Thread Rating:

s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
January 16th, 2014 at 3:33:21 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Stop with the crap--AZ is neither tolerant of racist behavior or racist. You are smarter than that.

It's true, I am smart so when Az says that he's tolerant of racism because Freedom, I take his word for it.
Quote: AzDuffman

But yes, a cab driver should be allowed to refuse service to a neighborhood, often this is in the cause of safety.

Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 16th, 2014 at 4:14:09 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

It's true, I am smart so when Az says that he's tolerant of racism because Freedom, I take his word for it.

As I said before, refusing service to a neighborhood isn't racism, it is a business decision. Perhaps the cab driver does not want the deadhead trip back. Perhaps it is an area with a high robbery rate. Unless there is a "take all fares" law the driver should be able to refuse a trip. If we do not limit the number of cabs then there will be someone else who will willingly take the fare.

And I will repeat it here, unless your business is a public accommodation you should have the right to simply not offer your service. Either side of private transaction in a free economy (sadly the USA is no longer considered "free" btw) is supposed to have the right to say, "sorry, I do not want your business/service." For any reason. PERIOD. And you do not even have to justify the reason.

"I would like a price to photograph my wedding"
"Sorry, I am not interested at this time."

"I need a pizza delivered."
"Sorry, you are not in our delivery area, you are free to come and pick one up, though."

So I will assume to S2 freedom is racism. But you see, in a free society people are free to not like you.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 16th, 2014 at 4:45:12 AM permalink
It is easy to make the charge of racism--just like any other allegation, you can just toss it out there without proof.

If a neighborhood is overrun by the criminal element and pizza guys have been robbed and shot at ten times the average (you make up the number--we'll just say it happens a lot more there than anywhere else), a pizza delivery service refusing service is making a business decision to exclude that area from the delivery zones it services. They make a business decision to not come down my street even though I live within 200' of a road they do service; no exceptions. Both are business decisions. Business owners are allowed to make good or bad decisions within the law.

Another business could make another decision and take that business for their own. The fact that you don't see people doing it in either case means that it is not worth the trouble for them, either.

Neither decision is racist. Heck, I haven't even tossed out anything telling you what race lives in either area.

The idiots who live with charging racism as their main game plan aren't doing a thing to fix what they call racism because they call describing a problem in the terms of who lives where, what happens there, and why it happens "racism"--how about, for example, we just call the huge number of out-of-wedlock births a national tragedy brought on by the "everything is okay" crowd and perhaps made worse by laws that favor dads not being around. Then we can just wrap our minds around the fact that kids out of a two parent home do better, on average, than kids from a single parent home...and even more so in poor neighborhoods where it really takes two parents working together to make a decent living.

Perhaps we should reserve "racism" for the people that are really "racist"...instead of using it as a label to change an argument just by tossing out a word representing something vile.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 16th, 2014 at 5:06:28 AM permalink
You know what is racist?

Voter ID laws.

(sorry just trying to get this thread back to something dealing with 2016)
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 5:30:53 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

You know what is racist?

Voter ID laws.

Only because they don't allow dead people to vote. Adults have ID so it is not really a problem.
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2014 at 5:59:55 AM permalink

You know what is racist?

Voter ID laws.

Is it racist to require an ID for a myriad of things like cashing a check, getting in to see the President, etc.?

No, it is not. It is also not racist to require someone to prove their identity to cast a ballot. Everyone is required to do the same thing just as everyone is required to follow the existing law to get a driver's license, social security card, concealed handgun license, or any number of things.

If you can find your way to the ballot box every year, you can surely find your way to get an ID to prove who you are every few years. If the Democrats are giving you a ride to vote, they can give you a ride to the ID place. Republicans the same way.

You can disagree with voter ID laws for other reasons but just throwing out "racist" is a weak way to try and get the politically correct crowd to jump on the bandwagon. Too often the term "racist" is used as a crutch when there is no real harm to argue. I don't like it, so it must be racist...
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 6:00:25 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Only because they don't allow dead people to vote. Adults have ID so it is not really a problem.

Is there evidence of dead people actually casting votes?

I LOVE these voter ID arguments. The motive behind them is clear. Republicans want to prevent as many minorites from voting as possible. You know it, I know it. But you can never admit that, so they come up with all these piss poor excuses about dead people voting, voter fraud, ACORN, etc.

There is not a voter fraud problem in this country. Period.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 6:02:52 AM permalink

Is it racist to require an ID for a myriad of things like cashing a check, getting in to see the President, etc.?

No, it is not. It is also not racist to require someone to prove their identity to cast a ballot. Everyone is required to do the same thing just as everyone is required to follow the existing law to get a driver's license, social security card, concealed handgun license, or any number of things.

If you can find your way to the ballot box every year, you can surely find your way to get an ID to prove who you are every few years. If the Democrats are giving you a ride to vote, they can give you a ride to the ID place. Republicans the same way.

You can disagree with voter ID laws for other reasons but just throwing out "racist" is a weak way to try and get the politically correct crowd to jump on the bandwagon. Too often the term "racist" is used as a crutch when there is no real harm to argue. I don't like it, so it must be racist...

So when these voter ID laws are passed (always in Republican controlled places), why is it always minorities who are the most negatively affected by them?
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
January 16th, 2014 at 6:07:20 AM permalink

So when these voter ID laws are passed (always in Republican controlled places), why is it always minorities who are the most negatively affected by them?

Can you please give some actual real studies and statistics to back up your claim that once voter ID laws are passed, minority voting is negatively impacted?
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 6:11:00 AM permalink
Quote: timberjim

Can you please give some actual real studies and statistics to back up your claim that once voter ID laws are passed, minority voting is negatively impacted?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2013/12/17/states-with-higher-black-turnout-are-more-likely-to-restrict-voting/?clsrd

A quick Google search will return more if you're really that interested in the topic.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 6:22:27 AM permalink

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/monkey-cage/wp/2013/12/17/states-with-higher-black-turnout-are-more-likely-to-restrict-voting/?clsrd

A quick Google search will return more if you're really that interested in the topic.

So you are saying states with more minorities are more likely to want less fraud in elections? Like the black woman in Ohio who voted for Obama 6 times?

The only reason to be against Voter ID laws is because you want to allow easier election fraud.
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2014 at 6:31:35 AM permalink

Is there evidence of dead people actually casting votes?

I LOVE these voter ID arguments. The motive behind them is clear. Republicans want to prevent as many minorites from voting as possible. You know it, I know it. But you can never admit that, so they come up with all these piss poor excuses about dead people voting, voter fraud, ACORN, etc.

There is not a voter fraud problem in this country. Period.

No, Democrats want the minorities to think Republicans don't want them to vote so that they never have to think about how the years of liberal/progressive policies have hurt their cause and they can just worry about those big old nasty Republicans. If they keep the minorities or whoever thinking that Republicans are bad and don't want them to vote, they believe they will not have to explain what things are not getting better for them...
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 6:37:38 AM permalink

So you are saying states with more minorities are more likely to want less fraud in elections? Like the black woman in Ohio who voted for Obama 6 times?

The only reason to be against Voter ID laws is because you want to allow easier election fraud.

She was a POLL WORKER who was convicted of felony voter fraud. Think of how those ID laws would have changed her story!
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 6:39:42 AM permalink

No, Democrats want the minorities to think Republicans don't want them to vote so that they never have to think about how the years of liberal/progressive policies have hurt their cause and they can just worry about those big old nasty Republicans. If they keep the minorities or whoever thinking that Republicans are bad and don't want them to vote, they believe they will not have to explain what things are not getting better for them...

Keep telling yourself that...

To me, that is just insane conservative logic. It makes no sense, but it's clear you really believe it so there is no point in bringing facts into the discussion to try to argue with it.
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2014 at 6:46:36 AM permalink

To me, that is just insane conservative logic. It makes no sense, but it's clear you really believe it so there is no point in bringing facts into the discussion to try to argue with it.

Why is it that the only thing Democrats resist showing IDs for is one of the most sacred things--the vote. You have to prove who you are for everything else...

It isn't "insane" to disagree. That is just a stupid liberal attempt to call conservatives mentally ill instead of just understanding that we disagree with you and always will on this issue as long as you just think it is a raise issue.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 6:57:50 AM permalink

Why is it that the only thing Democrats resist showing IDs for is one of the most sacred things--the vote. You have to prove who you are for everything else...

It isn't "insane" to disagree. That is just a stupid liberal attempt to call conservatives mentally ill instead of just understanding that we disagree with you and always will on this issue as long as you just think it is a raise issue.

If this is true, why is it permissible for Republicans in Texas to allow a person to vote using a gun permit, but not a student ID?
timberjim
timberjim
January 16th, 2014 at 7:03:47 AM permalink

Again, I ask you to back up your claim that voter ID laws negatively impact minority voting. Your study gives no facts about what happens after voter Id laws are passed. Try again.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 7:12:16 AM permalink

Again, I ask you to back up your claim that voter ID laws negatively impact minority voting. Your study gives no facts about what happens after voter Id laws are passed. Try again.

Okay, I'll rephrase my claim.

Voter ID laws passed in Republican controlled areas are only done so with the intention of negatively impacting minority voter turnout (blacks, elderly democrats, students, poor people, etc.). The idea that they are passed to prevent the non-issue of voter fraud is just a smoke screen.

Do they actually negatively impact minority voters? It's probably too early to tell. But that is definitely their intention.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 16th, 2014 at 7:12:41 AM permalink

If this is true, why is it permissible for Republicans in Texas to allow a person to vote using a gun permit, but not a student ID?

School IDs aren't usually considered a "primary identification instrument". Things which are are usually government issued and contain a number of anti-forgery properties, such as holograms, microprint, etc.

My gun permit likewise contains no anti-forgery aspects. And I can't even buy beer with it.

Just a guess.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 7:14:44 AM permalink
Quote: Face

School IDs aren't usually considered a "primary identification instrument". Things which are are usually government issued and contain a number of anti-forgery properties, such as holograms, microprint, etc.

My gun permit likewise contains no anti-forgery aspects. And I can't even buy beer with it.

Just a guess.

So if both forms of ID contain no anti-forgery aspects, why is one (the gun permit) an acceptable form of ID for voting and one (the student ID) isn't?

OHHHH, it's because gun owners are more likely to vote R, and students are more likely to vote D.
Face
Administrator
Face
January 16th, 2014 at 7:18:06 AM permalink

So if both forms of ID contain no anti-forgery aspects, why is one (the gun permit) an acceptable form of ID for voting and one (the student ID) isn't?

OHHHH, it's because gun owners are more likely to vote R, and students are more likely to vote D.

I'm not from Texas, I have no idea how they do their permits. Permits are vastly different. PA is just a piece of paper you can get in 15 minutes. WY doesn't even have them.

In short, dunno. Just throwing out ideas.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 7:19:49 AM permalink

Not really. A student ID does not confer residency, a gun permit does.

Quote:

She was a POLL WORKER who was convicted of felony voter fraud. Think of how those ID laws would have changed her story!

Well for starters if she had to show what ID was shown in the record book for audit then they would have stopped her.

Look, we get it. Democrats had a long history of stopping blacks from voting in the polls, mostly in the south. But those days are long gone. ID just to ensure an honest election.
timberjim
timberjim
January 16th, 2014 at 7:23:45 AM permalink

Okay, I'll rephrase my claim.

Voter ID laws passed in Republican controlled areas are only done so with the intention of negatively impacting minority voter turnout (blacks, elderly democrats, students, poor people, etc.). The idea that they are passed to prevent the non-issue of voter fraud is just a smoke screen.

Do they actually negatively impact minority voters? It's probably too early to tell. But that is definitely their intention.

OK - you have admitted that you have nothing to base your allegations on.

Difficult to justify your beliefs when people won't simply accept off the wall statements as facts without you providing evidence to back up your claims, isn't it?
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 7:27:37 AM permalink

OK - you have admitted that you have nothing to base your allegations on.

Difficult to justify your beliefs when people won't simply accept off the wall statements as facts without you providing evidence to back up your claims, isn't it?

Not at all.

I think that article supports my claim pretty well. I should have just said that voter ID laws are INTENDED to harm minority voters, because it's too early to prove that they do because a lot of them weren't allowed to go into effect before the 2012 election. But it's clear that they will have a negative impact once they do, no?
timberjim
timberjim
January 16th, 2014 at 7:36:50 AM permalink

Not at all.

I think that article supports my claim pretty well. I should have just said that voter ID laws are INTENDED to harm minority voters, because it's too early to prove that they do because a lot of them weren't allowed to go into effect before the 2012 election. But it's clear that they will have a negative impact once they do, no?

What evidence do you have that they are intended to harm minority voters?

You, once again, claim that they will have a negative impact. What is your evidence? I ask this for one last time.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 7:42:48 AM permalink

What evidence do you have that they are intended to harm minority voters?

You, once again, claim that they will have a negative impact. What is your evidence? I ask this for one last time.

Because minorities are much less likely to have the proper forms of ID required by these laws, and these laws always seem to get enacted by Republicans in areas with high levels of minority voters.

From that article:

Quote:

More specifically, restrictive proposals were more likely to be introduced in states with larger African-American and non-citizen populations and with higher minority turnout in the previous presidential election. These proposals were also more likely to be introduced in states where both minority and low-income turnout had increased in recent elections. A similar picture emerged for the actual passage of these proposals. States in which minority turnout had increased since the previous presidential election were more likely to pass restrictive legislation.

The turnout of blacks and the poor was not the only factor, of course. Restrictive laws passed more frequently as the proportion of Republicans in the legislature increased or when a Republican governor was elected. Most of the voter restrictions adopted in this period, 83 percent, were passed by Republican-controlled state legislatures. Restrictive laws were especially likely to pass when states both had larger Republican legislative majorities and had become increasingly competitive in the previous presidential election. Meanwhile, states that had become increasingly competitive but had larger Democratic majorities were less likely to pass restrictive laws.

Face
Administrator
Face
January 16th, 2014 at 7:48:29 AM permalink
It harms minorities why? Is this the whole "poll tax", "minorities are getting priced out" argument again?

A non driver ID is $10 for 5 years. If anyone argued that I was so helpless that I couldn't afford a half a cent per day for a much needed particular that any and every responsible adult should have, I'd be kind of offended.

Of course, I'm a gun toting kaboom nut who's already used to jumping through hoops and paying out the ass to excercise my Constitutional right, so maybe I'm jaded. But I think the "priced out" argument is weak enough so as not to even exist.
timberjim
timberjim
January 16th, 2014 at 7:48:48 AM permalink
I have repeatedly asked a simple question about your allegations of voter ID laws negatively impacting minority voters. You keep repeating the same non answer. I have to put you in the same box as rxwine and 2std.
Finished wasting my time on you.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 7:54:03 AM permalink

I have repeatedly asked a simple question about your allegations of voter ID laws negatively impacting minority voters. You keep repeating the same non answer. I have to put you in the same box as rxwine and 2std.
Finished wasting my time on you.

Nah, you're totally ignoring my answer because you don't have any evidence to refute it.

I'll spell it out:

Minorities: less likely to have proper ID required by new voter ID laws
Republicans: pass new laws in states with high proportions of voting minorities
Minorities more likely to be unable to vote due to pointless new laws
NEGATIVELY IMPACTED
RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2014 at 8:10:56 AM permalink

Nah, you're totally ignoring my answer because you don't have any evidence to refute it.

I'll spell it out:

Minorities: less likely to have proper ID required by new voter ID laws

...but they can easily obtain the required ID, just like any other citizen. For someone not to have a government ID, they must never cash a check or apply for anything requiring identification. Really just a piss poor argument to start with and I am willing to give anyone with the proper proof of eligibility for free, if that is the big issue!!

Republicans: pass new laws in states with high proportions of voting minorities

Republicans pass laws in states where they can because they are generally in favor of voter ID laws. It is hard to pass a law where you can't get the votes. Fairly simple concept; it has nothing purposeful to do with the proportion of voting minorities at all and you cannot prove that as a reason for implementing the laws.

Minorities more likely to be unable to vote due to pointless new laws

The laws aren't pointless. I shouldn't be allowed to just walk in and sign my name and vote; I need to prove that I am registered and that I am who I say I am. Minorities can and will do the same thing everyone else does who wants to vote--get an ID. No one is stopping them. Treating like being a minority is some kind of disability is just playing the same old liberal game... Treat them like what they are--citizens, just like me.

NEGATIVELY IMPACTED

Again, unproven in any real sense.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 8:26:13 AM permalink

...but they can easily obtain the required ID, just like any other citizen. For someone not to have a government ID, they must never cash a check or apply for anything requiring identification. Really just a piss poor argument to start with and I am willing to give anyone with the proper proof of eligibility for free, if that is the big issue!!

Are you sure about that? Just because you say it is easy, doesn't mean it is. When I moved from Ohio to Michigan, it was hard as hell to get a new ID. I needed my birth certificate, social security card, and several bank statements. What if they don't have all of those, as I would assume most minorities (and people in general) don't?

Republicans pass laws in states where they can because they are generally in favor of voter ID laws. It is hard to pass a law where you can't get the votes. Fairly simple concept; it has nothing purposeful to do with the proportion of voting minorities at all and you cannot prove that as a reason for implementing the laws.

I feel like this video trumps every single argument you guys have made.

The laws aren't pointless. I shouldn't be allowed to just walk in and sign my name and vote; I need to prove that I am registered and that I am who I say I am. Minorities can and will do the same thing everyone else does who wants to vote--get an ID. No one is stopping them. Treating like being a minority is some kind of disability is just playing the same old liberal game... Treat them like what they are--citizens, just like me.

We've had many many elections in this country without a voter fraud problem and without these voter ID laws.

Again, unproven in any real sense.

Agree to disagree, I guess.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 8:49:10 AM permalink

Are you sure about that? Just because you say it is easy, doesn't mean it is. When I moved from Ohio to Michigan, it was hard as hell to get a new ID. I needed my birth certificate, social security card, and several bank statements. What if they don't have all of those, as I would assume most minorities (and people in general) don't?

Yes, it is that easy. I have moved from PA to NY and NY to AZ and AZ to PA. In each case all it took was a 20-30 minute visit to the DMV. I gave my old ID and they gave me a new one. At most I needed one bank statement or utility bill to prove address. Are you telling me people do not have these items just because they are a minority? Why is a minority so much less likely to have them by your standards?

To not have a SS card and state issued ID means YOU HAVE NEVER WORKED! To get a job you must fill out form I-9, the easiest two forms of ID are a drivers license (list B) and Social Security Card (List C). You can also use a US Passport.

Lack of ID, "same day registration," and "early voting" are all just to add to possible voter fraud. All you have to do vote historically is register a month ahead of time, show up and prove who you are, and vote. Polls are open all day and if you are in a job where you are on the road you could vote absentee if you planned ahead. Voting is not supposed to be as easy as ordering a pizza to be delivered. There are supposed to be checks along the way to avoid fraud.

And I am sorry, but minorities are supposed to be held to the same standards as everyone else.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 9:10:45 AM permalink

To not have a SS card and state issued ID means YOU HAVE NEVER WORKED! To get a job you must fill out form I-9, the easiest two forms of ID are a drivers license (list B) and Social Security Card (List C). You can also use a US Passport.

Who cares? Working isn't a requirement to vote.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 9:13:19 AM permalink

Are you telling me people do not have these items just because they are a minority? Why is a minority so much less likely to have them by your standards?.

Well, we are talking theoretically here. If they don't have a valid ID, why is it a stretch to assume they wouldn't have a certified birth certificate and/or SS card as well?
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
January 16th, 2014 at 9:13:23 AM permalink
I happen to believe that only land owners should be allowed to vote. Seriously.
Each day is better than the next
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 9:24:53 AM permalink

Who cares? Working isn't a requirement to vote.

No, but your statement is they do not have any ID, so I am asking how they have managed to live without working as anyone who works has to have an ID.

Well, we are talking theoretically here. If they don't have a valid ID, why is it a stretch to assume they wouldn't have a certified birth certificate and/or SS card as well?

Well if they do not have that then then need to go and get one or both. If you ever filed taxes or were even claimed as a dependent since 1986 you have or at least had a Social Security Card. And you still do not explain how they manage to make it through life without any form of ID.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 9:29:45 AM permalink
Quote: treetopbuddy

I happen to believe that only land owners should be allowed to vote. Seriously.

I would like to see a requirement that before you can vote you have to pass the same test an immigrant passes to become a US Citizen.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 9:33:26 AM permalink

No, but your statement is they do not have any ID, so I am asking how they have managed to live without working as anyone who works has to have an ID.

Well if they do not have that then then need to go and get one or both. If you ever filed taxes or were even claimed as a dependent since 1986 you have or at least had a Social Security Card. And you still do not explain how they manage to make it through life without any form of ID.

You need a social security card to file taxes? I've never used mine to file my taxes. The number works just fine without the card.

And I'm there's plenty of poor and elderly people out there who don't work, don't have ID. Or have old/expired IDs. Or have misplaced their IDs throughout the years.

There's lots of reasons people might not have any ID yet still deserve to cast a vote.
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
January 16th, 2014 at 9:38:18 AM permalink

Gun permits are issued by the DPS(Department of Public Safety) the same agency that also issues drivers licenses.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 16th, 2014 at 9:57:01 AM permalink

And you still do not explain how they manage to make it through life without any form of ID.

The AARP (American Association of Retired Persons) site explains it thus:

Quote:

Nearly one in five citizens over 65 — about 8 million — lacks a current, government-issued photo ID. Most people prove their eligibility to vote with a driver's license, but people over 65 often give up their license

Some of these people become dependents to a certain extent, and may depend on family or others, but they still may vote, if they are able. Someone else may be doing the bulk of daily living care though.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 9:59:12 AM permalink

You need a social security card to file taxes? I've never used mine to file my taxes. The number works just fine without the card.

If you have the number you were given a card, so you have a card. If you lost it go get another one.

Quote:

And I'm there's plenty of poor and elderly people out there who don't work, don't have ID. Or have old/expired IDs. Or have misplaced their IDs throughout the years.

There are any number of other reasons they still need ID to get through life. Do they have a bank account? If they opened it since 2002 they needed ID to do so. Do they get Social Security? They need the bank account to get the checks. This can go on and on, but if the ID is expired, GET A NEW ONE!

Quote:

There's lots of reasons people might not have any ID yet still deserve to cast a vote.

No, there are really very few reasons people may not have ID. And you should have to prove who you are to vote. There is nothing in the Constitution saying there cannot be requirements to vote, having ID is a sensible requirement. Stops vote fraud.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 10:03:14 AM permalink

There is nothing in the Constitution saying there cannot be requirements to vote, having ID is a sensible requirement. Stops vote fraud.

This is the whole point. THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT VOTER FRAUD IN AMERICA. Isolated incidents, sure.

I'd LOVE to see some statistics on America's "voter fraud" problem. Not singular news stories like the one posted earlier. Statistics. Data.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 16th, 2014 at 10:10:44 AM permalink

This is the whole point. THERE IS NO SIGNIFICANT VOTER FRAUD IN AMERICA. Isolated incidents, sure.

I'd LOVE to see some statistics on America's "voter fraud" problem. Not singular news stories like the one posted earlier. Statistics. Data.

Why should they be required to do what they ask of you? They're never wrong and they are adamant about that.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
January 16th, 2014 at 10:55:02 AM permalink

So I've learned something today. Democrats/liberals/progressives are conspiring with each other to tell minorities who are some group other than Democrats/liberals/progressives that Republicans don't want them to vote and the minorities are so stupid that they believe the Democrats/liberals/progressives despite all evidence to the contrary.

I get it now!!
rob45
rob45
  • Threads: 2
January 16th, 2014 at 11:26:39 AM permalink

You do not wish to bring facts to the discussion, yet you expect otherwise from those in disagreement with you?

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 11:32:41 AM permalink

I already gave one example. If there is no fraud what are liberals afraid of in askin for ID as everyone has one or can easily get one.

In the 1980s people complained when the irs decided o require a ss number to claim a dependnt. People said there was no fraud. MILLIONS of fraudulend dependent a "disappeared." Maybe libs are afraid of something?
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 11:42:15 AM permalink

I already gave one example. If there is no fraud what are liberals afraid of in askin for ID as everyone has one or can easily get one.

In the 1980s people complained when the irs decided o require a ss number to claim a dependnt. People said there was no fraud. MILLIONS of fraudulend dependent a "disappeared." Maybe libs are afraid of something?

So no statistics to back up the claim.
ams288
ams288
January 16th, 2014 at 11:48:26 AM permalink
Quote: rob45

You do not wish to bring facts to the discussion, yet you expect otherwise from those in disagreement with you?

If you go back to what my post was actually in response to, it was RonC's odd claim that democrats "Democrats want the minorities to think Republicans don't want them to vote."

Now I'd LOVE to see some facts backing that up!

No one has (or will be able to) provide any data showing a voter fraud problem in this country.

Voter ID laws, as I said before, are intended to prevent as many minorities from voting to help Republicans win elections.

You want facts proving that?

Here's the video again:

RonC
RonC
January 16th, 2014 at 11:50:33 AM permalink

So I've learned something today. Democrats/liberals/progressives are conspiring with each other to tell minorities who are some group other than Democrats/liberals/progressives that Republicans don't want them to vote and the minorities are so stupid that they believe the Democrats/liberals/progressives despite all evidence to the contrary.

I get it now!!

You are not that dumb. You can act it, but I am sure that you are not.

You understand exactly what happens and you want it to continue to happen.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 16th, 2014 at 11:52:38 AM permalink

I get it now!!

I'm glad you get it, I don't see how anyone can follow that word soup you said there.
  • Jump to: