• Threads: 226
April 18th, 2020 at 10:17:53 AM permalink
Latest great coverage of Leronlimab

For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
April 18th, 2020 at 10:29:59 AM permalink
Just anecdotal evidence so far. There are numerous drugs that are more interesting right now.

The best drug so far appears to be Remdesivir.
darkoz
darkoz
April 18th, 2020 at 10:50:15 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Just anecdotal evidence so far. There are numerous drugs that are more interesting right now.

The best drug so far appears to be Remdesivir.

Remdesvir does look promising as well.

But the "leaked" promising info gets me nervous. Actual clinical trials haven't been released yet.

In fact neither has any official statement. Someone spied a video conference and posted about it.

But if the cure is Leronlimab or Remdesvir I am cool either way. These are how we get back to work
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
April 18th, 2020 at 11:57:22 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I have been giving this some thought.

I don't know laws in this area but if the CEO of Cytodyn directly lies about results to boost stocks doesn't that open him up to stock fraud of some kind?

BillRyan mentioned pump and dump which I know is illegal from watching Wolf of Wall Street.

At the very least, assuming he isn't lying outright, there are humans sick from Coronavirus who took Leronlimab with great results

Even if anecdotal, that's why they have moved onto the placebo controlled trials.

Maybe the trials don't get good results. Maybe they do.

But I am hopeful for now

If he knowingly lied to boost his stock worth I think that is a crime. Good luck proving that, even if true.

The problem is what may have happened is this....... (I'm making this up, but it serves as a good analogy)
"We gave Drug X to 10 patients with a blood oxygen level less than 90. On average 5 of these 10 with COVID-19 will deteriorate and go on to need a ventilator. In our test group, only 3 of the 10 needed a ventilator."

So that is 'promising', but certainly not any degree of evidence to start giving it to everyone. But maybe enough to test it further.

By the way, I did find the two studies on the government's 'coronavirus study' website. They list end dates to the studies extremely far in the future.... not sure if that is standard.
darkoz
darkoz
April 18th, 2020 at 12:16:53 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If he knowingly lied to boost his stock worth I think that is a crime. Good luck proving that, even if true.

The problem is what may have happened is this....... (I'm making this up, but it serves as a good analogy)
"We gave Drug X to 10 patients with a blood oxygen level less than 90. On average 5 of these 10 with COVID-19 will deteriorate and go on to need a ventilator. In our test group, only 3 of the 10 needed a ventilator."

So that is 'promising', but certainly not any degree of evidence to start giving it to everyone. But maybe enough to test it further.

By the way, I did find the two studies on the government's 'coronavirus study' website. They list end dates to the studies extremely far in the future.... not sure if that is standard.

Yes, it's all hope for now.

They have moved onto clinical trials so let's see.

Do you have a link to that study site you mentioned?

Thanks
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
darkoz
darkoz
April 18th, 2020 at 1:24:37 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04347239?cond=COVID-19&draw=5&rank=368

Thanks

It does jibe with most of the info I have

It's a 14 and 28 day study.

Final dates are an estimate according to the site based on the projected last person being administered the test.

They need 390 people for this trial (that's the number they have officially set) and many parameters have to be met (willing participants who qualify must be enrolled)

So I suspect they gave an extended date since who knows how fast they will actually enroll the required patients.

One hopes it moves much faster
darkoz
darkoz
May 9th, 2020 at 1:59:22 PM permalink
It's been a few weeks since I brought this drug to the forums attention.

While there were some naysayers I want this to be the "hope" thread based on logic vs. the fear threads everywhere else.

So while clinical trials continue here is an update and it's very good.

http://safetycentre.ng/blog/personal/experimental-coronavirus-treatment-leronlimab-resulted-in-remarkable-recoveries/

Please read.

For those that don't want to.

Out of 54 patients treated with Leronlimab only 7 have died.

Those 7 were among 11 who were severely critically ill.

Many of the patients recovered and went home

But read the article fully. Once this drug is approved we can finally think about reopening without fear.

Get sick? Fine. Go to hospital, get Leronlimab, go home!
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
May 9th, 2020 at 2:06:35 PM permalink
7 out of 54 doesnít really sound promising at all to me almost 13% of patients died. Can interpret than any way you choose I suppose. I read the article it didnít really seem to say much, read more like an advertisement puff piece than a review with the way terminology was used, lifting 2-3 word partial quotes without providing any context. What context was provided seemed to believe it saved 4 lives that otherwise could have passed. Hopefully Iím wrong there! Article also seemed to say 49 rather than 54 unless I missed something, maybe another 23 elsewhere?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 163
May 9th, 2020 at 2:18:12 PM permalink
I'm waiting to hear results of the many drugs being studied. I hope we will hear more results by June at least.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: