Thread Rating:

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 24th, 2019 at 1:28:50 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Duffman said,

Sure explain why blocking traffic is violent. A guy blocking those tanks -- why is that violent? Don't try to dodge by saying you don't understand.

Tanks are traffic?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 24th, 2019 at 1:31:37 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Not everything has to turn political. Can we possibly have a single conversation without it revolving around party lines? I have never done a single thing in my life based on a party. Neither have 95% of the people in the US.

Please let the record show that I was not the first to bring politics up. I replied that I did not like all of this blocking traffic as a form of protest. Let the record show that you and I may be the minority here in that we had a local current event of protest last night. Somehow it turned political after that.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Mar 24, 2019
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 24th, 2019 at 1:32:57 PM permalink
The picture is massively photo shopped, it has no meaning other than what the person altering it wants it to mean. sheesh
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
Thanked by
ams288
March 24th, 2019 at 1:33:23 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Duffman said,

Sure explain why blocking traffic is violent. A guy blocking those tanks -- why is that violent? Don't try to dodge by saying you don't understand.

Quote:

Tanks are traffic?

Yup, so are horses pulling wagons. Any other diversions you'd like to try to not answer.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 24th, 2019 at 1:40:28 PM permalink

Yup, so are horses pulling wagons. Any other diversions you'd like to try to not answer.

I feel bad for you if you live in an area where you consider the military being sent to crack down on protests as "traffic." You may want to move.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 24th, 2019 at 1:43:38 PM permalink
This is why every citizen should have at least one tank in the garage.
Last edited by: MaxPen on Mar 24, 2019
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
March 24th, 2019 at 1:45:38 PM permalink
Road rage would have a whole new meaning!
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 1:51:00 PM permalink

I feel bad for you if you live in an area where you consider the military being sent to crack down on protests as "traffic." You may want to move.

traf·fic
/ˈtrafik/
noun
noun: traffic
vehicles moving on a road or public highway.

YOU'RE STILL WRONG. LOL.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
March 24th, 2019 at 1:58:29 PM permalink

Duffman said,

Blocking traffic is a show of aggression. I consider aggression to be in violent category. It is basically like trolling, they are doing something to get a rise out of others.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 2:08:38 PM permalink

Blocking traffic is a show of aggression. I consider aggression to be in violent category. It is basically like trolling, they are doing something to get a rise out of others.

Well at least you answered.

No one said it is isn't irritating.

So like a guy standing in front of guy marching with a drum. That guy is committing violence. I see.
Minty
Minty
March 24th, 2019 at 2:09:01 PM permalink

Duffman said,

Not complying with others' expectations isn't necessarily aggressive and definitely not violent. Is refusing to get up from a bus seat aggression or trolling? Equating aggression with violence is a leap. Hanging up on someone could be considered violent as could smoking in a public place or raising one's voice. Standing in front of others is not violent.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 24th, 2019 at 2:28:05 PM permalink

traf·fic
/ˈtrafik/
noun
noun: traffic
vehicles moving on a road or public highway.

YOU'RE STILL WRONG. LOL.

Keep reaching. You are impressing nobody but yourself with your faulty comparison.

If you get blocked in by a group of BLM-type protestors blocking traffic, let us all know how "peaceful" it is.
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 2:34:11 PM permalink

Keep reaching. You are impressing nobody but yourself with your faulty comparison.

If you get blocked in by a group of BLM-type protestors blocking traffic, let us all know how "peaceful" it is.

I was only trying to get you to admit you were wrong on a simple point and your ego is too big to fail. Pretty typical for you though.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 24th, 2019 at 2:43:31 PM permalink

I was only trying to get you to admit you were wrong on a simple point and your ego is too big to fail. Pretty typical for you though.

But I am not wrong. A group of people blocking a road is violence. Your retort is that of a caller to Tom Leykis or some other talk host saying they know one person who does not fit what he is saying so he must be wrong. Your "example" has nothing to do with blocking traffic and makes no sense to the point being made.

If you want to defend the people blocking traffic, say how great you think it is that they tie up a major road and block traffic for miles. Tell how you think there is no violence in a group of people saying, "you are not allowed to pass!"

Have at it.
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 3:07:49 PM permalink

But I am not wrong. A group of people blocking a road is violence. Your retort is that of a caller to Tom Leykis or some other talk host saying they know one person who does not fit what he is saying so he must be wrong. Your "example" has nothing to do with blocking traffic and makes no sense to the point being made.

If you want to defend the people blocking traffic, say how great you think it is that they tie up a major road and block traffic for miles. Tell how you think there is no violence in a group of people saying, "you are not allowed to pass!"

Have at it.

I didn't disagree that someone blocking your way is not fun for you, just your description of violence begs what is violent, as opposed to what is illegal. It is most certainly illegal to block a road for an extended time without permission. My road was blocked due to construction, I never considered the barriers as violent even if they were illegal. But they were legal of course.
GWAE
GWAE
March 24th, 2019 at 3:09:10 PM permalink
Quote: Minty

Not complying with others' expectations isn't necessarily aggressive and definitely not violent. Is refusing to get up from a bus seat aggression or trolling? Equating aggression with violence is a leap. Hanging up on someone could be considered violent as could smoking in a public place or raising one's voice. Standing in front of others is not violent.

So I come up to a large group of people standing in the middle of the street. What am I supposed to do? I have every right to be driving on this street. They have every right to demonstrating, but they do not have the right to demonstrate on the road. They should contain it to the sidewalk or a park. If I try to slowly move through the group they will then become violent.

There are some scenes of people in these groups vandalizing property. How does acting like that help in their cause? The problem is a lot of people in these groups arent even out there for the actual reason, they come out just because they feel they can get away with doing things such as smashing garbage cans and breaking windows.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
March 24th, 2019 at 3:11:42 PM permalink

I didn't disagree that someone blocking your way is not fun for you, just your description of violence begs what is violent, as opposed to what is illegal. It is most certainly illegal to block a road for an extended time without permission. My road was blocked due to construction, I never considered the barriers as violent even if they were illegal. But they were legal of course.

that is kind of my point. If people want to march then they should file the necessary paper work which would allow them to march all they want in the streets. Why do they feel doing an illegal act would help prove anything. If they think there is a major racist problem between their group and other non minorities and cops then doing illegal acts does nothing to help their cause.
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 3:12:55 PM permalink

So I come up to a large group of people standing in the middle of the street. What am I supposed to do?.

Call the cops, as opposed to getting out of the car and attacking them with your Kung Fu.
GWAE
GWAE
March 24th, 2019 at 3:16:11 PM permalink

Call the cops, as opposed to getting out of the car and attacking them with your Kung Fu.

I never said that I would get out. I have the right to drive on that road, they do not have the right to block the road.

Also the cops are already on the scene so there is no one to call. The cops shouldn't be letting them block the road but they are in a tough position. If they move in then there surely would be some actual riotting.
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 3:22:22 PM permalink

Why do they feel doing an illegal act would help prove anything. If they think there is a major racist problem between their group and other non minorities and cops then doing illegal acts does nothing to help their cause.

I'm not arguing it's a good idea for their cause, just whether sitting in the road is different than say attacking you and your car. I say it is different. When you get out of the hospital you will know the difference in real violence and passive resistance I suspect.
GWAE
GWAE
March 24th, 2019 at 3:33:16 PM permalink

I'm not arguing it's a good idea for their cause, just whether sitting in the road is different than say attacking you and your car. I say it is different. When you get out of the hospital you will know the difference in real violence and passive resistance I suspect.

Can't there be different levels of violence? If I feel threatened by a gaggle of people then I perceive that as violence. If I am shot in the face then that is obviously violence.
GWAE
GWAE
Thanked by
SOOPOO
March 24th, 2019 at 3:36:02 PM permalink

I was curious if my point made any sense so I google the actual law definition of violence. It reads:
the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force

Is blocking the street considered intimidation by exhibition of force?
If so then I think they are being violent when blocking the street.

If not then I just feel threatened in this situation so maybe it isnt violent but just threatening. Either way it is not a situation that is ideal to be in.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
Thanked by
Mooseton
March 24th, 2019 at 3:40:33 PM permalink
Yeah, blocking traffic is non violent

new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
rxwine
rxwine
March 24th, 2019 at 3:43:13 PM permalink

If not then I just feel threatened in this situation so maybe it isnt violent but just threatening. Either way it is not a situation that is ideal to be in.

I agree. However if a bunch a women put their babies in basinets in the street for a protest of some sort, that is supposedly a violent action as well. If the NRA parked in my street with their weapons strapped on, I would feel different as well.
GWAE
GWAE
March 24th, 2019 at 3:45:25 PM permalink
unfortunately there are all too many of those scenes. There are also many that don't turn out like that.

I was watching a live feed here locally where they were doing a march. It was not a legal march but it was organized and they kept moving opposed to just blocking traffic. The leader was yelling at the people in her group because they were getting rowdy. Then they attacked a car like this video. You could see the disappointment in the leaders face how it ended. If they would just keep moving and march then they would get good publicity and not people against their cause.
GWAE
GWAE
March 24th, 2019 at 3:48:19 PM permalink

I agree. However if a bunch a women put their babies in basinets in the street for a protest of some sort, that is supposedly a violent action as well. If the NRA parked in my street with their weapons strapped on, I would feel different as well.

I think in order to consider it violent there has to be intent or maybe a threat. If there is a street full of basinets then the threat level is nil but the confusion would be through the rough. I also think if a bunch of woman blocked the street with basinets then the end result would be different then a bunch of people holding billy clubs
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
March 26th, 2019 at 9:16:23 AM permalink
Breaking news

Jussie Smollet - ALL charges dropped and his record wiped clean of any wrongdoing in the false victimization claims
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 25
March 26th, 2019 at 9:22:40 AM permalink

Quote: TigerWu

This got me curious about IQs, and according to this study, seven of the top 10 countries with the highest average IQ are Asian.

And here's a study showing breakdown in the U.S. by state. The highest ranking Southern state is Virginia at #16, and the rest of the South is #29 or lower.

Are you suggesting a demographic reason for this? Less Asians in the south?

No, I said nothing about demographics or race. I don't know how many Asians are in the South vs. other parts of the country.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
March 26th, 2019 at 9:22:50 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Breaking news

Jussie Smollet - ALL charges dropped and his record wiped clean of any wrongdoing in the false victimization claims

I'm sure there is more to come on this. I wonder if he struck a deal or if this is his friends at work?

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 26th, 2019 at 9:29:37 AM permalink

This got me curious about IQs, and according to this study, seven of the top 10 countries with the highest average IQ are Asian.

And here's a study showing breakdown in the U.S. by state. The highest ranking Southern state is Virginia at #16, and the rest of the South is #29 or lower.

Are you suggesting a demographic reason for this? Less Asians in the south?

No, I said nothing about demographics or race. I don't know how many Asians are in the South vs. other parts of the country.

Just so you know, by the standards liberals have made that statement could be considered racist based on the demographics of the south.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 26th, 2019 at 9:36:30 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I'm sure there is more to come on this. I wonder if he struck a deal or if this is his friends at work?

Yeah, I'm sure just because he's black and "famous" the Obamas had something to do with it. *eyeroll*

He struck a deal. He essentially paid a $10,000 fine.

Who cares. Worst case scenario, he paid some guys to beat him up and filed a false police report. BFD. Not exactly a career criminal we're dealing with here. Such a non-story that never should have made it out of the local papers or Hollywood gossip rags.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 26th, 2019 at 9:37:43 AM permalink

Just so you know, by the standards liberals have made that statement could be considered racist based on the demographics of the south.

What statement is racist? That I don't know how many Asians are in the South?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
Thanked by
SOOPOO
March 26th, 2019 at 9:58:36 AM permalink

Who cares.

Don't, but do. A fradulent attempt to demonize a sub culture, an attempt to widen the rift if an entire nation, the wasting of a large city's police force, and he faces a lesser charge than if I chug one beer and pop down to the shops.

Liberty and justice for all. Terms and conditions may apply
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 26th, 2019 at 10:05:29 AM permalink

Yeah, I'm sure just because he's black and "famous" the Obamas had something to do with it. *eyeroll*

Who cares. Worst case scenario, he paid some guys to beat him up and filed a false police report. BFD. Not exactly a career criminal we're dealing with here. Such a non-story that never should have made it out of the local papers or Hollywood gossip rags.

Who cares? This is the kind of thing that incites riots. We keep hearing how divided the nation is over race. Does this kind of thing help? How serious do you think the next claim of a hate crime will be taken?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 26th, 2019 at 10:06:08 AM permalink

What statement is racist? That I don't know how many Asians are in the South?

You don't know the demographic makeup of the south?
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 26th, 2019 at 10:06:29 AM permalink
Quote: Face

Don't, but do. A fradulent attempt to demonize a sub culture, an attempt to widen the rift if an entire nation, the wasting of a large city's police force, and he faces a lesser charge than if I chug one beer and pop down to the shops.

Liberty and justice for all. Terms and conditions may apply

From what little I've read about the case, it sounds like it was dropped due to lack of evidence. Looks like it boiled down to "he said, he said" between Smollet and the two guys that "jumped" him.

Like I said, though, I don't really care that much, so maybe I've missed some information.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 26th, 2019 at 10:08:46 AM permalink

You don't know the demographic makeup of the south?

I didn't, but now we all do.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 26th, 2019 at 10:14:12 AM permalink

From what little I've read about the case, it sounds like it was dropped due to lack of evidence. Looks like it boiled down to "he said, he said" between Smollet and the two guys that "jumped" him.

Like I said, though, I don't really care that much, so maybe I've missed some information.

Lack of evidence?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 26th, 2019 at 10:15:07 AM permalink
Look at the first post, racial politics are not allowed in this thread. I consider Smollet to qualify.
I am a robot.
TigerWu
TigerWu
March 26th, 2019 at 10:24:18 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Look at the first post, racial politics are not allowed in this thread. I consider Smollet to qualify.

Good catch, I'll shut up about it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 26th, 2019 at 10:29:04 AM permalink

Lack of evidence?

It makes no sense. If he's innocent,
what is the 'time served' for. If
he's innocent, why did he let them
keep the $10,000 bond that he should
have gotten back with butt kissing
apologies. Was he falsely arrested?
If so he has the biggest lawsuit in
history. If he was wrongly arrested
why do they get to keep his bond?

He still claims the attack happened,
does that mean his original police
report is now valid? None of this makes
any sense.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 26th, 2019 at 10:40:21 AM permalink

I heard it was because, as is scripture, ChiPD mucked up the case.

Bleh. In any case, I was only here to bitch about slanted justice and I've quite a well to dip from on that account. I too will gladly drop it in deference to OP.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 26th, 2019 at 10:42:57 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It makes no sense. If he's innocent,
what is the 'time served' for. If
he's innocent, why did he let them
keep the $10,000 bond that he should
have gotten back with butt kissing
apologies. Was he falsely arrested?
If so he has the biggest lawsuit in
history. If he was wrongly arrested
why do they get to keep his bond?

He still claims the attack happened,
does that mean his original police
report is now valid? None of this makes
any sense.

Chicago is not the cleanest criminal justice system out there. Ever see the court scene in "Thief?" Maybe this guy rested his face on his hands during the motion?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
March 31st, 2019 at 5:47:58 AM permalink
Chick-fil-A pulled from Buffalo airport after company's alleged 'anti-LGBTQ rhetoric' sparks backlash

Another example of liberal hate of Chick-Fil-A.
Minty
Minty
March 31st, 2019 at 6:21:58 AM permalink

Chick-fil-A pulled from Buffalo airport after company's alleged 'anti-LGBTQ rhetoric' sparks backlash

It's no different than when Nike supported Kapernick (sp?) and faced conservative backlash, or the time when Dick's made the decision not to sell AR-15s or with Starbucks because their cups weren't Christian or Christmassy enough or when what's her face refused to sell a cake to a gay couple or when.....

It's not "liberal hate" it's people acting on their views in a way that gets results. Conservatives do the same thing.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
BozRS
March 31st, 2019 at 6:32:46 AM permalink

It's no different than when Nike supported Kapernick (sp?) and faced conservative backlash, or the time when Dick's made the decision not to sell AR-15s or with Starbucks because their cups weren't Christian or Christmassy enough or when what's her face refused to sell a cake to a gay couple or when.....

It's not "liberal hate" it's people acting on their views in a way that gets results. Conservatives do the same thing.

No, conservatives do not "do the same thing."

Conservatives said, "We don't like Kapernick, so we are not going to buy Nike products.

Liberals are saying, "Chick-Fil-A is not falling in line with the gay agenda. We are going to prohibit them from doing business!"

Look beyond the surface.

BTW: The gay couple was free to buy anything in the store, just that the baker would not do a custom job for them.
Minty
Minty
March 31st, 2019 at 6:43:40 AM permalink

No, conservatives do not "do the same thing."

Conservatives said, "We don't like Kapernick, so we are not going to buy Nike products.

Liberals are saying, "Chick-Fil-A is not falling in line with the gay agenda. We are going to prohibit them from doing business!"

Look beyond the surface.

BTW: The gay couple was free to buy anything in the store, just that the baker would not do a custom job for them.

Okay, but how was this any different?

Conservatives said, "We don't like Kapernick, so we are not going to buy Nike products."

Liberals said, "We don't like Chick Fil A, so we are not going to buy Chick Fil A products."

See? Identical, but with chicken instead of shoes. Both are political parties disagreeing with an ideology and boycotting. To say that liberals doing it is wrong but conservatives get a pass is to be completely blind to your own bias and unwilling to even give the thought of criticism to your party.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RS
March 31st, 2019 at 6:48:21 AM permalink

Okay, but how was this any different?

Conservatives said, "We don't like Kapernick, so we are not going to buy Nike products."

Liberals said, "We don't like Chick Fil A, so we are not going to buy Chick Fil A products."

READ THE ARTICLE! It is just the latest.

Liberals are saying, "We do not like Chick-Fil-A, so WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET THEM OPEN STORES!"

This is YOUR GOVERNMENT saying that! Get it? If you do not toe the line, they are using the government to shut down who they do not like!
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
AZDuffmanEvenBobRS
March 31st, 2019 at 7:18:59 AM permalink

See? Identical, but with chicken instead of shoes. Both are political parties disagreeing with an ideology and boycotting.

The government deciding which businesses can and cannot open is a little different from your everyday boycott.

I don't really "boycott" anything because it seems to be a pain in the behind to remember who I am supposed to boycott.

To say that liberals doing it is wrong but conservatives get a pass is to be completely blind to your own bias and unwilling to even give the thought of criticism to your party.

I've criticized a lot of different things on my side but I don't really see a lot of it from the other side.
rxwine
rxwine
March 31st, 2019 at 7:39:57 AM permalink

If you do not toe the line, they are using the government to shut down who they do not like!

Trump threatening American business when they want to do something different like move a business to a different location.

Should he be interfering or not?
  • Jump to: