Thread Rating:

Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 18th, 2020 at 1:40:12 PM permalink
Quote: Darkoz

So at least you finally admit the truth that there was a shortage of ventilators.

Darkoz,

Everyone that needed a ventilator got one. Nobody died because we ran out of them. Again, you're just exaggerating.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
April 18th, 2020 at 1:45:40 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

That means about 10 or 11 million infections. Which I still think might be too low. Considering they say that this virus is much more infectious than the 2009 virus that supposedly infected 61 million, that seems at least a little more realistic.

37,727/10.5 =.0036

That's very good news if that 10M-11M estimate is correct. Still though, that's about three times higher mortality rate than the seasonal flu. And far more contagious.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
tringlomane
April 18th, 2020 at 1:50:46 PM permalink

DeMango wins!

Great prediction.

Isn't the death toll in US already at the 40k mark? It will most definitely surpass that number, probably at least several times over.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
April 18th, 2020 at 1:53:53 PM permalink

Darkoz,

Everyone that needed a ventilator got one. Nobody died because we ran out of them. Again, you're just exaggerating.

How about we do this

You post a link that substantiates your claim

I will do the same.

Here is my link that says you are wrong

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kadiagoba/ventilator-shortage-new-york-hospitals-coronavirus
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 18th, 2020 at 2:09:07 PM permalink
Quote: rawtuff

Isn't the death toll in US already at the 40k mark? It will most definitely surpass that number, probably at least several times over.

That's ludicrous. The last prediction that I read yesterday was revised downward, yet again to only 60k. up to I think Aug 1.
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 48
April 18th, 2020 at 2:23:52 PM permalink

That's ludicrous. The last prediction that I read yesterday was revised downward, yet again to only 60k. up to I think Aug 1.

This is great news!

The virus is retiring in early August -- probably before it's 401K takes too big a hit. Sounds like party time. I figured there was a sound reason death totals were being limited to August 4th, but a virus retirement, that takes the cake. We should probably get a cake, for us and the virus.

So COVID-19 is taking the watch and the plaque and settling down in St. Augustine? I knew all those tales of second and third and fourth waves were exaggerated.

I wonder why the feds made me claim all of 2019's income on my taxes. You'd think I'd get the same August 4th cutoff as the virus. Oh well, win some lose some. Thank God it's retiring.
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
redietz
redietz
  • Threads: 48
April 18th, 2020 at 2:28:54 PM permalink
Hey, I had just had a great idea! Let's talk the virus into early retirement! How about July 4th? Who do I write to so we can get that done?

It'll knock those mortality figures down a few more notches, we get some rest, and the virus gets some rest. Everybody wins!

Opening up America on July 4th! Who could argue with that? We could have fireworks and candy apples.

Who's with me?
"You can't breathe dead hippo waking, sleeping, and eating, and at the same time keep your precarious grip on existence."
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
April 18th, 2020 at 2:45:07 PM permalink
Since April 9th there have been 15,000 deaths added in the US due to Coronavirus.

At that same rate it won't be long before we hit 60,000.

We don't seem to be at the Apex yet even
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
April 18th, 2020 at 3:23:25 PM permalink
https://youtu.be/UcvIQJ-QurQ

And now another voice of sanity, twice in one week no less, from Bill Maher!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 49
Thanks for this post from:
DeMango
April 18th, 2020 at 3:55:23 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The post in question was not a projection about the future but rather... Fantasyland discussion about reality now

Mycomment about wrong projections vs. lies was a more general comment and was not germane to your specific post.

Quote: darkoz

I highlighted in my post above his comments that are from Fantasyland.

If it's now an insult to point out when someone says an untruth then there can no longer be discussion about anything demonstrably untrue on this site. Lies can start getting spewed on every post

You are allowed to challenge anyone, say that you disagree with a post, say that you think their posts contain wrong information. It when you make comments insulting to the person that you run afoul of the rules.

You should be able to disagree without saying that the poster is in fantasyland -especially when that is pretty much to entirety of your comment.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.

• Jump to: