Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz 
  • Threads: 297
April 20th, 2022 at 8:27:06 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: DRich

Does Macias Gini & O'Connell LLP somehow translate to Price Waterhouse Cooper? I have heard of them.

I am rooting for them, I currently hold about $75 worth of Cytodyn
link to original post

Have you looked into joining any of the lawsuits? They seem like a slam-dunk to me, but it is a matter of what is left to recover after the Board has been raping the company for the last few years.

Multi-purpose in a jar, if you ain't sick it will shine your car
Then I read in the middle east, they traded some for a hostage release
Now if you're bald it will give you hair,
If you got straight trousers, it will give you flares.
Immunity from ridicule, improves your brains if your a fool
link to original post

A number of lawsuits from shareholders have already been dismissed.

The latest one is scheduled to be decided for dismissal on May 22nd. Maybe it will maybe it won't.

Not certain what you think a slam dunk is but apparently you can't tell one very well.

Shareholders don't get their money back just because an investment went south.

I see so many accusations about Cytodyn yet they still are trading and still have zero charges against them for any criminality.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
April 20th, 2022 at 8:33:42 AM permalink

Does Macias Gini & O'Connell LLP somehow translate to Price Waterhouse Cooper? I have heard of them.

link to original post

No, i have no interest and wouldn't invest 10 minutes of my time. I picked a stock and lost, it seems to be my forte.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
April 20th, 2022 at 8:40:34 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

link to original post

Have you looked into joining any of the lawsuits? They seem like a slam-dunk to me, but it is a matter of what is left to recover after the Board has been raping the company for the last few years.

link to original post

The latest one is scheduled to be decided for dismissal on May 22nd. Maybe it will maybe it won't.

Not certain what you think a slam dunk is but apparently you can't tell one very well.

I see so many accusations about Cytodyn yet they still are trading and still have zero charges against them for any criminality.
link to original post

Shareholders don't get their money back when an investment goes south unless it can be shown that there was malfeasance involved.
Does putting out proveably false and misleading press releases go beyond puffery and into deception? Are the books cooked? We shall see.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz 
April 20th, 2022 at 8:49:18 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Shareholders don't get their money back when an investment goes south unless it can be shown that there was malfeasance involved.
Does putting out proveably false and misleading press releases go beyond puffery and into deception? Are the books cooked? We shall see.
link to original post

Yes we shall see.

The biggest hurdle I see with all the shareholders lawsuits is that they need to prove that Leronlimab is a fraud and that Cytodyn knew this.

If Cytodyn didn't know, ergo, they were just as hopeful as everyone else that the FDA would pass Leronlimab for use then this is just a failed trial like so many others.

And yet the FDA has been following testing on Leronlimab for eight years. So was the FDA fooled for eight years?

Or did the drug seem hopeful and simply fail to be approved?

The RTF from the FDA (refuse to file) may have denied Cytodyn an approval but reading why they didn't get approved is literally the defense Cytodyn will show. Literally page after page of scientific analysis of the data by the FDA.

Anyone who believes the FDA examined all that data could not conclud Leronlimab was a fraud is out of their mind.

Shareholders just have to grow up and stop regretting their investment when it goes south.
billryan
billryan
April 20th, 2022 at 9:02:57 AM permalink
You are mistaken, No one has to prove lemonlabob works or is a fraud.
The company made a number of misleading statements concerning lemonlabob and corona. Long after their results showed it had no effect on it, they continued to push "promising "results. Remember when you were telling everyone lemonlabob was going to put an end to the pandemic? The truth was it had already been shown it was next to useless. Based on these misleading statements, the stock skyrocketed. The really sad thing is you folks invested in a steaming pile of shit, yet had the opportunity to sell to the proverbial greater fools and walk away with a nice profit.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
darkoz
darkoz 
April 20th, 2022 at 9:08:18 AM permalink

You are mistaken, No one has to prove lemonlabob works or is a fraud.
The company made a number of misleading statements concerning lemonlabob and corona. Long after their results showed it had no effect on it, they continued to push "promising "results. Remember when you were telling everyone lemonlabob was going to put an end to the pandemic? The truth was it had already been shown it was next to useless. Based on these misleading statements, the stock skyrocketed. The really sad thing is you folks invested in a steaming pile of shit, yet had the opportunity to sell to the proverbial greater fools and walk away with a nice profit.
link to original post

It was already shown to be next to useless prior to the pandemic?

Please provide proof?

Where is the stock been halted trading? Where are the indictments?

And you just contradict yourself. Shareholders don't have to prove fraud, just that Cytodyn lied. Yeah, methinks that's fraud. Not certain what you call it

Guess that's why you don't know what a slam dunk is.
billryan
billryan
April 20th, 2022 at 9:24:31 AM permalink
Your supposed $80,000 is now worth about $500 and you are gloating? How bizarre.
darkoz
darkoz 
April 20th, 2022 at 9:30:08 AM permalink

Your supposed $80,000 is now worth about $500 and you are gloating? How bizarre.
link to original post

I'm not gloating. I made an investment into a promising drug that didn't pan out.

You are trying to convince me I was duped. I don't see it that way. I made an investment in a risky field that didn't work out.
billryan
billryan
April 20th, 2022 at 9:45:51 AM permalink
I'm not trying to convince you of anything and I certainly don't think you were duped. Far from it.
100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 640
June 14th, 2022 at 4:56:54 AM permalink
Cydy went to up .50 last week then dropped to .35 because of yesterday's bad market.
Anything going on?
Buy if it hits all time low (.28) again?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
darkoz
darkoz 
June 14th, 2022 at 5:59:56 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

Cydy went to up .50 last week then dropped to .35 because of yesterday's bad market.
Anything going on?
link to original post

It went up on the news that two different peer review journals published articles that Leronlimab works for Nash (liver disease) and certain cancers.

There is a presentation at some medical conference June 25th that's supposed to be major

Lawsuits have mostly been dismissed or settled in Cytodyn's favor. There are maybe two outstanding.

Amarex was forced to hand over the hostage data so hopefully the HIV BLA gets resubmitted soon
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 17th, 2022 at 8:29:00 AM permalink
So why is cydy dropping 5% today when the market is breakeven to slightly up?

Lately,it usually jumps back up to .50 on non-down days
darkoz
darkoz 
June 17th, 2022 at 8:57:43 AM permalink

So why is cydy dropping 5% today when the market is breakeven to slightly up?

Lately,it usually jumps back up to .50 on non-down days
link to original post

I don't pay attention to a few percent since I am currently way down.

It's not going to pop until FDA approval.
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 17th, 2022 at 1:37:52 PM permalink

[It's not going to pop until FDA approval.
link to original post

Whats your confidence level of FDA approving within the next 12 months?
darkoz
darkoz 
June 17th, 2022 at 2:45:54 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

It won't be approved in the next 12 months my opinion.

They have to resubmit the BLA and are in arbitration because the vendor collating the data messed up

I believe they will announce a partnership with a big drug company in order to fund further trials.

A partnership depending on size might move the SP.

Are you thinking of buying shares?
100xOdds
100xOdds
June 17th, 2022 at 8:44:31 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

It won't be approved in the next 12 months my opinion.

They have to resubmit the BLA and are in arbitration because the vendor collating the data messed up

I believe they will announce a partnership with a big drug company in order to fund further trials.

A partnership depending on size might move the SP.

Are you thinking of buying shares?
link to original post

i bought some at $1/share.
thought of buying more at their low (.23/share) if it ever got there again to average the prices.
100xOdds
100xOdds
July 23rd, 2022 at 6:29:53 AM permalink
cydy went up 50% in the past week to .74/share.

but nothing in google news to justify it?
DRich
DRich
Thanked by
100xOdds
July 23rd, 2022 at 6:33:41 AM permalink

link to original post

...The company’s core areas include respiratory, HIV, immuno-inflammation and oncology, and the company is well known for its vaccines. Its main issue is that it lacks promising late stage immuno-inflammation and immuno-oncology drugs. CytoDyn remains a rare case of acquiring a company with a primary asset that can address all of the focus points of GSK’s new strategy post-spinoff. Not only that; it has a number of phase 2 indications and a BLA for its HIV entry inhibitor is expected to submit to the FDA for approval in 2023.

https://insiderfinancial.com/glaxos-new-focus-after-haleon-spinoff-shines-a-light-on-cytodyn-otcmkts-cydy-as-a-takeover-target/183360/
darkoz
darkoz 
July 23rd, 2022 at 9:02:02 AM permalink

link to original post

The rumor mill is that GSK (Glaxo-Smith-Klien) is about to either partner or buy Cytodyn.

The basis are a number of stars aligning.

GSK just spun off it's core development program as mentioned in the article above.

GSK also hired one of it's new top guys who is the developer of Maraviroc. Maraviroc is now owned by competitor Pfizer. What does that have to do with Leronlimab? Leronlimab and Maraviroc are sister biologics. Both are CCR5 based and have similar mechanism (but Leronlimab has a better overall profile).

The two drugs are close enough that a patent filing in 2020 had to be resubmitted by Dr. Patterson when it infringed on Cytodyn patents. He had to resubmit to make it specific to Maraviroc only.

So the theory is this new top guy clearly understands the importance of Leronlimab and since Maraviroc is gone from his hands and Leronlimab has an even better profile... Well, that one makes sense to me at least.

There are some other tells.

For example Cytodyn went almost completely silent and someone pointed out there is usually an NDA that requires a period of silence before a takeover/merger.

The current rumor is that a company must report anything over 5% ownership and that GSK is quietly accumulating 4.99% to maximize their profits before the major announcement!
unJon
unJon
  • Threads: 14
July 23rd, 2022 at 9:16:20 AM permalink
Hope it’s true for you, DarkOz at a good price. If the stock traded up to $0.74 on the rumor I don’t expect the offer price to be much more than $1.00 or $1.50.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz 
July 23rd, 2022 at 9:39:11 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Hope it’s true for you, DarkOz at a good price. If the stock traded up to $0.74 on the rumor I don’t expect the offer price to be much more than $1.00 or $1.50.
link to original post

There wouldn't be any sale then.

The shareholders have to vote on a buyout and no one is selling the potential cure for HIV, Cancer, Liver disease and Covid Longhaulers for a buck.
unJon
unJon
July 23rd, 2022 at 9:41:32 AM permalink

link to original post

The shareholders have to vote on a buyout and no one is selling the potential cure for HIV, Cancer, Liver disease and Covid Longhaulers for a buck.
link to original post

You would be surprised.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
darkoz
darkoz 
July 23rd, 2022 at 10:04:20 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

You would be surprised.
link to original post

I would be surprised but it's not going to happen if the shareholders have anything to say about it.

And they do.

Where do you get that figure of $1 a share from?
unJon
unJon
July 23rd, 2022 at 10:08:43 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

You would be surprised.
link to original post

I would be surprised but it's not going to happen if the shareholders have anything to say about it.

And they do.

Where do you get that figure of $1 a share from?
link to original post

You misunderstood me. I meant you would be surprised what shareholders might vote for.
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2022 at 10:34:59 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I will sell mine for $1,50
darkoz
darkoz 
July 23rd, 2022 at 10:57:15 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

How much did you buy in at?
DRich
DRich
July 23rd, 2022 at 11:59:03 AM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Just over $3
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
July 23rd, 2022 at 1:07:22 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Assuming the sale was a lock, at what price do you think the shareholders would take a buy out at? $8. $10
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
darkoz
darkoz 
July 23rd, 2022 at 1:20:49 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

link to original post

Assuming the sale was a lock, at what price do you think the shareholders would take a buy out at? $8. $10
link to original post

I would be fine with $8-10 but some are talking a ridiculous buyout of $100.

That said the main consensus appears to be no buyout. Instead we want a partnership to develop the future trials.

Leronlimab will be worth a lot more if it's passed FDA approval for at least the HIV aspect.

There also appears to be some grievance that the reason the price got so depressed was due to Big Pharma trying to get the price as low as possible precisely so they can grab it cheap.

There is some evidence that Gilead in particular was behind that but there isn't enough evidence to really say.

At any rate take DRich above who says he brought at $3 and would be happy to sell at $1.50.

That's basically a decision to accept a loss. The diehards who didn't sell at $10 aren't going to now sell at $1.50.
MDawg
MDawg
  • Threads: 39
Thanked by
Joeman
July 23rd, 2022 at 1:46:53 PM permalink
Buy the rumor, sell the news.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
100xOdds
100xOdds
July 23rd, 2022 at 7:48:24 PM permalink

Anything going on?
link to original post

Quote: MDawg

Buy the rumor, sell the news.
link to original post

ahem.. still Waiting to revisit the low
100xOdds
100xOdds
July 26th, 2022 at 11:09:55 AM permalink
something happened at 1:20pm today,.
it spiked form .62 to .75/share (+20% gain)
darkoz
darkoz 
July 26th, 2022 at 11:17:50 AM permalink

link to original post

YMB is saying in real time it's now up 30%.

I'm 15 minutes behind so that could be a bunch of crock.

EDIT:. Yeah, don't listen to YMB posters. It wasn't up 30% Last I looked.

EDIT EDIT: YMB was saying it jumped 30% from the low of the day. Not 30% for the whole day.

At any rate it finished over +8%
Last edited by: darkoz on Jul 26, 2022
UP84
UP84
  • Threads: 3
July 26th, 2022 at 11:42:49 AM permalink

link to original post

There were a bunch of 8-Ks filed yesterday.
darkoz
darkoz 
July 26th, 2022 at 11:46:19 AM permalink
Quote: UP84

link to original post

There were a bunch of 8-Ks filed yesterday.
link to original post

I read them. It's not because of the 8K.

There wasn't anything spectacular that would drive purchasing.
100xOdds
100xOdds
August 3rd, 2022 at 11:27:09 AM permalink
still going up.
.98 today

i'm almost back to breakeven.
odds of it going back down to it's 52week low of .22 so i can buy more before shooting to the moon?
darkoz
darkoz 
August 3rd, 2022 at 12:16:37 PM permalink

still going up.
.98 today

odds of it going back down to it's 52week low of .22 so i can buy more before shooting to the moon?
link to original post

Who knows but this much steady rise looks like big money accumulating.

Again the rumor is a possible buyout and companies are allowed 5% ownership before making such ownership public.

So rumor is the buyer is accumulating 4.99% to maximize his gains when the announcement is made.

I STRESS those are just the rumors.
100xOdds
100xOdds
August 3rd, 2022 at 1:58:41 PM permalink

still going up.
.98 today

link to original post

Again the rumor is a possible buyout and companies are allowed 5% ownership before making such ownership public.

So rumor is the buyer is accumulating 4.99% to maximize his gains when the announcement is made.

link to original post

based on current price increase, what do you think the offer amount might be?
darkoz
darkoz 
August 3rd, 2022 at 4:20:42 PM permalink

still going up.
.98 today

link to original post

link to original post

based on current price increase, what do you think the offer amount might be?
link to original post

I have no idea. It might only be a partnership.

I don't think anyone will agree to less than $20 a share. Some are talking a lot more but I figure $20 and they will probably agree to the buyout.

If they offer something low, like $2 the shareholders will vote against.
DRich
DRich
August 3rd, 2022 at 4:51:32 PM permalink

link to original post

Most buyout offers are about 30% above the running average of the stock price.
darkoz
darkoz 
August 3rd, 2022 at 5:10:25 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I understand that but the long-term shareholders believe Leronlimab will eventually cure HIV, Cancer, NASH liver disease, Covid long haulers and a bunch of other related indications.

Most of us aren't giving away the cure for all those for $1.60!
DRich
DRich
August 3rd, 2022 at 5:17:18 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

I understand that but the long-term shareholders believe Leronlimab will eventually cure HIV, Cancer, NASH liver disease, Covid long haulers and a bunch of other related indications.

Most of us aren't giving away the cure for all those for $1.60!
link to original post

I don't know what percentage is owned by institutional investors, but they will sell for a lot less than you think.
100xOdds
100xOdds
August 3rd, 2022 at 8:12:20 PM permalink

link to original post

link to original post

yeah, that's what I've seen too
DRich
DRich
August 4th, 2022 at 12:46:17 PM permalink
I see it is at $1.24 now. At this pace it should overtake Tesla soon.
darkoz
darkoz 
August 4th, 2022 at 1:33:26 PM permalink

I see it is at $1.24 now. At this pace it should overtake Tesla soon.
link to original post

If you had purchased a few weeks ago you would be close to quadrupling your investment.

I purchased awhile ago when it dipped to fifty cents and then stopped. My dollar cost average is somewhere between one and two dollars (spread across two accounts and I don't feel like doing the exact math).
MDawg
MDawg
August 4th, 2022 at 2:36:43 PM permalink
No matter what price is offered for a takeout typically the shareholders, or at least some of them, cry foul that the offer is too low. Of course, prior to the offer, the stock might have been in the toilet, but no matter, we're not selling at that price and that's that!

Usually though the offer is accepted and the minority disgruntled shareholders ignored, or, sometimes, the offer is retracted or just somehow all its contingencies are not removed, and the stock plummets back down sometimes to new lows.

Think about this: maybe some unknown company is going to make the offer for CYDY, trying to bolster its balance sheet with some new drug to justify another round of new shares. Might not be a heavyweight looking at CYDY at all.

Lot of possibilities, but in the meantime, for the longs, the fact that the stock didn't keep going down is good news.

Liquidity is an issue with penny stocks though. While yes, the stock is up a lot from its 52 week low, not too many stockholders could dump their shares to take advantage of that before taking the price right back down.
I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people. https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/betting-systems/33908-the-adventures-of-mdawg/
100xOdds
100xOdds
August 5th, 2022 at 12:10:25 PM permalink

Liquidity is an issue with penny stocks though. While yes, the stock is up a lot from its 52 week low, not too many stockholders could dump their shares to take advantage of that before taking the price right back down.
link to original post

going back down ... 7%.
lets see if it'll go back to .50 support line next week
MDawg
MDawg
August 5th, 2022 at 12:16:03 PM permalink
If I were in CYDY (which, thankfully I am not), I wouldn't worry too much about today's action. The stock merely went too far, too fast and experienced some profit taking today. Sometimes you have to take a step backwards before taking two to three forward again.

But if this downward action continues next week, then, yes, I'd start getting worried.
darkoz
darkoz 
August 5th, 2022 at 12:17:13 PM permalink

link to original post

going back down ... 7%.
lets see if it'll go back to .50 support line next week
link to original post

It's not like stock doesn't go up and down.

Not selling until much much higher or it's a total loss so doesn't really matter day to day for me.
100xOdds
100xOdds
August 6th, 2022 at 8:02:18 PM permalink

I purchased awhile ago when it dipped to fifty cents and then stopped.

My dollar cost average is somewhere between one and two dollars (spread across two accounts and I don't feel like doing the exact math).
link to original post

catching a falling knife?

on the flip side there's me where i'm waiting to buy once the knife has stopped falling.
my method risks that it'll never go back that low again and i miss out.
  • Jump to: