Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
August 2nd, 2021 at 10:34:29 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

I believe around the third week of December 2020, I was posting about how CYDY went to 5 and then was pushing 7, in the context of time to sell! sell! sell!

Your philosophy is sell low?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 26
August 2nd, 2021 at 10:43:03 AM permalink
Given that CYDY is around a dollah now, and especially given that 7 would have been a triple for you, how is 7 low?
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
August 2nd, 2021 at 10:56:40 AM permalink

Given that CYDY is around a dollah now, and especially given that 7 would have been a triple for you, how is 7 low?

It sounded like you were advising me to sell now.

I'm holding with the expectation it's going to go much higher than $7 once it's approved.

Approved for Cancer, HIV, NASH (liver disease) and Covid.

If it gets all those approvals it's worth more than $7 a share.
darkoz
darkoz
August 2nd, 2021 at 3:39:05 PM permalink

Nice! job. You know, when you have waited THAT long given that it made it back to 700, you should have sold higher than 706. The theory in general is that if it has made it all the way back to a certain price that is much higher than from where it had dropped, that it will break through that certain price and go even higher.

This theory isn't always valid though. For example, CYDY, looks like it plummeted and returned to 5-7 at least three times but did not go any higher. Now, if it goes back to 5-7 yet another time will it break through to higher? The theory says - YES, but let's wait and see.

Well, I am not investing on theories of finance.

I'm going with the science of an investigational drug that will hopefully prove to benefit cancer and HIV patients. And Covid too.

Your finance theory is sound if you are just putting your money into anything that moves.

I'm actually invested in the future of the stock, not just looking to make a few bucks next week
MDawg
MDawg
August 2nd, 2021 at 3:43:23 PM permalink
The theory is sound for a solid stock. Another stock, someone looking at the fact that it failed to break through 7 a couple times, someone might say that it is a weak stock, and therefore the theory does not apply. You would want the theory to apply. For it not to apply, that would mean that CYDY will never get over 5 - 7.

Technical analysis always applies to some extent though. For whatever reason, CYDY encounters strong resistance at 5 - 7. Of course, it is going to have to get back to 5 to begin with in order to test resistance in the first place.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
August 2nd, 2021 at 5:21:30 PM permalink

The theory is sound for a solid stock. Another stock, someone looking at the fact that it failed to break through 7 a couple times, someone might say that it is a weak stock, and therefore the theory does not apply. You would want the theory to apply. For it not to apply, that would mean that CYDY will never get over 5 - 7.

Technical analysis always applies to some extent though. For whatever reason, CYDY encounters strong resistance at 5 - 7. Of course, it is going to have to get back to 5 to begin with in order to test resistance in the first place.

I get what you are saying but biotech startups are a different animal.

They typically take ten to twenty years to get a single sale (read FDA clearance required) and burn through millions of dollars doing it.

It's like looking at the metal girders of a building under construction and then saying a landlord can make rent easier if he buys a finished building.

Well, yeah, until the construction work is completed, of course.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
Thanks for this post from:
darkoz
August 2nd, 2021 at 5:49:05 PM permalink
The difference is that one is trading a stock and the other is investing in a company.
Order from chaos
MDawg
MDawg
August 3rd, 2021 at 9:48:50 AM permalink
Not sure if he is trying to say that the approach is what matters, but just because one believes in a company does not make it an investment quality stock. The market decides that not one person.

Meantime, TSLA taking a small breather, and AMZN green again but has a long way to go back to 3700.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
August 3rd, 2021 at 12:20:56 PM permalink

Not sure if he is trying to say that the approach is what matters, but just because one believes in a company does not make it an investment quality stock. The market decides that not one person.

Meantime, TSLA taking a small breather, and AMZN green again but has a long way to go back to 3700.

Investing in a biotech that hopes to sell a drug is a generally losing proposition, but every now and then you can hit a home run. I believe Moderna was $14 two years ago today, and is $378 now. So a $14k investment is now $378k. The latest uptick is NOT because of its COVID -19 shot, but related to a different virus vaccine, for RSV. Moderna has earnings coming out any day now, and Iím expecting a big pullback after, as it will remind people that news does not equal profits. I still own only 30 shares so I wonít sell anyÖ..
MDawg
MDawg
August 5th, 2021 at 12:56:58 PM permalink

Crikey!

Jiminy!

AMZN, TSLA, NFLX all green today.

MRNA red today but actually popped shortly after SooPoo posted the above.

• Jump to: