Boz
  • Threads: 155
April 2nd, 2019 at 9:02:23 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I don't think criminals should have guns
yet the NRA disagrees
WTF
Take domestic violence.
Beating up a women is totally disgusting, just a small step from beating up a child.
Its against the law
You get convicted as an adult of beating up a women or child, no guns
Yet the NRA disagrees
disgusting

No law will keep criminals from having guns. That’s why they are criminals.

Intentional Straw purchasers should lose their rights to own guns if proven guilty.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
April 2nd, 2019 at 1:19:38 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

No law will keep criminals from having guns. That’s why they are criminals.

Intentional Straw purchasers should lose their rights to own guns if proven guilty.

Umm. What? "Intentional Straw"?

The biggest mystery is why gun owners aren't leading the argument to get guns out of the hands of bad guys. Ironic that they give up, like you are here, and claim it can't be fixed. Isn't that sort of the central argument, to have a gun to prevent gun deaths? Just take the guns away from those who have forfeited the right to have one. You have a gun, go get them.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
Boz
April 2nd, 2019 at 1:24:46 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The biggest mystery is why gun owners aren't leading the argument to get guns out of the hands of bad guys. Ironic that they give up, like you are here, and claim it can't be fixed. Isn't that sort of the central argument, to have a gun to prevent gun deaths? Just take the guns away from those who have forfeited the right to have one. You have a gun, go get them.

I would say he means knowingly buying a gun for someone not allowed to do so in your name then handing it over.

The reason we are not "leading the argument" is because we already have enough laws to do so. What we do not want is more laws so that gun grabbers can ensnare more and more people with them. For example, if a person went for therapy they could be declared "mentally unstable" so no guns. Person gets a DUI, they call it a criminal record, no guns.

We are tired of the guns and not the criminals being blamed.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
SOOPOO
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:04:13 PM permalink
Only in Philly, can’t make this stuff up.

Temple to ban smoking while the city prepares to fight over the right to open a “safe” heroin injection site.

Liberalism at its finest. And you still can’t figure out why What’s his name won.

https://6abc.com/debate-rages-in-kensington-over-proposed-safe-injection-site/5230027/

https://www.phillyvoice.com/temple-university-tobacco-free-campus-philadelphia-cigarettees-vaping-nicotine/
Boz
Boz
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:11:07 PM permalink

Straw buyers purchase guns for criminals not allowed by current LAW from having them. Other criminals still them, you know, like in Chicago, home of some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

As for me going after them, nice to see you are a fan of vigilante justice. And just how do you propose one does that?

No I don’t have a gun to prevent gun deaths, I have a gun to prevent MY death and the death of those I care about. And yes if I’m ever in an active shooter situation, I absolutely would use my gun to try and stop it. And every legal gun owner would as well I like to believe.

As for me having A gun, like most gun owners who follow the law, I own a helluva lot more then one, trust me.

There’s a zombie apocalypse coming, the only debate is in what form will they appear as?
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
April 2nd, 2019 at 2:42:18 PM permalink

Straw buyers purchase guns for criminals not allowed by current LAW from having them. Other criminals still them, you know, like in Chicago, home of some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

As for me going after them, nice to see you are a fan of vigilante justice. And just how do you propose one does that?

No I don’t have a gun to prevent gun deaths, I have a gun to prevent MY death and the death of those I care about. And yes if I’m ever in an active shooter situation, I absolutely would use my gun to try and stop it. And every legal gun owner would as well I like to believe.

As for me having A gun, like most gun owners who follow the law, I own a helluva lot more then one, trust me.

There’s a zombie apocalypse coming, the only debate is in what form will they appear as?

I wasn't sure what you meant by "straw buyers" either, I was worried a thought I have might be illegal?

I recently purchased a Keltec PMR 30, and have been offered repeatedly by others to buy it from me for twice what I paid. I would buy ten of them if the chance arose, "at my price". Buyers are standing by to get these. They are super fun to shoot. Directions on how to load must be followed, or chances are you will get to meet factory reps as did I. I would sell those, but don't want to break any law.

It has been nicknamed, "the Hollywood gun" because it never runs out of bullets. lol
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 8
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:12:14 PM permalink

Only in Philly, can’t make this stuff up.

Temple to ban smoking while the city prepares to fight over the right to open a “safe” heroin injection site.

Liberalism at its finest. And you still can’t figure out why What’s his name won.

https://6abc.com/debate-rages-in-kensington-over-proposed-safe-injection-site/5230027/

https://www.phillyvoice.com/temple-university-tobacco-free-campus-philadelphia-cigarettees-vaping-nicotine/

As far as I know, there aren't any ill health effects from standing next to someone shooting up.
Boz
Boz
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:12:40 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I wasn't sure what you meant by "straw buyers" either, I was worried a thought I have might be illegal?

I recently purchased a Keltec PMR 30, and have been offered repeatedly by others to buy it from me for twice what I paid. I would buy ten of them if the chance arose, "at my price". Buyers are standing by to get these. They are super fun to shoot. Directions on how to load must be followed, or chances are you will get to meet factory reps as did I. I would sell those, but don't want to break any law.

It has been nicknamed, "the Hollywood gun" because it never runs out of bullets. lol

There are a lot of differing opinions on that gun, but it serves a purpose. Though it’s not the best self defense gun out there unless you need to fire a lot of shots. I don’t own one, but wouldn’t mind having one.

Not sure I understand your meeting the factory reps comments.

Nothing wrong with buying and selling guns for a profit as long as you follow the law. And even go above it it times for your own future piece of mind and to avoid any liability issues.
Boz
Boz
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:13:46 PM permalink
Quote: jmills

As far as I know, there aren't any ill health effects from standing next to someone shooting up.

Wow, just wow. Not sure what to say to that. And that’s rare for me.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:42:12 PM permalink
Quote: jmills

As far as I know, heroin is illegal, smoking is legal.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:50:37 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

As far as I know, heroin is illegal, smoking is legal.

I personally would rather have someone taking illegal drugs next to me that doesn't affect my health 20 years from now.

In 2039: "Sorry, you have lung cancer due to 2nd hand smoke but hey it was legal. You should feel good your neighbors had the right to kill you early"

Oh wait, let me guess. 2nd hand smoke ill effects are like global warming "fake science".
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
darkoz
darkoz
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:55:20 PM permalink
BTW - legal is only until its illegal.

Example: In NYC it is illegal to smoke ANYWHERE indoors in public.

To argue thats taking away someones rights is ridiculous. You are either for laws of the land or not

If you pick and choose which laws you like then you arent really for law and order just your own private ideology
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 2nd, 2019 at 3:59:11 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I personally would rather have someone taking illegal drugs next to me that doesn't affect my health 20 years from now.

Personal preference. I don't want to be around junkies shooting up. And I do not see why we are enabling it. The heroin problem is way out of hand as it is.

Quote:

In 2039: "Sorry, you have lung cancer due to 2nd hand smoke but hey it was legal. You should feel good your neighbors had the right to kill you early"

Oh wait, let me guess. 2nd hand smoke ill effects are like global warming "fake science".

You would have to work in a major smoke filled area to get lung cancer from secondhand smoke. Smoke is annoying, but far less dangerous than heroin.
petroglyph
petroglyph
April 2nd, 2019 at 4:02:25 PM permalink

There are a lot of differing opinions on that gun, but it serves a purpose. Though it’s not the best self defense gun out there unless you need to fire a lot of shots. I don’t own one, but wouldn’t mind having one.

Not sure I understand your meeting the factory reps comments.

Nothing wrong with buying and selling guns for a profit as long as you follow the law. And even go above it it times for your own future piece of mind and to avoid any liability issues.

I bought one second hand, NIB. Thought I knew how to load the mag, and glossed to quickly over the directions. There is a specific and necessary way to load the mags, which I'm sure I did wrong as I had 8 ftf and fte's on my first 40 rounds.

I have researched other auto's and have seen where people suggest polishing the feed ramp, [part #205] helps prevent ftf's. At least that works well with Ruger? When it jammed so much out of the box, I took it home, field stripped it, and took multiple photo's. I noticed a burr on the ramp, and chose to burnish it with a bronze brush. Burned a hole in it right away. Talked with the factory about making that one particular part out of metal. After a couple of chats with them, they replaced it with an entirely new gun.

I wanted this particular gun because of it's lack of weight [2.2 lbs. loaded] the absence of recoil, and it's lethality, for my wife. With that size mag, she would never have to load it. [ Home invasions are on the increase in Az.] If a gun disappoints me one time, I can never have 100% faith in it again. {long story] So this one will be relegated to just fun time shooting. Now I'm in the market for another low caliber revolver.

I called some friends to talk with them about my feed ramp dilemma, surprisingly they had both already purchased this same gun and loved them. Version 1.0 had some issues, the latest version which the factory just sent me, is pretty impressive. The entire action works smoothly like a more expensive weapon. And right out of the box with the hi vis sites, it is easily accurate. ymmv
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
RS
April 2nd, 2019 at 4:16:09 PM permalink

Personal preference. I don't want to be around junkies shooting up. And I do not see why we are enabling it. The heroin problem is way out of hand as it is.

You would have to work in a major smoke filled area to get lung cancer from secondhand smoke. Smoke is annoying, but far less dangerous than heroin.

You are missing the point where heroin junkies are “victims”, and liberals love victims.
petroglyph
petroglyph
April 2nd, 2019 at 6:10:36 PM permalink

Barbara, do you own a firearm?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
TomG
April 2nd, 2019 at 6:26:42 PM permalink

I like to think that I am. And not for nothin', because I don't want finger point endlessly, but it'd be easier to do so without having to always be on the defense. I don't mean from slighted comments, but from actual legislation. Real life is a complete cluster these days.

I personally feel (and feel that I am backed by solid fact) that a large majority of all gun related deaths, whether violent crime or suicide, are all the direct result of some sort of mental illness, or complications thereof. It is that fact alone that has caused (if you've noticed) a drift of my stance from steadfast "go your own" towards some sort of universal, national, or socialized health care. It's why I've become more vocal about it. I'm not much of a big picture guy, so I dunno what to do other than just helping people as I see them struggle, so perhaps what I'm doing "isn't all that much". But it is effort.

I also think a discussion needs to be had on certain social issues. There are strong correlations between poverty / low income and all manner of societal ills, from drug use to depression to undiagnosed / untreated minor medicals that go nuclear in the future. There is strong correlation to poverty and activities or actions that go hand in hand with gun violence. There is evidence to support that "bootstraps" don't work, that trickle down doesn't work, that there is a genuine barrier to lift oneself out of those situations that we very much can and should work on. But it all flies in the face of many conventional ideologies and emotional arguments. It's a serious, complex, and involved discussion. It's one that would take a lot of honesty and selflessness.

I have no idea who I could have that discussion with.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 2nd, 2019 at 8:39:43 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Barbara, do you own a firearm?

Not currently, but I will again. Can't have a gun atm. I'm sure I discussed this before, certainly by inference.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
April 2nd, 2019 at 8:41:46 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I like to think that I am. And not for nothin', because I don't want finger point endlessly, but it'd be easier to do so without having to always be on the defense. I don't mean from slighted comments, but from actual legislation. Real life is a complete cluster these days.

I personally feel (and feel that I am backed by solid fact) that a large majority of all gun related deaths, whether violent crime or suicide, are all the direct result of some sort of mental illness, or complications thereof. It is that fact alone that has caused (if you've noticed) a drift of my stance from steadfast "go your own" towards some sort of universal, national, or socialized health care. It's why I've become more vocal about it. I'm not much of a big picture guy, so I dunno what to do other than just helping people as I see them struggle, so perhaps what I'm doing "isn't all that much". But it is effort.

I also think a discussion needs to be had on certain social issues. There are strong correlations between poverty / low income and all manner of societal ills, from drug use to depression to undiagnosed / untreated minor medicals that go nuclear in the future. There is strong correlation to poverty and activities or actions that go hand in hand with gun violence. There is evidence to support that "bootstraps" don't work, that trickle down doesn't work, that there is a genuine barrier to lift oneself out of those situations that we very much can and should work on. But it all flies in the face of many conventional ideologies and emotional arguments. It's a serious, complex, and involved discussion. It's one that would take a lot of honesty and selflessness.

I have no idea who I could have that discussion with.

Yeah, in NY, you're on the pointy end of the legislative stick for sure.

It'd be good to have that conversation.

Maybe we should have a forum section with active refereed topics. Kind of like the Senate used to be, where decorum was required and posturing discouraged. Stuff was debated and decided.on the merits, not on slogans and hackery and umbrage.

Sadly, you're young enough, you've never seen it. I was a kid since I've seen it.
petroglyph
petroglyph
April 2nd, 2019 at 9:22:05 PM permalink

Not currently, but I will again. Can't have a gun atm. I'm sure I discussed this before, certainly by inference.

Sorry I missed it. Maybe I understand by inference? Prolly to tempting. lol
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 3rd, 2019 at 2:53:36 PM permalink
New York State caught trying to cut funds to Special Olympics.

Democrats think they can get away with anything!
Boz
Boz
April 3rd, 2019 at 3:42:10 PM permalink
https://abcnews.go.com/International/american-tourist-kidnapped-ugandas-queen-elizabeth-national-park/story?id=62136015

Just another reason for Americans to not visit 3rd world S#####les. And any authority named Jean Paul sounds like the crooked guy from the 1st “Taken” to me. Odds are he is in on it.

Hopefully the American is saved, regardless of their stupidity. Most of us realized you can’t trust most from Africa based simply on their willingness to give the majority of their fortunes to us based on a simple phone call.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 3rd, 2019 at 4:06:13 PM permalink

To argue thats taking away someones rights is ridiculous. You are either for laws of the land or not

If you pick and choose which laws you like then you arent really for law and order just your own private ideology

Says someone who does not want people in the country ILLEGALLY deported!
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
April 3rd, 2019 at 4:16:24 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Because he probably has 274 players cards from them using Mexican passports, purchased for $7 worth of street tacos on average.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it’s the entrepreneurial spirit that built America. The same spirit that supports underachieving Americans and makes illegals risk all to gain the same benefits these lazy F’s enjoy.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
April 3rd, 2019 at 5:20:30 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

A great way of showing that no matter how much people want to bicker about why their political ideas must be right and good and the other side is wrong and bad, deep inside we're all the same. We all put our own values above any laws that focus on the common good. Which is why every discussion like this always turns back to politics
darkoz
darkoz
April 3rd, 2019 at 5:48:45 PM permalink

Because he probably has 274 players cards from them using Mexican passports, purchased for $7 worth of street tacos on average.

Not that there is anything wrong with that, it’s the entrepreneurial spirit that built America. The same spirit that supports underachieving Americans and makes illegals risk all to gain the same benefits these lazy F’s enjoy.

Nah I only use people I know

And I don't know anyone from Mexico

And I pay a heck of a lot more than $7 lol
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
April 10th, 2019 at 8:37:48 AM permalink
This is what happens when lefties/liberals/democrats are in charge. In New York a democrat is the governor and the democrats control both the NY senate and house.
They have proven that they (democrats/lefties/liberals) care more about illegal aliens than American citizens.
In New York the assembly does not want to provide free college tuition to the families of military personnel from the state who were killed in the line of duty but have previously voted to provide tuition aide to illegal aliens.

NY Assembly: No free college tuition for Gold Star families
https://www.syracuse.com/politics/2019/04/ny-assembly-no-free-college-tuition-for-gold-star-families.html
Quote:

New York lawmakers on Tuesday refused to advance a bill that would have provided free college tuition to the families of military personnel from the state who were killed in the line of duty.

NY lawmakers pass state ‘Dream Act’; Cuomo says he’ll sign it
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2019/01/ny-lawmakers-pass-state-dream-act-cuomo-says-hell-sign-it.html
Quote:

New York lawmakers voted Wednesday to extend state financial aid to students brought into the country illegally as children, a key liberal priority that had been blocked by Republicans for years until Democrats won control of the state Senate last fall.

new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 9:05:40 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

This is what happens when lefties/liberals/democrats are in charge. In New York a democrat is the governor and the democrats control both the NY senate and house.
They have proven that they (democrats/lefties/liberals) care more about illegal aliens than American citizens.
In New York the assembly does not want to provide free college tuition to the families of military personnel from the state who were killed in the line of duty but have previously voted to provide tuition aide to illegal aliens.

NY Assembly: No free college tuition for Gold Star families
https://www.syracuse.com/politics/2019/04/ny-assembly-no-free-college-tuition-for-gold-star-families.html

NY lawmakers pass state ‘Dream Act’; Cuomo says he’ll sign it
https://www.syracuse.com/state/2019/01/ny-lawmakers-pass-state-dream-act-cuomo-says-hell-sign-it.html

I guess its about a moronic as righties who vote for stiff penalties on gun crime while simultaneously blocking bills that would probibit mentally disturbed and past violent offenders from purchasing guns
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 9:09:48 AM permalink

I guess its about a moronic as righties who vote for stiff penalties on gun crime while simultaneously blocking bills that would probibit mentally disturbed and past violent offenders from purchasing guns

Purchasing a gun legally is not a crime.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 10th, 2019 at 10:34:20 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

This is pretty stupid
I wont defend this
Some democrat policy's suck. Its not a perfect party
but
Republican policies are worse
So I vote for the lesser of 2 evils
I can criticize Dems, can you criticize Trump? I doubt it
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 11:03:17 AM permalink

Purchasing a gun legally is not a crime.

Neither is free tuition for illegals.

Its legal in NYS

Dont like it? Tough

Its legal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 11:21:23 AM permalink

Neither is free tuition for illegals.

Its legal in NYS

Dont like it? Tough

Its legal

Kind of a silly example. Not sure why the comparison. you get. What does Democrats caring more about illegal aliens than Americans have to do with Second Amendment rights?
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 11:49:08 AM permalink

Kind of a silly example. Not sure why the comparison. you get. What does Democrats caring more about illegal aliens than Americans have to do with Second Amendment rights?

Its only silly to you as a rightie!

To lefties it seems silly to put loaded weapons into the hands of people most likely to go on killing rampages

Righties fighting for the rights of psychos (but its okay because they are American Psychos)

Lefties fighting for the rights of disenfranchised and poor migrants

Im staying on my side of the aisle which seems higher ground
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 11:53:21 AM permalink

To lefties it seems silly to put loaded weapons into the hands of people most likely to go on killing rampages

Righties fighting for the rights of psychos (but its okay because they are American Psychos)

It is illegal to kill people. If the psychos are so bad, lets get back to the institutional system.

Illegal aliens have no rights as to coming to the USA. They are not "disenfranchised." At lease you admit you prefer fighting for illegal aliens over Americans.
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 12:01:22 PM permalink

It is illegal to kill people. If the psychos are so bad, lets get back to the institutional system.

Illegal aliens have no rights as to coming to the USA. They are not "disenfranchised." At lease you admit you prefer fighting for illegal aliens over Americans.

Yes.

I fight for those who need help

If I see someone who needs help I dont say "oh, not him. He's foreign"
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 12:05:52 PM permalink

Yes.

If I see someone who needs help I dont say "oh, not him. He's foreign illegal"

Does that change it?
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 12:23:41 PM permalink

Yes.

If I see someone who needs help I dont say "oh, not him. He's foreign illegal"

Does that change it?

Actually no.

By changing it your statement is now "He is need of help. He is being attacked by an American with a gun. He is illegal. I should not help him. Let him get murdered. Serves him right for coming here. You go psycho with a gun as long as you're American"

Do I have that right? The way you think?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
April 10th, 2019 at 12:44:25 PM permalink

Although it's impossible to test, I'd like to know if it was easier for an "illegal" to cross the border or an "illegal" to buy a gun in America. What do you think?

I'm betting it's easier for an illegal to buy a gun in America than to cross the border.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
April 10th, 2019 at 12:56:51 PM permalink

Smoke is annoying, but far less dangerous than heroin.

Heroin is avoidable. Second hand smoke won't kill you any more than one loudspeaker will make you deaf.
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 1:00:15 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Heroin is avoidable. Second hand smoke won't kill you any more than one loudspeaker will make you deaf.

Lol my ears are still ringing from a club party 2 weeks ago
darkoz
darkoz
April 10th, 2019 at 1:02:35 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Although it's impossible to test, I'd like to know if it was easier for an "illegal" to cross the border or an "illegal" to buy a gun in America. What do you think?

I'm betting it's easier for an illegal to buy a gun in America than to cross the border.

Sounds like you are for tougher gun laws then?

Since the gun manufacturers are not selling directly to the illegal and I havent heard of any recent mass gun manufacturers thefts then its US citizens buying guns legally and then selling them to illegals

Psychos dont have to worry as their rights to buy a gun are protected

EDIT: I think you are on my side. Too many cross arguments here lol
rxwine
rxwine
April 10th, 2019 at 1:21:23 PM permalink

Sounds like you are for tougher gun laws then?

I'm pretty mean in this area. I'd be for law enforcement letting confiscated guns back on the illegal market with microscopic cracks intended to fail or even injure anyone using them. Then as far as I'm concerned one could argue LEGAL guns are predominately making lawful citizens safer FINALLY. If you get injured or killed winking and nodding on a illegal purchase, you asked for it. You should have known better. You should have not forfeited your original rights if you can no longer legally purchase a gun.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
terapined
April 10th, 2019 at 1:24:34 PM permalink

I'm pretty mean in this area. I'd be for law enforcement letting confiscated guns back on the illegal market with microscopic cracks intended to fail or even injure anyone using them. Then as far as I'm concerned one could argue LEGAL guns are predominately making lawful citizens safer FINALLY. If you get injured or killed winking and nodding on a illegal purchase, you asked for it. You should have known better. You should have not forfeited your original rights if you can no longer legally purchase a gun.

How about poisoning the drug supply to “injure” anyone using them? How about land mines in areas near the border used for illegal criminal crossings?

If you get injured or killed winking and nodding on an illegal purchase, you asked for it, right?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 1:30:55 PM permalink

How about poisoning the drug supply to “injure” anyone using them?

This one has always intrigued me. I think Bin Laden tried to hook up with at least one cartel to try this, the decided it was bad for long term business. Limbaugh once talked about some novel with this as a plot device. Reality is it would be hard to find the right agent to poison them with. You need something that stays latent for months then people drop dead. Lead might be ideal.

Would a nation try this? Might the real weapon be to find an agent that with one dose rendered the person taking it incapable of reproduction? Male or female, you could never have kids. That would surely handicap a society.
rxwine
rxwine
April 10th, 2019 at 1:31:17 PM permalink

How about poisoning the drug supply to “injure” anyone using them? How about land mines in areas near the border used for illegal criminal crossings?

If you get injured or killed winking and nodding on an illegal purchase, you asked for it, right?

You think illegal crossing is equal to gun crime. Sorry dude. Nope.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
April 10th, 2019 at 1:36:45 PM permalink

No kidding, that is mean. Real mean. probably criminal
Of course movies have nothing to do with reality but in movies, you often see the good guy get a hold of a bad guys gun some way or another.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 1:37:14 PM permalink

You think illegal crossing is equal to gun crime. Sorry dude. Nope.

Correct, way more illegal aliens crossing than gun crime.
rxwine
rxwine
April 10th, 2019 at 1:49:26 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

No kidding, that is mean. Real mean. probably criminal
Of course movies have nothing to do with reality but in movies, you often see the good guy get a hold of a bad guys gun some way or another.

Oh, I'd be fighting a fair number on the left as well. Realistically, it's not likely.

The suggestion for illegal drugs seems more problematic. You can't put serial numbers on it. A gun looks like a gun whereas powder could be anything safe or lethal. The public risk is greater seems to me making it not worth doing. And I'd only want to do it to the worst of drugs. Although governments have already exposed the public to less than healthy herbicides. Hey, you may be smoking RoundUp (cancer) in illegal weed, for instance. Or Agent Orange (Vietnam era.)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
April 10th, 2019 at 1:59:39 PM permalink
Waters Tries To Pin Student Debt Crisis On Banks — Forgets Student Loans Were Nationalized 10 Years Ago

Oh, these Democrat Congresswomen. Just a few weeks ago, AOC grills the banks on being "responsible" for the Keystone XL pipeline and other pipelines, the bankers had to explain to her that the banks just lend the money, not operate the pipelines.

Today Maxine wants to grill the banks on student loans. But she forgot her boy Obama nationalized student loans almost a decade ago. She would have voted on it!
rxwine
rxwine
April 10th, 2019 at 2:01:13 PM permalink

Correct, way more illegal aliens crossing than gun crime.

What's funny is, I said nothing that attacks legal gun owners. Emphasis on "legal".
  • Jump to: