Thread Rating:

tuttigym
tuttigym
Joined: Feb 12, 2010
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 1411
October 25th, 2022 at 12:36:52 PM permalink
The LA Times and Q-Anon two highly reputable sites for really accurate information.

Down the road, if Trump were to be elected, highly speculative mind you, not really a good thing, IMO, because he would immediately become a lame duck, and the media firestorm to follow would take up all the oxygen in the media air regardless of intentions or accomplishments.

tuttigym
JackSpade
JackSpade
Joined: Aug 26, 2022
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 233
October 25th, 2022 at 12:37:23 PM permalink
Newsom vows to finish four-year term if reelected governor
Asked directly by co-moderator Marisa Lagos if he would commit to serving all four years if he’s reelected, Newsom said “yes.”
https://www.kcra.com/article/newsom-vows-finish-four-year-term-reelected-governor-during-debate-dahle/41746765#

Why do politicians feel the need to lie about their presidential ambitions? Newsom is going to be re-elected governor regardless. He could have given some wishy-washy statement about how right now he's focused on governing California. Instead he specifically committed himself to finishing out a four-year term.

How do we know he's lying? Because the odds don't lie:
https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7057/Who-will-win-the-2024-Democratic-presidential-nomination

Meanwhile:
DeSantis Dodges Question on Running for President
https://www.newsweek.com/desantis-dodges-question-running-president-governing-florida-1754384
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 4623
October 25th, 2022 at 1:00:59 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I haven't seen The Purge, but have you seen the armed militias intimidating people at the polls?



Cosplaytriots

Gravy Seals

Meal Team Six

Y'all Qaeda

I think there's a few more I've forgotten...
JackSpade
JackSpade
Joined: Aug 26, 2022
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 233
October 25th, 2022 at 3:26:42 PM permalink
Who will be Senate majority leader on Feb. 1, 2023?
https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/7544/Who-will-be-Senate-majority-leader-on-Feb-1,-2023

Seems like McConnell is overpriced here. Even if Republicans gain control of the Senate, is "Leader McConnell" inevitable?

Trump and MAGA types loathe him. To the average American, he's just another 80-year old face of Washington, D.C.'s gerontocracy alongside Biden and Pelosi.

How many times is power going to flip back and forth between Schumer and McConnell before either party figures out that voters are sick of this same old/same old routine? Apparently one more time at least. But if Trump makes a series of public demands joined by conservative talk radio hosts, Tucker Carlson, etc. to ditch Mitch, I think there are better than currently reflected odds that McConnell won't be Majority Leader.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange 
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 81
  • Posts: 3651
October 25th, 2022 at 3:33:57 PM permalink
Do these MAGA politicians even care about how the Senate works? It will be chaos and lawlessness. Might have to lock the doors and shut down DC for good.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 4623
October 25th, 2022 at 3:34:00 PM permalink
Get ready for Biden to be impeached 2-3 times over the next two years.

Probably in 2023 alone.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 436
  • Posts: 26029
October 25th, 2022 at 3:37:17 PM permalink
I find it odd Nancy Pelosi keeps saying the Congress, both the House and Senate Igoing to remain Democrat when she knows better than anybody that in an off-year election they almost always switch parties and why would this year be any different especially with whose in office being such a low popularity president and we're going thru a huge recession and there is inflation in every industry. What does she know that we don't know about this election. Could be 2020 all over again, could be a done deal. You get away with something once it emboldens you to do it again. There's a reason Al Gore could scream that the election was stolen from him in 2000, and Hillary Clinton to this day claims that it was stolen from her in 2016, Stacey Abrams claims every other day that the gubernatorial election was stolen from her in Georgia, yet if you mention 2020 being anything but the most straightforward election in the history of the world you're canceled. Very very odd. Somebody is hiding something and they don't want it to get out. My bet is not on anybody.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5872
October 25th, 2022 at 3:41:50 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I find it odd Nancy Pelosi keeps saying the Congress, both the House and Senate Igoing to remain Democrat when she knows better than anybody that in an off-year election they almost always switch parties and why would this year be any different especially with whose in office being such a low popularity president and we're going thru a huge recession and there is inflation in every industry. What does she know that we don't know about this election. Could be 2020 all over again, could be a done deal. You get away with something once it emboldens you to do it again. There's a reason Al Gore could scream that the election was stolen from him in 2000, and Hillary Clinton to this day claims that it was stolen from her in 2016, Stacey Abrams claims every other day that the gubernatorial election was stolen from her in Georgia, yet if you mention 2020 being anything but the most straightforward election in the history of the world you're canceled. Very very odd. Somebody is hiding something and they don't want it to get out. My bet is not on anybody.
link to original post



Nancy Pelosi also said Donny would never be president all throughout 2016, so maybe don’t listen to her?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 4623
October 25th, 2022 at 3:51:20 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I find it odd Nancy Pelosi keeps saying the Congress, both the House and Senate Igoing to remain Democrat when she knows better than anybody that in an off-year election they almost always switch parties and why would this year be any different especially with whose in office being such a low popularity president and we're going thru a huge recession and there is inflation in every industry. What does she know that we don't know about this election. Could be 2020 all over again, could be a done deal. You get away with something once it emboldens you to do it again. There's a reason Al Gore could scream that the election was stolen from him in 2000, and Hillary Clinton to this day claims that it was stolen from her in 2016, Stacey Abrams claims every other day that the gubernatorial election was stolen from her in Georgia, yet if you mention 2020 being anything but the most straightforward election in the history of the world you're canceled. Very very odd. Somebody is hiding something and they don't want it to get out. My bet is not on anybody.
link to original post



Wait, are conspiracy theories allowed in this thread now?

Because I think some good Lizard People chat would lighten the mood....
JackSpade
JackSpade
Joined: Aug 26, 2022
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 233
October 25th, 2022 at 3:57:15 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Do these MAGA politicians even care about how the Senate works? It will be chaos and lawlessness. Might have to lock the doors and shut down DC for good.
link to original post



If McConnell isn't coronated Leader again, there will be chaos and lawlessness? There are no alternatives who could both satisfy Trump and keep the Senate in order?

  • Jump to: