Thread Rating:

Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 6th, 2012 at 2:31:20 PM permalink
Apropos of the very negative comments here, this came to mind:

Quote:

Rajesh Koothrappali: He's depressed because he's pathetic and creepy, and can't get girls.
Barry Kripke: We're ALL pathetic and creepy, and can't get girls.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
October 6th, 2012 at 2:53:41 PM permalink
Of course. All criticism I've ever made of a woman has been a smokescreen for my resentment that she won't sleep with me, from you and HB to Angela Merkel. Same for Dorothy and WongBo.

And my stack represents my penis.

It's all so clear!

EDIT: I will say congratulations to HB, if she's won as she's hinting. (Or even if she hasn't, really. Hella achievement either way.)
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Triplell
Triplell
  • Threads: 9
October 6th, 2012 at 2:58:52 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Well we are both entitled to our opinions... but I must say that society has been skewed a lot the past 30 years, where women who would have once been considered very overweight are now called "curvy," "big-boned," etc. Personally, I am only attracted to slim women. I wouldn't consider 160 lbs slim at her height. So I guess that means "HotBlonde" and I won't be getting married.

That said, she completely missed the point of my post -- that it's childish to call oneself "hot" and "super hot" no matter what you look like -- but it just stands in especially stark relief when I know 22 year olds who weigh 110 pounds with a perfect face who wouldn't dream of calling themselves "hot" much less saying "OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!"

I understand where you are coming from, and you are entitled to your opinions, and I know some people like to put the conceited in their places....but with all that said, don't you think it's a bit rude to not congratulate the woman for losing 90 lbs?

Regardless or not if you believe it, for some people it is a lot more difficult to lose weight and keep it off. For instance, I myself can eat the crappiest of crap, I only run 1 mile every day and or course hit the gym 3 times of week and I'm 6'2, 190. I have family members who eat the healthiest of food, run 5-6 miles daily, and they put on crazy weight during the holidays.

I'm all about the healthy lifestyle. Don't criticize this woman for being healthy and not being able to be lucky enough to be 110 lbs....
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
October 6th, 2012 at 3:03:13 PM permalink
I am certainly not criticizing her for being healthy or losing weight. I think that's admirable. If her signature were "soon to be Super Healthy Blonde" I would be the first in line to applaud her.
sodawater
sodawater
October 6th, 2012 at 3:15:39 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
October 6th, 2012 at 3:23:21 PM permalink
...Jesus Christ no.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
October 6th, 2012 at 3:51:29 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Yeah, you're right... I'm SUCH a fatty right now.
WAAAAAAY overweight and nowhere NEAR being able to call myself "HOT" as you say.

P.S. sodawater, you may refer to me as SuperHotBlonde now.

P.P.S. The big reveal: October 17th, 2012 Las Vegas, NV

Damn girl, you are Smoking Hot to the Nth degree. And as you know by reading my posts I seldom compliment members.
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
October 6th, 2012 at 4:13:16 PM permalink
Congratulations, that's quite an accomplishment.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
October 6th, 2012 at 6:10:29 PM permalink

That is a very impressive change in 9 months. I am hopeful that there are some pics from the weigh in posted and a non-blurred before and after shot. Well done HB, that is quite an accomplishment!
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 6th, 2012 at 6:37:58 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Apropos of the very negative comments here, this came to mind:

Quote:

Rajesh Koothrappali: He's depressed because he's pathetic and creepy, and can't get girls.
Barry Kripke: We're ALL pathetic and creepy, and can't get girls.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I've gotta say that this has had me confused for several months. All I'll say is we're all dorks;-)
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
October 8th, 2012 at 11:44:41 AM permalink
I just booked my flight. See you soon Vegas!

We're down to the single digits now: Only 9 more days to go.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 11th, 2012 at 11:33:09 AM permalink
6 days left to go. Can you believe it?

I have to say that I feel so great because even though I have gotten an extreme amount of negativity from people on the forum here I have gotten nothing but an ENORMOUS amount of positive support and responses from people elsewhere. The GM and staff at my gym are just floored and talking constantly with me about my success. After posting pics on my Facebook, many of my family members reposted my before and after pics and I've gotten tons and tons of positive responses from all of their friends and followers. Hesitant to show one of the guys I'm dating my before pics (obviously I didn't want to scare him off) I finally decided to show him, and when he viewed them he started to cry, saying "I didn't realize when you've been talking recently about your weight loss that you've accomplished such a tremendous feat." I couldn't believe he was moved so much!

So many people keep telling me "You're such an inspiration, I want to post you online so you can help others". The funny thing is even though I've lost a lot of weight (and this may sound weird) I don't feel like I've done anything spectacular. I said this to one of the salespeople at my gym, who he himself has lost a lot of weight, and he said he agreed and knows what I'm saying. To him and to me we just ate right and went to the gym. Why is that supposed to be hard or so spectacular? It makes me realize that people just use that as an excuse not to lose weight or be healthy... that's why, when people always say "Oh wow, it must've been hard to lose all that weight", I can honestly say No it wasn't! And in the past when people (including those here in the forum) kept saying, "You know, it's going to get harder the closer you get to your goal weight," I kept saying (even back then when I was still obese), "Really? How do you know that? I totally don't think it will get harder," and I was right. If you think it's going to be hard, it's going to be hard. Because your mind will find ways to prove that you're right. If you think it's going to be easy, it will be easy. I never struggled with hunger, I never despised going to the gym. I only ate foods that I really enjoyed, I only did exercises that I liked, and I knew that, when I took my daily vitamins and ate six times a day I was giving my body enough of what it needed and because I knew that I never had an issue with hunger. If you remember when I posted in this thread, I said to my friend after I only lost 40 pounds at the time: FUN. EASY. YUMMY. And that's the trick (and the title of my updoming book, lol). I made this process fun, easy, and only ate yummy foods. People keep asking, "How did you do it?" and I say, "Diet and exercise. But your mindset is most important." And that's true of everything. That's why we can accomplish anything we want on this planet.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 11th, 2012 at 11:51:53 AM permalink
fun easy and yummy....sounds great. Most goals can be attained in manageable steps. Its people who set unrealistic goals or attempt unpleasant measures who get discouraged.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 11th, 2012 at 1:41:29 PM permalink
Is anybody but the Wiz going to the weigh in?
Soopoo, Switch and FrG won't be there. Who
else is there from the forum?
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
October 11th, 2012 at 1:47:35 PM permalink
I was gonna send my personal assistant , but Roger is traveling on Shufflemaster business that week !
Nareed
Nareed
October 11th, 2012 at 2:21:52 PM permalink

So many people keep telling me "You're such an inspiration, I want to post you online so you can help others". The funny thing is even though I've lost a lot of weight (and this may sound weird) I don't feel like I've done anything spectacular. I said this to one of the salespeople at my gym, who he himself has lost a lot of weight, and he said he agreed and knows what I'm saying. To him and to me we just ate right and went to the gym. Why is that supposed to be hard or so spectacular?

Oh, trust me: it is.

For one thing you've been going to the gym. For another you've been eating right. Day after day, week after week, month after month. it's hard to keep it up. Perhaps it wasn't too hard for you, but it is for most of us. I seize on any excuse not to work out, for example. And while all my regular meals are sensible, there's the snacking problem I've been battling my whole life. Overcoming that is the trick. The rest does follow easily, but getting to that point is not easy.

It's like taking an amazing picture from the top of Mt. everest. Shooting it might be easy, but getting to the top in order to do so was not.

Quote:

And in the past when people (including those here in the forum) kept saying, "You know, it's going to get harder the closer you get to your goal weight," I kept saying (even back then when I was still obese), "Really? How do you know that? I totally don't think it will get harder," and I was right. If you think it's going to be hard, it's going to be hard.

Oh, that's a simple matter with the laws of conservation. Or as Beakman said in Beakman's World: "Everything goes somewhere."

Let's start with a body mass of X which requires Y calories to be maintained. In order to lose weight, you need to consume less calories, say 0.9 Y. Well and good. When you have an excess body mass, any reduction in calories leads to some weight loss. So you diet and exercise and at once you lose some weight.

But suppose your target is, say, 0.75 X, and for that you need 0.85 Y calories. Then eventually you'll hit a wall. You'll keep on dieting and working out, but you won't lose any more weight. You need to either further reduce your caloric intake, or work out more. Most weight loss plans work like that. If undertaken under a doctor or a nutritionist, there have to be adjustments along the way. If not, then when you notice no further weight loss, you need to make adjustments.

Anwyay, that's why many people, myself included, will say that losing the first, say, 40 lbs was easy, btu the last 10 lbs was incredibly hard.

Quote:

If you remember when I posted in this thread, I said to my friend after I only lost 40 pounds at the time: FUN. EASY. YUMMY. And that's the trick

I can understand the Yummy aprt. i cook to suit my tastes. Therefore, when a recipe works, everything tastes delicious to me :) But in order to make exercise fun, I'd need to re-wire my brain.

Quote:

(and the title of my updoming book, lol).

Let me know if you need a ghostwriter (I know a few ghosts <w>)
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
October 11th, 2012 at 2:26:30 PM permalink
Colorado just kicked in with 20.7 % obese population. Now no state is below 20%.

The future is not bright.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 11th, 2012 at 2:32:04 PM permalink

So many people keep telling me "You're such an inspiration

The inspiration is the extremely short list of people
who keet the weight off. 95%+ of people who
lose a lot of weigh gain it all back. Likes been
said a million times here.

Why keep harping on it? Because thats the fact
of life. People can change their lifestyle for a
few months. Changing it for decades in not the
norm, its by far the exception.

So I'll be impressed when you come back in two
years and are still where you are. The trip you're
on isn't over, it hasn't even begun yet. You just did
the easy part. Ask Richard Simmons, the hard
part is yet to come.
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
October 11th, 2012 at 2:41:17 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Is anybody but the Wiz going to the weigh in?
Soopoo, Switch and FrG won't be there. Who
else is there from the forum?

I'm in Vegas next week 15th-18th. No chance of me attending the weigh-in.
Better things to do, better people to spend time with. It would be cool to
meet the Wizard though. Maybe another day.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
October 11th, 2012 at 3:26:45 PM permalink
I assume this is a busman's holiday and you are indeed retired from bookmaking ?

Not everybody looks good in orange.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 11th, 2012 at 5:44:31 PM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

All criticism I've ever made of a woman has been a smokescreen for my resentment that she won't sleep with me

Dude, that's your problem.

When you get with a woman you gotta have sex, THEN sleep with her.
"What, me worry?"
DigitalTim
DigitalTim
  • Threads: 0
October 11th, 2012 at 5:52:19 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

The inspiration is the extremely short list of people
who keet the weight off. 95%+ of people who
lose a lot of weigh gain it all back. Likes been
said a million times here.

Why keep harping on it? Because thats the fact
of life. People can change their lifestyle for a
few months. Changing it for decades in not the
norm, its by far the exception.

So I'll be impressed when you come back in two
years and are still where you are. The trip you're
on isn't over, it hasn't even begun yet. You just did
the easy part. Ask Richard Simmons, the hard
part is yet to come.

You're drunk.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
October 11th, 2012 at 5:55:21 PM permalink
EBob is just keenly fond of Richard Simmons,
He knows what he is talking about on this subject.
Congratulations are deserved but the challenge isn't over.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 11th, 2012 at 5:55:42 PM permalink

Oh, trust me: it is.

Is it, REALLY? I mean really think about it: "Losing weight is hard." Is that true? I just said that it wasn't hard, so was I lying? The fact is that I had been on a weight loss program many, many, MANY times in the past, dozens of times in fact, and pretty much every single time I fell off my weight loss program in the past I had thought that it was hard. So why the change this time? Why the success this time when all my other weight loss attempts had failed? What was the difference? This time I went into it THINKING and truly BELIEVING that it was going to be easy. Are you following what I'm saying? The problem wasn't that it WAS hard in the past but that I THOUGHT it was hard. This is why I love Byron Katie because all she teaches in the most simplest ways is that everything else comes down to the THOUGHTS WE BELIEVE. So I just proved that "Losing weight isn't hard" by my current success due to the change in my BELIEFS. Isn't this wonderful? If we sit down with pen and paper and evaluate the thoughts that we've let hold us back from ANYTHING and EVERYTHING we've ever wanted to accomplish we will find that it's the THOUGHTS that we've been believing all along that have caused us to not realize our goals and dreams, there was never anything wrong with the goals and dreams themselves. Goals and dreams just are. Food is just food. It's neither good nor bad. It just sits there being it's self, and when I eat it it does it's job. I can eat a lot or I can eat a little. But that's up to me. And it's my MIND, and the beliefs that make up my mind, that dictates what I do. There is no "out there", everything exists within. If you really truly discover this, you have just untapped the world of unlimited possibilities that you'll at once realize has always been there all along, your negative thoughts just clouded up your vision of it and made you not see this clearly. But what wonderful freedom this is to be able to see the truth!
What a gift! Life is so gracious!
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
October 11th, 2012 at 5:56:55 PM permalink
Were you paid to lose weight in the past like you were this time?
100% risk of ruin
WongBo
WongBo
October 11th, 2012 at 5:57:55 PM permalink
My guess is that the love of money trumps how hard it was to lose weight in the past.
Many people have health issues and disabilities which hamper their efforts.
I love these people who overcome their own problems after years of trying,
And then have zero empathy for others still struggling.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 11th, 2012 at 6:02:05 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

EBob is just keenly fond of Richard Simmons,

Who wouldn't be. What a snappy dresser.
sodawater
sodawater
October 11th, 2012 at 6:02:43 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
October 11th, 2012 at 6:10:22 PM permalink
Is that rain outside or the sound of secret admins furiously flagging the same post at once?
100% risk of ruin
WongBo
WongBo
October 11th, 2012 at 6:15:58 PM permalink
He could be talking about me, and I don't mind,..
I do look good, but I am a bit of a prick sometimes...
:-/
MrV
MrV
October 11th, 2012 at 7:41:19 PM permalink
I'm sorry, but I for one refuse to go "atta girl" over HotBlonde's (alleged) weight loss.

Weight loss is no big deal; it requires only will power.

It would have been truer to my core beliefs to say to her before the contest began: " Good grief, girl, how could you have allowed yourself to go to pot like that?"

Some folks extend their hand for a hand shake, others prefer to administer a well-deserved slap.
"What, me worry?"
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
October 11th, 2012 at 9:14:32 PM permalink
Same here. I also have to roll my eyes at people patting themselves on the back for quitting smoking.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 11th, 2012 at 9:27:09 PM permalink
Life style modifications can be difficult for some.

If you live near a gym and can afford the charges it helps to lose weight. If you organize your life to avoid restaurant meals that are calorie laden and either go to favored restaurants or self made salads, it only takes a bit of organization to obtain the plastic containers and salad ingredients. If you have a computer you can workout spread sheets and charts that provide an incentive-laden feedback. Its simply that most people find that modifying their behavior by taking the stairs is okay for a few weeks but after a while they resume their habits of taking an elevator. Goals fade into the background and suddenly you are driving to the gym instead of cycling there. At one time the most popular gym in Los Angeles didn't even have a staircase to the weight room, all members had to use the elevator. Obviously it was the type of gym where eyeshadow and perfume is abundant. Real gyms are better.

Some people quit smoking for health reasons and some simply tally up the costs and quit outright with no problems. Others have difficulties sitting at a bar and not smoking. And some people are really in difficult situations... such as the young pathologist who every time he looked at a smoker's lungs got so nervous, he had to step out for a smoke to calm his nerves! We've all heard of people in oxygen tents for emphysema who risk their lives by trying to smoke cigarettes. Or nursing home patients who will ring fire alarms to sneak out and bum cigarettes from the gathering crowds.

Alcohol addiction seems even more difficult... but some people do plot out a route to work that won't take them past a bar.

Its difficult when goals are seen as "distant" rather than a series of easily reachable milestones.
MrV
MrV
October 11th, 2012 at 10:41:58 PM permalink
I quit smoking and drinking using will power alone.

If I can do it, so can any other person on the face of the earth.

Everything else is just an excuse.
"What, me worry?"
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 12th, 2012 at 2:35:49 AM permalink
What makes it hard is that it now looks so easy.

I'm not a fan of your overall attitude towards people but I do congratulate you on your weight loss. As a person who lives with a "Hot Brunette" that has gone from 130-170-130 more than once I can say honestly that I've seen both how "easy" it looks and how "hard" it really is because of "easy"...

Her lifestyle changes totally when she loses weight. The weight loss program is a big change at first but then it really does become easy--eat less, eat better, exercise more. It sticks for a while and then the it becomes "easy" to eat just a bit more or to slip a few extra days from the exercise. Then it becomes "hard" to stop...and now we're headed in the other direction again.

Enjoy the change in your life. Just don't ever think it was all that "easy"; good things come of hard work, and you obviously worked hard on this. It wasn't "easy" at all and lulling yourself into believing it was easy and will be easy to maintain is not a good idea.

You can't ruin what you've done by eating one large victory meal. The problem is when that victory meal turns into two or three or ten...don't underestimate what you've done and don't let it slip away because it'll be easy to do again later on. It gets harder every time.
WongBo
WongBo
October 12th, 2012 at 6:44:55 AM permalink
Hedonistic gluttony that leads to people maxing out their weight is easy to suppress in the short term.
When depression, inactivity, injury, disability or just simple aging are factored in, the real challenge becomes obvious.
I am guessing in this case that the person is in the 35-44 age range, ask anyone over 45 about how "easy" it is to lose weight.
I do hope that this success sticks and there is no bounce back.
Best of luck.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 12th, 2012 at 8:52:27 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

If I can do it, so can any other person on the face of the earth.

Everything else is just an excuse.

I agree with you 100%! :)
Nareed
Nareed
October 12th, 2012 at 9:04:56 AM permalink

Is it, REALLY? I mean really think about it: "Losing weight is hard." Is that true? I just said that it wasn't hard, so was I lying?

And I just said it was :)

Obviously we disagree.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 12th, 2012 at 9:15:59 AM permalink

And I just said it was :)

Obviously we disagree.

Lol :)
ncfatcat
ncfatcat
  • Threads: 2
October 12th, 2012 at 9:28:33 AM permalink
OK What's the odds she keeps it off for a year?? Is this a new Hot Blonde Challenge??
Gambling is a metaphor for life. Hang around long enough and it's all gone.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 12th, 2012 at 9:32:54 AM permalink
To be honest with you I don't think it's anyone's business what I do with my body after my weigh in. The challenge was to lose the weight and as of this coming Wednesday there will be proof of it and the bets will be paid. It's no one's business at all if I gain or lose weight after that, and no one's business what I do with my body.
WongBo
WongBo
October 12th, 2012 at 9:38:10 AM permalink
Quote: ncfatcat

OK What's the odds she keeps it off for a year?? Is this a new Hot Blonde Challenge??

Oh dear god, please don't...
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 12th, 2012 at 10:53:14 AM permalink
Triple or nothing Oct. 17, 2013. At least it will be in the new forum.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
WongBo
WongBo
October 12th, 2012 at 11:36:52 AM permalink
It's been fairly proven that if you offer financial reward to the subject,
she will rise to the occasion, even in the face of debilitating pain and discomfort.
If you make a bet without financial reward for the subject,
I doubt she would like to participate in any way.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
October 12th, 2012 at 12:16:06 PM permalink
Any winnings could always be donated to Byron Katie. Check out some of the glowing reviews on her.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
tsmith
tsmith
October 12th, 2012 at 12:20:13 PM permalink
After everything that has gone on with this bet I doubt that anyone would be willing to put up a nickel that HB blows her nose in the next 12 months.
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
October 12th, 2012 at 12:22:51 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Triple or nothing Oct. 17, 2013. At least it will be in the new forum.

Nope, gambling related!
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
October 12th, 2012 at 12:28:16 PM permalink

To be honest with you I don't think it's anyone's business what I do with my body after my weigh in. The challenge was to lose the weight and as of this coming Wednesday there will be proof of it and the bets will be paid. It's no one's business at all if I gain or lose weight after that, and no one's business what I do with my body.

I think the question is not "Will weight be gained?" but rather, "How much, or How quickly will pounds be packed back on?"

IMHO there are people posting on this thread who cannot wait to eat an entire cake on Oct 19th.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 13th, 2012 at 7:34:03 PM permalink
We know HB's entire family will be there on
Wed for the weigh in. Is anybody from the
forum going? Will the Wiz even be there or
is he mailing it in too, like Soopoo and Switch
and FrG. We've had no udates since the one
where Soopoo was threatened with the Mod
Squad if he was seen within a mile of the meeting
place. He's such a wascally character..
Scotty71
Scotty71
October 13th, 2012 at 7:45:32 PM permalink

It's been fairly proven that if you offer financial reward to the subject,
she will rise to the occasion, even in the face of debilitating pain and discomfort.

I disagree. I think HB is trying to increase her sexual market value in hopes of locking down a man (tick, tick, tick). The money was a bonus and her downside risk was minimal. The long term upside of meeting a gentleman with a higher "value" is much more lucrative in the long run than a measly 9g's
when man determined to destroy himself he picked the was of shall and finding only why smashed it into because." — E.E. Cummings
  • Jump to: