• Threads: 64
September 28th, 2012 at 1:03:03 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
September 28th, 2012 at 1:03:06 PM permalink
HOT BLONDE SOOPOO has been suspended. No reason given yet !
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
September 28th, 2012 at 1:05:59 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

If SOOPOO had nothing to do with her inspirational weight loss, will HB insist on NOT receiving any monetary rewards
from SOOPOO ?

Surely his financial input to the total package can not be ignored, even as a very minor part !

I called off my bet because I was feeling bad vibes about how a friendly wager was turning into
something else.

Bad vibes suck!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 28th, 2012 at 1:08:15 PM permalink
Hey, have saved some jail time due to bad vibes. Not saying I believe in Karma or that stuff, but sometimes

discretion is the better part of valor.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
September 28th, 2012 at 1:22:19 PM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

HOT BLONDE SOOPOO has been suspended. No reason given yet !

I believe it's due to this comment of his:

Terrible

Tisk..tisk...tisk...
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
September 28th, 2012 at 2:15:46 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Who'd like to bet me that SOOPOO attempts to take credit for my substantial weight loss? Even in the slightest bit? Anyone?
Do I have any takers?

I think it's sad that you would think like that.

You said that the cash reward was a big motivation for you.

SOOPOO promoted your venture and actively encouraged members to support you including his own financial commitment if you succeeded.

Therefore, SOOPOO helped to provide part of your 'big motivation'. 'Slightest Bit' is an understatement in my opinion unless the cash 'reward' was really no incentive at all.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
September 28th, 2012 at 2:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

I think it's sad that you would think like that.

You said that the cash reward was a big motivation for you.

SOOPOO promoted your venture and actively encouraged members to support you including his own financial commitment if you succeeded.

Therefore, SOOPOO helped to provide part of your 'big motivation'. 'Slightest Bit' is an understatement in my opinion unless the cash 'reward' was really no incentive at all.

I'm saying that I'm feeling that he is going to act like he is responsible for my weight loss and puff up his chest and try to take credit for it. If you remember, in January I told him that I was going on a weight loss program and that I was going to lose 90 pounds by his Las Vegas visit on October 17th. I already knew I was going to lose this weight back in January. And he didn't believe me, hence the bet. I'm saying that when he sees that I've lost the weight that I told him I was going to lose before there was any bet started, he's going to go around telling everyone how I lost the weight because of him, and that's simply not true. I would've lost the weight regardless as it was my New Year's resolution. So neither SOOPOO nor anyone else can take the credit for my weight loss. I'm the one who did all the work. And was the money everyone's betting against me motivation? Of course! It made it more exciting to look forward to a big reward. But I haven't been losing the weight for the money, that's what everyone doesn't get. I had already committed to losing the weight a lot of people didn't think I could. So not only do I get to prove everyone wrong but I get a cash reward at the end. It's something I've looked forward to throughout this whole process.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
sodawater
sodawater
September 28th, 2012 at 2:44:26 PM permalink

So not only do I get to prove everyone wrong but I get a cash reward at the end. It's something I've looked forward to throughout this whole process.

If you had any ethics whatsoever you'd donate at least SOOPOO's portion of the "cash reward" to charity.
sodawater
sodawater
September 28th, 2012 at 2:44:36 PM permalink
deleted
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
September 28th, 2012 at 2:46:29 PM permalink

Listen, sewerwater, it's wonderful that you've decided to jump in this thread at the very end and share your unwanted comments, but maybe you should read through the entire thread before you open up your big mouth and stop spreading lies like the one you just made above. That comment is not true in the least, but you would know that if you actually read the thread. Think before you speak otherwise you end up making yourself look like an ass.

Sewerwater, huh? This doesn't rate a suspension? Somebody asked if favoritism was shown on this forum, guess we'll see.

But HB, the way you have conducted yourself throughout this whole thing it is no wonder you seem to run friends off as fast as you make them. I'm gonna say it, you behave like a bitch. I don't know if it's the weight loss or what, but you have turned into a very unlikable person.

I guess if I got 5 days for saying somebody else acted like a dick then I'll probably get myself 10 here at least. I don't care, she's the only bully I've seen here. I don't tolerate bullies. And yeah, I've read the whole thread.
Stupid is a choice
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
September 28th, 2012 at 3:04:24 PM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

Sewerwater, huh? This doesn't rate a suspension? Somebody asked if favoritism was shown on this forum, guess we'll see.

But HB, the way you have conducted yourself throughout this whole thing it is no wonder you seem to run friends off as fast as you make them. I'm gonna say it, you behave like a bitch. I don't know if it's the weight loss or what, but you have turned into a very unlikable person.

I guess if I got 5 days for saying somebody else acted like a dick then I'll probably get myself 10 here at least. I don't care, she's the only bully I've seen here. I don't tolerate bullies. And yeah, I've read the whole thread.

I would absolutely agree with that; "sewerwater" is a personal insult. The other part, everything is self-evident and needs no elaboration. Everyone can decide for themselves, I think, whom has behaved however.
A falling knife has no handle.
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
September 28th, 2012 at 3:13:47 PM permalink
hotBlonde is due for a suspension for her calling soda..sewerwater.
She should just voluntarily ask for one and
relieve the wizard of his unfortunate position.
She has been given exemption before,
but it is only fair to others that she be held accountable.
Given the fact that HB disappears for weeks at a time,
She would not really miss the forum.
Please HB, do it for wizard.
He s the one whose reputation suffers
when you skate by based on your priveleged status.
In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
September 28th, 2012 at 3:19:35 PM permalink
I'll save her the trouble. HotBlonde gets three days for a personal insult as a first offense.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
September 28th, 2012 at 3:21:05 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

HB, I believe, was willing to show off her new non-surgically enhanced body. However, there are many non weight loss laparoscopic prosecures that would leave the very small scars that they do, just the presence of any scars would not prove anything. So it will be up to HB's honor to affirm that she has met the terms. I wasn't planning on a drug test for diuretics, either. I believe at one point early in the thread it was just mentioned that HB would affirm she has met the requirements, and that would be enough.

Unless it was some procedure that I'm not familiar with, just being able to eat the average oversized restaurant meal in about 30-40 minutes should be adequate proof. If stomach size is reduced over 90%, you can't get much in there.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 28th, 2012 at 11:08:49 PM permalink
I'm wondering whether spending the hours before necking espresso shots would break the diuretic rule...
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 29th, 2012 at 12:05:22 AM permalink
Quote: texasplumr

I'm gonna say it, you behave like a bitch.

Personal insult -- three day suspension.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
September 29th, 2012 at 12:42:59 AM permalink
Yo
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
September 29th, 2012 at 3:29:38 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

hotBlonde is due for a suspension for her calling soda..sewerwater.
She should just voluntarily ask for one and
relieve the wizard of his unfortunate position.
She has been given exemption before,
but it is only fair to others that she be held accountable.
Given the fact that HB disappears for weeks at a time,
She would not really miss the forum.
Please HB, do it for wizard.
He s the one whose reputation suffers
when you skate by based on your priveleged status.

She's also been warned before. I'd like to know why she's the sole decider of who can attend the weigh in.

Me? I'd rather get a root canal sans anesthesia.

Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
September 29th, 2012 at 6:19:31 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Personal insult -- three day suspension.

Sign me up, too, Wiz.

HB is so close to the weigh-in. Why come on here and start stirring it up again about SOOPOO taking credit?

She's acted like a raging bitch on here over some ridiculous PM's that don't show SOOPOO doing anything.

DorothyGale hit the nail on the head way back with HB needing the attention. I think she's rivalling Kim Kardashian in the
attention whore department.

What an emotional wreck. This thread has provided a lot of entertainment, though. However, as soon as the weigh-in
occurs she's on "ignore". Total Wacko Headjob!

The weight will be back on before too long - probably more.
1BB
1BB
September 29th, 2012 at 6:27:08 AM permalink
Quote: Woldus

Sign me up, too, Wiz.

HB is so close to the weigh-in. Why come on here and start stirring it up again about SOOPOO taking credit?

She's acted like a raging bitch on here over some ridiculous PM's that don't show SOOPOO doing anything.

DorothyGale hit the nail on the head way back with HB needing the attention. I think she's rivalling Kim Kardashian in the

What an emotional wreck. This thread has provided a lot of entertainment, though. However, as soon as the weigh-in

I always thought Dorothy had a good head on her shoulders.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
September 29th, 2012 at 6:29:19 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

Literally.

( :P to Dorothy! I hope you can't resist coming back to chastise me for that! )
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Mosca
Mosca
September 29th, 2012 at 6:32:37 AM permalink

Sign me up, too, Wiz.

The point is that there's nothing to be gained from saying anything. Everything stands for itself, there is no need to run a commentary on it. Doing so adds nothing, and gets you suspended.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 29th, 2012 at 6:34:45 AM permalink

Sign me up, too, Wiz....She's acted like a raging bitch...

Done. Personal insult -- three days.
1BB
1BB
September 29th, 2012 at 6:53:58 AM permalink
Don't do it guys. Don't become another notch on someone's gun because if you do they will think they have won. We have three good members on suspension.

Don't give anyone the satisfaction.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 29th, 2012 at 7:27:55 AM permalink

So did I though in the case of any Hot Blonde ... its shoulders and down only.
so please... just wait for the weigh-in or nude weigh-in as the case may be .... and pay off your bets.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
September 29th, 2012 at 9:52:33 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

so please... just wait for the weigh-in or nude weigh-in as the case may be .... and pay off your bets.

I gotta say it is getting harder for me to think about paying off this bet. I know that is anathema on a gambling forum but this bet seems to be absolutely nothing I had hoped it would be so long ago. I was hoping for HB to lose the weight and find herself in the process. Instead I find myself beyond frustrated by her actions and the actions of some of the forum members. It turns out this whole challenge is not something I want to be part of anymore.
Mosca
Mosca
September 29th, 2012 at 9:58:28 AM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

I gotta say it is getting harder for me to think about paying off this bet. I know that is anathema on a gambling forum but this bet seems to be absolutely nothing I had hoped it would be so long ago. I was hoping for HB to lose the weight and find herself in the process. Instead I find myself beyond frustrated by her actions and the actions of some of the forum members. It turns out this whole challenge is not something I want to be part of anymore.

That may be, but you know that life sometimes happens that way. My advice is to pay off the bet regardless. Our respect for you transcends our differences; you are not a welsher.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 29th, 2012 at 10:12:52 AM permalink

It turns out this whole challenge is not something I want to be part of anymore.

I'd like to think that you are the voice of conscience and morality here. As such, I think you have the better chance to show your good works among the sinners rather than the saints. Speaking only for myself, welcome to the sinners' corner, and I hope you'll continue to stick around. Maybe you haven't seen much personal growth here so far, but don't give up too easily.
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
September 29th, 2012 at 10:15:03 AM permalink
I will be in Vegas the week of the weigh-in (will NOT attend). I would rather nail my penis to a burning building.

Is anyone required to be there? They would be wise to fulfill their responsibilities, then get the hell away from her. Why would anyone choose to hang around?
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
WongBo
WongBo
  • Threads: 62
September 29th, 2012 at 10:36:15 AM permalink
I have to say, for me,one of the most memorable chapters in the thread
was the participation of Dorothy Gale.
I really miss her. I like having CLASSY LADIES around here.
broads are a dime a dozen, anywhere.
one of my favorite posts...or should I say check list?
Quote: Dorothy Gale

Narcissistic Personality Disorder (Wikipedia):

Symptoms of this disorder include, but are not limited to:

Reacts to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
May take advantage of others to reach his or her own goal
Tends to exaggerate their own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagines unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Easily becomes jealous
Lacks empathy and disregards the feelings of others
Obsessed with oneself
Mainly pursues selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Is easily hurt and rejected
Sets unrealistic goals
Wants "the best" of everything
Appears as tough-minded or unemotional

In a bet, there is a fool and a thief. - Proverb.
FrGamble
FrGamble
  • Threads: 27
September 29th, 2012 at 10:50:05 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I'd like to think that you are the voice of conscience and morality here. As such, I think you have the better chance to show your good works among the sinners rather than the saints. Speaking only for myself, welcome to the sinners' corner, and I hope you'll continue to stick around. Maybe you haven't seen much personal growth here so far, but don't give up too easily.

I do enjoy the forum and the good people that make it up but I really am tired of the challenge and am kind of embarassed by it now. I imagine I wouldn't be able to have a credible voice here without paying my debts, but I realize now that I may have broken just as serious a commandment by not having a "good bet."
Mosca
Mosca
September 29th, 2012 at 11:06:22 AM permalink

I do enjoy the forum and the good people that make it up but I really am tired of the challenge and am kind of embarrassed by it now. I imagine I wouldn't be able to have a credible voice here without paying my debts, but I realize now that I may have broken just as serious a commandment by not having a "good bet."

It's a good bet. You can't go wrong betting on someone to succeed. Your mistake is putting a time limit on that success. As a Catholic priest, you of all people should know that there is ALWAYS a chance for redemption. That is the cornerstone of the doctrine, IMO, and its best feature; no matter the sinner, no matter the sin, redemption is always possible. (We may disagree on the path to that redemption, but regardless.)
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
September 29th, 2012 at 11:21:01 AM permalink
A casino will still cash out a disruptive patron. I think you'd be a bit beyond losing your "credible voice" if you refused a $90 debt based on a personal grudge, however justifiable at this point.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
sodawater
sodawater
September 29th, 2012 at 11:39:16 AM permalink
deleted
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
September 29th, 2012 at 11:46:25 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Still waiting to hear from "HotBlonde" if she plans on donating SOOPOO's portion of her winnings to charity should she indeed win her bets. Considering she's not comfortable being in the same building as him, is she comfortable taking his money? As I recall, SOOPOO pledged to donate his winnings to charity if he won.

Well, she is serving a 3-day ban, so probably best not hold your breath while waiting.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 29th, 2012 at 11:54:01 AM permalink
I assume MISSION 146 will give me extra credit for not posting a crude remark on this thread. I mean I will be without a puter in Vegas. So a suspension won't hurt that much. If I get any nicer, I'll puke.
sodawater
sodawater
September 29th, 2012 at 11:58:07 AM permalink
deleted
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 29th, 2012 at 12:02:52 PM permalink
Thatvwas when I was gonna take my laptop to Vegas,so I could plan on meeting some people. I will be incommunicado from Sunday afternoon till Thursday night. So in the words of our best President. " You wont have Buzz to kick around anymore. "

What balls Nixon had to say " I am not a CROOK " Worse he said it like it was a bad thing. I felt personally insulted !
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
September 29th, 2012 at 12:52:41 PM permalink

I realize now that I may have broken just as serious a commandment by not having a "good bet."

Father, your bet helped HB lose the weight, which is a good thing. Perhaps her soul is still the same, but that isn't your fault.

In other news, I told Dorothy she has been getting a lot of calls to return in this thread. She says that she read the latest posts, appreciates the support, and will make a temporary return after the weigh in. Personally, I look forward to another dose of Dorothy's five-cent psychology.

Image source: http://nogoodforme.filmstills.org/images/lucy%20doctor%20stand.jpg
1BB
1BB
September 29th, 2012 at 1:01:10 PM permalink
I hope Dorothy returns and I second everything that WongBo said about her. I'm sure others feel the same.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
September 29th, 2012 at 1:06:04 PM permalink

It turns out this whole challenge is not something I want to be part of anymore.

Yes, its turing out the best part of this thread
is that it will soon be over. Wild horses couldn't
drag me to this weigh in. This bet has caused
so many bad feelings, and had so much anomosity
attached to it, I'd want nothing to do with it
either if I was one of the participants.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
September 29th, 2012 at 1:33:56 PM permalink
I dearly miss DorothyGale and MustangSally equally.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
September 29th, 2012 at 2:09:26 PM permalink
I realize I was not a member when this bet was initiated, but, upon my review of all that has transpired, I ask the question, with sincerity:

Why is it that, in our society, people seek to be rewarded for actually caring for themselves?
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
September 29th, 2012 at 2:56:31 PM permalink
I don't think most people require any reward other than knowing that they accomplished something difficult. This challenge is the exception, not the norm, especially when you consider that there was an actual negotiation involved in deciding just how much of a reward was enough to qualify as an incentive.

I think most people will reward themselves in an appropriate way. If they've lost a lot of weight, they might splurge on new clothes or a make-over; if they've quite smoking they might buy theatre tickets with the money they've saved. Most people do not require other people to reward them with anything other than emotional support.

I think that most people will consider being a healthier and better parent/spouse/friend enough of a reward. Very few people need money as their reason for changing their bad habits, and if money is the only incentive there's probably a greater risk of backsliding.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
September 29th, 2012 at 2:58:29 PM permalink

I hope Dorothy returns and I second everything that WongBo said about her. I'm sure others feel the same.

+1
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 29th, 2012 at 3:30:21 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

Number 1, this is a public board and HB created a way to keep herself in the spotlight for 8 months ... by making it public, by having this thread, she gets all that comes with it ...

your friend (HB) has a clear psychological disorder that she fits like a glove. Whatever is driving that disorder, whether it's a self-esteem issue, or childhood sexual assault, or a fractured family life, or drugs and alcohol, or sexual identity issues, or whatever, that is what's driving the issues behind her weight problems ... to think that she can not get called on it is naive...

Step 1 in a 12 step program is admitting you have a problem. Ms. H.B. hasn't even done that step yet -- without uncovering the real problem, how can she ever hope to keep off the weight she loses?

Dorothy wrote all this in early March and I
thought she was way off base. Now I can't
find anything in her many posts in this thread
that I disagree with. A humbling experience
for me, because I was obviously so wrong
about this subject at the start,
Switch
Switch
  • Threads: 12
September 29th, 2012 at 6:28:52 PM permalink

I second your thoughts father and understand your dilemma ... it's not what I was expecting from this challenge either :-(
EvenBob
EvenBob
September 29th, 2012 at 6:39:01 PM permalink
Quote: Switch

I second your thoughts father and understand your dilemma ... it's not what I was expecting from this challenge either :-(

Now boys, HB is already getting welched on by a couple
of members who haven't been here since they made
the bet. You're making her very nervous.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
September 29th, 2012 at 8:16:16 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Now boys, HB is already getting welched on by a couple
of members who haven't been here since they made
the bet. You're making her very nervous.

And when she gets nervous, she eats... lol.

(Every time I tell a joke on the forum, I ask myself "Would Buzz approve?")
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
September 29th, 2012 at 8:40:37 PM permalink
So far the only joke has been your horse selections ! When are you gonna give me a winner ?
  • Jump to: