Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 10:11:24 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

I bought in CYDY at $3 for $1000 based on DarkOz's posts and enthusiasm. I hold no ill will towards Darkoz but I am hoping he will help me get my life back together via my GoFund me account. I am hoping at least one member will help me put my life back together with a $1000 donation after a large baccarat win. With that $1000 donation I will become an advocate for high rolling baccarat players and the incredible skill it requires to constantly win.
link to original post



Thanks DRich.

Cytodyn was my first investment which I got into because of Covid. This whole process has been a learning experience for me.

I have one other NASDAQ stock I purchased about $45,000 worth as well and that's also an unrealized loss at this time.

The stock market apparently isn't for me. Wherever this Cytodyn stock goes I am sticking to my AP. Even when I take a loss, it's only due to management getting wind of me. Otherwise my AP isn't gambling. I get guaranteed results.

This stock market business is too much risk(gambling) for my tastes
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 10:12:36 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: billryan

If anyone is feeling blue, just go to the CYDY stock forum. I promise you it will bring a smile to your face reading why cydy should be at $50 right now, and the people who feel the stock falling to under a dollar is a good thing. How the recent failures are all stepping stones and if you just invest more, sunshine and happiness are sure to follow. Better days are coming, best buy now.
link to original post



I'm quite confident your prediction about Cytodyn will be the same as your predictions about Bitcoin.

Hey, Bill, why don't you post in the Bitcoin thread anymore? When it was at $30,000 per Bitcoin and you ragged about people buying?
link to original post



My prediction for bitcoin was it would go under $40,000 and then rebound. That is exactly what it did. I don't post in that thread anymore because I have no interest in bitcoin. I never ragged about people buying it at $30,000. To say I did is simply not true. When it was $60,000, I said it was a bad investment and seeing where it is today, a rational person would say I was correct. This is just another example of you being unable to have a honest discussion.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11096
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
January 5th, 2022 at 10:16:36 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: DRich

I bought in CYDY at $3 for $1000 based on DarkOz's posts and enthusiasm. I hold no ill will towards Darkoz but I am hoping he will help me get my life back together via my GoFund me account. I am hoping at least one member will help me put my life back together with a $1000 donation after a large baccarat win. With that $1000 donation I will become an advocate for high rolling baccarat players and the incredible skill it requires to constantly win.
link to original post



Thanks DRich.

Cytodyn was my first investment which I got into because of Covid. This whole process has been a learning experience for me.

I have one other NASDAQ stock I purchased about $45,000 worth as well and that's also an unrealized loss at this time.

The stock market apparently isn't for me. Wherever this Cytodyn stock goes I am sticking to my AP. Even when I take a loss, it's only due to management getting wind of me. Otherwise my AP isn't gambling. I get guaranteed results.

This stock market business is too much risk(gambling) for my tastes
link to original post



Then what do you do with all the money you are making? Please donít tell me you have a few million in a money market account or bank account making 0.1% interest per year?

I hope you have most in mutual funds/ETFs that expose you to the + EV stock market without the much higher risk/variance of the individual speculative stocks you bought!
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 29
  • Posts: 2315
Joined: Sep 6, 2014
January 5th, 2022 at 10:30:19 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO



Then what do you do with all the money you are making? Please donít tell me you have a few million in a money market account or bank account making 0.1% interest per year?

I hope you have most in mutual funds/ETFs that expose you to the + EV stock market without the much higher risk/variance of the individual speculative stocks you bought!



Agree with this. The stock market is not scary at all if you're well diversified and have a sufficient time horizon.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 10:47:14 AM permalink
I'm not sure I have ever met a rich person scared of investing in stocks. As DO appears to be middle aged and has said that CYDY was his first stock investment, I'd be curious what he has been doing with his $20,000 a week most weeks in income.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11096
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
January 5th, 2022 at 11:03:19 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm not sure I have ever met a rich person scared of investing in stocks. As DO appears to be middle aged and has said that CYDY was his first stock investment, I'd be curious what he has been doing with his $20,000 a week most weeks in income.
link to original post



I know two. A cousinís hubby worth 8 figures. He said he only invests in what he knows about, and that is real estate. He probably lost half his net worth (on paper) with BLM/pandemic issues in NYC. An ex partner keeps all his money in various FDIC protected bank accounts! He said he makes enough that he doesnít need to risk any of it. Heís still working full time. Iím retired.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 7543
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
January 5th, 2022 at 11:12:51 AM permalink
Didn't DarkOz say he socked much of the money away into pinball machines and comic books? I get the impression that he's more of a spender than a saver. It takes all kinds, and as long as his alleged income keeps coming in he'll be fine....

Personally, I am more of a saver than a spender. Even the high end items I purchase are intended as investments, and they represent just a fraction of my income / net worth.

I can understand actually why he might be more of a spender than a saver. My friends in the movie business (editors, etc.) get paid big bucks for a job for a period of time, then get nada for periods of time. They tend to spend a lot on dining out, rent (many don't own their own homes) including in multiple cities or even countries, travel, etc., perhaps because the money comes in fast and furious when it does and perhaps that sort of easy come easy go spending lends itself to that sort of fluctuating income pattern. So given that DarkOz has that same sort of movie business background, the same habits might be ingrained in him.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 11:18:34 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'm not sure I have ever met a rich person scared of investing in stocks. As DO appears to be middle aged and has said that CYDY was his first stock investment, I'd be curious what he has been doing with his $20,000 a week most weeks in income.
link to original post



And here is more Fud from Bill.

He implies I have been making $20,000 on a semi-weekly basis for several years.

Anyone following me with honesty would know I have built up to that from being homeless in 2014 (I began AP in 2012, made enough to find a place for a month when Hurricane Sandy made me homeless again) I have not been at my current levels for that long.

2018 I was at this level. 2019 I have documented where I lost several operations so it wasn't a spectacular year and 2020 half was zero income due to the pandemic.

But now Bill says he is "...curious what he has been doing with his $20,000 a week..."

Meanwhile based on the history I just wrote it's right in front of his face what I did with my $20,000 semi-weekly. I invested it into Cytodyn! And one other stock. And some Crypto

SMH.

I wonder if Bill thinks I claim to have been making $20,000 a week for the last decade????
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
Thanked by
MDawg
January 5th, 2022 at 11:25:47 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Didn't DarkOz say he socked much of the money away into pinball machines and comic books? I get the impression that he's more of a spender than a saver. It takes all kinds, and as long as his alleged income keeps coming in he'll be fine....

Personally, I am more of a saver than a spender. Even the high end items I purchase are intended as investments, and they represent just a fraction of my income / net worth.

I can understand actually why he might be more of a spender than a saver. My friends in the movie business (editors, etc.) get paid big bucks for a job for a period of time, then get nada for periods of time. They tend to spend a lot on dining out, rent (many don't own their own homes) including in multiple cities or even countries, travel, etc., perhaps because the money comes in fast and furious when it does and perhaps that sort of easy come easy go spending lends itself to that sort of fluctuating income pattern. So given that DarkOz has that same sort of movie business background, the same habits might be ingrained in him.
link to original post



I would concur with this assessment.

I am a spender definitely. Family trips to Disney (two weeks for up to fifteen relatives), pinball machines, comics.

I don't think it's too much to ask Wizard to vouch but when he came to NY for my law suit I showed him my pachinko machines collection and my collection of 1960-1980 toy movie cartridges (you hand crank in toy viewers pointed at a light bulb.). My collection is quite extensive.

He said he was very impressed at the time.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
January 5th, 2022 at 11:26:58 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Didn't DarkOz say he socked much of the money away into pinball machines and comic books? I get the impression that he's more of a spender than a saver. It takes all kinds, and as long as his alleged income keeps coming in he'll be fine....

Personally, I am more of a saver than a spender. Even the high end items I purchase are intended as investments, and they represent just a fraction of my income / net worth.

I can understand actually why he might be more of a spender than a saver. My friends in the movie business (editors, etc.) get paid big bucks for a job for a period of time, then get nada for periods of time. They tend to spend a lot on dining out, rent (many don't own their own homes) including in multiple cities or even countries, travel, etc., perhaps because the money comes in fast and furious when it does and perhaps that sort of easy come easy go spending lends itself to that sort of fluctuating income pattern. So given that DarkOz has that same sort of movie business background, the same habits might be ingrained in him.
link to original post



Aren't comic books and pinball machines kind of like the Rolex's in that they are things that people like to have, enjoy and perhaps sometimes show off that are sort of an investment at the same time? I know that, for comic book collectors, many of them will purchase expensive comic books with an eye towards them perhaps appreciating in value and consider it kind of a collecting niche somewhat in the same way as Rolex aficionados collect those. In fact, I know that's true.

I'm not so sure what the market is like for pinball machines or whether or not those are purchased with an eye towards appreciation. I genuinely know nothing about the collecting of pinball machines and, to that point, do not even like pinball. I don't like comic books or watches, either, but that seems a bit more widely known that there is a collection market for those things, or at least, one that I have heard of.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 7543
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
January 5th, 2022 at 11:28:34 AM permalink
Yes vintage comic books certainly (perhaps also pinball machines) probably retain their value, or increase.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 11:30:51 AM permalink
You've made so many claims, and retreated from them so many times I have no idea what you are currently claiming and am dubious of anything you do claim. I simply don't understand why anyone feels the need to make claims about their income on a forum. If you want to claim you are a millionaire or that you lived in the subways for seven years, go for it. If you want to claim you make $20,000 a week but aren't a millionaire, go right ahead. If you wish to discuss your summer home in a very exclusive part of Central Park, go right ahead. If you wish to confuse bi-weekly with semi weekly, go for it.
You offered to fill us in on the details of how third parties are screwing with lemonlabob. I'm still waiting.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 11:46:04 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

You've made so many claims, and retreated from them so many times I have no idea what you are currently claiming and am dubious of anything you do claim. I simply don't understand why anyone feels the need to make claims about their income on a forum. If you want to claim you are a millionaire or that you lived in the subways for seven years, go for it. If you want to claim you make $20,000 a week but aren't a millionaire, go right ahead. If you wish to discuss your summer home in a very exclusive part of Central Park, go right ahead. If you wish to confuse bi-weekly with semi weekly, go for it.
You offered to fill us in on the details of how third parties are screwing with lemonlabob. I'm still waiting.
link to original post



I do not recall ever retreating from claims I HAVE MADE.

A lot of people make claims for me, saying I said this and that and suddenly people believe them more than me.

I never claimed to be millionaire nor did I ever claim to live in the subway for SEVEN years (it was two although I was without a home for seven years. There is a difference)

It will not surprise me if in a few weeks people claim I said I have a summer home in Central Park just because you mentioned it.

I don't know what lemonlabob is so can't say much. I will talk about Leronlimab at some point.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
Thanked by
MDawg
January 5th, 2022 at 11:52:00 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Yes vintage comic books certainly (perhaps also pinball machines) probably retain their value, or increase.
link to original post



Pinballs like comic books retain and even raise in value depending on model, rarity and demand.

Even a broken pinball can sell because their value is in parts. Many pinball parts were made from now defunct companies and as pinballs break down, broken models get raided for parts. Naturally as parts and the models get lower in numbers the price for those units can rise.

Also, there is the artwork from the pinballs, especially the backglass. I have seen just pinball backglass, with awesome eyedropping artwork, if fully restored/painted sell even without the machine.

I just purchased a Whiffle, the world's first modern pinball machine, created 90 years ago in 1931 and in excellent condition still working. It's a beauty. Gotta pay a nickel to play.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 12:41:57 PM permalink
July 28th, 2020 at 3:13:39 PMpermalink
Quote: darkoz
I have taken a further plunge into Cytodyn and my belief in Leronlimab.

Purchased another 1700 shares this morning.

Brings my total up to 5000 shares @$3.81

I have $19,000 invested in this stock so far.



That's it? Isn't that a day's wages for you? 🤙
100% risk of ruin
QUOTE
REPLY
THANK YOU

darkoz
darkoz
Joined:Dec 22, 2009Threads: 265Posts: 9029July 28th, 2020 at 3:32:34 PMpermalink
Quote: RogerKint
That's it? Isn't that a day's wages for you? 🤙



A week's wages.

Still it is my first ever stock purchase.

For me it's a big plunge

Approximately what I would invest in a casino play so I'm going by that. I don't want to risk any more than I would on a play


The post that started it all. DO claiming $19,000 is a weeks wages for him.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
January 5th, 2022 at 12:48:50 PM permalink
Wait a minute...that's what the last eighty-seven years of this $20,000 stuff have been based on? Isn't that a little bit of a flippant statement to be such a big deal for this long? I don't get what about the statement is supposed to imply that he makes that every week.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 1:18:45 PM permalink
It's the acorn from which this grew.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 5th, 2022 at 1:44:59 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Wait a minute...that's what the last eighty-seven years of this $20,000 stuff have been based on? Isn't that a little bit of a flippant statement to be such a big deal for this long? I don't get what about the statement is supposed to imply that he makes that every week.
link to original post



I'm going to be quiet while Bill sinks his own argument.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 6th, 2022 at 6:42:45 AM permalink
Eighty-seven cents this morning. Looks like a death spiral.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12334
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
January 6th, 2022 at 8:40:31 AM permalink
The Art of Selling a Losing Position
https://www.investopedia.com/investing/selling-a-losing-stock/

I'm endorsing anything.

But, hey, that break even chart a few paragraphs down.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 11906
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
January 6th, 2022 at 8:40:58 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Eighty-seven cents this morning. Looks like a death spiral.
link to original post



Or a great buying opportunity.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 6th, 2022 at 10:49:50 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: billryan

Eighty-seven cents this morning. Looks like a death spiral.
link to original post



Or a great buying opportunity.
link to original post



Yeah I brought more at a $1.

Investing is always gambling. That someone not invested would keep track of someone else's investment losses (while almost certainly keeping quiet when their investment does well) is just pitiful.

EB did that a lot.

It's indicative of someone who doesn't do well in life and needs to validate their own losses by pointing out when others have losses.

This might be a major loss for me but I am sticking to my guns. I actually haven't lost a penny just like I didn't earn a penny when it shot up to $10.

It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 11096
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
January 6th, 2022 at 11:08:14 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz



It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
link to original post



I donít look at it that way. As a CYDY owner, I paid $1600 for shares now worth around $800. (Rounded for simplicity). I would say ĎIím down $800 on my CYDY pickí. For tax purposes, you are right that as of today the government is unaware that Iíve lost money.

To me, the value of the stock I own TODAY is what matters. Heck, I figure out what Iím up or down if not daily, then weekly. None of that involves me selling the stock. But it is a REAL value.

Back to youÖ. You did some research. Made a guess. Put your money where your mouth is. It hasnít worked out, and Iíll add the word Ďyetí for you. Iím not selling my stake. But if asked honestly, all the evidence points to $0 before $2 again. I hope Iím wrong.

I have made a few $$ of CYDY apparently as my shares have been borrowed frequently by short sellers. Iíd rather make the $$ if it hits $2 again!
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 6th, 2022 at 11:27:48 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz



It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
link to original post



I donít look at it that way. As a CYDY owner, I paid $1600 for shares now worth around $800. (Rounded for simplicity). I would say ĎIím down $800 on my CYDY pickí. For tax purposes, you are right that as of today the government is unaware that Iíve lost money.

To me, the value of the stock I own TODAY is what matters. Heck, I figure out what Iím up or down if not daily, then weekly. None of that involves me selling the stock. But it is a REAL value.

Back to youÖ. You did some research. Made a guess. Put your money where your mouth is. It hasnít worked out, and Iíll add the word Ďyetí for you. Iím not selling my stake. But if asked honestly, all the evidence points to $0 before $2 again. I hope Iím wrong.

I have made a few $$ of CYDY apparently as my shares have been borrowed frequently by short sellers. Iíd rather make the $$ if it hits $2 again!
link to original post



But saying you are down $800 on your Cytodyn pick has as much value for cash in your pocket as if Cytodyn goes up to where you can say "I am up $800 on my Cytodyn pick".

It's a crying anger or chest pounding moment respectively but has no impact on your wallet if you don't sell.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3624
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
January 6th, 2022 at 11:38:48 AM permalink
They say the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. You can personally define it however you choose. Clearly it has more value to you in your opinion than what someone else is willing to pay for it at this time.

Dark, you were successful in your past career as I understand but were unable or unwilling to put enough away to get you through an unforeseen lean time.

If you are going to invest in the market, might be smart to put the majority of it away in lower volatility index funds or something not self managed like a wealthfront or betterment type thing. Leave a smaller portion for your personal picks, people like to stroke their ego when theyíre right on that stuff and talk about it and thatís fine no different than recreational gamblers, but theyíre unable to see their own blind spots and get emotional/bullheaded about things.

You may end up being right, in which case youíd be right either way if you didnít sell it all, but most would agree youíre being a bit bullheaded and stubborn here by continuously doubling down and adding more.

Market resistance and adverse selection are not things to take lightly and itís a good idea for anyone to give themselves a brief education in it if they havenít. Youíve described or hinted at adverse selection with the FDA or a third party in the past on this stock. Even if youíre right it can bury the investment. You can be right more often than youíre wrong but continuously doubling down on one thing you might end up being wrong on wipes out more than one correct decision. Yeah yeah, I know good thing you make plenty of money in your occupation that itís not devastating. That point is a deflection and defense mechanism.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 6th, 2022 at 12:16:45 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

They say the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. You can personally define it however you choose. Clearly it has more value to you in your opinion than what someone else is willing to pay for it at this time.

Dark, you were successful in your past career as I understand but were unable or unwilling to put enough away to get you through an unforeseen lean time.

If you are going to invest in the market, might be smart to put the majority of it away in lower volatility index funds or something not self managed like a wealthfront or betterment type thing. Leave a smaller portion for your personal picks, people like to stroke their ego when theyíre right on that stuff and talk about it and thatís fine no different than recreational gamblers, but theyíre unable to see their own blind spots and get emotional/bullheaded about things.

You may end up being right, in which case youíd be right either way if you didnít sell it all, but most would agree youíre being a bit bullheaded and stubborn here by continuously doubling down and adding more.

Market resistance and adverse selection are not things to take lightly and itís a good idea for anyone to give themselves a brief education in it if they havenít. Youíve described or hinted at adverse selection with the FDA or a third party in the past on this stock. Even if youíre right it can bury the investment. You can be right more often than youíre wrong but continuously doubling down on one thing you might end up being wrong on wipes out more than one correct decision. Yeah yeah, I know good thing you make plenty of money in your occupation that itís not devastating. That point is a deflection and defense mechanism.
link to original post



I agree.

I think I am just not going to invest in the future.

Stick to what you know.

Even if it turns out I am right the money that's tied up throws me off. I feel like I don't have it even when I am up.

With cash on hand to do AP it doesn't feel like my money isn't in my pocket (no I don't keep.it all physically in my pocket)
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 6th, 2022 at 1:10:45 PM permalink
You make $20,000 a week most weeks but are concerned about having $60,000 tied up? Have you ever thought of getting a financial advisor?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 6th, 2022 at 1:45:33 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

You make $20,000 a week most weeks but are concerned about having $60,000 tied up? Have you ever thought of getting a financial advisor?
link to original post



I have $150,000 tied up but not all in Cytodyn. I have a NASDAQ listed stock that's also under water.

Interestingly my Crypto is up.

Where did you get the $60,000 from?

For that matter where did you get "most weeks" from. I never said most weeks. I said not every week.

And 2020 that included 25 weeks straight with nothing due to covid.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 7:22:24 AM permalink
After some strange after hours trading, cydy is at .76 as we speak.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 7:28:20 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz



It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
link to original post



I donít look at it that way. As a CYDY owner, I paid $1600 for shares now worth around $800. (Rounded for simplicity). I would say ĎIím down $800 on my CYDY pickí. For tax purposes, you are right that as of today the government is unaware that Iíve lost money.

To me, the value of the stock I own TODAY is what matters. Heck, I figure out what Iím up or down if not daily, then weekly. None of that involves me selling the stock. But it is a REAL value.

Back to youÖ. You did some research. Made a guess. Put your money where your mouth is. It hasnít worked out, and Iíll add the word Ďyetí for you. Iím not selling my stake. But if asked honestly, all the evidence points to $0 before $2 again. I hope Iím wrong.

I have made a few $$ of CYDY apparently as my shares have been borrowed frequently by short sellers. Iíd rather make the $$ if it hits $2 again!
link to original post



But saying you are down $800 on your Cytodyn pick has as much value for cash in your pocket as if Cytodyn goes up to where you can say "I am up $800 on my Cytodyn pick".

It's a crying anger or chest pounding moment respectively but has no impact on your wallet if you don't sell.
link to original post



I like this philosophy. Sure I might have dropped twenty grand at the BJ table, but as long as I keep gambling, I haven't lost really lost anything.
As long as you refuse to admit you lost, you must be a winner.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12334
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
January 7th, 2022 at 7:30:06 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

They say the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. You can personally define it however you choose. Clearly it has more value to you in your opinion than what someone else is willing to pay for it at this time.
link to original post



You don't even need any value to start.
How A TikToker Traded Up From A Bobby Pin To A New House
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S1YnTKnWGQ
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 7:34:42 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: billryan

Eighty-seven cents this morning. Looks like a death spiral.
link to original post



Or a great buying opportunity.
link to original post



Absolutely. You'd think some giant evil pharmaceutical group would swoop in and steal lemonlabob for pennies on the dollar.
Earnings are out next week. Shares have lost roughly half their value since the last report and are down well over 80% since Jan 2021.
Damn saboteurs.

The good thing is most investors can use this loss to offset some of their gains.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:00:26 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: darkoz

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz



It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
link to original post



I donít look at it that way. As a CYDY owner, I paid $1600 for shares now worth around $800. (Rounded for simplicity). I would say ĎIím down $800 on my CYDY pickí. For tax purposes, you are right that as of today the government is unaware that Iíve lost money.

To me, the value of the stock I own TODAY is what matters. Heck, I figure out what Iím up or down if not daily, then weekly. None of that involves me selling the stock. But it is a REAL value.

Back to youÖ. You did some research. Made a guess. Put your money where your mouth is. It hasnít worked out, and Iíll add the word Ďyetí for you. Iím not selling my stake. But if asked honestly, all the evidence points to $0 before $2 again. I hope Iím wrong.

I have made a few $$ of CYDY apparently as my shares have been borrowed frequently by short sellers. Iíd rather make the $$ if it hits $2 again!
link to original post



But saying you are down $800 on your Cytodyn pick has as much value for cash in your pocket as if Cytodyn goes up to where you can say "I am up $800 on my Cytodyn pick".

It's a crying anger or chest pounding moment respectively but has no impact on your wallet if you don't sell.
link to original post



I like this philosophy. Sure I might have dropped twenty grand at the BJ table, but as long as I keep gambling, I haven't lost really lost anything.
As long as you refuse to admit you lost, you must be a winner.
link to original post



Bill, if that's what you think I meant then you really don't understand.

Since you want to make some ridiculous comparison to Blackjack let me enlighten you.

You make a $20,000 wager at Blackjack first hand. You bust and lose. You are out $20,000.

The second hand at Blackjack dealer busts But you didn't wager. Even though you could have gotten back to even you didn't. Why? Because you ACTUALLY lost $20,000 on the first hand of Blackjack.

Now the stock market. You put $20,000 on a stock at $10 per share. The price tanks to $1.

Then the price rises to $10 per share again. You didn't add a penny but now if you sell you haven't lost anything. Why? Because until you sell, you haven't won or lost.

That's a huge difference between Blackjack and stiock investing.

Do you understand the difference now?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:06:22 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Quote: billryan

Quote: darkoz

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz



It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
link to original post



I donít look at it that way. As a CYDY owner, I paid $1600 for shares now worth around $800. (Rounded for simplicity). I would say ĎIím down $800 on my CYDY pickí. For tax purposes, you are right that as of today the government is unaware that Iíve lost money.

To me, the value of the stock I own TODAY is what matters. Heck, I figure out what Iím up or down if not daily, then weekly. None of that involves me selling the stock. But it is a REAL value.

Back to youÖ. You did some research. Made a guess. Put your money where your mouth is. It hasnít worked out, and Iíll add the word Ďyetí for you. Iím not selling my stake. But if asked honestly, all the evidence points to $0 before $2 again. I hope Iím wrong.

I have made a few $$ of CYDY apparently as my shares have been borrowed frequently by short sellers. Iíd rather make the $$ if it hits $2 again!
link to original post



But saying you are down $800 on your Cytodyn pick has as much value for cash in your pocket as if Cytodyn goes up to where you can say "I am up $800 on my Cytodyn pick".

It's a crying anger or chest pounding moment respectively but has no impact on your wallet if you don't sell.
link to original post



I like this philosophy. Sure I might have dropped twenty grand at the BJ table, but as long as I keep gambling, I haven't lost really lost anything.
As long as you refuse to admit you lost, you must be a winner.
link to original post



Bill, if that's what you think I meant then you really don't understand.

Since you want to make some ridiculous comparison to Blackjack let me enlighten you.

You make a $20,000 wager at Blackjack first hand. You bust and lose. You are out $20,000.

The second hand at Blackjack dealer busts But you didn't wager. Even though you could have gotten back to even you didn't. Why? Because you ACTUALLY lost $20,000 on the first hand of Blackjack.

Now the stock market. You put $20,000 on a stock at $10 per share. The price tanks to $1.

Then the price rises to $10 per share again. You didn't add a penny but now if you sell you haven't lost anything. Why? Because until you sell, you haven't won or lost.

That's a huge difference between Blackjack and stiock investing.

Do you understand the difference now?
link to original post



No, can you please teach me how the stock market works. I've evidently been doing in all wrong since I bought my first share of Sears in 1967.
Evidently I've been playing BJ wrong as well. Who knew you were supposed to wager your entire bankroll on the first bet.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:12:36 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: darkoz

Quote: billryan

Quote: darkoz

Quote: SOOPOO

Quote: darkoz



It's all unrealized. For someone to not understand that stock goes both up AND down and the only thing that matters is the price when you sell is sad.
link to original post



I donít look at it that way. As a CYDY owner, I paid $1600 for shares now worth around $800. (Rounded for simplicity). I would say ĎIím down $800 on my CYDY pickí. For tax purposes, you are right that as of today the government is unaware that Iíve lost money.

To me, the value of the stock I own TODAY is what matters. Heck, I figure out what Iím up or down if not daily, then weekly. None of that involves me selling the stock. But it is a REAL value.

Back to youÖ. You did some research. Made a guess. Put your money where your mouth is. It hasnít worked out, and Iíll add the word Ďyetí for you. Iím not selling my stake. But if asked honestly, all the evidence points to $0 before $2 again. I hope Iím wrong.

I have made a few $$ of CYDY apparently as my shares have been borrowed frequently by short sellers. Iíd rather make the $$ if it hits $2 again!
link to original post



But saying you are down $800 on your Cytodyn pick has as much value for cash in your pocket as if Cytodyn goes up to where you can say "I am up $800 on my Cytodyn pick".

It's a crying anger or chest pounding moment respectively but has no impact on your wallet if you don't sell.
link to original post



I like this philosophy. Sure I might have dropped twenty grand at the BJ table, but as long as I keep gambling, I haven't lost really lost anything.
As long as you refuse to admit you lost, you must be a winner.
link to original post



Bill, if that's what you think I meant then you really don't understand.

Since you want to make some ridiculous comparison to Blackjack let me enlighten you.

You make a $20,000 wager at Blackjack first hand. You bust and lose. You are out $20,000.

The second hand at Blackjack dealer busts But you didn't wager. Even though you could have gotten back to even you didn't. Why? Because you ACTUALLY lost $20,000 on the first hand of Blackjack.

Now the stock market. You put $20,000 on a stock at $10 per share. The price tanks to $1.

Then the price rises to $10 per share again. You didn't add a penny but now if you sell you haven't lost anything. Why? Because until you sell, you haven't won or lost.

That's a huge difference between Blackjack and stiock investing.

Do you understand the difference now?
link to original post



No, can you please teach me how the stock market works. I've evidently been doing in all wrong since I bought my first share of Sears in 1967.
Evidently I've been playing BJ wrong as well. Who knew you were supposed to wager your entire bankroll on the first bet.
link to original post



Well you did admit you lost like 85% of some of your investments. You should have held.

Buy high and sell low was your mistake.

I will give you some other tidbits as we go.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
January 7th, 2022 at 8:20:32 AM permalink
I don't even know what this conversation is, at this point.

Let me ask you this: If someone bought SHLD (now SHLDQ) at, say, $120/share and has yet to sell their shares---is it your position that they have not lost money yet?

I mean, I understand that trading and investments are always going to be about speculation, but I think it's safe to say that the people who bought SHLD at $120/share aren't getting that money back.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:26:29 AM permalink
Another example of your inability to have a honest conversation.
I see you now say you don't make $20,000 most weeks. Which confuses me even more. Why did you say you made $20,000 a week when you don't do it every week or even most weeks. You didn't say I occasionally make $20,000 a week, which happens to be a statement I could truthfully say, but never would.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:26:41 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I don't even know what this conversation is, at this point.

Let me ask you this: If someone bought SHLD (now SHLDQ) at, say, $120/share and has yet to sell their shares---is it your position that they have not lost money yet?

I mean, I understand that trading and investments are always going to be about speculation, but I think it's safe to say that the people who bought SHLD at $120/share aren't getting that money back.
link to original post



I agree they probably aren't getting their money back but again you asking about speculation.

You do agree that if somehow the price did come back up to $120 that the Investor who held would have lost nothing per share?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:30:56 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Another example of your inability to have a honest conversation.
I see you now say you don't make $20,000 most weeks. Which confuses me even more. Why did you say you made $20,000 a week when you don't do it every week or even most weeks. You didn't say I occasionally make $20,000 a week, which happens to be a statement I could truthfully say, but never would.
link to original post



Who isn't being honest?

Please find the quote where I said I make $20,000 a week MOST WEEKS!
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
January 7th, 2022 at 8:36:38 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz



I agree they probably aren't getting their money back but again you asking about speculation.

You do agree that if somehow the price did come back up to $120 that the Investor who held would have lost nothing per share?
link to original post



There is no, "If." They have 107.91M outstanding shares for a company that effectively does not exist, does not operate and does not own anything. I guess there are a few pending lawsuits against Eddie Lampert, but the SHLDQ common shareholders aren't going to get anything out of the settlement---even if it goes as well as it possibly could. Those lawsuits might even be resolved, by now, I haven't been paying attention.

Anyway, my statement was just to the effect that what you said does not always hold...nothing to do with CYDY specifically.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:42:34 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Quote: darkoz



I agree they probably aren't getting their money back but again you asking about speculation.

You do agree that if somehow the price did come back up to $120 that the Investor who held would have lost nothing per share?
link to original post



There is no, "If." They have 107.91M outstanding shares for a company that effectively does not exist, does not operate and does not own anything. I guess there are a few pending lawsuits against Eddie Lampert, but the SHLDQ common shareholders aren't going to get anything out of the settlement---even if it goes as well as it possibly could. Those lawsuits might even be resolved, by now, I haven't been paying attention.

Anyway, my statement was just to the effect that what you said does not always hold...nothing to do with CYDY specifically.
link to original post



Well I haven't done research on Sears. Of course I know it used to be a bunch of b&m stores. My mom used to shop there.

Of course Sears is an interesting comparison to Cytodyn. The biggest argument people had with me is I invested in a penny stock. As you show, NASDAQ stocks don't mean a better investment either.

I'm holding out on Cytodyn because they have a drug that will save people lives and I believe it will get FDA approval once they fix the damages done by a third party vendor.

I will post that story tomorrow. I haven't had time this week as I have other pressing issues. In particular I have wind of a possible shutdown at one of my operations due to covid and I need to pull my "investment" out as quickly as possible just in case. I'm sure you understand.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 8:54:17 AM permalink
So to make it clear for people:

I make about $2,000 an hour consistently.

I work from 2-4 hours per day.

And no, not every day of the week.

Usually that amounts to $20,000 a week.

And no not every week.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
  • Posts: 4658
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
Thanked by
Mission146SOOPOOHunterhill
January 7th, 2022 at 8:59:23 AM permalink
Weird thread. Only weighing in to say unrealized gains and losses are real. Youíve already made or lost value even if you havenít sold yet.

Banks will loan you money with your stock portfolio as collateral. And youíll get a margin call if the value drops sufficiently. And you can withdraw more money if the value rises significantly.

And if Iím asked to report my net worth on a form, I report the current value of my stocks. Not what I paid for them.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 9:02:05 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

So to make it clear for people:

I make about $2,000 an hour consistently.

I work from 2-4 hours per day.

And no, not every day of the week.

Usually that amounts to $20,000 a week.

And no not every week.
link to original post



I rarely work more than two days a week nor do any of my people.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
  • Posts: 16832
Joined: May 15, 2012
January 7th, 2022 at 9:03:15 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz



Well I haven't done research on Sears. Of course I know it used to be a bunch of b&m stores. My mom used to shop there.

Of course Sears is an interesting comparison to Cytodyn. The biggest argument people had with me is I invested in a penny stock. As you show, NASDAQ stocks don't mean a better investment either.

I'm holding out on Cytodyn because they have a drug that will save people lives and I believe it will get FDA approval once they fix the damages done by a third party vendor.

I will post that story tomorrow. I haven't had time this week as I have other pressing issues. In particular I have wind of a possible shutdown at one of my operations due to covid and I need to pull my "investment" out as quickly as possible just in case. I'm sure you understand.
link to original post



There is a private company called TransformCo (who hasn't done a good job of transforming anything) that owns what few Sears and KMart stores remain in the country. TransformCo is (basically) owned by former SHLD CEO, Eddie Lampert, who was also SHLD's primary creditor and who ran the company into the ground...not that the company's death wasn't inevitable anyway (drowning in debt, poor business model, couldn't afford to modernize), but probably killed SHLD a bit ahead of its time.

Anyway, SHLD (Sears Holdings) filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy back in 2018, hence the, "Q," in SHLDQ.

What was bought out of bankruptcy...and, "Bought," is kind of a loose word...went to Eddie Lampert who created TransformCo---which itself is owned by his private equity and hedge fund company called ESL Investments.

The subject of the controversy, assuming it hasn't already been resolved, is the question of whether or not, as CEO of SHLD, Eddie Lampert was, "Self-dealing," by selling SHLD physical properties essentially to himself and then leasing them back to SHLD. His side of the story is that SHLD needed the money to continue to stay alive and make payments to creditors whereas the folks suing claim that Lampert did not pay a fair price for the real property and made no effort to even try to find other potential buyers.

NASDAQ stocks are generally a, "Better investment," than penny stocks. If you're interested, I wrote an article about penny stocks:

https://wizardofvegas.com/articles/playing-the-pennies-stocks/

Because I thought that some people would be looking to dapple with all of the casinos being closed. I usually try not to express an inflated opinion of my own work, but I thought I did a reasonably good job with that one.

Anyway, NASDAQ-listed companies certainly aren't foolproof, but there are certain reporting requirements that they have to do in order to remain listed such that investors/traders can make more informed decisions. Again, nothing is guaranteed, but I'd certainly prefer to pick a NASDAQ company in the dark than an OTC. Top Ships, for example (which you can read about in that article) is still listed on NASDAQ...for some reason.

I understand and am unconcerned with your investment in CYDY anyway. I'm only reading for the banter. I don't know a darn thing about biotech/medicine stocks. The only market segments that I have studied to more than a zero degree are retail and hospitality.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
Thanked by
Mission146
January 7th, 2022 at 9:11:02 AM permalink
https://news.yahoo.com/will-elizabeth-holmess-conviction-change-silicon-valley-223806861.html

Eddie Lambert legally raped Sears. The BOD at CYDY is raping the company and its shareholders. The wheels of Justice turn slowly but this current Justice Department is slowly reintroducing the rule of law and the Holmes' conviction may mark the end of "the fake it until you make it" era of putting out misleading press releases that scream one thing but hide the truth on page 27.
If you want to get rich with pink sheet stocks, get a job selling them.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
  • Posts: 11556
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 9:20:19 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

https://news.yahoo.com/will-elizabeth-holmess-conviction-change-silicon-valley-223806861.html

Eddie Lambert legally raped Sears. The BOD at CYDY is raping the company and its shareholders. The wheels of Justice turn slowly but this current Justice Department is slowly reintroducing the rule of law and the Holmes' conviction may mark the end of th" fake it to you" make era of putting out misleading press releases that scream one thing but hide the truth on page 27.
If you want to get rich with pink sheet stocks, get a job selling them.
link to original post



Excellent.

I will compare Cytodyn to Theranos (since you mistakenly think they are similar) in a later thread.

Probably by this afternoon.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
  • Posts: 16282
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
January 7th, 2022 at 9:27:07 AM permalink
Looking forward to you using your years of investing experiance to compare and contrast Cydy to Theranos. Will you explore Holmes conviction and how it relates to today's environment or stick to the many shareholder suits against the thieves running the company?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12334
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
January 7th, 2022 at 9:48:07 AM permalink
A study I saw a few years back, concluded no one is any happier after 70k a year. (if true, that would depend on several factors still, also, it would be a moving target/) I don't know, if Bezos would be less happy if he couldn't launch a rocket.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 3624
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
January 7th, 2022 at 10:08:19 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

A study I saw a few years back, concluded no one is any happier after 70k a year. (if true, that would depend on several factors still, also, it would be a moving target/) I don't know, if Bezos would be less happy if he couldn't launch a rocket.
link to original post



Would have to be adjusted for inflation and different areas have different COL but itís called the hedonic treadmill.

Basically not having to the background stress of how to pay for insurance/bills, transportation, housing, a little freedom of time allows someone to pursue what makes them happy.

Whether they drive a 10k car or an 80k car, live in a 1000 ft house or 4000 foot house, have one pinball machine or six doesnít make a substantial difference you just get accustomed to it being normal either way other than the dopamine rush of getting something new.
  • Jump to: