Kerkebet
Kerkebet
  • Threads: 1
December 19th, 2014 at 3:47:42 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Heck, you even married one of your wives at the craps table at Caesars.

Good grief.
Nonsense is a very hard thing to keep up. Just ask the Wizard and company.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 332
December 19th, 2014 at 3:59:59 PM permalink
Quote: Kerkebet

Good grief.

No, more like "Seven out."

They divorced.

The blessed event:

"What, me worry?"
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 130
December 19th, 2014 at 4:14:45 PM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

Dice control is a myth.. period there is no such thing. But you can influence aspects of your play.

I blame Frank Scoblete for all of the arguing. He continues to use the phrase "dice control" when there is no such thing as dice control.

The only time I can control the dice is when I slide them. Yes, I can slide the dice. I demonstrated it on YouTube and that's why the Las Vegas Review Journal interviewed me about the Wynn case. But dice sliding -- the ultimate control -- is not legal, period.

No one can CONTROL dice that meet the required guidelines of the regulators in Nevada, Michigan and New Jersey (and I've interviewed all of them for various stories on TV and on my website): the dice must fly in the air, bounce off the table surface at least once and hit the back wall. Let me repeat: NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE DICE. But with a measured throw it is possible to INFLUENCE the dice.

Now ask, what is influence?

Some shooters influence the dice so that the dice don't bounce off the table. Some shooters influence the dice so that they bounce off the back wall between six inches and two feet and tumble repeatedly. And a very few shooters can influence the dice so that they softly bounce and roll to the back wall and stop.

It is those few shooters who can influence the dice so that they softly bounce and roll to the back wall and stop who have the greatest chance of getting a desired outcome. It doesn't mean they will. It only means they have a better chance. And that is the only claim a dice INFLUENCER can hope to make.

I have only seen THREE people who come close to influencing the dice so that they softly bounce and roll to the back wall and stop. ONLY THREE. And I am not one of them. And because I am not one of them I can't claim to be a winner at craps... and never have.

So once again, dice influencing is possible. Very few do it.

Note: I used to say that I knew of only TWO who could influence the dice: the surgeon from Washington and the "mystery shooter" who I saw at Caesars only once. But earlier this year I met a third -- I won't reveal his name but he is known on some of the other message boards and he was damn good with his soft throw that softly bounced and rolled to the back wall and stopped. He had several long turns with the dice when I played with him.

Now, the rest of you stop making your exaggerated claims of what you think dice influencing is supposed to be, because it is not CONTROL. It is only INFLUENCE and very few can really do it with any degree of success. Please stop pointing to worthless videos on YouTube by imposters who claim to be influencing the dice -- they are not.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 130
December 19th, 2014 at 4:50:24 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I only seem to hear these stories where the deer have lost their fear of humans

My girlfriend lives east of Pasadena near the foothills and every morning five or six deer walk through the neighborhood to eat whatever they eat on folks lawns.
Recently, one deer walked thru her house because she left the french doors open on her back patio.
Last week I was helping her into the car when I felt something warm "breathing" down my neck and when I turned around it was a deer looking at us.
When I walk her dog down the street I am sometimes followed by the deer.
They have no fear of humans in this neighborhood.
I do not know if they can throw dice.
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
December 20th, 2014 at 12:13:51 AM permalink
News Headline: Deer has 30 minute roll at ballys. Superick to disprove this, Film at 11.
get second you pig
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
December 20th, 2014 at 5:29:03 AM permalink
Quote: ontariodealer

News Headline: Deer has 30 minute roll at ballys. Superick to disprove this, Film at 11.

Was that the same deer that rolled 18 YO's in a row???
Kerkebet
Kerkebet
December 20th, 2014 at 9:49:33 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I blame Frank Scoblete for all of the arguing. He continues to use the phrase "dice control" when there is no such thing as dice control.

The only time I can control the dice is when I slide them. Yes, I can slide the dice. I demonstrated it on YouTube and that's why the Las Vegas Review Journal interviewed me about the Wynn case. But dice sliding -- the ultimate control -- is not legal, period.

No one can CONTROL dice that meet the required guidelines of the regulators in Nevada, Michigan and New Jersey (and I've interviewed all of them for various stories on TV and on my website): the dice must fly in the air, bounce off the table surface at least once and hit the back wall. Let me repeat: NO ONE CAN CONTROL THE DICE. But with a measured throw it is possible to INFLUENCE the dice.

Now ask, what is influence?

Some shooters influence the dice so that the dice don't bounce off the table. Some shooters influence the dice so that they bounce off the back wall between six inches and two feet and tumble repeatedly. And a very few shooters can influence the dice so that they softly bounce and roll to the back wall and stop.

It is those few shooters who can influence the dice so that they softly bounce and roll to the back wall and stop who have the greatest chance of getting a desired outcome. It doesn't mean they will. It only means they have a better chance. And that is the only claim a dice INFLUENCER can hope to make.

I have only seen THREE people who come close to influencing the dice so that they softly bounce and roll to the back wall and stop. ONLY THREE. And I am not one of them. And because I am not one of them I can't claim to be a winner at craps... and never have.

So once again, dice influencing is possible. Very few do it.

Note: I used to say that I knew of only TWO who could influence the dice: the surgeon from Washington and the "mystery shooter" who I saw at Caesars only once. But earlier this year I met a third -- I won't reveal his name but he is known on some of the other message boards and he was damn good with his soft throw that softly bounced and rolled to the back wall and stopped. He had several long turns with the dice when I played with him.

Now, the rest of you stop making your exaggerated claims of what you think dice influencing is supposed to be, because it is not CONTROL. It is only INFLUENCE and very few can really do it with any degree of success. Please stop pointing to worthless videos on YouTube by imposters who claim to be influencing the dice -- they are not.

Gibberish.
Kerkebet
Kerkebet
December 20th, 2014 at 9:52:58 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

No, more like "Seven out."

They divorced.

The blessed event:

Reality.

Two types of gambling addicts:

1) The ones with an income who attempt to draw everyone else into it, to their own little dysfunctional worlds; and,

2) The ones w/o an income who do it in secrecy.

Just say'n. Not to or about anyone in specific.

Alan claims he doesn't have a gambling problem.

I wonder, but don't really care.

I assume the above picture, etc, is from his own site.

Add on: I've noticed that it's okay on this site to be negative in general, eg, to call people ploppies, etc, as long as you also spout off about how you took advantage of them, or earned a living by it, in long-winded past stories obviously greatly exaggerated - if true at all - while offering up nothing of value in the end for today's machines, etc. But, is that really not being negative. Maybe it's being more negative. Better to just point out the truth where and when that becomes obvious, and let it at that? Just say'n.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
December 20th, 2014 at 11:45:02 AM permalink
Quote: Kerkebet

Add on: I've noticed that it's okay on this site to be negative in general, eg, to call people ploppies, etc, as long as you also spout off about how you took advantage of them, or earned a living by it, in long-winded past stories obviously greatly exaggerated - if true at all - while offering up nothing of value in the end for today's machines, etc. But, is that really not being negative. Maybe it's being more negative. Better to just point out the truth where and when that becomes obvious, and let it at that? Just say'n.

Sorry you've gotten that impression. This forum is INTENDED to be for discussion of all aspects of gambling, good and bad, in the Vegas area, debunking of gambler's fallacies and other misconceptions through mathematical proofs, and education of interested parties on best player opportunities (including warning people away from bad deals). The Wizard is a strong proponent of free speech, and allows what people say and how they say it to stand, short of insults to other members, profanity, and/or unwelcome self-promotion. I guess, in at least some cases, that leads to negativity and sniping as a necessary evil, though it says a lot about the individual poster when they indulge in it, at least in my opinion, not so much about this site as a whole.

If possible, I would suggest you start correlating posts with posters, and decide for yourself how much credibility to give the people (most anonymous, though many of us know each other IRL through this board). It's been my experience, through meeting about 30 of them, that they are pretty great people who love some aspect of gambling. But those are the ones for the most part that tend not to be the most negative on here, either.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 313
December 20th, 2014 at 12:00:37 PM permalink
did Varmenti have a thing against Alan? I'd hate to have to go back through those posts to find out
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder

• Jump to: