back this fall until NBC dumped him when
he announced he was running.

Trump is already a leader, he doesn't need
to pretend. This comes across in spades to
the low information voter, Trump is almost
a stern father figure. When he gets what
he wants and drops out, there will be a
lot of disappointed people.

I watched his entire town hall on cable news this evening.

The man is entertaining.

I don't even get mad or annoyed when he goes after Hillary. I just laugh. He's funny.

I'm a Hillary supporter and I don't even think I'd watch an entire town hall she would have because she gives the standard boring politician answers. Trump speaks off the cuff and is entertaining.

But I still don't think he's a serious candidate and I don't think he will ever be the Republican nominee. Oops.... Somehow this must mean I'm "afraid" of him.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 19th, 2015 at 6:33:15 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Big difference between my (correct) statement and you constantly stating what liberals want, think, fear, etc.

I see, so when you make an unverifiable observation it is OK but when I do it is opinion dressed up as fact. Got it, thanks.

Quote:

Especially when literally every liberal on these boards laughs at your incorrect assertions that we are afraid of Trump. Seriously, when has any liberal on here said they are afraid of Trump??

First, the board is not the universe of liberals. Though it is liberal dominated, most liberals have never heard of it. So just maybe I am talking about a larger universe than I am here.

Second, they do not have to "say" they are afraid of Trump. Liberals show their fear of him in their actions. The first steps in the liberal attack machine are to imply that a GOP candidate is stupid, crazy, or both. I have seen this with Scott Walker in comments implying because he does not have a post-secondary degree he is somehow "dumb." They did it with Sarah Palin by implying because she talked unlike a politician she was "dumb," even substituting things Tina Fey said as things Palin said.

When that is not enough, the "crazy" talk starts. Think talk that Reagan will start a war. Robert Bork will bring back segregated lunch counters. Gingrich will eliminate Medicare.

This happens every time when liberals fear someone yet cannot come up with a rational reason to counter their arguments. Liberals fear Trump (for one) because his talk on illegal immigration so far has legs. They cannot say how liberals like illegal immigration, so they call him crazy.

So yes, I believe liberals fear Trump. As an intelligent adult I expect those on a forum to understand idiom and read critically, like I was taught about 4th to 5th grade. I have my B.S. so my days of endnotes are over.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 19th, 2015 at 7:18:31 PM permalink

I'm a Hillary supporter and I don't even think I'd watch an entire town hall .

You must have been proud yesterday when
she made a fool of herself in the orange
jumpsuit news conference. Rolling her
eyes, making stupid remarks like 'you
mean did I wipe it with a cloth', waving
her arms around like she's daft. Even
MSNBC was making fun of her, big
time. She looked as presidential as
Ronald McDonald.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 19th, 2015 at 7:20:58 PM permalink

Certainly there were no 9/11-sized screw ups under Obama...

This is the second time recently in this thread that you have laid 9/11 at Bush's feet. Maybe at some time you will state just what he did or did not do.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 19th, 2015 at 7:25:07 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Is like 'you mean did I wipe it with a cloth', waving her arms around like she's daft..

Anyone would be hypernervous when her own party is investigating her and her actions for misdemeanors and felonies of regulations, signed agreements and longstanding laws like the Espionage Act. Especially when her former boss and party leader is in charge of some of those inquiries.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 19th, 2015 at 9:47:15 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Anyone would be hypernervous when her own party is investigating her and her actions for misdemeanors and felonies of regulations, signed agreements and longstanding laws like the Espionage Act. Especially when her former boss and party leader is in charge of some of those inquiries.

Hillary looks OK in orange. Good thing,
she might be wearing it every day soon.

You know this is big when the major networks
are paying attention. CBS News is uncovering
emails, ABC and NBC are taking swipes at
her. This usually means the person is in
serious trouble.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 19th, 2015 at 10:35:01 PM permalink

Hillary looks OK in orange. Good thing,
she might be wearing it every day soon.

serious trouble.

So far, I'm still voting for Hillary, but that was funny, EB! How tone-deaf is her stylist that she would allow her to appear anywhere in orange? Field day for the comics.

I really think a lot of the news coverage is the news directors/EP's saying, "eff it. Politics as entertainment; never seen it before, let's see how far we can take it."
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 20th, 2015 at 5:38:01 AM permalink

serious trouble.

This is the big thing. So far liberals have used the usual, "It isn't news if only Fox and Drudge care, lets move on!" line. But it is now big enough that if the lamestreams don't start covering it they start to lose credibility. It is starting to sink in that it actually is a big deal on several levels.

That dopey face she made to try and blow off the comment will come back to haunt her.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 20th, 2015 at 7:16:56 AM permalink

Certainly there were no 9/11-sized screw ups under Obama...

This is the second time recently in this thread that you have laid 9/11 at Bush's feet. Maybe at some time you will state just what he did or did not do.

Just like most things that happen, 9/11 was a failure of many and not of one. I have been willing to concede that point regarding the current President--there were some bad things on his plate when he came into office, but the other side seems unwilling to concede that there were some bad things happening when Bush became President.

The intelligence apparatus was not where it needed to be when Bush came in office--heck, they didn't even talk to each other and our human intelligence capacities had been cut to minimal numbers. All in spite of the fact that some people then, and now, want to wipe us off the face of the earth.

Obama had bad stuff when he came into office, too. The issue isn't the fact that there is stuff on the plate (happens every time...). it is do you own it and fix it or do you blame the predecessor time and again. The left allowed Obama to blame everyone and not take responsibility.

Getting some to concede anything about their own people is like pulling teeth and it is what makes us unable to change anything by very much--if you don't kick your shitty people out and I don't kick mine out, we just keep all kinds of shitty people. That is what is in Washington today. The blame game is just another part of the problem--just fix the damn problems!!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
August 20th, 2015 at 7:57:33 AM permalink
For RonC
+1
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
August 20th, 2015 at 8:02:12 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I
Second, they do not have to "say" they are afraid of Trump. Liberals show their fear of him in their actions. The first steps in the liberal attack machine are to imply that a GOP candidate is stupid, crazy, or both. I have seen this with Scott Walker in comments implying because he does not have a post-secondary degree he is somehow "dumb." They did it with Sarah Palin by implying because she talked unlike a politician she was "dumb," even substituting things Tina Fey said as things Palin said.

When that is not enough, the "crazy" talk starts. Think talk that Reagan will start a war. Robert Bork will bring back segregated lunch counters. Gingrich will eliminate Medicare.

This is stupid and you should feel stupid for saying it. Sarah Palin is and was dumb as a bag of hammers. She was ignorant as hell. She had no idea what the Bush Doctrine was. She couldn't name a single Supreme court case other than Roe V Wade she disagreed with, heck she could have gone with something obvious that everyone despises like the Dredd Scott Decision. Hell the woman couldn't even name a magazine she reads.

She also continues to say dumb things like

Good God, Mr. President. To partner with Iran is to trust the enemy, which is insane. Iran has complicity in the rise of ISIS as it supports radical militias and arms Islamic terrorists.

which is super stupid since Iran is actively fighting ISIS also Iran is Shia Muslim and ISIS is an ultra radical form of Sunni Muslim, which makes sense since one of their biggest complaints was they were being forced out of the majority Shia government of iraq.

I don't have to be scared of her to realize she was a raging moron and still is to this day. Also plenty of people call Gohmert a moron, and he is, but I don't think any liberal anywhere is afraid of Gohmert. Sometimes your side just has some idiots on it and people call it like they see it.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 20th, 2015 at 8:54:09 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

This is stupid and you should feel stupid for saying it. Sarah Palin is and was dumb as a bag of hammers. She was ignorant as hell. She had no idea what the Bush Doctrine was. She couldn't name a single Supreme court case other than Roe V Wade she disagreed with, heck she could have gone with something obvious that everyone despises like the Dredd Scott Decision. Hell the woman couldn't even name a magazine she reads.

She also continues to say dumb things like

Good God, Mr. President. To partner with Iran is to trust the enemy, which is insane. Iran has complicity in the rise of ISIS as it supports radical militias and arms Islamic terrorists.

which is super stupid since Iran is actively fighting ISIS also Iran is Shia Muslim and ISIS is an ultra radical form of Sunni Muslim, which makes sense since one of their biggest complaints was they were being forced out of the majority Shia government of iraq.

I don't have to be scared of her to realize she was a raging moron and still is to this day. Also plenty of people call Gohmert a moron, and he is, but I don't think any liberal anywhere is afraid of Gohmert. Sometimes your side just has some idiots on it and people call it like they see it.

Righties will never accept the fact that Sarah Palin is dumb as a box of rocks. They think it's some liberal "lame stream" media conspiracy. How dare Katie Couric ask her what newspapers she reads!

Much like Trump, Palin looooooves attention. But at least Trump has some talent and skill and can actually hold a conversation.

Righties pretend that the left "fears" Palin. As if she will ever accomplish anything of significance. Nah, she'll continue to (ghost)write books and do interviews on FOX and say stupid things that appeal to her base, but that's about it.

Where is Palin now? Up in Alaska waiting for her unwed abstinence only-pushing daughter to pop out her 2nd bastard, right?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 20th, 2015 at 8:55:08 AM permalink
I found Sarah to be a breath of fresh air, I think others did too.
I think I feel another breath of fresh air, even on the stale air established news beaurocracy,
Not saying it's good air, just that it seems fresh.
I think people are hungry for better,
not for the first time in history, not for the last time either.
Our little representative democracy is still just an experiment,
At least in the larger scheme of things.

Like my play at the table,
I predict that it will not be boring..
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 9:27:31 AM permalink

How dare Katie Couric ask her what newspapers she reads!

Please name the Democrats who have been asked that question.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 10:18:08 AM permalink

Please name the Democrats who have been asked that question.

Who cares?

It's not a gotcha question. If a dem was asked it, they would have, ya know, just answered it.

Are you trying to argue that it was an unfair question to ask a massively unknown VP candidate what newspapers she reads?!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 10:32:54 AM permalink

Who cares? It's not a gotcha question. If a dem was asked it, they would have, ya know, just answered it. Are you trying to argue that it was an unfair question to ask a massively unknown VP candidate what newspapers she reads?!

The unrefuted point stands that it most definitely was a gotcha question and that no Democrat, to the best of anyone's knowledge here, was asked it or anything similar to it. Just another one-sided slam with absolutely no basis, just like the unanswered question about just what George Bush did to set off 9/11. Next you will be blaming him for the arrival of Katrina.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 20th, 2015 at 10:33:11 AM permalink

Who cares?

It's not a gotcha question. If a dem was asked it, they would have, ya know, just answered it.

Are you trying to argue that it was an unfair question to ask a massively unknown VP candidate what newspapers she reads?!

So far, you seem to be an interesting counterpoint to other's opinions.
Well, except that you didn't even attempt to answer a question, couple of questions actually. Don't go away mad, just answer a question when it comes your way, especially if other members asked it more than once.
Just sayin'
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 20th, 2015 at 10:35:58 AM permalink

Who cares?

I personally think that in the 21st century the idea of reading a newspaper is an archaic idea. Newspapers are telling you yesterday's news, today. There literally is no reason to read a newspaper today.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 10:41:04 AM permalink

Just another one-sided slam with absolutely no basis, just like the unanswered question about just what George Bush did to set off 9/11. Next you will be blaming him for the arrival of Katrina.

Not the arrival, just the aftermath...
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 10:45:49 AM permalink
I can't get over the fact that righties are still arguing that "what newspapers do you read?" is a gotcha question.

How is that hard to answer?

"No Dems were asked that, so it proves it...." Um. No. Joe Biden was a well known politician when he was picked as VP. It'd be pretty easy to guess which newspapers he reads. Palin was an unknown Alaskan. It was a completely fair question.

Sarah wasn't a victim of the mainstream media.

Sarah was a victim of her own stupidity.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 20th, 2015 at 10:47:55 AM permalink

Now you are stacking up, saving for some future date, the answers to questions you have been asked, some repeatedly?
I find it hard to wait for your upcoming and illuminating response.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 10:57:27 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

So far, you seem to be an interesting counterpoint to other's opinions.
Well, except that you didn't even attempt to answer a question, couple of questions actually. Don't go away mad, just answer a question when it comes your way, especially if other members asked it more than once.
Just sayin'

I have literally never "gone away mad."

It's an Internet forum with no accountability whatsoever. Nothing to get mad over.

If someone demands me to answer something, there's a pretty good chance I'll just sit back and enjoy their frustration. Especially with certain members....
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 20th, 2015 at 11:16:52 AM permalink

I have literally never "gone away mad."

It's an Internet forum with no accountability whatsoever.

'Edited for brevity -2F '

Especially with certain members....

I wanted to leave this alone, I really did, but I can't.

1- There is accountability for everything you do, or say, or post with 'no accountability'
2- I think maybe you are one of the 'good guys', but I cannot tell.
3- you were asked a question, maybe a couple, and you responded with something entirely off point with the current on-point.
That is not how you want to be remembered is it? Wouldn't answer a rough question?

Yep, it's an Internet forum. Don't be surprised when someone calls BS, whether or not that was what you left in your wake, as you passed, so to speak.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 11:47:13 AM permalink

If someone demands me to answer something, there's a pretty good chance I'll just sit back and enjoy their frustration. Especially with certain members....

Especially when you don't have a single blessed fact to back it up. Just like your leaders and obvious role models.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 20th, 2015 at 11:48:02 AM permalink

The unrefuted point stands that it most definitely was a gotcha question and that no Democrat, to the best of anyone's knowledge here, was asked it or anything similar to it.

It's a "gotcha" question just above what is your favorite color. I don't even think Katie Couric was trying to get her with that one.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 11:58:08 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

It's a "gotcha" question just above what is your favorite color. I don't even think Katie Couric was trying to get her with that one.

Exactly.

It's such a softball question. I doubt it would have ever even made the air had Sarah just responded with "The Wasilla Times" or something. (I don't even know if that's an actual paper - just an example).

Her bungling of the question is what made it news.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 20th, 2015 at 12:05:55 PM permalink

I can't get over the fact that righties are still arguing that "what newspapers do you read?" is a gotcha question.

Would you have been able to understand the answer if she replied "the ADN".

Sarah has made some mistakes, and she was blind sided naively by the MSM's and McCains ilk. She was the most representative governor Alaska had had for some time, and although I am not republican I recognize that she stood up for the people of the state against the big oil company's.

I don't believe she was presidential material. Not because she is stupid, but because she has old fashioned middle class value's and actually believed in the goodness of America and that the constitution was an enforceable document.

What many from the lower 48 don't understand is Alaska is a separate country. It is much more closely aligned with Canada than either Seattle or DC, and is treated like a colony to be looted. Alaska is at least one state that would do much better without the lower 48, and their politics.

Quote:

How is that hard to answer?

Do you really think Couric wanted to know which papers Palin read, or was there an ulterior motive? No one seems to speak what the really mean, and everyone is supposed to "read between the lines", leaving our best source of communication up to ambiguity.

Quote:

... Um. No. Joe Biden was a well known politician when he was picked as VP. It'd be pretty easy to guess which newspapers he reads. Palin was an unknown Alaskan. It was a completely fair question.

Biden read? That's rich, OK I'll bite, what papers does he read, and does he move his lips while reading? Which papers do you read?

OT a bit, but how do you figure his son was the only CEO to be competent to take over Ukraines oil ministry while we are provoking war with them? Biden would be great comedy if they put him out in front of the camera's without a teleprompter though, lololol

Quote:

Sarah was a victim of her own stupidity.

Define stupidity. Since being blind sided into McCains evil empire, she has made several million dollars as has her family. How much have you made? Since it seems you have different bench marks for intelligence than the Palins.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 12:09:16 PM permalink

Exactly.

It's such a softball question. I doubt it would have ever even made the air had Sarah just responded with "The Wasilla Times" or something. (I don't even know if that's an actual paper - just an example).

Her bungling of the question is what made it news.

As do responses here. By the way, what newspapers do you read?
rxwine
rxwine
August 20th, 2015 at 12:13:29 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Define stupidity. Since being blind sided into McCains evil empire, she has made several million dollars as has her family. How much have you made? Since it seems you have different bench marks for intelligence than the Palins.

"Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and the rest of her family earned a salary of about $50000 per episode for their TLC series."

I'm sure they are brilliant.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 12:17:45 PM permalink

Define stupidity.

A response to a question about wiping an email server with, "Do you mean with a cloth?"
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 20th, 2015 at 12:23:24 PM permalink

"Alana "Honey Boo Boo" Thompson and the rest of her family earned a salary of about $50000 per episode for their TLC series."

I'm sure they are brilliant.

Good point. That is a fine example of why I don't watch that type of popular television.

I have never watched more than one minute of that show and am aghast that there is an audience. Similarly I have never watched more than 5 minutes of "the Apprentice".

I am a believer in "each to their own" however.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 12:24:47 PM permalink

she has made several million dollars as has her family. How much have you made? Since it seems you have different bench marks for intelligence than the Palins.

If you define intelligence by how much money a person has made, you live in a sad world filled with geniuses like Paris Hilton and the Kardashians.

I am absolutely a more intelligent person than Sarah Palin. I would love to go up against her in an IQ test.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 12:25:52 PM permalink

The Ann Arbor News (online).

That was such a hard question! Phew. Glad I got past it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 20th, 2015 at 12:37:01 PM permalink

A response to a question about wiping an email server with, "Do you mean with a cloth?"

+100
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 20th, 2015 at 1:01:47 PM permalink

AMS, yes specifically AMS, I tossed a question your way once, or twice. I thought it fair, a fair question. You did not respond. I can only assume that you have my posts blocked, not a bad choice BTW.
But If you didn't have me blocked, and didn't answer the question(s), why in the the hell are your lips still moving? OK, not lips, fingers perhaps..
I thought I respected your position(s), then I questioned one or two of them.
As far as I can tell, you just went right on talking, like no one sent you a question.
For now I am assuming you are a real person, a real thinking person with a brain. I
I am trying hard, very hard, to be 'nice'.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 1:07:11 PM permalink

This response to a comment about Bush's role with Katrina proves the point about laying the entire blame on political opponents. In this, utter nonentities like Nagin and Blanco are left completely off the hook.
rxwine
rxwine
August 20th, 2015 at 1:09:48 PM permalink
Well, okay, are we pitting Hillary against Sarah in a political deathmatch quiz?

Putting my money on Hillary, in that case.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 20th, 2015 at 1:15:28 PM permalink

Well, okay, are we pitting Hillary against Sarah in a political deathmatch quiz?

Putting my money on Hillary, in that case.

I wish your wish would come true.
I got a couple bills against Hillary against anyone,
Including my 12 yr old,
I might lose my 2 bills, who cares, I hope you understood the point.
rxwine
rxwine
August 20th, 2015 at 1:19:43 PM permalink
If you want a winner on who takes blame and who doesn't, look up an interview Obama did with Barbara Walters in his first term.

He admitted that he said he probably makes a mistake every day where he could do better.

Then look up where Bush was asked and he couldn't think of anything. Also in his first term.

(Surprised you guys never ran with that anyway, spinning it all out of context by now -- Obama admits to making constant mistakes 24/7 on purpose)
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 20th, 2015 at 1:29:31 PM permalink

If you want a winner on who takes blame and who doesn't, look up an interview Obama did with Barbara Walters in his first term.

He admitted that he said he probably makes a mistake every day where he could do better.

Then look up where Bush was asked and he couldn't think of anything. Also in his first term.

(Surprised you guys never ran with that anyway, spinning it all out of context by now -- Obama admits to making constant mistakes 24/7 on purpose)

Yes, he did say that. That was after all the "Blame Bush" stuff...or at least most of it...
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 1:33:28 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

AMS, yes specifically AMS, I tossed a question your way once, or twice. I thought it fair, a fair question. You did not respond. I can only assume that you have my posts blocked, not a bad choice BTW.
But If you didn't have me blocked, and didn't answer the question(s), why in the the hell are your lips still moving? OK, not lips, fingers perhaps..
I thought I respected your position(s), then I questioned one or two of them.
As far as I can tell, you just went right on talking, like no one sent you a question.
For now I am assuming you are a real person, a real thinking person with a brain. I
I am trying hard, very hard, to be 'nice'.

I don't have you blocked, but I also only understand about 60% of what you're trying to say in most of your posts....
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 20th, 2015 at 1:36:14 PM permalink

I don't have you blocked, but I also only understand about 60% of what you're trying to say in most of your posts....

I have him blocked, 60%, you must have an
interpreter..
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 20th, 2015 at 2:36:32 PM permalink

If you define intelligence by how much money a person has made, you live in a sad world filled with geniuses like Paris Hilton and the Kardashians.

I am absolutely a more intelligent person than Sarah Palin. I would love to go up against her in an IQ test.

You are obviously pretty smart. Just guessing, you probably would better her score if it were some contest?

But that doesn't make her stupid. It also doesn't seem balanced in the universe when Paris inherited the Hilton fortune, or the same for Kimmy K. Go figure.

Sarah and you just know different things. There is no way to explain to someone what it is like to live in 40 below temps. It can be photographed or written about, but to understand it, you have to live it for awhile.

I think that is where Palin was coming from when she was blindsided with the question of her news source. I remember her dear in the headlight look. She wasn't prepared at all for being a VP candidate and I thought it a shrewd move by McCain. It improved his score. She took a beating for being overwhelmed by the offer, who wouldn't? She was way out of her element.

FWIW, I have several differences with her and her family's positions, but I try to give credit where it's due.

As a governor she tried to do the right thing for the Ak. people doing what she said she would do when she ran. That also ruined her for having a political career in the state when she quit mid term. She took advantage of her popularity and made some money, good for her.

I can't blame KK for taking the money either, although I don't appreciate her .

I can't imagine living my life on a fish site one day, and being prepped to run for national office the next. I would be overhwhelmed, and under prepared and might even fall for it?
petroglyph
petroglyph
August 20th, 2015 at 2:39:38 PM permalink

But that does not make you stupid or reflect on your IQ, or responsible for the reproductive choices of your adult children. The age of consent in Alaska is 16.
ams288
ams288
August 20th, 2015 at 6:01:50 PM permalink

But that does not make you stupid or reflect on your IQ, or responsible for the reproductive choices of your adult children. The age of consent in Alaska is 16.

So let's all go to Alaska and bang 16 year olds?? Not sure why you brought up the age of consent in Alaska.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 20th, 2015 at 9:11:55 PM permalink

Sarah wasn't a victim of the mainstream media.

No? Ask Joe McGinniss.
Twirdman
Twirdman
August 20th, 2015 at 11:44:45 PM permalink

Al Jazeera English. The New York Times. The Washington post. An assortment of various online resources from news aggregators like Fark. This is literally like the easiest question that a person can be asked.

Seriously if you were asked what newspapers do you read you couldn't name any or hell even say I don't read news papers I prefer to get my news from other sources and then list those sources.

This was not a gotcha question and hell fine lets ignore this question. Look at other questions she absolutely bungled.

She was asked whether she approved of the Bush Doctrine. This is a standard question one would be expected to ask of a VP running with a candidate who is in favor of it since it is arguably one of the largest changes to foreign policy in decades perhaps a century.

She didn't even know what the Bush doctrine was.

She was asked what Supreme court decisions she disagreed with. Not an incredibly odd question, it gets a feel of the candidates position on a range of topics, she could not name a single one other than Roe V Wade. Of the hundreds of cases she couldn't name a single case other than Roe V Wade she disagreed with.
Tanko
Tanko
August 21st, 2015 at 2:17:08 AM permalink

... and I don't think he will ever be the Republican nominee.

The Republicans have 126 Super Delegates who are not pledged to support any candidate.

This is so the Party bosses can pick their own nominee and screw the primary voters when their boy loses the popular vote.

Super Delegates can vote for someone other than the first place candidate and steal the nomination from Trump or whoever is leading with pledged delegates.

Bush could be in third place and still get the nomination.

If they do that to Trump, he will go third party.

"If you attack him, you will not come away unmarked."

That's why Trump didn't make the pledge that Fox dirtbag Roger Ailes tried to get his winged monkeys to tie him down with.

The Dems have Super Delegates too, and Hillary was hoping for an upset in 2008, but Obama had enough pledged delegates and Super Delegates to withstand any challenge.
ams288
ams288
August 21st, 2015 at 4:40:19 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

The Republicans have 126 Super Delegates who are not pledged to support any candidate.

This is so the Party bosses can pick their own nominee and screw the primary voters when their boy loses the popular vote.

Super Delegates can vote for someone other than the first place candidate and steal the nomination from Trump or whoever is leading with pledged delegates.

Bush could be in third place and still get the nomination.

If they do that to Trump, he will go third party.

"If you attack him, you will not come away unmarked."

That's why Trump didn't make the pledge that Fox dirtbag Roger Ailes tried to get his winged monkeys to tie him down with.

The Dems have Super Delegates too, and Hillary was hoping for an upset in 2008, but Obama had enough pledged delegates and Super Delegates to withstand any challenge.

This is why I think it's conservatives who fear Trump the most, not liberals like AZ pretends.

If Trump doesn't get the nomination, or if he feels like he was screwed out of the nomination, he'll just run as an independent. His ego is too big to just go quietly into the night.

Trump as an independent would basically guarantee a Democratic win. I don't think anyone would argue that, right?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 21st, 2015 at 5:16:07 AM permalink

There is little to blame on the aftermath. Liberals whine that "it took three days!" for the rescue to arrive. Three days is actually not that bad when you consider the scale. They forget that the Democrat mayor did zilch except run to the cameras to blame Bush.

Heck, it takes a day to get the people needed to do the rescue assembled from the various places they are and another day to load up and start driving.
  • Jump to: