Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 261
Thanks for this post from:
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 5:11:12 PM permalink
Please don't claim I am saying that Cassava Science situation IS going to happen to Cytodyn.

Only trial results will tell and I am not a fortune teller.

I'm saying this is the gamble and this is the way biotech working on new drugs can look. Biotech has plenty of failure but if you get the drug approval then Cassava Science is a good example of why people invest in Biotech.

Trading at around $1 for years.

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 5:36:45 PM permalink
And for those like Bill Ryan who keep pointing to the "lawsuits against Cytodyn" they aren't lawsuits.

Those are INVESTIGATIONS trying to either ambulance chase or help short sellers depress the stock and are simply bogus

Here is just one law firm that actually ran investigations into Cytodyn also launching an investigation in Cassava Science.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shareholder-alert-pomerantz-law-firm-investigates-claims-on-behalf-of-investors-of-cassava-sciences-inc---sava-301347716.html

How many forum members think a stock that rose from $1 to $101 is going to be actually sued by investors?

And yes, that was released this week
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 192
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 5:56:35 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

And for those like Bill Ryan who keep pointing to the "lawsuits against Cytodyn" they aren't lawsuits.

Those are INVESTIGATIONS trying to either ambulance chase or help short sellers depress the stock and are simply bogus

Here is just one law firm that actually ran investigations into Cytodyn also launching an investigation in Cassava Science.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/shareholder-alert-pomerantz-law-firm-investigates-claims-on-behalf-of-investors-of-cassava-sciences-inc---sava-301347716.html

How many forum members think a stock that rose from $1 to $101 is going to be actually sued by investors?

And yes, that was released this week

Are you saying there are no stockholder lawsuits against the company for misrepresentation and fraud?
darkoz
darkoz 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 6:16:56 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Are you saying there are no stockholder lawsuits against the company for misrepresentation and fraud?

No, There are some. I don't see any merit in the lawsuits and I suspect they aren't going anywhere.

My point is those law firms are ambulance chasing.

By the time those are settled (years from now) the Leronlimab trials will be over and the stock price will hopefully have soared. Anyone who sold at a loss and is suing is just a bad investor.

BTW, is it your opinion that shareholders get to sue for their money back if a company stock price goes down?
billryan
billryan 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 6:31:52 PM permalink

No, There are some. I don't see any merit in the lawsuits and I suspect they aren't going anywhere.

My point is those law firms are ambulance chasing.

By the time those are settled (years from now) the Leronlimab trials will be over and the stock price will hopefully have soared. Anyone who sold at a loss and is suing is just a bad investor.

BTW, is it your opinion that shareholders get to sue for their money back if a company stock price goes down?

No, but when the company misrepresents facts like these guys did, not only should they be sued , but they may well need to be prosecuted. Those press releases you kept posting were full of obvious lies. Their trials would be a total failure and they put out a release pushing some minor part of the trial that succeeded. That is not how legit companies operate. I've lost money on hundreds of companies, and lost 85% plus on more than a few, but only joined lawsuits against two of them and in both cases, people went to jail. When a company takes investor money, they have a fiduciary responsibility to them. They don't have to make you money, but they have to be upfront with you.
billryan
billryan 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 6:48:17 PM permalink
Did the ambulance chasing lawyers get half of the former board to sue the company?

On April 24, 2020, certain stockholders of CytoDyn Inc. (the “Company), including two former directors and a company controlled by a former director (Anthony D. Caracciolo of the Caracciolo Family Trust, Gregory A. Gould, and Alpha Venture Capital Partners L.P., controlled by Carl C. Dockery, respectively), filed a derivative stockholder complaint in the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware, alleging claims for breach of fiduciary duty and unjust enrichment against the Company’s CEO, current and former CFO, CMO, and current and former members of the Company’s board of directors in connection with certain equity grant awards to these individuals in December 2019 and January 2020. The Company disclosed these awards in the Company’s Current Reports on Form 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on December 27, 2019 and February 3, 2020. The Company was named as a nominal defendant. The plaintiffs seek the rescission of the awards, a finding that the named directors breached their fiduciary duty to the Company, and an unnamed amount of damages.
darkoz
darkoz 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 6:50:56 PM permalink

Those press releases you kept posting were full of obvious lies. Their trials would be a total failure...

I've lost money on hundreds of companies, and lost 85% plus on more than a few...

Three days ago CNN Brazil, where Covid-19 is raging announced that the Brazilian FDA Anvisa has granted phase three trials for Leronlimab.

Are you saying CNN is obviously lying?

Anvisa happens to be known as tougher on drug approval than the US FDA and unlike the FDA, is an independent body (the US FDA is funded by the big pharmaceutical companies it oversees)

Are you saying that Anvisa in Brazil is lying?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnnbrasil.com.br/amp/saude/2021/08/03/covid-19-anvisa-autoriza-estudo-clinico-com-o-anticorpo-monoclonal-leronlimabe

It's funny you lost 85% of your lifetime investment. It sounds like you don't really know a good investment from that track record. Perhaps that is why you assume everything you read from a company is a lie.

As you noted, there are no current criminal charges against Cytodyn and no halt to trading by the SEC.
Perhaps that should tell you if they really lied to investors.
billryan
billryan 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 7:03:25 PM permalink

Three days ago CNN Brazil, where Covid-19 is raging announced that the Brazilian FDA Anvisa has granted phase three trials for Leronlimab.

Are you saying CNN is obviously lying?

Anvisa happens to be known as tougher on drug approval than the US FDA and unlike the FDA, is an independent body (the US FDA is funded by the big pharmaceutical companies it oversees)

Are you saying that Anvisa in Brazil is lying?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnnbrasil.com.br/amp/saude/2021/08/03/covid-19-anvisa-autoriza-estudo-clinico-com-o-anticorpo-monoclonal-leronlimabe

It's funny you lost 85% of your lifetime investment. It sounds like you don't really know a good investment from that track record. Perhaps that is why you assume everything you read from a company is a lie.

As you noted, there are no current criminal charges against Cytodyn and no halt to trading by the SEC.
Perhaps that should tell you if they really lied to investors.

I lost 85% of my lifetime investment? Either you can't read or you are just making stuff up again. I said I have lost 85% of some investments. I doubt there are many investors who have not done that on a few if they are willing to take risks like I was. You are an utter novice in the market and keep making ridiculous statements like no one tracks a stock they don't own. Now you are asking if CNN is lying for reporting the company has announced yet another trial?
darkoz
darkoz 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 7:05:03 PM permalink

Did the ambulance chasing lawyers get half of the former board to sue the company?

On April 24, 2020, certain stockholders of CytoDyn Inc. (the “Company), including two former directors and a company controlled by a former director (Anthony D. Caracciolo of the Caracciolo Family Trust, Gregory A. Gould, and Alpha Venture Capital Partners L.P., controlled by Carl C. Dockery, respectively), filed a derivative stockholder complaint in the Court of Chancery of the State of Delaware, alleging claims for breach of fiduciary duty and unjust enrichment against the Company’s CEO, current and former CFO, CMO, and current and former members of the Company’s board of directors in connection with certain equity grant awards to these individuals in December 2019 and January 2020. The Company disclosed these awards in the Company’s Current Reports on Form 8-K filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on December 27, 2019 and February 3, 2020. The Company was named as a nominal defendant. The plaintiffs seek the rescission of the awards, a finding that the named directors breached their fiduciary duty to the Company, and an unnamed amount of damages.

Bill,

Anyone can file a lawsuit because they feel agrieved.

That doesn't prove anything.

You claim Cytodyn has lied to it's investors and point to lawsuits.

I am pointing to:

SEC has not halted trading

DOJ has made no criminal complaint or charges

FDA ran trials and while not approving the drug has NOT rescinded Leronlimab's current OLE status

Brazil Anvisa has just okayed a massive 35 trial site 600+ patient enrollment in phase three trials.

NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine) a peer reviewed medical journal had an article on Leronlimab and it's MOA (mechanism of action)

Bill, you keep pointing to legal issues that in today's litigious atmosphere amount to a hill of beans.

What reason I don't know. You should ask yourself why SEC, DOJ, Anvisa FDA and NEJM don't see what you see.
darkoz
darkoz 
Mission146
August 5th, 2021 at 7:07:53 PM permalink

Now you are asking if CNN is lying for reporting the company has announced yet another trial?

That's funny.

It's a simple enough question.

Why can't you answer it?

• Jump to: