Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
September 17th, 2021 at 10:20:56 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: rxwine

How would you know if it is a success if you don’t know if your case is going to be mild to moderate anyway? You could feel pretty sick for a few days or a week, or barely have symptoms.

• link to original post

They aren't going by patients observation.

There are measurable biomarkers

Elevated interleukin-6, macrophages, IL-6, Cytokine levels.

It's not 'Hey, how you feel today" measurements.
  • link to original post

You can show good claims from a lot of the unapproved products in a Heath food store. But they really need to have controls, be randomized, utilizing double-blinds.
    There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
    SanchoPanza
    SanchoPanza
    • Threads: 34
    September 17th, 2021 at 10:27:28 AM permalink
    Quote: billryan

The internet is full of miracle cures. People who were almost dead that were saved by taking hydroxy or some other medicine. Why aren't any of these miracles occurring in the dozens of trials conducted by hospitals?

• link to original post

Because the CDC, the FDA and the NIH are not going along with them. Can we spell B-i-g Pharma?
    rxwine
    rxwine
    September 17th, 2021 at 10:31:53 AM permalink
    Which profession is fraud free? Just curious.
    There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
    SanchoPanza
    SanchoPanza
    September 17th, 2021 at 10:38:33 AM permalink

• link to original post

Professions that do not have direct harmful effects on my health and well being. In case we start seeing defenses of Big Pharma and the crooked Public Health establishment.
    rxwine
    rxwine
    September 17th, 2021 at 10:53:01 AM permalink
    Quote: SanchoPanza

• link to original post

Professions that do not have direct harmful effects on my health and well being. In case we start seeing defenses of Big Pharma and the crooked Public Health establishment.
  • link to original post

Well, personally I think you have motive for distrust for anyone selling anything regardless of the source or the price offered.

If I owned a sugar company, I’d be happy if everyone thought the covid cure was an extra pack of sugar per day. Even happier if people thought that since it was so much cheaper than anything else it must be an honest claim.

I’d clean up on all the extra sales.
    SanchoPanza
    SanchoPanza
    September 17th, 2021 at 10:55:33 AM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

Well, personally I think you have motive for distrust for anyone selling anything regardless of the source or the price offered.

If I owned a sugar company, I’d be happy if everyone thought the covid cure was an extra pack of sugar per day. Even happier if people thought that since it was so much cheaper than anything else it must be an honest claim.

• link to original post

Never heard of CBD?
    rxwine
    rxwine
    September 17th, 2021 at 11:26:11 AM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

• link to original post

Never heard of CBD?
  • link to original post

Never tried it.
    darkoz
    darkoz
    • Threads: 297
    September 17th, 2021 at 11:50:04 AM permalink

• link to original post

• link to original post

• link to original post

Never heard of CBD?
  • link to original post

Care Bears Dolls?
    For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
    jjjoooggg
    jjjoooggg
    September 17th, 2021 at 11:55:23 AM permalink
    There is a rap song that came out 8 years ago with the words “2020 coronavirus” in the lyrics.

https://youtu.be/5P77bUdE4p4
    Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Sep 17, 2021
    Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
    billryan
    billryan
    • Threads: 240
    September 17th, 2021 at 9:52:07 PM permalink
    Melissa Healy, Amina Khan
    Fri, September 17, 2021, 8:47 PM

Amid persistent concerns that the protection offered by COVID-19 vaccines may be waning, a report released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that America's workhorse shot is significantly less effective at preventing severe cases of disease over the long term than many experts had realized.

Data collected from 18 states between March and August suggest the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine reduces the risk of being hospitalized with COVID-19 by 91% in the first four months after receiving the second dose. Beyond 120 days, however, that vaccine efficacy drops to 77%.

Meanwhile, Moderna's vaccine was 93% effective at reducing the short-term risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and remained 92% effective after 120 days.
    The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
    mcallister3200
    mcallister3200
    • Threads: 17
    Thanked by
    RogerKint
    September 18th, 2021 at 3:54:25 AM permalink
    Quote: billryan

Melissa Healy, Amina Khan
    Fri, September 17, 2021, 8:47 PM

Amid persistent concerns that the protection offered by COVID-19 vaccines may be waning, a report released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention finds that America's workhorse shot is significantly less effective at preventing severe cases of disease over the long term than many experts had realized.

Data collected from 18 states between March and August suggest the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine reduces the risk of being hospitalized with COVID-19 by 91% in the first four months after receiving the second dose. Beyond 120 days, however, that vaccine efficacy drops to 77%.

Meanwhile, Moderna's vaccine was 93% effective at reducing the short-term risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and remained 92% effective after 120 days.

• link to original post

The strong divide between the FDA panel and Pfizer/Fauci on approving a “booster shot” was the eye raising and concerning part of the article for me, certainly makes it rather ambiguous for those not considered at elevated risk of severe illness to make an informed decision. FDA overwhelmingly voted against full approval of a third shot for all 16+ adults by a vote of 16-2, citing the need for more age specific data to be presented regarding safety. They did unanimously vote to recommend it for 65+, and other elevated risk categories.

Commenting on not approving it beforehand being a “mistake” by someone in Fauci’s position seems a bit like meddling, undermining credibility of and trying to influence what’s supposed to be an independent decision but whatever.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    • Threads: 232
    September 26th, 2021 at 9:04:29 AM permalink
    _________

there's a terrible shortage of health care workers all over the U.S.

the State of New York is now in dire straits because they have a vaccine mandate for health care workers which goes into force on Monday

the State is actually considering calling up the National Guard to fill multiple vacant positions that will come about Monday because of the mandate

the country is Covid weary - and many are letting down their guard but according to the CDC their were more than 130,000 new cases and more than 2,000 deaths yesterday

the Covid virus itself____________is not at all weary

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-may-tap-national-guard-replace-unvaccinated-healthcare-workers-2021-09-26/

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

Please don't feed the trolls
    AZDuffman
    AZDuffman
    Thanked by
    RogerKint
    September 26th, 2021 at 9:09:32 AM permalink
    Quote: lilredrooster

_________

the State of New York is now in dire straits because they have a vaccine mandate for health care workers which goes into force on Monday

the State is actually considering calling up the National Guard to fill multiple vacant positions that will come about Monday because of the mandate

the country is Covid weary - and many are letting down their guard but according to the CDC their were more than 130,000 new cases and more than 2,000 deaths yesterday

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/new-york-may-tap-national-guard-replace-unvaccinated-healthcare-workers-2021-09-26/

• link to original post

Dropping the mandate to stop the worker shortage would make too much sense I guess.
    All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
    darkoz
    darkoz
    September 26th, 2021 at 9:20:13 AM permalink
    Quote: AZDuffman

_________

• link to original post

Dropping the mandate to stop the worker shortage would make too much sense I guess.
  • link to original post

You guys are mixing and matching here.

There is no worker shortages in NY. In fact, we have coronavirus under control through strict mask wearing and vaccination proof requirements.

Here is the number of deaths in ALL NY STATE YESTERDAY.

In a state with a multiple decent size cities and one city with 8 million people, there were less than twenty who died yesterday. And less than fifty for the entire week! You think we have a shortage of workers?

The vaccine mandate is thinking ahead to prevent virus spread not the other way around.

But hey, to a guy who holds maskless parties during a pandemic that wouldn't make much sense.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    September 26th, 2021 at 9:28:19 AM permalink

There is no worker shortages in NY.

you missed the point
    there is a NY law requiring all health care workers to be vaccinated by Monday
    a great no. have not been vaccinated and worker shortages are anticipated
    the linked article states that tens of thousands of workers are unlikely to meet the Monday deadline

a plan to use the National Guard as health care workers is being considered by the Governor of NY

I clearly stated that there was shortage of health care workers all over the U.S. - I did not pick out NY

AZDuffman
    AZDuffman
    September 26th, 2021 at 1:00:53 PM permalink

But hey, to a guy who holds maskless parties during a pandemic that wouldn't make much sense.

• link to original post

Who wants to go to a party and wear masks?

Just worked a maskless poker tournament last week! Great stuff! Even the bartender did not bother with a mask.
    Gundy
    Gundy
    • Threads: 0
    Thanked by
    AZDuffmanDeMangoRogerKint
    September 26th, 2021 at 1:33:27 PM permalink
    SO glad I live in a free state where masks are long gone.

Vaccinated AND masked? That's funny stuff.
    darkoz
    darkoz
    September 26th, 2021 at 2:02:14 PM permalink
    Quote: Gundy

• link to original post

May I ask which state that is?

Just so I can compare covid numbers to NYS.

Maybe I will get a laugh too.
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    • Threads: 441
    Thanked by
    LuckyPhow
    September 27th, 2021 at 12:34:47 AM permalink

• link to original post

My fully vaccinated sister-in-law died of covid after weeks in the hospital last month.
    If you think you're protected because you're vaccinated you're living in a dream world.
    "It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    September 27th, 2021 at 2:36:31 AM permalink

as Covid ramps up, Costco is again limiting the purchases of toilet paper, water and cleaning supplies

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/24/1040471872/limits-toilet-paper-cleaning-supplies-costco-delta-covid

ChesterDog
    ChesterDog
    • Threads: 8
    September 27th, 2021 at 6:04:16 AM permalink
    Quote: EvenBob

• link to original post

My fully vaccinated sister-in-law died of covid after weeks in the hospital last month.
    If you think you're protected because you're vaccinated you're living in a dream world.
  • link to original post

Many of us forget that the COVID-19 vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing hospitalizations and death.

This situation is similar to seat belts' not completely preventing death from auto accidents.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    October 4th, 2021 at 3:01:15 AM permalink

in Alaska the Covid crisis is so severe, Doctors must decide who gets care and who doesn't - who lives and who dies

the link is to the NYT - you'll have to figure out how to get past their paywall or find the story somewhere else

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/03/us/coronavirus-crisis-alaska.html

according to CDC there were 118,845 new cases yesterday and 2,027 new deaths

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#cases_casesper100klast7days

Last edited by: lilredrooster on Oct 4, 2021
    DRich
    DRich
    • Threads: 86
    October 4th, 2021 at 2:38:24 PM permalink

in Alaska the Covid crisis is so severe, Doctors must decide who gets care and who doesn't - who lives and who dies

the link is to the NYT -

What an enviable position to be in. I would be taking large bribes.
    At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    • Threads: 441
    October 4th, 2021 at 5:42:02 PM permalink

__________in Alaska the Covid crisis is so severe, Doctors must decide who gets care and who doesn't

And yet another good reason not to live in Alaska. Alaska has the worst of everything, the worst alcoholics, the worst drug abusers, the most unemployment, the highest violent crime rate, the most violent prisons in the country are in Alaska. I've known about five people who lived in Alaska for different periods of time and every single one of them hated it. It's a great place to look at from the deck of a cruise ship and that's about it.
    "It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
    Starburger
    Starburger
    • Threads: 2
    Thanked by
    RogerKint
    October 18th, 2021 at 12:18:17 PM permalink
    A performing arts center near me is now requiring fully vaccinated passports or negative covid tests in order to see a show. This was once a sardonic joke that was "predicted," about the near future but has now come true.
    One man's offense is another man's humor.
    OnceDear
    OnceDear
    • Threads: 63
    October 18th, 2021 at 1:28:42 PM permalink
    Quote: Starburger

A performing arts center near me is now requiring fully vaccinated passports or negative covid tests in order to see a show. This was once a sardonic joke that was "predicted," about the near future but has now come true.
    link to original post

Which one?
    Link please.
    Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
    Gundy
    Gundy
    • Threads: 0
    October 18th, 2021 at 1:59:21 PM permalink

link to original post

Are they required to wear masks too?
    MDawg
    MDawg
    • Threads: 39
    October 19th, 2021 at 8:44:34 AM permalink
    During the last couple months, while in Vegas, I have taken more than a few Covid tests (PCR) all negative. Just every time I feel anything like a little cough or whatever, I go schedule another test. Generally, for a PCR (which is the most accurate) test, must schedule a few days in advance. 😄 By the time the test date arrives, I feel fine, but I just go in anyway. For one or two I dragged my wife in too, but finally she declared that she would no longer go and that if I am negative, she assumes she must be too.

In Vegas, and throughout the country, these PCR tests, which are good for travel too including abroad and to Hawaii, are administered by CVS Pharmacies. You just drive up to the CVS pharmacy window in your car and self-administer the test don't even have to be around any people. Even when I have taken the test on a Friday, I've received test results negative within 48 hours maximum. Take the test on a Monday - Thursday and you should receive results within 24 hours.

All tests are free. I provide my insurance card, but even without it any US resident with a social security number may obtain the tests free.

Knowing how easy to schedule these tests are, and that they are free with results provided rapidly, I shake my head at these athletes (and others) who provided faked test results.

A former N.B.A. player is arrested, accused of using a fake Covid test to enter Hawaii
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
    MDawg
    MDawg
    • Threads: 39
    October 25th, 2021 at 3:55:00 PM permalink
    Both of us obtained our booster shots right here in Vegas. Although currently technically only for over 65 or with preexisting health problems, in our case, once we made the appointments for the booster shots no one questioned anything. They updated our vaccination cards.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
    Starburger
    Starburger
    • Threads: 2
    October 26th, 2021 at 8:25:49 AM permalink
    Quote: OnceDear

link to original post

Which one?
    Link please.
    link to original post

This one is a summary overview

https://www.arshtcenter.org/Visit/Returning-to-the-Arsht-Center/

A more detailed link is here

https://www.arshtcenter.org/en/Visit/health-safety-covid-19/
    One man's offense is another man's humor.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    November 2nd, 2021 at 10:00:31 AM permalink
    _________

good news, I hope - unless the stats are messed up for some reason

U.S. Covid deaths are way, way down in the last 3 days compared to prior statistics according to worldometers.info

Nov. 1________________550 new deaths

Oct. 31_______________ 412

Oct. 30_______________ 676

Oct. 29_______________ 1,555

Oct. 28_______________ 1,443

Oct. 27_______________ 1,697

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/#graph-deaths-daily

rxwine
    rxwine
    November 26th, 2021 at 2:09:52 PM permalink
    Omicron?

Now we're in a new Transformer movie.
    OnceDear
    OnceDear
    • Threads: 63
    November 26th, 2021 at 2:45:51 PM permalink

_________
    U.S. Covid deaths are way, way down in the last 3 days compared to prior statistics according to worldometers.info

link to original post

Just a dip

26 Nov (so far) 18,550 new cases and 148 new deaths in the United States
    25 Nov 31,758 new cases and 404 new deaths in the United States
    24 Nov 104,819 new cases and 1,691 new deaths in the United States
    23 Nov 106,649 new cases and 1,461 new deaths in the United States
    22 Nov 75,708 new cases and 555 new deaths in the United States
    21 Nov 66,136 new cases and 368 new deaths in the United States
    20 Nov 90,014 new cases and 820 new deaths in the United States
    Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
    billryan
    billryan
    Thanked by
    OnceDear
    November 26th, 2021 at 4:01:15 PM permalink
    Quote: OnceDear

_________

link to original post

Just a dip

26 Nov (so far) 18,550 new cases and 148 new deaths in the United States
    25 Nov 31,758 new cases and 404 new deaths in the United States
    24 Nov 104,819 new cases and 1,691 new deaths in the United States
    23 Nov 106,649 new cases and 1,461 new deaths in the United States
    22 Nov 75,708 new cases and 555 new deaths in the United States
    21 Nov 66,136 new cases and 368 new deaths in the United States
    20 Nov 90,014 new cases and 820 new deaths in the United States
    link to original post

I get the impression that some states don't make daily reports and make weekly dumps instead. The daily reports are all over the place but the weekly's seem more steady.
    The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
    lilredrooster
    lilredrooster
    November 26th, 2021 at 4:25:53 PM permalink

a new variant - Omicron - in South Africa has made headline news today
    it has also been detected in Belgium and Hong Kong

who knows what's happening or what's going to happen in the future?

the experts?_______I don't really have confidence in them____________I think the world is facing a great unknown

the old saying, "better the devil that you know then the devil that you don't know"

well, this is the devil that we don't know

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/26/africa/new-covid-variant-discovered-south-africa-b11529-intl/index.html

ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    • Threads: 111
    November 26th, 2021 at 4:27:59 PM permalink
    Stock market has all weekend to fall 5%.
    darkoz
    darkoz
    November 26th, 2021 at 5:25:02 PM permalink
    Meanwhile Merks Covid take at home pill everyone said was the game changer has been discovered less effective than originally thought.

Only 30% effective!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-to-disclose-staff-review-of-merck-covid-19-pill-11637922600?mod=mhp&fbclid=IwAR1FUe9dT2Z4di3Xc-HO1IUlwm_a8MFsFDvL8MHa451ANER09BZhsvyuJeQ
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    November 26th, 2021 at 6:38:59 PM permalink
    How will I write about developing situations in the Republic of Oroville?
    Keyser
    Keyser
    • Threads: 35
    November 26th, 2021 at 7:56:10 PM permalink
    China's Chernobyl isn't finished with us.

Hopefully prior infections offer some protection.
    darkoz
    darkoz
    November 26th, 2021 at 8:26:45 PM permalink
    Quote: Keyser

China's Chernobyl isn't finished with us.

Hopefully prior infections offer some protection.
    link to original post

They are looking into it.

So far they have observed 30 different spike mutations. The more spike mutations the more prior infection is meaningless and even the vaccines may be ineffective.
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    November 26th, 2021 at 8:27:51 PM permalink
    Dozens of COVID-19 cases on flight from South Africa, Dutch authorities say | Reuters
    https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/passengers-south-africa-face-wait-covid-19-testing-amsterdam-2021-11-26/
    AZDuffman
    AZDuffman
    Thanked by
    SanchoPanza
    November 27th, 2021 at 4:19:32 AM permalink

Meanwhile Merks Covid take at home pill everyone said was the game changer has been discovered less effective than originally thought.

Only 30% effective!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fda-to-disclose-staff-review-of-merck-covid-19-pill-11637922600?mod=mhp&fbclid=IwAR1FUe9dT2Z4di3Xc-HO1IUlwm_a8MFsFDvL8MHa451ANER09BZhsvyuJeQ
    link to original post

Gee, what a surprise!
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    December 13th, 2021 at 4:13:29 AM permalink
    US COVID-19 deaths reach 800,000.

NYS has a new mask mandate to last for a month because of increasing hospitalizations upstate from Delta and the threat of Omicron. If you have a vaccine passport you could be exempted from wearing a mask, but only if the bouncer at the door is checking for vaccine passports. If the bouncers aren't checking, just wear a mask so $1,000 fines don't appear out of nowhere. I would expect this mask mandate to be extended for several months.

JUST IN: Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that at least one patient has been confirmed to have died with the #Omicron variant of coronavirus (PA)
    SanchoPanza
    SanchoPanza
    December 13th, 2021 at 11:26:19 AM permalink
    Quote: ChumpChange

NYS has a new mask mandate to last for a month because of increasing hospitalizations upstate from Delta and the threat of Omicron.

How many deaths from Omicron in NYS and USA?
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    December 13th, 2021 at 11:44:48 AM permalink
    It's very early yet. TV says Omicron will be the dominant strain in the UK by tomorrow. Boris is convinced two vaccine shots are not enough, so go get a booster shot immediately, like by the end of this month.
    mcallister3200
    mcallister3200
    December 13th, 2021 at 11:48:06 AM permalink
    Any infections are worse than zero (which is unrealistic), but seems omnicron overtaking delta as the dominant variant would very much be a positive if it decreases amount of delta infections.
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    December 13th, 2021 at 11:55:17 AM permalink
    Omicron is much more transmissible, so there'd be an overlay of Omicron that could be 10X more cases than Delta. So the USA has 50K new cases of Delta today, by next month there could be 500K new cases of Omicron per day, and the same 50K new cases per day of Delta. I don't think Delta is going anywhere unless there's a nationwide lockdown for 3 months.
    mcallister3200
    mcallister3200
    December 13th, 2021 at 12:01:04 PM permalink
    Quote: ChumpChange

Omicron is much more transmissible, so there'd be an overlay of Omicron that could be 10X more cases than Delta. So the USA has 50K new cases of Delta today, by next month there could be 500K new cases of Omicron per day, and the same 50K new cases per day of Delta. I don't think Delta is going anywhere unless there's a nationwide lockdown for 3 months.
    link to original post

That fails the logic test, if omnicron exploded that much of would mean a reduction in Delta unless you’re trying to say the same person is going to be infected with both simultaneously.
    ChumpChange
    ChumpChange
    December 13th, 2021 at 12:04:37 PM permalink
    You might not catch Delta in a casino bathroom while wearing a mask, but you might catch Omicron. Nobody knows yet.
    The local casino brought back soda machines and bar service with the spread of vaccinated people. They may have to close them back up until everybody has booster shots.

Just In: SCOTUS won't stop vaccine mandate for NYS health workers.
    Last edited by: ChumpChange on Dec 13, 2021
    gordonm888
    Administrator
    gordonm888
    • Threads: 60
    December 13th, 2021 at 12:19:02 PM permalink
    the key question is whether infection with Omicron (and its presumably mild symptoms) will provide "natural" immune resistance to the delta variant. We don't know the answer yet.
    So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
    • Jump to: