Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
February 6th, 2019 at 10:51:57 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

If Trump wins reelection get ready for a wild SIX YEAR RIDE! O.O

I've already made a bet on here with somebody about this, but I honestly don't think that Trump is even going to be on the 2020 Republican ticket.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
February 6th, 2019 at 11:00:52 AM permalink

It just hit me that with literally one year left before reelection,

One year? Try a year and 8 months. One year
from now the 'reelection' will still be 8 months
away. 75% of Americans will have had two
more birthdays by then.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
February 6th, 2019 at 11:01:08 AM permalink
Wrong thread.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
February 6th, 2019 at 11:03:45 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

One year? Try a year and 8 months. One year
from now the 'reelection' will still be 8 months
away. 75% of Americans will have had two
more birthdays by then.

I really should have said "Next year," instead. Is the Edit button still available on my post? :)
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
February 6th, 2019 at 11:04:46 AM permalink
Iowa caucus is less than a year away.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
February 6th, 2019 at 11:12:31 AM permalink
I spoke to the local Democratic leader yesterday, asking him if Sen. X had any campaign organization set up in Vegas/Henderson but he said he was unaware of any. So I emailed his office in Washington and sent along a halfa resume. Nevada is an early state in th primary system so its influence is oversized.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
February 6th, 2019 at 11:14:52 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

The question for the Democrats running is how low the campaign will go--will they attack each other only on policy issues, or will the opposition research be in full effect and have them tearing each other to shreds?

It should be fun!
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 6th, 2019 at 1:18:55 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

or will the opposition research be in full effect and have them tearing each other to shreds?

Of course that will be what they'll
do. Backbiting and screaming and
pointing fingers is what Dems do best.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 26
February 6th, 2019 at 1:34:37 PM permalink

Of course that will be what they'll
do. Backbiting and screaming and
pointing fingers is what Dems do best.

They'd do well to take a few lessons from Trump and the rest of the GOP about accepting personal responsibi--

Oops.

Never mind.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
February 6th, 2019 at 10:28:15 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Plenty of time for Hillary and the DNC to fix it.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
February 6th, 2019 at 11:35:18 PM permalink
Anyone else just perpetually exhausted from the news and politics? Never have I felt like I've had to keep track of so many names, allegations, scandals, breaking news stories and lies.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
Nathan
Nathan
Thanked by
RS
February 7th, 2019 at 4:31:51 AM permalink
Quote: Minty

Anyone else just perpetually exhausted from the news and politics? Never have I felt like I've had to keep track of so many names, allegations, scandals, breaking news stories and lies.

Welcome to the late 20 teens. 2016-2019. ;) :/ I sometimes wonder if it would have been better if it were 2009 rather than 2019.
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
February 7th, 2019 at 4:35:36 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Plenty of time for Hillary and the DNC to fix it.

Imagine the deep depression the righties are going to fall into when they finally realize that Hillary isn't going to be on the ballot in 2020.

I know we've got a long way till they finally reach that conclusion (heck, might not even be until Oct. 2020), but it should be enjoyable to watch when they finally get there.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
February 7th, 2019 at 5:41:30 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Imagine the deep depression the righties are going to fall into when they finally realize that Hillary isn't going to be on the ballot in 2020.

I know we've got a long way till they finally reach that conclusion (heck, might not even be until Oct. 2020), but it should be enjoyable to watch when they finally get there.

I don't think that she will be a candidate but, in a fractured field, there is always the potential for her to run. She is the one who beat the President* in the last election.

Your beloved "righties" will be against whoever emerges and I am 99% sure they will know it isn't Hillary much earlier than you predict. Depression? That is a Fig Newton of your vivid imagination. Yeah, some stories float around out there and there still is hatred of Hillary, but most people realize already the slim chances of her coming back.

I don't leave much room for that (I'd say 1%). I don't even know who I would consider the favorite right now...maybe Harris? She opened well. I can't wait for the campaign to get in full swing!

*in the popular vote, not the one that counts...
Nathan
Nathan
February 7th, 2019 at 9:19:22 AM permalink

I don't think that she will be a candidate but, in a fractured field, there is always the potential for her to run. She is the one who beat the President* in the last election.

Your beloved "righties" will be against whoever emerges and I am 99% sure they will know it isn't Hillary much earlier than you predict. Depression? That is a Fig Newton of your vivid imagination. Yeah, some stories float around out there and there still is hatred of Hillary, but most people realize already the slim chances of her coming back.

I don't leave much room for that (I'd say 1%). I don't even know who I would consider the favorite right now...maybe Harris? She opened well. I can't wait for the campaign to get in full swing!

*in the popular vote, not the one that counts...

It's been implied by Social Media that Hillary Clinton is gearing up for a 2020 run. Oh well, Social Media also said that Donald Trump would be impeached by the end of 2017, so I'll take what they implied about Hillary gearing up for a 2020 Run with a grain of salt.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 7th, 2019 at 9:55:26 AM permalink

It's been implied by Social Media that Hillary Clinton is gearing up for a 2020 run. Oh well, Social Media also said that Donald Trump would be impeached by the end of 2017, so I'll take what they implied about Hillary gearing up for a 2020 Run with a grain of salt.

Some clown implied on social media that the Earth is flat
Some clown implied on social media that a bridge in Brooklyn is for sale
so what
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
aceofspades
February 7th, 2019 at 10:38:30 AM permalink

It's baffling to us on the Right. Wasn't
She the the smartest and best possible
candidate last time? Hugely qualified.

Now it's like she has Leprosy. She's the
worst candidate to the Left. It makes
no sense, it's like she was never really
the best at all, it was a ruse..
Nathan
Nathan
February 7th, 2019 at 10:38:58 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Some clown implied on social media that the Earth is flat
Some clown implied on social media that a bridge in Brooklyn is for sale
so what

Which is why I take what people say on Social Media with a grain of salt. ;)
RonC
RonC
February 7th, 2019 at 11:31:01 AM permalink
We'll see if this candidacy gets off the ground...

"Former Klobuchar staffers spoke to the HuffPost on condition of anonymity. They described Klobuchar as habitually demeaning and prone to bursts of cruelty, making it difficult to work in her office for long."

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/report-klobuchars-treatment-of-staff-scared-off-potential-campaign-managers/

Tough but fair bosses have been some of the best I have had; tough but unfair is a different story. We will see how this one plays out.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 7th, 2019 at 11:49:30 AM permalink

"Former Klobuchar staffers spoke to the HuffPost on condition of anonymity. They described Klobuchar as habitually demeaning and prone to bursts of cruelty, making it difficult to work in her office for long."

Slowly they fall, one by one. That's three
women so far who's past has nailed
them. Fauxcahontas, Kreepy Kamala,
and Mean Klobuchar.. Who's next.
ams288
ams288
February 7th, 2019 at 3:21:49 PM permalink

Hahahaha. You wish it were that easy.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
Nathan
February 7th, 2019 at 3:59:16 PM permalink

We'll see if this candidacy gets off the growund...

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/02/07/report-klobuchars-treatment-of-staff-scared-off-potential-campaign-managers/

Tough but fair bosses have been some of the best I have had; tough but unfair is a different story. We will see how this one plays out.

Oh, nonsense. Just disgruntled staffers. I really doubt this would stop a campaign for 2 seconds.

More nonsense. Spaghetti thrown at the wall. Non-events with no substance.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 7th, 2019 at 4:18:04 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Oh, nonsense. Just disgruntled staffers. I really doubt this would stop a campaign for 2 seconds.
More nonsense. Spaghetti thrown at the wall. Non-events with no substance.

If they're digging up this much
damaging stuff this far out from
the election, imagine what they'll
find as time goes on. Dems are
the best at digging up bad crap
on each other.
Nathan
Nathan
February 7th, 2019 at 4:20:54 PM permalink

Hmm. I'll take what people SAID about someone without evidence with a grain of salt. For all we know she could have fired them for habitually showing up late or something like that and they trashed her out of spiteful revenge.
RonC
RonC
February 7th, 2019 at 5:17:51 PM permalink

We'll see if this candidacy gets off the growund......

Quote: beachbumbabs

I said "we'll see how this one plays out" and "Tough but fair bosses have been some of the best I have had; tough but unfair is a different story." because we don't truly know anything as "fact" yet.

I'm not sure why you react the way you do to just bringing it up...I didn't say that she was anything; I just brought a story into the conversation.

It is kind of a pattern.
RonC
RonC
February 7th, 2019 at 5:18:47 PM permalink

Hmm. I'll take what people SAID about someone without evidence with a grain of salt. For all we know she could have fired them for habitually showing up late or something like that and they trashed her out of spiteful revenge.

As i did, by saying "we will see how this one plays out"...as we will with a lot of the things "out there" on the varying candidates.
ams288
ams288
February 7th, 2019 at 6:18:21 PM permalink

If they're digging up this much
damaging stuff this far out from
the election, imagine what they'll
find as time goes on. Dems are
the best at digging up bad crap
on each other.

I keep seeing righties say this like it’s a bad thing and it should be worrying to us lefties.

Ummm, no. A tough primary is a good thing. Helps weed out the skeletons early and prepares them for the general.
RonC
RonC
February 8th, 2019 at 5:45:44 AM permalink

I keep seeing righties say this like it’s a bad thing and it should be worrying to us lefties.

Ummm, no. A tough primary is a good thing. Helps weed out the skeletons early and prepares them for the general.

It is a fun thing...I have stocked popcorn to see how low the candidates go...I enjoyed the Republican stuff last time. My candidate did not win the primaries and likely would have lost the general election, but I still enjoyed the train wreck.

I'll enjoy the Democrats as they go through the train wreck and select a candidate.

This isn't a negative post about demmies at all--it is just about the fun of watching the election process.
Nathan
Nathan
February 8th, 2019 at 7:30:47 AM permalink
Over/Under bet(No actual money wagering, ;) that this thread becomes more popular by February than Trump's Second And Third Year Thread? ;)
RonC
RonC
February 8th, 2019 at 7:38:59 AM permalink

Over/Under bet(No actual money wagering, ;) that this thread becomes more popular by February than Trump's Second And Third Year Thread? ;)

Where do you fall on the issue?
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 8th, 2019 at 10:05:16 AM permalink

This isn't a negative post about demmies at all--it is just about the fun of watching the election process.

It's fun because they'll forget all about
Trump and concentrate on how evil
all the other candidates are. Fun fun fun..
ams288
ams288
February 8th, 2019 at 5:58:41 PM permalink
I’ve gotta say, these stories about Klobuchar mistreating her staff are pretty damning. A lot of highly respected journalists on Twitter keep saying this has been an open secret for years.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
February 8th, 2019 at 6:21:28 PM permalink

I’ve gotta say, these stories about Klobuchar mistreating her staff are pretty damning. A lot of highly respected journalists on Twitter keep saying this has been an open secret for years.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/mollyhensleyclancy/amy-klobuchar-staff-2020-election

I agree. I've been reading some stories and they don't paint a pretty picture. Highest staff turnover in the senate.
Reminds me of the WH staff turnover
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Minty
Minty
February 8th, 2019 at 6:38:49 PM permalink
I do think niceness is a good indicator of someone's character and should be considered when they are in the running. However, a number of individuals have made the point that it rarely is even taken into consideration when the candidate is male. Thoughts?
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Minty
February 8th, 2019 at 6:43:17 PM permalink
It also must be pointed out that Donald is said to be equally, if not more abusive to the WH staffers.
Minty
Minty
February 8th, 2019 at 6:44:39 PM permalink

It also must be pointed out that Donald is said to be equally, if not more abusive to the WH staffers.

Now THAT is a turnover statistic I'd love to know.
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 8th, 2019 at 10:53:36 PM permalink

The links you provided gave me a good
laugh. Oh wait, there weren't any because
there aren't any..
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
ams288
February 8th, 2019 at 11:42:26 PM permalink

It's not just the high turnover which reflects poor leadership, but a staff that leaks info on their boss more than any other President. You'll always have a few disgruntled employees, but when it's like this the fish is rotting from the head rather badly. The stench must be awful.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
gamerfreak
February 9th, 2019 at 4:21:48 AM permalink

The links you provided gave me a good
laugh. Oh wait, there weren't any because
there aren't any..

EB asking for sources?! There’s a laugh...
EvenBob
EvenBob
February 9th, 2019 at 10:10:06 AM permalink

EB asking for sources?! There’s a laugh...

No, I'm not asking for sources, just
pointing out there are none to ask
for. They don't exist as I'm sure you
discovered after frantically searching
Google for an hour.
ams288
ams288
February 10th, 2019 at 3:39:20 PM permalink
Sometimes with all of the constant scandals I think we lose track of one important fact: he is so f*****g stupid.

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 10th, 2019 at 5:06:26 PM permalink

Sometimes with all of the constant scandals I think we lose track of one important fact: he is so f*****g stupid.

Is there something inaccurate about his tweet?
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
tringlomaneams288terapined
February 10th, 2019 at 5:26:27 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Is there something inaccurate about his tweet?

The weather at any particular moment has nothing to do with the global climate increase that is melting the polar ice caps and leading to sea levels rising.

Even if you don’t believe that global warming is something caused by humans, is a liberal conspiracy, etc.... the shrinking of ice caps and rising sea levels are a measurable thing that isn’t really debatable.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
MaxPen
February 10th, 2019 at 5:32:17 PM permalink
If a stupid person can become president maybe too many stupid people are able to vote?
100% risk of ruin
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
February 10th, 2019 at 6:01:57 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

The weather at any particular moment has nothing to do with the global climate increase that is melting the polar ice caps and leading to sea levels rising. Even if you don’t believe that global warming is something caused by humans, is a liberal conspiracy, etc.... the shrinking of ice caps and rising sea levels are a measurable thing that isn’t really debatable.

Which "sea levels" have been "rising" and by how much?
RogerKint
RogerKint
February 10th, 2019 at 6:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Doesn't matter. The earth is a globe and it's warming. Science says so. Our only chance of survival is to hand what little sovereignty we have left to a bartender.

100% risk of ruin
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
February 10th, 2019 at 6:15:33 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Globally, sea levels have been rising about 3mm per year since 1993.

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/understanding-sea-level/overview
RogerKint
RogerKint
February 10th, 2019 at 6:30:04 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Globally, sea levels have been rising about 3mm per year since 1993.

https://sealevel.nasa.gov/understanding-sea-level/overview

So a government organization says we have a problem that only .gov can fix? Seems reasonable.

100% risk of ruin
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
February 10th, 2019 at 6:37:39 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Doesn't matter. The earth is a globe and it's warming. Science says so. Our only chance of survival is to hand what little sovereignty we have left to a bartender.

And drive to England on bridges.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
February 10th, 2019 at 6:40:44 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

So a government organization says we have a problem that only .gov can fix? Seems reasonable.

No, not just a govt organization.

But can you elaborate on what you actually believe here, and what evidence supports that belief?

Are you saying that the body of scientific evidence has been falsified by the government?
  • Jump to: