Thread Rating:

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
February 21st, 2012 at 7:31:31 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

This has not been a good day for you has it HB? Hang in there.

OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
DorothyGale
DorothyGale
  • Threads: 40
February 21st, 2012 at 7:33:14 PM permalink
Quote: Face

let us carry on sans daggers.

Dagger? I wish HB the best on her quest ... it is extraordinarly tough to lose weight for women, for most it is a lifelong struggle. This struggle is more than physical and for many requires introspection and self-awareness as part of the journey ... that HB conducts this struggle in a public forum gives permission to diagnose her disorder fully at all levels, not just as an overweight woman, but as a woman who has a combination of issues that all contribute to her weight ... in this case, she has an evident psychological disorder that accompanies her weight issue ... perhaps dealing more directly with the psychological disorder and its cause will make the weight loss much easier for her ...
"Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness!"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 21st, 2012 at 7:39:18 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

Dagger? I wish HB the best on her quest ... it is extraordinarly tough to lose weight for women, for most it is a lifelong struggle. This struggle is more than physical and for many requires introspection and self-awareness as part of the journey ... that HB conducts this struggle in a public forum gives permission to diagnose her disorder fully at all levels, not just as an overweight woman, but as a woman who has a combination of issues that all contribute to her weight ... in this case, she has an evident psychological disorder that accompanies her weight issue ... perhaps dealing more directly with the psychological disorder and its cause will make the weight loss much easier for her ...

Perhaps, but it's apparent this thread has taken on some negative tones. I don't know if it's compassion, or tact, or whatever, but maybe we can turn it around from here on out =)
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
February 21st, 2012 at 9:26:23 PM permalink
Quote: DorothyGale

Amateur psycho-analysis

You know the one thing that really grinds my gears, is when people decide they can completely analyze someone's psyche from a few posts on the internet.
It's weak. It's insulting. It's normally highly misplaced.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 21st, 2012 at 10:00:56 PM permalink
I have to say that I feel the attacks on me are unwarranted.

As I told my good friend EuropeanHottie recently, my hitting my goal weight will be the second most greatest accomplishment I will have accomplished in my life next to my college degree, which itself is something NO ONE in the 20+ people in my extended family has ever accomplished. I was proud to look at myself in the mirror in my cap and gown and will be very proud to accomplish what many people think I cannot do or what people in general have very little success at. For Dorothy to continuously attack me and tell me that I am narcissistic and have mental problems is just way off and I see no justification. Is the attention this challenge is getting possibly making you jealous? And yes, SOOPOO, when someone is attacking me and spreading negativity and I make it clear that I don't want someone like that to be present on a day that I view as being a very special day for me then you ARE being disrespectful of my feelings when you negate that. It's inconsiderate and disrespectful and you very often don't see when you're being that way. And for you to jump in and attack me by suggesting why I don't have a man in my life is just purely mean.

And as this being something that I look at as a grand achievement I see nothing wrong with me blogging about my progress and touting my excitement for the progresses I'm making. This has nothing to do with narcissism. There's nothing wrong with me acknowledging my personal accomplishments especially at something that almost everyone is saying is hard to do and will get even more difficult to accomplish down the line. For the most part I think that there are people who enjoy reading up on my progress and celebrating with me along the way. For those of you who don't care about my journey or think poorly of me are entitled to your opinions but I see no point in spreading negativity and I think you should vent elsewhere.

At the same time I thank those of you who have stuck up for me. I'm glad I have your support and I value your encouragement through this whole process.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
February 22nd, 2012 at 12:01:08 AM permalink
"Happiness is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal, or goal." - Earl Nightingale
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
February 22nd, 2012 at 12:32:23 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

This will be my last post on this thread until the end of the challenge. I started out this challenge as a FAVOR to HB. I bet against HB as a FAVOR to HB. There have been many texts and conversations, which I swore to HB that I would not divulge to the forum. Since I am disarmed from defending myself, I will fade into the sunset. I wish you well, HB, and hope to present you with $1350 on October 17.

Now that's just dumb. Post away. Don't let HB's childish behavior make you act childish yourself. This thread has actually gotten interesting.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
February 22nd, 2012 at 1:15:14 AM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

"Happiness is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal, or goal." - Earl Nightingale

You hang in there, kiddo. Pretty soon you'll be getting compliments every day
and you'll never get tired of it. Something like this can change your life at
your age.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
February 22nd, 2012 at 8:36:01 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

You know the one thing that really grinds my gears, is when people decide they can completely analyze someone's psyche from a few posts on the internet.
It's weak. It's insulting. It's normally highly misplaced.

You probably can't analyze, but you can get a pretty good idea. I've read enough of SOOPOO's posts to be confident that he's a stand up guy. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
February 22nd, 2012 at 9:39:36 AM permalink
Quote: 1BB

You probably can't analyze, but you can get a pretty good idea. I've read enough of SOOPOO's posts to be confident that he's a stand up guy. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished.

I respectfully disagree. Have occasionally met a cyber bully or two, and they are all pussies in real life.

• Jump to: