6 feet 5, 243 pounds, the prized former five-star recruit is insanely fast.

Harbor put up some eye-catching track times in high school, clocking a 10.22-second 100-meter dash, a 6.64 in the 60 and a 20.63 in the 200. In training with the Gamecocks this summer, Harbor hit 22.9 miles per hour on the GPS.

Earlier this month, I asked one of his coaches at South Carolina, Jody Wright, who has coached in the NFL and with Alabama — where he worked with both Julio Jones and Derrick Henry — how he compares. “I would say a taller Julio with a Derrick Henry-type build is a great comparison,” Wright says. “He has the potential to develop into a mismatch nightmare with his size and speed.” Harbor is much taller and heavier than both former Alabama stars, and yet his 100 time in high school was almost a full second faster than both of theirs"

unreal - like totally - imagine being hit by this guy when he's running full speed

his h.s. time in the 100 meters is only .24 seconds off the world record time

https://theathletic.com/4768413/2023/08/15/bruce-feldman-college-football-freaks-list/

link to original post

This article was behind a paywall so I couldn't read it and don't know if it mentions Joe Milton.

Joe Milton is the starting QB for Tennessee this year. Observers rave about his throwing arm. In practice he has thrown a football over 100 yards in the air. That's from one endzone into the other endzone. Brett Favre used to be an object of astonishment for his ability to throw a football 70+ yards. And I think Milton is roughly the same size as Nychols Harbor: 6'5" and 240 lbs.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 16th, 2023 at 7:44:06 AM permalink
before 1972 freshmen could not play varsity
prolly only 4 or 5 freshmen on scholarship at the big name schools
in their sophomore year 9 or 10 of last year's freshmen could not move up to varsity - the varsity only graduated 4 or 5 each year
no scholarship and no upwards move to varsity
they were just slightly above average h.s. players
but some of them got to be on the same team as some of the great ones

this is another one of those college football "freaks" from that article:

Mazi Smith - Michigan Defensive Tackle

"The 6-foot-3, 337-pound senior has rare power and agility. So rare, in fact, it’s hard to find the right superlative to begin with. But let’s start with this: Smith does 22 reps on the bench press, but that’s with 325 (not 225). He close-grip benched 550 pounds. He vertical-jumps 33 inches. He broad-jumped 9-4 1/2. Smith, who had 37 tackles last season, has clocked a 4.41 shuttle time, which would’ve tied the best by any defensive tackle at this year’s NFL Scouting Combine, and it would’ve been better than any defensive tackle weighing 310 pounds or more in the past decade. His 6.95 3-cone time would’ve been by far the fastest among defensive tackles in Indianapolis."

scary guy - I wouldn't want to be a RB facing him - I'd call in sick____________________(-:\

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Aug 16, 2023
DRich
DRich
August 17th, 2023 at 9:20:53 AM permalink
Last night in Major League Baseball we had both an inside the park home run and a player successfully stealing home. Maybe the first time those have ever happened on the same day in MLB.
billryan
billryan
August 17th, 2023 at 11:03:12 AM permalink

Last night in Major League Baseball we had both an inside the park home run and a player successfully stealing home. Maybe the first time those have ever happened on the same day in MLB.
link to original post

That was a strange inside-the-park job. Where was the leftfielder? The ball was hit down the right field line and took a wicked bounce off the sidewall, ricocheting past both the right fielder and the centerfielder who was backing up the play.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
August 17th, 2023 at 5:14:48 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

That was a strange inside-the-park job. Where was the leftfielder? The ball was hit down the right field line and took a wicked bounce off the sidewall, ricocheting past both the right fielder and the centerfielder who was backing up the play.
link to original post

Pretty sure the inside the parker was to the right center field side of center field. The center fielder was near the ball, and the left fielder was running hard to possibly get to a carom. But it caromed ridiculously hard off a brick wall and then the fence and then way past the left fielder. If the runner needed to he could have touched home plate and went to first base without being thrown out.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Thanked by
AxelWolflilredrooster
August 17th, 2023 at 8:12:17 PM permalink
Say what you will, but I say Shawn Kemp is to in game dunks what Jimi Hendrix is to the guitar. Him and his fellow Sonics star Gary Payton are both now in the cannabis business, coincidentally.

DRich
DRich
August 18th, 2023 at 4:47:11 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: billryan

link to original post

link to original post

Pretty sure the inside the parker was to the right center field side of center field. The center fielder was near the ball, and the left fielder was running hard to possibly get to a carom. But it caromed ridiculously hard off a brick wall and then the fence and then way past the left fielder. If the runner needed to he could have touched home plate and went to first base without being thrown out.
link to original post

Yes, that was probably the "easiest" inside the park home run that I have seen. Almost all others I remember have a contested play at the plate.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 18th, 2023 at 5:33:02 AM permalink
one of the biggest upsets in the history of boxing
Hollyfield opened up in the betting as a 25/1 underdog
in the rematch Tyson was disqualified for biting off a piece of Hollyfield's ear
YT always delivers the goods________𝟴𝟲 𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙫𝙞𝙚𝙬𝙨 on this baby

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
August 19th, 2023 at 8:10:51 AM permalink
can you believe this__________?

this is 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙚

this little dude - Aquille Carr - is only 5'6"

• Jump to: