2 votes (3.12%)
1 vote (1.56%)

64 members have voted

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
December 11th, 2022 at 6:36:43 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Speaking of military, this song always makes me emotional.

link to original post

I met Barry twice. Once when he was doing a book signing tour and once in his home in Guatemala. A fascinating guy. He was in the Air Force for a tour and when he got out he didn't like civilian life so he joined the Army and became a Special Forces medic. He stepped on a punji stick coated in human feces and it got badly infected. He says the song came to him while laying in a hospital bed. When he recovered, the Army sent him on publicity tours rather than let him do the job he trained for so he left when his enlistment was up. He killed a man in Nashville and got sentenced to thirty days in jail.
He became a fairly successful author, mainly writing books about the Roman soldier who mocked Jesus at his crucifixion and was damned to walk the earth until Jesus returns.
A year or so after I met him at his home, he was shot in the head. Although witnesses at the scene described a suspicious foreigner arguing with him, it was officially ruled he accidentally shot himself. He lingered for months but died eventually.
While I read and enjoyed his Casca novels as an ROTC cadet, I re-read one a few years ago and it wasn't very good.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 11th, 2022 at 7:29:10 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

NBA is a sham league now. They had a game advertised as Nets Pacers last night. You know, the Nets who pre season were one of the favorites to win it all with a roster of Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving, Ben Simmons, Joe Harris, Seth Curry, Nic Claxton. The Nets suited up NONE of them! The Pacers are SO bad that they lost to the G League team the Nets fielded, but that’s not the point. Some schmuck last month bought 2 tix for $400 to see the Nets stars and was swindled. I bet they are all magically healthy to play in the Nets next game.

Rant over.
link to original post

Rant resumes. I left out Royce O’Neal. The Nets sat their TOP SEVEN players!
billryan
billryan
December 11th, 2022 at 7:44:46 AM permalink
Yahoo says they sat out eight of their top players. They did win, so it's not as if they fielded a non-competitive team.
Everyone seems to agree the NBA schedule is a grind, and players need time off. I guess the question is, do you rest them at home and deprive your fans of seeing your stars, or do you rest them on the road and deny the other team's fans? As home games tend to be more competitive, I'd rest them on the road. Coaches/GMs are responsible to their team and fans, not the fans in another city. I don't have a solution other than extend the season a few weeks to space out games better or play fewer games.
I, for one, hope I never have to choose between watching Game Seven of the NBA finals and the MLB All-Star game.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
December 11th, 2022 at 10:20:35 AM permalink
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/12/09/caleb-williams-heisman-dmv/
gordon888; If you page down on this link, in the middle of the story in the middle of the page is a narrative entitled "Freeze latest character in college football's wildest soap opera." It is informative, compelling, eye-opening, and insightful about a program you may currently embrace. Providing this thread with a similar story would, for me, provide credibility of your assertions against the University of Alabama.

tuttigym
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
odiousgambit
December 12th, 2022 at 7:47:03 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

It seems like a lot TO YOU! Most would be stunned if it is even a one score difference at the final whistle. But that’s what gambling is! Put down your $100 and post when you get paid your $2200! As a matter of fact, I’ll put up $100 against some Starbucks drink when we next meet. Just answer in this thread before kickoff….
link to original post

the 'NO' is -10,000 which to me says they aren't really interested in taking action on "no OT"

But Soopoo is it seems. Purdue just upset #8 Michigan State btw

the oddsmaker is basically saying there is something like a 1 in 23 chance there will be overtime ... except of course it is really much better, he thinks, but he's only paying 22:1, and not interested in action on 'no OT' IMO.

Now I am not saying I doubt the oddsmaker, necessarily, but am asking if OT in college ball is quite that rare.

I think a bet would be fun, so you are on, with conditions. I'll posit that your drink has to be $5* or less. If we fail to meet up within a year we agree to settle by Paypal and I'll stick to the $5. I am taking YES on OT and you are taking "NO OT" on the Ohio State/Michigan State game on 11-13-21. I pay for a Starbucks drink $5 or less if I lose and you pay $100 if you lose

We have met before, as I think you remember. I have your cell no. and you should have mine.

* I get a better deal at 22:1 , betMGM ....but less fun.

googled: Here are the 5 most expensive Starbucks drink.

$148.99 Super Venti Flat White. The most expensive Starbucks coffee served was a Super Venti Flat White. ...
$102.15 Caffé Americano. ...
$102.04 White Mocha Frappuccino. ...
$101.50 White Mocha Frappuccino. ...
$92.55 Rewards Drink.
link to original post

This is the reason it is stupid for me to make on line bets! OG just pm’d me to arrange for his payment to me for this bet I won! I frankly had no recollection, EVEN AFTER re-reading it! OG wants to pay me now, but I will wait until we meet again, and if we don’t, then thats too bad for me!
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 12th, 2022 at 7:51:46 AM permalink
Bulls Hawks NBA last night. SEVEN points scored with 1 second remaining. Trae Young hits 2 pointer as clock hits 1 second. Remarry Derozan is fouled (Bogdonovich gets stupidest play of the month award) and hits 3 free throws with .5 seconds on clock. Hawks player catches in bounds pass and tosses it in for 2 points to win game!
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 12th, 2022 at 8:06:10 AM permalink

Remarry Derozan

???
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
December 12th, 2022 at 8:11:50 AM permalink
Greetings!

This article was kind of fun:

https://wizardofvegas.com/article/teams-getting-great-value-for-their-qbs/

The subject matter is NFL Teams with new Week 1 starting quarterbacks (exception to DeShaun Watson) who are getting the best VALUE out of their guys relative to the season so far. I list the five worst quarterbacks, in terms of value, and the two best. Enjoy! If you have any disagreements or statements, either this thread or the article itself is fine.

Thank you for reading, should you choose.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 12th, 2022 at 11:56:06 AM permalink

Remarry Derozan

???
link to original post

Effing spellcheck. Demar Derozan.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
December 12th, 2022 at 12:13:10 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Greetings!

The subject matter is NFL Teams with new Week 1 starting quarterbacks (exception to DeShaun Watson) who are getting the best VALUE out of their guys relative to the season so far. I list the five worst quarterbacks, in terms of value, and the two best. Enjoy! If you have any disagreements or statements, either this thread or the article itself is fine.

link to original post

Wow. You basically list 7 QBs who all were failures. Trubusky couldn’t hold off Pickett. Mariota got benched for I can’t even remember who! And those are the two ‘winners’ you list!

I think BY FAR the worst one is Russell Wilson. The draft capital they gave up is staggering. And Wilson has led the Broncos to an historically bad season offensively! With that trade it’s hard to see the Broncos even being a .500 team in the near future! And I think the contract is structured for Wilson in such a way that he is ‘uncuttable/untradeable’ for at least two more years.
I hope you are right in Watson being worse, but overall, even if he is accused of attacking a dozen Cleveland area massage therapists, and convicted, from a football standpoint that wouldn’t be worse than giving up that truckload of draft picks that Denver did.
Mission146
Mission146
December 12th, 2022 at 1:54:36 PM permalink

Greetings!

link to original post

Wow. You basically list 7 QBs who all were failures. Trubusky couldn’t hold off Pickett. Mariota got benched for I can’t even remember who! And those are the two ‘winners’ you list!

I think BY FAR the worst one is Russell Wilson. The draft capital they gave up is staggering. And Wilson has led the Broncos to an historically bad season offensively! With that trade it’s hard to see the Broncos even being a .500 team in the near future! And I think the contract is structured for Wilson in such a way that he is ‘uncuttable/untradeable’ for at least two more years.
I hope you are right in Watson being worse, but overall, even if he is accused of attacking a dozen Cleveland area massage therapists, and convicted, from a football standpoint that wouldn’t be worse than giving up that truckload of draft picks that Denver did.
link to original post

I think failure is a strong word for a few of them; keep in mind that the top five listed are all the WORST value QB’s, so we’re not listing the top of the crop!

Also, other than Wilson and Watson (past performance and future potential), you’re generally not going to end up with a brand new Week 1 starting QB because you have stability at the position or managed to acquire a franchise QB, so they should generally be below average starters in these situations.

If Trubisky was any cheaper he’d be free. Also, even after yesterday’s performance, he has a better quarterback rating for the season than Pickett. More than that, Mason Rudolph, who has not taken a regular season snap, is making more than Trubisky this season.

They got decent production out of Mariota for the price.

Also, is Mariota benched? He’s started every game so far this season and has thrown fifteen TD to nine picks, so I don’t know why he would be benched. Atlanta had the bye Week 14.

I agree that it’s looking like Wilson will be the worst acquisition, but keep in mind the values were for SO FAR this season. As of the time it was written, Watson had appeared in one game and had a very poor performance.

Thank you for the read! It seems you enjoyed it, so I’ll consider it a successful article so far!
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
Mission146
December 12th, 2022 at 1:57:50 PM permalink

Also, is Mariota benched? He’s started every game so far this season and has thrown fifteen TD to nine picks, so I don’t know why he would be benched. Atlanta had the bye Week 14.

They announced they are giving the starting job to Ridder (former Cincy QB).
Mission146
Mission146
December 12th, 2022 at 1:59:36 PM permalink

link to original post

Thank you; I was not aware of that. That seems like a strange choice given Mariota’s performance thus far and the fact that the NFC South is so putrid that the Falcons could reasonably take the division, but I suppose the coaches know more than I do.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Thanked by
Mission146
December 12th, 2022 at 8:22:29 PM permalink

link to original post

Thank you; I was not aware of that. That seems like a strange choice given Mariota’s performance thus far and the fact that the NFC South is so putrid that the Falcons could reasonably take the division, but I suppose the coaches know more than I do.
link to original post

15 TD and 9 INTs is BAD performance after 13 games now in the NFL. Not bottom of the league, but not even top 2/3. I don’t think you’d have a tough time finding 21 QBs you’d rather have than Mariota. I’d start with Baker Mayfield!
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
Mission146
December 13th, 2022 at 4:30:09 AM permalink

I’d start with Baker Mayfield!

I believe Mayfield had the lowest starting QB rating in the league with the Panthers. I don't know why, but I am rooting for him.
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
Mission146
December 13th, 2022 at 6:29:15 AM permalink

I’d start with Baker Mayfield!

I believe Mayfield had the lowest starting QB rating in the league with the Panthers. I don't know why, but I am rooting for him.
link to original post

I liked his commercials. I was hoping the Giants would draft him but am glad they passed on him. I wish him well.
Mission146
Mission146
December 13th, 2022 at 7:11:47 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

15 TD and 9 INTs is BAD performance after 13 games now in the NFL. Not bottom of the league, but not even top 2/3. I don’t think you’d have a tough time finding 21 QBs you’d rather have than Mariota. I’d start with Baker Mayfield!
link to original post

Marcus Mariota:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Total QBR: 15th
QB RATE: 21st
Touchdowns: T-16th
Completions: 27th
Passing Yards: 24th
TD Percentage: 13th
Completion Percentage: 31st
Net Yards per Passing Play: 15th

With that, it depends on the stat, but as an overall QB, it would seem he is basically middle tier or low end of middle tier. In terms of QBR and QB RATE, he is definitely in the top 2/3 of the league, if only barely in the latter category.
Mission146
Mission146
December 13th, 2022 at 7:14:13 AM permalink
My next article is a list of five quarterbacks who have declined based on the season so far:

https://wizardofvegas.com/article/qb-who-have-substantially-declined/

I think a couple of these you would expect to see on this list, but let me know who you would take off the list and you they would be replaced with, if you like.

This mostly compared QB's to career numbers, so I had an easy time with a few of my selections. Kyler Murray is relatively young (fourth year), so I did my best to make a case for including him, but his decline is mainly season-over-season and could be a return to expectation for him with last season just being a standout year.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Mission146
December 13th, 2022 at 7:20:54 AM permalink
Kyler Murray looks to be done for the season being injured in last night's game.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Mission146
Mission146
December 13th, 2022 at 7:38:26 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Kyler Murray looks to be done for the season being injured in last night's game.
link to original post

That's unfortunate, but if so, I guess this list will hold up as far as he goes. Actually, Stafford is probably out for the remainder, as well, and I don't see any of the other QB's listed turning it around with four games left. The article was written before any Week 14 games were played, exception only the Thursday night game.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
December 14th, 2022 at 2:08:43 AM permalink

The World Cup Semifinal today - Morocco vs. France is more than just a game

all kinds of emotions swirling around

France's colonial domination of Morocco lasted almost half a century - from 1912 to 1956

happening today - 2:00 p.m. Eastern - almost equal odds on the 2 teams

I'm all about Morocco

Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
December 14th, 2022 at 4:53:33 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

France's colonial domination of Morocco lasted almost half a century - from 1912 to 1956

I'm all about Morocco

link to original post

I will be rooting for Morocco but have no interest in watching. I generally root for the underdogs and I know you said they were about even, but the fact an African team has never made it this far makes them an underdog in my mind.
DRich
DRich
December 14th, 2022 at 5:41:03 AM permalink
No discussion of Mike leach passing away? What an interesting dude. Not only a very innovative football coach but a historian that also has a law degree from Pepperdine.

R.I.P.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 14th, 2022 at 5:58:24 AM permalink

I'm all about Morocco

link to original post

Not sure where you are looking at odds.
Odds have France winning at around 78% chance.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 14th, 2022 at 6:32:29 AM permalink

I'm all about Morocco

link to original post

link to original post

I read it wrong - my bad - according to covers.com DraftKings right now has France is at -145 and Morocco is at + 120

https://www.covers.com/soccer/world-cup/odds

DRich
DRich
December 14th, 2022 at 6:34:02 AM permalink
Alex Ovechkin scores goal numbers 798, 799, and 800 last night for a very memorable hat trick. If he plays four more years he may catch Gretzky for first place on the list of all time goal scorers.
billryan
billryan
December 14th, 2022 at 7:12:56 AM permalink

Alex Ovechkin scores goal numbers 798, 799, and 800 last night for a very memorable hat trick. If he plays four more years he may catch Gretzky for first place on the list of all time goal scorers.
link to original post

When I started following hockey, getting to 500 goals was a huge and historic occasion. Then again, getting 50 goals in a season was historic, as well.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 14th, 2022 at 7:18:49 AM permalink

I'm all about Morocco

link to original post

link to original post

I read it wrong - my bad - according to covers.com DraftKings right now has France is at -145 and Morocco is at + 120

link to original post

You don’t even know what you are looking at! Morocco is +1200, not +120. But that is to win the World Cup, not just the match today.
To ‘advance’, which means win, either in regulation, extra time, or by shootout, France is -410.

The -145 you quote is for France to win, but only in the first 90 minutes plus stoppage time. And it’s a stale line as well. The current line on Draft Kings is now -180.

I’m hoping you don’t actually bet!
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 14th, 2022 at 7:35:06 AM permalink

I'm all about Morocco

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

You don’t even know what you are looking at! Morocco is +1200, not +120. But that is to win the World Cup, not just the match today.
To ‘advance’, which means win, either in regulation, extra time, or by shootout, France is -410.

The -145 you quote is for France to win, but only in the first 90 minutes plus stoppage time. And it’s a stale line as well. The current line on Draft Kings is now -180.

I’m hoping you don’t actually bet!
link to original post

I don't know anything about soccer or soccer betting -

just betting on Morocco because my heart is with them because of the history thing

haven't bet yet - looks like the line is moving to make betting on Morocco a better deal - might be wrong about this too - but will wait a little bit and bet on them to beat France, not to win the World Cup - never had that in mind

sometimes a really dumb bettor will win - that's what I'm hoping for - like those who bet 25/1 shots at the track

billryan
billryan
December 14th, 2022 at 7:50:38 AM permalink
Follow your heart.
In another forum where I post, there is a massive debate over Morocco. Is it an Arab country? Is it an African country? Evidently, this game has geopolitical ramifications, and the entire world order may collapse unless France wins.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 14th, 2022 at 9:14:07 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Follow your heart.
In another forum where I post, there is a massive debate over Morocco. Is it an Arab country? Is it an African country? Evidently, this game has geopolitical ramifications, and the entire world order may collapse unless France wins.
link to original post

My first honeymoon was to south of Spain and Morocco. They called it ‘Imperial cities’ tour. Fez, Marrakech, Casablanca, Meknes, Rabat. Wonderful trip. It felt like a totally Arab country. My then wife had long, thick, braided blond hair. I can’t describe how much she stood out in the crowds there!

We were there in January. Not too hot, not cold. Good food. Great sights. I would have been rooting for Morocco except for my pre tournament bet on France to win it all!

If you want to bet on Morocco to just ‘win’, be careful to place the bet on ‘Morocco to advance’. If you don’t do it that way, then you lose your bet if they win in Extra Time or a shootout. (And not to belabor this too much, but Stoppage time and Extra time are not the same!)
billryan
billryan
December 14th, 2022 at 9:29:08 AM permalink
I have no dog in the fight as I don't give a hoot about the WC or soccer in general. I just find it amazing so many comic collectors are so passionate about either country or the ripple effect a soccer game may have.
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
  • Threads: 94
December 14th, 2022 at 6:47:12 PM permalink
Read first article in the link below (most other articles are interesting, too):
12-year-old football player...
DRich
DRich
December 15th, 2022 at 5:09:13 AM permalink
Quote: ksdjdj

Read first article in the link below (most other articles are interesting, too):
link to original post

I doubt that this is true. He would have been an internet sensation before now if this was true. We would have heard of him at least three years ago. His "mother" is so proud her son is an internet celebrity, this doesn't sound like most mothers.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
December 15th, 2022 at 5:09:53 AM permalink

link to original post

No way that guy is 12
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 15th, 2022 at 7:11:51 AM permalink

1984 - NCAAB Championship

ferocious defender Michael Graham jams one with authority (great, great pic) as Georgetown ends Houston's run and turns Akeem the Dream's dream into a nightmare

he was a scrub - he only averaged 14 minutes per game and he only averaged 5 pts. and 4 bounds per game - but Thompson promoted him during the Final Four and he excelled and was named to the All Final Four team - the only other Georgetown player to be honored that way was Patrick Ewing

Michael had a lot of problems and flunked out of Georgetown - but he'll always have this to remember and cherish

billryan
billryan
December 15th, 2022 at 7:21:38 AM permalink

ferocious defender Michael Graham jams one with authority (great, great pic) as Georgetown ends Houston's run and turns Akeem the Dream's dream into a nightmare

he was a scrub - he only averaged 5 pts. and 4 bounds per game - but Thompson promoted him during the Final Four and he excelled and was named to the All Final Four team - the only other Georgetown player to be honored that way except for Patick Ewing

Michael had a lot of problems and flunked out of Georgetown - but he'll always have this to remember and cherish

link to original post

I saw him play in Rochester in the late 1980s. Before the game, I noticed him meeting fans and signing autographs but didn't realize who he was. He was the best player on the court but he only played about 15 minutes. That is a great cover.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
December 15th, 2022 at 8:06:54 AM permalink

he was a scrub - he only averaged 14 minutes per game and he only averaged 5 pts. and 4 bounds per game - but Thompson promoted him during the Final Four and he excelled and was named to the All Final Four team - the only other Georgetown player to be honored that way was Patrick Ewing

link to original post

Blue suit at the press table; missed the whole play.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
December 15th, 2022 at 11:47:01 AM permalink

link to original post

I doubt that this is true. He would have been an internet sensation before now if this was true. We would have heard of him at least three years ago. His "mother" is so proud her son is an internet celebrity, this doesn't sound like most mothers.
link to original post

(snip)
Quote: vegas

No way that guy is 12
link to original post

Supposedly he is ~10 y.o. in the last photo (see "Jeremiah Johnson in 2020").
Last edited by: ksdjdj on Dec 15, 2022
Ace2
Ace2
  • Threads: 32
December 15th, 2022 at 1:18:34 PM permalink
Bovada has the final as dead even with a 31% chance of a draw
It’s all about making that GTA
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
ksdjdjMission146
December 15th, 2022 at 2:43:29 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

(snip)

No way that guy is 12
link to original post

link to original post

I have taught and coached all levels of kids in several different sports and school settings.

I believe he IS 12 years old. I coached a sixth grader in basketball who was 6'3" tall gangly but coordinated, and, of course, dominated the other sixth graders.

I have coached middle school football with 13 year old offensive linemen at or above 5'10" and over 200 lbs and not fat.

If you look carefully at the picture of the 12 yr old, his arms are NOT well developed or cut. His body is that of a 12 yr old while his head seems to be quite large. For me, his physical appearance is NOT that unusual. Puberty in the warmer climates arrives quite early sometimes.

In the Georgia State HS FB championships, one of the teams had a freshman quarterback who was 15 yrs old and could make all the throws. In the state finals, he threw for over 300 yds. I believe his season totals wre over 3500 yds. To put it mildly, he was quite incredible.

tuttigym
ksdjdj
ksdjdj
Thanked by
Mission146
December 15th, 2022 at 4:41:27 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

link to original post

link to original post

(snip)

No way that guy is 12
link to original post

link to original post

I have taught and coached all levels of kids in several different sports and school settings.

I believe he IS 12 years old. I coached a sixth grader in basketball who was 6'3" tall gangly but coordinated, and, of course, dominated the other sixth graders.

I have coached middle school football with 13 year old offensive linemen at or above 5'10" and over 200 lbs and not fat.

If you look carefully at the picture of the 12 yr old, his arms are NOT well developed or cut. His body is that of a 12 yr old while his head seems to be quite large. For me, his physical appearance is NOT that unusual. Puberty in the warmer climates arrives quite early sometimes.

In the Georgia State HS FB championships, one of the teams had a freshman quarterback who was 15 yrs old and could make all the throws. In the state finals, he threw for over 300 yds. I believe his season totals wre over 3500 yds. To put it mildly, he was quite incredible.

tuttigym
link to original post

I had at least one class-mate in year 7 at school (12-13 was the most likely age in that year) and he was "big and tall", probably about 6ft (in any case taller than most of the male teachers').
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 16th, 2022 at 3:40:15 AM permalink

not a lot of horseplayers here - until the KY Derby - anyway

the most popular bet in racing is to Win - but it's very risky - the fave overall will lose about 2 out of 3 times - betting horses who are not the fave - the bettor may well lose 75% of his bets or more

for some, including me, that kind of win % is just too skimpy

I like a method of scaling bets to get a higher % of profitable bets

if you bet 5 times as much to Show (many think of Show as a wimpy bet - I don't care what they think - it serves my purpose) - you will still likely have a profit if your horse is priced at 5/2 or higher and he finishes 3rd or 2nd - unless it's a very small field - it should be a field of at least 8

of course, you will sometimes still lose your entire wager - but much less often

and when your horse does win you will still feel like doing a fist bump - and you'll still have a nice profit - if not as much as if you bet only to win

there is some good news for horseplayers
Kentucky tracks have recently adopted penny breakage
if the track doesn't have penny breakage if you bet a horse to place and the calculation was to payout $2.99 on a $2.00 bet they will usually only pay back $2.80
a long time ago tracks decided to "keep the change" - and justified this by saying it would take mutual tellers too long to deal with all that change
KY tracks will now pay back the full $2.99
which means, in my example, the profit realized has increased by almost 25%

AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
December 16th, 2022 at 4:44:07 AM permalink
https://twitter.com/i/status/1024675935172341765
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
December 16th, 2022 at 4:44:12 AM permalink
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
DRich
DRich
December 16th, 2022 at 4:57:34 AM permalink
For those of you that watched the 49'ers vs Seahawks last night, there were 70 passes and 0 interceptions. Seems pretty rare these days.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
December 16th, 2022 at 5:24:13 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

link to original post

hilarious - the dude is a true professional - and no doubt a huge long term winner_____________(~:/

unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
December 16th, 2022 at 5:49:42 AM permalink

For those of you that watched the 49'ers vs Seahawks last night, there were 70 passes and 0 interceptions. Seems pretty rare these days.
link to original post

Well there was a pick 6 called back on a pretty questionable roughing call.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 16th, 2022 at 8:08:51 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

link to original post

Requesting Axel be suspended for posting video of me without my permission.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
December 16th, 2022 at 8:16:08 AM permalink
I may be focusing on this too much. But last night there was another game in which NBA stars didn’t play for ‘scheduled rest day’ or ‘load management’ or whatever they want to call it. I’m trying to remember the last time a healthy Alex Ovechkin, Sydney Crosby, Patrick Kane, Cale Makkar, etc.. didn’t play. In baseball there is the occasional rest day, but it usually has some ‘righty/lefty’ reason. I understand once you’ve been eliminated from playoff contention, you want to see how your rookies/other subs can do. But these are mid season games.

Tage Thompson is GREAT.
  • Jump to: