Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
June 28th, 2019 at 5:05:00 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

CNN claiming that Kamala was clear winner of the debate and that she had a break-out moment - and that Biden was buried and exposed by Kamala for his past racist positions. Does anyone agree? Will Kamala be the nominee?

Kamala was definitely the winner of the debate. Does that mean she’ll be the nominee? No.

It’s soooooo early. No one knows anything yet.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
June 28th, 2019 at 5:51:16 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

So, you are in favor of stealing even more money from working people to give it to illegal aliens?

If so you must have loved the debates.

It seems clear that nobody in the Democrat Party lives in reality. This far left in the first debate, this is going to get funnier and funnier. By IA they may be promising to lower the age for SS to 30 so people can enjoy life.

We all know from past discussions you consider taxes theft. Fine.

There is no country on the planet or in the history of this planet that has not charged some form of taxes and spent the money in ways they prefer.

Calling taxes theft is... hmmm. What did you say about dems? We dont live in reality?

Again I am not arguing at this point your definition of taxes. But be clear they will happen. Any Republican hellbent on eliminating (lowering yes but not eliminating) taxes is not living in reality

As for how its spent, helping those in need regardless of nationality is a cause many people will fall behind. It has to be paid for somehow and as I said above if you think you can abolish taxes completely give it your best shot. Let me know when you have succeeded. Whatever reality that is
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 6:32:43 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

We all know from past discussions you consider taxes theft. Fine.

There is no country on the planet or in the history of this planet that has not charged some form of taxes and spent the money in ways they prefer.

Calling taxes theft is... hmmm. What did you say about dems? We dont live in reality?

Again I am not arguing at this point your definition of taxes. But be clear they will happen. Any Republican hellbent on eliminating (lowering yes but not eliminating) taxes is not living in reality

People taking money at the point of a gun is theft. That it has been done since before guns does not matter. That every nation on earth does it does not matter.

Quote:

As for how its spent, helping those in need regardless of nationality is a cause many people will fall behind. It has to be paid for somehow and as I said above if you think you can abolish taxes completely give it your best shot. Let me know when you have succeeded. Whatever reality that is

It is a cause a few liberals will fall behind and will repulse most rational people. That I cannot abolish taxes does not mean they are not theft.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
billryan
billryan
June 28th, 2019 at 7:12:06 AM permalink

People taking money at the point of a gun is theft. That it has been done since before guns does not matter. That every nation on earth does it does not matter.

It is a cause a few liberals will fall behind and will repulse most rational people. That I cannot abolish taxes does not mean they are not theft.

Why not man up and practice what you preach? If someone steals from me, I stop them What man doesn't. Why not refuse to pay taxes? Be the guy in real life that you play at on the internet? You are the perfect candidate. No family to support, plenty of investments to finance your crusade? Why let people steal your money?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwellRS
June 28th, 2019 at 7:19:29 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why not man up and practice what you preach? If someone steals from me, I stop them What man doesn't. Why not refuse to pay taxes? Be the guy in real life that you play at on the internet? You are the perfect candidate. No family to support, plenty of investments to finance your crusade? Why let people steal your money?

See, it's a weird thing. I don't really want to go to prison.
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 7:26:58 AM permalink

See, it's a weird thing. I don't really want to go to prison.

Probably the most truthful statement made in 300 pages
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
June 28th, 2019 at 7:47:03 AM permalink
SHE LIED: Kamala Harris Says She Was in Second Integrated Class in Berkeley — But Yearbook Pictures Prove She’s Lying

I quote portions:

Quote:

Kamala lectured Joe on how she was in the second integrated class in Berkeley, California.

But it was all a lie.
Harris said she was a student in only the second class to integrate at Berkeley public schools.

Not true.
Kamala Harris was born in 1964

Actually the classrooms in Berkeley were already integrated in 1963 — before she was born.

new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
tringlomane
June 28th, 2019 at 7:54:08 AM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

SHE LIED: Kamala Harris Says She Was in Second Integrated Class in Berkeley — But Yearbook Pictures Prove She’s Lying

I quote portions:

What was that you said about Trump and Bonespurs?

EDIT: I am still trying to figure out how the author of that article thinks Berkeley COLLEGE is somehow indicative of what public schools were doing?

Since Kamala went to college in the 80's long after segregation issues obviously the right is misinterpreting her statements (probably on purpose)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 8:11:45 AM permalink

I quote portions:

Anyone who says how "great" bussing was never lived thru it. It was a classic case of let the poor kids be bussed but the rich kids stay in their own schools. Lots of tension and violence. Destroyed neighborhood schools.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 8:17:03 AM permalink

I quote portions:

EDIT: I am still trying to figure out how the author of that article thinks Berkeley COLLEGE is somehow indicative of what public schools were doing?

Since Kamala went to college in the 80's long after segregation issues obviously the right is misinterpreting her statements (probably on purpose)

My goodness,
-did you even read the article?
-did you even watch the video clip?
-did you even look at the school pictures?

The school pictures in the link were from Berkeley HIGH SCHOOL not Berkeley College.

I fail to understand what point you are trying to make. I fail to see what was misinterpreted.
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 8:22:27 AM permalink

I quote portions:

My goodness,
-did you even read the article?
-did you even watch the video clip?
-did you even look at the school pictures?

The school pictures in the link were from Berkeley HIGH SCHOOL not Berkeley College.

I fail to understand what point you are trying to make. I fail to see what was misinterpreted.

I see the righties are getting frustrated at the possibility of another black president. And a female one to boot.

I dont see any problem with her statements

But if you are so conscientious why not start with Trumps lies first. Then maybe we can agree on something
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwellRS
June 28th, 2019 at 8:32:01 AM permalink

I see the righties are getting frustrated at the possibility of another black president. And a female one to boot.

But if you are so conscientious why not start with Trumps lies first. Then maybe we can agree on something

No, we have a problem with another left-wing moonbat. The rest is important to liberals and their identity politics.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 8:36:26 AM permalink

Quote:

Unfortunately that seems to be a common problem with lefties here. They are unwilling to accept irrefutable evidence, i.e Harris WAS lying.

Quote:

ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 9:03:07 AM permalink

I quote portions:

I’ve never seen you get upset over any of the THOUSANDS of lies Donald has told over the past couple of years, so why do you care about this “lie?”
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 9:05:31 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I quote portions:

I’ve never seen you get upset over any of the THOUSANDS of lies Donald has told over the past couple of years, so why do you care about this “lie?”

They actually appreciate when white-orange men tell lies

Makes them feel like they are hearing the truth
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
wellwellwellams288SOOPOO
June 28th, 2019 at 10:12:07 AM permalink
Polling at this point in the 2015 GOP race:

Jeb Bush 22% Scott Walker 17% Marco Rubio 14% Ben Carson 11% Mike Huckabee 9% Rand Paul 7% Rick Perry 5% Ted Cruz 4% Chris Christie 4% Carly Fiorina 2% Donald Trump 1%

Anyone who thinks they know anything right now is delusional.
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
Thanked by
wellwellwellSanchoPanza
June 28th, 2019 at 10:14:54 AM permalink

Anyone who says how "great" bussing was never lived thru it. It was a classic case of let the poor kids be bussed but the rich kids stay in their own schools. Lots of tension and violence. Destroyed neighborhood schools.

that 's the absolute truth. If KH is so hurt by JB's opposition to busing, why isn't she leading the fight to bring it back?
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 10:29:31 AM permalink
Quote: JimRockford

that 's the absolute truth. If KH is so hurt by JB's opposition to busing, why isn't she leading the fight to bring it back?

You have to be over 45 at least to remember the reality of it all. The crazy part is the neighborhoods gutted by bussing are now often the neighborhoods being gentrified, causing a whole new round of complaints.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
June 28th, 2019 at 11:33:09 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Why is the pay so high? Most engineers/scientists don’t even make this.

You obviously don't know any civil service workers.

NYT

Some of them have pensions higher than AOC's $174,000 salary. City and state tax free. Plus paid medical for life.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 1:21:46 PM permalink

The complaint has nothing to do with the University of California, or "Berkeley College," as you put it. The citations from the Berkeley Public Library make it perfectly clear that the yearbooks are from the high school.
Olla Podrida

Publication date

Topics
Berkeley High School (Berkeley, Calif.) -- Students -- Yearbooks

Collection
berkeleypubliclibrary; americana

Digitizing sponsor
Friends of the Berkeley Public Library

Contributor
Berkeley Public Library

Language
English

Volume
Spring

And examining those yearbooks even for just a few pages makes it perfectly clear that the Berkeley public schools were quite integrated at that time. Harris may just be trying to ape AOC in the Dimwitted Division. If so, she just has to try harder. But I'm out of popcorn again and have to get another bag.
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 1:35:43 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Harris may just be trying to ape AOC in the Dimwitted Division. If so, she just has to try harder. But I'm out of popcorn again and have to get another bag.

This is rich coming from a guy who regularly goes out of his way to defend a man like Donald who can't spell "hamburger."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 1:50:10 PM permalink

This is rich coming from a guy who regularly goes out of his way to defend a man like Donald who can't spell "hamburger."

A reaction to a phony candidate who can't get 20 years of the civil rights movement correct. No wonder why some people adore Banana Republics and totally far-out sex stories. Bring back Mike Avenatti!
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 2:00:46 PM permalink

A reaction to a phony candidate who can't get 20 years of the civil rights movement correct. No wonder why some people adore Banana Republics and totally far-out sex stories. Bring back Mike Avenatti!

I dont think she got it wrong.

Sounds like righties lying about the facts as usual.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 121
Thanked by
SanchoPanza
June 28th, 2019 at 2:08:00 PM permalink

Do you deny the fact that she had sex with a superior who then gave her public service jobs as a result? I do not set the bar for acceptability to be President at the Donald Trump level. To me she does not clear the minimum bar for acceptability. The fact that DJT does not either SHOULD NOT BE RELEVANT for the Democrat party in determining their nominee.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 2:23:57 PM permalink

If you want to make that charge public, you ought to try to back it up. Absent that, it stands as just another of the lefties' unsubstantiated insults, an increasingly common occurrence hereabouts..
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 2:24:18 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Do you deny the fact that she had sex with a superior who then gave her public service jobs as a result? I do not set the bar for acceptability to be President at the Donald Trump level. To me she does not clear the minimum bar for acceptability. The fact that DJT does not either SHOULD NOT BE RELEVANT for the Democrat party in determining their nominee.

What article are you discussing.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
June 28th, 2019 at 2:27:12 PM permalink

If you want to make that charge public, you ought to try to back it up. Absent that, it stands as just another of the lefties' unsubstantiated insults, an increasingly common occurrence hereabouts..

Thousand Oaks Elementary, along with all Berkeley public elementary schools, were integrated through a two-way busing plan, beginning in 1968, so Senator Harris is correct in describing her experience in 1969 as the second year of the busing integration program," Natasha Beery, director of community relations for the Berkeley Unified School District, said in an email on Friday.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 2:31:58 PM permalink

So unless you are calling the Berkeley public schools own website liars yes I am making it public.

https://www.berkeleyschools.net/2018/12/50th-anniversary-of-berkeleys-pioneering-busing-plan-for-school-integration/

Being born in 1964 she would have begun schooling in 1969

1968 is first year of integration according to the Berkeley ps website.

Funny thing I knew the righties were lying without doing the research because thats become so common lately.

But they continue to make it easy
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 2:40:16 PM permalink

So unless you are calling the Berkeley public schools own website liars yes I am making it public.

https://www.berkeleyschools.net/2018/12/50th-anniversary-of-berkeleys-pioneering-busing-plan-for-school-integration/

Being born in 1964 she would have begun schooling in 1969

1968 is first year of integration according to the Berkeley ps website.

Funny thing I knew the righties were lying without doing the research because thats become so common lately.

But they continue to make it easy

Yup. So the Berkeley Library and High School are lying. Just say it clear and loud. By the way, congratulations on finally understanding the difference between high schools and colleges.
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 2:40:28 PM permalink
Wow, so since there are pic of Berkeley's high school graduation class of 1964 showing they were integrated

And since Berkeley's own public school website claims that integration didnt even happen till 1968

The only logical conclusion is the yearbook photos the righties are pointing to is an absolute fabrication of fact.

Typical rightie BS like usual

Berkeley website has clarified the situation
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 2:45:44 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Thousand Oaks Elementary, along with all Berkeley public elementary schools, were integrated through a two-way busing plan, beginning in 1968, so Senator Harris is correct in describing her experience in 1969 as the second year of the busing integration program," Natasha Beery, director of community relations for the Berkeley Unified School District, said in an email on Friday.

Thousand Oaks in the San Fernando Valley. Berkeley is hundreds of miles north. They do not have much to do with each other.
If you have Beery's email, ask her were the Berkeley schools formally segregated in 1962.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 209
June 28th, 2019 at 2:50:06 PM permalink
Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't busing start originally to integrate school populations. If it started in 68 that would be quite a bit later than 62.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 2:51:59 PM permalink
Berkeley own website has clarified the situation as of 2 hours ago.

https://www.berkeleyschools.net/2019/06/the-history-of-integration-in-berkeley-elementary-schools-and-senator-harris/

Kamala Harris didnt lie.

Are Righties going to apologize?

Doubtful

EDIT: Must be weird to hear a politician telling the truth. Not sure Righties can handle that
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
Thanked by
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 2:58:16 PM permalink

I quote portions:

I'm so glad that voters are going to care so deeply about honesty from their politicians in next years election
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 3:00:52 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Do you deny the fact that she had sex with a superior who then gave her public service jobs as a result?

I deny it.

Take out the "as a result" and you'd be more accurate. You have no idea as to his motivations.

You are just looking for reasons to disqualify her in your mind.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 3:01:42 PM permalink

Maybe I'm misremembering but didn't busing start originally to integrate school populations. If it started in 68 that would be quite a bit later than 62.

I'm not sure how retarded the East Bay was at that time. But you have a key email. Why won't you ask about segregation at that time?
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 3:02:38 PM permalink

I deny it.

Take out the "as a result" and you'd be more accurate. You have no idea as to his motivations.

You are just looking for reasons to disqualify her in your mind.

Yeah. Brown liked all her talents.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 3:04:20 PM permalink

https://www.berkeleyschools.net/2019/06/the-history-of-integration-in-berkeley-elementary-schools-and-senator-harris/

Kamala Harris didnt lie.

Doubtful

EDIT: Must be weird to hear a politician telling the truth. Not sure Righties can handle that

Maybe there is confusion between segregation and busing, just as there was between high school and college.
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 3:05:42 PM permalink

Yeah. Brown liked all her talents.

Surprised you agree with me! There is still hope for you yet...
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 3:14:52 PM permalink

Maybe there is confusion between segregation and busing, just as there was between high school and college.

So you are saying Berkeley website is confused.

I would respect you more if you just admitted you were wrong.

I will start.

I did get it wrong that the yearbook photo was of Berkeley's high school and not college.

Now admit Kamala Harris did not lie like you claimed.

Your turn!
billryan
billryan
June 28th, 2019 at 3:15:49 PM permalink

Court cases trying to prevent forced busing tied up the courts for years.. Alabama was denied the National Title in 1966 ,mostly because it refused to integrate.
1968 was one crazy year.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 3:31:00 PM permalink

I will start.

I did get it wrong that the yearbook photo was of Berkeley's high school and not college.

Your turn!

Hahaha. Sancho is incapable of admitting when he’s wrong (it happens often). He will deflect and obfuscate with thinly veiled insults until the topic changes.
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
June 28th, 2019 at 3:33:37 PM permalink
Gateway Pundit

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

Nuff said.
Steverinos
Steverinos
Thanked by
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 3:53:22 PM permalink
She clearly prepared for this moment. She looked for the opportunity. You think she'd lie about something so easily verified? You think she'd lie about something that she would expect to be scrutinized? It's clear you underestimate her. Maybe not anymore?

I guess Trump supporters are so used to being lied to that they just expect everybody does it the way he does. It's funny to witness the discrepancy in their expectations for accountability.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 4:43:53 PM permalink

I will start.

Your turn!

She didn't "lie." She made a simple dumb mistake to press her advantage, as is so often done here.
The Berkely Web site dances around the actual racist real estate market of that screwed-up town.
" “Interracial Problems and Their Effect on Education in the Public Schools of Berkeley, California,” dated Oct. 19, 1959. The report exposed what former BUSD Superintendent Sullivan called “the inequities of Berkeley’s Little Rock.”
The report documented the city’s segregated housing patterns, with whites in the hills and blacks in the flats."
That is why the schools were not formally segregated, but the housing market was still living Jim Crow style.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
June 28th, 2019 at 4:47:30 PM permalink
Mayor Pete was the smartest guy in the room last night. What are the current odds on Mayor Pete getting the Dem nomination?
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
Thanked by
wellwellwell
June 28th, 2019 at 5:01:18 PM permalink

Kamala Harris didnt lie.

Doubtful

Here is Karmala’s actual quote from the debate: “I was part of the second class to integrate Berkeley California Public Schools almost 2 decades after Brown V Board of Education.”

From Berkeley Public school’s own website (which you linked to), their schools were already “integrated” and the schools reflected the racial composition of the school districts in which the people lived. There were no separate black and white schools. The following are some examples of the racial composition of elementary schools in various Berkeley school districts in 1963:

................. Caucasian Negro
Cragmont 728 (92.6%) 12 (1.5%)
Franklin 262 (26.1%) 639 (63.8%)
Lincoln 7 (0.9%) 750 (96.8%)
Washington 287 (46.6%) 185 (30.0%)

So her statement is factually incorrect. The Berkeley schools were already “integrated” in 1963 and were probably always integrated since there is no indication that Berkeley at any time maintained separate schools for blacks and whites.

If Karmala had stated that she was part of the second class to be bussed to another school district to provide racial equity within the schools, her statement would have been correct.

So if we hold Karmala to the same standard that the lefties hold President Trump to, she lied. If we are rational people, we should be able to agree that her statement was, at least, misleading.

I know that I am “splitting hairs” here but that is what we seem to do on this forum.

I think that we can agree to disagree.

P.S. If some says that they almost won $2000 but actually only won $1500, how would you characterize their statement? Would it be a lie? Misleading? Inaccurate? …….?
darkoz
darkoz
June 28th, 2019 at 5:14:57 PM permalink

The following are some examples of the racial composition of elementary schools in various Berkeley school districts in 1963:

Lol cragmont - 728 white people and 12 black folk. Yep integrated check.

Lincoln - 7 white folk and 750 black folk. Yep integrated check

SMH
Steverinos
Steverinos
June 28th, 2019 at 5:24:26 PM permalink

Here is Karmala’s actual quote from the debate: “I was part of the second class to integrate Berkeley California Public Schools almost 2 decades after Brown V Board of Education.”

From Berkeley Public school’s own website (which you linked to), their schools were already “integrated” and the schools reflected the racial composition of the school districts in which the people lived. There were no separate black and white schools. The following are some examples of the racial composition of elementary schools in various Berkeley school districts in 1963:

So her statement is factually incorrect. The Berkeley schools were already “integrated” in 1963 and were probably always integrated since there is no indication that Berkeley at any time maintained separate schools for blacks and whites.

If Karmala had stated that she was part of the second class to be bussed to another school district to provide racial equity within the schools, her statement would have been correct.

So if we hold Karmala to the same standard that the lefties hold President Trump to, she lied. If we are rational people, we should be able to agree that her statement was, at least, misleading.

I know that I am “splitting hairs” here but that is what we seem to do on this forum.

I think that we can agree to disagree.

P.S. If some says that they almost won $2000 but actually only won $1500, how would you characterize their statement? Would it be a lie? Misleading? Inaccurate? …….?

Look, Gateway Pundit is a junk site. Always has been. Period. Here's why:

It was misleading to post pictures from the high school when that WAS THE ONLY public high school in Berkeley. Meaning, it was integrated out of necessity. All schools, including elementary, didn't fully integrate until 1968 and she entered in 1969.

They posted pictures that they knew would mislead people. And that's what happened. And then the real news people stepped in and did their job and set the record straight. Ya know...the fake news people.
ams288
ams288
June 28th, 2019 at 6:11:29 PM permalink
Quite enjoyable to watch Fleaswatter and Sancho refuse to admit they’re wrong and keep digging the hole they’re in.
  • Jump to: