Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
  • Threads: 104
September 7th, 2017 at 7:51:26 PM permalink
Sweet, thanks! The Rams should have carried over from last year, I would have thought. Maybe LV Insider didn't have the periods in there last year?
Vultures can't be choosers.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
Thanks for this post from:
RisingDough
September 7th, 2017 at 8:48:00 PM permalink
FULL DISCLOSURE:

In the interest of Full Disclosure, I would like to say that JPLOT submitted an illegal Pick on the Chiefs/Patriots game prior to the start of the game. He actually submitted Picks before I posted the Lines.

Pursuant to Rule #3, only Picks for Sunday/Monday games will be considered.

Fortunately for JPLOT, I had opened his PM (by mistake) because I am not accustomed to not opening PM's yet. Besides that, I didn't expect the PM to contain any Picks as I had not yet posted the Lines.

I opened the PM prior to Halftime and notified JPLOT of the illegal Pick.

I am giving JPLOT the opportunity to submit five new Picks rather than use the Skip Week. While I will not disclose what his Pick was, I will say that it was an illegal Pick and would not have counted anyway. Had I not noticed it until Sunday, JPLOT would have used his Skip Week this week.

However, it offers JPLOT no advantage to get to submit a LEGAL set of Picks provided he does it by Sunday @ 10:00a.m., other than he will not be forced to use his Skip Week. Either way, he is picking from the same games as everyone else. I feel like it would be Draconian to force him to use his Skip Week this week as I did catch the error prior to Sunday.
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
September 7th, 2017 at 9:06:57 PM permalink
Gee What a bad year for Miami. I mean first Hurricane Irma and noW Looks like New England Patriots will go undefeated in NFL
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
September 7th, 2017 at 9:12:39 PM permalink
Quote: sixsisters

Gee What a bad year for Miami. I mean first Hurricane Irma and noW Looks like New England Patriots will go undefeated in NFL

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't have the game on.
sixsisters
sixsisters
  • Threads: 0
September 7th, 2017 at 9:49:00 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you don't have the game on.

OMG, how can this be ? HaHa
GenWyzgy
GenWyzgy
  • Threads: 3
September 8th, 2017 at 8:49:38 AM permalink

(My favorite post of the year!!!)

Greetings!

The Week 1 Lines are as follows:

Buccaneers (-2.5) @ Dolphins (+2.5) O/U 41.5

Due to hurricane Irma, this game has been rescheduled for week 11. If possible, you might want to remove it from your original post so no one bets it!
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
September 8th, 2017 at 10:03:41 AM permalink
Done and thank you!
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
Thanks for this post from:
RisingDough
September 8th, 2017 at 12:03:31 PM permalink
Week 1 picks submitted... I can already see it now... Romes: 0-6.

lol fun to analyze and yell at the TV/ESPN app... so good luck everyone!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Mission146
Administrator
Mission146
September 9th, 2017 at 4:56:50 AM permalink
Update

Greetings!

1.) The PM Reminders for Week 1 have been sent to everyone who has not yet submitted Picks.

1a.) Previous players also received a Reminder if they have not yet paid but DID OPEN the original invitation PM that was sent to them. My reasoning is that with all of the server trouble, maybe they meant to sign up for the game, but had difficulty logging in. There were some times there when you could log in and do, like, one thing and as soon as you went to do something else you couldn't.

1b.) Previous players who received an Invitation that has not yet been opened DID NOT receive a reminder. My reasoning on that is that they probably don't log in very much anymore, if at all, or received the PM (knew what it was) and just didn't care to open it.

2.) We have one new sign up since I last tallied everyone, so add $25 to the First Place prize I posted earlier for how much that will be. I'll do a final official update on that after I have posted the Week 2 Picks, because all Entry Fees will have been received by then, or if not, the person/people isn't/aren't playing and any Entry Fees would be returned.

Let's have another fun season!

ADDED:

3.) Also, you guys can do what you like, but that marks my final effort to try to attract more players. There's really nothing else for me to do, at this point. Like I said, the timing of the server trouble really sucked for this game and I think we would have had a not unreasonable chance of hitting fifty players, otherwise. It would have at least been close.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Sep 9, 2017
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 89
September 9th, 2017 at 5:18:25 AM permalink

FULL DISCLOSURE:

JPLOT

(Other son of SOOPOO). He thought the Pats were a lock.......

• Jump to: