Thread Rating:

doughboy11
doughboy11
  • Threads: 0
August 22nd, 2015 at 9:32:46 AM permalink
Trump widens lead over U.S. Republican presidential field
YES!!!!!!!!! and he has double the support of Bush in second place now!!!
Can't wait to see the Trump deniers reaction when he wins after them saying they're not afraid of him! lol!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 23rd, 2015 at 12:29:20 AM permalink
Quote: doughboy11

YES!!!!!!!!! and he has double the support of Bush in second place now!!!

With Biden getting in soon, and probably Kerry,
this should be an interesting race. Mrs Clinton
can go to being a pear shaped granny
in an orange jumpsuit, with Fed Prisoner
stenciled on the back.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
  • Threads: 240
August 23rd, 2015 at 4:58:56 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

With Biden getting in soon, and probably Kerry,
this should be an interesting race. Mrs Clinton
can go to being a pear shaped granny
in an orange jumpsuit, with Fed Prisoner
stenciled on the back.

It should be interesting. Hillary does not react well to being challenged. By now it is obvious that at the least Obama is not going to spend political capital to save her and at most is telling the FBI to nail her. Bill has to be happy that after she is out he doesn't have to act normal and hang around the house.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 23rd, 2015 at 5:25:36 AM permalink
Gov Moonbeam is chiming in on the email scandal this morning:

"California Gov. Jerry Brown told NBC News’ Chuck Todd that Hillary Clinton’s ongoing email scandal is full of “dark energy” that she must address. “It’s almost like a vampire,” Brown said. “She’s gonna have to find a stake and put it through the heart of these emails, in some way.”"

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/21/jerry-brown-hillary-clintons-email-scandal-like-a-vampire/

Yes, the source is "breitbart.com" but the interview is for "Meet The Press", so no trying to indict the quote or story just because the website doesn't lean your way...

My opinion is that any lesser candidate than the anointed one would already be falling more dramatically in the polls and likely out of the race within days had they been involved in the exact same scandal. I would say that for a D as well as an R... A highly educated lawyer who has served as a Senator and been First Lady and who has a husband that was a Governor and the President, and who is highly educated himself, should really have no excuse for doing something as stupid...yes, just plain stupid...as using a private server for government work.

I won't accuse her of having, emailed or gotten emails, that were classified. The important question, as it relates to JUDGEMENT (a pretty big one when it comes to being President and one people are questioning other candidates on...) is why did she not know and understand that such an arrangement showed great potential for possibly having information that could become classified due to the nature of her position and the way things change quickly in dealing with foreign governments.

I honestly do not see how anyone with a decent head on their shoulders can continue to support her in spite of clear proof (her own statements, for starters) that she did something as Secretary of State that shows a lack of judgment that is unacceptable for a President. It isn't a youthful mistake, it isn't a political witch hunt, it isn't a bad position...it was what should be considered by all an unacceptable lack of judgement that she allowed to continue over time and then erased when she knew she was going to be asked about it. There may be a crime in there somewhere, but it is judgement that is the issue important to the election today.

Before you say well this Republican did the same thing and all that stuff, let's go over my position. I have not heard that another SoS (D or R) had a private server. If they did, they were wrong and should be investigated. I have heard that some used private email for official emails which means the email traffic was outside the government's network. they should rightfully be chastised for that. They should be investigated if classified information was involved. I would not vote for anyone who had improperly handled classified material or who, in a position where they should have known better, left themselves open to something happening should material become classified. I'm not talking about an accident or a leak, I'm talking about knowingly doing something that is improper and telling us it was just peachy.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
August 23rd, 2015 at 9:21:24 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

It should be interesting. Hillary does not react well to being challenged. By now it is obvious that at the least Obama is not going to spend political capital to save her and at most is telling the FBI to nail her. Bill has to be happy that after she is out he doesn't have to act normal and hang around the house.

It does seem Obama is killing her campaign by slow cuts. All Beltway insiders know the Clintons are sociopaths without a single belief other than their own wealth and power. Let's see if the mainstream media has the balls to ask her about her sociopathic abuse of secret service agents.
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 23rd, 2015 at 11:13:48 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

Let's see if the mainstream media has the balls to ask her about her sociopathic abuse of secret service agents.

Nah, that's very old news. She was doing it
when Bill first got SS details as a candidate.
Hillary hates anybody telling her what to
do, especially if it's a man.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 23rd, 2015 at 11:48:52 AM permalink

Nah, that's very old news. She was doing it when Bill first got SS details as a candidate. Hillary hates anybody telling her what to do, especially if it's a man.

Always got to be on top of things. Probably one of the big reasons Bill strays so much.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
August 23rd, 2015 at 12:27:55 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

My opinion is that any lesser candidate than the anointed one would already be falling more dramatically in the polls and likely out of the race within days had they been involved in the exact same scandal.

"out of the race"

Well, Trump should probably get out of the race for many goofy, contradictory statements and improbable promises -- but let the people decide.

Instead, they make him the frontrunner.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
August 23rd, 2015 at 1:22:53 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

"out of the race"

Well, Trump should probably get out of the race for many goofy, contradictory statements and improbable promises -- but let the people decide.

Instead, they make him the frontrunner.

What has Trump done that even comes close to the Secretary of State, in the midst of all kinds of hacking incidents, using a couple (now we are starting to hear that there may have been emails moved to another server) unsecured, non-government servers to handle her official email?

He'll be judged on his record, of course, so Trump will have to flesh out promises and deal with the folks he rubs the wrong way. I am not a fan.

Hillary Clinton needs to hope that nothing is found that leads her to be judged by twelve instead of all the voters!!
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
August 23rd, 2015 at 1:53:41 PM permalink
As Secretary of State, Hillary signed off on the sale of one of the Unites States' largest uranium mines to the Russian atomic agency, Rosetom.

This followed a $2.35 million donation to the Clinton Foundation by the Chairman of the mining company that was selling the mine, and a $500k speaking fee paid to Bill Clinton in Moscow from a Russian bank that was promoting the mining stock.

This deal gives the Russians control over the Wyoming Mine, which could produce over half of the US uranium supply this year, as Putin is building his nuclear arsenal.

The Russians can sell this American uranium to Iran, Pakistan, or China, or whomever they please.

NY Times

New York Magazine
rxwine
rxwine
August 23rd, 2015 at 2:42:55 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

What has Trump done that even comes close to the Secretary of State, in the midst of all kinds of hacking incidents, using a couple (now we are starting to hear that there may have been emails moved to another server) unsecured, non-government servers to handle her official email?

It's hard for any Trump irregularities to come close to a State Department position, but that may only be because he hasn't held anything like it. Based on how you guys word your anti-Hillary arguments, it doesn't matter if Trump is only accused. That's enough.
I using same standard. Trump so guilty.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421236/donald-trump-university-scam-candidate-2016

Quote:

A class-action lawsuit in California and an ongoing civil suit brought by New York State allege that the now-defunct Trump University, later known as the Trump Entrepreneur Institute, defrauded up to 5,000 students, who paid as much as $35,000 to learn Trump’s real-estate investment strategies and techniques.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
RonC
RonC
August 23rd, 2015 at 2:56:21 PM permalink

It's hard for any Trump irregularities to come close to a State Department position, but that may only be because he hasn't held anything like it. Based on how you guys word your anti-Hillary arguments, it doesn't matter if Trump is only accused. That's enough.
I using same standard. Trump so guilty.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/421236/donald-trump-university-scam-candidate-2016

I hope you are not lumping me in with the "you guys" comment--I have said that she may not be guilty of any crime; that depends on the outcome of the investigation and potential prosecution. What she has done is shown very poor judgment in keeping her own server. You can't call out the previous holders of that office for that in the same context as her--she is running for President at least partially based on her record in office as Senator and Secretary. The others who may have been equally stupid (not proven; she is the only one who had her own server that we know of, though they may have been almost as stupid using unsecured equipment for their emails--I am open to that being a possibility) are not running for President.

Again, she doesn't have to be guilty; she's already admitted to poor judgment by having a server of her own and using it for official emails.

The case can, and should, be made against Trump. He can answer the criticism and the people can decide.

Hillary is much the same, but I question those who don't have huge questions about her judgement...she isn't being judged by twelve yet; and what she is known to have done was in a much more sensitive position than what Trump may have done. Still, if all the facts come out and he did it, he needs to go, too.
rxwine
rxwine
August 23rd, 2015 at 3:27:53 PM permalink
One other thing occurred to me about Trump. Let's suppose he drops out but does not run a third party.

Would he have enough influence to throw his supporters towards a particular candidate possibly changing the final outcome?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
August 23rd, 2015 at 4:00:02 PM permalink
Quote: bobsims

Let's see if the mainstream media has the balls to ask her about her sociopathic abuse of secret service agents.

I doubt they will, even if they did the SS Agents likely will not talk about it. I doubt it is limited to the Secret Service, though. Hillary just has the look and feel of someone who abuses anyone lower than her. This is after all the woman who stiffed a waitress on a tip at a diner.

I have found interesting how various POTUS' have treated the agents. Mostly I have guessed right, except for Carter. I would have thought he was decent to them, but the agents said he was not at all.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 24th, 2015 at 5:03:11 AM permalink

This is after all the woman who stiffed a waitress on a tip at a diner.

She what?!!?

I had no idea.

Lock her up now!!!

I can't believe I didn't know this. I am in shock.

I can't believe I was going to vote for a woman who stiffed a waitress on a tip.

The horror!!!
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
August 24th, 2015 at 6:23:40 AM permalink
With Biden seriously considering a run ( maybe not seriously, but rather giving the press something else to talk about), but if he is/does. Wow.
Trump and Biden just voicing whatever pops into their heads?
The comedy writers should just take up surfing in some exotic locale and check the news once a day.
Their job will have already been done for them......

Hell at this point some witty dog catcher from Cleveland should enter the race on Dem side ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
RonC
RonC
August 24th, 2015 at 6:32:24 AM permalink

One other thing occurred to me about Trump. Let's suppose he drops out but does not run a third party.

Would he have enough influence to throw his supporters towards a particular candidate possibly changing the final outcome?

If his supporters believe in him enough, and he sells them on the candidate he is backing (he is a good salesman), it could turn the tide.

The problem is that the supporters tend to gravitate to another candidate as part of the process before one drops out. The numbers dwindle, other folks rise, and people don't generally get out until they are not getting all that much support.
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 24th, 2015 at 6:57:46 AM permalink

Most candidates once they drop out of a primary tend to endorse another candidate in the field, whether or not his electorate follows him is a different issue entirely
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
ams288
ams288
August 24th, 2015 at 7:13:49 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

Most candidates once they drop out of a primary tend to endorse another candidate in the field, whether or not his electorate follows him is a different issue entirely

Yes, but this is Trump.

His ego is so big... I can't see him dropping out and saying, "vote for this guy who has been badmouthing me for the last year instead!"

Hopefully he'll run as an independent if he doesn't get the nomination. Keep things interesting.
Gabes22
Gabes22
August 24th, 2015 at 7:18:19 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Yes, but this is Trump.

His ego is so big... I can't see him dropping out and saying, "vote for this guy who has been badmouthing me for the last year instead!"

Hopefully he'll run as an independent if he doesn't get the nomination. Keep things interesting.

I don't think Trump has a bigger ego than your average presidential candidate. Trump I will say, is more forthcoming about what he thinks of himself in public while other candidates will try to be humble in public, but in private, it's a different story
AZDuffman
AZDuffman 
August 24th, 2015 at 7:45:17 AM permalink

I can't believe I was going to vote for a woman who stiffed a waitress on a tip.

The horror!!!

Sarcasm, I get it. But lets look at what it says about her. She claims she is trying to help women. Claims the other side is "waging a war on women." Yet she is too cheap to put a less than $5 tip out for a waitress, who BTW will be taxed on said non-tip because the government assumes she received it.

Just shows her no class, entitled mentality. Also that when it comes to OPM she is "generous" but she treats her own nickles like manhole covers.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
August 24th, 2015 at 8:00:19 AM permalink

The horror!!!

Sarcasm, I get it. But lets look at what it says about her. She claims she is trying to help women. Claims the other side is "waging a war on women." Yet she is too cheap to put a less than $5 tip out for a waitress, who BTW will be taxed on said non-tip because the government assumes she received it.

Just shows her no class, entitled mentality. Also that when it comes to OPM she is "generous" but she treats her own nickles like manhole covers.

Wow, AZ upset over a few dollars.
You must be going bonkers over the billions Trump never paid back due to 4 bankruptcies
But hey Trump is a conservative, gets a pass on billions he ripped off investors while Clinton no pass on a few dollars.
Very telling.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 24th, 2015 at 8:54:37 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

The horror!!!

You must be going bonkers over the billions Trump never paid back due to 4 bankruptcies
But hey Trump is a conservative, gets a pass on billions he ripped off investors while Clinton no pass on a few dollars.
Very telling.

I think Trump said something in the debate that was enlightening, if you thought about it.
Something like "I've made hundreds of deals, and a handful didn't work out well".
Maybe most of those deals were set-up as separate legal entities (or corporations), and maybe he lured in investors, and people were put to work. And a handful didn't work out well, and those investors lost $$, and those people were (once again) out of work. I think he said he used the laws, let's assume for a moment our laws are good laws or we wouldn't have them, big assumption I admit, used the LAW to mitigate the losses on those handful of deals, out of a much larger group of deals, many of which apparently worked out OK or he wouldn't be in the position he is.

I am not sure where the critisism gets a following here.
He did what wrong, exactly?
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
August 24th, 2015 at 10:10:25 AM permalink

The horror!!!

Very telling.

They are very different issues.

Nobody is denying that Trump is full of himself and had some bad deals that he tries to brush off.

However, stiffing a waitress out of a tip especially such a low tip is just a personal insult for somebody as vastly wealthy as Clinton. She obviously didn't like something about the waitress or was just is a cruddy mood and wanted to take it out on somebody. I think it shows how superior she feels to others even when constantly blabbing about equality. At least Trump is honest about his feelings of financial success and does not pretend to be some holier-than-thou type person.

Clinton is extremely wealthy, and pays many people below the $15 dollar an hour wage she now latches onto, she does not tip if she does not like the waitress. She is no candidate for the working class, she just wants votes and will say whatever blather she thinks people want to hear.

I as a neoconservative, am no Bernie Sanders fan, but I do respect him in that he actually practices what he preaches and he seems like a genuine person, even if I vehemently disagree with 90% of his views. He used to be pretty good on gun issues, being from Vermont, but now that he is running for the Democrats, he is starting to try to appeal to the anti-gun crowd, which is a shame, because that used to be one issue (of a couple) that I previously respected him on.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 24th, 2015 at 10:22:10 AM permalink

Just as all the lefties went bonkers over George H.W. Bush at the UPC scanner at the supermarket cash register. Just more of the double standards crap.
ams288
ams288
August 24th, 2015 at 10:36:53 AM permalink
If the email non-scandal doesn't take Hillary down, the righties should really start pushing No Tip-gate.

I think this could be the scandal that finally amounts to something.... based on the passionate paragraphs-long explanations of what stiffing a waitress says about her personality.
Gandler
Gandler
August 24th, 2015 at 10:51:31 AM permalink

If the email non-scandal doesn't take Hillary down, the righties should really start pushing No Tip-gate.

I think this could be the scandal that finally amounts to something.... based on the passionate paragraphs-long explanations of what stiffing a waitress says about her personality.

Lefties are still criticizing Trump for how he handled certain things decades ago. And, act as if this has a current effect on his personality or policy. And Trump does not pretend to be holier-than-thou, he happily admits he is a jerk and offers no apologies or caveats about his personality.

If Clinton is going to pretend to be some humanitarian Goddess when she treats workers and her employees like garbage, it matters a lot more, because it is an example of her false portrayal when on camera.

Also, the email scandal is real, many people in the military and intelligence community have lost their jobs and in some cases ended up in jail for far less emails.... She is not just a random politician who made a mistake, she is secretary of state and she should know better. But it is clear that she thinks she is above the rules and above having manners.

So to summarize, yes Trump is a jerk, and he does not deny it, he happily embraces it. Clinton is a jerk who tries to appear sociable when in public. Trump is an example of honesty and success in the private sector, Clinton is an example of corrupt politics and feeling like an elitist who falsely portrays how much she cares about poor people or minorities.

If Trump didn't tip a poor black waitress every leftie on here would be bleeding from the eyes and wherever (sorry had to) and probably would start multiple threads solely devoted to how racists Trump is. But, Clinton stiffs waitresses and underpays employees, "oh she is just misunderstood, look how mean the right is for pointing out facts, how dare the right point out that she violated the law and national security by casually tossing around classified emails "....
ams288
ams288
August 24th, 2015 at 11:45:22 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

But, Clinton stiffs waitresses and underpays employees, "oh she is just misunderstood, look how mean the right is for pointing out facts, "....

Nope. No one came close to saying that.

I was merely pointing out how desperate it seems for righties to criticize her based on not tipping one waitress.
Gandler
Gandler
August 24th, 2015 at 11:51:02 AM permalink

Nope. No one came close to saying that.

I was merely pointing out how desperate it seems for righties to criticize her based on not tipping one waitress.

Not desperate at all. After all if she believes in a nonsensical 15 dollar an hour minimum wage she is not helping that goal by not tipping workers who make less than minimum wage.... Also, she is not helping that goal by underpaying employees....
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 24th, 2015 at 11:59:54 AM permalink
Every sitting VP who ran for president got
the nomination of his party. Biden will be
no different. Dems don't hate him, he's
a known commodity in a good way. Hillary
is the hold your nose candidate that nobody
really likes.
ams288
ams288
August 24th, 2015 at 1:22:51 PM permalink

Every sitting VP who ran for president got
the nomination of his party. Biden will be
no different. Dems don't hate him, he's
a known commodity in a good way. Hillary
is the hold your nose candidate that nobody
really likes.

I'm beginning to think you're right.

I still say the email thing is a non-scandal. But it looks like a lot of Dems are getting worried.

Hillary or Biden. I'll vote for either. Both better than any of the Repubs....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
August 24th, 2015 at 1:52:11 PM permalink

I'm beginning to think you're right.

I still say the email thing is a non-scandal. But it looks like a lot of Dems are getting worried.

Hillary or Biden. I'll vote for either. Both better than any of the Repubs....

Of course you say that. If the Democrats nominate the Representative from Michigan's eighth district, you would vote for her before any Republican. It's why you continue to support Hillary. It's why I will support whoever the Republicans nominate. It is the general summary of what the party stands for. And since I can't pick one party to be for everything I am for , I have to choose one. So although pro choice.... I might have to vote for a Jeb Bush. (I don't think I could vote for Trump....)

By the way..... I have a large number of "Republican" friends and colleagues. I do not know of a single one who would vote for Trump. I have asked a lot of them if they even know ONE PERSON who would vote for Trump, and have found ZERO that fit that bill. If there is a forum member that is actually planning on voting for Trump in the Republican primary, please reveal yourself. I would be fascinated to ask you a question or two....
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 24th, 2015 at 2:31:06 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If there is a forum member that is actually planning on voting for Trump in the Republican primary, please reveal yourself. I would be fascinated to ask you a question or two....

I doubt I'll be voting, but I sit here hoping for a Trump win just as I sat in 2004 hoping for an Obama win. I do so simply because when I hear him talk (or when I see y'all comment on what he said, since I don't have TV) I get the feeling it's actually him talking. Whatever crazy thing he says he's going to do, I feel like he means exactly that. That doesn't mean I want to see a wall at the Mexican border, that I think it would be a good idea, or even that I think he could pull it off. I just get a sense that he's not blowing smoke up my a$$ to get my attention and / or support. He's insane... but he's real. It's refreshing.

I also get the sense that neither side really wants him. You have a non-politician that all the politicians hate? That sounds like a disaster. And that's exactly what we need.

"The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty."
- Eugene McCarthy,
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 24th, 2015 at 2:41:00 PM permalink

Of course you say that. If the Democrats nominate the Representative from Michigan's eighth district, you would vote for her before any Republican. It's why you continue to support Hillary. It's why I will support whoever the Republicans nominate. It is the general summary of what the party stands for. And since I can't pick one party to be for everything I am for , I have to choose one. So although pro choice.... I might have to vote for a Jeb Bush. (I don't think I could vote for Trump....)

By the way..... I have a large number of "Republican" friends and colleagues. I do not know of a single one who would vote for Trump. I have asked a lot of them if they even know ONE PERSON who would vote for Trump, and have found ZERO that fit that bill. If there is a forum member that is actually planning on voting for Trump in the Republican primary, please reveal yourself. I would be fascinated to ask you a question or two....

I'm a Republican who will NOT be voting for Trump in the primaries. Hard to say who will be left by the time they reach Florida, but I think the key demographic for Trump is not the people who like him, but those that don't. It's a question of his ceiling, not his floor. I think his negatives are going to be too big, no matter how much a certain percentage likes him, there's going to be a large majority that doesn't (among Republicans - somewhere around 60-70%), and that will prevent him from being their nominee. I still think it's most likely he'll run as a 3rd party candidate as the Republican mainstream solidifies behind someone else, though I don't know who that will be.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 24th, 2015 at 2:44:31 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I doubt I'll be voting, but I sit here hoping for a Trump win just as I sat in 2004 hoping for an Obama win. I do so simply because when I hear him talk (or when I see y'all comment on what he said, since I don't have TV) I get the feeling it's actually him talking. Whatever crazy thing he says he's going to do, I feel like he means exactly that. That doesn't mean I want to see a wall at the Mexican border, that I think it would be a good idea, or even that I think he could pull it off. I just get a sense that he's not blowing smoke up my a$$ to get my attention and / or support. He's insane... but he's real. It's refreshing.

I also get the sense that neither side really wants him. You have a non-politician that all the politicians hate? That sounds like a disaster. And that's exactly what we need.

"The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty."
- Eugene McCarthy,

I think you should vote. I think everyone should vote, not just you.
If evrey last person voted, every single one, we could be proud as a country, even if we picked the wrong candidate.
Can you imagine the world 200 years from now?
I cannot.
I hope the USA still exists then, and I hope them SOBs still take the time to vote, if they are still allowed to.
Gandler
Gandler
August 24th, 2015 at 2:46:29 PM permalink

In the Primary no I will probably not (though he's not my last option, so depending who is left still running by the time it gets to my state of NJ, which is near the end and hence will lose a lot of canidates by then, there is a possibility).

However, if he wins the nomination, I will vote for him over any Democrat who has a probable chance to win. I would certainly vote for him over Clinton. If he runs 3rd party I would consider voting for him if there is a lousy GOP option.
rxwine
rxwine
August 24th, 2015 at 3:47:39 PM permalink
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 24th, 2015 at 6:25:21 PM permalink
When PBS starts picking on a Dem, that always
a very bad sign.

'National Public Radio, which usually feeds only the bluebirds of Democratic happiness, reports that it learned from “two lawyers familiar with the inquiry” that a formal criminal investigation is under consideration, presumably at the Justice Department, and it could happen “soon.” '

Washington Times

Key word here is 'criminal'. Obama could
control this, but he's already thrown Hill
under his rolling bus..
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 24th, 2015 at 8:33:19 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I think you should vote. I think everyone should vote, not just you.

And I think that voting for "the lesser of two evils" is the most absurd thing one can accept. Given the choice of a poke in the eye or a kick in the nuts, I'll gladly give them the finger and receive both.

My vote is valuable. It means something. And I'm not giving it up until it is deserved.

330 million people in this country, and I get to choose between two of the most corrupt persons in it. Freedom of choice, indeed.

Enjoy it. You got about 4 more of these clown shows to go before it all crashes at my feet.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
August 24th, 2015 at 9:04:18 PM permalink

If there is a forum member that is actually planning on voting for Trump in the Republican primary, please reveal yourself. I would be fascinated to ask you a question or two....

Maybe.

If Biden has a chance or I care about a local Primary, I'll take a Democratic Primary ticket. If neither of those things is the case, then I might take a Republican Primary ticket, if I took one, I'd vote Trump.

Why? Simply because I think the Democratic candidate would win the General Election if Trump wins the Primary, and I would be voting for either the Democratic candidate or Socialist Candidate, if there is one. I'd certainly not be voting for Trump.

Right now, there is no Republican candidate I could see myself voting for in the General Election. That could change, I'm open minded. I could name two or three that might have a chance if they got their heads out of their posteriors on Social Policy. I like a few of them, in terms of Economic policy.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
August 24th, 2015 at 9:38:14 PM permalink

Ask away sir. You are aware that a Rassmussen survey has 57% of Republicans saying that Trump is likely to be the candidate with another 25% saying it is very likey. Aren't you? Not sure who your friends are but the sampling size must be small.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 24th, 2015 at 10:00:50 PM permalink

And I think that voting for "the lesser of two evils" is the most absurd thing one can accept....
My vote is valuable. It means something. And I'm not giving it up until it is deserved.

330 million people in this country, and I get to choose between two of the most corrupt persons in it. Freedom of choice, indeed.

It is bizarre isn't it? If these are the best choices America has [apparently so] we will get what we deserve.

Have you noticed Sanders lately? You seemed intrigued way back a ways?

"The lesser of two evils, is still evil".
rxwine
rxwine
August 24th, 2015 at 10:36:00 PM permalink

And I think that voting for "the lesser of two evils" is the most absurd thing one can accept. Given the choice of a poke in the eye or a kick in the nuts,

Good thing you don't live in Australia, I think you'd be required to pick one. (compulsory voting) The third option is just different version of the first two.
bobsims
bobsims
  • Threads: 9
August 25th, 2015 at 8:20:11 AM permalink
I don't think Mike Bishop, of Michigan's 8th is getting the Democrat nomination!
Gabes22
Gabes22
August 25th, 2015 at 10:52:30 AM permalink
Everytime election season rolls around, I have the urge to watch the South Park episode titled "Giant Douche, Turd Sandwich"
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 25th, 2015 at 4:03:08 PM permalink
Fox just streamed a random live 10min of a
Trump news conference. I gotta say, he's
more and more impressive as time goes
by. He answers any and all questions in
a forceful and educated fashion, while
at the same time being likable and compelling.
There is nobody in the race even close to
this. He doesn't sound at all like a politician.
terapined
terapined
August 25th, 2015 at 4:08:39 PM permalink

And I think that voting for "the lesser of two evils" is the most absurd thing one can accept. Given the choice of a poke in the eye or a kick in the nuts, I'll gladly give them the finger and receive both.

Enjoy it. You got about 4 more of these clown shows to go before it all crashes at my feet.

I always vote.
Have you checked the ballot Face? Many presidential elections, Its rare to just have 2 names on the ballot.
Many years I was surprised at the number of choices.
Now a lot of people say I am throwing my vote away in some previous elections.
I've voted for 3rd party candidates, John Anderson once, Ralph Nader twice.
If I am voting for a 3rd party candidate, I am not throwing my vote away, I am simply voting for the person I want to be President regardless of the polls.
reno
reno
  • Threads: 124
August 25th, 2015 at 5:22:34 PM permalink
I get the sense that Fox News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes is genuinely pissed that 3 weeks after the debate, Trump keeps calling Megyn Kelly a "bimbo". Earlier today, Ailes released a new statement:
Quote: Roger Ailes

Donald Trump's surprise and unprovoked attack on Megyn Kelly during her show last night is as unacceptable as it is disturbing.

How does this Fox vs Trump war end? Who will win? The old rule of thumb is to "Never pick a fight with a man who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton."

I would amend that by saying, never pick a fight with Roger Ailes. He always wins.
terapined
terapined
August 25th, 2015 at 5:48:17 PM permalink
Quote: reno

I get the sense that Fox News Chairman & CEO Roger Ailes is genuinely pissed that 3 weeks after the debate, Trump keeps calling Megyn Kelly a "bimbo". Earlier today, Ailes released a new statement:

How does this Fox vs Trump war end? Who will win? The old rule of thumb is to "Never pick a fight with a man who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton."

I would amend that by saying, never pick a fight with Roger Ailes. He always wins.

I actually agree with Trump.
I watched the debate. I was incredulous at Megan Kelly or Kelly Megan, whatever her name is. *
Her 1st question to Trump regarded twitter insults directed at Rosie Odonnell.
Was this a debate or was she asking National Enquirer questions.
She's not much of a journalist, she's talent and that question showed it.
"Never pick a fight with a man who buys ink by the barrel and paper by the ton." LOL
Its 2015 baby. Its the internet age. Ailes complaining about trumps twitter rants just confirms its the internet age. Fox could not get Rommney elected and now Ailes is going to have to watch Trump get the Republican nomination.
Did you see that crowd in Mobile for Trump. Election is next year. Amazing. His followers are not going anywhere except to the polls to vote for Trump.

* Thank you we be sisters. Couldn't resist.
rxwine
rxwine
August 25th, 2015 at 6:36:50 PM permalink

I actually agree with Trump.
I watched the debate. I was incredulous at Megan Kelly or Kelly Megan, whatever her name is. *
Her 1st question to Trump regarded twitter insults directed at Rosie Odonnell.

Not sure, but based on the results of his polling, Trump should actually send Kelly a thank you note for that question.

He may have gone overboard today, but I hesitate to make such a prediction.
  • Jump to: