Thread Rating:

aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 16th, 2018 at 1:52:27 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

I heard from a very reliable source the following about the blackjack and craps conditions at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.

Blackjack: 3 to 2 on naturals on all games. All games will also offer surrender.
Craps: 5X Odds.



Wow! Any idea about Surrender at Oceans?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 16th, 2018 at 2:02:06 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades



Wow! Any idea about Surrender at Oceans?



Not sure yet about surrender at Ocean.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
Joined: May 14, 2012
June 16th, 2018 at 9:30:45 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

I heard from a very reliable source the following about the blackjack and craps conditions at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.

Blackjack: 3 to 2 on naturals on all games. All games will also offer surrender.
Craps: 5X Odds.



I wonder if the crap dealers remember how to pay 5x odds. Must be difficult for them going from one payoff to three different ones.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 16th, 2018 at 9:52:22 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater



I wonder if the crap dealers remember how to pay 5x odds. Must be difficult for them going from one payoff to three different ones.



AC is one of the few places where 5X odds on craps is the standard. When Revel opened they tried doing 3-4-5X, but in a few months changed to the market standard. Golden Nugget and Bally's even have a table or two at each that offers 10X odds.
Last edited by: Jmarch79 on Jun 17, 2018
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 20th, 2018 at 8:25:58 AM permalink
Both Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Ocean Resort Casino are having 'preview days' on June 25 & 26. Hard Rock's will be from 10AM-10PM each day. Ocean Resort has not announced the times yet. Both are technically invite only, but I suspect they wouldn't turn you away, no guarantees though.)

I was at the Revel preview years ago and I will say it was kind of cool to experience. All the table games were $5 min / $5 max. I got the postcard invite to Hard Rock's preview but I will not be able to be there due to prior commitments. If anyone goes, let us know what you thought!
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
June 21st, 2018 at 8:50:11 AM permalink
As of five minutes ago, the New Jersey Casino Control Commission has granted Ocean Resort Casino its gaming license. The property will now officially open along with Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on June 28th. The scheduled opening for Ocean is 1PM.

Whew.

Edited to replace the new opening time for Ocean. They pushed it up 2 hours due to Governor Murphy's schedule. Hard Rock will open at 11AM.
Last edited by: Jmarch79 on Jun 21, 2018
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 21st, 2018 at 3:25:07 PM permalink
Just an update on the 'preview days' for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Ocean Resort Casino. Preview times will be from 10AM - 10PM on Monday, June 25 and Tuesday, June 26. Ocean Resort will have all of their restaurants available and will be offering a 50% off discount if you chose to dine while previewing the property. Check your inboxes for the invites if you signed up for either properties mailing list on their respective websites.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 21st, 2018 at 5:01:35 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

Just an update on the 'preview days' for Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Ocean Resort Casino. Preview times will be from 10AM - 10PM on Monday, June 25 and Tuesday, June 26. Ocean Resort will have all of their restaurants available and will be offering a 50% off discount if you chose to dine while previewing the property. Check your inboxes for the invites if you signed up for either properties mailing list on their respective websites.




Is there a link to the 50% off announcement?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 21st, 2018 at 5:15:43 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades



Is there a link to the 50% off announcement?



No, it was included in the e-mail with the invitation to the preview.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 21st, 2018 at 5:28:47 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

No, it was included in the e-mail with the invitation to the preview.



When were the emails sent out? What were the qualifications?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 21st, 2018 at 5:34:09 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

When were the emails sent out? What were the qualifications?



They were e-mailed randomly to people in their database and on the e-mail list. It was an invite for either Monday, June 26 or Tuesday, June 27. Some had the option to stay in the hotel at a $35 room rate. Some had a nominal amount of free play added. Also mentioned was the dining options that are available would be 50% off during this two-day preview.
TumblingBones
TumblingBones
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 529
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
Thanked by
aceofspadesJmarch79
June 22nd, 2018 at 12:10:37 PM permalink
There's an interview in today's Bloomberg Businessweek with the Resort's new owner Bruce Deflik. Sounds promising:
Quote:

He says he doesn’t have the “arrogance” of previous owners, who were looking to attract clients seeking a resort experience. The idea wasn’t crazy: Las Vegas casinos rely less on gaming revenue than Atlantic City’s do. But Deifik says the Revel emphasized the resort side at the expense of casino customers. Initially, at least, it didn’t have a VIP lounge for high rollers, nor did it have food choices aimed at its Asian players, inexpensive dining options, or a smoking area. It required customers to stay at least two nights. “If I have a room in inventory and you want to spend one night,” Deifik says, the only thing to say is, “ ‘Thank you for coming! I’m so happy you’re here! And can I get you something to drink?’ ”

My goal of being well informed conflicts with my goal of remaining sane.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 22nd, 2018 at 3:05:47 PM permalink
Quote: TumblingBones

There's an interview in today's Bloomberg Businessweek with the Resort's new owner Bruce Deflik. Sounds promising:

Quote:

He says he doesn’t have the “arrogance” of previous owners, who were looking to attract clients seeking a resort experience. The idea wasn’t crazy: Las Vegas casinos rely less on gaming revenue than Atlantic City’s do. But Deifik says the Revel emphasized the resort side at the expense of casino customers. Initially, at least, it didn’t have a VIP lounge for high rollers, nor did it have food choices aimed at its Asian players, inexpensive dining options, or a smoking area. It required customers to stay at least two nights. “If I have a room in inventory and you want to spend one night,” Deifik says, the only thing to say is, “ ‘Thank you for coming! I’m so happy you’re here! And can I get you something to drink?’ ”



I do believe they will be eager to please. I am expecting big things from Ocean Resort. They usually say under promise and over deliver, but Ocean is setting their own bar very high. I am very excited to check out the property in less than a week!
ECoaster
ECoaster
  • Threads: 5
  • Posts: 156
Joined: Apr 21, 2014
Thanked by
Jmarch79
June 22nd, 2018 at 8:02:59 PM permalink
Meanwhile, the Showboat is opening almost 500 more rooms, new restaurant options, a fitness center, and a big arcade next week....
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 22nd, 2018 at 8:05:17 PM permalink
Quote: ECoaster

Meanwhile, the Showboat is opening almost 500 more rooms, new restaurant options, a fitness center, and a big arcade next week....




Is it still connected to the Hard Rock (as it was when it was the Taj)?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 22nd, 2018 at 8:07:29 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Is it still connected to the Hard Rock (as it was when it was the Taj)?



Yes.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 25th, 2018 at 10:48:38 AM permalink
According to the Press of Atlantic City, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino will not offer sports betting upon opening. Property President, Mark Harkness' response is also suspect when asked if they will add it eventually, "We're not opening with sports betting but it's something we're taking a very hard look at for the future." Based on that answer, I am speculating that they may have an issue adding it due to their stadium licensing agreement with the Dolphins. You can see the full article here.

Over at Ocean Resort Casino their full William Hill sports book in the center of the casino will open six weeks after opening as they complete its construction. On opening they will have a temporary area that will accept sports wagers until the main book is complete.

Both properties began "soft play" today at 10AM. As mentioned in earlier posts, today and tomorrow are invite only preview days.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 25th, 2018 at 11:02:37 AM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

According to the Press of Atlantic City, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino will not offer sports betting upon opening. Property President, Mark Harkness' response is also suspect when asked if they will add it eventually, "We're not opening with sports betting but it's something we're taking a very hard look at for the future." Based on that answer, I am speculating that they may have an issue adding it due to their stadium licensing agreement with the Dolphins. You can see the full article here.

Over at Ocean Resort Casino their full William Hill sports book in the center of the casino will open six weeks after opening as they complete its construction. On opening they will have a temporary area that will accept sports wagers until the main book is complete.

Both properties began "soft play" today at 10AM. As mentioned in earlier posts, today and tomorrow are invite only preview days.



Thanks for the continuing updates
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 25th, 2018 at 11:08:24 AM permalink
My pleasure. Full on property reviews (with pictures) will be posted throughout the weekend.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 25th, 2018 at 11:13:23 AM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

My pleasure. Full on property reviews (with pictures) will be posted throughout the weekend.



I'll be doing a TR when I get there next week
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 25th, 2018 at 11:15:48 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

I'll be doing a TR when I get there next week



Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Are you staying at Ocean or Hard Rock?
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 25th, 2018 at 11:16:43 AM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

Awesome! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. Are you staying at Ocean or Hard Rock?



Oceans (but, in my heart, it will always be Revel)

I am not sure how much of the decor will be changed (aside from the carpet)
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 25th, 2018 at 11:23:52 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Oceans (but, in my heart, it will always be Revel)

I am not sure how much of the decor will be changed (aside from the carpet)



I am not sure either, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - the same decor will make you feel like you never left. Best of luck when you're there!
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
Thanked by
Jmarch79
June 25th, 2018 at 11:41:46 AM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

I am not sure either, but that's not necessarily a bad thing - the same decor will make you feel like you never left. Best of luck when you're there!



Wishing you positive variance as well
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
  • Posts: 3321
Joined: May 14, 2012
June 25th, 2018 at 1:08:50 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79



Both properties began "soft play" today at 10AM. As mentioned in earlier posts, today and tomorrow are invite only preview days.



Did anyone go today yet? Are they checking for invites at the door?
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
June 25th, 2018 at 4:32:41 PM permalink
Are you going to Ocean this weekend Ace, if you are OK putting it out there publicly.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 25th, 2018 at 4:43:44 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Are you going to Ocean this weekend Ace, if you are OK putting it out there publicly.



Not going until next week - will be doing a TR
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 25th, 2018 at 5:05:41 PM permalink
Better late than never, Ocean Resort Casino is doing a room offer based upon the level you tier match to once at the property. If you tier match to their Gold level, you're offered a casino rate of $99 (Sun-Thurs) and $149 (Fri-Sat), Platinum level, one complimentary night and Black level, two complimentary nights. The room offer is valid once, from July 1 - September 30. A full chart from the Ocean Resort Casino website can be found here.

I like their strategy of making you tier match first, this way you're on property twice.
Last edited by: Jmarch79 on Jun 25, 2018
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 26th, 2018 at 12:08:55 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Did anyone go today yet? Are they checking for invites at the door?



Rumor has it that Ocean Resort Casino is not checking for invites.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
Thanked by
Jmarch79
June 26th, 2018 at 3:39:18 AM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

Rumor has it that Ocean Resort Casino is not checking for invites.



Watching Fox 5 in Philly doing a live report right now and they are reporting while there were invitations as said, they were inviting anyone in who walked by. Reports are the tables and slots were packed as was the cafe with nowhere to sit. $5 Max at the tables and they had to pull people from the slots at 10PM due to gaming. But they allowed people to stay and walk around.

Interviewed a guy who gushed over how nice Hard Rock is and is going back today.

Sounds like Caesars and Trop are going to feel the heat.
100xOdds
100xOdds 
  • Threads: 645
  • Posts: 4356
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
June 26th, 2018 at 6:54:50 AM permalink
seen at soft opening:



lol
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 26th, 2018 at 11:24:31 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

seen at soft opening:



lol



That's what soft openings are for. If things like this come up, they fix them.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 26th, 2018 at 11:33:19 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Watching Fox 5 in Philly doing a live report right now and they are reporting while there were invitations as said, they were inviting anyone in who walked by. Reports are the tables and slots were packed as was the cafe with nowhere to sit. $5 Max at the tables and they had to pull people from the slots at 10PM due to gaming. But they allowed people to stay and walk around.

Interviewed a guy who gushed over how nice Hard Rock is and is going back today.

Sounds like Caesars and Trop are going to feel the heat.



Very cool, thanks! I've heard awesome things about Ocean. I believe Borgata is going to take a decent hit as well. These two new properties would compete with them in terms of amenities.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 26th, 2018 at 11:34:31 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

seen at soft opening:



lol




Meet the new boss...
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
Thanked by
aceofspades
June 26th, 2018 at 4:13:18 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

seen at soft opening:



lol



So shouldnt the soft opening have had a sign for the Soft Rock Casino
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
June 26th, 2018 at 4:15:35 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: 100xOdds

seen at soft opening:



lol



So shouldnt the soft opening have had a sign for the Soft Rock Casino




LOL
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspadesbeachbumbabs
June 27th, 2018 at 3:54:40 PM permalink
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Ocean Resort Casino received full approval from the Division of Gaming Enforcement and decided to open their properties early. Both are now open to the public with no restrictions.

Grand Opening Celebrations are still tomorrow. The guitar smashing and ceremony at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino will begin at 11AM. The ribbon cutting and invite gala at Ocean Resort Casino will begin at 1PM.

This is a very, very exciting time for Atlantic City.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
June 28th, 2018 at 12:09:07 PM permalink
Hard Rock International Chairman and CEO, Jim Allen announced in today's press conference that sports betting will be added to the property. Due to their agreement with the Miami Dolphins they will not be able to accept the bet, but will partner with one of the providers.

I get the impression he does not want a sports book on property and is leaning more towards offering the mobile platform to take bets.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
July 2nd, 2018 at 11:49:38 AM permalink
Does the new Oceans have a Starbucks or other such coffee vendor?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 2nd, 2018 at 12:40:38 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Does the new Oceans have a Starbucks or other such coffee vendor?



They currently have a little coffee kiosk open called "The Grind"...Starbucks will open in August.

Full trip report to be posted today. It was a long weekend. Too much to cover.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
Thanked by
Jmarch79
July 2nd, 2018 at 12:48:27 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

They currently have a little coffee kiosk open called "The Grind"...Starbucks will open in August.

Full trip report to be posted today. It was a long weekend. Too much to cover.



Nice, and my TR will commence mañana
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 2nd, 2018 at 1:49:35 PM permalink
From the Ocean Resort Casino Twitter page:

"Ocean Premier just got even more rewarding! Tier Match with us and receive $25 in free play for Gold, $50 in free play for Platinum, and $100 in free play for Black card holders.

Tier Matched with us already? Don’t worry, you didn’t miss out! Your free play has been loaded to your account for use on your next visit."


Sweet. Another hundy for my next trip. Again, better late than never Ocean!
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspadesHarryLyme
July 2nd, 2018 at 5:16:13 PM permalink
Well, I want to first apologize for not updating this thread throughout the weekend. That was certainly the intention, but there was just too much going on that I would start and would quickly be distracted and stop. I’ll put this review of the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and Ocean Resort Casino in a very detailed trip report in this new thread.

Edited at Jmarch request. bbb
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jul 3, 2018
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
July 2nd, 2018 at 5:55:59 PM permalink
You said Ocean VIP check-in is near the elevators? Which floor?
Also, all Ocean blackjack tables hit soft 17 except one in the high limit room? I don't like the sounds of that
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
Thanked by
aceofspades
July 2nd, 2018 at 5:59:05 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

You said Ocean VIP check-in is near the elevators? Which floor?
Also, all Ocean blackjack tables hit soft 17 except one in the high limit room? I don't like the sounds of that



VIP check-in is on the lobby level in a room besides the elevator bank that goes only to the top few floors.

All pits at Ocean except for HL and one pit by the Ocean Premier Card desk are H17.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
  • Posts: 6506
Joined: Apr 4, 2012
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:00:51 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

VIP check-in is on the lobby level in a room besides the elevator bank that goes only to the top few floors.

All pits at Ocean except for HL and one pit by the Ocean Premier Card desk are H17.



The elevator banks are by the parking garage - which elevators are you talking about?
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:02:28 PM permalink
Quote:

All games except one pit in front of the Ocean Premier Card desk and in high limit hit soft 17.



All pits except the two mentioned above are H17.
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
July 2nd, 2018 at 6:04:18 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

The elevator banks are by the parking garage - which elevators are you talking about?



The elevators that take you up to the guestrooms. There is a special bank; those only go up to the top few floors. To the left of that bank, there is a room with a desk and two computers. That is VIP check-in.
100xOdds
100xOdds 
  • Threads: 645
  • Posts: 4356
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
Thanked by
Jmarch79
July 2nd, 2018 at 7:19:59 PM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

Ocean Resort Casino:
- The Ivan Kane’s Royal Jelly party pit has girls dancing in g-strings on catwalks and on the bar.
While I enjoyed the view, I don’t remember ass cheeks being exposed in its previous incarnation.
Decent blackjack rules and girls dancing in front of you seems +EV if you ask me.

Pictures will follow tonight


cant wait...
:)
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
July 2nd, 2018 at 8:20:58 PM permalink
Jmarch

You said you knew the hosts from previously

Did the Hard Rock hire back the same hosts?

Just curious
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
  • Jump to: