FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:39:00 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Please point out to the mods where I have trolled
anywhere. If it's true, I'll gladly take the suspension.

You must have many examples, you seem so convinced.
Just post a few of them.

Bob, you were trolling about the election for almost a year. And I will call it that forever until you apologize. That is why no one respects you on this board.

If after the election you would have simply said "Wow, I guess I was wrong about being sure Romney would win and that the polls were wrong" you would have gained a lot of respect. Instead, you went into ridiculous hiding, and when you came back, didn't address your absence!

Then, when people asked you about it, you ignored them, when you never ignore anything.

A little humility goes a long way with people.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 3rd, 2013 at 11:13:37 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Bob, you were trolling about the election for almost a year. And I will call it that forever until you apologize. .

Point out trolling election posts. You want me to
apologize for Obama winning? I didn't vote for
him, you apologize.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 11:57:53 AM permalink

him, you apologize.

Can someone help me with this? I don't have the time. Of course Bob could just write "You're right, I was wrong about who would win the election" and it would all be over.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 3rd, 2013 at 12:29:53 PM permalink

him, you apologize.

A lot of the nation owes us an apology on this regard.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2013 at 12:35:21 PM permalink

Can someone help me with this? I don't have the time. Of course Bob could just write "You're right, I was wrong about who would win the election" and it would all be over.

I keep forgetting, you're a foreigner. Here in the US we get
to back who we want, we don't have to apologize for it ever.
It's called democracy. Look it up.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
October 3rd, 2013 at 12:35:30 PM permalink

Bob, you were trolling about the election for almost a year. And I will call it that forever until you apologize. That is why no one respects you on this board. .

Please don't speak for everyone. I may not always agree with Bob, but I do respect him and more importantly, his right to say what he thinks while following forum guidelines.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 3rd, 2013 at 12:38:07 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

A lot of the nation owes us an apology on this regard.

Ah, but Bob is like John Kerry. He actually voted for Obama before he voted against Obama. He's a flip-flopper!
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 3rd, 2013 at 12:45:19 PM permalink
Based on what I remember, Evenbob probably helped motivate some pro Obama voters who might have stayed home. Probably helped Obama win.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2013 at 12:51:31 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Based on what I remember, Evenbob probably helped motivate some pro Obama voters who might have stayed home. Probably helped Obama win.

Ever since last fall, this fin person has been saying I have
to apologize for backing the loser. Is he Cuban? There you
get shot for not backing Castro.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
October 3rd, 2013 at 1:54:17 PM permalink

Pretty lame reply. You were simply asked to prove what you repeatedly say. If you can't justify your accusations, then you owe EB an apology.

And simply saying it is so is not proof.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:01:47 PM permalink
Quote: timberjim

Pretty lame reply. You were simply asked to prove what you repeatedly say. If you can't justify your accusations, then you owe EB an apology.

And simply saying it is so is not proof.

Ugh, it's such a long thread. And there were multiple ones. And he has 12,000 posts. I'm so lazy, I can't decide what I should do.
timberjim
timberjim
  • Threads: 33
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:16:59 PM permalink

Ugh, it's such a long thread. And there were multiple ones. And he has 12,000 posts. I'm so lazy, I can't decide what I should do.

Just as I thought. Another person on the internet who cannot back up their accusations when they are called on it. As I said -LAME.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:22:46 PM permalink
11/1/2012 - Guess we'll find out Tuesday, huh.
The talk will talk and the bullshit will run
and hide under the bed..

Tuesday was 11/6/2012

He last posted on 11/5/2012, then his next post was 12/18/2012.

This is from the #1 poster on this forum. So I guess he can admit that he was the bullshit that ran and hid under the bed?

Most of his posts are saying that only the polls Evenbob trusts are right and all other polls are wrong. I don't see the use in copying all of them. The thread is still there to look at. I only looked through "Decision 2012"
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:24:44 PM permalink
Why are we still discussing what EvenBob wrote about the election? He thought it would go one way; it went the other. Should he apologize for being convinced of a potential result and turning out to be wrong? Why should he apologize for who other people voted for?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:25:04 PM permalink

Just find the part where he repeatedly told me I was acting like a liberal after I told him that I found that term insulting. That part was trolling, baiting, and personally insulting all rolled into one unless you actually believe bob's claim at the time that using the word "like" made it sufficiently indirect.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:27:01 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Just find the part where he repeatedly told me I was acting like a liberal after I told him that I found that term insulting. That part was trolling, baiting, and personally insulting all rolled into one unless you actually believe bob's claim at the time that using the word "like" made it sufficiently indirect.

Did you complain to management? Did they make a call on it then?

Fins is making the current complaint; let him convince the moderators to look into it if they deem necessary.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:35:01 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Did you complain to management? Did they make a call on it then?

Fins is making the current complaint; let him convince the moderators to look into it if they deem necessary.

I felt no need to be a child at the time, and I still don't. But, it happened and it helps support the point that Fins now wants to make.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:35:23 PM permalink

Yeah, I did see that.

It was a fun argument, you can say someone is acting like an idiot, but you can't say someone is an idiot.

The thing is, I don't mind Bob and I think he brings a lot to the table. The issue is, when you sit there for months saying that everything people were saying was wrong, and it turns out to be right, all you need to say after you come back from hiding was "Yeah, I was wrong, let's move on"

If I was convinced the Dolphins would win the Superbowl this year, and that's all we debated, and they ended up not winning the Super Bowl and I was crushed, I would come back and say "Yup, I was wrong"

It's glaring when the #1 poster leaves for 6 weeks, then returns and doesn't say a word about it. I find it hard to respect someone's opinion that does that. Perhaps I am the only one, and I shouldn't speak for others.

And it's not a Republican/Democrat thing at all. He has the right to support whoever he wants, but when he says "No one has ever given me a reason to vote for Obama", then we give him several reasons and the next day he posts "No one has ever given me a reason to vote for Obama" it's hard to then trust that same person.

I guess I'm the only one who feels that way, because I have a bunch of Bob supporters on my back. Obviously Bob is smart, he knows how to get right to the edge of insulting someone without doing it, so when they retaliate they get suspended and he sits there saying "Oh, I'm the innocent one". Whatever. It's just hard for me to listen to him say "When have I ever trolled?" Maybe trolling isn't the best word, I'm not a forum expert like y'all, but whatever he does, it sure can annoy the hell out of me.

But, I guess I should take the higher road and let it go. I've said what I've wanted to say, and now people know why I don't feel he has credibility on the subject of policing forum behavior.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:37:36 PM permalink
I'm wrong all the time - I thought text messaging and facebook were stupid and would never catch on. It would make a good DT thread - "What were you most wrong about" Some people just hate admitting when they are wrong....
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:38:08 PM permalink
Too bad the definition of a troll isn't somebody who disagrees
with you. That's what you obviously believe.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:44:51 PM permalink

Maybe I don't know what a troll is, but what is this?

Day 1 - I'm right you are wrong
Day 2 - I'm right you are wrong
Day 3 - I'm right you are wrong
(Continues)
Day 99 - I'm right you are wrong
Day 100 - I'm right you are wrong
(6 week pause with no writing after it is found that he is not right)
Day 142 - So, I like roulette
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:48:49 PM permalink

The only thing relevant I think we disagree about is how to handle it when you are wrong about something. Troll might be the wrong word - is ungentlemanly a word?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:53:29 PM permalink

is ungentlemanly a word?

Yes, and when you look it up there's a picture of a guy standing under a "Welcome to Michigan" sign and holding a giant jug of generic vodka.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
October 3rd, 2013 at 3:54:02 PM permalink
Don't worry, I predict history will repeat itself,
Hillary Clinton will be the next president of the United States.
Evenbob will come out and say no way, he'll support whatever clown the repubs put up and say all the polls are wrong and his clown will win
Once Hillary wins, evenbob will disappear for 6 months again.

I actually went toe to toe with him in an old thread about Hillary becoming the next Pres.
Of course he said no way Hillary will win.
I pointed out people with money at stake , bookies, have her as the favorite. Bookies are neither right or left, they just analyze the odds.
I even offered a bet. Money talks, BS walks.
The response from evenbob, silence. LOL. Silence from the guy that posts a gazillion times here. lol
Bob is NATO.
no action, talk only , with political bets of course
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:01:11 PM permalink
The no bets thing is fine. If he doesn't want to bet, whatever. My issue is, why debate an event, if after the event you won't even recognize it happened. What's the point then?
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:03:05 PM permalink
All he had to do was "Damn, I was wrong. My polls were wrong, I really wanted Romney to win. Oh well, our country is screwed" and it would have been over.
terapined
terapined
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:06:10 PM permalink
Some people have a hard time admitting they are wrong.
How about the Republican House members, think they will admit they are wrong in shutting down the Govt,
No , of course not, they turn to ridiculous talking points such as "Its all Harry Reids fault" lol
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:14:28 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

How about the Republican House members, think they will admit they are wrong in shutting down the Govt,
No , of course not, they turn to ridiculous talking points such as "Its all Harry Reids fault" lol

Last I heard Reid refuses to meet to negotiate and Obama went out of his way to shut down unmanned national parks. Meanwhile the GOP passed bills to fund these items.

What do you think this is with a statement like that? Pravda?
Pabo
Pabo
  • Threads: 1
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:19:12 PM permalink

Well, I stood with EvenBob on the election. Boy, was I wrong. I admitted it a day or so later, but it took a while to get over the shock and disappointment and to get the egg off my face.

As for what's going on in DC, it's both political parties fault, even the President Obama. They're all grandstanding and playing to their political base, trying to gain leverage for 2014 and 2016. They should all be fired, even Obama. Yet, when election time comes around, we are all only too happy to send the same scoundrels back to Washington in the same, mistaken belief that our Senator or Representative is good and everyone else is bad. And we keep getting the same results.

Not all is bad, though, if you understand that this sort of friciton is what the Founding Fathers were looking for. Read the Federalist Papers. The good thing is that when Congress is at war with itself, it is less likely to pass much legislation, which is a good thing. Although I worked for the Federal government, I am a believer in small, limited government. More power to the states and to the people, less power to the federal bureaucracy.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:19:40 PM permalink

Last I heard Reid refuses to meet to negotiate and Obama went out of his way to shut down unmanned national parks. Meanwhile the GOP passed bills to fund these items.

There is no such thing as an unmanned national park. And, yes, of course the GOP wants to re-fund things that make their shutdown look especially bad...:-)
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:20:37 PM permalink
There's always Ventura 2016.
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:20:38 PM permalink
" Discussion about the Suspension List" is this thread. Somehow it got crossed with a DT thread on the state o fpolitics in America.

How the hell did that happen ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:27:01 PM permalink

The only talking point is your first line.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:42:15 PM permalink

There is no such thing as an unmanned national park. And, yes, of course the GOP wants to re-fund things that make their shutdown look especially bad...:-)

Lincoln Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
National Mall
Mt Vernon
WWII Memorial

At least Harry Reid isn't trying to waste time helping one sick kid.

If only Obama would see Iran as much of an enemy as he does the GOP!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:47:37 PM permalink

Someone needs to tell him that Iran opposes gay marriage. That will surely make all the libs hate them!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:48:25 PM permalink

Lincoln Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
National Mall
Mt Vernon
WWII Memorial

There are rangers working at the WWII Memorial. I know that because a GOP House member was caught on camera trying to blame one for the Memorial's closure. Ironic, since as a member of Congress, the closure actually WAS his fault...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/gop-rep-confronts-park-service-ranger-at-wwii-memorial-you-ought-to-be-ashamed/

Edit: Mount Vernon is privately owned, and the Mall itself is just a huge strip of grass - it isn't closable. The Smithsonian and Washington Monument are closed, but the Mall itself just doesn't work that way. I guess you're right that that one is not staffed, but there's also no conceivable way to close it.
skrbornevrymin
skrbornevrymin
October 3rd, 2013 at 4:56:46 PM permalink

This is what happens when you get your news from Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity. Reid refused to negotiate about the Obamacare stuff because it has nothing to do with the budget bill that they need to pass.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:03:33 PM permalink
Quote: skrbornevrymin

This is what happens when you get your news from Rush Limbaugh and Shawn Hannity. Reid refused to negotiate about the Obamacare stuff because it has nothing to do with the budget bill that they need to pass.

Har Har Har. If Congress stopped talking about things that "have nothing to do with what is needed" things would grind to a halt. Obamacare is a mess and so unready that all kinds of parts of it are being delayed. It is certainly reasonable to demand to discuss it what with an administration that hands out waivers with little rhyme or reason other than how friendly the recipient is to the administration.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:09:25 PM permalink

This is a procedural tactic that is used in EVERY Congress. Pelosi/Reid did it Bush 43, Gingrich/Dole did it to Clinton, Foley/Mitchell did it to Bush 41...ad nauseam.

But this is what happens when you get your news from Chris Matthews and Rachel Maddow.

http://youtu.be/no9fpKVXxCc?t=15s
(Chris gets a "thrill going up my leg" when he hears Obama speak)
skrbornevrymin
skrbornevrymin
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:25:58 PM permalink

Har Har Har. If Congress stopped talking about things that "have nothing to do with what is needed" things would grind to a halt. Obamacare is a mess and so unready that all kinds of parts of it are being delayed. It is certainly reasonable to demand to discuss it what with an administration that hands out waivers with little rhyme or reason other than how friendly the recipient is to the administration.

The republicans have never wanted to negotiate anything related to Obamacare, they refused to participate when it was drawn up, they refuse to help fix the problems with it or to help to clarify the parts that are still uncertain as to how they will work. All they want is to stop it completely. They are never going to stop it at this point, and this stunt with the budget won't change that. Besides, this bill doesn't even have anything to do with it - funding or otherwise. It is just a useless stunt that will amount to nothing other than inconvenience for the rest of us.
DoubleOrNothing
DoubleOrNothing
  • Threads: 0
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:47:11 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

Were I to decide to get myself nuked for insulting somebody, I'd go big.

Not trying to put words in your mouth, Mr V, but are you saying what I'm thinking you're saying?
I can't believe what I believe.
DoubleOrNothing
DoubleOrNothing
  • Threads: 0
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:48:42 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

" Discussion about the Suspension List" is this thread. Somehow it got crossed with a DT thread on the state o fpolitics in America.

How the hell did that happen ?

Diversion Therapy conspiracy to lure the non-gambling ramblers like Bob off the main board.
I can't believe what I believe.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:49:58 PM permalink

The republicans have never wanted to negotiate anything related to Obamacare, they refused to participate when it was drawn up, they refuse to help fix the problems with it or to help to clarify the parts that are still uncertain as to how they will work. All they want is to stop it completely. They are never going to stop it at this point, and this stunt with the budget won't change that. Besides, this bill doesn't even have anything to do with it - funding or otherwise. It is just a useless stunt that will amount to nothing other than inconvenience for the rest of us.

Obama told the GOP to "go sit in back of the bus" when it was drawn up, so they have done just that. Then Obama doesn't understand why "the GOP won't work with him." It shows how incapable of a leader he has been.

They have offered to help "fix it" by both repeal and delaying it until it gets figured out. Obama refuses to negotiate back, choosing instead to throw his usual hissy-fit.

BTW: The House has done their job, passing a budget. The Senate needs to do the same, unlike the past 4+ years.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:52:06 PM permalink

Lincoln Memorial
Jefferson Memorial
National Mall
Mt Vernon
WWII Memorial

Who is Iran an enemy to?

Are you suggesting someone go kill a bunch of Iranians? Who do you want to do that?
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 5:58:03 PM permalink

...choosing instead to throw his usual hissy-fit.

HIS hissy fit? Obamacare is law. It was passed by both houses of Congress, signed by Obama, and upheld by the Supreme Court. GOP House members keep calling it a bill and talking about how it's unconstitutional. At this point, it is constitutional by definition. The official arbiters of constitutionality have issued a decision and decreed it to be allowable. And it hasn't been a Bill for almost 4 years now. Time for the House GOP to move on to things that haven't already been decided.
skrbornevrymin
skrbornevrymin
October 3rd, 2013 at 6:06:35 PM permalink

HIS hissy fit? Obamacare is law. It was passed by both houses of Congress, signed by Obama, and upheld by the Supreme Court. GOP House members keep calling it a bill and talking about how it's unconstitutional. At this point, it is constitutional by definition. The official arbiters of constitutionality have issued a decision and decreed it to be allowable. And it hasn't been a Bill for almost 4 years now. Time for the House GOP to move on to things that haven't already been decided.

+1
terapined
terapined
October 3rd, 2013 at 6:10:23 PM permalink
Hmm, Treetopbuddy suspended.
You would never know it reading last several pages of this thread.
I am going to admit that a few of my posts were somewhat related to possible suspension but I was the 1st to veer into politics and whoa, thread gets hijacked.
I apologize. Fins complained about bob and comments made just prior to last election. I stupidly chimed in turned a suspension thread into a political thread.
I will no longer post anything on this thread about politics. Believe me its tough, after seeing AZ and 9th chime in, to keep my mouth shut and not respond. I had some funny retorts but I'm gonna hold my tongue.

Lets get this thread back on track.
Gee, tree got suspended. I read the offending thread, Mission is right, trolling.

Now lets stop the politics here and either start a new thread or take this to DT
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2013 at 6:34:06 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Who is Iran an enemy to?

Are you suggesting someone go kill a bunch of Iranians? Who do you want to do that?

Iran is an enemy to the USA since 1979.

But who said anything about killing anyone, other than you.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
October 3rd, 2013 at 6:38:31 PM permalink

Iran is an enemy to the USA since 1979.

That's gotta end sometime. Some of our greatest allies were previously mortal enemies.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
October 3rd, 2013 at 7:32:12 PM permalink
Sometimes I love Bob, sometimes I despise him. I thought I had more to say, but nope :)
Hugs for Bob!
  • Jump to: