Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 8th, 2013 at 2:59:43 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" Priebus is the chairman of the Republican National Committee, and he's basically a figurehead. "

Oh, and does Ted Cruz just sell helium balloons in that party ?

Um...Ted Cruz and Reince Priebus are two different people. One is a figurehead whom the average American can't even name, while the other is a sitting US senator.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
November 8th, 2013 at 3:01:00 PM permalink
More like people saying, "What, I can't login?"

For low income earners, it *is* free. Aka, if you make less than $11,500 and live in Pittsburgh, you can sign up for the Silver Plan and get fully subsidized for the $1,600 annual premium.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 8th, 2013 at 3:10:12 PM permalink
This is a reality check for all the libs who think the public embraces (not rejects) Obamacare:

Quote: From CNN

The botched Obamacare rollout has dominated the headlines over the past couple of weeks. So how do Virginia and New Jersey voters feel about it?...In Virginia, 48% support the Affordable Care Act and 50% are opposed to it. The early exit poll numbers are almost identical in New Jersey, where 49% support the law and 50% oppose it.

So I guess a majority of people New Jersey and Virginia do REJECT it. ;)
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 8th, 2013 at 3:14:32 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Um...Ted Cruz and Reince Priebus are two different people. One is a figurehead whom the average American can't even name, while the other is a sitting US senator.

Veterans day on Monday.

Wonder if Ted Cruz will celebrate it ?

"Less than ardent fans of the U.S. military,"

That's how he described these 2 Vietnam Vets.

Hagel, a former Republican senator whom Obama nominated for secretary of defense, and Kerry, a Democratic senator and nominee for secretary of state, both served in the Vietnam War. Hagel received two Purple Hearts; Kerry received three and a Silver Star and a Bronze Star.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 8th, 2013 at 3:32:56 PM permalink

Veterans day on Monday.

Hagel, a former Republican senator whom Obama nominated for secretary of defense, and Kerry, a Democratic senator and nominee for secretary of state, both served in the Vietnam War. Hagel received two Purple Hearts; Kerry received three and a Silver Star and a Bronze Star.

What was the context of his statement? The two of them could well be highly decorated combat vets and not be ardent supporters of having the same type of military force Cruz favors. He didn't say derogatory things about their service, did he? Opposing their nominations is different than degrading their service.

Did you even watch before commenting? I did.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 8th, 2013 at 3:56:22 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

More like people saying, "What, I can't login?"

For low income earners, it *is* free. Aka, if you make less than $11,500 and live in Pittsburgh, you can sign up for the Silver Plan and get fully subsidized for the $1,600 annual premium.

So if you make less than minimum wage it is free?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 8th, 2013 at 4:14:04 PM permalink

Veterans day on Monday.

Please tell me you're not serious? lol...

And this is coming from the side who tarred & feathered McCain in '08. I swear, libs come up with some of the dumbest arguments around. :D
boymimbo
boymimbo
November 8th, 2013 at 4:57:55 PM permalink

This is a reality check for all the libs who think the public embraces (not rejects) Obamacare:

So I guess a majority of people New Jersey and Virginia do REJECT it. ;)

Within the margin of error, they also SUPPORT it.
boymimbo
boymimbo
November 8th, 2013 at 5:03:41 PM permalink
If you alone make less than minimum wage yes, or don't have a full-time job. If you are in a family of four and make less than $23,500 (about $12/hour) then it's also "free", for silver coverage, in that the premium is 4,748/year (silver) and you get the full subsidy.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 8th, 2013 at 5:19:58 PM permalink

To celebrate, will Kerry throw his medals over the wall again, or just accuse members of our military of war crimes again?
mds
mds
  • Threads: 50
November 8th, 2013 at 5:47:30 PM permalink
What if you are self employed and only show 23,500 or less a year?
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 8th, 2013 at 6:58:01 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

To celebrate, will Kerry throw his medals over the wall again, or just accuse members of our military of war crimes again?

LOL! I love the Swiftboat book, I have it and may
read it again. Kerry is such a tool..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 8th, 2013 at 8:21:13 PM permalink

Within the margin of error, they also SUPPORT it.

You've made a subtle shift in your argument. My point was that a majority of Americans reject it, and the polling data supports that position.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 8th, 2013 at 8:55:58 PM permalink

If you alone make less than minimum wage yes, or don't have a full-time job. If you are in a family of four and make less than $23,500 (about $12/hour) then it's also "free", for silver coverage, in that the premium is 4,748/year (silver) and you get the full subsidy.

How about the full story? Like deductibles and co-pays.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
November 9th, 2013 at 5:48:33 AM permalink
Is it possible for a veteran to look down on the military?

As Secretary of Defense, Hagel approved the death benefit hold back during the government shutdown. Disgusting. If I ever get the opportunity, he will taste the back of my hand.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 9th, 2013 at 6:02:29 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Is it possible for a veteran to look down on the military?

As Secretary of Defense, Hagel approved the death benefit hold back during the government shutdown. Disgusting. If I ever get the opportunity, he will taste the back of my hand.

Huh??? During the shutdown, It took a House vote to reinstate the death benefits.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
November 9th, 2013 at 6:14:18 AM permalink
The secretary runs the budget, the house vote overrode the secretary's decision.
terapined
terapined
November 9th, 2013 at 6:29:10 AM permalink
I'm really shocked you think people don't want families of fallen soldiers to get death benefits.
Cmon. Its absurd.
The shutdown had consequences nobody predicted.
Repubs and Dems were shocked that death benefits were not being paid due to the shutdown.
That's why this issue got bipartisan support in the House and was passed immediately.

I have a feeling that you believe The administration wears black hats and the repubs wear white hats. If that's so, so be it.
But the reality is Dems, Repubs, administration, Me , You, Hagel , everyone on this board did not want these death benefits cut.
Cmon, get real. Have some common sense. There is a difference in opinion between Dems and Repubs on how to run this country.
The bottom line is both sides want to do what they think is in the best interests of the country, Dems and Repubs. Its just a difference on how to do it.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
November 9th, 2013 at 6:37:47 AM permalink
I think the administration wanted the shutdown to be as painful as possible, get headlines and turn the screws on Republicans. The death benefit was an overreach the backfired, big time. Barriers around outdoor memorials, really?
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 9th, 2013 at 6:45:15 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm really shocked you think people don't want families of fallen soldiers to get death benefits.
Cmon. Its absurd.
The shutdown had consequences nobody predicted.
Repubs and Dems were shocked that death benefits were not being paid due to the shutdown.
That's why this issue got bipartisan support in the House and was passed immediately.

I have a feeling that you believe The administration wears black hats and the repubs wear white hats. If that's so, so be it.
But the reality is Dems, Repubs, administration, Me , You, Hagel , everyone on this board did not want these death benefits cut.
Cmon, get real. Have some common sense. There is a difference in opinion between Dems and Repubs on how to run this country.
The bottom line is both sides want to do what they think is in the best interests of the country, Dems and Repubs. Its just a difference on how to do it.

It's funny, my friend--the President and his folks can craft an Executive order for anything it seems but they couldn't figure out a way to pay the death benefit during the shutdown without an act of Congress. Congress had already given them pay and benefits authority; the beloved signing statement that Presidents add lately could have covered the payment.

Perhaps there was a question about the payments; do you really think the auditors would have been able to fire anyone had the payments been made in spite of the shutdown? There was a lot of money moving the whole time.

I do blame both parties, of course. They aren't really as interested, as a whole, in doing the best thing for the country as much as they are interested in keeping their position and power. SOME among both parties do want to do the best for the country but too many are blinded by power, lobbyists, and ego.

The shutdown happened because the Republicans wanted to try and force the President to negotiate. He could have thrown them a bone and ended it quickly (and, as it turns out, won political points for delaying Obamacare a bit while they fix some stuff). He has consistently refused to "negotiate" so it was worth a try. We're living by CR because the President can't craft a budget with the Congress. We're reaching the debt limit every few months because spending is out of control. Shouldn't all of us want those issues fixed?

Us, yes. Not the folks that see a budget with a 10% increase in a twenty billion dollar program, cut it a 5% increase, and call it a "savings" of a billion dollars. No, fool, it is an increase in spending of $1 billion dollars.
terapined
terapined
November 9th, 2013 at 8:28:03 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I do blame both parties, of course. They aren't really as interested, as a whole, in doing the best thing for the country as much as they are interested in keeping their position and power. SOME among both parties do want to do the best for the country but too many are blinded by power, lobbyists, and ego.

Excellent point. I totally agree with the above.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
November 9th, 2013 at 8:37:54 AM permalink

The shutdown had consequences nobody predicted. . . . Dems, Repubs, administration, Me , You, Hagel , everyone on this board did not want these death benefits cut.

The administration planned the changes with an eye to create the most hubbub and publicity, from the ridiculous patrols national parks, including abuse and misuse of the Mall and the open monuments in the capitol, to the death benefits to the withdrawal of border inspections.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
November 9th, 2013 at 8:44:45 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

The administration planned the changes with an eye to create the most hubbub and publicity, from the ridiculous patrols national parks, including abuse and misuse of the Mall and the open monuments in the capitol, to the death benefits to the withdrawal of border inspections.

It's amazing the amount of stuff that government does for us. Like keeping vandals and graffiti artists out of the national monuments and paying death benefits to the families of fallen heroes and border inspections. Why would anyone want to shut down the government, which does all of that stuff, just because they don't like that more people are getting access to affordable healthcare?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 9th, 2013 at 9:03:47 AM permalink
" What was the context of his statement? The two of them could well be highly decorated combat vets and not be ardent supporters of having the same type of military force Cruz favors. "

There is no more ardent supporter of Veterans than Hagel.

Ted Cruz is your typical Republican Chickenhawk. Always ready for someone else to lay their life on the line to protect this country, but not himself.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 9th, 2013 at 9:08:43 AM permalink
“I am offended, outraged and embarrassed that the government shutdown had prevented the Department of Defense from fulfilling this most sacred responsibility in a timely manner,” Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said in a statement.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
November 9th, 2013 at 11:25:11 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

It's amazing the amount of stuff that government does for us. Like keeping vandals and graffiti artists out of the national monuments and paying death benefits to the families of fallen heroes and border inspections. Why would anyone want to shut down the government, which does all of that stuff, just because they don't like that more people are getting access to affordable healthcare?

Who is getting more access to affordable health care?

Or do you mean health INSURANCE?

And even that costs more as the lowest cost plans have been legislated out of existence. It is as if you went to the grocery store to feed your family hamburger and Obama said, "Hey, that is a substandard meal, you must buy steak! If you don't buy steak you have to pay me a fine for not buying steak."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
November 9th, 2013 at 11:40:14 AM permalink

1. The Lincoln Memorial virtually never has guards. 2. Seventeen percent of the government was furloughed because the government had reached its debt ceiling. And all those federal workers are customarily paid for the time not worked.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 9th, 2013 at 2:06:50 PM permalink

It's amazing the amount of stuff that government does for us. Like keeping vandals and graffiti artists out of the national monuments and paying death benefits to the families of fallen heroes and border inspections.

That's about 0.0001% of what the government actually does! LOL
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
November 9th, 2013 at 2:18:00 PM permalink

That's about 0.0001% of what the government actually does! LOL

But seems to be 100% of what the whackobirds complain about.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 9th, 2013 at 2:29:22 PM permalink

But seems to be 100% of what the whackobirds complain about.

Like who?
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
November 15th, 2013 at 9:57:18 PM permalink
This is the kind of crap I'm talking about.

Played two games of Double Double Bonus with Quick Quads and with Wheel Poker Three-Play...

Game 1: 7,615 Credits (Needed 2,100)

Game 2: 805 Credits

That's ridiculous, it's just stupid!

The games are just silly. Two Pair only pays 1-for-1, there aren't any Wild Cards, but Two Pair only pays 1-for-1...
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
November 15th, 2013 at 10:00:49 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Played two games of Double Double Bonus with Quick Quads and with Wheel Poker Three-Play...

The games are just silly. Two Pair only pays 1-for-1, there aren't any Wild Cards, but Two Pair only pays 1-for-1...

I played one game of that and just decided to call it an early night. Too much variance for my blood.

I have been getting creamed on most of those gimmick poker games in the last 2 weeks or so. Lots of 0/8, 1/8 stuff like that. The only exception was Extra Action Poker. I won like 11/12 and the 1 loss was only short about 20 points. I did so well that I thought about trying the live version but I'm sure it wouldn't be as nice.
Mission146
Mission146
November 15th, 2013 at 10:11:17 PM permalink
Quote: Perdition

I played one game of that and just decided to call it an early night. Too much variance for my blood.

I have been getting creamed on most of those gimmick poker games in the last 2 weeks or so. Lots of 0/8, 1/8 stuff like that. The only exception was Extra Action Poker. I won like 11/12 and the 1 loss was only short about 20 points. I did so well that I thought about trying the live version but I'm sure it wouldn't be as nice.

Extra Action was the one where if you got an Ace, or Aces, it would have twelve bonus hands play out holding the Ace(s) regardless of what you actually held, right? That was my best game, too, but not 11/12, more like 6/13. I'm only up to 32 wins for the Winner's Challenge this month, and I'm probably about to give up for the month.

I only do the end of month tournament if it is a game that doesn't suck, if not, I switch to the Texas Hold 'Em room on there, which is pretty fun. I don't know how all of these people do all the necessary tournaments on the Texas Hold 'Em, though, with all due respect to them they must mostly not have jobs.

These gimmick poker games are stupid. I guess I'm only mildly irritated that 4OaK's are worth more than SF's, the main source of my irritation is that Two Pair only pays 1-For-1. Two Pair should always pay 2-For-1 unless there are Wild Cards.

Of course, the only games I actually like are JoB and DW, but the other ones are just entertaining enough for me to try to do the Winner's Challenge. I don't even care about the daily $50 or the Gold Membership for a month or $250 for the Winner's Challenge, I just want to try to win the Winner's Challenge. I'd play if there were a Winner's Challenge prize only, and if they doubled all other prizes but took away Winner's Challenge, I'd never go to the site.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 15th, 2013 at 10:45:36 PM permalink

Now I see where your argument in the other thread came from. Ironically this is the first time I opened this thread in about 40 days...lol But to be able to give huge payouts to quads...other payouts have to be reduced. I like the lower variance games more, but the more you play, the more boring those games seem to get because you need to hit the royal for a really great win...at least to me. I lost $30 playing DDB w/STP for 1-line nickels in about an hour at the casino last night because I failed to hit a quad while playing it...bleh.

And I could never do the winners challenge...I don't think I have played a contest this month. But I have about 8 royals on that damn site this year (none in the casino since Sept. 2012), and got dealt Aces w/a kicker once in a daily contest, but that wasn't enough to win anything either. Also I am arguing with a conspiracy theorist on their forum (I'm Vman96 here) because he insists that New Jersey can freely set Video Poker machine returns anywhere above 83%, even if the paytable is written as a 9/6 JoB game, because he can't properly interpret a poorly written law. He said he talked to the NJ gaming commission, and they confirmed this. I think he is a liar or whoever he talked to at the NJ gaming commission is a retard. This is the relevant law.

Quote: Vman96

Well if this is true, good to know that New Jersey doesn't follow the laws they write. Because the way the law is AS WRITTEN, video poker must be determined by the paytable. We have gone over this over and over.

Taken from pages 157 and 158 of this gigantic document.

New Jersey Gaming Equipment Regulations

§ 13:69E-1.28A Standards for the approval of a slot machine game

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this section, each slot machine game which requires a wager shall have a theoretical return to player (RTP) equal to or greater than 83 percent.

(b) Except as otherwise provided in this section, all winning combinations used in achieving the minimum theoretical RTP for each slot machine game shall be available on each play that requires a wager.

(c) Slot machines shall not offer a play with odds greater than 100 million to 1.

(d) The theoretical RTP of a slot machine game shall not decrease by more than one-hundredth of a percentage point with an increased wager unless the aggregate total of the decreases in theoretical RTP for plays offered by the slot machine game is no more than one-half of one percent.

(e) The following shall not be included as a payout when determining the theoretical RTP of a slot machine:

1. A payout of merchandise or thing of value;

2. A complimentary; or

3. A limited time payout.

(f) The projected contribution from a progressive award may count toward the theoretical RTP of a slot machine in order to achieve the minimum theoretical RTP as approved by the Division.

(g) A slot machine game that requires skilled strategy choices, such as video poker, shall:

1. Have its theoretical RTP calculated based upon the player exercising optimal strategy during game play;

2. Disclose optimal strategy to achieve the highest theoretical RTP; or

3. Provide mathematically sufficient information for the patron to derive optimal strategy in order to achieve the highest theoretical RTP.

The mathematically correct interpretation of above rule:
#3 is NOT satisfied UNLESS the game is dealt from a random poker deck with each card having the same probability.

If I ever went to Atlantic City (I have no good reason to), I could bother to visit them, but unless they let me record their response and post it somewhere where this forum could listen to it, it will be pointless because you wouldn't believe me anyway. Just like you probably don't believe that #3 forces the game to be played with a random poker deck with each card having the same probability to be legal.

If you can give an example of a video poker game that returns at least 1% less than what the paytable would dictate assuming random and equal probability for each card, and the following regulation:

3. Provide mathematically sufficient information for the patron to derive optimal strategy in order to achieve the highest theoretical RTP.

still remains true from just paytable data alone, and the "Wizard of Odds", Michael Shackleford, agrees with your findings, I'll paypal you $500. Hell, this just doesn't go for you. This challenge is for anyone who reads this. I'm willing to put money where my mouth is, are you, (name withheld to protect the misinformed)?

Also I had the biggest argument w/my g/f in months 4 hours ago. Been a great damn night. Anyone want to hire me to help me get out of this damn hellhole I'm in?
Mission146
Mission146
November 16th, 2013 at 1:27:05 AM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Now I see where your argument in the other thread came from. Ironically this is the first time I opened this thread in about 40 days...lol But to be able to give huge payouts to quads...other payouts have to be reduced. I like the lower variance games more, but the more you play, the more boring those games seem to get because you need to hit the royal for a really great win...at least to me. I lost $30 playing DDB w/STP for 1-line nickels in about an hour at the casino last night because I failed to hit a quad while playing it...bleh.

And I could never do the winners challenge...I don't think I have played a contest this month. But I have about 8 royals on that damn site this year (none in the casino since Sept. 2012), and got dealt Aces w/a kicker once in a daily contest, but that wasn't enough to win anything either. Also I am arguing with a conspiracy theorist on their forum (I'm Vman96 here) because he insists that New Jersey can freely set Video Poker machine returns anywhere above 83%, even if the paytable is written as a 9/6 JoB game, because he can't properly interpret a poorly written law. He said he talked to the NJ gaming commission, and they confirmed this. I think he is a liar or whoever he talked to at the NJ gaming commission is a retard. This is the relevant law.

I understand that other payouts need to be reduced in order for the Quads to get huge payouts, I just don't think the Quads should get huge payouts. Furthermore, if the Quads are to get huge payouts, I think the payouts for a Straight Flush should be increased to be at least equal.

It's definitely Quads, better, or bust on those type of games. My point is that, when you isolate 100 hands, (which is basically what happens with the daily contests) I would say that you can have a profitable 100 hands on JoB, reasonably, with no hand better than a Full House. That's not happening on these everything that is not a Quad sucks games...

I got dealt Quad Threes with an Ace Kicker, which is why my score was so good on the one session...

Quote:

Also I had the biggest argument w/my g/f in months 4 hours ago. Been a great damn night. Anyone want to hire me to help me get out of this damn hellhole I'm in?

I'd hire you in a heartbeat, but two problems:

1.) I don't pay enough to compel you to want to work here.

AND

2.) If I did, you'd probably end up taking MY job!
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 16th, 2013 at 3:11:56 PM permalink

I understand that other payouts need to be reduced in order for the Quads to get huge payouts, I just don't think the Quads should get huge payouts. Furthermore, if the Quads are to get huge payouts, I think the payouts for a Straight Flush should be increased to be at least equal.

It's definitely Quads, better, or bust on those type of games. My point is that, when you isolate 100 hands, (which is basically what happens with the daily contests) I would say that you can have a profitable 100 hands on JoB, reasonably, with no hand better than a Full House. That's not happening on these everything that is not a Quad sucks games...

I got dealt Quad Threes with an Ace Kicker, which is why my score was so good on the one session...

I'd hire you in a heartbeat, but two problems:

1.) I don't pay enough to compel you to want to work here.

AND

2.) If I did, you'd probably end up taking MY job!

Well, ideally, it makes sense to make the straight flush as valuable as quads for these games. But offering big payouts to straight flushes is problematic in the sense that 3 to a straight flush (or even 2 to a straight flush) become viable holds. And this ends up making the entire strategy more difficult to learn. Jacking up the payouts for quads is much more robust in terms of strategy stability. For example, generally you only break two pair or a full house is with Aces in DDB or DB (or Aces full at 6/5 Bonus).

And I do appreciate the offer...but I do believe #1 and doubt #2. I hate dealing with people...lol I'm in a better mood today at least...just one of those nights...meh
Mission146
Mission146
November 16th, 2013 at 3:27:19 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Well, ideally, it makes sense to make the straight flush as valuable as quads for these games. But offering big payouts to straight flushes is problematic in the sense that 3 to a straight flush (or even 2 to a straight flush) become viable holds. And this ends up making the entire strategy more difficult to learn. Jacking up the payouts for quads is much more robust in terms of strategy stability. For example, generally you only break two pair or a full house is with Aces in DDB or DB (or Aces full at 6/5 Bonus).

And I do appreciate the offer...but I do believe #1 and doubt #2. I hate dealing with people...lol I'm in a better mood today at least...just one of those nights...meh

That's true, I've played three sessions on something-or-other three-play and won two so far. Here's something, dealt Quad Deuces today, no kickers and didn't draw any, but that's just the way these crazy games work!

The strategy may be more difficult by matching SF value, but it just seems more true to poker.
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
November 16th, 2013 at 4:02:36 PM permalink
Pizza delivery is nearly an insta-job these days. Sometimes no application'. Just leave your vitals.

You'll have a little income within a week.
Buffering...
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
November 17th, 2013 at 10:42:56 AM permalink
Not a complaint' but there is a tornado on the ground near Chicago. They've stopped the bears game and everyone has been warned. Expect delay for another 45 minutes. About 130.
Buffering...
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 17th, 2013 at 2:23:09 PM permalink
My son-in-law 0 and 4 at Pizza delivery in Grand Junction, Colorado. 9-12k people registered at unemployment office as job seekers, many who have exhausted benefits already. Walmart hiring for Xmas and 40-50 applicant for each opening, even mids. Not the best of times,
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
November 17th, 2013 at 3:10:38 PM permalink
0 and 4 at pizza delivery? Sounds more like a brother in law.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 18th, 2013 at 10:27:45 PM permalink
‘Duck Dynasty’: Phil Robertson Suspended Indefinitely Following Anti-Gay Remarks

He didn't even say anything anti-gay. *facepalm*
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 19th, 2013 at 12:23:34 AM permalink

‘Duck Dynasty’: Phil Robertson Suspended Indefinitely Following Anti-Gay Remarks

Nope. He just gave his opinion, which of course
these days gets you fired. PC really sucks.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
December 19th, 2013 at 3:17:48 AM permalink
Diversity is a good thing. Unless it's diversity of opinion.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
December 19th, 2013 at 3:34:20 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

That's why, for the most part, I don't bother with PC. They keep changing the rules without without bothering to tell us. I am respectful to everyone unless they start something and I treat everyone the way I would like to be treated.

I know right from wrong and if someone tries to bait me shame on them.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
terapined
terapined
December 19th, 2013 at 3:59:09 AM permalink

Private company making a decision on some clown that shoots ducks.
I could care less what this clown said. Could care less if this clown is on TV or not.
Why is this news? Are you pitching a bitch about this clown? Does a private company making a decision bother you? This has nothing to do with the affordable care act.
*facepalm*

edit Sarah Palin weighed in. lol. Hey Sarah, Phil Robertson still has freedom of speech. Always had it, always will. Hey Sarah, don't like A&E decision, don't watch Duck Dynasty. Join the club, I certainly don't watch it and I'm a reality TV fan, fan of good reality TV.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
December 19th, 2013 at 5:50:43 AM permalink

don't like A&E decision, don't watch Duck Dynasty. Join the club, I certainly don't watch it.

I shall also boycott A&E's decision by never tuning in to Duck Dynasty as well. We'll show them that they can't fire a person for equating a whole class of people with horse f#ckrs. So there!

Do you remember when Sarah Palin rushed to the defense of Martin Bashir and demanded that he get his job back at MSNBC? Yeah, I don't remember that either.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
December 19th, 2013 at 6:56:52 AM permalink

It just clicked. The gay movement just became religion to me.

The zealotry exists on both sides. The whack job Jesus freak outside of a sporting event spouting from his soap box is no different than all these causes that scream "bigot" unless you completely accept the gay lifestyle. The crackpot atheists that cannot resist the urge to bash religion whenever given the chance are no different than the foul mouthed pigs who scream "faggot" and tote their signs.

The media spin is just disgusting. "Robertson's "gay bashing" remarks". GMAFB. Dude stated his beliefs as stated in The Bible. Who cares?! He said "drunkard". Is NASCAR gonna drop DD's sponsorship to protect their huge beer sponsors? What about DD's fans? You telling me there's not a drunk among them? Where's their outrage? Somewhere in Kentucky, there's some god fearin', NASCAR watchin', beer drinkin' DD fan... do you think he's saying "Hey man, Robertson just equated me with one of them gays..."

Oh man, I just stereotyped all of Kentucky. I guess they're gonna come for me next, right? Lol, no. There's no special cause for rednecks.

G.M.A.F.B.

/media rage
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
terapined
terapined
December 19th, 2013 at 7:18:03 AM permalink
Quote: Face

It just clicked. The gay movement just became religion to me.

The zealotry exists on both sides. The whack job Jesus freak outside of a sporting event spouting from his soap box is no different than all these causes that scream "bigot" unless you completely accept the gay lifestyle. The crackpot atheists that cannot resist the urge to bash religion whenever given the chance are no different than the foul mouthed pigs who scream "faggot" and tote their signs.

The media spin is just disgusting. "Robertson's "gay bashing" remarks". GMAFB. Dude stated his beliefs as stated in The Bible. Who cares?! He said "drunkard". Is NASCAR gonna drop DD's sponsorship to protect their huge beer sponsors? What about DD's fans? You telling me there's not a drunk among them? Where's their outrage? Somewhere in Kentucky, there's some god fearin', NASCAR watchin', beer drinkin' DD fan... do you think he's saying "Hey man, Robertson just equated me with one of them gays..."

Oh man, I just stereotyped all of Kentucky. I guess they're gonna come for me next, right? Lol, no. There's no special cause for rednecks.

G.M.A.F.B.

/media rage

Great post Face.
Conservatives think all the wackos are on the left
Libs think all the wackos are on the right.
The wackos are all over, Left , Right, on Duck Dynasty.
Why do people listen to this wacko Robertson? Could care less if he's on or off TV. There is no issue here. If he wants to be seen by his fans, he can make youtube videos. He still has freedom of speech. Always had, always will.
I agree Face
G.M.A.F.B

Lot if important issues facing this country, this aint one of them.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
December 19th, 2013 at 8:25:54 AM permalink

Does a private company making a decision bother you?

When did I ever advocate that the government step in to protect Robertson from A&E? *facepalm* That's your side's tactics, not mine.
  • Jump to: