Thread Rating:

gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
November 29th, 2022 at 7:33:34 AM permalink
Given the announcement of the closing of this thread, I will be granting rxwine early clemency at 12 noon Pacific time.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Mission146
November 29th, 2022 at 8:00:46 AM permalink
What is my vote worth?

As an American citizen, I did my duty and voted, as did some 65,000 other residents of Cochise County.
Two Republicans have decided not to certify our votes, not because of fraud here or even suspected fraud in Cochise, but because they don't like how the election was done in other parts of the state.
Today, lawyers representing myself and a group of seniors are filing suits against these two jerkwads.
What do you think is a fair price for someone stealing your vote and rendering it useless? I'm hoping we bankrupt the bastards, so no one else is tempted to pull this nonsense when an election goes against them.
I don't want to and won't profit off this, any money we win will go to charity in the county, but I'm hoping for a very very large judgment.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 29th, 2022 at 8:07:03 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

What is my vote worth?

As an American citizen, I did my duty and voted, as did some 65,000 other residents of Cochise County.
Two Republicans have decided not to certify our votes, not because of fraud here or even suspected fraud in Cochise, but because they don't like how the election was done in other parts of the state.
Today, lawyers representing myself and a group of seniors are filing suits against these two jerkwads.
What do you think is a fair price for someone stealing your vote and rendering it useless? I'm hoping we bankrupt the bastards, so no one else is tempted to pull this nonsense when an election goes against them.
I don't want to and won't profit off this, any money we win will go to charity in the county, but I'm hoping for a very very large judgment.
link to original post

What really confuses me is, according to this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/28/republicans-arizona-county-refuse-to-certify-midterm-election-results

Two more Democrats will win if Cochise County results are not certified and counted, US House Seat and State Schools Seat, according to the article.

Also, not that it changes the outcome, but won't this technically result in Hobbs defeating Lake by a larger percentage?

More than that, this is just going to add fuel to the fire of certain far left claims that the Republicans (as a whole) want to, "Overthrow Democracy," or whatever the verbiage du jour is on that line.

It really seems like some Republicans either WANT to lose, or want to eventually lead us to another Civil War; I'm not quite sure which.
Last edited by: Mission146 on Nov 29, 2022
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
November 29th, 2022 at 8:21:05 AM permalink
Goodbye, election betting thread! See you in 2024 (maybe) for more dumb arguments!
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Mission146
November 29th, 2022 at 8:24:07 AM permalink
Exactly. If I stand by and allow my vote not to count, my district will be represented in Congress by a Democrat. If the votes are counted, she loses.
The Republican who seems to have won the Education Commissioners position, who ran on banning CRT,which isn't taught anywhere in Arizona, would lose if our votes don't count.
If I stand by and do nothing, I will be better represented by like-minded folks, but if we fight for our votes, we lose those people.
No one said Democracy is easy.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 111
Thanked by
Mission146
November 29th, 2022 at 8:24:44 AM permalink
I could use a $20 million damage payout. But that's less than $200 million.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 29th, 2022 at 8:30:08 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Exactly. If I stand by and allow my vote not to count, my district will be represented in Congress by a Democrat. If the votes are counted, she loses.
The Republican who seems to have won the Education Commissioners position, who ran on banning CRT,which isn't taught anywhere in Arizona, would lose if our votes don't count.
If I stand by and do nothing, I will be better represented by like-minded folks, but if we fight for our votes, we lose those people.
No one said Democracy is easy.
link to original post

So, they're running on banning the teaching of a thing that isn't even being taught...and won?

It's good to know that public officials are very knowledgeable when it comes to fostering improvement by way of the positions they are seeking. Perhaps I will run for the state equivalent position with my campaign stance being we will absolutely NEVER allow science classes in our schools to teach Spontaneous Generation Theory. I should win in a landslide.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
November 29th, 2022 at 10:53:41 AM permalink
'Goofball' Arizona supervisors buried for handing Katie Hobbs a 'gift' with refusal to certify win - Raw Story -
https://www.rawstory.com/kari-lake-katie-hobbs-2658797573/
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1491
November 29th, 2022 at 5:02:59 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

Goodbye, election betting thread! See you in 2024 (maybe) for more dumb arguments!
link to original post

Indeed. Goodbye. I'm sure the topic will return in 2024. Reminder that you can talk about almost anything you want at DT.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
August 18th, 2023 at 7:31:54 PM permalink
This is probably a mistake, but I'll reopen this thread for purposes of discussion of election betting only. Political statements are still not allowed until we get closer to the primaries. That said, I'm looking to bet that Trump wins the GOP nomination at even money. Any takers?

Reminder -- No political statements.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
August 18th, 2023 at 10:31:50 PM permalink
Is Trump's 91 felonies political or criminal? I'll go with criminal. If you've never heard of them before, that's political.
MichaelBluejay
MichaelBluejay
  • Threads: 81
Thanked by
gordonm888
August 18th, 2023 at 11:30:00 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Is Trump's 91 felonies political or criminal? I'll go with criminal. If you've never heard of them before, that's political.
link to original post

I’d say anything (besides betting odds) that involves a political figure is political, and *certainly* if you imply that a figure has committed felonies before he’s been convicted by a court of law.
Presidential Election polls and odds: https://2605.me/p
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
August 18th, 2023 at 11:34:08 PM permalink
We'll see if the judge issues a bench warrant for the 19 indicted people who refuse to surrender for arrest including mug shots and fingerprints in Georgia next week.
I still have the indictment open in my browser, but I haven't read much but the names. TV news says the secret service has been in Georgia for weeks waiting for Trump to surrender.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23909551/23sc188947-criminal-indictment64.pdf
I think the moment of truth will be when the jail reveals Trumps' true height and weight.
*************************************************************************************************
Breaking News: Donald Trump's legal defense fund website appeared to have been taken over Friday night by someone who opposes the former president.

Visits to the Patriot Legal Defense Fund site – set up in recent weeks to help pay mounting legal bills for the former president and his allies – were met with an altered home page. A large banner reads, "Hey! America is already great."

An archived version of the same URL shows that this site was previously used to raise funds for Trump.

"In our country, everyone has to follow the rules, no matter who they are. Our Constitution, the big rule book of our nation, says that we're all equal. Nobody gets special treatment," the site now reads. "I want to talk a bit about lying. A lie is when someone doesn't tell the truth on purpose. It's like saying you ate an apple when you really ate a cookie. Lying is bad because it breaks trust. Imagine if your friends didn't believe you anymore because you lied a lot. In some cases, like when people lie to the courts or the police, it's not just bad, it's a crime."

#LockTrumpUpNow
Last edited by: ChumpChange on Aug 19, 2023
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
August 19th, 2023 at 3:05:37 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This is probably a mistake, but I'll reopen this thread for purposes of discussion of election betting only. Political statements are still not allowed until we get closer to the primaries. That said, I'm looking to bet that Trump wins the GOP nomination at even money. Any takers?

Reminder -- No political statements.
link to original post

Very generous of you, but Oddshark puts Trump at -280 to win the GOP nomination.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
August 19th, 2023 at 7:26:17 AM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

We'll see if the judge issues a bench warrant for the 19 indicted people who refuse to surrender for arrest including mug shots and fingerprints in Georgia next week.
I still have the indictment open in my browser, but I haven't read much but the names. TV news says the secret service has been in Georgia for weeks waiting for Trump to surrender.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/23909551/23sc188947-criminal-indictment64.pdf
I think the moment of truth will be when the jail reveals Trumps' true height and weight.
*************************************************************************************************
Breaking News: Donald Trump's legal defense fund website appeared to have been taken over Friday night by someone who opposes the former president.

Visits to the Patriot Legal Defense Fund site – set up in recent weeks to help pay mounting legal bills for the former president and his allies – were met with an altered home page. A large banner reads, "Hey! America is already great."

An archived version of the same URL shows that this site was previously used to raise funds for Trump.

"In our country, everyone has to follow the rules, no matter who they are. Our Constitution, the big rule book of our nation, says that we're all equal. Nobody gets special treatment," the site now reads. "I want to talk a bit about lying. A lie is when someone doesn't tell the truth on purpose. It's like saying you ate an apple when you really ate a cookie. Lying is bad because it breaks trust. Imagine if your friends didn't believe you anymore because you lied a lot. In some cases, like when people lie to the courts or the police, it's not just bad, it's a crime."

#LockTrumpUpNow
link to original post

WARNING: This and your previous post qualify as political speech. If you continue to do this, the moderators will take action against you. This thread is for discussion of betting odds, not a place for you to have a wide-ranging discussion about Donald Trump and his headline-grabbing issues.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
August 19th, 2023 at 8:18:30 AM permalink
I'm not going to bet on it, but I think Chris Christie is going to get the nomination, then lose to Biden.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
August 19th, 2023 at 11:49:11 AM permalink
I've never blocked a thread before, but I'll block this thread like I'd block Elon Musk on X.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
August 19th, 2023 at 11:58:58 AM permalink
I re-closed the thread, for obvious reasons.
  • Jump to: