Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
March 23rd, 2019 at 6:45:40 AM permalink
My 18-year-old nephew works at Chick Fil A. They treat their employees very well. A lot of the times on Sundays when they’re closed the franchise owner (? not sure if that’s what he really is - but he’s the head honcho) will have the employees over for a get together at his house. They celebrate birthdays and holidays and stuff. Great for team building and employee morale.

As for the LGBT stuff, I know plenty of gays who love them some Chick Fil A. Notice how it’s always people on the right who bring up the subject of lefties boycotting it? It’s definitely overblown.
Lock him up!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
March 23rd, 2019 at 6:54:20 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

My 18-year-old nephew works at Chick Fil A. They treat their employees very well. A lot of the times on Sundays when they’re closed the franchise owner (? not sure if that’s what he really is - but he’s the head honcho) will have the employees over for a get together at his house. They celebrate birthdays and holidays and stuff. Great for team building and employee morale.

They call them "operators." They own nothing but get a piece of the action. High demand, 98% get turned down.

Quote:

As for the LGBT stuff, I know plenty of gays who love them some Chick Fil A. Notice how it’s always people on the right who bring up the subject of lefties boycotting it? It’s definitely overblown.

So, it is our imagination that colleges and even the mayor of NYC say they don't want them there because they refuse to toe the PC line?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 5
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:01:38 AM permalink
This thread is good in that it makes you wonder to what extent you have to agree with an organization to financially support them. To me, the pros are that they have great customer service, excellent morale, decent wages for fast food and tasty chicken. The one dislike I have is their anti LGBT stance. It leaves me conflicted. I'll eat their food if someone else suggests it, but never by my own choice, which seems like a decent compromise. Anyone else have industries, organizations, other causes that pull them multiple directions?
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:05:25 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So, it is our imagination that colleges and even the mayor of NYC say they don't want them there because they refuse to toe the PC line?

Is it imagination that some on the right are blatantly racist and anti-semetic, and marched through the streets enmass with torches chanting “Jews will not replace us”?

There are extremes on either side. Those extremes to do speak for every single person that lean right or left.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:12:57 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Is it imagination that some on the right are blatantly racist and anti-semetic, and marched through the streets enmass with torches chanting “Jews will not replace us”?

There are extremes on either side. Those extremes to do speak for every single person that lean right or left.

Good to hear you also see the Mayor of NY is extreme. Along with 6 of the 10 members of the San Antonio City Council.

It’s about time some of the left start calling out crazies when they see them. We have always called out David Duke and other crazies on the right.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:15:49 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

The anti-Chick-Fil-A crowd is not one small group. They keep popping up at colleges. They are in fact in the administration of colleges. And we are talking about the mayor of the largest city in the USA.

The left hates Chick-Fil-A simply because they will not say how great it is to be gay. The gay movement is not about wanting tolerance, it is about wanting obedience. If you do not give them and their agenda 100% support you are their enemy.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:17:43 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

This thread is good in that it makes you wonder to what extent you have to agree with an organization to financially support them. To me, the pros are that they have great customer service, excellent morale, decent wages for fast food and tasty chicken. The one dislike I have is their anti LGBT stance. It leaves me conflicted. I'll eat their food if someone else suggests it, but never by my own choice, which seems like a decent compromise. Anyone else have industries, organizations, other causes that pull them multiple directions?

The only "anti-LGBT stance" I have seen is they do not support the LGBT agenda. Let me ask you, would you be as upset with a company who called people "Jesus freaks" and would you boycott that company for that stance?
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 5
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:23:30 AM permalink

The only "anti-LGBT stance" I have seen is they do not support the LGBT agenda. Let me ask you, would you be as upset with a company who called people "Jesus freaks" and would you boycott that company for that stance?

I think the politicization of companies is generally a bad thing regardless of side and it often looks like a money grab. I'm thinking of Nike here. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I'd boycott it; but I think it's in poor taste and would be a terrible PR move.
"Favorable bets are called 'investments.' Unfavorable bets constitute 'gambling.' -William Poundstone quoting John Kelly Jr. in Fortune's Formula
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:24:07 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Good to hear you also see the Mayor of NY is extreme. Along with 6 of the 10 members of the San Antonio City Council.

It’s about time some of the left start calling out crazies when they see them. We have always called out David Duke and other crazies on the right.

I think its absurd to ban chic-a-fil due to politics
Anybody that supports that is stupid and dumb
I wont eat there because the food is gross and does not taste good and the prices are a ripoff
4.99 Costco chicken, cheaper, tastes great and you get the whole chicken
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 15
terapined
March 23rd, 2019 at 7:29:38 AM permalink

The left hates Chick-Fil-A simply because they will not say how great it is to be gay. The gay movement is not about wanting tolerance, it is about wanting obedience. If you do not give them and their agenda 100% support you are their enemy.

Whenever you speak for “the left,” it is always complete and utter bulls***.
Lock him up!

• Jump to: