Thread Rating:

Poll

4 votes (33.33%)
9 votes (75%)

12 members have voted

• Threads: 22
September 28th, 2018 at 1:12:06 PM permalink
Choice 1: Yes
Choice 2: Yes, but only Maury is invited as a special guest to reveal the results of Kavanaugh's polygraph test.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 57
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyphRogerKintMaxPenSanchoPanzaForager
September 28th, 2018 at 1:14:43 PM permalink
Hasnít 1 troll thread been enough?
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake. If the way is hazy. You gotta do the cookin' by the book. You know you can't be lazy. Never use a messy recipe. The cake will end up crazy. If you do the cookin' by the book. Then you'll have a... Break it down! Lemme see you bake it up! Drop that down low and pick that up. Break it down! Lemme see you bake it up! Drop that down low and pick that up Now back that Hey! Now back that. Hey! Now bake that. Hey! Now bake that. Hey! It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake (WHAT!) If the way is hazy (OKAY!) You gotta do the cookin' by the book, (WHAT!) You know you can't be lazy (YEAH!) Never use a messy recipe, (WHAT!) The cake will end up crazy (OKAY!) If you do the cookin' by the book, (YEEAAHHHH!) Then you'll have a...cake! Rub that, it's yours! Grab this, it's yours! Rub that, it's yours! Grab this, it's yours! Now turn around, put that on. Grind, make it get a little bigger! Now turn around, put that on. Grind, make it get a little bigger! You gotta do the cookin' by the book! HEY!
Mission146
September 28th, 2018 at 1:16:32 PM permalink
It is a comical reply to Mission's post from another thread.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 125
September 28th, 2018 at 1:18:22 PM permalink
Quote: 777

Choice 1: Yes
Choice 2: Yes, but only Maury is invited a special guest to reveal the results of Kavanaugh's polygraph test.

I'd say no. He has a right against being forced to incriminate himself. I'd like to see him take one, but I don't think he should be forced.
Now that there is a week delay, I wonder if the GOP will have their special assistant conduct a proper interview with Dr Ford and publish the results.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
September 28th, 2018 at 1:22:06 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I'd say no. He has a right against being forced to incriminate himself. I'd like to see him take one, but I don't think he should be forced.
Now that there is a week delay, I wonder if the GOP will have their special assistant conduct a proper interview with Dr Ford and publish the results.

Her initial findings is that there would not be enough evidence to prosecute. That said, she did say the setting and limitations place by the rules of the senate were not an ideal way of conducting these interviews.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
September 28th, 2018 at 1:24:58 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Everyone has a right to take the 5th.

And, I'm not advocating polygraph as a normal routine for all appointments. However, due to the UNIQUE circumstance and the seriousness of the alleged sexual assault that requires a thorough FBI background (not a criminal) investigation, IMO, polygraph is warranted in this case.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 39
September 28th, 2018 at 1:28:02 PM permalink
In what capacity is a polygraph used in the interview process for other government positions?
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
petroglyphRigondeauxbobbartop
September 28th, 2018 at 1:30:42 PM permalink
Not to mention polygraphs are NOTORIOUSLY unreliable.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
September 28th, 2018 at 1:34:41 PM permalink
I think for national security reason, some CIA, FBI, NSA positions require polygraph test. Also some sensitive positions in financial sectors also require polygraph test.

https://www.google.com/search?q=polygraph+test+for+employment&rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS748US748&oq=polygraph+test+for+&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j69i60j0l4.10305j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Anyone with knowledge on the polygraph test requirement please chime in ...
Last edited by: 777 on Sep 28, 2018
RS
RS
  • Threads: 57
petroglyphVCUSkyhawkRigondeauxSanchoPanzaonenickelmiraclebobbartop
September 28th, 2018 at 2:20:46 PM permalink
It's not even that polygraphs "can be beaten" or "may not always work"....it's that polygraphs are simply absolutely terrible. It's easy to pass if you're relaxed and chill, even if you're actually lying/guilty as well as easy to fail even if you're telling the truth/innocent. I thought this was common knowledge. It's like one step above throwing "witches" into water to see if they drown.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygraph
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Augustus_Larson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyDMoGjKvNk
It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake. If the way is hazy. You gotta do the cookin' by the book. You know you can't be lazy. Never use a messy recipe. The cake will end up crazy. If you do the cookin' by the book. Then you'll have a... Break it down! Lemme see you bake it up! Drop that down low and pick that up. Break it down! Lemme see you bake it up! Drop that down low and pick that up Now back that Hey! Now back that. Hey! Now bake that. Hey! Now bake that. Hey! It's a piece of cake to bake a pretty cake (WHAT!) If the way is hazy (OKAY!) You gotta do the cookin' by the book, (WHAT!) You know you can't be lazy (YEAH!) Never use a messy recipe, (WHAT!) The cake will end up crazy (OKAY!) If you do the cookin' by the book, (YEEAAHHHH!) Then you'll have a...cake! Rub that, it's yours! Grab this, it's yours! Rub that, it's yours! Grab this, it's yours! Now turn around, put that on. Grind, make it get a little bigger! Now turn around, put that on. Grind, make it get a little bigger! You gotta do the cookin' by the book! HEY!

• Jump to: