Thread Rating:

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
August 18th, 2015 at 5:54:59 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Look where that got us...

Unemployment way down, stock market is up, gas is $2.50, gay marriage is legal, Obamacare wasn't repealed and is succeeding. I'm pretty damn happy with where that got us.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
August 18th, 2015 at 6:49:02 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Unemployment way down, stock market is up, gas is $2.50, gay marriage is legal, Obamacare wasn't repealed and is succeeding. I'm pretty damn happy with where that got us.

Good jobs harder to find; lots more part time work. Perhaps there has been improvement in some ways but it hasn't been all that good for a whole lot of Americans...

"“But there is another set of government statistics,” Sanders continued, “and that that real unemployment if you include those people who have given up looking for work and the millions of others who are working part-time 20, 25 hours a week when they want to work full-time, when you all of that together, real unemployment is 10.5 percent.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/06/bernie-sanders-says-real-unemployment-rate-is-actually-10-5-percent-double-the-official-rate-video/#ixzz3jAn6XkO3

Gas--prices were lower (looking at Gas Buddy) when he took office than they are now. They did decline around the time of the election and inauguration but they also stayed over $3.00/gallon for a good portion of his Presidency before falling to the point they are at today.

Gay Marriage--it is legal. He was against before he was for it; as were most Americans. We may have been evolving to accept it but the Supremes decided the issue for us. That is one of three so far...

Obamacare--It wasn't repealed but we still aren't out of the woods on whether or not it will cost us way more than we think.

"The price tag is lower in part because fewer Americans will be covered by health insurance under the law than previously thought."

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/03/09/cbo-projects-decrease-in-obamacare-spending-warns-of-future-fiscal-crisis

I still don't think this will work out well in the end--there are still going to be a lot of people without coverage and just paying the penalty. I don't think that was the goal...

The best thing about the Obama presidency is that is just about over.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
August 18th, 2015 at 6:56:13 AM permalink

Gas--prices were lower (looking at Gas Buddy) when he took office than they are now. They did decline around the time of the election and inauguration but they also stayed over $3.00/gallon for a good portion of his Presidency before falling to the point they are at today.

And lets not forget, Obama said drilling would not lower prices! Liberals laughed at Conservatives for suggesting we needed to drill more!

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 8:47:01 AM permalink

Good jobs harder to find; lots more part time work. Perhaps there has been improvement in some ways but it hasn't been all that good for a whole lot of Americans...

"“But there is another set of government statistics,” Sanders continued, “and that that real unemployment if you include those people who have given up looking for work and the millions of others who are working part-time 20, 25 hours a week when they want to work full-time, when you all of that together, real unemployment is 10.5 percent.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/06/bernie-sanders-says-real-unemployment-rate-is-actually-10-5-percent-double-the-official-rate-video/#ixzz3jAn6XkO3

Gas--prices were lower (looking at Gas Buddy) when he took office than they are now. They did decline around the time of the election and inauguration but they also stayed over $3.00/gallon for a good portion of his Presidency before falling to the point they are at today

If Mitt Romney were president conservatives would be touting the low unemployment rate like there was no tomorrow. It always becomes a partisan issue and the opposite side tries to move the goal posts.

Yes, the actual unemployment rate is higher, yada yada yada.

When the rate provided by the government was over 8%, the actual rate was higher then too. It's not like they have changed the way they measure unemployment under Obama. Unemployment has come down. There is no denying that.

And the only reason I brought up gas prices is because of Newt Gingrich. His whole campaign was focused on getting gas down to $2.50. Thankfully Obama was able to do it, we didn't need that bloated a-hole Newt.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 18th, 2015 at 10:21:32 AM permalink

And the only reason I brought up gas prices is because of Newt Gingrich. His whole campaign was focused on getting gas down to $2.50. Thankfully Obama was able to do it, we didn't need that bloated a-hole Newt.

Please do tell what policy Obama enacted that lowered the price of gasoline? In fact everything Obama said about energy policy has been 100% backwards. He was against drilling and for so-called alternative energy. He was big on of EVs, which continue to be just a niche market propped up by subsidies.

With Gingrich we would have the same low gas prices but the benefit of benefit of less radical SCOTUS nominees.
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 10:33:32 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

With Gingrich we would have the same low gas prices but the benefit of benefit of less radical SCOTUS nominees.

Please do tell what radical SCOTUS nominees Obama has appointed in his 2nd term that Gingrich wouldn't have nominated....
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 18th, 2015 at 10:43:27 AM permalink

Please do tell what radical SCOTUS nominees Obama has appointed in his 2nd term that Gingrich wouldn't have nominated....

None yet, but be assured he will not nominate a good justice like Scalia or Thomas. Now, please answer my question.
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 10:53:02 AM permalink

None yet, but be assured he will not nominate a good justice like Scalia or Thomas. Now, please answer my question.

You are hopelessly partisan.

Scalia and Thomas are "good" justices. Anyone Obama nominates is "radical."

Most of us live in reality. A President from the opposite party is not going to nominate justices that you like. Does that mean they are "radical?" No. You just don't agree with them. Grow up.
RonC
RonC
August 18th, 2015 at 10:53:25 AM permalink

If Mitt Romney were president conservatives would be touting the low unemployment rate like there was no tomorrow. It always becomes a partisan issue and the opposite side tries to move the goal posts.

Yes, the actual unemployment rate is higher, yada yada yada.

When the rate provided by the government was over 8%, the actual rate was higher then too. It's not like they have changed the way they measure unemployment under Obama. Unemployment has come down. There is no denying that.

The opposite side? Bernie is hardly from the opposite side. BOTH sides have folks on them saying things are not good. I've said before that the number is obviously distorted in many ways but the part-time thing happening this time has been a way bigger part of the "recovery" than anyone would like it to be.

I don't know if Romney could have done better and it does no good to think about it very long--Obama is the President and the buck stops there (well, except when he says that it doesn't by blaming everyone else).

It spent as much time up in price as it has down; it isn't like how he held it at this point for 8 years.

I know. he's done so little with so much that you have to stretch a lot to find worthwhile things. If gas prices go up again before he leaves office (which I don't think is going to happen), will you take away that accomplishment?
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 11:10:59 AM permalink

The opposite side? Bernie is hardly from the opposite side. BOTH sides have folks on them saying things are not good. I've said before that the number is obviously distorted in many ways but the part-time thing happening this time has been a way bigger part of the "recovery" than anyone would like it to be.

You can nitpick at it all you want, but my original statement was that unemployment is down. This is a factual statement.

Are you seriously trying to make the case that it hasn't gone down in Obama's 2nd term???

Quote:

I know. he's done so little with so much that you have to stretch a lot to find worthwhile things. If gas prices go up again before he leaves office (which I don't think is going to happen), will you take away that accomplishment?

Again: the only reason I brought up gas was because I think it's funny that Newt's entire campaign was focused on getting gas prices to $2.50. And it goes back down under Obama.

Do I think Obama is responsible for this? Of course not. The President doesn't have much to do with gas prices. They will always be blamed for high gas prices but no one seems to care when they're low.

"He's done so little with so much" - this is right-wing bubble speak. Of course he hasn't done much for YOU. You disagree with him on everything. Those of us on the left are pretty happy.
RonC
RonC
August 18th, 2015 at 11:35:53 AM permalink
Lefties are so funny. The right has issues with Bush's presidency and has said many things about it. The left just continually tries to tell us how great Obama is when he really isn't very good at all.

Bush was mediocre.

Obama is mediocre.

I like one better than the other, but neither set the standard for being great Presidents.

Yes, unemployment is down. The country is not up as much as unemployment down. How has President Obama really helped the people who voted for him, let alone the country...

--more part-time jobs and not enough growth in full-time ones
--more blame everyone else for your own issues (all that "Bush did it" crap got old; you ran to be President, be freaking President!)
--more children living in poverty now (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/20/more-children-living-poverty-now-than-during-recession/30415391/)
--millions less people will have healthcare than predicted
--a crappy nuclear deal with Iran

The list goes on...say what you want; it seems to me that President Obama has not even been good for those who voted for him. On the ground here, I have been told the same thing by more than one Democrat. The ones who went out and put signs out at night after work in support of him.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 18th, 2015 at 11:45:06 AM permalink

You are hopelessly partisan.

And you are not?

Scalia and Thomas are "good" justices. Anyone Obama nominates is "radical."

Most of us live in reality. A President from the opposite party is not going to nominate justices that you like. Does that mean they are "radical?" No. You just don't agree with them. Grow up.

It is not who nominated them, it is how they rule. Scalia and Thomas base their rulings on a clear reading of the laws and the Constitution with original intent. Justices on the left believe in some kind of "living, breathing document" thing. The Constitution is a contract between the governed and the government, meanings of words in a contract do not change over time. That is how I rate justices, not on who nominated them.

For example. I was no fan of Sandra Day O'Connor. Her support of affirmative action alone is a violation of the 14th Amendment. And yes, several justices are pretty radical. Sotomayor to name one. SCOTUS is supposed to be a place for impartial rulings, not some kind of social justice.
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 11:51:44 AM permalink

--more blame everyone else for your own issues (all that "Bush did it" crap got old; you ran to be President, be freaking President!)

When President Trump fails to accomplish 99.9% of what he promised, don't you think he'll blame it on Obama??

If the next President is a republican, hopefully you'll stand up to the righties who wanna blame Obama for everything.... But I doubt it.

Quote:

--millions less people will have healthcare than predicted

Ignoring what was "predicted" - how many millions more have coverage now than before Obamacare??
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 11:54:50 AM permalink

And you are not?

I am not. I am able to differentiate opinion from fact. You have the problem of stating your opinion as fact a lot of times.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
August 18th, 2015 at 11:56:02 AM permalink
Some academics have studied the illegal
immigration issue in depth and say Trump's
stand on it isn't even as strong as how the the
majority of the country feels about it.

Look for the other candidates to start coming
out with similar stances, even though the
big money contributors who own them won't
like it. They can always go back to where they
were after the election.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
ams288
ams288
August 18th, 2015 at 11:57:48 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

were after the election.

He wants to deport 11+ million people and their families. How many trillions of dollars would that cost? Is he going to magically force Mexico to pay for that too?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 18th, 2015 at 12:06:01 PM permalink

He wants to deport 11+ million people and their families. How many trillions of dollars would that cost? Is he going to magically force Mexico to pay for that too?

So we should not enforce the law because it costs money to do so? Should we not compare the cost of enforcing immigration with the increases in crime and social cost it otherwise brings? How many trillions is that costing?

were after the election.

Most Americans do not support illegal immigration as much as the left thinks they do. It may be a hidden wedge with blacks.
RonC
RonC
August 18th, 2015 at 12:23:16 PM permalink

When President Trump fails to accomplish 99.9% of what he promised, don't you think he'll blame it on Obama??

If the next President is a republican, hopefully you'll stand up to the righties who wanna blame Obama for everything.... But I doubt it.

The whole "blame the last President" thing went on way too long. I said that then; I'd say it again if it happened again.

You won't admit Obama hasn't been stellar; I have said the last President I supported was not the best. If you can't admit that he is not anything more than mediocre as President, why would I even think you would be honest about the next one should it be a Republican who does a good job.

Ignoring what was "predicted" - how many millions more have coverage now than before Obamacare??

We don't seem to know...the government is manipulating the number as they see fit...

"The Obama team also abruptly started to exclude uninsured illegal immigrants from the national tally on total number of uninsured Americans. Before Obamacare, these individuals were counted in that reporting, inflating the numbers. After Obamacare, these individuals didn’t get insurance, but suddenly didn’t get counted any more."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottgottlieb/2015/05/14/how-many-people-has-obamacare-really-insured/
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 18th, 2015 at 12:34:36 PM permalink

SMost Americans do not support illegal immigration as much as the left thinks they do. It may be a hidden wedge with blacks.

Did you watch this side bar from the article you linked? Its good.

edit:http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/18/watch-latino-immigrant-blasts-city-over-illegal-aliens/
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
August 18th, 2015 at 12:53:41 PM permalink

We have an $18 trillion national debt.

Would a few billion more make a difference at this point?

It was done cost effectively in the past, when most of the illegals left voluntarily rather than face deportation.

During the Truman administration, 127,000 illegals were deported and 3.1 million left voluntarily rather than face deportation.

Eisenhower deported 1.3 million in 1954, with one-tenth the number of Border Patrol agents that we have today.

Officially, over 2.1 million were either deported or left voluntarily under threat of deportation.

Operation Wetback

Fact Check
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
August 18th, 2015 at 12:58:36 PM permalink

When President Trump fails to accomplish 99.9% of what he promised, don't you think he'll blame it on Obama?? If the next President is a republican, hopefully you'll stand up to the righties who wanna blame Obama for everything.... But I doubt it.

Time to use the antiquated notion of precedence. History shows us that after 9/11 Bush did not blame his predecessor of eight months before for disarming the Air Force equipment that was supposed to guard the continental United States.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 18th, 2015 at 1:01:07 PM permalink

Mexico is not the sole national source of illegal immigration. As a matter of fact, they often complain that they suffer a several problem with illegal aliens from their southern borders, too.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 18th, 2015 at 1:01:09 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

SMost Americans do not support illegal immigration as much as the left thinks they do. It may be a hidden wedge with blacks.

Did you watch this side bar from the article you linked? Its good.

edit:http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/18/watch-latino-immigrant-blasts-city-over-illegal-aliens/

I didn't see that, thanks for adding.

Yes, illegal immigrants make life harder on the legal ones. I have known people who got here on fiancee visas. they tend to get really upset the issue. For all the talk of how "easy" it is to marry and come here legally, it is not.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 18th, 2015 at 1:03:37 PM permalink

For all the talk of how "easy" it is to marry and come here legally, it is not.

Never has been, going back for decades and decades. Even to McCarran-Walter.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
August 18th, 2015 at 1:04:33 PM permalink

The list goes on...say what you want; it seems to me that President Obama has not even been good for those who voted for him. On the ground here, I have been told the same thing by more than one Democrat. The ones who went out and put signs out at night after work in support of him.

Didn't ask me. Are these one issue Democrats?

I'd still vote for Obama. Political Science Association ranks him at 18, and George Bush at 35. That's quite a difference so far.

Besides you can give me the best leader in the world, and if he wants to focus on is overturning Obamacare, making gay marriage state approved, building a wall, banning abortion, making guns even less trackable, pretending there is no climate issue, and if I think about it long enough, a host of other issues --- not impressed, and not interested.

But I will ask you this question, why would you vote for a great or even the greatest leader who doesn't represent things you don't want or like?

Well, I wouldn't either. I'm answering for you.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
August 18th, 2015 at 1:12:37 PM permalink

You can nitpick at it all you want, but my original statement was that unemployment is down. This is a factual statement.

Are you seriously trying to make the case that it hasn't gone down in Obama's 2nd term???

Unemployment has been re-defined.

This article from '14 but it has continued to get worse.
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-real-unemployment-rate-in-20-of-american-families-everyone-is-unemployed?utm_source=feedly&utm_reader=feedly&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-real-unemployment-rate-in-20-of-american-families-everyone-is-unemployed

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/18-stats-that-prove-that-government-dependence-has-reached-epidemic-levels, from this link:#10 According to a report from the Center for Immigration Studies, 43 percent of all immigrants that have been in the United States for at least 20 years are still on welfare.

According to John Williams at Shadow Stats, unemployment is nearly 20%, or depression era levels. And then this:#6 While Barack Obama has been in the White House, the total number of Americans on food stamps has gone from 32 million to nearly 47 million.

Fifty million people in this country can't feed themselves and you post that jobs have improved? Wtf

With 93 million people considered "not in the work force" it makes it easier to get the unemployment rate below 7%!http://www.oftwominds.com/blogjune15/real-unemployment6-15.html
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 18th, 2015 at 1:15:11 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

But I will ask you this question, why would you vote for a great or even the greatest leader who doesn't represent things you don't want or like?

The No. 1 issue is security, now and for the foreseeable future. It is clear that for a significant segment of the American population, the future is not much longer than the next 30 days to, at the most, two to five years.
WinMeNot
WinMeNot
August 19th, 2015 at 12:52:33 AM permalink
He is aware of his loss but still on hope for a position maybe for homeland security. But what about his baggage!
RonC
RonC
August 19th, 2015 at 4:20:51 AM permalink

Didn't ask me. Are these one issue Democrats?

It was a couple at one time. They were agnostic about gay marriage but wanted the rights of partners (I guess that was good, they didn't last as a couple). They wanted less work for more pay with little effort--my darling BIL was once asked why he didn't get up early and work hard and he said "I don't do 9 a.m." and I said "I don't co-sign rent papers"... One was nearly socialist, the other a bit more moderate.

I'd still vote for Obama. Political Science Association ranks him at 18, and George Bush at 35. That's quite a difference so far.

At first glance, it appears that group may lean left a bit but I'll take the rankings for what they are worth--very little at this point. Obama is not yet "history" and Bush barely is. There will be some movement in the future; we shall see how it goes.

That is the "my shitty guy is better than your shitty guy" argument. It doesn't make Obama a "great" or "good" President; "average" at best.

Besides you can give me the best leader in the world, and if he wants to focus on is overturning Obamacare, making gay marriage state approved, building a wall, banning abortion, making guns even less trackable, pretending there is no climate issue, and if I think about it long enough, a host of other issues --- not impressed, and not interested.

Obamacare will need a major fix no matter which side is in power. It is not working out the way they hoped it would (millions more uninsured than predicted, more people just paying the penalty, etc.) and it will cost a lot of money to fix. The insurance companies just laugh; now they have tax subsidies helping to pay for more people to be insured so they make more profits. The law, as good as some may think it is, has all the hallmarks of poorly written legislation--lots of flaws.

The climate issue is a dilema. It isn't a hoax because there is no climate issue at all; billions of people living on earth have SOME impact on the environment. The problem is that we are trying to solve it alone at the expense of our people. It won't work and we'll be poorer for it. That is just plain stupid. It will take actual standing in the world and leadership to get others to go along and do their part. The Chinese will pollute away and it will get here while we screw the economy.

The guns you need to find can't be tracked now. New steps to make them easier to find will lead to new ways around tracking. It isn't the good guys with the guns causing the larger problems. Y'all rightly holler about freedoms lost in some of the freedom act stuff; taking more control of guns doesn't really work and is kind of the same thing relative to the Constitution as the take our freedoms act.

We haven't controlled or done anything to fix immigration; do you want no border control at all? A militarized border? Deportation? Amnesty? There are a lot of bad answers out there; I am hoping some form of compromise will help fix this issue.

I think we will have to make tough choices between people who say they will do some of everything and help everyone. They may have a position north or south of mine. I have to be smart enough to really look at what they can have a huge impact on and what they can have a lesser impact on. Most of them represent some things I don't want or like...

Most people aren't for giving Cousin Pookie a piece of the pie if the pie remains the same size; they'd like to see him get a piece of a bigger pie that they get a tad more of, too.

Well, I wouldn't either. I'm answering for you.

Thanks for answering for me, but I don't need you to do that. I'll answer for myself.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
August 19th, 2015 at 5:07:32 AM permalink
Also, Ron, pretty sure I heard the same thing a couple years back. People had changed their mind and were going to put in a replacement.

Ah, not so much.

Now the arguments against Hillary seem specifically Clintonesque. I haven't heard a lot of association arguments as of yet.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
August 19th, 2015 at 5:20:20 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Time to use the antiquated notion of precedence. History shows us that after 9/11 Bush did not blame his predecessor of eight months before for disarming the Air Force equipment that was supposed to guard the continental United States.

I'm glad, because Bush had no one to blame for 9/11 but himself.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
August 19th, 2015 at 5:40:19 AM permalink

I beg your pardon?
Can you elaborate on that statement?
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
RonC
RonC
August 19th, 2015 at 5:55:40 AM permalink

No one can say that Bush did things perfectly leading up to 9/11; things could have been done better...but you have got to totally ignore everything leading up to it that happened before he became President to think it was all his fault.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-clinton-hours-911-attacks-killed-osama-bin/story?id=24801422
doughboy11
doughboy11
August 19th, 2015 at 8:09:16 AM permalink
GAMECHANGER: TRUMP CLOSER THAN JEB TO CLINTON IN CNN POLL
Trump only down 6 points!
Yes!!!!!!!!!

and he's only down 5 points in this poll!!
yes again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now watch all the nutty Trump haters go crazy now!! HAHA!
ams288
ams288
August 19th, 2015 at 9:33:26 AM permalink

No one can say that Bush did things perfectly leading up to 9/11; things could have been done better...but you have got to totally ignore everything leading up to it that happened before he became President to think it was all his fault.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bill-clinton-hours-911-attacks-killed-osama-bin/story?id=24801422

I don't think that link supports your case at all...

Or at least, it certainly doesn't place any blame on Bill Clinton...

Quote:

According to the report, the missed chance made some lower-level officials angry, but later intelligence appeared to show that bin Laden had left his quarters.

“The principals’ wariness about ordering a strike appears to have been vindicated: Bin Laden left his room unexpectedly, and if a strike had been ordered he would not have been hit,” the commission wrote.

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
August 19th, 2015 at 9:46:05 AM permalink

That is the last thing anyone would expect from a so-called news operation run by Disney. Just ask George Stephanopoulos.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 19th, 2015 at 9:49:02 AM permalink

If you had just stopped at "I don't think", and then stated the rest of your opinion....
Take a breath now, big breath in, big breath out...
Then continue to wear your fingers out on the keyboard.
That same advice is offered to ams debaters on the other side. Pls, big breath in, big breath out...
ams288
ams288
August 19th, 2015 at 10:24:13 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

If you had just stopped at "I don't think", and then stated the rest of your opinion....
Take a breath now, big breath in, big breath out...
Then continue to wear your fingers out on the keyboard.
That same advice is offered to ams debaters on the other side. Pls, big breath in, big breath out...

Its 2015, I'm on an iPhone. No fingers on a keyboard anymore.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
August 19th, 2015 at 10:34:07 AM permalink

Its 2015, I'm on an iPhone. No fingers on a keyboard anymore.

A what phone?You get away with just talking, you don't have to hit any little buttons/keys?
Siri just types in whatever happens to appear in your mind?
This might be good, maybe not, I need to think, maybe tomorrow.....
You do still need to breathe right?
Siri doesn't breathe, she's a figment.
Pls tell me I'm not conversing with a figment.
That might be the last straw.
RonC
RonC
August 19th, 2015 at 11:35:24 AM permalink

One dead Bin Laden would have made a difference. We have incredible resources able to do all kinds of things that could have been used to take him out when he was easier to find. If we had done more to destroy terrorists before they got much of a start, it may have made a huge difference.

It is funny that everything that happened when Bush was President was his fault...and so was everything that happened for years of the Obama administration!

Now Clinton? Oh, he left things just fine and nothing bad linked to him that happened after he left office.

...and Obama only screwed up because Bush did it!!

I've conceded issues with Bush, the Republican leadership, etc.--the other side just can't do that very often.
RonC
RonC
August 19th, 2015 at 11:35:26 AM permalink

One dead Bin Laden would have made a difference. We have incredible resources able to do all kinds of things that could have been used to take him out when he was easier to find. If we had done more to destroy terrorists before they got much of a start, it may have made a huge difference.

It is funny that everything that happened when Bush was President was his fault...and so was everything that happened for years of the Obama administration!

Now Clinton? Oh, he left things just fine and nothing bad linked to him that happened after he left office.

I've conceded issues with Bush, the Republican leadership, etc.--the other side just can't do that very often.
ams288
ams288
August 19th, 2015 at 1:00:30 PM permalink

If it was so easy to kill Bin Laden, why did Bush fail so miserably at doing it for 7.5 years??

#thanksObama

Quote:

This just shows a misunderstanding of reality to me. Obama inherited a massive recession when he took office. It certainly wasn't his fault.

What did Bush inherit from Clinton?

Quote:

I'd certainly argue that the country was in a better place in January 2001 than it was in January 2009.

Bush basically tanked the economy and said "screw it, I'm gonna go paint selfies in Texas!"

Quote:

What is this even in reference to? What did Obama screw up? Certainly there were no 9/11-sized screw ups under Obama...
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
August 19th, 2015 at 3:26:49 PM permalink
deleted
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
EvenBob
EvenBob
August 19th, 2015 at 4:05:14 PM permalink
If you watch some of Trump on The Apprentice, he's
the same person we see running for president. He's
authoritative, in charge, holds nothing back. People
have been watching that show for the last 10 years,
Trump is somebody they respect. I think that's at
the bottom of this, they like him. This is something
you can't buy, you can't manufacture.

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 19th, 2015 at 4:39:22 PM permalink

If you watch some of Trump on The Apprentice, he's
the same person we see running for president. He's
authoritative, in charge, holds nothing back. People
have been watching that show for the last 10 years,
Trump is somebody they respect. I think that's at
the bottom of this, they like him. This is something
you can't buy, you can't manufacture.

Trump has "Command Posture." People respond to this. Of course, some cannot handle it in our feminized society. But most people would rather march to possible death behind a firm leader than follow someone indecisive.

We have had little of this in modern times. Bush43 after 9/11. Reagan at moments like "TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!" But never in Obama for example. POTUS Debates are love-fests with both sides afraid to show any ballls and explain why the other guy is an idiot for thinking what he does. Do you expect Trump to stand there and agree with Hillary Clinton Bernie Sanders about why we need more taxes?

Liberals are fearing Trump because he breaks every PC rule they have made and not only does he refuse to go away, his polling keeps getting better.
ams288
ams288
August 19th, 2015 at 4:53:41 PM permalink

Liberals are fearing Trump because

Opinion stated as fact.

Always wrong.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 19th, 2015 at 5:46:02 PM permalink

Bush's big screwup was starting two long wars and borrowing money to pay for them. For Obama the big ones were the Restoration and Recovery Act, continuing too much with the war fighting (with a combination of more taxes and more borrowing to pay for them). Still holding out judgement on Obamacare -- after almost two years, all the horror stories we were told would happen don't seem to amounting to too much destruction.

Other than those few things there hasn't been too much different in the directions they have taken the US. And that seems to be how most people who aren't on the far ends see the past 16 years
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
August 19th, 2015 at 6:09:36 PM permalink

Opinion stated as fact.

Always wrong.

This is an internet forum, not a book. Opinion is what we do here.

For example:

Obamacare wasn't repealed and is succeeding.

Republican primary voters are rarely concerned with picking the candidate who is the most electable.

EvenBob
EvenBob
August 19th, 2015 at 6:11:49 PM permalink

Trump has "Command Posture." People respond to this. .

Trump is familiar, he's a known quantity. He
got renewed year after year in primetime
because people like him. He was coming
back this fall until NBC dumped him when
he announced he was running.

Trump is already a leader, he doesn't need
to pretend. This comes across in spades to
the low information voter, Trump is almost
a stern father figure. When he gets what
he wants and drops out, there will be a
lot of disappointed people.
ams288
ams288
August 19th, 2015 at 6:17:48 PM permalink

This is an internet forum, not a book. Opinion is what we do here.

For example:

Obamacare wasn't repealed and is succeeding.

Big difference between my (correct) statement and you constantly stating what liberals want, think, fear, etc.

Especially when literally every liberal on these boards laughs at your incorrect assertions that we are afraid of Trump. Seriously, when has any liberal on here said they are afraid of Trump??
  • Jump to: