Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 26th, 2022 at 10:06:55 AM permalink
"Patriots" were encouraged to gather today at the Arizona Capital to protest the recent election. In an attempt to build the crowd, a free BBQ and entertainment were provided.
Some evil person rented a school bus and drove around picking up the homeless and brought them to the rally for free food..
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
November 26th, 2022 at 12:33:05 PM permalink
Gavin Newsom continues to stress that he is not running in 2024.

Donald Trump recently had a private dinner with noted anti-Semite Kanye West and a white supremacist named Nick Fuentes. An "unnamed source" claims that Trump said of Fuentes: "I really like this guy. He gets me." Trump's own advisors call the situation "a f*****g nightmare."
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 26th, 2022 at 1:34:32 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Donald Trump recently had a private dinner with noted anti-Semite Kanye West and a white supremacist named Nick Fuentes. An "unnamed source" claims that Trump said of Fuentes: "I really like this guy. He gets me." Trump's own advisors call the situation "a f*****g nightmare."
link to original post

Trump was tricked by Kanye West who brought Fuentes with him. Trump had no idea who he was and was called out of the room and told and then tried to get rid of everybody as quickly as possible. It doesn't matter because his time has passed, he'll be too old to be president. And he's screwed without Ivanka and Jared to advise him. His job was to get rid of Hillary Clinton and that's what he did. If Hillary had been elected the plan was to have Democrats in the White House from 2008 to at least 2028. And it almost worked. They totally underestimated Trump's ability to win and totally overestimated Hillary's ability to run a campaign.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan
November 26th, 2022 at 3:30:47 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

link to original post

Trump was tricked by Kanye West who brought Fuentes with him. Trump had no idea who he was and was called out of the room and told and then tried to get rid of everybody as quickly as possible. It doesn't matter because his time has passed, he'll be too old to be president. And he's screwed without Ivanka and Jared to advise him. His job was to get rid of Hillary Clinton and that's what he did. If Hillary had been elected the plan was to have Democrats in the White House from 2008 to at least 2028. And it almost worked. They totally underestimated Trump's ability to win and totally overestimated Hillary's ability to run a campaign.
link to original post

Sorry but that is nonsense. No one gets in the room with an ex-President without being vetted by the Secret Service. No one just pops in with a few friends.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
Thanked by
mcallister3200
November 26th, 2022 at 3:43:04 PM permalink
I really wish the Mods would get rid of all this political banter again if it does not revolve around betting.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 26th, 2022 at 3:49:44 PM permalink
Predictit currently has Desantis at $0.40 for the Republican nominee vs. Trump's $0.33. Biden is at $0.30 for the Presidency vs. Desantis' $0.29. Trump currently at $0.19.

Oddschecker.com has Desantis at +200 and Biden and Trump both at +350.

Empirestakes.com has Desantis at +225, Trump at +350, and Biden at +400.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
November 26th, 2022 at 4:17:54 PM permalink
Funny how whenever a politician is caught in a room with a fascist, or a White Supremacist or a misogynist, or a homophobe or a sex offender, the politician claims "I didn't know", as if neither they nor their staff ever heard of Google, especially since the SS can run background checks on anybody.
GenoDRPh
GenoDRPh
  • Threads: 5
November 26th, 2022 at 4:20:35 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I really wish the Mods would get rid of all this political banter again if it does not revolve around betting.
link to original post

The only open election currently is the GA US Senate runoff. Anybody want to discuss the betting odds on Warnock-Walker?
DRich
DRich
November 26th, 2022 at 4:22:42 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

link to original post

The only open election currently is the GA US Senate runoff. Anybody want to discuss the betting odds on Warnock-Walker?
link to original post

I will bet on the Oberlin Ohio Dogcatcher if given good odds.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
November 26th, 2022 at 4:40:40 PM permalink
Quote: GenoDRPh

link to original post

link to original post

I’d probably bet on Walker if given +400 or better. I guess I’d take Warnock at around -130, but I don’t think that’s close to happening.

It seems like a no bet to me.
JuliePA
JuliePA
  • Threads: 0
November 26th, 2022 at 4:58:27 PM permalink
If Biden runs in 2024 would Kamal still be the VP on the ticket ? I don't see anyway she would not be. Would she help or hinder Joe's chances ?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 26th, 2022 at 5:31:02 PM permalink
Quote: JuliePA

If Biden runs in 2024 would Kamal still be the VP on the ticket ? I don't see anyway she would not be. Would she help or hinder Joe's chances ?
link to original post

It’s pretty black and white to me. Any ‘normal’ Republican, like DeSantis, Youngkin, etc.. beats Biden/any VP, unless Trump decides to sabotage the Republican.

If Trump runs as an independent or in other ways attacks the Republican nominee then Biden/anyone beats that Republican.

If Trump is actually the Republican nominee I can see no pathway for him beating ANYONE. His base is just not big enough to win Georgia/Nevada/Wisconsin type states.

I don’t think Harris helps or hurts Biden that much. As terapined often says, ‘who cares who the VP is?’
JuliePA
JuliePA
  • Threads: 0
November 26th, 2022 at 5:40:01 PM permalink
I think people will care who the VP is with a President age 84. Most life insurance quotes stop at age 85. Since this is a gambling forum, anybody know the over/ under on Joe, as in over grass or under grass?
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
November 26th, 2022 at 5:50:01 PM permalink

I think people will care who the VP is with a President age 84. Most life insurance quotes stop at age 85. Since this is a gambling forum, anybody know the over/ under on Joe, as in over grass or under grass?
link to original post

You can look at the SSA death tables to get a prediction. But he is in solid health and has the best healthcare in the world, so it’ll be a little better than average.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
November 26th, 2022 at 7:47:46 PM permalink

link to original post

He’s 80 now. Seemingly in great shape. I’d put over/under at 91. Not scientific…..
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
November 26th, 2022 at 11:47:39 PM permalink

link to original post

People seemed who cared about the running mate was when McCain ran, at "only" 71. The fact that people feared President Palin likely contributed to his defeat.

Unfortunately, Kamala Harris' favorability ratings are about as bad as Biden's. And he can't choose a different running mate without it looking like he's throwing her under the bus. Best thing for the Dems would be for him to not run again.

A man who makes it to 82 (Biden's age at the 2025 inauguration) is expected to live another 7.4 years. SSA.gov

Quote: FinsRule

I’d probably bet on Walker if given +400 or better. I guess I’d take Warnock at around -130, but I don’t think that’s close to happening.

There are generally three ways to bet:

(1) Bet on the team/candidate you're rooting for.

(2) Bet according to the side you think gives you the best EV, regardless of whom you want to win.

(3) Bet on the outcome you don't want to happen.

#3 is the interesting part. If you bet on the outcome you don't want, then you're a guaranteed winner. You either get the outcome you want, or you get some money as a consolation prize. It's why I bet on Trump to win in 2016.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 27th, 2022 at 12:33:26 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

link to original post

link to original post

Sorry but that is nonsense. No one gets in the room with an ex-President without being vetted by the Secret Service. No one just pops in with a few friends.
link to original post

Nope, Trump had no idea who the guy was. He had to be told and by then it was too late. Please try and do research before you shoot your mouth off.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
November 27th, 2022 at 12:48:51 AM permalink
I hear Elon is going to unban millions of twitter accounts next week, then promptly ban them again with unsightly new twitter rulebots. Think I'll put my unbanned account on private for another year. Of course my twitter account could be instabanned the second it is unbanned and I can do nothing about that.

This is what I'm seeing on twitter about questions involving Dictator Musk.

RT: Ed Markey @SenMarkey
@elonmusk could respond to my tweets but failed to respond to my letter by yesterday’s deadline and answer basic questions about Twitter verification. Congress must end the era of failed Big Tech self-regulation and pass laws that put user safety over the whims of billionaires.

Earlier this month, dozens of civil rights groups advised top brands and marketing agencies to pause advertising on Twitter unless CEO Elon Musk offered serious assurances that he’d protect vulnerable users from a flood of harassment and hate speech. Now, those same groups are renewing their call for companies to cut ties with the platform, saying the site’s billionaire owner has already backtracked on the promises he had delivered in person just a couple of weeks ago.

A coalition of more than 60 organizations, led by Accountable Tech, Free Press, and Media Matters for America, are actively urging advertisers to withdraw their dollars from Twitter or to continue steering clear of it due to recent decisions and announcements by Musk that appear to green light hate speech on the platform.
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Nov 27, 2022
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 27th, 2022 at 6:12:40 AM permalink

"Patriots" were encouraged to gather today at the Arizona Capital to protest the recent election. In an attempt to build the crowd, a free BBQ and entertainment were provided.
Some evil person rented a school bus and drove around picking up the homeless and brought them to the rally for free food..
link to original post

As long as homeless people got free BBQ, I really don’t see the problem.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 27th, 2022 at 6:55:21 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Nope, Trump had no idea who the guy was. He had to be told and by then it was too late. Please try and do research before you shoot your mouth off.
link to original post

Wouldn't be surprised if Trump said he didn't know Mike Pence. Many people who have a falling out with him get that treatment.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
November 27th, 2022 at 7:11:57 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

No one gets into Mar Largo without being vetted, and especially no one gets in the same room. Trump is also saying he had no idea who Kanye's other guest was, even though she was heavily involved in running trumps campaign . If you believe him, I have a great roulette method you might want. It's brand new, only one previous owner , who only used on occasion to go candle shopping.
billryan
billryan
November 27th, 2022 at 9:25:37 AM permalink
Things are getting pretty interesting in Arizona.
The Republican lead Cochise County Election Commission refuses to certify the election results. This is despite taking an Oath of Office that requires them to follow the Arizona Constitution.
Cochise is largely Republican, and there were no problems with voting here, but the Republican commissioners feel there must be something wrong and won't certify the results.

So if they don't certify, my vote and some 60,000 others won't be counted. However, that means the person who was elected congressmen for the area will lose, as all the republican votes in Cochise go away, and the Democrat will keep her seat as she won nearby Pima county, which is heavily democratic. Taking away Cochise County means the republican who won the State Education Commissioners job will now lose, and two contests that were close enough to have a recount will no longer be recounted.
The Republican Governor, the Republican County Supervisor, and the Republican DA all warn the board what they are doing is illegal. Still, they seem determined to void the 70,000 votes they are responsible for certifying.
I may go to court to see that my vote is counted and will sue these people directly as they are not operating under the cover of the law.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 27th, 2022 at 9:29:03 AM permalink
Get big money and make it a class action lawsuit and maybe get Alex Jones as a defendant too.
billryan
billryan
November 27th, 2022 at 9:46:37 AM permalink
There are already hundreds signed up, it's a matter of who is selected as the lead. Already have dozens of attorneys lined up.
These people are screwing with democracy. We have gone to war for less, and I'll be damned before I allow someone to take my vote away.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 27th, 2022 at 9:46:42 AM permalink
Some of these headlines are so damn QAnon!
Republicans will come crawling back to Trump after he 'eats Ron DeSantis alive': Rick Wilson
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
November 27th, 2022 at 9:19:40 PM permalink
FiveThirtyEight reports polls showing DeSantis beating Biden 52-48, and Biden beating Trump 53-47. Seems about right, but still sad that Trump has that much support after trying to end democracy.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 27th, 2022 at 11:30:26 PM permalink
I'm sure COVID deaths will play a large phantom role in vote tallies 2 years from now and swing states with next to no margin will swing one way or the other just based on that. If red states want to shut down the hospitals, it won't be just one political party dying off. The SCOTUS has a case before them about Medicaid and they could end the program with their lawless rulings of late. There'd be 75 million people affected and most hospitals will go bankrupt.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
November 28th, 2022 at 12:22:09 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

I'm sure COVID deaths will play a large phantom role in vote tallies 2 years from now...
link to original post

How do you figure? The overwhelming majority of COVID deaths have already happened, and the results we just saw in the midterms had COVID deaths baked in.

A better question might be, did COVID deaths affect the midterms? I think the answer is, "If so, then not much,", because:

(1) Only 62% of the adults voted in 2020, and in 2016 it was only 55%.

(2) Most of the COVID deaths were older people and/or had pre-existing conditions; a huge chunk of them would have died in a few years even without COVID.

(3) It's certainly not the case that 100% of the people who died from COVID would have voted red. Sure, the tally would *skew* red (b/c Republicans were less likely to wear masks and get vaccinated), but it's likely just a skew, not a "almost everyone" kind of thing.

Let's take a look at Georgia: 41,024 COVID deaths to date. Yes, that's slightly more than the 36,465-vote difference between Warnock and Walker in the recent senate race. But you can't just add all the COVID deaths to Walker's total, for the reasons mentioned above.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 28th, 2022 at 12:58:18 AM permalink
'Grady isn't going anywhere' | Grady Hospital, now Atlanta's lone Level 1 trauma center, reaffirms commitment to city
The hospital released a statement Monday night as Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center officially closed.
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/local/grady-hospital-atlanta-reaffirms-commitment-amc-closes/85-3d6fd524-48aa-4c2b-83c0-c21ca9d60835
DRich
DRich
November 28th, 2022 at 4:54:55 AM permalink
Quote: MichaelBluejay

The overwhelming majority of COVID deaths have already happened, and the results we just saw in the midterms had COVID deaths baked in.

I don't know if that is true. There are still around 350 Covid deaths a day in the U.S. If that number continues for seven years it will outnumber the current US Covid deaths.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
November 28th, 2022 at 6:06:58 AM permalink

I don't know if that is true. There are still around 350 Covid deaths a day in the U.S. If that number continues for seven years it will outnumber the current US Covid deaths.
link to original post

There were only 10 reported deaths yesterday, but even at 350/d for 7Y, that would still trail the already-dead significantly.
billryan
billryan
November 28th, 2022 at 8:05:04 AM permalink

link to original post

There were only 10 reported deaths yesterday, but even at 350/d for 7Y, that would still trail the already-dead significantly.
link to original post

Deaths reported on a Sunday of a holiday weekend are probably not entirely accurate.
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 28th, 2022 at 8:05:59 AM permalink

link to original post

Let's just assume for the sake of argument that Trump had no idea who Nick Fuentes was.

Fine.

He still agreed to have dinner with Kanye West, who is an equally terrible person.

Not knowing who Fuentes was doesn't exonerate Trump in the least, because he was perfectly fine hanging out with Kanye West in the first place.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
November 28th, 2022 at 8:21:16 AM permalink

link to original post

Let's just assume for the sake of argument that Trump had no idea who Nick Fuentes was.

Fine.

He still agreed to have dinner with Kanye West, who is an equally terrible person.

Not knowing who Fuentes was doesn't exonerate Trump in the least, because he was perfectly fine hanging out with Kanye West in the first place.
link to original post

I think I finally figured something out. People upset they are being called racists, need to stop worrying about what people call them and just concentrate on not doing things that get them called racist. That's the only part you can control. I mean if it really concerns you that much. Otherwise, keep doing whatever you're doing and expect the same as before.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
November 28th, 2022 at 8:38:34 AM permalink
I hate it when my Anti-Semitic guest brings along his white supremacist buddies with him. If only there was a way to prevent shitstorms like this.
What percent of the Republican base is celebrating that their leader embraced Fuentes? I'll wager it isn't a small amount. Maybe not half, but trump locked in a large percentage of the base by doing this.
DRich
DRich
November 28th, 2022 at 9:11:47 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I am just using rough numbers that I see online which says that just over 1 million have died from Covid in the U.S. I think 350 a day for seven years is very close to that number. How about 8 years? 20 years? Obviously we have no idea how many people in the U.S. will die from Covid.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
November 28th, 2022 at 10:45:18 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

Fine.

link to original post

I think I finally figured something out. People upset they are being called racists, need to stop worrying about what people call them and just concentrate on not doing things that get them called racist. That's the only part you can control. I mean if it really concerns you that much. Otherwise, keep doing whatever you're doing and expect the same as before.
link to original post

Discussing racism in an accusatory tone and implying that people in this thread are racists (who need to concentrate on not doing things that get them called racist) is neither discussion of partisan politics nor is it allowed in this forum. I admit the wording in this post is a bit vague (presumably by intention so as to avoid suspension) but this post is hateful in tone, accusatory and controversial. Subject to review by other administrators, I am going to declare this to be a Rule 19 violation and suspend rxwine for 3 days.

Whether or not this suspension stands upon review, I am asking the members to tone down the anger and judgmental contempt in their posts on this thread. This is exactly what got political speech banned in this forum in the first place.
Last edited by: gordonm888 on Nov 28, 2022
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
OnceDear
November 28th, 2022 at 10:56:28 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Discussing racism in an accusatory tone and implying that people in this thread are racists (who need to concentrate on not doing things that get them called racist) is neither discussion of partisan politics nor is it allowed in this forum. ......
link to original post

I assumed he was talking about Trump, not anyone in this thread.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 28th, 2022 at 11:10:11 AM permalink
“Apple has threatened to withhold Twitter from its App Store, but won’t tell us why.”

— Elon Musk

Twitter is now having trouble paying some employees on time
Employees hit with overdraft fees after paychecks fail to show up on schedule.

RT: The official account, Tim Cook, and other high profile Apple employee's Twitter mentions are going to be absolutely filled to the brim with the worst people alive lol Really gonna make future decision making very tough
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Nov 28, 2022
billryan
billryan
Thanked by
OnceDear
November 28th, 2022 at 11:21:47 AM permalink
Yes, please don't judge people as racists simply based on their own words or actions. Judge them by where they lived, like Gordan seems to do.
Quis cusodiet ipsos cusodes?
tuttigym
tuttigym
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
November 28th, 2022 at 11:36:36 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Quote: rxwine

link to original post

Fine.

link to original post

link to original post

Discussing racism in an accusatory tone and implying that people in this thread are racists (who need to concentrate on not doing things that get them called racist) is neither discussion of partisan politics nor is it allowed in this forum. I admit the wording in this post is a bit vague (presumably by intention so as to avoid suspension) but this post is hateful in tone, accusatory and controversial. Subject to review by other administrators, I am going to declare this to be a Rule 19 violation and suspend rxwine for 3 days.

Whether or not this suspension stands upon review, I am asking the members to tone down the anger and judgmental in their posts on this thread. This is exactly what got political speech banned in this forum in the first place.
link to original post

I personally find the post beyond ridiculous simply because I just do not know what "doing THINGS (emphasis) to get them called racist" is. Intellectually, the post is befitting middle school bathroom stall graffiti.

tuttigym
TigerWu
TigerWu
November 28th, 2022 at 12:22:05 PM permalink
Quote: tuttigym

I personally find the post beyond ridiculous simply because I just do not know what "doing THINGS (emphasis) to get them called racist" is. Intellectually, the post is befitting middle school bathroom stall graffiti.

tuttigym
link to original post

Really?? Are you serious? You can't think of ANYTHING that someone could do that might get them labeled as a racist? You have to be joking.....
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
November 28th, 2022 at 1:31:16 PM permalink
If you want to talk about racism and what are threshold actions that warrant calling someone a racist, please take that discussion to Diversity Today. Reminder: this is a thread about Election Politics.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
tuttigym
tuttigym
November 28th, 2022 at 1:38:43 PM permalink

Quote: tuttigym

tuttigym
link to original post

Really?? Are you serious? You can't think of ANYTHING that someone could do that might get them labeled as a racist? You have to be joking.....
link to original post

For what it is worth, racist "things" are in the eye of the beholder, Tiger, so first, one must define exactly what "racism" is. Then define "bigotry." Then define "prejudice." Ask 25 people to do that. My guess: they will be totally stumped.

tuttigym
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
November 28th, 2022 at 2:42:02 PM permalink

link to original post

He signs each and every one of his posts (as though that's the only way people will know who wrote it), and his comment surprises you? I was not surprised.
tuttigym
tuttigym
November 28th, 2022 at 3:01:50 PM permalink

link to original post

He signs each and every one of his posts (as though that's the only way people will know who wrote it), and his comment surprises you? I was not surprised.
link to original post

You have repeated that post perhaps three times. Why does that annoy you? Is it because it is unique?

tuttigym
billryan
billryan
November 28th, 2022 at 3:02:53 PM permalink
Cochise County refused to certify its election results. My vote and that of some 65,000 voters will not count.
Lawsuits start tomorrow.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Thanked by
MichaelBluejay
November 28th, 2022 at 3:09:16 PM permalink
Well anyway, to get this thread back on track, who has money on the Georgia runoff? Looks like Warnock is the favorite for most of the oddsmakers.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
billryanDRichJoeman
November 28th, 2022 at 5:21:21 PM permalink
Due to the low ratio of posts about gambling on elections and turn for the worse this thread has taken, I will be closing this thread around noon Pacific time tomorrow (Nov 29). If anyone has some last words to say about politics, this is your chance to get them off your chest.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 28th, 2022 at 11:11:59 PM permalink
I'm still waiting to see if seditionist vote counters will get away with it, or will they get the death penalty.
Arizona voter threatens 'violent revolution' and 'death penalty' at Maricopa election hearing - Raw Story -
https://www.rawstory.com/maricopa-election-hearing/

Google handed investigators location data for over 5,000 devices to investigate MAGA rioters: report - Raw Story -
https://www.rawstory.com/january-6-google-devices/
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Nov 29, 2022
  • Jump to: