Thread Rating:

YoDiceRoll11
YoDiceRoll11
  • Threads: 7
February 20th, 2012 at 6:31:46 PM permalink
Quote: victorimmature

I'm sure you'll succeed.
It'd be a shame to waste all the effort you are currently putting in.

Just remember. Even if you quit today, you would not have failed because you had the courage to start anyway.

You only fail, when you stop trying. Keep it up.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
February 21st, 2012 at 9:21:13 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

And just to get it straight, you and SOOPOO are betting against each other whether or not I'll get to or below 160.8? You're betting that I will and he's betting that I won't?

It's the opposite. The Wiz still wants to bet that you will fail, but is only offerring even money. I also think that you will fail, but I am not nearly as confident as I was when we started. I would bet on you, if given better odds.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 21st, 2012 at 9:26:03 AM permalink
Which will be the larger number, the number of pounds Hot Blonde will be above 133 pounds at weigh in, or the runners minus 50 who finish ahead of the WIZ in the Tower Race ???
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
February 21st, 2012 at 9:31:09 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

It's the opposite. The Wiz still wants to bet that you will fail, but is only offerring even money. I also think that you will fail, but I am not nearly as confident as I was when we started. I would bet on you, if given better odds.

So I lose 30% of the weight I need to lose in this 40 week challenge in only 6 weeks and you still think I'm going to fail?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 21st, 2012 at 9:33:07 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

So I lose 30% of the weight I need to lose in this 40 week challenge in only 6 weeks and you still think I'm going to fail?

SHHHH. I am trying to get a few suckers lined up.
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
February 21st, 2012 at 9:37:39 AM permalink
Am I the only one who wonders at the obvious narcissism of this thread? Let's all talk about me for 40 weeks ...

--Ms. D.
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
February 21st, 2012 at 9:40:24 AM permalink
Now Dorothy, I for one would like to read about you for 40 weeks. And, no, I am not in Kansas anymore.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1388
February 21st, 2012 at 9:48:33 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I would bet on you, if given better odds.

I think the protocol calls for you to make a counter-offer, unless my offer was so bad as to offend you.

Quote: DorothyGale

Am I the only one who wonders at the obvious narcissism of this thread? Let's all talk about me for 40 weeks ...

That isn't how I look at it. Challenges, for some reason, have always been bandied about on this site. I think HB is to be applauded for the honesty in her journey and the pictures she has posted. Clearly a lot of other members find the topic of interest. Those who don't are not required to participate.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 21st, 2012 at 9:50:01 AM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

--Ms. D.

My guess is you have never had a weight issue. What HB is trying to accomplish is nothing short of remarkable. If she is narcissistic, then so be it. If you were interesting, DG, I would talk about you for 40 weeks.

And HB, I still do not think you will succeed, but as I posted earlier, I am far less confident now than I was when we started. Keep up the good work.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
February 21st, 2012 at 9:56:50 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I think the protocol calls for you to make a counter-offer, unless my offer was so bad as to offend you.

Any counter offer I make would require me to break your rule... "no hedging"... and of course I wasn't offended.....
Perhaps I am misinterpretting HB's comments, but I think she is so confident in he ability to succeed at the 160.8 pound level that SHE would book more of your action at even money.

• Jump to: