• Threads: 99
June 18th, 2018 at 10:12:25 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Rare burgers with blue cheese
sauce on homemade buns,
and homemade chili on the
side. Blue cheese makes
anything better..

Last time I was in Vegas, we ate at a steakhouse. I got a lettuce wedge with extra Bleu cheese on the side, and saved it. My ribeye was mediocre until I put a small dab of dressing on a bite, and the flavor just BLEW UP in my mouth. The difference was ridiculous. Better than sautéed mushrooms or any other side I could have done to enhance the steak.

I've had filet and steak tips served with bleu cheese, and it enhances those, but never tried it with a ribeye before. It must be the amount of fat/marbling in the cut that acts with the dressing, because those leaner cuts didn't pop like the ribeye did. I would think it would do the same to hamburger that has a good outside sear.

Even if people don't like bleu cheese on salads, try it once on a steak. The flavor changes completely.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
June 18th, 2018 at 10:56:54 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

It must be the amount of fat/marbling in the cut that acts with the dressing, because those leaner cuts didn't pop like the ribeye did. I would think it would do the same to hamburger that has a good outside sear.

I really did go to culinary school
for a year. They drive home the
point about flavor enhancement,
and the use of one thing to offset
another. I use cheese and spices
a lot, everything is made from
scratch. If you learn how to cook
well, eating out becomes a
punishment more than a reward.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
June 18th, 2018 at 1:10:13 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Even if people don't like bleu cheese on salads, try it once on a steak. The flavor changes completely.

Blue cheeses like Stilton, in isolation can seem disgusting, but put a small slice on your steak or burger and melt it in, or make as a sauce, serve with steak and it's bloody marvellous. Yes, I think better with fatty beef.

There's a local restaurant that puts Stilton in its steak pies. It's to die for!

Anyhow... Tonight, after a long session at the gym, I prepared and scoffed a delicious Chicken wrap. Large herby wrap, lots of chicken in Fajita seasoning fried with bell pepper and onion in olive oil.

Washed down with a totally inappropriate English Craft Ale

Quick, simple, delicious and cost next to nothing.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 159
June 18th, 2018 at 1:24:42 PM permalink
Years ago, an accident resulted in a goodly portion of the content of a bottle of Marzano Blue Cheese dressing to drop into a pot of freshly made meatballs, sausages and meat sauce. It sat overnight and by the time I discovered it, it was time to heat it up. I wasn't crazy about the new combo sauce but several commented positively on it.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
June 18th, 2018 at 1:34:15 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Years ago, an accident resulted in a goodly portion of the content of a bottle of Marzano Blue Cheese dressing to drop into a pot of freshly made meatballs, sausages and meat sauce. It sat overnight and by the time I discovered it, it was time to heat it up. I wasn't crazy about the new combo sauce but several commented positively on it.

You probably just needed to adjust the quantities.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
June 18th, 2018 at 2:31:27 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Years ago, an accident resulted in a goodly portion of the content of a bottle of Marzano Blue Cheese dressing to drop into a pot of freshly made meatballs,

Is this the chocolate got spilled into
peanut butter story and Reeses
peanut butter cups were born? We've
seen the commercial.

"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 150
June 23rd, 2018 at 1:51:02 AM permalink

charlies grill philly steak and cheese. $7.49 regular size which was pretty big. it was very good. worth posting about.
comes with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, choice of cheese and green peppers which I 86ed and lettuce, and tomato if wanted
"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 202
July 1st, 2018 at 10:48:35 PM permalink
Prime rib dip sandwich
Potato salad
Can of Coke
3 roasted almond chocolate bars
Large peanut butter cookie
Bottle of gold peak lemon tea
12 ounce ribeye steak
Salad
Baked potato w sour cream and butter
1 scoop vanilla ice cream
1 scoop chocolate ice cream
Chocolate chip cookie
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff 
  • Threads: 264
July 2nd, 2018 at 1:06:50 AM permalink
one bowl Bran Flakes with milk.
one medium sized banana.
Two medium tomatoes sliced and slathered with mayonnaise on half a loaf of cheap white bread.
one Starbucks Frappacino (200 calories), most of it sugar and caffeine.
possibly an additional Frappacino (in addition to will power problems, I have memory problems).
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
July 2nd, 2018 at 4:24:13 AM permalink
Beef brisket
Corn bread
Come
Beans
Ice cream sandwich
Probably orange Fanta
White kit kat
Beef & cheese stick (these are God tier food, Iíll defend them to the death)
Cuban sandwich and hashbrowns
Coconut pie + vanilla ice cream (vanilla is GOAT, again, defend it to the death)
Grape drink

• Jump to: