3 votes (23.07%)
3 votes (23.07%)
3 votes (23.07%)

13 members have voted

gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 32
March 27th, 2019 at 11:59:08 AM permalink
I did not originally realize that the tests were administered only at a certain time - 8:00 pm Eastern -on the given dates. That does make it harder to take the bloody test.

It looks like I won't be able to try the online test tonight -I have had a conflict arise. I'll have to shoot for the April 10 test.
Sometimes, people are just a bottomless mystery. And, after all, this is just a sh*tty little forum in the sun-less backwaters of the online world.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
Thanks for this post from:
kgb92
March 27th, 2019 at 5:43:25 PM permalink
I videoed my test. If you want to try it, it seems to take about an hour to upload to youtube. (I haven't uploaded before, may need assistance.) I'll post the link when I get one.

I think I scored 41. Probably not good enough to get an audition, but who knows. I blanked on 3 I knew, and missed 6 outright. That time goes FAST when it's on the tip of your tongue.

Edit May 8 2019. Video removed at the request of Jeopardy coordinators.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on May 8, 2019
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1223
March 27th, 2019 at 8:30:31 PM permalink
Thanks Barb for posting that. Those questions did not hit me very well. Too much pop culture. Bucharest is the capital (or is it capitol) of Romania, BTW.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
March 27th, 2019 at 10:03:02 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Thanks Barb for posting that. Those questions did not hit me very well. Too much pop culture. Bucharest is the capital (or is it capitol) of Romania, BTW.

Better you test in April, then. I don't watch TV or listen to new music much, so those are weak spots for me.

Yeah, I put Budapest, knowing it was wrong but close.

I also got tied up on Viola Davis, starting with Olivia and no time to erase, but knowing the answer right then.

Third one I knew but blew was Nabokov for Lolita Author.

Didn't know John Legend wife (still don't) Taylor Swift music, (shake it off) the black series on FX (atlanta, not empire), celiac cause (gluten reaction), said Gettysburg (valley forge - knew that but didn't key on it)

Might get a half point extra for neutrons in atomic weight, if they do that. Should have been them and protons. I marked it as incorrect.

Edit - add another one I got wrong - tip of the tongue thing. I ended up with mugsy for Banksy - I got "bugsy" stuck in my head and knew it was almost right, but ran out of time before I could fix it. Oh, well.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Mar 28, 2019
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 27th, 2019 at 11:14:21 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Didn't know John Legend wife (still don't)

Chrissy Teigen.

Took me awhile to remember that. Neither are very popular in my book.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2019 at 6:24:09 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Chrissy Teigen.

I knew what she looked like (hard to forget) and that she was from my own Huntington Beach, but I never thought committing her name to memory was worth the brain cells.

There was another one about the name of Beyonce's kid??? That is about that last thing on earth I would care about.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Thanks for this post from:
Ayecarumba
March 28th, 2019 at 10:51:41 AM permalink

Quote: tringlomane

Chrissy Teigen.

I knew what she looked like (hard to forget) and that she was from my own Huntington Beach, but I never thought committing her name to memory was worth the brain cells.

There was another one about the name of Beyonce's kid??? That is about that last thing on earth I would care about.

Not sure what q Wizard saw about Beyonce's child? Maybe you took the test after all, and got different questions? I did the video mostly for you and Gordon since you both wanted to take it but couldn't - I would be very interested in how other people did. I'm also hoping I get another shot in April - Idk if I can still do that with this one in the bank, but it shows me as registered, so we'll see.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2019 at 4:59:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Not sure what q Wizard saw about Beyonce's child? Maybe you took the test after all, and got different questions? I did the video mostly for you and Gordon since you both wanted to take it but couldn't - I would be very interested in how other people did. I'm also hoping I get another shot in April - Idk if I can still do that with this one in the bank, but it shows me as registered, so we'll see.

I did watch your video, but I may be confusing the Beyonce question with a trivia game I'm playing on Facebook. I think I would have gotten only about half your test correct...at best.

I think what held me up before was that I didn't put in a physical test location if I passed the online test. Next test is April 9.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
March 28th, 2019 at 5:21:28 PM permalink
BTW, I play a trivia game on Facebook called Quiz Planet. CrystalMath is one of my opponents. Anyone on Facebook care to play?
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
March 28th, 2019 at 5:22:54 PM permalink

BTW, I play a trivia game on Facebook called Quiz Planet. CrystalMath is one of my opponents. Anyone on Facebook care to play?

Sure. Never heard of it, but I'll load it up. Think I have both of you as friends, so should be easy to find you.

• Jump to: