Thread Rating:

Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
April 10th, 2019 at 9:01:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Waters Tries To Pin Student Debt Crisis On Banks — Forgets Student Loans Were Nationalized 10 Years Ago

Oh, these Democrat Congresswomen. Just a few weeks ago, AOC grills the banks on being "responsible" for the Keystone XL pipeline and other pipelines, the bankers had to explain to her that the banks just lend the money, not operate the pipelines.

Today Maxine wants to grill the banks on student loans. But she forgot her boy Obama nationalized student loans almost a decade ago. She would have voted on it!

Yep, the lefties must be very proud of their leadership in Congress.
Maxine Waters must be the dumbest person in Congress.
Amazing that they would put this person as the head of the House Banking Committee
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 11th, 2019 at 2:15:01 AM permalink
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/greg-craig-mueller-investigation/index.html

If I was a liberal, I’d say this will lead right back to the President. Obama that is.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 11th, 2019 at 2:40:20 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Current events thread, no Trump, no politics, no racial politics.

Quote: article

Man arrested for keeping an 86-inch flat-screen TV that was mailed to his home by mistake....
The shipping company claims that Memmo signed for the incorrect delivery, which Memmo disputes. He also said that he never informed them he was someone he is not. According to Freetown Police Department, they were informed by the delivery service that two televisions had been delivered and one was delivered by mistake. “The delivery service contacted police after several unsuccessful attempts to recover the television. Police then visited the residence where they spoke with the male in an effort to recover the television. Unfortunately, he refused to cooperate,” the FPD said.

Memmo is now facing jail time. He says if he knew he would be arrested, he would have paid for the larger TV or returned it.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/man-kept-tv-sent-mistake-arrested-larceny-misleading-police-officer-230124458.html

Guns are politics. Get a life people.
I am a robot.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 11th, 2019 at 4:45:03 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/greg-craig-mueller-investigation/index.html

If I was a liberal, I’d say this will lead right back to the President. Obama that is.

Yawn
Go ahead and investigate
I'm not a conservative that is against certain investigations simply due to politics
I disagree with ALL your gambling stories! That's allowed here, to disagree! The Mission data proves it ! You want me to make a different assessment based on that data? It's just a coincidence that you always win? At least Know Thyself and don’t try to claim otherwise!!!
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
April 11th, 2019 at 7:58:16 AM permalink
Rep. Matt Gaetz taunts Rep. Adam Schiff with PENCIL Act
http://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/rep-matt-gaetz-taunts-rep-adam-schiff-by-introducing-the-pencil-act
Quote:

Rep. Matt Gaetz wants to codify one of President Donald Trump’s taunts into federal law.

The Florida Republican filed a bill Wednesday that would boot Rep. Adam Schiff from the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence.

Gaetz named his legislation the “Preventing Extreme Negligence with Classified Information Licenses” Act — the PENCIL Act — mimicking President Donald Trump’s schoolyard insult for the beleaguered committee chairman.

LOL
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
terapined
terapined
April 11th, 2019 at 8:07:30 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

LOL

I'm pretty sure that the lefties here will not take the time to either read the entire article

Can you read???????? Another conservative that cant read? Another conservative that cant follow simple rules?
The name of the thread is "Current Events-nothing Trump"

I'm pretty sure fleaswatter will not take the time to read the name of a thread
ROTFL
Last edited by: terapined on Apr 11, 2019
I disagree with ALL your gambling stories! That's allowed here, to disagree! The Mission data proves it ! You want me to make a different assessment based on that data? It's just a coincidence that you always win? At least Know Thyself and don’t try to claim otherwise!!!
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
April 12th, 2019 at 3:47:47 AM permalink

Waters Tries To Pin Student Debt Crisis On Banks — Forgets Student Loans Were Nationalized 10 Years Ago

Once again, Congress woman from Bizarro World, Maxine Waters shows what a freaking idiot she is.

This is her disgusting Bizarro World District 43 in Los Angeles. She lives outside the plantation in a $4 million home.

That Obama program, drove up the cost of college tuition, and will cost the taxpayers $170 billion.

"Unlike most other student loan programs, PLUS loans are not capped—parents may borrow up to the cost of attendance, which is determined by the college. This creates incentives for colleges to increase student charges, since the federal government will make sure all eligible parents have access to the money."

Current total student debt is $1.5 trillion.

Can't wait for them to nationalize health care.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
April 12th, 2019 at 6:21:29 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

"Unlike most other student loan programs, PLUS loans are not capped—parents may borrow up to the cost of attendance, which is determined by the college. This creates incentives for colleges to increase student charges, since the federal government will make sure all eligible parents have access to the money."

I have read that the Trump Admin is trying to put a limit on the total a student can borrow. IMHO a very good thing. It takes stones to say we will only loan X amount. In the end, it will be better as tuition will conform to the higher limits, a funny how it works thing. There will be cries of "but they cannot go to school where they want!" Better than hearing about people buried under huge loans for their useless degree collection because they just "wanted their Masters!"

In other news, looks like the guy Mark Baum was based on called it right on for-profit schools which are closing left and right lately. I am not against the idea of a school for profit, but I think the problem is too many take just anyone. Art Institutes are going down hard. Their instruction was not bad but just because you can draw Tippy the Turtle does not mean you should be taking art.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 12th, 2019 at 11:27:34 AM permalink
Please keep politics out of this thread.

I dislike the political threads but have been enjoying this non-political news thread. Please, lets keep this non-political.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 12th, 2019 at 12:13:34 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

I dislike the political threads but have been enjoying this non-political news thread. Please, lets keep this non-political.

I as well. I dont go in the politics threads so I don't know who talks in there but I would guess it's the same handful that keep bringing politics into all threads
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
terapined
terapined
April 12th, 2019 at 12:49:43 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I as well. I dont go in the politics threads so I don't know who talks in there but I would guess it's the same handful that keep bringing politics into all threads

Some conservatives have difficulty reading
Fleaswatter totally ignored the name of the thread and posted Trump stuff
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
onenickelmiracle
April 12th, 2019 at 12:57:37 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Says the guy keeping the politics alive in this thread.😀
terapined
terapined
April 12th, 2019 at 1:07:10 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Says the guy keeping the politics alive in this thread.😀

Due to thread title, I see nothing wrong with politics. Just don't discuss Trump
So
back to politics with no Trump
Who do you support
Jane Castor or David Strazz for mayor of Tampa
Former police chief or the fabulously rich person
Last edited by: terapined on Apr 12, 2019
terapined
terapined
April 15th, 2019 at 10:46:45 AM permalink
OMG
Notre Dame Paris is on fire and burning down

Since we have a breaking news story, for once I am watching cable news
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 15th, 2019 at 11:00:07 AM permalink

OMG
Notre Dame Paris is on fire and burning down

Since we have a breaking news story, for once I am watching cable news

They don't seem to be doing anything about fighting the fire. Maybe there's nothing they can do.

The slender spire was fully engaged, flames from top to bottom outlining the skeleton of the structure, which will be THE image. Unless they lose it all, when it will be the rose window lit from within. And then the spire collapsed into the church at about 7:52 pm, if it was live.

This is a huge loss.

It was under construction, with scaffolding surrounding a lot of it. Police say they're treating it, for now, as an accident.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
April 15th, 2019 at 11:19:32 AM permalink

NY Assembly: No free college tuition for Gold Star families
https://www.syracuse.com/politics/2019/04/ny-assembly-no-free-college-tuition-for-gold-star-families.html

NY lawmakers pass state ‘Dream Act’; Cuomo says he’ll sign it
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2019/01/ny-lawmakers-pass-state-dream-act-cuomo-says-hell-sign-it.html

The first article is saying that the state isn't going to give things to people for free. The second article is saying the state will give things to people who are willing to pay for it. Loans versus handouts. Sounds like fairly conservative positions to me.

Wanting to give some kids special treatment in being able to attend college just because of their parents sounds a lot like liberal affirmative action. To argue that is good when the parents are in one group (military), but bad when the parents are in another (black or minority) would be an extremely liberal position. Fortunately New York is going in the opposite direction
Boz
Boz
April 15th, 2019 at 11:21:39 AM permalink
Sad, watching it on CNN. Water cannons going but has to be huge internal damage.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 15th, 2019 at 11:25:02 AM permalink
One of the lessons learned in the multi-city riots in the UK several years ago was that no matter how beloved or economically important to the community, once those older structures catch the least bit of fire, all hope is lost.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 15th, 2019 at 11:26:16 AM permalink

Sad, watching it on CNN. Water cannons going but has to be huge internal damage.

I thought they had fireboats. She's right on the Seine, on the Right Bank. I'm kind of shocked they weren't on it right away from there. But what do I know? It's just that they are showing pictures from the water side, and there are no boats shooting water from there.
Boz
Boz
April 15th, 2019 at 11:42:11 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I thought they had fireboats. She's right on the Seine, on the Right Bank. I'm kind of shocked they weren't on it right away from there. But what do I know? It's just that they are showing pictures from the water side, and there are no boats shooting water from there.

My wife said the same thing. Reports are the roof collapsed and you now see smoke coming from windows. Horrible
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
April 15th, 2019 at 12:24:45 PM permalink
Not everybody thinks that the fire at Notre Dame is bad:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmyMek/status/1117862058459004929

I will leave everyone to draw their own conclusions concerning the people posting "smiley faces" as it burns.
terapined
terapined
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
April 15th, 2019 at 12:37:58 PM permalink

I will leave everyone to draw their own conclusions concerning the people posting "smiley faces" as it burns.

Russian hackers feeding hate and you bit.
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
RSEvenBobdjatc
April 15th, 2019 at 1:53:55 PM permalink
I'm just wondering if the news reports of the cause is going to be, "somebody did something".
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
Thanked by
RS
April 16th, 2019 at 3:00:46 AM permalink
Gone

Could have been the contractors. Whatever the official report says, there will always be doubters.

European Churches Vandalized Defacated Torched Every Day

France Sees Ten Catholic Churches Attacked in One Week
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 16th, 2019 at 4:07:09 AM permalink

Gone

Could have been the contractors. Whatever the official report says, there will always be doubters.

Irreplaceable.
I am a robot.
GWAE
GWAE
April 16th, 2019 at 4:56:56 AM permalink
Edit. Nevermind
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
April 16th, 2019 at 6:28:42 AM permalink

I agree...election stuff in election thread, stuff about current term in that thread, etc.

It seems easy, but we have a hard time doing it. I don't want political threads to go away but they need to be limited or the board would be overtaken by them.
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2019 at 7:09:19 AM permalink

Gone

The human race is so incredible. So many attempt to soar while others prefer to wallow in the mud.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
terapined
terapined
April 16th, 2019 at 7:30:02 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

The human race is so incredible. So many attempt to soar while others prefer to wallow in the mud.

The Pillars of the Earth is fiction but a real good book about building a cathedral.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
Thanked by
Joeman
April 16th, 2019 at 7:56:57 AM permalink

Gone

No, I'm pretty sure this one (the big one in between the square pillars, north side) is NOT gone. The south, smaller one is. Along with the spire and 2/3 of the roof. But over 500M euros have already been pledged to repair the church.

This can be seen as an opportunity for resurrection and hope, not a total loss.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
EvenBobbeachbumbabs
April 16th, 2019 at 8:29:04 AM permalink
Quote: BBB

But over 500M euros have already been pledged to repair the church.

*phew*. With the way the catholic church eschews wealth, I was worried it would never be restored.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Puckerbutt
Puckerbutt
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
EvenBob
April 16th, 2019 at 8:45:01 AM permalink
I've been watching the Notre Dame news reports and I keep waiting for a Parisian version of this ...
If'n I'd a knowed you wanted to have went with me - I'd a seen that you got to get to go.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
tringlomane
April 16th, 2019 at 12:45:09 PM permalink

Gone

No, I'm pretty sure this one (the big one in between the square pillars, north side) is NOT gone. The south, smaller one is. Along with the spire and 2/3 of the roof. But over 500M euros have already been pledged to repair the church.

Yep and they will waste the money building a building instead of actually helping people. I really dislike cults
terapined
terapined
April 16th, 2019 at 1:04:09 PM permalink

Yep and they will waste the money building a building instead of actually helping people. I really dislike cults

Waste????????????
It brought in like a gazillion tourist dollars
MaxPen
MaxPen
April 16th, 2019 at 3:15:06 PM permalink

People already give billions to feed the poor. Just look at the 10's of billions the Western world gives to poor nation states in aid.
If private money wants to donate money to restore a symbol of Western values and history then it is their right to do so.
With the direction the world is heading though, it would not surprise me if someone proposed a mosque or some type of one world unified church be built on the site.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
beachbumbabsSOOPOO
April 16th, 2019 at 3:23:40 PM permalink

I don't think it's a waste, not unless you disregard the human spirit. When those stones were being laid, Ghengis Khan was being born. There are entire dynasties that came and fell and has it stood through them all, not to mention the major wars of recent history. And Jesus, just look at it. If it was built yesterday, it'd already be a place one would think "Yeah. Let's keep this"

I'm just marveling at that same humanity; the irrational, "stupid" side of it. It's rather like having a GoFundMe for Steve Jobs. Makes me giggle.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 16th, 2019 at 3:42:02 PM permalink

Gone

You mean like building a casino?
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2019 at 3:53:04 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

People already give billions to feed the poor. Just look at the 10's of billions the Western world gives to poor nation states in aid.
If private money wants to donate money to restore a symbol of Western values and history then it is their right to do so.
With the direction the world is heading though, it would not surprise me if someone proposed a mosque or some type of one world unified church be built on the site.

Notre Dame was built on top of a temple dedicated to Jupiter. For some reason, the island has been sacred ground for a millennium before Notre Dame was started.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan
April 16th, 2019 at 4:02:08 PM permalink
Deleted duplicate post.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 16th, 2019 at 4:58:02 PM permalink

Notre Dame was built on top of a temple dedicated to Jupiter.

That was typical a thousand years ago. In
its zeal to wipe out the pagan religions,
the Church razed their temples and
erected their own on the same site.
It worked, the Church ruled Europe
with an iron hand for centuries and
the pagan religions were forgotten.
It's called a monopoly.

Rockefeller did the same thing, he
bought up the competition or, if
they refused to sell, he put them
out of business. He was a rock solid
god fearing Xtion too, the Baptist
kind.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
GWAE
GWAE
April 16th, 2019 at 5:12:37 PM permalink

Gone

You mean like building a casino?

Good point. They should tear it down and build casino de Notre dame
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
April 17th, 2019 at 12:26:43 PM permalink

Good point. They should tear it down and build casino de Notre dame

I think a Bingo Hall would be more appropriate.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
Boz
Boz
April 21st, 2019 at 3:35:10 PM permalink
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/us/philadelphia-flyers-kate-smith-statue/index.html

This PC thing just continues to get worse. Time to change the name of Pennsylvania because of the slaveowner it was named after William Penn.

Trust me, it’s only a matter of time before they go after George Washington, it’s coming.

The God Bless America Kate sang about is long gone.

RIP Kate, you deserved much better in death.

And anyone who thinks she was a racist is just not looking.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 21st, 2019 at 3:46:25 PM permalink

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/21/us/philadelphia-flyers-kate-smith-statue/index.html

This PC thing just continues to get worse. Time to change the name of Pennsylvania because of the slaveowner it was named after William Penn.

Trust me, it’s only a matter of time before they go after George Washington, it’s coming.

Matter of time? They are already coming after Washington.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 21st, 2019 at 7:00:00 PM permalink

That cover-the-statue thing is just ridiculous.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
April 21st, 2019 at 8:56:00 PM permalink

Okay, maybe she promoting vegetarianism.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
April 22nd, 2019 at 1:51:39 AM permalink

That cover-the-statue thing is just ridiculous.

This is the problem when we try to erase history. Everyone is okay with taking this or that down (perhaps Confederate statues), then it is on to the next thing...the founders failings, etc. It just keeps going...we have a hard time stopping the removal train once it leaves the station.

Since we are all imperfect, someone can find a reason to remove just about everything...if they try hard enough...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 23rd, 2019 at 3:12:49 AM permalink
I said in a discussion on the NZ mosque attack that "this is what a holy war looks like." Or something like that. Guessed that we will see more attacks on Christians.

Easter bombings were retaliation for Christchurch mosque attacks ‘preliminary investigation’ shows: Sri Lankan state minister

Not to mention what we learned has been happening in France almost daily now.

More proof the latest cursades are under way.
billryan
billryan
April 23rd, 2019 at 7:36:32 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

This is the problem when we try to erase history. Everyone is okay with taking this or that down (perhaps Confederate statues), then it is on to the next thing...the founders failings, etc. It just keeps going...we have a hard time stopping the removal train once it leaves the station.

Since we are all imperfect, someone can find a reason to remove just about everything...if they try hard enough...

Or we can continue to make excuses for corrupt politicians, pretending it's just business as usual.
RonC
RonC
April 23rd, 2019 at 7:56:19 AM permalink

Or we can continue to make excuses for corrupt politicians, pretending it's just business as usual.

What the heck does that have to do with a conversation about removing a statue? If you want to start your own conversation in this thread, go ahead...it just makes no sense to past something totally unrelated as a reply to something about removing statues.
  • Jump to: