Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 261
July 7th, 2021 at 3:52:32 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg

PRAY TELL!

Don't worry in the MDawg Investments thread it will simply be viewed as yet another banal stock chat convo.

Well DRich and I think alike.

Yes, I invested in a CRISPR stock.

DRich did you invest in CRISPR technology or the stock itself.

CRISPR is gene editing technology and one of the first companies on the scene has CRispr as it's name so some confusion there.

I am invested in a CRISPR stock but not in the company Crispr
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 27
July 8th, 2021 at 3:04:51 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

So you are saying that this would be a good time to average down and buy more? Lol

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/cytodyn-granted-significant-patent-uspto-100000667.html

(lol) no. I know you didn't think that I meant that.

CYDY actually just hit a new 52 week low of 1.40 or some such.

Anyway, in general, while it may seem counterintuitive, buying on the way up is sometimes safer than on the way down. A given stock might be headed for a breakout.

That old line, "Liked it at 10, love it at 5" is sometimes best left for gravelly accented East Coast cold call brokers. Boiler rooms.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
darkoz
darkoz
July 8th, 2021 at 3:26:30 PM permalink

(lol) no. I know you didn't think that I meant that.

CYDY actually just hit a new 52 week low of 1.40 or some such.

Anyway, in general, while it may seem counterintuitive, buying on the way up is sometimes safer than on the way down. A given stock might be headed for a breakout.

That old line, "Liked it at 10, love it at 5" is sometimes best left for gravelly accented East Coast cold call brokers. Boiler rooms.

DRich linked to an article about Cytodyn receiving the patent on Leronlimab. He wasn't suggesting investing on the way down on a hope but on information that the company has hit a legal milestone.

If Leronlimab's molecule is synthesized by any other pharmaceutical company they will owe patent fees or whatever.

Leronlimab has shown extremely good results. It's missed it's end points by a very small margin which is why the FDA refused to okay it (even though a few competing drugs that failed the mark by worse got approved thanks to their big pharma connection but hey welcome to corruption).

Point is this close you don't say "Ok, we were close, next!". What you do is figure out what is needed to hit the mark. Different dosage, different schedule of application etc.

And now if some big pharma company tries to step in and develop their own version guess what, they get a letter of patent from Cytodyn.

So based on information, not "gee, otc sucks" DRich is asking isn't this a good time to buy.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 8th, 2021 at 7:03:22 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I know you don't believe short sellers tactics has an affect on share price but there are enough articles out there that say otherwise.

Who doesnít believe short sellers depress stock price? MDawg?

I donít follow. Short sellers synthetically increase the supply of shares. Econ 101 says that drives down the equilibrium price.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 8th, 2021 at 7:12:20 PM permalink

What we discussed was that short selling is eventually followed by buying to cover and the two will more or less cancel each other out. In the long term mere short selling alone will not affect a stock's price.

Ok. I agree with that statement. Once the short interest is gone, the stock goes back to where it was.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz
July 8th, 2021 at 7:26:22 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Ok. I agree with that statement. Once the short interest is gone, the stock goes back to where it was.

From this chart the short interest in Cytodyn hasn't gone away. I'm fact it's risen.

MDawg
MDawg
July 12th, 2021 at 1:39:25 PM permalink
Still g-g-g-g-oingggg up! Market doing well.

No second dip yet!

TSLA nice bounce too, today. AMZN more or less flat, and well above 3700.
I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
MDawg
MDawg
July 15th, 2021 at 11:18:35 AM permalink

The dip/sell off was only Thursday, and Friday the market rebounded completely. Beware - typically when recovery comes that fast there is a second, more violent dip.

Second dip in process, as relates to the Nasdaq,.
darkoz
darkoz
July 15th, 2021 at 8:20:14 PM permalink

Crikey!

It's all a nothing burger until I sell or they go bankrupt.

Not sure what daily watching does for you.

I still own the same shares as months ago and have no problem holding for years if necessary.

I make so much at AP, this investment is just a drop in the bucket
darkoz
darkoz
July 16th, 2021 at 5:12:55 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

That very well may be true, but it is irrelevant to the discussion of the individual stock, CYDY. And you bought it to go up, not down. I do not think you made a mistake buying it. I do think you made a mistake not selling halfish when it doubled from your initial investment. Especially since this was basically your first foray into a risky individual stock.

I brought it because I believe in the science behind the drug

I still believe the science is sound and still am hopeful for approval and eventual profit

Of course, I want the price to go up. I didn't sell because simply doubling the sp was nowhere near price potential if and when this drug is approved.

Biotech investment is filled with ups and downs so scared money is almost certainly going to be lost money was my point. I'm not scared money and can weather these dark days stock price wise.

• Jump to: