Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 20th, 2014 at 9:33:46 PM permalink
Quote: Pabo

Did he fire Hillary after Benghazi? Did she even do the right thing and offer to resign? Of course not. And for the obvious reason that doing so would have blown her chances for 2016.

I googled this:

https://www.google.com/#q=republicans+call+for+hillary's+resignation

I don't even see where Republican's called for Hillary's resignation over Benghazi? Seems very unusual, if there is all this direct guilt pointing to her.

It's possible I missed it though.

Hillary wouldn't be managing security affairs of an outpost on a direct level. And likely, she would not order air strikes or do anything of that sort, and even if she did she would be still be taking advice from military experts on the feasibility of the operation as she is not a military expert (afaik)
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Pabo
Pabo
  • Threads: 1
January 20th, 2014 at 10:13:45 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I googled this:

https://www.google.com/#q=republicans+call+for+hillary's+resignation

I don't even see where Republican's called for Hillary's resignation over Benghazi? Seems very unusual, if there is all this direct guilt pointing to her.

It's possible I missed it though.

Hillary wouldn't be managing security affairs of an outpost on a direct level. And likely, she would not order air strikes or do anything of that sort, and even if she did she would be still be taking advice from military experts on the feasibility of the operation as she is not a military expert (afaik)

That's part of my frustration with the Republicans: they remained silent. As I said earlier, Democrats would have been screaming for her head if this had been a Republican administration.

The Secretary of State is the person most responsible for how the United States presents itself to other nations–and protecting those who do that job for us. She failed on both accounts. Under this administration, the US is laughed at by our enemies and mistrusted by our friends and allies the world over.

(deleted last line)
Pabo
Pabo
January 20th, 2014 at 10:31:14 PM permalink
Does anyone here think that Joe Biden has any chance at all of becoming the Democrat Party's candidate in 2016? If so, why? For some ill-founded reason, he seems to be harboring thoughts of running again. Or am I misreading him?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 20th, 2014 at 11:07:32 PM permalink

Does anyone here think that Joe Biden has any chance at all of becoming the Democrat Party's candidate in 2016? If so, why? For some ill-founded reason, he seems to be harboring thoughts of running again. Or am I misreading him?

He's got a chance, albeit a slim one. I'd love to see him as the nominee though. It would be great to see the party of complete hypocrisy support him after the way they savaged McCain & his age in 2008. (If sworn in, Biden would be 2 years older in '17 than McCain would have been in '09)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Pabo
Pabo
January 20th, 2014 at 11:32:59 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

He's got a chance, albeit a slim one. I'd love to see him as the nominee though. It would be great to see the party of complete hypocrisy support him after the way they savaged McCain & his age in 2008. (If sworn in, Biden would be 2 years older in '17 than McCain would have been in '09)

Age might be a factor. I'd like to see him as the nominee, too. Can you imagine the ads run by Super Pacs illustrating some of his more noteworthy gaffes? It would be hilarious. I don't think he's got a snowball's chance in hell of becoming the nominee, but I'll wager that he makes a run for it. The guy is as much of a megalomaniac as Obama, and harbors grand illusions of his abilities. I think he's tainted, though, not only by his goofs, but also his connections to Obama. I'm doubtful that whoever the Democrats decide on will want to hitch his/her wagon to Obama's falling star.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 20th, 2014 at 11:37:03 PM permalink

Age might be a factor. I'd like to see him as the nominee, too. Can you imagine the ads run by Super Pacs illustrating some of his more noteworthy gaffes?

I agree, Biden would make for the most entertaining presidential nominee in history. It would be a non-stop gaffe-fest. lol

Unfortunately, considering that there are at least 65 million people out there who were stupid enough to vote for Obama TWICE, they could probably be convinced to vote Democrat again regardless of who's nominated.
Pabo
Pabo
January 20th, 2014 at 11:43:21 PM permalink

I agree, Biden would make for the most entertaining presidential nominee in history. It would be a non-stop gaffe-fest. lol

Unfortunately, considering that there are at least 65 million people out there who were stupid enough to vote for Obama TWICE, they could probably be convinced to vote Democrat again regardless of who's nominated.

Sadly, I have to agree with you, B9. The destiny of our country appears to rest in the hands of the gullible, low information voter.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 21st, 2014 at 10:06:24 PM permalink
2016 Republican Primary Poll

Paul Ryan 13%
Rand Paul 13%

Chris Christie 12%
Jeb Bush 11%
Ted Cruz 9%
Marco Rubio 8%
Scott Walker 6%
Bobby Jindal 3%

Full results: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us01212014_ux83dq5.pdf
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 24th, 2014 at 12:39:33 PM permalink
BTW, does anybody remember this gem from '08 when Biden told a paraplegic to "stand up"? lol

Can you imagine the media reaction had Palin made the comment instead?

Pabo
Pabo
January 24th, 2014 at 2:05:19 PM permalink
Thanks for the memory, B9. Mark Levin had a segment about some of Joe Biden's more outrageous lies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOfmHP_pcrI&feature=youtu.be

I'd have inserted the video like you did rather than just providing the link, but being the old dog that I am, I haven't learned that trick.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 24th, 2014 at 2:51:25 PM permalink

Thanks for the memory, B9. Mark Levin had a segment about some of Joe Biden's more outrageous lies.

I'd have inserted the video like you did rather than just providing the link, but being the old dog that I am, I haven't learned that trick.

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 24th, 2014 at 6:36:59 PM permalink
The Iowa GOP posted this flowchart as a joke, but then they deleted it because some people found it "offensive". *facepalm*

Personally, I cracked up when I saw it. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Democrat politicians have multiple copies posted on the wall. lol

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
January 25th, 2014 at 11:35:25 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

I was trying to bet against Hilary Clinton but can't seem to find a place that will book it.

Someone help me... but is the correct gambling phraseology...

You want to 'lay' Hilary Clinton?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 25th, 2014 at 3:01:04 PM permalink
^^^^^^^^
LOL!
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
January 25th, 2014 at 4:15:38 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I would lay her as much as I can and have a cigar before/after, I can't remember the order. She might have to keep up with dry cleaning from all that action.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
January 25th, 2014 at 11:49:19 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

To lay odds means to offer a bet in which one stands more to lose than the opponent. The opposite is to take odds.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 26th, 2014 at 1:56:12 AM permalink
Democrats see same-sex marriage as issue that will mobilize voters *facepalm*

The economy's in the tank, unemployment is still high, Obamacare is a disaster, yet Democrats are going to run on..........same-sex marriage?!?!?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 28th, 2014 at 4:31:32 AM permalink
US looks at ways to prevent spying on its spying

At first I thought this was a headline on The Onion, but it's real. Obama wants to prevent phone company employees and eavesdroppers from seeing whom the US is spying on! What's wrong with this picture, folks??
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 28th, 2014 at 4:58:41 AM permalink

The economy's in the tank, unemployment is still high, Obamacare is a disaster, yet Democrats are going to run on..........same-sex marriage?!?!?

This could be a good thing--they've already got the votes of many that support gay marriage; adding a huge push for an issue like this can hurt them much more than it can help them. I see it as kind of like the abortion issue--anyone pushing the agenda hard as part of their campaign pushes away "soft" voters that like them for all reasons but their stance on that "single issue."

There is always the chance that the media will realize that they are running on nothing...it could happen. Nah. Just a dream.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 28th, 2014 at 5:04:22 AM permalink

2016 Republican Primary Poll

Paul Ryan 13%
Rand Paul 13%

Chris Christie 12%
Jeb Bush 11%
Ted Cruz 9%
Marco Rubio 8%
Scott Walker 6%
Bobby Jindal 3%

Full results: http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/us/us01212014_ux83dq5.pdf

Paul Ryan is quickly becoming a scoundrel in my books. I am a veteran and his recent actions against veteran's benefits have made me angry. For me it isn't so much that they are trying to take things away; I can live with doing my part--it is just that they don't take things away from themselves and they don't truly fight fraud, corruption, cronyism, and the other big issues in the Pentagon. The minor changes they are making will hurt veterans and will not really help the Pentagon budget much at all.

"Doing your part" is a great sentiment if it truly is applied to everyone. It sucks when someone decides that I should do my part for political expediency. last I looked, my fellow Marines, soldiers, sailors, and airmen due their part everyday.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 28th, 2014 at 5:05:00 AM permalink

US looks at ways to prevent spying on its spying

At first I thought this was a headline on The Onion, but it's real. Obama wants to prevent phone company employees and eavesdroppers from seeing whom the US is spying on! What's wrong with this picture, folks??

Kind of like some 1960s comedy where some guy in an East Bloc country's secret police is monitoring some other guy in their secret police but the second guy is at the same time monitoring the first guy because he is acting suspicious because he is monitoring the second guy in the first place.......
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
January 28th, 2014 at 6:50:20 AM permalink

If Republicans can run on abortion which has been settled 40+ years ago with Roe v Wade, then why can't the democrats use same-sex marriage as one of their dividing issues.

*footfinger*
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 28th, 2014 at 7:56:05 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

If Republicans can run on abortion which has been settled 40+ years ago with Roe v Wade, then why can't the democrats use same-sex marriage as one of their dividing issues.

*footfinger*

Actually Democrats run on abortion more than the GOP. Obama 2012 was the most pro-abortion message since Roe.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 28th, 2014 at 12:49:55 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Actually Democrats run on abortion more than the GOP. Obama 2012 was the most pro-abortion message since Roe.

+1

Took the words right out of my mouth. Pro-abortion politicians LOVE to highlight the fact that they support abortion.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 28th, 2014 at 6:59:05 PM permalink
Free Crack Pipe Advocates Plan SF Giveaway

Good god, more liberal madness. Only in San Francisco!
djatc
djatc
January 28th, 2014 at 10:21:10 PM permalink

Free Crack Pipe Advocates Plan SF Giveaway

Good god, more liberal madness. Only in San Francisco!

It's like Hamsterdam all over again. God I love the Wire.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 29th, 2014 at 1:03:10 PM permalink
Some Bay Area Communities Could Run Out Of Water Within 4 Months

I say, let 'em suffer! You reap what you sow, California.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 29th, 2014 at 1:06:42 PM permalink

*facepalm*
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 29th, 2014 at 1:10:22 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

*facepalm*

I agree. Californians love to whine about the politicians they willingly vote for.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 3:51:58 AM permalink
11-year-old girl's cupcake business shut down by Madison County officials

Typical liberal bureaucrats. I'd trust this girl handling my food more than some of the minimum wage whiners I see working at fast food joints.

I actually hope this type of BS happens to more kids though. It will guarantee a large number of conservative voters a dozen years from now. (Unfortunately, it might be too late by then)
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2014 at 5:47:21 AM permalink

11-year-old girl's cupcake business shut down by Madison County officials

Typical liberal bureaucrats. I'd trust this girl handling my food more than some of the minimum wage whiners I see working at fast food joints.

I actually hope this type of BS happens to more kids though. It will guarantee a large number of conservative voters a dozen years from now. (Unfortunately, it might be too late by then)

What needs to happen is each time something like this happens is there needs to be 100 girls start a similar business the next day. Let the cops try to close them all down. Eventually people will say, "what are you going to do, shut down 100 of them?" I would really like to see a Limbaugh or Hannity encourage this kind of thing.

Imagine the media reaction.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 12:48:52 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I would really like to see a Limbaugh or Hannity encourage this kind of thing.

Me too. Conservatives need some type of event where they can attend & show their support. Remember Dan's Bake Sale back in the 90's? That was classic!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 31st, 2014 at 1:04:36 PM permalink

Me too. Conservatives need some type of event where they can attend & show their support. Remember Dan's Bake Sale back in the 90's? That was classic!

I'm not talking that so much as I am talking about same thing illegal aliens do at their rallies. Will ICE arrest 1,000 of them or more? No way which is why they get away with it. So next time a kid's lemonade stand or whatever is shut down we need it set so the next day there are 1,000 of them in the same town and let the cops try to shut them down. They would just leave it alone. Do it regulrly but sporadically so they cannot track it. Eventually the nonsense will stop.

But it would take a massive voice. It is the kind of thing that is more Glenn Beck than anyone else.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 1:12:23 PM permalink
For whatever reason—and it frustrates me to no end—conservatives always seem hesitant to engage in that sort of civil disobedience. (At least to the extent that liberals do)

And it's sad because that's EXACTLY what our side needs to do at this point! We can't count on politicians anymore...even our own.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
January 31st, 2014 at 4:25:48 PM permalink
Study: Liberals drink more alcohol than conservatives

Gee, next they're gonna tell us that libs smoke more marijuana than conservatives...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 1st, 2014 at 2:51:55 PM permalink
Bid to provide condoms to California prison inmates clears hurdle

Good lord, what the heck is wrong with CA??????
djatc
djatc
February 1st, 2014 at 4:47:08 PM permalink
The most important thing in an election are the bets. Anyone seeing any good lines/value bets? I would love the Wizard's input just like his SB prop bets thread.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 3rd, 2014 at 12:26:27 AM permalink
This guy is so pathetic. Go to 3:32 and see this part of the Obama-O'Reilly interview about Benghazi:
Quote:

O'REILLY: Did he tell you, Secretary Panetta, it was a terrorist attack?

OBAMA: You know what he told me was that there was an attack on our compound...

O'REILLY: He didn't tell you...

OBAMA: -- (INAUDIBLE)...

O'REILLY: -- he didn't use the word "terror?"

OBAMA: You know, in -- in the heat of the moment, Bill, what folks are focused on is what's happening on the ground, do we have eyes on it, how can we make sure our folks are secure...

O'REILLY: Because I just want to get this on the record...

OBAMA: So, I...

O'REILLY: -- did he tell you it was a terror attack?

OBAMA: Bill -- and what I'm -- I'm answering your question. What he said to me was, we've got an attack on our compound. We don't know yet...

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 3rd, 2014 at 1:43:03 PM permalink
Early Drive for Clinton Unsettles Democrats

Let's hope she sucks all the lib money away from the midterm elections. lol!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 5th, 2014 at 11:57:14 AM permalink
Elizabeth Hurley had 'year long affair with President Clinton - flying to White House for secret sex'

Low information voters will probably look at this as a reason to vote FOR Hillary in '16!
soxfan
soxfan
  • Threads: 9
February 5th, 2014 at 12:13:54 PM permalink
At this point in time there are no viable political solutions for America's problems, hey hey.
" Life is a well of joy; but where the rabble drinks too, all wells are poisoned!" Nietzsche
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2014 at 2:01:08 PM permalink

This guy is so pathetic. Go to 3:32 and see this part of the Obama-O'Reilly interview about Benghazi:

Quote:

O'REILLY: Did he tell you, Secretary Panetta, it was a terrorist attack?

OBAMA: You know what he told me was that there was an attack on our compound...

O'REILLY: He didn't tell you...

OBAMA: -- (INAUDIBLE)...

O'REILLY: -- he didn't use the word "terror?"

OBAMA: You know, in -- in the heat of the moment, Bill, what folks are focused on is what's happening on the ground, do we have eyes on it, how can we make sure our folks are secure...

O'REILLY: Because I just want to get this on the record...

OBAMA: So, I...

O'REILLY: -- did he tell you it was a terror attack?

OBAMA: Bill -- and what I'm -- I'm answering your question. What he said to me was, we've got an attack on our compound. We don't know yet...

As a liberal, your Benghazi obsession is hugely amusing to me.

Benghazi is never going to benefit your side, politically. You should let it go. No one gives a crap.
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2014 at 2:02:23 PM permalink
Quote: soxfan

At this point in time there are no viable political solutions for America's problems, hey hey.

THIS.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 5th, 2014 at 2:04:36 PM permalink

As a liberal, your Benghazi obsession is hugely amusing to me.

No one gives a crap.

Glad to know that you don't give a crap about 4 dead Americans. Guess you're too busy being "obsessed" with the Cult of Obama.
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2014 at 2:12:54 PM permalink

Glad to know that you don't give a crap about 4 dead Americans. Guess you're too busy being "obsessed" with the Cult of Obama.

That's always the response. "You don't care about Benghazi? But... FOUR DEAD AMERICANS."

Guess what? It's sad. But I've moved on and truly don't give a crap anymore.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 5th, 2014 at 2:19:07 PM permalink

Guess what? It's sad. But I've moved on and truly don't give a crap anymore.

Good, so when the next family member of yours dies, don't whine when I say to you afterwards, "I don't give a crap! Get over it!"
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2014 at 2:26:06 PM permalink

Good, so when the next family member of yours dies, don't whine when I say to you afterwards, "I don't give a crap! Get over it!"

Fine by me.

I think this is a good analogy:

Think of when a liberal complains or whines that Bush stole the 2000 election, how does a conservative respond? They'll just roll their eyes and tell them that it's old news and they need to get over it.

That's the same reaction us liberals have whenever conservatives whine about Benghazi. It's old news. It's over. You tried to make something of it, and failed. Move on.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 5th, 2014 at 2:50:47 PM permalink

Fine by me.

I think this is a good analogy:

Think of when a liberal complains or whines that Bush stole the 2000 election, how does a conservative respond? They'll just roll their eyes and tell them that it's old news and they need to get over it.

That's the same reaction us liberals have whenever conservatives whine about Benghazi. It's old news. It's over. You tried to make something of it, and failed. Move on.

Lame analogy. The 2000 election results were subsequently analyzed by various media outlets (who were hostile to Bush), and they came to the conclusion that he would have won anyway. Case closed.

From 5/15/2001: Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed (USA Today)

Keep your head in the sand. Your side loves to whine about things that have been long since settled (e.g., the 2000 election), yet you're afraid of reaching any similar resolution with things like Benghazi, the IRS, etc.

Now I understand why you continually get bamboozled by Democrats. *facepalm*
ams288
ams288
February 5th, 2014 at 3:37:21 PM permalink

Lame analogy. The 2000 election results were subsequently analyzed by various media outlets (who were hostile to Bush), and they came to the conclusion that he would have won anyway. Case closed.

From 5/15/2001: Newspapers' recount shows Bush prevailed (USA Today)

Keep your head in the sand. Your side loves to whine about things that have been long since settled (e.g., the 2000 election), yet you're afraid of reaching any similar resolution with things like Benghazi, the IRS, etc.

Now I understand why you continually get bamboozled by Democrats. *facepalm*

Lol you proved my analogy as being anything but "lame."

You responded as if I said I think the 2000 election was stolen.

I was saying that it is a tired argument that liberals will bring up sometimes and conservatives always swat down. And you, incorrectly assuming I was saying it was stolen, drudged up some old article to swat it down. lol

I think the constant facepalming is killing too many brain cells.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
February 5th, 2014 at 3:45:31 PM permalink

I was saying that it is a tired argument that liberals will bring up sometimes and conservatives always swat down. And you, incorrectly assuming I was saying it was stolen, drudged up some old article to swat it down.

Um...the article proves why liberals don't need to bring up the 2000 election anymore...because the real results were already counted. There is no similar article which gives an account of where Obama/Biden/Clinton were during Benghazi because Obama cultists like yourself refuse to investigate further. Duh!

• Jump to: