4 votes (33.33%)
9 votes (75%)

12 members have voted

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
October 7th, 2018 at 5:46:04 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

You are getting lost in word games here. You seem upset about the "lying" thing.

Reality is on a college campus today sex can be consensual the night that it happens but "rape" the following morning. It is a dangerous place for men. But the same behaviors and thoughts have been there all along. So if things go all the way and she decides the next morning that it was "date rape" then but the rape kit shows no signs of force, then indeed she is lying. OTOH, if she is telling the truth then it gives forensic evidence.

It might be a hard fact to accept, but women have lied for years to trap men. How many say they are on the pill but "it must not have worked!" Time was if the baby had the same blood type only it could prove paternity. Accuse the right guy, get a check. Positive pregnacy tests sold openly on craigslist. Putting holes in condoms or "spermjacking" the contents of a used one.

This is all real. And this is a huge reason why I and others do not simply buy into Ms. Ford's story. Seen too much of the real world.

Having slept with dozens of women in my life not one has ever accused me of rape or threatened too

You guys need to move to the big city where hick women dont try that crap
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 5:46:28 AM permalink
The entire way the case against Kavanaugh was orchestrated by Dr. Ford, Senator Feinstein, the leaker and others involved created more questions than answers about the accuser. If the information had come to light sometime during the process and well before the committee was done with the hearings, things might well be different. Having someone request confidentiality and then breaking that is a horrible thing to do to a person even with the stakes at hand and the person who did it should be located and destroyed (politically/job wise, not physically). It could be that the letter was written to hopefully add to what the accuser might have thought would be a pile of allegations a la Clinton or Trump.

The obvious difference between the latter two and Kavanaugh is that the allegations against them were public knowledge and both were duly elected to the office of President. It does not make their actions right; it simply makes one understand why they are not a bigger deal to everyone. You voted for Clinton, you knew what you were getting. Same for Trump. We weren't voting for Kavanaugh and he had to be confirmed by a Senate full of Democrats who said that would never vote for him and Republicans who supported him. It would not have taken much credibly presented evidence to tip the scales.

Everyone can jump up and down and scream and shout, but that evidence did not appear over the almost three months of consideration. The only witness presented to the Senate did not meet the standard of even moving forward with a charge. I do agree that it is not great moving forward with a Justice who has been tainted by these allegations, but are we willing to say every person accused of anything of this sort should be eliminated from consideration without corroboration?

I jumped too quick on the Duke Lacrosse case. My dislike for Duke blinded me to what the possibilities were. Lives were deeply impacted by allegations that were lies at the end of the day. I've stepped back from then, learned a lesson, and wait to see what evidence is presented. #MeToo is important but it is equally important to not let good people be ruined by unsubstantiated accusations.

If a few other, or perhaps just one, allegations with a scintilla of corroboration had come forward in this case, the nomination would have failed. If there had always been "rumors" of these types of thing in the political circles, he may have never been nominated.

Since we get chided here for giving advice to the other party, my middle of the road/lean conservative side says that I hope the Democrats continue to overplay their hand and promise impeachment of Trump and Kavanaugh. I hope they keep screaming and following people. I hope Hillary and all of the other speakers out there getting attention now continue to speak not about the future they want to create (a winning issue) but about how horrible it is that Trump got to appoint a conservative justice or two after he said that is exactly what he would do.

The Constitution is fine. The United States will be fine. The Court will swing over time based on elections just like the House, Senate, and Presidency. It wasn't too many years ago that the Republican Party was left for dead. We can continue to work on the "more perfect union" thing. It is still a better place than many, many countries around the world...better than more than it is worse than.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
Thanked by
AZDuffman
October 7th, 2018 at 5:46:43 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

The hilarity if he passes away next year from cirrhosis of the liver from over drinking

Even more hilarious will be when the republicans hold the senate and that old bat RBG dies and we cement a 6-3 court for a generation.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
RS
October 7th, 2018 at 5:48:16 AM permalink

You do realize it was a different clinton running in 2016?

You do realize both Clintons are scumbags?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
darkoz
darkoz
October 7th, 2018 at 5:53:32 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

You do realize that the one running was the same woman that NUMEROUS women said threatened them when they made allegations of sexual assault against her husband. So yeah, she is not an assaulter, but she certainly didn't care about the women her husband allegedly assaulted.

Kind of the way Ford got threats from the right?

Whats your point?
darkoz
darkoz
October 7th, 2018 at 5:54:35 AM permalink

You do realize both Clintons are scumbags?

No I dont

You do realize Kavanaugh and Trump are scumbags?

Let me answer for you. No you wont or cant
darkoz
darkoz
October 7th, 2018 at 5:55:38 AM permalink

Even more hilarious will be when the republicans hold the senate and that old bat RBG dies and we cement a 6-3 court for a generation.

18 yo's in a row, here we go
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 5:58:48 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Yeah, because they weren’t invented to, “Weed out the liars.” You should thank EvenBob for that gem. That sort of rhetoric is the kind of thing people hear, find out the speaker is Republican and then immediately decide they’ll never vote Republican.

Do you know what date rape means? You get that you can have rape without signs of forced penetration, right?

You see, there’s this concept that may also be new to you called, “Consent,” and how it works...

Anyway, I know lots of people don’t like the notion of, “Consent,” because it’s not a black or white thing, but that’s the way of it.

Like I said before, I wouldn’t have sex with anyone new without a written and notarized statement saying we, in general terms, consent to have sex with one another.

What does this have to do with rape kits?

Here’s the answer: ALWAYS use a condom that YOU are the one to open that YOU pull out of your wallet if this is something you’re worried about.

Or, don’t have sex. You could always just not have sex if you’re worried about this sort of thing. Don’t Republicans generally favor that, “Abstinence-Only,” education? Why is it not working out so well for you guys?

Do you really want to take it for granted that your partner is taking her pill at the same time every day, or at all? Just insist on always using a condom, if she says no, don’t have sex with her. It’s really not that difficult.

Yeah, so have I. In the real world, some people actually do try to have sex with other people without their consent. Crazy, I know. Again, statements such as the one quoted above are why you have the #MeToo movement in the first place, and women automatically not being believed, so you really have yourselves to thank for that.

The only reason I write off Swetnick’s claims is that she’s talking not just about rape, not just about gang rape, but serial gang rape at parties that, beyond all comprehension, she continued to attend. That’s not to say that drunken gang rape NEVER happens, it happened a few years ago at a party with a bunch of people from a local high school. But, serial gang rape and nobody at the time ever says anything? No, don’t think so.

I agree with most everything you said but...

Asking for notarized letters of sexual consent from first time partners. IDK about that one

Doesnt seem like an icebreaker to me
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
October 7th, 2018 at 5:59:03 AM permalink

Having slept with dozens of women in my life not one has ever accused me of rape or threatened too

You guys need to move to the big city where hick women dont try that crap

First paragraph: #HumbleBrag

Second paragraph: Being from the same general area as AZ, and having slept with more than one dozen, but fewer than two dozen girls/women (girls when I myself was a minor, obviously), I can say that AZ’s statements do not reflect my personal experience in any way whatsoever.

I’ve never been accused of non-consensual anything. And the only person to accuse me of getting her pregnant (twice) did so because I did, in fact, impregnate her. We were married the second time, though.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 7th, 2018 at 5:59:06 AM permalink

Yeah, because they weren’t invented to, “Weed out the liars.” You should thank EvenBob for that gem. That sort of rhetoric is the kind of thing people hear, find out the speaker is Republican and then immediately decide they’ll never vote Republican.

EB is in office? I did not know that. Hey, EB, if I get a traffic ticket in MI can you get it fixed for me?

Quote:

Do you know what date rape means? You get that you can have rape without signs of forced penetration, right?

I know what it means. It means the woman can decide after the fact that it was "rape" and destroy a man. It means "rape" is whatever feminists decide it is.

(some content trimmed for allowable space in news hole)

Quote:

What does this have to do with rape kits?

It has to do with showing there was no force, and that the woman was willing. It has to do with using science to prove these things.

Quote:

Here’s the answer: ALWAYS use a condom that YOU are the one to open that YOU pull out of your wallet if this is something you’re worried about.

Or, don’t have sex. You could always just not have sex if you’re worried about this sort of thing. Don’t Republicans generally favor that, “Abstinence-Only,” education? Why is it not working out so well for you guys?

Do you really want to take it for granted that your partner is taking her pill at the same time every day, or at all? Just insist on always using a condom, if she says no, don’t have sex with her. It’s really not that difficult.

Of course. Too many guys are stupid this way. Though if you are committed and she is supposed to be on BC she had better be taking that pill daily. Only fair since the feminists demanded we pay for the thing. As to abstinence, every young woman I know or heard of who practiced it managed to not have an unplanned pregnacy.

Quote:

Yeah, so have I. In the real world, some people actually do try to have sex with other people without their consent. Crazy, I know. Again, statements such as the one quoted above are why you have the #MeToo movement in the first place, and women automatically not being believed, so you really have yourselves to thank for that.

The only reason I write off Swetnick’s claims is that she’s talking not just about rape, not just about gang rape, but serial gang rape at parties that, beyond all comprehension, she continued to attend. That’s not to say that drunken gang rape NEVER happens, it happened a few years ago at a party with a bunch of people from a local high school. But, serial gang rape and nobody at the time ever says anything? No, don’t think so.

Yes, I read that thing and wished I could have cross examined. "So, you enjoyed the rape parties so much you kept going back to them? And lots of other women as well? That is your story?" Would have been a great "LA Law."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
RS
October 7th, 2018 at 6:01:54 AM permalink

No I dont

You do realize Kavanaugh and Trump are scumbags?

Let me answer for you. No you wont or cant

Neither are scumbags. Both are great human beings. We need more like them.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
October 7th, 2018 at 6:02:47 AM permalink

18 yo's in a row, here we go

I wasn't proclaiming that this will actually happen. Just joking based on your joke. Sorry if that was lost on you.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
October 7th, 2018 at 6:04:21 AM permalink

Kind of the way Ford got threats from the right?

Whats your point?

And which of them was running for president? And before you start in with the but but Trump, please remember I think he is a scumbag too.
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 6:07:17 AM permalink

I agree with most everything you said but...

Asking for notarized letters of sexual consent from first time partners. IDK about that one

Doesnt seem like an icebreaker to me

Assuming my fiancé and I ever break up, my one night stand days are long behind me, so I’m not sweating it. I figure if I have sex with anyone different in the future, we’ll have been out a few times by that point.

Honestly, I wouldn’t really care if I never had sex again. It’s not something I’ve ever been terribly concerned about which, I suspect, is why I’ve not had any trouble finding sexual partners.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
darkoz
darkoz
October 7th, 2018 at 6:13:42 AM permalink

Neither are scumbags. Both are great human beings. We need more like them.

You're the host of the tonight show now?

You got jokes
darkoz
darkoz
October 7th, 2018 at 6:15:29 AM permalink

I wasn't proclaiming that this will actually happen. Just joking based on your joke. Sorry if that was lost on you.

It wasnt funny lol

But point taken
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
October 7th, 2018 at 6:16:48 AM permalink

It wasnt funny lol

But point taken

Hey you just laughed ;)

I didnt find your comment humorous, its all subjective though.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
VCUSkyhawkMission146
October 7th, 2018 at 6:17:23 AM permalink

And which of them was running for president? And before you start in with the but but Trump, please remember I think he is a scumbag too.

Well we agree on one thing

We need no scumbags for president

Just 10 years ago Bill Cosby could probably have been popular enough to win the presidency

Imagine that scenario and the rape allegations

Whooboy
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 6:22:07 AM permalink

EB is in office? I did not know that. Hey, EB, if I get a traffic ticket in MI can you get it fixed for me?

No, he’s not. I’m just saying that if I were going to write about a caricature of a Republican, a parody Republican, if you will, I’d lift some quotes directly from EB and yourself to have him say. That’s not meant as an insult because I’m just speaking to things you guys have said.

Quote:

I know what it means. It means the woman can decide after the fact that it was "rape" and destroy a man. It means "rape" is whatever feminists decide it is.

(some content trimmed for allowable space in news hole)

Again, if you feel that way, just go with that Abstinence-Only thing Republicans claim to like so much.

Quote:

It has to do with showing there was no force, and that the woman was willing. It has to do with using science to prove these things.

No, that’s not necessarily what that proves.

Quote:

Of course. Too many guys are stupid this way. Though if you are committed and she is supposed to be on BC she had better be taking that pill daily. Only fair since the feminists demanded we pay for the thing. As to abstinence, every young woman I know or heard of who practiced it managed to not have an unplanned pregnancy.

If you’re committed, use a condom anyway if it’s something you’re worried about. If you’re really concerned about this possibility, just get a vasectomy. Then you’re firing blanks.

If a guy takes it as fact that his partner is using BC, then that’s his problem.

Quote:

Yes, I read that thing and wished I could have cross examined. "So, you enjoyed the rape parties so much you kept going back to them? And lots of other women as well? That is your story?" Would have been a great "LA Law."

Yup.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Thanked by
Mission146RS
October 7th, 2018 at 6:24:41 AM permalink

Just 10 years ago Bill Cosby could probably have been popular enough to win the presidency

Whooboy

Do we though? As a person with a life long record of voting republican I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump, because as stated above I find him intolerable. Can you say the same about Hillary? I ask because I stay out of the Trump thread, but you seem to lean pretty far left. Given that, I assume that you voted for Clinton. She is in fact a scumbag.
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 6:25:56 AM permalink

Whooboy

Especially had his campaign slogan been, “There’s always room for Cosby.”
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
October 7th, 2018 at 6:27:51 AM permalink
A POLL

How many men here have accused an innocent person of a crime serious enough to send the person to prison?

I expect at least a few, or is it only because women are so evil?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 7th, 2018 at 6:45:45 AM permalink

If a guy takes it as fact that his partner is using BC, then that’s his problem.

Correct his problem. Also shows what women are capable of doing.
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 6:46:15 AM permalink

Do we though? As a person with a life long record of voting republican I couldn't bring myself to vote for Trump, because as stated above I find him intolerable. Can you say the same about Hillary? I ask because I stay out of the Trump thread, but you seem to lean pretty far left. Given that, I assume that you voted for Clinton. She is in fact a scumbag.

In my case, yes.

As a lifelong liberal, there is absolutely no way I could have found it in myself to vote for Hillary Clinton. Totally different reasons, though. I felt that she was forced on the left by the Democratic political machine and that the primary was never really a primary.

I’ve also come to accept that my preferred economic policies are Socialist Utopia pipedreams that can never happen just because the foundational economic mechanisms are too far removed for it to ever be a possibility in this country. At least until currency no longer exists, but it’ll be a few hundred years before that happens.

In any event, I’m mainly concerned about social issues because I at least have a prayer of getting what I want in my lifetime. Gary Johnson was right where I wanted to be there. He also would have curtailed wasteful military, police and other unnecessary types of spending. (Police meaning drug and immigration type stuff). He also didn’t GAF about undocumented immigrants and favors open borders.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Thanked by
Mission146RS
October 7th, 2018 at 6:50:05 AM permalink

Gary Johnson was right where I wanted to be there. He also would have curtailed wasteful military, police and other unnecessary types of spending. (Police meaning drug and immigration type stuff). He also didn’t GAF about undocumented immigrants and favors open borders.

I am totally on board with the reduced military spending and reducing the over militarization of the police. Gary was right there. I disagree with him on the illegal aliens (dont try your liberal word games on me ;) )
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 6:52:56 AM permalink

Correct his problem. Also shows what women are capable of doing.

Not my point.

You don’t think that a woman could legitimately forget to take a pill one day? Like, never in the history of human events has anyone legitimately forgot to take a pill?

Anyway, the ensuing kid is both of their problem. What I meant is just to be smart and not take it for granted that someone is on the pill just because she says she is.

Are a non-zero number of women capable of lying and saying they are on the pill when they are not? Yes. Are you happy?

My point is that the guy is still 50% responsible if he impregnates her. The pill is also not 100% effective.

Again, as Republicans so fondly point out, only abstinence is 100% effective. Was the guy abstinent? Apparently not. Did anyone force him to not be abstinent? Doubt it.

The only thing he’s a victim of is his own decision.
rxwine
rxwine
October 7th, 2018 at 7:10:40 AM permalink
I'd be curious to see a line by line comparison of Hillary vs Trump on the scumbaggery scale. Trump has an extremely long list of inappropriate and unsavory comments probably 100 times Hillary quotes just to start with. As far as i'm concerned if an investigation was completed on a charge, you can't continue to insist on a greater charge. You have to go with the official finding. As far as I know the charge that Hillary threated women has never seen an official charge, whereas Benghazi has official findings. Trump may only have some advantage because several investigations may take years before they resolve,
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 7th, 2018 at 7:28:53 AM permalink

Not my point.

You don’t think that a woman could legitimately forget to take a pill one day? Like, never in the history of human events has anyone legitimately forgot to take a pill?

"Could" she? Of course. Would she if she is serious about BC? I doubt it.

Quote:

Anyway, the ensuing kid is both of their problem. What I meant is just to be smart and not take it for granted that someone is on the pill just because she says she is.

Both of their "problem" but in the end her responsibility. "Her body, her choice" we always hear. Men have 1 form of BC available to them, and it is the least effective. Women have many, all more effective. In the end, if a woman lets herself get pregnant in this day and age, she wanted to have a baby.

Quote:

Are a non-zero number of women capable of lying and saying they are on the pill when they are not? Yes. Are you happy?

No, I am not happy that there are women out there trying to trap men into marriage or tap their wallet. I am happy that you realize it goes on. It probably goes on far more than you realize.

My point is that the guy is still 50% responsible if he impregnates her. The pill is also not 100% effective.

And my point is if she really does not want to have a baby, she needs to take responsibility. "Her body, her choice." And as I said earlier, we now have to pay for her pills. So no excuses remain. Just as he has to pay the child support, she cannot whine that "he got me pregnant!"

Your position seems to indicate you think women think like men. They do not. Most women want to have kids. When I was still trying to find someone I would search on say match.com. 99% (Probably more) of the women on there either wanted kids or "probably" wanted them. You could not escape it. Have you ever worked in an office full of women and someone on maternity leave brings in their baby? Its like a magnet to every female in the place.

Men, OTOH, far less want kids. Many who do more want the kids "for her" than want them. I never did, which pretty much is why I stopped trying to meet someone. She will either want kids or worse yet have them already. Even guys who love having their kids were not up for it until after the kid was born.

What does this have to do with things? Simple. Many women figure he will "come around" after the baby is there. So you get "ooops, I forgot to take the pill!" IOW, anyone who is serious is not going to "forget." I have 2 pills I have to take every day for my health. It is a bedtime routine. Like showering or brushing your teeth. If she has been on the pill for more than a month she did not "forget."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
MaxPen
October 7th, 2018 at 7:30:19 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

If she was 15 that would make Kav what? 12 or so.

She was 15. The 2 guys were 17.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 7:31:39 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I'd be curious to see a line by line comparison of Hillary vs Trump on the scumbaggery scale. Trump has an extremely long list of inappropriate and unsavory comments probably 100 times Hillary quotes just to start with. As far as i'm concerned if an investigation was completed on a charge, you can't continue to insist on a greater charge. You have to go with the official finding. As far as I know the charge that Hillary threated women has never seen an official charge, whereas Benghazi has official findings. Trump may only have some advantage because several investigations may take years before they resolve,

Why can't we just agree that they were both deeply flawed candidates with character questions and move on from there? Do we really need to compare misdeeds and allegations of misdeeds to determine who is the worst of the two?

Besides, your rule on investigations/results belies what is going on right now...an FBI follow-up investigation after the last Judicial Committee heating found nothing to disqualify Justice Kavanaugh. Now many who opposed him say that was not enough. Taking that a step further, it pretty much means that the results of any investigation only matter if we think they matter...otherwise, we poke holes in them and say that the accused is still not proven innocent. We already do that, of course.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 7:47:44 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Why can't we just agree that they were both deeply flawed candidates with character questions and move on from there?

Do we really need to compare misdeeds and allegations of misdeeds to determine who is the worst of the two?

sounds too much like a participation prize. I prefer a clear winner,

Quote:

Besides, your rule on investigations/results belies what is going on right now...an FBI follow-up investigation after the last Judicial Committee heating found nothing to disqualify Justice Kavanaugh. Now many who opposed him say that was not enough.

Not me. I clearly see that the democrats miscalculated that last part. They have to live with the limited investigation, because they didn't insist on a full one for their final move.
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 8:22:53 AM permalink

sounds too much like a participation prize. I prefer a clear winner,

They both participated. I'd like to think we are better of with the outcome of the election, but my friends across the aisle likely disagree. I'm okay with saying that President Trump is a highly flawed individual. I think he is doing okay as President in spite of that but I still don't like a lot of things he does and comments he makes.

Not me. I clearly see that the democrats miscalculated that last part. They have to live with the limited investigation, because they didn't insist on a full one for their final move.

I am not sure that they didn't play their hand the best they could under the circumstances. I don't know what might have happened to the final tally had the investigation not been done, but the agreement between Senators Flake and Coons probably precluded them for asking for more than was agreed upon. Had Senator Flake not cooperated, the nomination would likely have moved out of committee with no additional investigation.
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 8:31:39 AM permalink

"Could" she? Of course. Would she if she is serious about BC? I doubt it.

I've been, "Serious about," getting rid of strep throat at different times in my life that I've had it and I'm sure I forgot to take my Amoxicillin at least once when I've been prescribed it.

Quote:

Both of their "problem" but in the end her responsibility. "Her body, her choice" we always hear. Men have 1 form of BC available to them, and it is the least effective. Women have many, all more effective. In the end, if a woman lets herself get pregnant in this day and age, she wanted to have a baby.

Men have two forms available to them. Abstinence is the second one AND it is the most effective. Republicans are supposed to love abstinence. Social order. No sex until marriage. Traditional family. Religious values. Why do I have to keep repeating myself?

Quote:

No, I am not happy that there are women out there trying to trap men into marriage or tap their wallet. I am happy that you realize it goes on. It probably goes on far more than you realize.

I don't think any formal data has been taken. Yes, it happens a non-zero number of times. Men rape women a non-zero number of times. People do bad things to other people, sometimes.

Quote:

And my point is if she really does not want to have a baby, she needs to take responsibility. "Her body, her choice." And as I said earlier, we now have to pay for her pills. So no excuses remain. Just as he has to pay the child support, she cannot whine that "he got me pregnant!"

If the guy really does not want to have a baby, he could just not have sex. His body, his choice.

Quote:

Your position seems to indicate you think women think like men. They do not. Most women want to have kids. When I was still trying to find someone I would search on say match.com. 99% (Probably more) of the women on there either wanted kids or "probably" wanted them. You could not escape it. Have you ever worked in an office full of women and someone on maternity leave brings in their baby? Its like a magnet to every female in the place.

Um...babies are cute. I think they're cute, and I'm a dude.

Anyway, just get with someone who absolutely doesn't want a baby if you're worried about it. Or, don't have sex. Or, date women who are physically incapable, for one reason or another, of having a baby.

They're out there, I promise. My fiance' doesn't want any kids of her own. If she were to accidentally get pregnant, we're off to the abortion doctor, my friend. Ain't freedom of choice a beautiful thing? We had an, "Accident," once (broke) and we were at the pharmacy within an hour to purchase a morning after pill. Again, ain't choice a great thing, man?

Quote:

Men, OTOH, far less want kids. Many who do more want the kids "for her" than want them. I never did, which pretty much is why I stopped trying to meet someone. She will either want kids or worse yet have them already. Even guys who love having their kids were not up for it until after the kid was born.

I think everyone is different. Again, there are plenty of women out there who don't want kids. Just date a woman past her child-bearing years, even if she does already have kids, they'll likely be grown up. Plenty of attractive, smart and successful women in their late-40's, or older. I dated someone who would be almost fifty now, of course, I was 19 and she was 34 at the time...but you get the idea. I've certainly seen women around the age of fifty that I've found attractive.

Quote:

What does this have to do with things? Simple. Many women figure he will "come around" after the baby is there. So you get "ooops, I forgot to take the pill!" IOW, anyone who is serious is not going to "forget." I have 2 pills I have to take every day for my health. It is a bedtime routine. Like showering or brushing your teeth. If she has been on the pill for more than a month she did not "forget."

Okay, so suppose she hasn't been on it for more than a month, what then? Suppose she only started on the pill, as is often the case, because she was in a committed relationship and forgot to take it one day?

I'll continue this conversation, but again, if you're super-duper worried about someone roping you into having a kid with them, here is my advice:

Don't. Have. Sex.

Traditional family dynamics, dude. Republicans are supposed to love, "Don't have sex." If these guys that you're so worried about would just adhere to the Evangelical Christian values, they'd have nothing to worry about.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO 
  • Threads: 122
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 8:31:48 AM permalink

As far as drinking a lot, I understand why he would lie about it. The mere act of drinking heavily does not support Blasey Ford's specific claim, but people would certainly act like it does.

I understand why you understand. But the American people(should?) want their Supreme Court Justices to not lie to accomplish some objective, even if the objective is laudable. If he could not say, "Yes, I drank a lot in college. Obviously not enough to affect my grades. I worked hard and partied hard. AS I got older like many of my generation I started drinking far less. I still enjoy a beer now and then. My drinking in High School and College should have no bearing on my present worthiness to be a Supreme Court Justice." Re the yearbook..... "There are remarks in it that reference things of a sexual nature. Like many kids, those remarks were more braggadocio than reality. I actually didn't even have sex until College. And, no, I'm not going into that any further."

Had he answered what could at least be perceived as truthful, he would have convinced (ZERO) some Democrats to vote for him? Of course not.
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
SOOPOO
October 7th, 2018 at 8:34:37 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Besides, your rule on investigations/results belies what is going on right now...an FBI follow-up investigation after the last Judicial Committee heating found nothing to disqualify Justice Kavanaugh. Now many who opposed him say that was not enough. Taking that a step further, it pretty much means that the results of any investigation only matter if we think they matter...otherwise, we poke holes in them and say that the accused is still not proven innocent. We already do that, of course.

Because it's totally results-oriented.

For the far left, the FBI could have spent a year investigating the matter, but if they don't get the results they want, then it wouldn't have, "Been enough." As we've been going over, for many, the accusation is its own proof.
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 8:40:29 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Had he answered what could at least be perceived as truthful, he would have convinced (ZERO) some Democrats to vote for him? Of course not.

The Democrats weren't his audience in this highly partisan process, the Republicans were.

He needed exactly zero Democrats to be in his favor on this one provided he only lost one Republican. The only thing Manchin's vote did was keep a guy from having to take a private jet from his daughter's wedding. All else equal, if Manchin goes no, you have 50-50.

Anyway, all one needs to do is look at Gorsuch to know that 46 Democrats weren't voting for Kavanaugh anyway.

He really just couldn't say anything that might add to the doubt in the minds of Collins, Flake and Murkowski. He lost Murkowski as it was.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
October 7th, 2018 at 10:02:44 AM permalink

I don't think any formal data has been taken. Yes, it happens a non-zero number of times. Men rape women a non-zero number of times. People do bad things to other people, sometimes.

Yes, but somehow men are in the wrong if they question the woman.

Quote:

Um...babies are cute. I think they're cute, and I'm a dude.

Anyway, just get with someone who absolutely doesn't want a baby if you're worried about it. Or, don't have sex. Or, date women who are physically incapable, for one reason or another, of having a baby.

They're out there, I promise. My fiance' doesn't want any kids of her own. If she were to accidentally get pregnant, we're off to the abortion doctor, my friend. Ain't freedom of choice a beautiful thing? We had an, "Accident," once (broke) and we were at the pharmacy within an hour to purchase a morning after pill. Again, ain't choice a great thing, man?

Men do not behave around babies like women do.

Yes, they are out there. Maybe 10% of the population. My point is women want kids more than men and more than a few will "forget" their BC.

Quote:

I think everyone is different. Again, there are plenty of women out there who don't want kids. Just date a woman past her child-bearing years, even if she does already have kids, they'll likely be grown up. Plenty of attractive, smart and successful women in their late-40's, or older. I dated someone who would be almost fifty now, of course, I was 19 and she was 34 at the time...but you get the idea. I've certainly seen women around the age of fifty that I've found attractive.

I have given up looking. Little to be gained at this point in life. Too many are too nuts. Stories I hear should be on a scared straight program.

Quote:

Okay, so suppose she hasn't been on it for more than a month, what then? Suppose she only started on the pill, as is often the case, because she was in a committed relationship and forgot to take it one day? ]/q]

String around the finger. If she was new on it and did not want kids she should be even more careful about it. Listen to some Leykis clips. If she "forgot" her BC, she wanted to have a baby.

Quote:

Traditional family dynamics, dude. Republicans are supposed to love, "Don't have sex." If these guys that you're so worried about would just adhere to the Evangelical Christian values, they'd have nothing to worry about.

It is not a "Republican" issue so I do not know why you are bringing that up. It is a human behavior issue.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
Thanked by
AZDuffman
October 7th, 2018 at 10:47:23 AM permalink
John Nolte has written a devastating article about
the last 3 weeks. This part of it hit me, I hadn't
realized how upset I was. We were watching
what this country stands for, what makes us
great, evaporate right in front of us. The
wave of relief that came over me yesterday
was amazing and unexpected.

Watching Brett Kavanaugh stripped naked and publicly humiliated by the organized left and media was excruciating. The obscenity of it, the injustice. Even worse was the tightly-knotted ball of fear growing like a fascist cancer in all decent people, as we lived with the intolerable thought that this abomination might succeed, that the single most appalling act of McCarthyism of my lifetime might actually pay off.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Oct 7, 2018
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 11:06:31 AM permalink

Yes, but somehow men are in the wrong if they question the woman.

Men do not behave around babies like women do.

Yes, they are out there. Maybe 10% of the population. My point is women want kids more than men and more than a few will "forget" their BC.

10% of the population is 20% of women. Plenty of fish in the sea and some of those fish don't want to start their own school, so they have no interest in your little swimmers.

Quote:

I have given up looking. Little to be gained at this point in life. Too many are too nuts. Stories I hear should be on a scared straight program.

Fair enough. I don't think I'd be looking too hard, either, if anything happened and my current relationship ended. Never really worried about it, just kind of happens.

Quote:

String around the finger. If she was new on it and did not want kids she should be even more careful about it. Listen to some Leykis clips. If she "forgot" her BC, she wanted to have a baby.

I usually try not to take generalizations and apply them to every individual person that has, does or could ever theoretically exist.

Quote:

It is not a "Republican" issue so I do not know why you are bringing that up. It is a human behavior issue.

I'm just saying that if guys on the, "Moral right," would themselves subscribe to that same moral code, then only Democratic guys, or at least non-religious guys, would have anything to worry about. If a guy is worried about being, "Tricked into," impregnating someone, then all he has to do is not have sex. It's not terribly difficult.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 11:15:34 AM permalink

10% of the population is 20% of women. Plenty of fish in the sea and some of those fish don't want to start their own school, so they have no interest in your little swimmers.

I am talking 10% of the female population.

Quote:

I usually try not to take generalizations and apply them to every individual person that has, does or could ever theoretically exist.

Life is generalizations.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
Thanked by
Mission146RS
October 7th, 2018 at 11:41:16 AM permalink

.....My point is that the guy is still 50% responsible if he impregnates her.

Would you agree that the male should be allowed 50% of the decision on whether or not to abort, either for or against?

Equal rights for all?
Mission146
Mission146
Thanked by
petroglyph
October 7th, 2018 at 12:01:32 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Would you agree that the male should be allowed 50% of the decision on whether or not to abort, either for or against?

Equal rights for all?

I think that if the male does not want the child, but the female does not wish to have an abortion, then the male should be able to sign away all parental rights prior to the birth of the child and not be on the hook in any way whatsoever.

As far as being against abortion, I don't know how you can reasonably force a woman to carry a baby to term if she doesn't want to.
darkoz
darkoz
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 12:24:27 PM permalink

I think that if the male does not want the child, but the female does not wish to have an abortion, then the male should be able to sign away all parental rights prior to the birth of the child and not be on the hook in any way whatsoever.

As far as being against abortion, I don't know how you can reasonably force a woman to carry a baby to term if she doesn't want to.

Isnt that a republican ideal?
Mission146
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 12:42:10 PM permalink

Isnt that a republican ideal?

For some, though I meant if abortion is legal I don’t know how you would force her to do so.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 7th, 2018 at 2:07:15 PM permalink

The hilarity if he passes away next year from cirrhosis of the liver from over drinking

Oh yeah, that would be totally hilarious....ha.....ha.....ha.....smh
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
RogerKint
October 7th, 2018 at 2:35:48 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It was expected, if a girl went out with you for
a 3rd date, they expected to get groped.

Now you tell me. It took me six months and about two dozen dates to get to second base.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
Mission146darkoz
October 7th, 2018 at 2:53:06 PM permalink
All this talk of women taking responsibility reminds me of all the guys not liking to wear a condom . How many didn't wear it EVERY time they should've?
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 3:11:42 PM permalink

Because murder is wrong. Playing word games, calling it a fetus, does not lessen this fact.

Just a background on my stance on abortion. I was pro-choice most of my life. Not really because I believed that it was a good thing to have allowed, but mainly because of my libertarian leaning. I dont like government intrusion into our personal lives. That said, when my wife became pregnant almost 4 years ago, I started really learning about the process of a child growing in the womb. It is astonishing how rapidly they develop. From that point on, you will never conceive me that killing an 8 week on child, who has a heart beat and brain activity is not murder. Going back to my anti government intrusion stance, preventing murder is not intrusion, it is what we expect our government to do, protect the innocent.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 4:24:31 PM permalink
I plan to split off posts about abortion if that conversation continues much further. However, I'd encourage anyone interested in discussing that topic, which never goes anywhere, to make your own thread for it.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
Thanked by
Mission146
October 7th, 2018 at 4:41:25 PM permalink
None of these political posts go anywhere. They all boil down to your guy is a POS and you are too if you support him.

The only one who ever makes any headway is maybe Mission, and that is just because he beats us to death with his wall of text. He is the William T Sherman of board posting.
  • Jump to: