Thread Rating:

RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
September 30th, 2012 at 4:51:59 PM permalink
Quote: WongBo

I have to say, for me,one of the most memorable chapters in the thread
was the participation of Dorothy Gale.
I really miss her. I like having CLASSY LADIES around here.
broads are a dime a dozen, anywhere.
one of my favorite posts...or should I say check list?

Hi WongBo,
I am sure you don't mean it that way, but a quick read of your post could lead one to believe that Dorothy was the only classy lady around this board. I am not going to name any names, for fear that I would miss one, but I believe most of our female participants would fill the label of classy lady.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
September 30th, 2012 at 8:44:08 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

And when she gets nervous, she eats... lol.

(Every time I tell a joke on the forum, I ask myself "Would Buzz approve?")

You should be asking yourself, "will I get a suspension for it?"
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
QuadCore
QuadCore
  • Threads: 3
October 1st, 2012 at 10:04:32 AM permalink
I haven't posted in a while, but it seems that HB will meet her goal weight and prove many of us wrong. I wish her the best for her progress and am looking forward to the smile on her face when she wins and silences the haters.

I somewhat agree with others in that she is coming off as sort off eccentric. I also have seen several incosistent statements coming from her and I feel that she has been rather harsh toward a strong supporter and ex-friend in SOOPOO.

But, who cares. In the end all that matters is that she makes the weight and she will have shown a willpower that few of us have. Whether on not she will will gain is back and how she choses to celebrate is her business and nobody elses.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
October 1st, 2012 at 10:22:52 AM permalink
Quote: WongBo

broads are a dime a dozen, anywhere.

Really?

"Anywhere?"

Who knew?

Here in Stumptown, I pay $50 to $100 to rent one.
"What, me worry?"
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
October 1st, 2012 at 10:30:39 AM permalink
Quote: QuadCore

I somewhat agree with others in that she is coming off as sort off eccentric.

Eccentric? I must have missed the posts that call her eccentric. I think many people around here have used the appropriate label, and it wasn't eccentric.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
October 1st, 2012 at 5:11:39 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde (dated DAY 1, January 9, 2012 2:32:46PM)

I'm planning on kicking some ass! Haha.

266 days down, 16 days to go.

I'm still kicking ass.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 1st, 2012 at 5:19:29 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

266 days down, 16 days to go.

I'm still kicking ass.

So who's showing up at the weigh in
with money? Soopoo's been threatened
with arrest if he comes near HB. And
most others, from FrG to Switch seem
very disappointed with this whole thing.

Might be a very lonely event.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
October 1st, 2012 at 5:27:34 PM permalink
deleted
Last edited by: sodawater on Oct 1, 2018
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
October 1st, 2012 at 6:00:43 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Might be a very lonely event.

Good call.

Who can she point her finger at if there's no one around?
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
sunrise089
sunrise089
  • Threads: 6
October 1st, 2012 at 8:27:34 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

to threaten SOOPOO with calling authorities or "getting (her) brother involved" is just so over the line it's incredible.

I think you're trying a bit to stir up trouble, but I agree with your general sentiment. It's a black mark on an otherwise wonderful community that HB hasn't been perma-banned for some time now.

That said, I'm still honoring the bet.
MrV
MrV
October 1st, 2012 at 8:51:49 PM permalink
Quote: sunrise089

It's a black mark on an otherwise wonderful community that HB hasn't been perma-banned for some time now.

Indeed; and wouldn't it be just classic if immediately after the weigh in HB posted something offensive enough to warrant imposition of the nuclear option?

Then, if (as I suspect will happen) she gets stiffed, she won't be in a position to return to the board with her tale of woe.

What goes around ...
"What, me worry?"
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
October 2nd, 2012 at 7:36:17 AM permalink
What goes on between HB and others on this thread should have no effect on any bets made. If you made the bet then honour it. The bet was on whether or not HB reached a certain goal weight and not on how she answers or reacts to questions in this thread.

You can think what you want about HB, but not honouring your bet says MUCH more about you.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
MrV
MrV
October 2nd, 2012 at 7:55:09 AM permalink
Quote: vegas

You can think what you want about HB, but not honouring your bet says MUCH more about you.

I never made a bet with her.
"What, me worry?"
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
October 2nd, 2012 at 8:07:42 AM permalink
Ya I know that MrV. I was just referring to those that made the bet and are now thinking of not paying. If HB does not make her weight they would expect her to pay up.
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1491
October 2nd, 2012 at 8:13:28 AM permalink
Vegas just sent me $100 by Paypal to honor his gambling debt, should HB win, which she probably will. Anybody else who bet, but has not made arrangements to pay, may do the same. My Paypal information available upon request by PM.

Let me also say that in the world of gambling there is nothing worse than somebody who welches on a bet. Cheating is equally as bad. Finally, for about the 128th time, if HB or this thread bothers you so much -- don't read it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 2nd, 2012 at 8:25:22 AM permalink
Though I think HB has acted badly over the course of the last few months and that this thread is kind of like most people at a NASCAR track--everyone is waiting for the big crash (of which there have been a few!!)--I think that all bets should be paid when the winner is determined. I did believe that HB should let SOOPOO out of his bet but she chose not to (her choice, no one else's!!), so I don't know of anyone who should not pay up.

I'm still waiting to see if there is more carnage here over the next few days...
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 2nd, 2012 at 10:19:23 AM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Vegas just sent me $100 by Paypal to honor his gambling debt, should HB win

That's great of you, vegas. :)

Let me also say that in the world of gambling there is nothing worse than somebody who welches on a bet.

I have to say that FrGamble's comments were shocking. I've heard it suggested before that FrGamble could possibly not be a real priest, and just some made up personality on here, and I had for the most part rejected the idea in the past. After reading recent comments I am now curious because welching would seem like the last thing a man of god would do.

Finally, for about the 128th time, if HB or this thread bothers you so much -- don't read it.

Amen! And it's funny how people, or should I say the MEN on this forum, selectively read what they wanted to in this thread and joined the anti-HB rally despite all the truth that's been shared on here in regards to the situation between SOOPOO and I, information that both the Wizard and I shared. But people on here wanted to take the situation and make it worse, even filtering out actual information given and spinning things to benefit their own agendas. SOOPOO contributed to this by not only twisting the truth himself but never once correcting those of you that he mislead, and seemingly welcomed the hatred against me from the forum members. But I gave up a while back trying to get people to honestly evaluate the situation. I've wasted no more time because it is completely pointless. There are people on here who have nothing better to do with their lives than to espew hate and create more drama than is needed, despite the fact that I've been honest about everything throughout.

And what the Wizard is saying is true... if you are bothered by me or the thread so much then don't read it or make comments! I have to say it's incredibly entertaining watching those of you get so mad! It's extremely humorous! It reminds me of a boyfriend I had who would just continuously get upset and madder and madder. And it was all of his own doing. He was doing it to himself yet blaming everyone around him. I've sat here and laughed at those of you who post comments about how upset you are, yet you're the ones who keep participating in this thread! What you're not realizing is that YOU are making YOURSELF upset! That's nothing short of insane and idiotic. I thought this was supposed to be a forum of smart people!

And by the way, at least at this point, I am not afraid that no one will pay me in the case that I win, other than lucyjr. I've reached out to him more than once through private message, and although it shows that he's read my messages, he doesn't respond back. I'm not saying that he won't pay, because that wouldn't be fair, the challenge isn't over yet. I'm just saying I'm expecting all bettors will honor their bets but that he is the only one I'm questioning.

P.S. A public thank you to all of you who have private messaged me with feelings of support. I wish there would be more public proclamations of those who understand and see the situation clearly, but I am grateful for the great amount of kindness and support nonetheless.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 11:49:05 AM permalink

SOOPOO contributed to this by not only twisting the truth himself but never once correcting those of you that he mislead,

Hold the phone! Where exactly did Soopoo 'mislead' us?
You posted the PM's from him, they were perfectly
straightforward and aboveboard. Where was the
truth twisted? Where is the misleading?

You apparently are never going to let this die, so please,
give us the examples where that wascally Soopoo twisted
everything.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
October 2nd, 2012 at 12:04:26 PM permalink

Amen! And it's funny how people, or should I say the MEN on this forum, selectively read what they wanted to in this thread and joined the anti-HB rally despite all the truth that's been shared on here in regards to the situation between SOOPOO and I, information that both the Wizard and I shared. But people on here wanted to take the situation and make it worse, even filtering out actual information given and spinning things to benefit their own agendas. SOOPOO contributed to this by not only twisting the truth himself but never once correcting those of you that he mislead, and seemingly welcomed the hatred against me from the forum members.

Your cards are down and you're nine high. Stop trying to bluff.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
sodawater
sodawater
October 2nd, 2012 at 12:29:47 PM permalink
deleted
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
October 2nd, 2012 at 1:37:42 PM permalink
Quote:

And it's funny how people, or should I say the MEN on this forum, selectively read what they wanted to in this thread and joined the anti-HB rally despite all the truth that's been shared on here in regards to the situation between SOOPOO and I, information that both the Wizard and I shared.

Correction. It wasn't just the men.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
October 2nd, 2012 at 1:51:38 PM permalink
Quote: tsmith

Quote:

And it's funny how people, or should I say the MEN on this forum, selectively read what they wanted to in this thread and joined the anti-HB rally despite all the truth that's been shared on here in regards to the situation between SOOPOO and I, information that both the Wizard and I shared.

Correction. It wasn't just the men.

Seriously...it was everyone but Mike and Nareed. And Nareed has her own beef with Soopoo. And Mike politically can't join the crowd and attack one member if his forum (I do not know his personal feelings on this saga, but I know that joining the crowd is bad for the board).
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
October 2nd, 2012 at 2:14:27 PM permalink
Looking on the bright side, it should be easy to find a venue large enough accommodate the weigh-in celebration...
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 2:48:02 PM permalink
Quote: FarFromVegas

Looking on the bright side, it should be easy to find a venue large enough accommodate the weigh-in celebration...

One booth at McDonalds?
sodawater
sodawater
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:00:26 PM permalink
deleted
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:05:59 PM permalink

McDonald's is not "expensive" enough for HotBlonde's free meal that she wants other people to buy her in addition to paying her to lose weight.

Keep the lies coming guys. This is too entertaining. What other junk do you guys have to contribute?

LMAO
MrV
MrV
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:09:44 PM permalink
tick ... tick ... tick ...

She / He who laughs last ...
"What, me worry?"
Maverick17
Maverick17
  • Threads: 17
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:16:17 PM permalink
Anyone willing to give odds that HB's weight will be 160.8 or less Oct 18, 2013?

Depending on HB and the willingness of forum members I would personally start an over/under at 2 bills for even money.
Statistics don't lie, they deceive.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:19:55 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

Anyone willing to give odds that HB's weight will be 160.8 or less Oct 18, 2013?

How about a bet that something 'happens' to keep her
from showing up in Vegas. Bike accident/grave illness/
kidnapped by aliens type of thing. That might be the
safest bet of all.
tsmith
tsmith
  • Threads: 19
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:32:28 PM permalink
Gets your facts straight guys. SOOPOO was the only one supposed to pay for the "yummy" expensive dinner. It's the boob job that HB expects everyone else to pay for.
sodawater
sodawater
October 2nd, 2012 at 3:37:49 PM permalink
deleted
gaujo
gaujo
  • Threads: 0
October 2nd, 2012 at 4:48:22 PM permalink

I'm saying that I'm feeling that he is going to act like he is responsible for my weight loss and puff up his chest and try to take credit for it. If you remember, in January I told him that I was going on a weight loss program and that I was going to lose 90 pounds by his Las Vegas visit on October 17th. I already knew I was going to lose this weight back in January. And he didn't believe me, hence the bet. I'm saying that when he sees that I've lost the weight that I told him I was going to lose before there was any bet started, he's going to go around telling everyone how I lost the weight because of him, and that's simply not true. I would've lost the weight regardless as it was my New Year's resolution. So neither SOOPOO nor anyone else can take the credit for my weight loss. I'm the one who did all the work. And was the money everyone's betting against me motivation? Of course! It made it more exciting to look forward to a big reward. But I haven't been losing the weight for the money, that's what everyone doesn't get. I had already committed to losing the weight a lot of people didn't think I could. So not only do I get to prove everyone wrong but I get a cash reward at the end. It's something I've looked forward to throughout this whole process.

I want to say something in her defense. I was a wrestler, and I know how difficult loosing weight can be. I can understand how the emotional investment and personal sacrifice must many times outweigh $9,000, or whatever the purse may be. However, these people put up money because they wanted to support you, and the way you have treated them is wrong. Win or loose, if you can't regain your decency, it is you who will have lost.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 4:54:47 PM permalink
Quote: gaujo

I want to say something in her defense. I was a wrestler, and I know how difficult loosing weight can be. I can understand how the emotional investment and personal sacrifice must many times outweigh $9,000, or whatever the purse may be. However, these people put up money because they wanted to support you, and the way you have treated them is wrong. Win or loose, if you can't regain your decency, it is you who will have lost.

Wow, you just joined a gambling forum today,
and your very first post is to throw your two
cents into a long running thread that has nothing
to do with gambling and to trash a long
time member? Odd behavior, don't you think?
gaujo
gaujo
October 2nd, 2012 at 4:58:18 PM permalink
"The truth is more important than the facts." Frank Lloyd Wright
MrV
MrV
October 2nd, 2012 at 5:02:22 PM permalink

Odd behavior, don't you think?

Upon further review of his opening post, gaujo starts by "say(ing) something in her defense," which quickly morphs to advising her to "regain your decency."

Holy hubris, Batman!
"What, me worry?"
sodawater
sodawater
October 2nd, 2012 at 5:41:27 PM permalink
deleted
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 5:50:12 PM permalink

well it's possible he could have been a long-time reader who finally wanted to weigh in. happens every day on WFAN.

It seems like pig piling to me, for those of us
that have been here since first post.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
October 2nd, 2012 at 7:39:20 PM permalink

Wow, you just joined a gambling forum today,
and your very first post is to throw your two
cents into a long running thread that has nothing
to do with gambling and to trash a long
time member? Odd behavior, don't you think?

On the other hand, he joined a forum, saw one of the longest topics is "Hot Blonde Challenge" and like almost any guy would do he clicks it, then gets engrossed in the drama and decides to comment. You gotta admit, it's a pretty decent soap opera. And the nature of forums is to comment. I say, give guajo a pass.
A falling knife has no handle.
MrV
MrV
October 2nd, 2012 at 7:45:30 PM permalink
I welcome him, quirks and all.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 8:31:38 PM permalink
Quote: Mosca

I say, give guajo a pass.

I think HB has enough detractors, why come here
just to make it worse. Its unfair.
Mosca
Mosca
October 2nd, 2012 at 8:55:15 PM permalink

I think HB has enough detractors, why come here
just to make it worse. Its unfair.

Hey, I wasn't thinking about the fairness of it. I was just thinking that there was nothing shady about the man's registration and comment, that he isn't a banned member under a different handle, or a plant. The other part, have at it. I've tried to stay out of the meat, staying meta. There's nothing to be gained from actually commenting on the challenge and the fallout, at this point. It is what it is. Res ipsa loquitor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 8:57:38 PM permalink

Res ipsa loquitor.

Attention Mission: I'm being called a name in a dead
language and I'm insulted. (What does it say?)

edit: I looked it up and it means F off donkey face! 3 days
suspension!
gaujo
gaujo
October 2nd, 2012 at 9:19:03 PM permalink
Thanks for the welcome.

And LittleTinBob, I recited my illustrious 18 and fab 4 100 times as a penance, please forgive me.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 9:41:38 PM permalink
Quote: gaujo

Thanks for the welcome.

And LittleTinBob,

Thats not me, pal. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but
I found it repulsive that somebody joined a forum
just to pick on a woman that everybody else is
picking on. Thats just crossing the line as far as I'm
concerned. You have't paid any dues, you know what
I mean..
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
October 2nd, 2012 at 10:18:23 PM permalink

(What does it say?)

edit: I looked it up and it means F off donkey face! 3 days
suspension!

It's Latin for "The thing itself speaks", I believe.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 2nd, 2012 at 10:35:07 PM permalink
"The thing speaks for itself."

I couldn't remember if it was that or what you said, so I looked it up.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 2nd, 2012 at 10:49:09 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

"The thing speaks for itself."

No donkeys involved? Dang it, Mosca skunks me
again..
Mosca
Mosca
October 3rd, 2012 at 5:18:58 AM permalink

No donkeys involved? Dang it, Mosca skunks me
again..

Haha, I actually have a reference to a whole list of Roman insults, I'll gladly rattle a few off! I think one of the translates as "you afterbirth of a diseased goat!"
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
October 3rd, 2012 at 5:36:57 AM permalink

Haha, I actually have a reference to a whole list of Roman insults, I'll gladly rattle a few off! I think one of the translates as "you afterbirth of a diseased goat!"

I only took French, so: Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
October 3rd, 2012 at 2:13:47 PM permalink
Quote: FrGamble

I gotta say it is getting harder for me to think about paying off this bet.

Et tu?

Quote:

I was hoping for HB to lose the weight and find herself in the process.

The terms of the bet are for HotBlonde to lose an amount of pounds by a certain date. No more and no less than that. The terms say nothing about HB "finding herself," nor being likeable, nor anything else.

But of course it was a very bad bet. That is, you were 99.9% certain to lose.

Quote:

It turns out this whole challenge is not something I want to be part of anymore.

That's fair enough. You can, should you so choose, extricate yourself from this thread. But pay your gambling debts.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
  • Jump to: