4 votes (33.33%)
9 votes (75%)

12 members have voted

Steverinos
Steverinos
  • Threads: 5
October 5th, 2018 at 11:21:05 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

No one who is "for" Kavanaugh is "against" the USA any more than anyone who is against him.

It's debatable. He has displayed behavior that is inconsistent with the qualities and attributes we should demand from our SC justices. There are hundreds of other qualified candidates that have not lied to Congress, acted like a petulant child in the process, or have outed themselves as a political operative. It's not surprising he acted this way. Who do you think gave him his marching orders? His behavior was straight out of the Trump playbook.

And it's obvious some folks find that kind of thing appealing. Trump won the presidency. But I think giving that behavior a pass to the Supreme Court of the United States is wrong and dangerous.

So yeah, it's debatable.

It's probably the reason Kavanaugh wrote the op-ed. He realizes now how overly partisan and immature he came off.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

EDIT: The debate is whether or not putting your party before your country is AGAINST the country. I believe, in some cases, it is. Both parties have been guilty of it, for sure. Although, you know where I stand. Republicans have been doing a lot of it over the past ten years. They control all of government. It has definitely served them well.
Last edited by: Steverinos on Oct 5, 2018
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
October 5th, 2018 at 11:35:49 AM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

It's debatable. He has displayed behavior that is inconsistent with the qualities and attributes we should demand from our SC justices. There are hundreds of other qualified candidates that have not lied to Congress, acted like a petulant child in the process, or have outed themselves as a political operative. It's not surprising he acted this way. Who do you think gave him his marching orders? His behavior was straight out of the Trump playbook.

And it's obvious some folks find that kind of thing appealing. Trump won the presidency. But I think giving that behavior a pass to the Supreme Court of the United States is wrong and dangerous.

So yeah, it's debatable.

It's probably the reason Kavanaugh wrote the op-ed. He realizes now how overly partisan and immature he came off.

When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

No, it isn't "debatable"; it is silly.

He has years of experience on the bench. Judges do go off in court every once in awhile. Not a word about that happening. He went off when he was accused of horrible crimes in front of the whole country--and his young kids. Perhaps he could have done better, but I have yet to hear anyone say that they would have been anything less than upset about having to go through something like that.

I'm sorry, he didn't create the problem. This all could have been handled months ago but my belief is that Senator Feinstein purposefully did not let it happen so that she had a ace in the hole to play at the right time. Then she has the nerve to talk about how he acted. Sorry, Senator, it doesn't work that way.

I am not saying nothing happened and I am not saying that anything did. None of us who were not there really know what may or may not have happened. We have to go on how we "feel" about things, which is way short of any form of proving "guilt" or culpability in our system. Does that mean you are not entitled to an opinion? Nope...we all can have those!!

Ginsberg isn't disqualified for saying who she didn't like as a candidate for President. Kavanaugh isn't disqualified or "against" the USA for standing up for himself.

If Kavanaugh doesn't get approved, there will be another conservative appointee forthcoming. Democrats have said that they can't vote for Kavanaugh because of the things he is accused of and some have gone as far as to say they would be able to vote for a nominee without that baggage.

Does anyone believe that? Does that make them "unAmerican"?

Silly.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 5th, 2018 at 11:41:28 AM permalink
Does anyone believe that? I don't know. Does anybody believe that watching the NFL on Sundays in 2018 is unAmerican?

You bet your ass they do.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
October 5th, 2018 at 12:04:15 PM permalink

That's what you do when you put country before party.

No need, he is good for the country. She is a RINO and putting "her" party first. She must want to be primaried again.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
October 5th, 2018 at 12:39:45 PM permalink
Mindless lefty lemmings being trained to protest

https://d6n6n9x6.ssl.hwcdn.net/media/videos/1/5/b/b/7/15bb7989cb2106.mp4

https://trendingviews.co/video/kavanaugh-protesters-on-camera-being-trained-on-what-to-say-3886.html
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
October 5th, 2018 at 1:04:41 PM permalink
Dershowitz wonders why everybody on the
Left is screaming that the FBI didn't interview
Ford and Kavanaugh this week. He said they
never interview people who have given testimony
under oath, their job is to find evidence to back
up or disprove the testimony. They don't need
to hear Ford and Kavanaugh repeat what they
already said, or to try and trip them up in a
perjury trap.

People don't understand that the FBI investigates,
it doesn't judge or prosecute or come to conclusions.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 5th, 2018 at 1:17:00 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

People don't understand that the FBI investigates,
it doesn't judge or prosecute or come to conclusions.

We knew the lefties would scream that the investigation was not valid if it did not go their way. This is so silly. Like playing cards with my brother's kids.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 5th, 2018 at 1:57:38 PM permalink
Collins and Manchin say their voting
for Kavanaugh, so it's pretty much a
done deal. I wonder if the Dems
realize how harm much all these lies
and hatred did to their party. I'm
sure they have no idea. Yet.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
October 5th, 2018 at 2:27:14 PM permalink
This has shown me that it’s not about the country at all, it’s about winning.

And one side “wins” then the other side will “win”. While this happens, everyone is actually losing.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 5th, 2018 at 2:29:38 PM permalink

Collins and Manchin say their voting
for Kavanaugh, so it's pretty much a
done deal. I wonder if the Dems
realize how harm much all these lies
and hatred did to their party. I'm
sure they have no idea. Yet.

I don’t think they’re ever gonna figure it out. They’re just gonna keep ranting and raving about who-the-hell-knows-what. “Let’s try to ban plastic straws, that’s an excellent idea!”
FinsRule
FinsRule
October 5th, 2018 at 2:32:04 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I don’t think they’re ever gonna figure it out. They’re just gonna keep ranting and raving about who-the-hell-knows-what. “Let’s try to ban plastic straws, that’s an excellent idea!”

I mean, it’s not a bad idea to ban plastic straws...
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
Thanked by
MaxPen
October 5th, 2018 at 2:43:58 PM permalink
Ban bans
100% risk of ruin
FinsRule
FinsRule
Thanked by
RogerKintlildevilLucy
October 5th, 2018 at 2:50:34 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Ban bans

That’s deep.
RS
RS
October 5th, 2018 at 3:09:22 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I mean, it’s not a bad idea to ban plastic straws...

Except the straw ban, in California, doesn't apply to fast food restaurants. And at regular restaurants, you can still request a straw. Where do you think 99.99999% of the straws come from, especially ones that get littered and end up on the streets or oceans? The straw ban just "fixes" a problem that didn't even exist. California may as well invoke a requirement to purchase tornado insurance.
EvenBob
EvenBob
Thanked by
AxelWolf
October 5th, 2018 at 3:21:16 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

The FBI investigation was a sham,

Not a sham at all. What's in the report,
that all the Senators now know, is
the FBI uncovered witness tampering
by Ford's legal team. They tried to get
Leland Keyser, Ford's friend, to make up
a story that she knew all about what
happened at the party. This is why you
don't see much screaming from the
Senate today, they all know what a sham
the Ford debacle is. It's all lies.

It's also in the report that Ford didn't even
write the infamous letter to Feinstein. We'll
never see the letter because apparently it's
obvious it's not written by her. Lies lies lies.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 5th, 2018 at 3:36:51 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

Ban bans

AA- Abolish acronyms
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 5th, 2018 at 3:50:35 PM permalink

Yeah, but then some Republicans like Trump’s idiot son can’t even handle when people agree with them. He slammed the timing of Manchin’s announcement on his Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1048328508831936517

What makes this even dumber is the fact that Manchin voted in favor of cloture as well as voted in favor of Gorsuch.

Way to cross that aisle!

Beyond that, “Lyin’ Liberal,” makes no sense. Manchin is not even particularly liberal, see for yourself:

http://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Joe_Manchin_III.htm

He’s a West Virginia Democrat, which anywhere else, would be a moderate Republican. He’s only a Democrat (and ran for Governor and won as such) given his semi-left positions on Social Safety nets (Medicare, Senior Programs, Education) and other items such as teacher pay. As a Governor, he was pretty pro-business.

I would say he’s definitely in the top three and quite possibly the most moderate person in the entire Senate.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 5th, 2018 at 4:14:39 PM permalink

Seeing how there's been only one copy of this report made available to the senators and they all took turns reading it, I'd love to see where you are getting this information.

But if there's one good thing that's come out of this is that your faith in the FBI seems to be restored. We can finally quit with the deep-state nonsense.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
October 5th, 2018 at 4:26:15 PM permalink
Senator Collins did her research.

Collins Speech - Full Text

Excerpts:

One concern that I frequently heard was that the judge would be likely to eliminate the Affordable Care Act’s vital protections for people with preexisting conditions. I disagree with this. In a dissent in Seven-Sky v. Holder, Judge Kavanaugh rejected a challenge to the ACA on narrow procedural grounds, preserving the law in full. Many experts have said that his dissent informed Justice Roberts’s opinion upholding the ACA at the Supreme Court.

On Pre-Existing Medical Conditions:

Furthermore, Judge Kavanaugh’s approach toward the doctrine of sever-ability is narrow. When a part of a statute is challenged on constitutional grounds, he has argued for severing the invalid clause as surgically as possible while allowing the overall law to remain intact. This was his approach in a case that involved a challenge to the structure of the consumer financial protection bureau. In his dissent, Judge Kavanaugh argued for “severing any problematic portions while leaving the remainder intact.” Given the current challenges to the ACA proponents, including myself, of protections for people with preexisting conditions should want a justice who would take just this kind of approach.

On Whether a President is protected from Criminal Prosecution:

First, Judge Kavanaugh has written that he believes that Congress should enact legislation to protect presidents from criminal prosecution or civil liability while in office. Mr. President, I believe opponents missed the mark on this issue. The fact that judge Kavanaugh offered this legislative proposal suggests that he believes that the president does not have such protection currently.

Right of Same Sex Couples to Marry

Others I’ve met with have expressed concerns that Justice Kennedy’s retirement threatens the right of same-sex couples to marry. Yet, Judge Kavanaugh described the Obergefell decision, which legalized same-gender marriages, as an important landmark precedent. He also cited Justice Kennedy’s recent masterpiece cake shop opinion for the court’s majority stating that “the days of treating gay and lesbian Americans, or gay and lesbian couples as second-class citizens who are inferior in dignity and worth are over in the Supreme Court.”

Row v. Wade

Others have suggested that the judge holds extreme views on birth control. In one case Judge Kavanaugh incurred the disfavor of both sides of the political spectrum for seeking to ensure the availability of contraceptive services for women while minimizing the involvement of employers with religious objections. Although his critics frequently overlook this point, Judge Kavanaugh’s dissent rejected arguments that the government did not have a compelling interest in facilitating access to contraception. In fact, he wrote that the Supreme Court precedent strongly suggested that there was a compelling interest in facilitating access to birth control.
There has also been considerable focus on the future of abortion rights based on the concern that Judge Kavanaugh would seek to overturn Roe v. Wade. Protecting this right is important to me. To my knowledge, Judge Kavanaugh is the first Supreme Court nominee to express the view that precedent is not merely a practice and tradition, but rooted in Article 3 of our Constitution itself. He believes that precedent is not just a judicial policy, it is constitutionally dictated to pay attention and pay heed to rules of precedent. In other words, precedent isn’t a goal or an aspiration. It is a constitutional tenet that has to be followed except in the most extraordinary circumstances.

The judge further explained that precedent provides stability, predictability, reliance and fairness. There are, of course, rare and extraordinary times where the Supreme Court would rightly overturn a precedent.

Noting that Roe v. Wade was decided 45 years ago and reaffirmed 19 years later in Planned Parenthood vs. Casey, I asked Judge Kavanaugh whether the passage of time is relevant to following precedent. He said decisions become part of our legal framework with the passage of time and that honoring precedent is essential to maintaining public confidence.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
October 5th, 2018 at 4:32:28 PM permalink

Seeing how there's been only one copy of this report made available to the senators and they all took turns reading it, I'd love to see where you are getting this information.

Leland Keyser felt pressured by friends to make clear she believed For

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/5/le... Proxy Highlight

10 hours ago ... Leland Keyser told the FBI she felt pressured by other friends of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford to adjust her initial statement to ...
Leland Ingham Keyser says ex-FBI agent pressured her to change ...

https://canadafreepress.com/article/leland-ingham-... Proxy Highlight

8 hours ago ... Leland Ingham Keyser is the friend of Christine Blasey Ford who ... Ford's story to any significant degree, it might have been enough to ... and putting his hand over her mouth when she tried to scream. ... If it's absolutely false then why did Keyser tell FBI investigators it had happened? .... What gives here?
Leland Keyser told the FBI she felt pressured by friends of Christine ...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6244715/L... Proxy Highlight

8 hours ago ... Leland Keyser, told FBI investigators that Monica McLean, a retired FBI ... Pictured: Ford giving testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on September 27 ... Pictured for the first time since the news Ford had named her as a witness, ... 'She's just trying to get through it and hoping for it all to die down.
Leland Keyser Issues Statement In First Public Appearance - : “DID ...

https://freedomoutpost.com/leland-keyser-issues-st... Proxy Highlight

1 day ago ... A family member close to Keyser, 52, said: "Christine didn't give her so much ... Christine Blasey Ford named Leland Keyser as her number one ... However, the former pro golfer couldn't corroborate Ford's story ... The family member who asked not to be named explained: 'She's just trying to get through it ...
Friend of Ford told FBI she was pressured into altering statement

https://nypost.com/2018/10/05/friend-of-ford-told-... Proxy Highlight

9 hours ago ... Make-or-break GOP senators signal support for Kavanaugh after FBI report ... Leland Keyser, who Ford has said was present at the house when she was ... the alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false.” .... ' American Horror Story: Apocalypse' Finally Brought Out Its..
Rachel Mitchell expertly eviscerates the case against Kavanaugh ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/rachel-mit... Proxy Highlight

3 days ago ... Try 1 month for $1 ... Leland Keyser's presence should have been more memorable than ... Given that this all took place before cell phones, arranging a ride ... Either this statement under oath was untrue or her attorneys failed to ... [ New York Times stands by news story on Kavanaugh by opinionated writer] ...
Leland Keyser Told FBI That Ford's Ally FBI Agent Monica MaClain ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/9lkf6... Proxy Highlight

Reddit gives you the best of the internet in one place. Get ... False Flag Watch · Critical Shower Thoughts .... SS: Explosive news that Ford's “best friend” Leland Keyser was pressured by her “beach friend” ... calling witnesses like Keyser to pressure them to clarify their statements, trying to get them to support ...
Christine Blasey Ford: Friend Felt 'Pressured' Change Statement ...

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/christine-blas... Proxy Highlight

11 hours ago ... Leland Keyser, told the FBI she felt “pressured” by Ford's allies to ... alleged incident between Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanaugh is absolutely false,” ...
Witness Told FBI That Ford's 'Allies' Pressured Her To Change Story ...

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36744/witness-told-... Proxy Highlight

17 hours ago ... ... that Dr. Ford's "allies" tried to pressure her to change her

Need more pages? Just ask.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
October 5th, 2018 at 4:35:45 PM permalink
Can anybody tell me who she was addressing as Mr. President? I assume it was either Mike Pence or Orrin Hatch. Pence is the president of the Senate and Hatch is the president pro tempore.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 5th, 2018 at 4:52:32 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Need more pages? Just ask.

I guess I do, because none of them worked. But I found the story. It's the same story. No need to post several different sites that regurgitate the same info. The WSJ also reports that Kavanaugh allies did the same thing. None of this is surprising, I guess.

I find it interesting that Ford supposedly made this whole thing up and would name people that she knew couldn't corroborate her story. If it was a well-funded and coordinated democratic smear campaign, you'd think that they'd have those "witnesses" (people are usually sexually assaulted in private) lined up ahead of time and ready to back up the claim, especially a long-time friend of hers.
Fleaswatter
Fleaswatter
  • Threads: 10
October 5th, 2018 at 5:52:49 PM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Can anybody tell me who she was addressing as Mr. President? I assume it was either Mike Pence or Orrin Hatch. Pence is the president of the Senate and Hatch is the president pro tempore.

It was whoever was designated at the time, I do not know who the actual senator was

The Senate in Session
https://www.senate.gov/visiting/common/generic/Senate_in_session.htm

The vice president of the United States serves as president of the Senate and therefore its presiding officer. In the vice president’s absence, the president pro tempore -- who is generally, but not always, the most senior member of the majority party -- presides or designates other senators from the majority party to take the chair. Senators must direct all remarks to the presiding officer, whom they address as “Mr. President” or “Madam President.”

emphasis mine
new motto for the left: “I don't know if I received bad information, but I think I suspected there was more than there actually was,” (John Brennan Mar 25, 2019)
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 5th, 2018 at 5:54:24 PM permalink

IHis behavior was straight out of the Trump playbook.

https://www.ajc.com/rf/image_inline/Pub/p9/AJC/2018/09/27/Images/mike0928.jpg
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
October 5th, 2018 at 6:07:46 PM permalink
Quote: Fleaswatter

It was whoever was designated at the time, I do not know who the actual senator was

The Senate in Session

The vice president of the United States serves as president of the Senate and therefore its presiding officer. In the vice president’s absence, the president pro tempore -- who is generally, but not always, the most senior member of the majority party -- presides or designates other senators from the majority party to take the chair. Senators must direct all remarks to the presiding officer, whom they address as “Mr. President” or “Madam President.”

emphasis mine

Interesting. I did not know the position was fluid depending on the most ranking member of the majority present.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
EvenBob
EvenBob
October 5th, 2018 at 6:32:58 PM permalink

I find it interesting that Ford supposedly made this whole thing up and would name people that she knew couldn't corroborate her story.

They thought it would never go
that far, that Kavanaugh and Trump
would fold like a bad hand of cards
and slink away. They never planned
on her even coming forward. She
wanted to remain anonymous,
and then when the Ronan Farrow
story would break and the sleazy
porn lawyer would come forward,
and before all details could come
out, Kavanaugh would be long gone.

They didn't count on Trump standing
so strongly behind his man. Everyone
agrees that certainly every president
after Reagan would have folded and
picked somebody else. Not Trump,
the alpha male.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 5th, 2018 at 6:41:35 PM permalink

The Senate in Session

emphasis mine

Interesting. I did not know the position was fluid depending on the most ranking member of the majority present.

I don't think that's quite right, as to who's present. President Pro Tem is a permanent designation for the most senior member of the majority party. I used to lobby Strom Thurmond when he held that position in the 90s, and you have never seen such a gorgeous office suite as the Pro Tem. I bet it's nicer than the Oval Office, and definitely bigger. (I've only seen the Oval from the doorway when it was not in use, so a little hard to judge.)

The Pro Tem always has the right to take the gavel, as it's theirs by default. But it's usually scheduled among other Senators of their party, not by rank but by duty. There has to be a President present during business sessions, and it can be a chore, because that Senator has to physically be in the chair, not at hearings, committee meetings, or in office hours.

The chair also generally gives up their seat to another while they are speaking, because their job is to maintain order and recognize speakers, call the question, announce the vote, and other administrative tasks, not to orate from the chair.

But on major votes, the Pro Tem usually takes the chair.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
October 5th, 2018 at 7:14:22 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The Senate in Session

emphasis mine

I don't think that's quite right, as to who's present. President Pro Tem is a permanent designation for the most senior member of the majority party. I used to lobby Strom Thurmond when he held that position in the 90s, and you have never seen such a gorgeous office suite as the Pro Tem. I bet it's nicer than the Oval Office, and definitely bigger. (I've only seen the Oval from the doorway when it was not in use, so a little hard to judge.)

The Pro Tem always has the right to take the gavel, as it's theirs by default. But it's usually scheduled among other Senators of their party, not by rank but by duty. There has to be a President present during business sessions, and it can be a chore, because that Senator has to physically be in the chair, not at hearings, committee meetings, or in office hours.

The chair also generally gives up their seat to another while they are speaking, because their job is to maintain order and recognize speakers, call the question, announce the vote, and other administrative tasks, not to orate from the chair.

Thanks for the additional info babs. Question, since you seem to have a more intimate knowledge of the workings of the senate. You said always has the right to the gavel, but does the VP outrank the Pro Tem? The only reason I ask is from a scene I remember from House of Cards, where Frank Underwood says "You are in my seat" (he was VP at the time). I know it is silly as that is Hollywood, but it does somewhat makes sense.

let me know your thoughts.
Keyser
Keyser
  • Threads: 35
October 5th, 2018 at 9:33:44 PM permalink
Quote: RS

HA!!! You know what's next on the ban list? Spoons!!! They'll argue that spoons are lethal killers, giving people diabetes!
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
Thanked by
RogerKintRSAZDuffman
October 5th, 2018 at 9:34:49 PM permalink
beachbumbabs and friends.

Christine Blasey Ford = a F****** C#N! LIAR.

Admit it.

And let's move on.

If you still want to have your #metoo blinders on and not admit the injustices of faults allegations against Kavanaugh(and other innocent men), then we have to lose all respect for all your emotional political views.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 5th, 2018 at 9:40:58 PM permalink

That's one theory.

The other, obviously, is that no person being coached, is well-funded, and being used by the Democratic machines would name people that wouldn't corroborate a story. They obviously would have already deposited their money from Soros and be ready to sign an affidavit. I mean, naming people that wouldn't back up the story would be a pretty dumb f**k thing to do, wouldn't you agree? Nixon recorded himself being a criminal. Even HE wouldn't of been as stupid.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 5th, 2018 at 10:05:27 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

beachbumbabs and friends.

Christine Blasey Ford = a F****** C#N! LIAR.

Admit it.

And let's move on.

Well Ford must really hate her life, because there is not even a decent story to write a book about. A 3 minute event.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
October 5th, 2018 at 10:16:05 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well Ford must really hate her life, because there is not even a decent story to write a book about. A 3 minute event.

I'm not sure how one would go about figuring it out, but, I bet the C#N!s LIARS yearly income will be significantly higher after this. I'm sure her popularity has risen by a factor of at least 100,000. No one knew who she was before this, and no one cared.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Keyser
Keyser
October 5th, 2018 at 10:23:37 PM permalink
I love this meme that's out there now!

FinsRule
FinsRule
October 5th, 2018 at 10:44:51 PM permalink
Sexual assault is not funny. You have a pretty sick sense of humor if this is what you like.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 5th, 2018 at 11:09:05 PM permalink

I'm not sure how one would go about figuring it out, but, I bet the C#N!s LIARS yearly income will be significantly higher after this. I'm sure her popularity has risen by a factor of at least 100,000. No one knew who she was before this, and no one cared.

There is money in the metoo movement right now, maybe this is an AP move on her part?
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
October 6th, 2018 at 12:12:02 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

There is money in the metoo movement right now, maybe this is an AP move on her part?

Of course, I have no doubt this was all carefully planned over 10 years ago in her sick twisted mind. Remember, she claimed she knew someone that might be on the supreme court one day. I'm sure she knew there would be no way to 100% prove or disprove it happened.
Steverinos
Steverinos
October 6th, 2018 at 1:12:00 AM permalink

Of course, I have no doubt this was all carefully planned over 10 years ago in her sick twisted mind. Remember, she claimed she knew someone that might be on the supreme court one day. I'm sure she knew there would be no way to 100% prove or disprove it happened.

Carefully? Planned? For ten years?

And couldn’t find a single person that would lie for her? Couldn’t find a single person that would take the money? And when she couldn’t she just randomly named four people she hoped would lie with her?

Yeah, I think you might’ve cracked the case. Good work.
RS
RS
Thanked by
djatcMaxPen
October 6th, 2018 at 1:31:55 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I love this meme that's out there now!

Hey, that's not funny.

djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
October 6th, 2018 at 1:59:37 AM permalink
Now that this whole mess is over I'm just here for the memes.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
October 6th, 2018 at 2:24:41 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Now that this whole mess is over...

It will never be over.

Doesn’t matter that Ford is a liar, and all the dem arguments against Kavanaugh were systematically disproved by Senator Collins in her speech yesterday.

The dems will keep the lie alive, to appeal to their base.

You go girls!

AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 6th, 2018 at 4:02:47 AM permalink

She will do paid speeches for various lib groups. Probably be invited to a paid board position on some lib think tank. Not talking Hillary Clinton money, but in comfort she will live her remaining years.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 6th, 2018 at 4:35:37 AM permalink

They didn't count on Trump standing
so strongly behind his man. Everyone
agrees that certainly every president
after Reagan would have folded and
picked somebody else. Not Trump,
the alpha male.

This is why the Trump voter has not waivered in support for him. Bush43 would have folded the moment she came forward. So would virtually any GOP leader. Dems have historically taken the "wiseguy" approach of defend their person to the end, even if they are in the wrong. The Dems hoped that this would play out to history. Nope.

Now the Dems, the party who demanded the FBI check it out, say it is not good enough. Already threatening to "investigate" if they get the House back. Investigate what? All they want to do is to continue the circus they have created. Maybe they want to find that he pulled the ponytail of some girl in Kindergarten. This is their level of desperation.

Of course, look at their history. So much of their agenda has come by court order, not legislation. At all levels, not just SCOTUS. Trump is filling the court with good, honest, non-activist judges. It scares them to death.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
Mission146
October 6th, 2018 at 5:21:20 AM permalink
#MeToo is important, but fairness and due process are just as important. Movements sometimes swing too far to one side and need to swing back to the middle, which is where most of us really live. There are plenty of cases that can be supported by witnesses and/or other evidence, and those should go forward. It can never be as simple as "he did it" without anything to support it or we ALL lose. if you sit back and say that it would be okay if Kavanaugh lost his job and the nomination, then where does it logically end? He has no "right" to a seat on the bench, but it would not be right to keep him from it without at least a little proof.

I think Susan Collins said a lot yesterday. Advice and consent is not about being in love with the nominee or their positions.

Of course, nothing is done until it is done. Vice President Pence won't be leaving town today until the vote is done...
Last edited by: RonC on Oct 6, 2018
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
Thanked by
RonCdjatcRS
October 6th, 2018 at 6:05:36 AM permalink
Quote: djatc

Now that this whole mess is over I'm just here for the memes.

The #memetoo movement
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
October 6th, 2018 at 6:42:51 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

It will never be over.

Doesn’t matter that Ford is a liar, and all the dem arguments against Kavanaugh were systematically disproved by Senator Collins in her speech yesterday.

The dems will keep the lie alive, to appeal to their base.

You go girls!

Anyone want to guess who drives a Miata in this picture?
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
October 6th, 2018 at 8:59:37 AM permalink
To me Blasey Ford is just not believable. Her remembering that she had exactly one beer but not remembering how she got home is the most obvious lie of this whole fiasco. Exactly what her motive for her actions are we will never know.

The above does not mean that Kavanaugh did not lie about his drinking, sexual activities, etc...
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 6th, 2018 at 9:09:34 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

To me Blasey Ford is just not believable. Her remembering that she had exactly one beer but not remembering how she got home is the most obvious lie of this whole fiasco. Exactly what her motive for her actions are we will never know.

Motive is simple. She is a ***** hat wearing anti-Trumper. TDS is strong in this one. Thinks that destroying a man's reputation is no big deal for her idea of a greater good.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 6th, 2018 at 9:16:18 AM permalink

Quote: beachbumbabs

The Senate in Session

emphasis mine

Thanks for the additional info babs. Question, since you seem to have a more intimate knowledge of the workings of the senate. You said always has the right to the gavel, but does the VP outrank the Pro Tem? The only reason I ask is from a scene I remember from House of Cards, where Frank Underwood says "You are in my seat" (he was VP at the time). I know it is silly as that is Hollywood, but it does somewhat makes sense.

let me know your thoughts.

From Senate.gov:

"President of the Senate: Vice President of the United States. Under the Constitution, the vice president serves as the president of the Senate and presides over the Senate's daily proceedings. In the absence of the vice president, the Senate's president pro tempore (and others designated by him) presides."

This is why the VP breaks ties. His position is covered within the workings of the Senate, but the VP will almost never take the gavel unless he will be a tie-breaker.

They say Pence will be in the Senate building for the vote, just in case, and as he was for the Trump care vote. But if it goes as they expect, with Murkowski voting Present so the Montana senator can be at his wedding today, it will be 50-48 rather than 51-49.

If one other person moves from yes to no, Pence will be there to break the 49-49 tie. Part of Murkowskis courtesy vote is supposed to be that she will still vote Present in that event, because it would go 50-49 no if one moved, and the Montana guy would be screwed. I don't think they'll do that to him.

If 2 people move, it won't matter if Pence is there. And if anybody moves, McConnell likely won't call the vote today. But it seems locked in at the moment.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Keyser
Keyser
Thanked by
AxelWolfRS
October 6th, 2018 at 9:17:46 AM permalink
You're right that one is way funnier! HAHAAHA!!!

I hope they investigate Ford further and prosecute her for lying.
  • Jump to: