Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 235
May 9th, 2020 at 7:12:37 PM permalink
For those who want to see how the science is working behind Leronlimab

https://www.targetedonc.com/view/leronlimab-shows-further-promise-for-covid-19-treatment-study-shows
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
May 9th, 2020 at 7:48:46 PM permalink
In general, drug success is about 16% of all drugs developed. Not horrible odds, unless you've invested millions in developing a drug that isn't a success.

Of course, most of the drugs in trial are already older drugs used for something else.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
May 10th, 2020 at 7:14:07 AM permalink
How much CYDY stock have you bought, DarkOz?
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 129
May 10th, 2020 at 7:32:42 AM permalink
I wish I could call up my cousin on this ..... he retired from doing this type of drug making stuff after 25 yrs or so. Finally figured out he was doing it all wrong. Instead of working on making the next new drug he decided he could use his smarts to RESEARCH the applications for patents on new drugs. His background meant he understood the stuff they were revealing in the applications and he would make decisions on what he saw. One drug application he knew they were on to something big and he bet heavy on it..... yr later it was 11 times the price he paid for his investment .

My history of investing involved a company called BRE-X google that one and decide what you would do with it once people involved are suddenly jumping( or was it pushed ? ) out of helicopters while flying high above the earth.

I googled the head of this company and one of the links that popped up was this

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/07/cytodyn-says-lead-hiv-drug-was-not-filed-for-fda-approval-as-previously-claimed/
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2020 at 7:54:02 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

How much CYDY stock have you bought, DarkOz?

Yeah I have taken that wager.

I purchased 1300 shares on Friday.

I believe that strongly in it. Took me three weeks to make the decision

I'm not pushing it on here because I want the stock to go up. The drug will be FDA approved or not

I'm in it long.

I was planning to make a thread on it.

How does the "Misadventures of Darkoz" sound?
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2020 at 7:59:05 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

I wish I could call up my cousin on this ..... he retired from doing this type of drug making stuff after 25 yrs or so. Finally figured out he was doing it all wrong. Instead of working on making the next new drug he decided he could use his smarts to RESEARCH the applications for patents on new drugs. His background meant he understood the stuff they were revealing in the applications and he would make decisions on what he saw. One drug application he knew they were on to something big and he bet heavy on it..... yr later it was 11 times the price he paid for his investment .

My history of investing involved a company called BRE-X google that one and decide what you would do with it once people involved are suddenly jumping( or was it pushed ? ) out of helicopters while flying high above the earth.

I googled the head of this company and one of the links that popped up was this

https://www.statnews.com/2020/05/07/cytodyn-says-lead-hiv-drug-was-not-filed-for-fda-approval-as-previously-claimed/

I am aware of the stat news article.

It's written by the Same guy who leaked the Remdesvir article. So basically he is trying to manipulate the market in favor of Gilead and against their rival Cytodyn.

He has a history of doing this and SEC investigation

https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/9072271-todd-cox/4071016-is-the-sec-investigating-the-street-inc-and-adam-feuerstein-concerning-possible-illegal-manipulation-of-isoray
coilman
coilman
  • Threads: 129
May 10th, 2020 at 8:13:27 AM permalink
Good Luck on your bet ......... for me it rings like the Bre X times of years ago. It will either be a GRAND SLAM over the center field roof or a pop up out to the catcher .

https://business.financialpost.com/commodities/mining/john-felderhof-geologist-who-played-central-role-in-bre-x-scandal-dead-at-79

The dramatic elements of the Bre-X story even captured Hollywood’s attention, inspiring a 2017 movie called Gold that starred Oscar-winner Matthew McConaughey as the CEO of fictitious Reno, Nev.-based Washoe Mining Inc.
bartleby7334
bartleby7334
  • Threads: 0
May 10th, 2020 at 12:45:19 PM permalink
Federman & Sherwood Investigates CytoDyn Inc. for Possible Violations of Federal Securities Laws

The law firm of Federman & Sherwood has initiated an investigation into CytoDyn Inc. (OTC: CYDY) and its officers and directors, with respect to possible violations of federal securities laws. On April 27, 2020, CytoDyn, a late-stage biotechnology company, issued a press release indicating it had submitted a "Biologics License Application ("BLA") to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Leronlimab as a combination therapy with HAART for highly treatment experienced HIV patients." On May 7, 2020, CytoDyn announced that its BLA for Leronlimab "will be considered completed after the clinical datasets are submitted on May 11, 2020."
darkoz
darkoz
May 10th, 2020 at 12:59:02 PM permalink
Quote: bartleby7334

Federman & Sherwood Investigates CytoDyn Inc. for Possible Violations of Federal Securities Laws

The law firm of Federman & Sherwood has initiated an investigation into CytoDyn Inc. (OTC: CYDY) and its officers and directors, with respect to possible violations of federal securities laws. On April 27, 2020, CytoDyn, a late-stage biotechnology company, issued a press release indicating it had submitted a "Biologics License Application ("BLA") to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for Leronlimab as a combination therapy with HAART for highly treatment experienced HIV patients." On May 7, 2020, CytoDyn announced that its BLA for Leronlimab "will be considered completed after the clinical datasets are submitted on May 11, 2020."

Very true

There is a concerted effort to discredit Cytodyn and help Gilead with their Remdesvir which isn't as good

So the actual issue here is the announcement of the submission on April 27th but it's not going to be completed until May 11th. That is being construed as deception on the part of Cytodyn

Here is the reality

Cytodyn submitted on April 27th to the FDA. Upon that submission they requested more information to be collected. That completion is due May 11th.

Trust me I am not falling for the discredit of this company that will ultimately be the savior of many lives
bartleby7334
bartleby7334
  • Threads: 0
May 10th, 2020 at 1:12:33 PM permalink
> this company that will ultimately be the savior of many lives

You’re either delusional, or pumping the stock. I vote delusional.

They lied in their press release, and you bought it:(“ With the BLA filing for a combination therapy now complete” and “today announced the Company has submitted the clinical”)

VANCOUVER, Washington, April 27, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CytoDyn Inc. (OTC.QB: CYDY), (“CytoDyn” or the “Company"), a late-stage biotechnology company developing leronlimab (PRO 140), a CCR5 antagonist with the potential for multiple therapeutic indications, today announced the Company has submitted the clinical, and the CMC (chemistry, manufacturing and controls) portions of its BLA to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for leronlimab as a combination therapy with HAART for highly treatment experienced HIV patients. The FDA previously granted both Fast Track designation for leronlimab and rolling review for the Company’s BLA in HIV indication.

“The submission of the final two parts of the BLA is a significant milestone for the Company, and initiates its transition from a development-stage company to a commercial organization. We are excited about the opportunity to introduce a novel therapeutic to HIV patients. In addition to the BLA submission, once the ongoing investigative trial for leronlimab as a once-weekly monotherapy for HIV-infected patients has reached its objectives, we plan to initiate a registration-directed study. Leronlimab’s strong safety profile demonstrated in eleven clinical trials with over 800 people supports its long-term potential,” said Nader Pourhassan, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of CytoDyn. With the BLA filing for a combination therapy now complete, we are continuing our efforts on commercialization-readiness, as well as advancing leronlimab in the other important therapeutic areas of COVID-19, cancer and immunology. The BLA filing is a monumental achievement for our Company, and was made possible through the sheer determination and commitment of CytoDyn’s team and Amarex Clinical Research team led by Dr. Kush Dhody, Senior Vice President of Clinical Operations. I would like to especially recognize Dr. Nitya Ray, the Company’s Chief Technology Officer, whose work in leading the CMC program was very crucial to CytoDyn. Dr. Ray was also instrumental in consummating the Samsung Biologics contract to ensure we have sufficient large-scale biologics manufacturing capacity in place to meet the expected demand growth in a cost-effective and timely fashion. I would like to thank all of those involved for their tireless efforts,” concluded Dr. Pourhassan.

• Jump to: